Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Now then wake wake.
Speaker 3: Jason Lawrence starting morning the right way be great.
Speaker 1: Is Jason Lauren Nogel one hundred. Well, good morning everybody working on a Wednesday. Good morning, Jason, Good morning Clint. We are Lauren less today? Poor things not well? So she is at home?
Speaker 2: Yes, get well, Lozzie. It is the luds, it's the lads. Hey, how did you sleep last night?
Speaker 1: Uh? I actually woke up in the same bed, which that's a bonus. It is like bed hopper. No, we got three young kids under eleven and today bed hoop. There's morning's early. I wake up and I'm like, we're I came in one of the kids beds on the second second floor. They must be in mind.
Speaker 2: They have big beds or are they just single beds? No, they've because when what age do they graduate to a double?
Speaker 1: This isn't like because where high rollers are, but they're in queen beds. Oh my no, hang on, hang on the what.
Speaker 2: Are the are you running a hotel now something? They got those lovely feather down pillow the three year olds on the single what even the three year old the three year olds just like I got a queen bed when I was twenty five.
Speaker 1: Are you still know.
Speaker 2: Jase?
Speaker 1: Are you still living in Yes? No, no, no, because they like they're the beds we passed down. So the eleven year your filthy mattress, We've got my stains on it, new mattress, topper and everything.
Speaker 2: That makes the world all right?
Speaker 1: How the priest come around and you know, dec in it. But yeah, like the eleven year old and the eight year old, what.
Speaker 4: Are you complaining about. There's plenty of room for you in there.
Speaker 1: The downside is that family can come and stay in this room. Yeah. I mean, you know, if we had the motor, if we had the racing car bed, the mother in law couldn't come up the fair enough.
Speaker 2: The queen, Yeah, yourself, I really have Okay, so you can end up anywhere.
Speaker 1: I can end up anywhere clean, anywhere.
Speaker 4: Your same up.
Speaker 1: You don't know you aside mass You know what I was thinking the other day, right, we're taking the show to gather around. Yes, whole family holiday. You can take a whole bunch of listeners. We're all on the plane together. Were staying queen bet No, I was going to say, you might meet the love of your life on this trip.
Speaker 4: What afl mascot or you never know.
Speaker 1: So I went home with the magpie as long as it's not the Carlton mascot. You know, she freaks me.
Speaker 4: Out, telling me by the way, Yeah, just on the mask thing.
Speaker 1: You know how last week we're looking at the the thing that they've borne down in Tazi, the Tasmanian mascot.
Speaker 4: Did you see it where it poops the football? Oh no, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So it eats the football, so it looks like someone's gone down the spotlight and dropped a couple of hundred bucks and done like a giant paper mache Tasmanian devil. Is it a devil?
Speaker 4: It's a devil?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it actually eats the football and then pops it out, peeps it out of the back.
Speaker 2: Square to god, they're cooked down the Speaking of mascots, did you see the Rabbit O's mascot who got done for pushing a child while in costume. The rabbit pushed a child and they had this whole big judiciary situation on the rabbit side where the rabbit I can't remember what the rabbit's name was.
Speaker 1: It's the way those kids treat those mascots. If I was in that thing made he worked at movie well, and you would have to dress up was one of the characters. And there's like really strict rules, like during summer you can only be in it for eleven minutes. And then even if all kids are lined up for photos, it's like, no, Daffy Duck's got to go. Otherwise Daffy Duck's gonna pass out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that licra is not good for the hot one.
Speaker 1: Hey. Look, we've got a big show coming up today. Yes, your chance to win? You wait to gather around. Oh do you see the news regarding the Geelong Cats mascot on the weekend?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Can you tell me about it?
Speaker 1: I will after Teddy swims. I've got vision to show you. You're gonna love This morning. Everyone, this is Nover. You've got jas, Lauren and Clint. Although we are minus Lauren this morning. Poor things not well at home, resting up. It's ending our best. Just before the song, we were talking about mascots. Yes, some of them freak me.
Speaker 4: Which one will?
Speaker 2: The New Tasmanian Devil which looks like it's made out of paper mash.
Speaker 1: A one of my boys have a fear of mascots. Oh, like, I know you can't take no, it's it's fine from a distance. But like we've we've been at the openings of things before, and you know how companies will have different mascots. Yeah, like, I don't think this is the one, but like Chemist Warehouse that have a giant pill come out.
Speaker 6: You have a giant for what I'm saying that, and it's the pill and say today Daddy will hello pill, Daddy.
Speaker 2: That's you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean like so, and then when they get close, he's like, no, dad, dad mascot, mascot. Anyway, the reason I'm bringing up this rattled.
Speaker 7: Me the Geelong Football Club. Yep, do you know about I know. Oh he's a bit different, isn't he.
Speaker 1: Cat Man cat Man Now I'm not a cat No, no, Catman. Cat Man Catman video was posted on the weekend hang on Catman's.
Speaker 8: Got Stalled cat episode.
Speaker 9: Cat Catman got himself some new fangs.
Speaker 2: So apparently cat Man on yep, sorry, he's getting his actual He's getting actual cat fang.
Speaker 4: Installed permanently. I hadn't seen Catman before without the cat business.
Speaker 1: Brady executive producer is just saying that apparently he eats cat food at the games. Is that true?
Speaker 2: He does?
Speaker 1: He eats whiskers cat food.
Speaker 4: I have seen it.
Speaker 8: He's eaten whiskers cat food.
Speaker 1: Who's the port mascot? You're a big port boy.
Speaker 2: We've got the lightning bolt.
Speaker 1: I think I'd rather the chemist warehouse pill.
Speaker 2: Hang on, just want to I just want to clear this up. So he's gone, and he's and he's done a sponsored post. Cat Man's done a sponsored post. And a dental group down Geelong Way has decided to install catlike teeth into the gob and their catch line is your dentist for every smile.
Speaker 1: Oh jay, I know that really rattled me.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, gracious me.
Speaker 1: Have we got the right mascots in the list?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think we do.
Speaker 4: I think we do.
Speaker 2: Buy and large. I mean, well, this fellow. They've got a couple of Flash Flash and Daisy. Yeah, a couple of little demons. Yeah, cat, cat man cat I most words, So what does he when he's out of the cat paraphernalia and he's chowing down on his chicken parma?
Speaker 1: Is enough and force you'd be like stee b you catmn No, you've got fangs? Are you sure? Troy Troy don't reveal his real names. Batman, I'm sorry, made of mine? You stepped to it's after school job. Was just dressed up as a giant. I think it was like a bird or pelican, and he used to have to stand outside like pizza shops and waved the waves.
Speaker 10: Today, honk your home, Yeah, honk your six dollar pizza. Tell me more about the chemistquare House pill. I don't know it was an example. It's just on eleven past six. Sell the calm your chances when you aded Teddy swims and cash to go. We're doing a thanks mates. She already express Oh the swanees.
Speaker 2: Chase's played that, because yesterday I toddled out to Glenn Ferry Oval, which.
Speaker 4: Is the spiritual home of the Hawks.
Speaker 2: It's actually hard to believe that the Hawthorne Footay Club played their games there for many men years up until went up until I want to say, like the early or sorry, late eightiesh But it looks like just a park Jays. It's it's well, there's one grand stand, but it's a bit decrepit. But they used to cramp twenty odd thousand people there.
Speaker 1: Sometimes those games are better though, because you're right on the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Well he retired a Swan's legend, but before that he won flags with the Hawks. I speak of Buddy Franklin. Now, yesterday was a special moment for Buddy because it was three years.
Speaker 4: Since this moment.
Speaker 11: His accuracy was never in doubt as the raw from the stands shook the SCG as fans surrounded the Swan's champion, savoring a moment in Australian sporting history. Well, Franklin's wife and daughter cheered from the stands. One woman even scattered her NaN's ashes on the hallowed turf.
Speaker 2: That was, of course, his one thousandth goal in l probably where I was, what about that? How wild at the SCG scattering your NaN's ashes?
Speaker 1: Buddy didn't.
Speaker 4: Buddy was?
Speaker 2: There were high fives or hugs. There was a couple of players actually had to exit via an ambulance race and walk around the outside of the ground to get back into the.
Speaker 1: They were arguing with security, I've done have a ticket, I'm in the outfit were playing I'm in the Boots. I remember I was at my mate Instant's house and it was just up the road and Lou my wife was like, can you hurry up and come home? And I said, I'll be home at the end of the game. And then that happened and it took him about half an hour to get everyone the field, and I was like, well there was an extra thirty minutes. I'm allowed out.
Speaker 2: There were people picnicking, crazy scene. So it's hard to believe that was three years since that moment. Well, yesterday Buddy sort of re emerged. He's back in a footy sense because he's now the ambassador for what they're labeling as Superkick. Now, Superkick is effectively OZ Kick for older kids from nine to twelve, so they're trying to establish oz Kick as being for the little kids and then Superkick being for the bigger little kids.
Speaker 1: If you get my drift at the moment, what are they pretty much go from I was Kick to a club.
Speaker 2: It's just been badged OZ kick all the way along.
Speaker 1: But no, I was trying to I was going to get the boys into O was Kick. And then when you fill out the registration form, it's like how much of a into it parent do you want to be? And then there's a big drive and it's like volunteer you should be golumpire, You've got to scroll so far down just to be just want to be a parent?
Speaker 2: What about canteen operator or anyway, Buddy was out and about now it's been he's sort of not I don't want to say reclusive, but he's he's chosen to obviously be the family man that he didn't get as much opportunity to be when he was playing. So he's sort of well, he's just been spending time with Center with Rockies, little Boy and Talula. But he re emerged yesterday and and my interaction with him was something that I'll remember forever because he was he had this beautiful aura about him.
Speaker 4: He was so relaxed, he was so happy.
Speaker 1: Had you had the chance to meet him before, Yeah, yeah, I'd.
Speaker 2: Met him a couple of times, but this is Buddy Franklin. He just he just seemed really happy, which made me happy.
Speaker 12: I remember coming down here as a skinny, seven eighty year old kid, and then now coming back over twenty years later definitely brings back some special memories. I still love having a kick, obviously with my little boy and my little girl. Just having that connection with him, I think there's nothing better.
Speaker 4: I like buddy, I do too.
Speaker 2: And this this now he's now he's now a dad, you know, and he's loving it, which which I just love as well.
Speaker 1: Did he go through a bit of a dark I know he had some depression issues and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I remember a little bit of time away from the game. At one stage he blown out, no, no, no, He's like he's bigg as than his He's got a big presence, he's got an amazing and when he shakes your hand, it's one of the big one of the biggest hands I've ever sure to be honest.
Speaker 1: Terrible with a hanch. Why I just I forget that that's my chance to And then you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to Mark Latham him, no, no, no, no no that when Mark Latham swung Johnny Howard around.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any fear of me, Mark Latham, Buddy Franklin.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's good to see your back, buddy. And as I say, superkick ambassador, sign your kids up.
Speaker 4: Getting up and the parents for it is.
Speaker 1: It's just gone twenty five past six morning, Melbourne. Gracie Abrams, that's so true. You are listening to Noble one hundred. You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint in This Morning. Laws is off, she's not well, she's at home wresting. She always goes a bit hard on Budget Night.
Speaker 2: Oh she loves budget loves Budget Night. Hay the good news. Is there something in that budget? I reckon for almost everybody.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 4: Yes, question, I didn't watch it. It wasn't my question. I was going to set an alarm.
Speaker 1: Were watching.
Speaker 4: I love Budget Night?
Speaker 1: Of course you do.
Speaker 2: Go ahead now Chris Color from the nine newsroom is going to do.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit later because you know, when we hear like, oh, we're going to get five hundred back and we're going to save money. Here is it money we have to apply for?
Speaker 2: Well, I dare say that you're probably in the wrong threshold.
Speaker 1: I'm just I feel like I own a bunch of franchises. When it comes to child care. They take so much from Oh yeah, but you know what I mean. We will come through in the tax return. Basically they adjust your tax return accordingly your tax rate, so you basically you're not seeing that money. It's nothing exactly, It's more you'll save that money as a bitstick getting it. Oh, will hold my questions for the financial life.
Speaker 2: You probably should coming. There'll be energy bill relief as well. I'm pleased to say, seventh morning.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, earlier in the.
Speaker 2: Show, Jase, you shocked me. You you rattled me to my core because we were talking about your kids and not. It started out as how they sleep, but then it graduated to where they sleep.
Speaker 1: I wake up and I'm like, where where I came home? In one of the kids' beds. They must be more.
Speaker 4: Do they have big beds or are they just single beds?
Speaker 2: No, they've because when what age do they graduate to a double This isn't like because.
Speaker 1: Where high rollers are, but they're in queen beds. Oh my no, hang on, hang on the three year old on the sing.
Speaker 4: What even the three year old? The three year old's just like I got a queen bed when I was twenty five.
Speaker 1: I just want to clarify.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, it's like a hotel, you know in the Crown Towel.
Speaker 1: They're hand me down beds. So like one of them is in like my original queen bed, the other ones.
Speaker 4: In how original was like? Because what you did the business in it before?
Speaker 1: And I got together and then my wife had a queen bed, So I guess, yeah, whoever I did the business in mind, whoever she did the business in.
Speaker 4: Jeez, you don't want those mattresses to talk to.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you put you put your kids in the queen beds that you both sail.
Speaker 1: Just put a mattress topper on it.
Speaker 4: That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: How we were you when you got a queen bed? Because you know, there's the there's the single, but then there's the well, mom and dad told me king single, there's the king single.
Speaker 2: Mom and dad said, I think I was about sixteen maybe, and they said, if you want a queen bed, you're gonna have to buy one.
Speaker 1: What about a double? Queen's quite a jump for a sixteen year old from a single to a queen. Well, the doubles just a bit small, isn't it? It really is.
Speaker 4: I think I was in a single until I moved out, which was like, how.
Speaker 1: Were you when you moved out?
Speaker 2: I'll moved to Bendigo to to be a cadet journalist. I was eighteen, okay, right, and that's that's when I bought.
Speaker 4: One hand on heart?
Speaker 1: Did you do the fantastic furniture? Thousand dollars package where a kitchen take Mattress's glore thousand dollars? Can I deck my house out?
Speaker 4: How old were you I?
Speaker 1: I remember getting a queen bed when I was like fifteen, but it was a hand me down from my sisters. And that was a hand me down from my parents.
Speaker 4: Oh that's just what are they doing?
Speaker 2: That's disgusting they I love sleeping in other people's juices?
Speaker 1: Can I asked? Can I ask the team? Brody Executive produced? How were you when you were out of a single?
Speaker 13: I was about nineteen when I progressed time. One of my friends, Fat Ben was in a single in a sharehouse and he was like, twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a hard can't be doing that.
Speaker 4: Even when you go to a hotel and you cop the single, Oh you know what I had the other day? Poke out the end.
Speaker 1: I was in there when we went to Brisbane for the night. It was the middle of the night and I started tossing and turning in the middle of It was just me up there and I was in like a queen bed. But I started to roll in the middle and the bed start giving away. It was two singles pushed together and it was like I was coming the crack, get me out thirteen twenty four to ten. Can we find the oldest person in a single bed?
Speaker 4: Yes, well there's going to be.
Speaker 2: There'd be.
Speaker 1: Apprentise is on the job site? Yeah yeah, How old are you? And are you still in a single bed?
Speaker 4: There's no shame in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah there is not by all means, job someone in as well. If you've got an apprentice on the job site this morning, Ay Barry, you're forty, you're still in a single bed.
Speaker 2: What about if you're a mum? Shame your son or daughter?
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. In return, we had a lot of free stuff to go. Howbout two hundred dollars Cogan vouchers cogin dot com helps you get what you want for less now that is clicking, or.
Speaker 2: You can use the Cogan voucher to buy yourself a double or quick Good's a great system. What do you think is the appropriate age? So it's time to step up and move on.
Speaker 4: We'll certainly not ten like your kids.
Speaker 1: I would love a twenty five year old still in a racing carpet.
Speaker 4: A single bunks My feet keep hitting the spoiler.
Speaker 1: Twenty four ten, How old are you and he is still in a single bed and we are talking big people in small.
Speaker 2: Beds on thirteen twenty four to ten, Jason, This all stems from the fact that you declared that your children, children, pint sized children, are in queen beds.
Speaker 1: Again, they're hand me downs. Nothing annoys me more than getting on a plane. Yeah, and you have to walk through the business class area to get to your seat right down the back. And then some rich pude got their kid sitting in a business class seat and I'm look at your little legs in that giant seat holding a glass of champagne. Meanwhile, I'm looking for twenty nine if.
Speaker 2: Okay, thirteen twenty four ten to join the show. How old are you and are you still in a single bed?
Speaker 1: I just got a text from a maid of mine instant. Eh, he's a trading Is he a single bed?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, he said. I was at a customer's house last week. She would have been in her forties and only had a single bed. Page in Hastings. Tell us about your friend.
Speaker 14: This about five years ago. Ye, we're all his place for I think it was a pool party and he was twenty seven and we're all talking and something about beds came up and his dad pipes up and says, mate, you can't talk. You're twenty seven years old and you're in a race car bed.
Speaker 13: Ah.
Speaker 2: There, it is a race car and it was legit.
Speaker 15: It was legit.
Speaker 14: We all went and had a gig and it was.
Speaker 15: It's still a sticker page.
Speaker 1: Can I ask if you if you're out the club one night, new nice gentlemen went back to he had a racing car bed. Would you do a yui and leve? Or would you stay?
Speaker 14: I would not stay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Probably would for the thrill of it, wouldn't you?
Speaker 1: Alex in Dulama, Right, Dulam, what's your story?
Speaker 14: I've got four I've got four brothers and we're all sleeping single.
Speaker 4: Beds and wind up next to each other.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we got three in one room and two in the other.
Speaker 16: And at night times, if someone's fast, it's on.
Speaker 1: That tunds like the backpackers. Are you all still at home? Yeah?
Speaker 14: Also, and we're all six foot plus so.
Speaker 2: Your feet hang off the king single. Sure, that's so much roomy.
Speaker 1: Anyone, it's time to grow up. Any plans for you boys to move out?
Speaker 4: I'll move it out soon in a couple of months.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take your single bed with you, maybe for a spare room, just in case.
Speaker 4: You have any of you had guests back. No, you can't, it's impossible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's trying to take airline toilets. I don't know how that that what's done? Well, well people have you know my high there's not.
Speaker 4: A lot of room to movies? Absolutely not, Julia, good morning.
Speaker 2: Set the sign for us? Who is it?
Speaker 4: Is it you or someone else?
Speaker 14: So it's my brother, my thirty eight year old brother.
Speaker 15: In his bed that he got when he was out of the cot, and it's got the Teddy Bear engraved in.
Speaker 2: The bed head.
Speaker 1: Has he got this in his house or is he still at home?
Speaker 15: No, he still lives at home with some and dad.
Speaker 1: He's thirty eight.
Speaker 17: Yeah, mummy's boy.
Speaker 1: Is he Does he have a partners?
Speaker 4: He single?
Speaker 14: No, so he did have a partner for two years and and yeah, I'm told and broke up.
Speaker 1: Well, she couldn't sleep over, there was no room.
Speaker 14: That's lay from the from the bed. Sorry put him part ways from the bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, he picked the bed over the girl.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's bad and wrong. That's you know what see you like?
Speaker 1: See that worries me because I've got three boys, and I hear that and I go, oh no. I thought when they hit eighteen, I get my life back and I go on the ships. That worries me.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight Why does that worry? Your boys are in queen beds the living.
Speaker 1: It's a good boy. They got one leg out the door ready. They are a crowdowers. I'll tell you what, Juliet. We're going to buy your brother a double bed because we think it's time for him to step up and move out. Kill me both. I want to be clear. We're not getting in his own unit or anything like that.
Speaker 2: We're just get in the bed. But he has to buy his own Manchester.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, he has to go down. It's Manchester.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I remember when lou and I first got together. We've been together for like twenty years now, and she came over and she's like, yeah, we're going sheet shopping tomorrow. I remember dragging me off to what's the fancy sheets? Sheridan, Yes, And I'm like, you want me to spend what on a pillow case?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I can go that funny little top sheet.
Speaker 1: I don't do. I'm a fitted sheep and I'm good to go. Wow, good mon and Albourne. Just go on seven past seven. Hey, the old air Show is on in Geelong. Protest going on.
Speaker 4: Armors out there this morning.
Speaker 2: They gathered the protesters that is around seven o'clock, so around now and a big police presence. So if you're heading down that way, just allow extra time because I know the Princess Freeways, there's a few roadblocks.
Speaker 1: Have a stupid question regarding their show. Can you just not buy a ticket and look up? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So just park somewhere close. Yeah, and look there's a whole lot of like you can go inside plane. Yeah okay, right, yeah, yeah yeah, buy little models and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Right you needed by the model. Hey, speaking of police, coming up this hour on the show, we are going to be braving the Popo. We've got our friendly police officer, Cheesy in the house.
Speaker 4: He's very cheeky.
Speaker 1: I love him. You can ask whatever you want. In fact, you can register now thirteen twenty fourteen if you have a question for the police.
Speaker 4: Though, listen, sorry, I want.
Speaker 1: To know what the percentage is when it comes to the speeding window, you know what I mean? So like in a sixty zone, if you're doing like sixty two, yeah, do they bust you? I thought it was like I thought it was ten percent. Oh that's a lot, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I think I always I always think if you're doing one hundred and it's one hundred and three, I think that's about right, isn't it.
Speaker 1: But that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: You probably should just stay under absolutely of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course Cheesy's advice exactly.
Speaker 1: So he's joining us after seven thirty this morning. You'll notice we are Minus the laws. The poor thing is resting up big, big night celebrating the budget.
Speaker 4: Yes, wasn't it exciting?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I didn't really get it, So we're going to get an expert to explain it to and he's big on Instagram. My friend Chris Kohl is going to join us. Very handsome as well for a finance guy. Is that why he's big on the gram?
Speaker 2: I think so right.
Speaker 1: We're going to break down the budget, make it nice and easy, tell us how much we're getting. We'll find out next. There's Jason Lauren Clint here as well, where Minus lows today. Poor thing is off. You are listening to Nova as we do thanks to Shell Ready Express and still to come this morning. You're listening out for the horn. I've got the power, the sole power rest with me, Jason. At some point Clint will blast the footy horn when he does. Give us a ring, and you guarantee a spot on our flight to gather around. We're doing a family trip. Flights are calm, the games. We're all going together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jase's in charge of the hospitality. I want to talk about the budget, the federal budget. We've got to get excited about it. Jace.
Speaker 4: Are you excited?
Speaker 1: Not really? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: There's a lot in it for you. Luckily, I've got someone standing by who can explain it all, and he does it very well on his Instagram.
Speaker 4: Have you sent his Instagram?
Speaker 2: Yes, five hundred and thirteen thousand followers.
Speaker 1: What about that? Not bad?
Speaker 2: Chris Coola joins, it's my colleague and nine News finance editor. Good morning to you, Chris.
Speaker 1: Morning guys, there you going, We're good. How had you been sore to celebrate last night? Budget night for a finance guy to be big?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 8: Famously, the nerds kind of let their hair down. After the budget is wrapped up, you work till about ten and then a couple of beers. But no, I think it was pretty tame. Everyone behave.
Speaker 4: Does the treasurer let his hair down?
Speaker 8: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, you don't want to be caught smoking to the guards or anything like that anymore.
Speaker 2: After the car out, did he post budget like I've done it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm done to the man.
Speaker 2: I am the big, big money man.
Speaker 1: He sort of looked like the monopoly man as well. Hey, Chris, break it down for us, Like a lot of the time, we hear we're going to save here, and we're going to we're going to get more money back in our pocket here and there. Is it money this year we're going to have to apply for or is it more just going to affect our tax returns in a year's time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's certainly the show piece of this one, Jason. I mean, the whole kind of secret with this budget was these new tax cuts that we're going to be getting. Now, when people hear about tax cus, they want to know when they want to know how much. Unfortunately, the news on those fronts, he's not that great we're talking about him being phased in from mid next year, and once it's all fully up and running, we're talking about twenty dollars a month for the average earner. So while it sounds pretty good when you stay at is you know, five hundred and thirty six dollars in your back pocket next year or the year after, I think for most people it's going to be just a little bit of help.
Speaker 4: To keep it in mind. We've just had a tax cut, have we not.
Speaker 8: Yes, we have, and the federal government's very keen to talk to you about the Stage three tax cuts that were coming in. They were implemented in first place from the Coalition and they just sort of rolled on through, so people have been saving money. This was a bit of a sweetener. This is an election budget, this sort of a do no harm budget, right, Yeah, So look, the tax cuts are a big one. The other thing they really wanted to talk about was non compete clauses, which is something that we hadn't really been thinking that much about, but it turns out apparently people like hairdressers, hospitality staff and tradees three million Australians have had these clauses in their contract that stopped them looking for better paychecks at a competitor. Government wants to make that completely illegal. So that was another thing we weren't really expecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, just.
Speaker 4: Back on the if it applies to radio non compete, cause.
Speaker 1: We're not leaving. We're happy where we are. We ain't leaving. We ain't leaving. We're not coming through that. Again, you mentioned how we were. I really see this till mid next year, right, and correctly if I'm wrong? Does that mean they could come out this time, say if Albo gets voted back in, right, they could come out next year in the budget and totally change what they're promising again, couldn't they? So what they're actually telling us we're going to get now we may never see.
Speaker 8: Look, they will stick by this. The coalition, on the other hand, says that they're not going to do this tax cut. So it's very much a vote for us and you get you.
Speaker 1: Know, because they get a reply, They get a budget reply, don't they.
Speaker 8: That's right? So Angus Taylor is going to be handing that out pretty soon. He came out very hard last night saying that this is a terrible budget. Of course you'd expect him to say that, but Interestingly, he said, we're not going to match these tax cuts, which is a bit of an odd move, some would say, in.
Speaker 4: The least in their back pocket, you would think.
Speaker 8: So we haven't heard any detail on that, but he says that this is not enough. I mean, the big thing for the federal government is that they don't want to get in the way of interest rate cuts. We've got potentially up to three more rate cuts coming before the end of the year. I mean, that could be worth two hundred and seventy dollars a month. The last thing the government wants to do is spark if and kick the whole thing off again.
Speaker 1: Hey Chris, what about power bills?
Speaker 8: Yep, there's going to be some energy rebates. They're going to roll that out further. That means another one hundred and fifty dollars off your power bill this year, and they're going to keep that rolling. That's going to be helpful for households and small businesses. So certainly that's a big part of it. Bulk billing incentives was another one that's being boosted. So more free trips to the doctor.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we're trying to find it. Sorry to cut you off for trying to find a doctor of bulk bills though. That's the challenge.
Speaker 8: Well, that's the thing. So they're trying to broaden this so that more doctors will be incentivized to do it. The problem is you can't find anyone who got kills. That's think that the government's trying to address.
Speaker 1: What about childcare? Because I know, I mean in our little circle of friends, and to be honest, we're sort of at this point as well. My wife wants to go back to work and we'll work. We're working it all out, and we're like, sometimes it's actually not worth going back to work because the money you're pulling away in childcare.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're deliberately targeting that one too, Jason. They're saying, scindary workers should be able to go back to work and not dump all of their money into charge. Yes, so they're trying to boost that subsidy and broaden it as well, which is already quite big. They're trying to make it sort of better. I suppose they're trying to sort of tweak it around the edges to make sure that it actually works and his stick for purpose. So that's another big one for sure.
Speaker 1: Because it's an issue that comes up. I mean, we've had three kids and we've we've jostled with this every time. And I know a lot of friends are in the same boat that, you know, like my wife for a mental health once you get out of the house and get back to work. But it's sometimes it's not worth it, you see there going what do we make fifty bucks at the end of the week. By the time we pay for it's crazy.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, the whole income goes. And then the problem is you spend time out of the workforce because you say it doesn't matter, and then by the time you've entered back in when the kids are a little bit older, you lose time in the workforce, you lose super It's not a good result. So the government's definitely trying.
Speaker 2: To Chris is in the trenches himself now a dad for a second time, just a few weeks back. Congratulations mate, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, you know I was in the lockup while they were going down last night. My wife, My wife was the one in the trenches, so she did very well to get everybody.
Speaker 2: Chris, you're you're old man, of course, a wise man. ABC Finance editor for many many years. Does he still Christmas at your Chris, who is following in his father's footsteps? Part was it? Was it what he was doing on the telly that inspired you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I grew up watching him. I mean I grew up watching which is a bit of a weird one. But look, yeah, he's done a lot of budgets in his time. My goodness. He wrote for newspapers, you know, back when they were doing it on typewriters, so things have changed a little bit.
Speaker 1: But imagine playing monopoly at that family house. Don't buy park Laine. It's a bad investment. Christ You never swindled any cash from the bank. Oh god, no, absolutely, Chris. We appreciate your time this morning.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: We know it's busy, but thanks for breaking it down for us.
Speaker 8: Anytime.
Speaker 1: Chris Colin News on Instagram hit him up.
Speaker 4: He's very popular.
Speaker 1: He is very popular. A lot of mums and the burbs trying to save a bit of coin online. Let me tell you it is just gone to twenty past seven and we are talking bad boys. Tell you what thirteen twenty fourteen. If you're a lady out there in Melbourne who has a thing for bad boys or has had a thing, can you let her know what it is, Let us know what it is.
Speaker 4: As a clean skin, myself jas as far far departed from.
Speaker 2: The bad boys there.
Speaker 1: Would you like to think you're a bad boy or not?
Speaker 4: There's just nothing about me that's bad. I mean, what is it?
Speaker 1: I'm am I a bad.
Speaker 2: BOYE you absolutely know.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what if you join us on the air, I've got two hundred dollars and a condo vouchers up for grabs, pay less so you can play more this East thanks to Anaconda thirteen twenty four ten. What is it about bad boys that you like? Ladies? Give us a call.
Speaker 4: What you're going to do when they come for you?
Speaker 2: This is all off the back and married at first Sight, channel nine's big, big reality TV show. One of their alumni, Eden Harper, has been called out for spending a little bit too much time with this season's bad boy, a bloke by the name of Adrian. Now, Adrian has been a dating athena on the show, but he's just it's been a real chaotic relationship and he's just a bit of a you know what, He's a bit of a drop kick to be honest.
Speaker 1: See, I've always had this theory right, because I've got three older sisters, so I had a front row seat to watch the people they had dated.
Speaker 2: They would date clean skins. They're good girl.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, My theory is and by all means again, ladies, because.
Speaker 2: You were so intimidating, Wait till you meet my brother.
Speaker 1: He's three, because there's a huge age gap. My philosophy as girls like to hook up with a bad boy. But is that why we marry a good Yes, but settle down with the Yes. It explains my drought right now, exactly right, exactly. You're just waiting for them to go turn bad. No, no, she turned bad. No, you just got to hold out. You're the good guy. You're the guy that they will come to the scraps. Yes, when they're done, when they're finished having fun, they'll go. I need to settle down.
Speaker 4: What a time to be your life?
Speaker 1: I need I needs security.
Speaker 4: Do you know they come from the money?
Speaker 1: Do you like a bad girl?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: No, absolute cleint skin.
Speaker 1: Ex's in the past. Have you dated a couple of teachers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like nurses?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, you like to be looked after, yes, minus the outfit, Sarah, We've got We've got one good morning.
Speaker 1: Clint, so glad you ran because he knew.
Speaker 4: Sarah, you're not a nurse, are you?
Speaker 1: Clint likes to be looked at.
Speaker 2: It's okay, but you you are bad boys, Sarah.
Speaker 14: You reformed reforms bad by lover right.
Speaker 1: Okay? So is it like my philosophy? You like to party and hook up with bad boys, but you want to settle down with a good boy.
Speaker 17: I would the end is right.
Speaker 15: That started not really a part of you.
Speaker 14: I'll never have been.
Speaker 15: But it's more living life on the edge, you know, dangling from a cliff. You could fall, you could survive and have a interesting, wonderful story.
Speaker 1: What what is it about a bad boy?
Speaker 4: Is it a turn on?
Speaker 1: Or what is it? Or is it like is it tattoos? Is someone that's in trouble with the police? Is it you know how bad?
Speaker 5: It's a little bit more self sabotaged and you get down to the bottom of it all.
Speaker 1: You like to fix people?
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, so that's that's what.
Speaker 14: We come from formerly and now we've learned our lessons.
Speaker 1: That's the stage I went through when I was younger. Geez, I'd be attracted to bad girls because I think I'm going to try and help fix. Yeah, it's a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Good on your mother, Teresa much Uh so, Sarah, you say you're a form now yes, So did you meet a good boy, A.
Speaker 15: Very very good boy.
Speaker 4: That's boring?
Speaker 12: No, no, no, you.
Speaker 15: Just compared to the.
Speaker 13: Better.
Speaker 1: I dated a girl once. There's I never got my head around this. Right. I dated a girl once and I found out her ex boyfriend. Right, Yeah, it was Kobe Abutant. Now Kobe is one is like a bad boy. It's one of the bra boys. They're the Marubra surf gang. Right, They're they're real bad notorious. Yep, there was a documentary Russell Crowe voice on them like notorious bad boys. You google, Brodie, Can you google? Because I want to show I recond covered in tats. So this girl I was dating, right, and this is me like early twenties, good boy used to have a bird, Avery.
Speaker 2: How do you how do you a ginger bloke with a bird?
Speaker 1: Avery? Our sexy chubby ginger man with a bird Avery in the suburbs of Brisbane versus, how do you bra boy with tattoos? Oh?
Speaker 4: My goodness, Yeah, you ain't him. You ain't him.
Speaker 2: He's got like he's got one of those circular neck tattoos that go right across the chest.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: And he's got weeks The Home and Away Boys. Oh yeah, that's who it's based on, The bra Boys. Yeah, the Home and Away. Look at his chest, I know, God, look at the six pack. Closest thing I get to that is the ones I've got the fridge, the Stone and Water home.
Speaker 4: You get one through the drive, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh, jas so I was obviously the good boy after dating the bad boy. Yeah, everyone needs one. Yeah, it's just gone twenty eight to eight coming up. We're going to check you around to work time, saber traffic, and then we are probing the po pos. It's just Jason Klemper. We're joined by this man.
Speaker 2: I want, Jason is.
Speaker 8: Tell me what's you know?
Speaker 1: Every a couple of weeks we get members in from the Victorian Police. We love you guys, and we love this man. Superintendent Wayne Cheeseman, otherwise known as Cheesy. Are friendly or is it a cop morning Cheese?
Speaker 16: Good morning Jason?
Speaker 4: Very friendly, isn't he He is? He is unless you see him on the front line.
Speaker 1: Although I was just saying off the air cheesy. I feel like I could outrun you are no, no, no, no no no, I'm just you know, probably could.
Speaker 2: You say you're undercover fit? He is really undercovered.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like you'd sit in the chair and just try and get me with the taser.
Speaker 16: I'm probably lucky because I can see one of the young constables.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: Go get him cheese.
Speaker 2: Down Avalon Way today there is a big police presence because the Avalon Air Show officially kicks off. There's a whole lot of exhibitors there that are going to sort of elicit a bit of a response from a certain demographic when it comes to protest. How have police that have tackled that and prepared.
Speaker 16: For so we have an acceptance and everybody's got a right to protest. The police role in that is to make sure everybody is safe while that process is happening. So the people who are working there, the protesters, and the police were all safe. So we look at all the intelligence leading up and we planned accordingly. I won't go into the numbers we've got down there, but we've got efficient numbers down there that we are satisfied that, yes, there will be protests activity it's an emotional topic because it's offered an anti war type them, given them what's going on in the world today. But we're comfortable that we've got enough people down there, enough experience down there, that we'll be able to ensure that the protesters are separate to the general public coming in will facilitate enty and things like that, and everybody will be safe while the processes have their say.
Speaker 1: Do you find because I remember, I remember they were protesting Landforces South Melbourne. Yeah, a near Crown there when the big gathering is really Convention Center. And sometimes I feel for the people protesting because I sometimes, is there just a couple of bad eggs in the bunch? Do you know what I mean that treating cops bad? Like I said, I'm throwing bottle as the horses and stuff like that, and then it sort of takes the power away of what they're actually protesting for. What's do you find most of them are pretty well behaved.
Speaker 16: No, So I worked down there, so from the experience on that very first day, there are a lot of genuine people who just want to have their say, and so you get you know, mum and dad, grandmograun within that group, though there are professional protests agitators, that's exactly right, and they come often looking for a confrontation, so they're all together. So that very first day it got willing. The police went strong against the protest group, and then we found the next day that the numbers of the protest group were a lot less. And I think what happened is those general protesters said we don't want to be part of this, and they remove out of it. So we just had the core group being for the rest of the time.
Speaker 2: If you've got a question for Cheesey by the way and twenty four to ten about any aspect of Victoria police, can I just quickly.
Speaker 4: Just one more on avalon.
Speaker 2: If you've got mum's dads clearly planning to head down the Princess Highway, take their kids to have some fun to see it, what's your advice to them?
Speaker 4: Business as usual?
Speaker 16: I would say, still come. There is a police presidence here, We have traffic management plans. The organizers have got a really good plan in relation to getting people in and out. There won't be any problem. I encourage you to go go and see the planes. It's a great thing to watch some of the planes are amazing, So just go there and the police will ensure that you have a safe passage in and out and there won't be any problems.
Speaker 1: Great, all right, questions for Cheesy thirteen twenty four to ten. Nothing's off limits? Question? Is there a percentage when it comes to us getting done for speeding? Like for example, say if I'm in an eighty zone and I'm doing eighty four, would you get I think you're.
Speaker 4: Done eighty four in an eighty.
Speaker 16: So can I just I'll lead to your question, but we encourage people to stay within the spader, which is what I told him Cheese. So that is my message to all your listeners to stay with him because we've seen too many deaths on the road. Like it's if we were if we were looking at three hundred homicides a year, there'd be outraged. But unfortunately is a big problem with Victoria, and it's not just speed, it's distracted driving off and then another other reasons vulnerable road views, etc. So my message is clear, stick to under the speed limit or under. However, in answer to your question, there was a legislated variance of a couple of kilometers an hour, So if you're doing eighty two in an eighty zone. You're probably not going to get a ticket. But please, I ask you to say.
Speaker 1: Just follow up question. Because my mother in law there's a good chance of course she was driving. I'll die by the time we get to our destination because she drives so slow. Can you can you get busted for driving too slow?
Speaker 16: So we see that all the time, So I don't know if you can get busted for going too slow her up chet, but we might pull you over. Just say, you know, can you just increase it to fifty and a sixty?
Speaker 2: You know where it happens with the old You creep over just to touch without noticing it's in the tunnel because it's all down.
Speaker 1: In light, trying to keep up with the Yes, oh jeez, yeah. Can you guys get done in the police car?
Speaker 16: Oh no, definitely we can get done in the police right unless we're using it for policing purposes. We pay fies like everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And then do you cop a bit of no doubt you cop bit of heat at the police station that day when the phone comes in.
Speaker 16: Not really, but but we do, even even with the young the side that I shouldn't say young, the people who are on the vans, if they if they get done by camera and it's over side. All of those are reviewed internally and if there's no excuse, we would issue tickets to the members on the van if they've got no racal excuse for speeding.
Speaker 1: So imagine losing license and I've got to be the passenger of the vans and i can't drive the police fan.
Speaker 16: We try and put the safety of our own members at the forefront of our thinking as well.
Speaker 1: We're assessing those smart.
Speaker 4: Because I've got a made mine who wise jas that he's our cheesy.
Speaker 1: I've got a made of mine who's an ambo and I didn't know. But there's only certain percentages over the speed limit they can go when they're racing to an emergency.
Speaker 4: Depends on the lights and sirens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even that, there's only like certain percentages.
Speaker 16: So we have we have different classes of licenses depending on the training, and that's the same with us. If you've got a certain class, you can only go, you know, maximum twenty five over the speed limit, right, others can go higher. Lock the highway patrol cars gotcha are chasing, So there is some strong governance around that. In the way we can drive.
Speaker 1: Also, they get to drive the nice BMW's I've noticed they do. Yes, they do. You're in the trucks. Cheesy is in the house, our resident policeman. If you have any questions thirteen twenty four ten, will come back hit the vones next on nov.
Speaker 2: All right, our.
Speaker 1: Friendly police officer. Cheesy is in the house. We are doing probe the popo thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: This one is once there's one on hold that you're going to love?
Speaker 1: Is it the third line down? Yes, anything will be boiling. Anything you want to ask Cheesy that you want to know about the Victorian police, give us a ring. What's the most common question you get from people when they find out you're a you're a copper.
Speaker 16: The most common question really is around traffic and around the speed limit of getting tickets. Everyone everyone has a real interest in in you know, am I going to get a ticket for this? Mestics that well, I think if people For me, my experience is if people pull over and they apologetic, they don't realize they're respectful. You know, I'm really sorry, which is not that common that HeSE ays to be honest. Often we get the other way. Yeah, you know, like I've said before, I think you know a warning is can have just the desired effect. I think you know there's not many people now that when the police pull them over, speak to us respectfully.
Speaker 1: That's the honest truth day, which is sad, you know what I mean. Like when I was getting brought up, It's like, mate, you would you would not talk bad or look bad towards a compon.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm the grandson of a police sergeant, Jace. It's hard to believe what went wrong, went wildly off the off the road.
Speaker 1: Do you still ask is there any reason you were speeding?
Speaker 16: We asked for the reason.
Speaker 1: Of course. I've gotten out of a ticket twice. Once was lou was eight months pregnant and she was yelling at me because she wanted a Kitcat, and the cops pulled me over, and I'm like, he goes any reason? I'm like, yeah, my wife's yelling because she wants a kit Cat. She's eight months pregnant. The cop looked in and saw her belly and then looked up, went I had a kid two weeks ago, get her a Kitcat, drive slower. And then the other time was I was running late for an interview with Kevin Rudd when he was the Prime Minister, and the cops pulled me over and I'm actually running. I've got the interview at the PM around the corner. They obviously would have known the PM was in town and around the corner. I think they felt for me.
Speaker 2: Because I believe your name dropped Kevin Rudd to get out of a speeding ticket.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they felt for me. You've got to spend time with him. The least we can do is but it's like.
Speaker 16: It's like any interaction, really, any human interaction. If you the people are polite and carry you, didn't we get a better all?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 12: Do that?
Speaker 1: My mate Cheesey said, if I'm nice thirteen twenty four ten, Oh, what do you want to ask? The cops? So we are probe and the pope here on Nova you cause an X. It's my favorite segment. I have found that I wanted you. Jason Lawrence Robes Popo, tell me what's you know? We love the Victorian Police. We get different areas in every couple of weeks and everything you're wrong, you're wrong. We catch up with Superintendent Wayne Cheeseman. Cheesey is in the house. You're wrong, Cheese.
Speaker 2: I've been berating him for years and you're here to settle it for us.
Speaker 1: Hopefully I can sell it all right. So thirteen twenty four ten is our and I hope you're wrong. I think you dreaming thirteen twenty fourteen. If you have a question regarding the Victorian police, there is a debate Clinton and I've had for a long time because I'm outraged to find out that sometimes when the Prime Minister's coming in, you can't skip the red lights, like Albow said.
Speaker 2: So when I was in South Australia, we did a charity bike ride from Adelaide to Melbourne and as we got a police escort out of Adelaide in the early hours of Sunday morning, we had a policeman who was changing the lights for us, so we got a beautiful avenue of green lights as we eased.
Speaker 1: Our way out of town. Ask the question, Clint, true or false?
Speaker 4: Is there some sort of gadget or contraption that can change the flow of traffic lights?
Speaker 1: So you and your police car with like a special garage remote, please say yes, can beeper button and change the lights.
Speaker 16: We do have an ability to change the lights.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, hang on?
Speaker 2: Is it a button yet?
Speaker 1: Hang on? Or is it like you got a radio the tower? The tower's got a radio tower. You have the ability in the police car to change the lights.
Speaker 16: Well, we have traffic management plans so for dignitaries who need to get somewhere without being disturbed or disrupted, like the Prime minister, yep, we can facilitate the through road to the light. Or we have our own ability to access the control boxes from in the car. Well we used to, anyway, I think we still do. Whereas we can change the sequence of the lights.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you anyway.
Speaker 4: Would you like to say I'm sorry? Clips down away?
Speaker 1: Can I borrow the button? Ja, I apologize?
Speaker 2: Can you say I was wrong?
Speaker 1: I was wrong? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Get someone isolate for me. You will never hear that every again.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the phones. I want the button. I love you, Cheesy, Olivia, good morning, good morning. We're good. You're on the line with Cheesy. What's your question?
Speaker 15: So if you're in traffic, stay on the freeway and it's thanks. When you're doing ten k's an hour, is it illegal.
Speaker 17: To be doing your makeup?
Speaker 16: Olivia? I am I'm not one hundred percent sure. But my answer to that would be, if the car is moving while you're doing makeup, probably not a great idea because you're distracted from the driving. If you were stopped at a traffic light and you needed to just put a bit of blush on or lipstick or whatever, I think that would be perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: I was wondering, which make I don't.
Speaker 16: Believe it's I don't believe it's illegal if you if the car was had stopped, But I will. I will double check that and next time I come.
Speaker 2: On old clarify snacker at the at the lights.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's very common.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very common.
Speaker 1: Can you get done for eating? Will drive?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 1: Right? Even like a soup laki?
Speaker 16: I think a lot of people eat and had a can of coke.
Speaker 1: In the car.
Speaker 2: There's a story about a woman and she was on a current affair and she was eating a Magnum and they mistook the Magnum promo.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Kylie, Kylie, watch your question for cheesy.
Speaker 14: Oh, good morning.
Speaker 15: It's not really a question, it's more of a statement, we'll love you cheesy.
Speaker 16: WHOA.
Speaker 15: I my husband and my brother in the police force and I just wanted to say thank you for just talking so logically just about how police operate. I just feel like there is such negative think figure at the moment with police, and even when I have to talk about my husband and what he does for a job, I have to be really carefulss to who I'm talking to. I feel to say that he's in the police force because of that negativity. Just with the way that you talk and explain things. It's very much appreciated because they do such a good job and every time I go to work and you just don't know what they're going to deal with.
Speaker 16: Thank you, Thanks, Thanks so much, Kylie. I think you know, police are normal people as well, so it's it's it's really refreshing to hear that we have support out in the community. I think people see as often as a negative aspect of or attached to a negative aspect of society. You know, we're out there trying our best and in relation to just speaking normally. Probably like most people, I hate the police speak. I'm probably incorrect or improper a number of times, but I think it's really important to engage with the community in a normal thing.
Speaker 2: Can I just here's your chance like, how proud are you of those in your family who are police officers?
Speaker 15: Oh, you're probably hiding emotion in my voice. They're both so dedicated. Often I've got great kids. Often we miss out something because he's out there doing what needs to be done. Yeah, and it is scary, like some of the jobs that he goes through.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I can hear that emotion in your voice.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Yeah, well, ma, thank you for your call. That's very not you know, anytime I talk to someone, if they go, oh, you know, they're run him with this cop wire, you a bit of a nob towards them, like you know it, hats off to you, mate. I think it'll be a tough job to do in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 16: It's a tough job, but it's a really statisfying job. And to Kylie, I thank your husband and your son for their contribution as well. It's it's terrific and it's a great job. Tell him that it's always a great job.
Speaker 1: I think I'll just stick to hand out teddy swimsticks. Justin Bieber, I've got one more yep mark. Good morning, Good morning, legends, how are we we are good? Watch your question for cheesy?
Speaker 15: How do you core the cream jobs have been at like the Grand Final instead of being in cramp ban.
Speaker 1: You mean just like one of the cops stand around the edge of the g on Grand Final day.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I was there on Saturday for the escident alid game.
Speaker 1: I'm like, how cool that job at a patrolling on Melbourne Cup day until you've got to throw yourself on some nude streaker.
Speaker 16: It's it's often resourced locally depending on the venue. But in addition to that, we have a voluntary duties lease, so it's basically an overtime list that people can apply and then there's a selection from that list.
Speaker 1: So but are they getting paid to be there?
Speaker 4: Yes, they get your time, so that.
Speaker 16: It's a combination of both voluntary duties. People can ask to be rostered at these particular events and then resource locally is just part of their normal.
Speaker 2: Business as usual. Gee'z hohody back for mighty Blues. You many blues match? Sorry about that by the way, mate, so many blues matches recently.
Speaker 1: I went to Richmond, did you was it working or just viewing issue?
Speaker 16: My mate to predominantly Greek and we sat in the Greek and so we sat in the Richmond members and.
Speaker 2: I bet did you feel like are resting every.
Speaker 1: Cable to either Lotier. There's something see Unfortunately, Superintendent Orange Cheese majoining us on the air as part of our pride the Pope Cheesey. Good to see you, mate, We'll see in a couple of weeks. No, really, nice to see you both. Good morning Melbourne. Hey, we are minus lads this morning. It's just Clinton I but let's go to kill all downs.
Speaker 2: Carry Anne, good morning, Hello carry An.
Speaker 1: We are good. As Lauren would say, you are here to keep the boys in line this morning.
Speaker 2: You are the chosen one. What are you up to right now?
Speaker 16: Just driving to work?
Speaker 4: What do you do with yourself? Do you have kids? Yourself?
Speaker 2: I do have wool. That's a double wammy, isn't it early intervention? Looking after your own and others?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what. Just forgetting through, you can escape the ordinary at Tesla Kabloom Festival of Flowers. It's the ultimate family day out, open daily kids sixteen and under. A free you can get tickets from kabloom dot com dot you. I'll tell you what. I'm gonna hook out with two tickets A night's accommodation and a little wine too. How good is that? Just for calling through?
Speaker 2: But we want, but we want you, Kerry and to win some cash this morning. The big question I've got for you? Do you want to play for fifty dollars? An easy question, a medium question for five hundred, or a difficult question for five thousand?
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with some medium quick good call five hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: All right? How this works? Clint will ask the question. You will get three seconds to answer. You have to answer in that time to score the money. Are you ready to go? Yes?
Speaker 18: Thankfully?
Speaker 2: Okay, this question has a bit of a twist, so listen, listen hard for five hundred dollars, Kerry Anne who sings this song?
Speaker 1: You got it? Yeah, you won five hundred dollars. Thank you so much, Hey, cheeky, a little weekend away at Tessla Bloom Festival you enjoy. Thank you so much, guys, no dramasy.
Speaker 2: That's what a way to start your Wednesday, Carrier.
Speaker 1: I know it's great. I'm so excited. God in your meeting you can tell me mate, enjoy and have a great day. Thanks for playing, all right?
Speaker 18: Thanks?
Speaker 1: No worries still to come this morning, your chance to when you wait to gather around. We are doing a little family trip. You're listening out for the footy horn Jace. Also coming up next, I've got a confession. I've been talking to your wife and I've got something to reveal. And Melbourne, my words are colliding, Jace. You're a little nervous right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, before the break, I teased to Melbourne that I'd been speaking to your wife.
Speaker 1: Now, my wife knows you guys. Yeah, sometimes we go to social occasions together sometimes, but I feel like my worlds are colliding.
Speaker 2: Well, and you should feel nervous because in speaking to your wife, she revealed something to me which I found quite extraordinary.
Speaker 1: You've got audio here for me.
Speaker 2: I've got audio. How do you feel because this is like a bit of a role reversal. Usually it's you doing this to us.
Speaker 1: That's correct, Clyint.
Speaker 2: There's been a power shift and I love it. I love it, Jason. So I've got the audio. I'm happy for you to hear it.
Speaker 1: It's can you just tell me what area are we playing in here?
Speaker 4: Well, it's a big reveal. She's got something to tell you.
Speaker 18: So after being blindsided by Jason one too many times. I've told him I've got something coming. He doesn't know what it is, but he will know when it gets here. It is something that I'm very excited about, and I know the kids are going to be really excited about. But I'm not sure how Jason is going to feel about it. It will be arriving just in time for the East, a long weekend, and it is a.
Speaker 2: Good Okay, We've got a little good time.
Speaker 1: Have you heard what was unbeaped?
Speaker 10: Have I what?
Speaker 2: So you know?
Speaker 4: I know, Jace, just a couple of questions.
Speaker 2: What have you done to deserve this?
Speaker 1: By the way, Okay, so she says that you've been blindsiding it for a bit of context. A couple of weeks ago, I purchased the Ninja slushy machine.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask Loo for permission. She was out. I was at home with the three year old. I looked at Archie and said, Archie, I think I'm going to buy the Ninja slushy machine. Is it a bad financial decision?
Speaker 4: Well, he can only say yes or no.
Speaker 1: He didn't shut up a fights. I went and bought.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fine for me. What else have you but that permission?
Speaker 1: That day when she got home, I said, please, don't be mad. I bought the ninj just lushing machine. Lou looked at me and said, well, you can't be mad because I've ordered something and she's hung that over my head for the last two weeks.
Speaker 4: Have you got form here though? What else have you bought without her permission?
Speaker 1: During lockdown? I bought the boat?
Speaker 2: Well that I'll do it too.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind it was peak lockdown and fishing was classed as exercise, so I bought a tinny.
Speaker 2: So she boughted something or got something without your permission? Thirteen twenty four to ten. I want to ask Melbourne, what have you bought without your husband or wife's permission?
Speaker 1: There was the other week when something else. Lou went away to Sydney and I was in charge of the boys and my eight year old wanted to drop his life savings on a clawn machine, just reckless child.
Speaker 2: And Luke came home and.
Speaker 1: Was like, why is there a four arcade claw machine in our front living room? Not lights up? The kids call me the man chuck.
Speaker 2: You buddy are? This is like payback, This is payback for Lou.
Speaker 1: So you know what. I know what it is, and it's how do you think I'll react.
Speaker 4: I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I don't think well, I like it.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're going to be that excited.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not misses it? Well, she said, the kids are going to be excited.
Speaker 2: I don't want to reveal too much.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four to ten, Melbourne, What are you bought without your partner's permission? Is it something for the kids to stop talking?
Speaker 2: Is at the bottom of it?
Speaker 1: Next? Is it the Thermo mix? I really want to It's not a Thermo mix. Sorry. Is it something that will bring me joy?
Speaker 4: It'll bring a lot of people joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: You're so anxious. You've got no control.
Speaker 1: I don't like not knowing things. Surprise. Is it expensive?
Speaker 2: Jace?
Speaker 4: Because thirteen twenty four through.
Speaker 1: The bank statements and I can't see what can't you do?
Speaker 2: So it's forensic.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four to ten, What have you bought without permission? Morning? This is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jason and Lauren. We're doing a thanks to shell Ready Express we minus loads this morning. She is off for the day, Clint and I here and coming up. At some point Clint will blast the footy horn. When he does, you give us a ring and if you get through, you're on the well, you're not even on the stand by this, you're on the plane oing and you're coming with us to gather around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're mobilizing our own sort of cheer squad. I guess you could say, made up of various supporters from various clubs.
Speaker 1: We're doing a family holiday.
Speaker 10: We are.
Speaker 1: We've got some pies fans already locked in. I'm sitting next to them. I've got some hawkers as well, so wet covering flight a comraill stay at the same hotel. We're going to the game together. It's going to be a ripping weekend. So as soon as you hear that horn, get on the phone.
Speaker 4: I need some supporters from the Demon Brethren to join us.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten, we're asking what did you buy without your partner's permission? This is all born out that Jays is very anxious because I played some audio from Jason's beautiful wife Lou who revealed, well almost revealed what she has got without Jas knowing. It's set to arrive very shortly.
Speaker 4: What do you think it is?
Speaker 1: Checked the bank statements? And I can't check the bank. I can't say anything that she's purchased, So all I can.
Speaker 4: Say out that's how paranoid you are.
Speaker 2: You've been checking, You've been forensically checking the bank statements. Is there any any other little surprises you stumbled across?
Speaker 1: Does she checked them anyways? As well? The thing it's concerning me, I feel like it's going to be something where it's like we've been handed down from another family because I don't like I'm not going to give it away, but I just don't like crap around the house. And I feel like it's because you said it's something that the kids are going to like. It's going to be some much.
Speaker 4: Well, it's I think it's universally liked, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Well, I like it seteen twenty four times?
Speaker 4: What have you bought without permission?
Speaker 2: Heidi? Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 18: How are you going?
Speaker 13: And go?
Speaker 1: I was doing great hides, but now that I know that someone's trash is on the way to mind join, I'm not feeling great power hardy and he hates it. Hey, tell me what have you brought without someone's permission.
Speaker 17: I bought an antenna for our house to my husband and saying he could.
Speaker 1: What's the Gorne tree? Because the antenna we had wasn't great?
Speaker 17: And he I got in trouble because the walk that he is. He said, you could have gotten the cheaper.
Speaker 2: Did you use mister antennay?
Speaker 1: He wasn't happy. Whether he's clear signal. He was just gunned that he didn't get a good simple Thanks would be nice, Lenda and seafood. Good morning. Wants you buy without permission?
Speaker 5: Good morning, guys. I bought two and a half acres.
Speaker 1: I thought we'd get like some sort of property, Oakers. I don't know how big that is. How talk to me about big, like what do we square meters in? How your neighbors walls touched your wall? It's bigger than that, So talk me through.
Speaker 5: He was at golf on a Saturday, said him, right, correct, correct, And he's a builder, so I thought i'd give him something to do as opposed to playing.
Speaker 1: He could build a golf course on the two and a half, Bakers, So run me through it. Did you go out looking for land? We guys even talking about it.
Speaker 5: We'd always wanted to win a half acres, and this particular Saturday, i'd seen it, so I went and saw it. Saw the agent great, and then we met at my parents' house after his golf friend. I told him you better crack a beer and sit down because I've done something rash.
Speaker 1: How'd he take it?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 13: He was cool?
Speaker 2: Cool, What do you chuck on it?
Speaker 5: Well, he built a garage to start with, and we lived in the garage while he built the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the house because that's all they could afford at that point. She dropped all the money on the land.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Correct. I'm Linda Lydia from Fairfield. Good morning, Hi, Good morning guy. I'll point out so far it's all ladies.
Speaker 2: By how good is it?
Speaker 1: What have you purchased confession time without permission?
Speaker 17: Well, it wasn't me, but it was my husband. He bought a chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I see, I'm sorry. I think animals are a group discussion. Better not be rolling in a goat or anything like that. We better not be inheriting your reptile family. We're got a lizard. I'm not inheriting a dog. So a chicken.
Speaker 17: Yeah, he brought a chicken, brought it home on a train.
Speaker 1: In a box on a train.
Speaker 2: Yes, why what was his reasoning?
Speaker 17: He got the chicken from a mate at work, hand me down and hand me down chicken. He thought we want a chicken, which we didn't want a chicken, and his strategic came home just before the kids went to bed so they could see the chicken, and they named the chicken. And we had to get rid of the chicken because the chicken was attacking the kids and our dogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please tell me to send it to another home.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we are. We took it to another farm.
Speaker 4: Right, good, good because check the avenues open.
Speaker 2: Jeez cat from.
Speaker 1: Berwick, Hello, good morning guys.
Speaker 15: Love the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you cat. What if he bought without permission?
Speaker 9: I bought a house?
Speaker 12: This?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: So you're married?
Speaker 2: You married?
Speaker 1: This rattles me?
Speaker 18: Married?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 15: So hubby was at work on a Saturday. I was out doing house inspections. Didn't like a whole bunch of ones that I saw, but the very last one I loved it, So I bought it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So realizing all right? So he was he was aware you guys were in the property market, right, Yes, he was aware we were on the hunt, right okay? And and and how did the conversation go. When you told him, he was a.
Speaker 15: Little bit shocked, a little bit surprised, he was happy, a little bit of a question mark on whether I had made.
Speaker 2: The right call. But we had kat.
Speaker 4: I mean, when was the first time he saw it and did he like it?
Speaker 5: A week later?
Speaker 16: Yes, he did like it.
Speaker 15: Not sure that he's happy with the amount of gardening maintenance that's required. Overall, he loves the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, jeez, So there you go. So you got two and a half acres going to be out chicken. You can't blow up the contracts are signed.
Speaker 4: Maybe your contracts have been signed already as well.
Speaker 1: Jas, As long as it's not an animal. I've got three kids of lizard and a wife. I can't take anything else in that house, or it can have my room.
Speaker 4: Is there a pecking order? What are your treasure maze?
Speaker 1: I'm right down the bottom. That's the autom mate right across Melbourne. This is number one hundred. Good morning, you are on the air or with Jas alone, although we are minus loves this morning. Poor thing is off for the day. You got Clint and I a little bit of cloud around today. We are going for tops of twenty two and guys, we are heading to the footage can get it in on all.
Speaker 13: The twenty twenty five AFL gather round in South Australia have to offer.
Speaker 1: It's a festival of footy and South Australia.
Speaker 14: Is ready because we gather around to AFL.
Speaker 1: Jason Lawrence, ja, I want you tech me to gather. I want you teach me to gather. That's exactly what we're going to do. We are loaning up a plane full of over one hundred listeners for all meetings, real meeting at the airport. Oh, not the air airport.
Speaker 2: But the good news is the airport's going to take us to the promised Land, the promised land being Adelaide. But gather around the footy festival. It is the ultimate footy festival. We're already got some hawkers on the plane. We've got some a your brethren, we've got some calling with supporters on the plane. Whose should we put on the plane?
Speaker 1: Jacks, No, I'll just be happy with some more supporter. No, no, no, no, no, no, all right, let's go to the phone. Now we'll point out this isn't a you're on the standby list, is you're on the plane.
Speaker 4: This is a where you are going pack your bags for gather around.
Speaker 1: Nicky, Yeah, you're coming to gather around. Oh god, really yeah, really, you're on the plane with us. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Oh it's sold out the map.
Speaker 10: I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: This is actually money can't buy experience. Mate, the city sold out trying to get accommodation at the moment.
Speaker 14: I know Adelaide. I was there a couple of weeks ago when the French Festival was on and it was.
Speaker 1: I am so keen to go back.
Speaker 4: So, Nicky, here's a big question.
Speaker 2: Who do you pack for a doggie?
Speaker 1: We're going to mix bag we're gonna do who do you want to bring one of my.
Speaker 14: Best friends.
Speaker 12: World.
Speaker 14: There's a few wineries in there.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? Lauren hasn't stopped talking about the wineries. So you and Lauren can toddle off to the wineries and.
Speaker 1: Nicki and Lauren are going to be a bad combination.
Speaker 17: It sounds like the perfect combination to me.
Speaker 1: Ja, Nicky, am I putting you down for a window and aisle or a mid middle seat.
Speaker 14: I'm a window girl.
Speaker 4: I'm a window girl as well.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh you don't know how right that statement is Nikki, we will see you at the airport. No worries. We're all under Lauren's name. We're all getting into the lunge.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, can you imagine that?
Speaker 2: The awkwardness? How many?
Speaker 4: How many guests?
Speaker 2: Forty odd?
Speaker 1: Can you just swipe your Frequent Fly card again for us loves Nicki and her friends are hit Just yeah, you swipe again, all of us with our little midi bowls of soup. Oh yeah, pre loading before the flight.
Speaker 4: I like an airport lounge for the food. I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: Where do you sit on a neck pillow on a flight to Adelaide?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Fine, I can do what you'll do what makes you comfortable, Jays, the blanket's probably a bit much.
Speaker 1: If you're in front, don't even think about reclining that chair. It's a quick flight.
Speaker 2: We are heading to gather around.
Speaker 1: It's fast becoming my favorite weekend on the AFL calendar as well, so I get in on all the twenty twenty five AFL gather around in South Australian action. They've got a heat to offer. It's a festival of footy and South Australia is already visit gather around AFL and be listening tomorrow and next week because we're offloading a trip a day here on Novar. I'm off at the skate park later.
Speaker 4: No you why you're not? Please tell me your supervising children.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just going to go do a few OLiS and on.
Speaker 2: What what are you doing? Ollie's on?
Speaker 1: Don't I'm taking I'm taking arching my three year old to like, there's a big skate park there and so he what's he on it?
Speaker 4: Some sort of scooter?
Speaker 1: He's on like a little razors.
Speaker 4: What are you taking? You're walking?
Speaker 2: Actually, you are not anywhere near what do you call it a bowl?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's a bowl.
Speaker 4: You would look ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I'll be hanging with I'll just be chatting with the teenagers about getting air and whatever they do. Escape Loss has been off today. Clinton and I have been holding the fort. Big shout out to Lozzies. Hope she's doing okain hopefully back tomorrow on Nova.
Speaker 4: And now I've enjoyed today's show.
Speaker 1: It's been a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: It has been a lot of fun because every now and then you get proved. Right here we go and I just I feel seen, I feel heard, I feel validated because we were having an argument with our good friend Superintendent Cheeseman Cheese from the Victoria Police, who is a fantastic man. He's gone he's gone up in my estimations as well as you didn't believe that the police had a little contraption that changed the lights for VIPs for whoever. They can change them from green to red.
Speaker 1: You and I have had an argument for a number of years about a special button, and I didn't believe that the cops have the ability when they're inside the police change a sequence to change the sequence of traffic lights.
Speaker 4: Wayne, he told us they do. I was right, and you said I was wrong. Just played again for me.
Speaker 1: I was wrong. It's just like that in your reason I was wrong. That'll be the phone I was wrong.
Speaker 9: Thank you for me, and then get the button.
Speaker 1: I want the button.
Speaker 4: You can play that as much as you want though that little bit of audio.
Speaker 16: That is it.
Speaker 1: We are out of here. Have a great day, Melbourne.
Speaker 4: It it's sort of like you know what, it's the sort of weather where you get stuff done.
Speaker 1: No, it's the sort of weather we're chill on the couch, clean.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna get some stuff done.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Maybe a little massage in there as well.
Speaker 1: Mel Tresina is in next. You're gonna to Westfield to get a little.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, maybe have you done a float? I haven't done one.
Speaker 1: Reason you need to, but you've done one in the past, the soft floats where you lay there and you're just like, that's it's it's it's we It is weird because you're in darkness. You sleep, Yeah, I'm out to it. Yeah I am too, And then you wake up do you go to Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Itself is strange.
Speaker 1: There's so much salt in the water that if you get like a little scratch on your head and you got to scratch, then you get the salt in the eyes. It's real.
Speaker 4: It's meant to mimic being in the.
Speaker 1: Red Sea.
Speaker 2: You think about it when you're born.
Speaker 1: Them in the womb, that's what's like in the womb.
Speaker 4: Well apparently I can't remember.
Speaker 1: They play and they've got little stars on the world.
Speaker 2: That's what's like a shower up.
Speaker 1: Have a great day over on Mills. Tresina's in next or Cinema on No Bye Bye, Thank You.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren Lauren Wake up feeling good on No.
Speaker 13: One hundred Lauren I'm socials