Speaker 1: We got get morning every day every gentlemen, adelaides, I want to talk about conversation with business people no thanks or.
Speaker 2: Yes please, So I wonder about this as well.
Speaker 1: The obvious one is when you order an uber and you get the option in the process of saying conversation, yes please or no thanks. And it just got me thinking about other businesses that might employ this. But first and foremost, are you a chatter in an uber?
Speaker 2: Big chatter, big time chatter. But the fifty percent of me is thinking that they would like to have a chat, and I don't want to seem rude. I sort of feel like that if I jump in the back seat, it sounds a bit of a you know, a bit of a you know, I'm not interested in your top message. That's that's quite the opposite. I'm definitely interested.
Speaker 3: I think I'm too good for you via, so I will chat.
Speaker 2: But then I've found out that I'm having some of these big chats and some of these Uber drivers I'd leave men like, well, we're pretty close friends, will probably catch up over Christmas. We never do, and sometimes i'd tip and i'd get a bad rating. So I can only assume that i'd.
Speaker 1: Pretty chat yeah, or that they're just like, oh man, you are the fifteenth ride I've had this morning. Yes, I don't want to know your love story.
Speaker 2: Do you really care what time I started my shift? All those tops?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? You start telling them about your footy career.
Speaker 2: Don't you do it longer? Because there rides a gap for more than ten minutes. Find something else to talk about.
Speaker 1: That's why you're rating so crap? Get out? Man, you didn't even play.
Speaker 2: I feel like, do you do it?
Speaker 3: I'm not a chatter no, I used to be.
Speaker 1: But if they if someone starts a conversation with me, then I'll one hundred percent yeah, engaging conversation. But I saw her on Instagram a girlfriend of mine posted conversation no thanks, conversation yes please?
Speaker 3: Was that her hair dresses?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: So that's an interesting one, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sometimes places like that, where you're having maybe your brows done, your lush is done, which can be an hour long process, you sometimes just want to lie there and zen out and not talk. But then do they feel like they need to make conversation with you?
Speaker 2: I just got a particular hairdresser came a couple of years ago and very chatty, very very chatty, and I reckon two minutes into it. He's like, oh, yeah, you're sinning a lot. Oh, thank you, thank you, appreciate that. He's like no, no, no, no, no, like heaps, like you'll be bored pretty soon around like real soon. I was like, thank you, that's the boost I needed, and I strutted out of there and put a hat on.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, No you didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't say word for the next half an hour because you were sulking and crying.
Speaker 2: It was something in both eyes here.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting one. Why do we take some calls on this? Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 2: Do you work?
Speaker 1: Are you a hairdresser? Do you like to chat or would you prefer songs? Conversely, are you a customer? In what situations do you wish you could slide across conversation?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Thanks, yeah, I understand what businesses should offer a no conversation option.
Speaker 1: Oh it's interesting. Also, are you an uber driver? Have you had Andrew Hayes in.
Speaker 3: The back of your car?
Speaker 1: Do you just want him to shut the hell up?
Speaker 2: Shut up, mate, this is such a stupid conversation. He's Andrew Hayzes to jumping the cup. Better switch it over and over or you'll start talking about the radio stations. Thirteen, twenty fourteen. What businesses should offer a no conversation option? Best call this morning, AFL Max Family Past.
Speaker 1: Also, coincidentally, we've got some traders in the studio at the moment fixing something. Maybe we should ask them what they want when they walk into someone's house. That's a trade, small talk course, small talk, Yeah, your name, Yeah, let's hear from you this morning. This is super interesting. Okay, So saw something on Instagram where a hairdresser had the option sitting in. So you walk in haircut, you sit down, and there's conversation question mark no thanks or conversation yes please, and you have to choose one you walk in, And it's just interesting chat around when you engage in something that involves goods or service or business, what situation do you not want to chat? In? Uber drivers, there's about five hundred round Adelaide who are like Andrew Hases in my Uber and he would not shut.
Speaker 2: And he was chewing my ear off. Gosh, she was annoying. I wanted to put him in the boot at one stage.
Speaker 1: So we are taking a calls with AFL family passes to sorry AFL max up for grabs here what businesses should offer a no conversation Ballsy Yanna from Newton, go for it.
Speaker 5: Hi, good morning, how aout you good?
Speaker 3: Thank you? What business?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: I was thinking physios?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 5: Know my physio is absolutely she's gorgeous, she's amazing, she knows her stuff. But it's a session, it's a twenty thirty five session, and you're in pain. You have your head stuck in a hole. You know, you're trying to balance all of that and zone out, no kids around, and the conversation just pushing and pushing, And I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great point as well, isn't it. Like you just want to try and concentrate and block out the pain. You don't need the stress of trying to have a conversation as well. It doesn't matter if there's science. Science is fine in that situation.
Speaker 1: But also, do you get the sense, yeah, I know that physios really only feel like they're doing their job if they're hurting you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a very fine line between too much pain and yeah and something very pleasant. Although it's not a massage, you're not supposed to be all relaxing and having fun with the cartel in hands.
Speaker 2: But yeah, very good call, very good call. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Carli from mod Bruyn North.
Speaker 1: Good morning Carli.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hello, what business are you in?
Speaker 1: Cleaning? Oh? Chat or no chat?
Speaker 6: No chat?
Speaker 7: I'd rather just get the job done and then go to my next plain spot on.
Speaker 2: You're there to make money, not to make friends, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: And the more you chat also like the sort of Oh I guess you can get paid an hour, don't you. So if you don't want to sit around and habit chat, then you're getting paid for Yeah.
Speaker 2: But most right in saying car that most people would only book you for a certain amount of time as well, so they'd expect you to get it done. So if you haven't got it done, that's right, put more pressure on it. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean some of them sit there and go, you know, do you want to coffee? And you're a cup of tea and so I don't really have time for that.
Speaker 1: Actually I need to clean your toilets. I've had the same clean up for twenty years and I just know she doesn't watch chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't that's good. That's a nice open relationship you have.
Speaker 1: Oh, walk in and say hello and she'd be high and I know that's it.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't she like it?
Speaker 3: Children? She would chat to seeing the dog you got no interest in doing to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's is that?
Speaker 3: That's all right, Like you're.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right. We've got a lot of calls coming through as well, keep them coming. Thirteen, twenty fourteen. What businesses It should offer a no conversation option because it can be very confusing trying to read the situation.
Speaker 1: That's got a tea from murray Bridge, Good morning tea.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 3: Where don't you want conversation about the den?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because one, it's painful and scary and you just want to get through it by yourself. But also most of the time you physically unable because someone's got something jammed in your mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially their fingers.
Speaker 1: Or they put that big cotton well thud thing right right up his gums.
Speaker 5: And when you get the numbing oh yes.
Speaker 1: No yeah, and how of your mouth doesn't work anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: God, how do you want to talk about the football? Pluka will in your mouth going like that?
Speaker 2: So comfortable? Exactly right? Joe, that's just an awkward conversation to listen to.
Speaker 1: Thank you, t Where should there be an option of conversation or no conversation? In business? Either you are the administ of a service or you're in the receiving end.
Speaker 2: Where do you think these are the questions? Joe, It's well done.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four ten. Taking it calls Helen from Andrew's Farm. Good morning, Helen, Good morning guys.
Speaker 7: The worst thing I have ever had to endure is a talk person next week on an aeroplane our flight and this person just warrant stop talking about their cats, their dogs and nanas whatever. I tried to pretend I was asleep and let's work.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry about that, Helen. I'd had a few drinks in the lounge beforehand in the mood Bridge at Love the Dog. I'm sorry about that. Thank you, Helen. Let's go to Jess for murray Bridge conversation, no conversation? Where should we have the option?
Speaker 8: Beauty parlors? Yes, because I like extensions that take about an hour and a half. I just want to have a nap and you can just.
Speaker 1: Listen to me snare. Yeah, yeah, I'm actually very with you. On that because the temptation is to fall asleep and just relax and enjoy the process, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 8: And then I've also had a massage before and I've tried to strike the conversation and the lady has said to me.
Speaker 2: This episode like she probably touched your lips as shut up? Did you shut your face?
Speaker 1: Thank you, jess Bet, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you going?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Where do you want no conversation? I'm saying here, well.
Speaker 5: The beautician, So when you go and get your waxing done, you don't want to be talking them when they're waxing the.
Speaker 7: Who hupise you do not want to be having a conversation.
Speaker 5: It's not a first date.
Speaker 3: I don't want to speak out of school here, Hazy.
Speaker 1: But I'm pretty sure our good friend of the show to from ten you first might have been having a similar procedure when she was asked, are you the lady from the news.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I need to know. I need to know now, I need to know.
Speaker 8: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know what news today.
Speaker 3: This is what you need to know?
Speaker 2: You know what you need to know? With Jody and Hazy, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: You need to know this morning, is that Joe Ingles, NBA superstar, former Adelaide boy ain't coming home to the Sixers.
Speaker 2: Gezi, Well maybe he will maybe. Yesterday several times I'll rattled you off the starting fight, including Joe Ingles, and we're just talking about how magnificent that was. And then Joe's wife, Renee jumped on social media and she wrote this fake news alert, quick fact check folks. Number one, Joe has not retired. He's still in the game. And number two, he's not playing for the LA thirty six's ah, she said, let's keep the fact straight. And the rumors on the bench she's talking to us, oh, not really know it, because that's where we go. No, no, no, no, no, it wasn't was asking the advertising.
Speaker 1: And then when we get information for the advertiser, we go, oh that was yeah. Yeah, So there you go, sad news. Joey Gool's not coming home to just yet. Wouldn't roll it out.
Speaker 2: In the gym, all right, let's sort of straighten up a little bit because it's all happening in Saulsbury. Yes, And that is where we find Hayden Nelson from seven News Adelaide and also Sunrise, Hayden, take us through it, mate. What's the latest. What's happening out there at the macers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, morning, Jodie and Haesy. Pretty eventful night. If you're at the McDonald's, there's a staff or patron here. Last night, it was about eight o'clock where the bomb response unit was called in. This is because of a bombs threat at the McDonald's. So what we understand is that witnesses say that a man walked into the restaurant. He then claimed to have a bomb in a backpack, certainly threading to have a bomb in a backpack, and then ran out and left that backpack inside the restaurant. So stuff had to evacuate the McDonald's. You know, you're in strife and they have to evacuate the McDonald's. The bomb response unit, as I said, bomb text wearing those those those full body bomb jackets inside to look at it, to deem that backpack staf so then remove it. All the while police had this gentleman in custody. They were speaking to him and just trying to find out, you know, the motive for all of this, what's behind all of this. And at this stage, you know, we don't. Charges haven't been laid. We're still wanting to hear back from police as to what those charges are, but that could certainly give us a clue as to why you'd sort of go to all this trouble.
Speaker 1: Asconcious, So we don't have an understanding of the motive.
Speaker 10: Years, no, not at this stage. We do know there were quite a few people at the McDonald's last night in the drive through, quite a few staff here as well, so no doubt pretty terrifying for them. And of course Saints has you know, got the Saints kitchen in the state's bootland. He's pretty busy this time of either. There's any time of fitness here as well, so look this time there plenty of people around. Certainly if he was trying to get some sort of message out there, they would have heard it. But police certainly talking to that gentleman this morning. Bring you all the details and seven News it's done us through out the day.
Speaker 1: Hayden, thank you so much for the update. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but your coworker here from Channel seven might have suggested that you were already at the McDonald's.
Speaker 3: That's all as well. For all this drama.
Speaker 2: I don't want to throw onto the bus hatos. But there were some suggestions that you were at the macas and you got through two double water pounder meals and you'll drop bombs on tour. But that's a completely different situation.
Speaker 10: Anything for the job, nothing better than a first hand account. And as you know, we always we're always sort of on scene when when we need to be bringing you the details as closely as we can, I cannot, I cannot deny or confirm.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Enjoy that.
Speaker 3: Eggan Baker McMuffin the sporning there.
Speaker 2: Take us through Shak's latest little adventure.
Speaker 1: There charts Oh Shack Attack. Okay, So Shack has made an appearance on New Heights, which is the podcast of Travis and Jason Kelsey. And so he sits down and they're like, yeah, Shark, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Resumes quite impressive.
Speaker 1: And he calls himself the Black the Black Kelsey brother, and then they get to the end of their little chat, which is highly entertaining because Shack is Shack and Shaq reveals his favorite song of all time. Take a listen.
Speaker 2: You just need to imagine as well. The big fella aggressively mouthing onto this song as well.
Speaker 6: My favorite song in the world.
Speaker 2: Music Back, So it's finally hers too, man, I appreciate that though I love you. That's nice, isn't it.
Speaker 1: That's little Travis piping up in the background about his girlfriend saying she's finally the owner of all her music.
Speaker 2: But it's cute.
Speaker 1: Produce moll, You're right. He's like so proud of her, isn't he? And he's sitting there bopping along to her music, and yeah, it's very wholesome.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think traditionally you would imagine that Shaq would be big Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: But here we are. This is what we've already said about Shack. He just continues to surprise us.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, And you just sort of feel like, if Shack turns up to a Taylor Swift concert, he's going to stand out because he's a foot and a half bigger than everyone else.
Speaker 3: Well, that is so very true.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to talk to you about, and I know you haven't seen it, but it's a new show. It's on Netflix and it's called Sirens, and I can't remember the last time that I sat down and just went, I can't stop watching this. I'm going to watch all five episodes today.
Speaker 2: But apparently super familiar with everyone.
Speaker 1: She's got like a weird power long of us too.
Speaker 2: He's the best time to get love does.
Speaker 4: Mikailitch has her talent so deep in your brain, okay, that you can tell you're in trouble.
Speaker 3: This is the happiest I've ever been.
Speaker 2: Sounds dramatic, sounds spicy.
Speaker 1: It is highly highly addictive sort of chick television more than anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, you might like it though, because you don't mind that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: You've got some feminine energy about you.
Speaker 2: Sometimes if it's a bit sort of gossipy, a little bit spicy, could go this way, could go that way. I'm in Hands Up.
Speaker 1: It stars a girl called and this name will mean nothing to you, but if you google her, everyone will go, oh, yeah, her name is Megan Faye, and she's one of those.
Speaker 2: Actually Megan fa Yeah, that means nothing.
Speaker 1: She's one of those actresses that you will see in a million different things. She's been in another chicky type show called The Bowld Type. She's been in The Perfect Couple, which is another sort of Netflickish show and The White Lotus as well. But when you see her face, you go, oh yeah, okay, but you couldn't tell you could not tell me her name?
Speaker 2: Yes, right there you go. Yes, she's very familiar because she's.
Speaker 3: Not familiar to you at all.
Speaker 2: Show you come on, man, do list, I'm going to watch Sirence.
Speaker 1: But Sirens. It's about a very very wealthy couple and the way they live in the Hampton's and at the and everyone's talking about this massive, massive twist that no one sees coming.
Speaker 3: Absolutely no one blindsided.
Speaker 2: We were there. You go, nice little recommendation from Joey. Do you need to jump on Netflix?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Maam?
Speaker 2: Netflix? Let's watch science. An alarming statistic coming through yesterday Joe's which we spoke about in regards to mobile phones and hard and drugs or nicotine at least.
Speaker 1: Well, we discovered that mobile phones are as addictive as nicotine and alcohol. They stimulate the same synapsis in our brains that releases dopamine, etc. So you're getting the say, same high from your mobile phone that you are from maybe smoking yep and or having a couple of drinks. And it just started a conversation with you and I about times we shouldn't be on the phone but you can't help you.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm a victim of that.
Speaker 1: And one of those times is when you're at school sport, or you're at the playground, or you should have one, two three eyes on me in watching your kids, but you're not because you're like, I just want to scroll Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you one for me? Swimming?
Speaker 3: School swimming every Friday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had to do a double up yesterday. And kids aren't at the stage where they're racing or anything. They're just there with the old swimmer of his ice swim and so they're in good hands. There's instructors everywhere. So I'm sitting there and I'm sweating to you by the way you look around, and I can, I can one hundred percent tell that there's ninety percent of parents in the same situation, like, God, I want to scroll, God, I want to scroll, but I'm getting get judged by the other parents. Yeah, so you see they going, Oh Instagram's like, eh, good stuff going on here. Check us out. So like I have to do the right thing here.
Speaker 1: TikTok's like whoo over here.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going to love this man. Just open up your.
Speaker 1: Phone, have a look like cat videos. I've got some good stuff.
Speaker 2: For you, the best of the best right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a little bit the same. I'm shocking at the playground because playground. No one warns you before you conceive a child that the playground has got to be the most boring place on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, you know.
Speaker 1: And so it's the playground for me where you know you should watch your kid, but you just can't help yourself.
Speaker 3: But also oz kick is a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, particularly when.
Speaker 1: Particularly when your kids they're not playing foot right, they're just like scrap doing little skills. There's always one kid, you know, down by the goals, chasing fairies, not playing. A teach She's like, why do I have to watch this.
Speaker 2: Sitting them when your kid is the one sitting on his barm with his legs crossed, drawing, doodling in the.
Speaker 1: Dirt, netball training. That's another one. The lure of the mobile phone. It is ridiculously hard to resist. And don't you worry about that. These social media companies, they are designing their algorithms to draw you back in.
Speaker 2: I can be honest with you, I missed the last forty five seconds because I was scrolling on Instagram. What did you say.
Speaker 1: Meantime your kids graduate from university?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my kid over there.
Speaker 1: Okay, have listen to this, please and tell me if it's you. Women apparently prefer men with more feminine faces. A new study has found fifteen hundred participants. You know, it's a good study when it's around fifteen hundred or more.
Speaker 2: Can't be less than five hundred, No, it's got to be more than a thousand. We've always said that.
Speaker 1: And also it's a good study when the participants are from Japan and the UK.
Speaker 2: Let's put on they get it, yep.
Speaker 3: So they were either.
Speaker 1: Heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual. And they found that participants did not have a preference for men with more masculine features.
Speaker 2: So it's changed over the journey. Really, So what this means is, picture of you guys like Harry Styles of course, Timothy Chalamagne, Chalom, Austin Butler, Andrew Garfield, Spider Man, all those guys, well they're very very thin, and they are like they've got these beautiful feminine features. So when you sort of break it down, say that as well, Like when you break it down Harry styles. You look at him, he's got these perfect, amazing sharp jawline, there's real pointy nose, and the whole facial structure is very, very streamlined versus what I think was probably the norm back in the day, and that's probably a muscilier, boxier gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I like a Channing Tatum time, Yes.
Speaker 2: Channing Tatum is the prime example.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So apparently US women are drawn to these feminine features because they indicate you're warm, you're honest, and you've got long term caregiving potential. Oh that's what.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean for the guys in the past.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. It just big old boxhead.
Speaker 2: It does it feel like there's an attraction because it's a femine thing is to be more caring and supportive.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I think it is? I think there's a real transition from the bad boy. I think women are over there into and it's morphed into we want kindness.
Speaker 2: Okay, right there you go. There you go very interesting times.
Speaker 1: Where do you fit into the scheme of things?
Speaker 2: Don't know where I sit.
Speaker 3: You're a combination a combination of the two.
Speaker 1: You reckon the.
Speaker 2: Bad points, the bad points from both. I've just taken a little bit of this and a little bit of that put it together. Don't quite fit in anywhere. No appreciate that.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: You you are.
Speaker 1: You are quite masculine, like you've got some testosterone about you, but you've also got you quite fine in your features as well. I don't know where you see it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Don't ever ask me again. How where you seeing the scala?
Speaker 2: I tell you is old school, and that is real, blocky, big muscles, big blockheaded, two of them. That's Taylor Walker, Roly Philthorpe who wants to see my Friday nights.
Speaker 4: The rules are simple, about to hear six songs are from the same year they cancelected their song as a place.
Speaker 1: If they let it go, that song is gone.
Speaker 4: Now let's get into the bo Is that a ready to battle back to you and a.
Speaker 2: Good on you to produce? And I appreciate that. So it is eight apiece in this beautiful little battle that we call Battle of the Bangers where you get the chance to choose some music, isn't it? Oh my gosh, are you look at me like that. You're so aggressive.
Speaker 3: It's fun fun, don't be so sensitive.
Speaker 1: Firstly, all right, okay, random generator, tell us what year we're doing the ship?
Speaker 2: Two thousand and eight. Okay, good year for Jones.
Speaker 1: Solid?
Speaker 2: All right. So here's the deal. Six songs. First one in best dress. You don't even have to be dressed. You ready to go, Joe's here's the first one. What do we got? Oh? This takes me back to two thousand and eight in terms of the lyrics.
Speaker 3: You just start pulling your shirt up and rubbing your stomach.
Speaker 1: Then that's so weird.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get in the theme jokes.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't get creep, is all I would say.
Speaker 2: Well, too late, it's no for me. No Asher Classic all right. Next one, Solid, Yeah, it's probably known for me as well.
Speaker 3: Give me a second.
Speaker 2: It's good. I take it, all right. So that is Rihanna Disturbia. Yeah cool, Jody, you have selected. Now I've got four songs to choose from. Next one, this.
Speaker 1: Is the closest of it that come just swearing.
Speaker 2: This is like your if you still had my space, this would be your theme song, right.
Speaker 3: My funeral song for goodness sake.
Speaker 2: So we've got a flow rider Lo Yep versus Rihanna Disturbia. Okay, okay, what was two very different songs? Very different songs? All right, Ja's ready? This what I probably could have gone with.
Speaker 1: Cheesy.
Speaker 2: Good song. I wouldn't have won. Yes, I'm not even sure he sings it, never.
Speaker 3: Got It's the last good night I never heard of. And it was the last good night for them too, because they went on to do not much else.
Speaker 2: Last time they were relevant. All right, there we go. We're doing on J T dam and the last one. I'm happy with my selection, and I think you're happy with my selection. But just a recap. So I went with this, and you, Jody, my friend, went with this initial thoughts and feelings song.
Speaker 3: It's just not my all time favorite. Did you choose that to hurt.
Speaker 2: Myself a little bit? Yes? Well done, it's your soul hurt yep. Okay, good stuff. Please get voting right now. Winning song will be announced tomorrow and that will give us a clear leading start watching Ken Hinckley's press conferences because they are spice.
Speaker 1: You just get the sense that Kenny is sick and tired of being asked the same old questions.
Speaker 2: You get that sense too. I'm picking up that sense as well.
Speaker 1: Week in, week out. So yesterday morning he sat down with the press pack and he was asked about his future once again, and because the question came up, if it becomes mathematically impossible for the Power to make the finals, is that when he pulls the pen?
Speaker 2: Yes? So that was reported by Tom Morris from Chanel nine, who's the chief football reporter over there, that if it looked like and mathematically there's always a part of the season where you're like, we can't make finals. Yeah, there was a suggestion a report that Ken would pull the pin there and hand it over to Josh Carr. Yes, sit back and let's feel awkward together.
Speaker 9: Who why would you think I'd be any different than what I was at st W. So nothing's tracked, not from my point of who reported it. There's your question question, Well, you need to ask Tom if he's reported that, not me. Look, I'll be really strong on this. A lot of things get reported that are actually in factual.
Speaker 2: That's one of them. I Greg, you might step away, you'll continue through. I thought I just answered that.
Speaker 10: I'm just double check.
Speaker 2: You don't need to double check. You do not need to double check.
Speaker 9: My commitment was to fulfill my obligation through the rest of this year to give the club the best position it can possibly be in for the next twelve months after that, but not before then.
Speaker 2: There you go, I said it. Once I start again, spue.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've been in that position, haven't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's it feel like to be on the receiving end of a coach who's sitting there thinking, okay, d head, you just need to shut up now, but you've got to keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard. It's really hard because so are you there to ask a question, and particularly when you're asking a question about something which what they're saying is a false report, then yeah, you've got to ask it. So that's a bit of a tough situation to be in because it's actually not their news. It's not the opinion of one of the journals there that's throwing Kennickley. They're just trying to get to the bottom. First person, the best person to ask if it's about that person is the person themselves.
Speaker 3: They can make you feel small, though, can't You've had some good ones.
Speaker 2: You've had one from back in the day.
Speaker 1: Anyone back in the day should say what's wrong? Yeah, I don't care another anymore. Mark Williams may.
Speaker 2: Mark very very interesting one.
Speaker 1: And let me just throw in an added element here. I was the only woman in a room of about twenty footy male journalists, right, and so I was very new to the game. And it was back in the day when Stuart Due was injured. He was playing and he was coming back, and I said, what role will Stuart do play this week? I mean, you know you're going to manage him off the bench whatever? And he looked at me like I was the stupidest person on the planet, and he goes, same role he plays every week, and then turned his head away like, okay, next question.
Speaker 3: Someone who actually knows something about football hit me.
Speaker 1: I think he actually His media manager came and apologized afterwards, and then while she was apologizing, Mark walked up and he goes, oh, I'm sorry, I just didn't know who you were.
Speaker 2: Well, doesn't make a difference.
Speaker 1: Why does that matter? You can't you afford people respect.
Speaker 2: I've told you this one before as well. It was when I first started doing this sort of stuff and Hamish Hartlett was still playing. Yeah, and I was so nervous. I kind of know at that stage I kind of knew him as well. Yeah, I was a bit, but I'm more so I was nervous before the Allen journeys with it. Thank you what they were doing. And I said to him, Oh, my big game this weekend. You what are you expecting from the tigers? And he very beautifully politely said, oh, we got the Tigers in a few weeks, but bulldogs this weekend. I was like, oh god, I shrugged two foot six right now, let's check back in with Hayden Nelson from Sunrise channel seven and seven years like, Hayden, good morning to you matees. Now can you take us through it again? For those who were just tuning in for the first time, it's all happening in Salisbury.
Speaker 10: Yeah, really shocking incident here at the McDonald's in Salisbury last night was certainly shocking for customers and staff who were in the restaurant where this man, this forty four year old Parafield gardensman, allegedly stormed in, put a backpack down and said I've got a bomb inside the backpack or something along those lines, a bomb hoax. It turned out to be luckily, but Duff still had to evacuate the restaurant people who were inside at the time, and it's a pretty busy part of the world here at Saints were forced out while the police bomb response unit was brought in, so you can imagine what that looks like. They have those really heavy suits that are designed to withstand a blast, fearing that there was an actual explosive device in the backpack. Once they took it out and went through it, they realized that everything was okay, it was safe, there was nothing suspicious inside. But while this was going on, this forty four year old was spoken to by police, rested and he's now been charged with creating a false belief. So that is the charge that has given police grounds to refuse him bail overnight and he will face the Elizabeth Magistrates Court today.
Speaker 1: Creating a false belief. I've never heard that charge before.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's certainly a different charge. And I've been speaking to a few people here this morning and we know that South Australia as a state has probably some of the toughest penalties against people who threatened retail and fast food workers in the country. So while this may not have been a direct thread against them. And while that isn't a charge and there's only no allegation of that occurring potentially later down the line, that may well be something that authorities and prosecutors consider.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hayden, can you clear up whether it's true or not. That's the Carlton Football Club is in a danger of getting charged with creating a false belief for their work over the past twenty years.
Speaker 10: You were going to make a joke about the hamburger.
Speaker 2: You thought that was got your off guard. That was that was the that was the that was the.
Speaker 10: Yes, Curly, uh, I don't know, maybe your reporter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched the space mate.
Speaker 1: You should.
Speaker 2: Actually it's a little tip off for you, mate.
Speaker 1: Absolutely terrifying for customers there overnight there, Hayden, thank you so much for the update just before we let you go.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts on a filid of fish.
Speaker 2: For or against oh four Yeah, predictable, predictable. Appreciate your time, mate, We might check in again. Triple filler fish. There go hate nels from Sunrise