Speaker 1: We've got getting morning every day, Adelaide, I know exactly what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: You're thinking it's Thursday, but it says fifty Fridays. But this is what the deal is. Because the Showdown is happening tonight. We thought that the Crows win. Well, Fitzy goes on a bender, get the Crows lose, or Fitty goes on a rager. So either way, I'm not going to see my Friday morning.
Speaker 3: No, exactly right, So why don't.
Speaker 4: We get the best of him right now?
Speaker 3: We haven't spoken to you for a couple of weeks. You're beautiful man, because you've been otherwise occupied.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, Jude's the Showdown. This is where I only played in one showdown, but this is where I stepped up. This is when you know the pressure was on Judes. I unfortunately was on the bench for three quarters of them, but I was urging the Crows to get over along the line against Port Adelaide, this is at a word of a lie. Everyone was on the bench for a majority of the game. Hazy came on in the last quarter. Go to Daryl Wakeland and win this game for as Fitzgerald took one Mark fifteen meters out. We were up by eight points. There would have been I reckon four minutes to go. So if I, if I hit this, they basically needed three goals to win.
Speaker 6: Fifteen meters out.
Speaker 5: Shanked a point, They take it down the other end, kick a goal, take it back to the middle, kick another goal, put it up.
Speaker 6: Think I was waving to.
Speaker 5: The crowd as I was coming off the ground as they were throwing half hands of beer at my head, and you know, I've got to give it Josha Shelley and an amazing effort.
Speaker 6: You know what. He put his hand up, He went on.
Speaker 5: He went on screen and said, you know what, I thought someone was coming behind me, and I pulled out of the contest. Now for a young man to do that and admit that he'd done that is an amazing effort. But if I did that, I would have had to do an interview every single week I play because I was pulling out a contest and left, right and center. I never believed in fifty to fifty balls. You know how they have to pull out a contest. Now, I would only go in if it was seventy thirty my way.
Speaker 2: How would you go fifty back in the day with Rocket Ad on a Monday morning, just showing the boys a bit of an example of what not to do in a marking situation.
Speaker 5: What people don't know is Rodney D would he would scream at you, and he would be five cinnameters away from your face. But the thing is he was a big fan of third sandwiches. His breath was the worst thing I've ever smelt in my life.
Speaker 6: And he is spitting all over you going tackle. All I want you to do is tackle?
Speaker 5: And I said, well, it actually smells like you've had tackling your mouth.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm in a therapy session at the moment. Do I lay down on the couch over here, guys, or.
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 3: See? If there was ever a man that was going to walk into the coach's office and leave some listerine on the desk, it would have been you.
Speaker 6: I should have done that.
Speaker 5: I should, yeah, But he wasn't even man enough to ring me to say that I was traded.
Speaker 6: I didn't hear from him.
Speaker 2: Coind of Rosie, is he going to play? Or is this absolute mind games? Absolutely no chance. When I hear the words nicked a hamstring. I don't know about you, hazy, but when you nick anything, especially in cricket, you're out.
Speaker 6: You're out, You're gone.
Speaker 5: You how they were talking three weeks and now he's going to be playing, so he can't he can't play, can he?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but he's one of those players though. This is where it does it because most situations go just rule him out. I'll say where here his inner out. He's that good that it probably would make a difference into the way that they genuinely set up.
Speaker 5: Jeez, it's a it's a big call though, if he if he had that little if there was a little bit of cramp there or a little bit of tightness, and you play him and he rips it in the first quarter.
Speaker 6: Oh you know what.
Speaker 5: And that's the best thing about the South Australian media. They'll go really easy on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Two words for you here in this situation late withdrawal right before the game. I bet you.
Speaker 5: Oh, actually that's not bad jokes. It's a good game plan. Play with their minds that great. I still think the Crows are going to win.
Speaker 3: So good to speak to you after a couple of weeks off. Welcome back, Welcome back to the fold, my love.
Speaker 6: No, it's so good to hear your voices.
Speaker 5: Guys, you go crows tonight we fly as one and I'll speak to you next week.
Speaker 2: See E's work.
Speaker 1: You're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 2: What's the news today?
Speaker 3: News that's like metallica? Is that a taste in your mouth after you go to the dentist? Mate, it's not.
Speaker 2: Oh, things have changed, Things really changed.
Speaker 3: Snooze news. This is what we do, so you're up to date on the top stories of the morning. Let's go to news reader Abbey first. Please, what's been happening.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I'm still trying to get over what Zoe just said and I don't think I can move past it.
Speaker 2: It's tough to process.
Speaker 9: If anyone's looking for a job. We've got a producer role coming out, all right.
Speaker 8: As we know, we were talking about the National Capital meeting yesterday to go through what we're going to do about this domestic violence issue across the country. So they all met yesterday, the state and territory leaders with the Prime Minister. A few things have come out of that, so essentially they're going to there's going to be a crackdown on fake or deep fake pornography websites. There's also going to be a crackdown on misogynistic content that gets posted online. They're going to look at things like age verification for youngsters. So over in Denmark, I think it was don't quote me on that they're using facial recognition, so every time you log on to your social media you've got to use your face to do so, and that's working quite well. Apparently there's a bit of a trial period happening there, so they're looking at all things like that. They're also doing things like if there's someone fleeing domestic violence, there's five thousand dollar payments.
Speaker 9: Now, obviously there's always going to be people who go.
Speaker 8: This isn't enough. Yeah, we know it's not enough. We know that everybody needs to do more in this space, but at least it's a good start and other than a Royal commission, that's it. And then here in South Australia they did rush through laws essentially where if somebody is out on bail for DV related offenses, they're going to need to have an ankle monitor and they won't be able to leave home unless it's for work or a doctor's appointment. It's got to be preapproved. So yeah, that's been rushed through. We'll see how that goes. That'll be implemented over the next sort of coming weeks and as quickly as possible. And the South Australian Police Commissioner Grant Stevens hasn't ruled out more changes to bail laws as well.
Speaker 3: We saw on the project the other night too there was a mother of a victim of domestic violence, her daughter was killed, and she very simply said, put a bracelet on these beasts, and so I'm really glad we've gone ahead and done that in this state.
Speaker 8: I also noticed the AFL have come out and said enough is enough, and they're this round dedicating this to gender base to violence and the victims of those. So they're all going to get together at the start of each game across the round this round, which is great. Haven't seen anything from the NRL yet. And I lived in Queensland for five years and I'd argue that it's a huge issue within within that within that space.
Speaker 9: So we'll see.
Speaker 8: But it's good to see these, you know, especially AFL kids.
Speaker 9: We love AFL.
Speaker 8: I mean, look at our show where AFL is so centric, so it's good to see these leagues stand up and actually want to get involved.
Speaker 3: There was a really interesting headline on but tow to Advocate, which we all follow on Instagram yesterday, and I was talking about the fact that oh, parents who are worried about their kids going missing between half an hour between school and home handover a mobile phone and basically you give them access to hardcore pornography for their very sensitive formative views every day as a teenager. And that was a really good point.
Speaker 2: Yep, well said apps. It's ongoing us Newsy so we head in a much different direction.
Speaker 6: What's you got for us?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to make light of this because people can identify however they like, and that's fine, as will make light of it.
Speaker 9: I identify as the micro work because.
Speaker 3: I eat everything.
Speaker 2: We'll fight, okay.
Speaker 3: So this is the headline in the TiSER this morning. A junior Saphoule police officer and I quote identifies as a cat, not.
Speaker 2: Much, just going to work.
Speaker 4: I work for the police.
Speaker 3: Yep. Only only when the cat's off duty though. So the officer who isn't being named was based at an Adelaide station earlier this year when their personal preference emerged. Colleagues, it's believed the person is in that late or the person or the pussy is in their late twenties.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think the de givre was when he was at the station and he was drinking milk from from a saucer and I was like, what's going on here? Oh the cab and.
Speaker 3: Then another one of the officers accidentally dropped like a ball of wool and it just got down on all fours and started chasing around the station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also got confused. He brought the cat vibes to work and gifted one of the other cops. So just a halfway en rat, I said, it's a gift from me to you, but it wasn't well received.
Speaker 9: Fine at you too, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to take the bell. And here we are.
Speaker 9: It's it's an interesting one.
Speaker 8: I mean, imagine your personal thing, the things that you do behind closed doors, making the front page of the paper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would be okay? Do we who wants to put in a gold of the dyser about Abby and her give mask?
Speaker 9: Don't start rumors.
Speaker 4: Now, Let's not be silly here, shall we?
Speaker 3: Move on you, Susie.
Speaker 2: Now straight up right now, Showdown fifty five. By the way, we've got some tickets to code work for you very very soon and gives code. We're back a little bit later on score some last minute tickets. Connor Rose is in. He got through yesterday. He trained, Yes that he got through. He's been clear to play, he's been named.
Speaker 3: I was speaking to our sports port last night and he said porter adamant that he's he's going to play. Yeah, I believe last minute withdrawal.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, that's head games to the top shelf. Yeah, we'll watch their space.
Speaker 3: Well that's what our boys said yesterday. Josh Shelley, he said that it's playing head games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is a little bit surprised.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the showdown tonight. One last, one, last thing on this story about the pussy cat in the Sapo BUKF. I don't want you to throw any stones because you identify as a horse.
Speaker 4: That is very true. On weekends and weekdays, it's a safe space.
Speaker 2: Do you wear socks to bed or not get involved? Send us a text full double O nine nine nine. That's a written text. Don't send us any pictures. Sleep me in socks helps to regulate your body temperature, which can lead to falling asleep faster, waking up less, and sleeping in later. This is according to research. It's actually good for it.
Speaker 4: And I know, I get it. It's not attractive.
Speaker 2: It's not attractive at all. So if you're trying to attract a partner or have a bit of a sexy time, maybe don't wear the socks, but put them on after.
Speaker 3: I'm my husband and I got caught having mummy daddy time and one of the kids walked, din't They wait, what's dad doing down there? And he goes, I'm just looking for my sock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got to keep those socks on. But goodness, say, don't you.
Speaker 3: Want your feet to breathe like my feet breathing.
Speaker 2: Probably, let's go around the room. First of all, Jo, what do you wear when you go to bed?
Speaker 3: I'm just normal standard pajamas, but running joke, we like to buy Daddy, as we call him in our house, novelty pajamas like the Kellogg's ones from Peter Alexander with all the characters on it. We're like, wear that just for our amusement.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are boring, aren't we.
Speaker 2: Produce? So you're a bit younger, So what's going on in your bedroom?
Speaker 10: N I used to always just sleep in like shorts and a T shirt. But now I'm a nude sleeper. Oh my, but I got better sleep than I ever have.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 10: Do you ever wake up in the night and you're like, oh god, my shorts are upper.
Speaker 9: Bum and you're sweaty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of that. It's just peri metopause exactly. Or there's foot in my mouth. Oh, that's right, that's my three year old.
Speaker 9: And if you wear a tank top, the girls are usually ones.
Speaker 2: Here and lot girls.
Speaker 3: The girls can find a way to wika tank top one hundred percent. It doesn't matter what design. If you wake up in the night, one of them.
Speaker 9: Has popped out, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: When I'm standing making breakfast in the mornings, once usually popped out.
Speaker 3: And that's here in the kitchen at nover, I have always been.
Speaker 9: I used to be a nude sleeper, but then move back in with my parents, so.
Speaker 8: So that has forced me to go and buy some pajamas, and I wear pajamas to bed in saying that though last night I stripped off I woke up and I was hot and wanted to be free, so yeap. But sometimes I usually do this thing where I jump into bed and I have socks on, but literally within two minutes I need the coolness on my feet and to be able to fill the sheet, so I have the socks come off within two minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh god, I'm gonna regret this was that me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We actually no, I'll go to bed in footy shorts. Yeah, because it's very, very comfortable.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, there's clearly something mental there about something football dreams not a loser.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the sad thing is you where the Sydney Swans one's from when you're a rookie and they are so damned tight.
Speaker 4: They're almost wiped at that face?
Speaker 3: Can I recommend that at some point over the week and you look in the mirror and you ask yourself that question, who are you?
Speaker 4: Who are you? Yes, who are you? Wipe where that is and just replan the next phase of your life.
Speaker 2: Is that what we're going to do, that's the next step.
Speaker 3: We can both do it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that has to happen after you go through a bit of a breakup, and a breakup in any situation can be tricky, and most majority of.
Speaker 4: Us go through a breakup at some stage.
Speaker 2: There's only a very very small percentage of people who meet their high school sweat and go straight through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how often does that pan out? Very rare?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then when it comes to possessions and things like that, things can get a little bit tricky, can't They use read.
Speaker 8: To abby just a tad and you know me always scouring the internet for the latest and greatest stories.
Speaker 4: They followed you.
Speaker 8: Sometimes I scoured the internet for boys as well, but none have been found since.
Speaker 9: Anyway, a man who gave his wife a kidney.
Speaker 8: Has demanded she return it or pay one point five million dollars as they go through divorce.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's the headline with all they're waiting for.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I saw this and went, what is going on?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 9: What is going on?
Speaker 8: As our boss says, And so I had a look, and basically, this guy cracks it because his wife needed to have a kidney transplant.
Speaker 9: He donated his or not donated. He gifted.
Speaker 8: So over in the States, if you give somebody an organ, you are gifting it. Because they're trying to stop people from selling organs. Obviously good plan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, great plan.
Speaker 8: So he obviously goes and says, Okay, my wife's dying, and I think this is going to get our marriage back on track. They're going through a bit of a rocky stage. She gets the new kidney, new lease of life and is like sea. And so then he decided, I want to divorce you, and I want I want either the kidney back or I want one.
Speaker 9: Point five million dollars give me my kidney back.
Speaker 8: And so I got thinking, what did you ask for back after the split on thirteen twenty four ten. I want to hear from people who have gone through a split and have had their partner trivial things.
Speaker 9: I had a guy a few months ago tell me that i'd.
Speaker 8: Left ten and moisturized around his house and he was like, you know you need to come and get this blah blah blah.
Speaker 9: And I was like, yeah, no, thanks, that's just.
Speaker 3: Employed to get you over there. One hundred percent, this kidney situation would never happen to me because I've got a duplicate. I've got three kidneys.
Speaker 4: What excuse me very much.
Speaker 9: We have never discussed this.
Speaker 3: We three kidneys?
Speaker 4: Have you got three kidneys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Hazy has three nipples. You have three kidneys.
Speaker 3: Wow, amazing, isn't it? And I didn't know until I was having an ultra sound for one of the babies and she's like, oh, that's interesting. You've got duplicate kidneys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: If any of you are ever in trouble, I've got a spare.
Speaker 4: Isn't that crazy news? Red Abbas.
Speaker 2: What we've just found out is that Jodiotti from her first marriage.
Speaker 4: Took a kidney.
Speaker 2: She's got an extra kidney, didn't need it, but threes better than two?
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 8: That explains a lot, to be honest. So I'm going to look up for kidney things.
Speaker 3: What it means.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you to a t well.
Speaker 3: We like to do things in you know, doubles or triples down in Tazzy, don't we.
Speaker 2: We certainly had two heads, three heads, two kidney, three kidneys, all those type of things.
Speaker 3: Just going back to this as well, though, I heard this incredible story and this happened right here in Adelaide of this couple and the wife won the woman won lotto, right, so she was a multi multi straight away. And then the guy she was dating said, hey, let's get married.
Speaker 4: Classic.
Speaker 3: And they got married and then like literally eight minutes after the vows is like, Ugh made the wrong decision. I want half your money. So that was like a heavy legal battle here in Adelaide, going No, I think they came to a settlement.
Speaker 2: They had to come to set so he got a lot of money, though didn't even.
Speaker 3: Though she Her argument was he was clearly just married me for my cash.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: I used to have a psychologist say to me, now, before you do anything, you know, blah blah blah, you need to make sure that you have a prenup before you get married.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I'm working radio. I've got nothing to my name.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but she was very adamant of Nope, you need to have a prenup because you're going to be successful.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, yeah, and you're down some some tan and some hairtops.
Speaker 8: And I've got two sausage stocks. Imagine splitting them. I can't go with dad, Tori, stay with mum.
Speaker 4: The network.
Speaker 2: Now, what did you ask for back after the split? Give us a call thirteen twenty four ten that it's just ridiculous. So I think technically you give someone like Aby said in the state's a kidney, it's a gift.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't ask for a gift back.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a money grab to me.
Speaker 2: Ooh, tricky situation, though, What did you ask for back after the relationship ended?
Speaker 3: Matt tell us what happened to you?
Speaker 13: Well, I have a girlfriend earlier stage or took a loan to buy a motorway for her. Was her birthday. I give it to her a couple of months after we broke up, and I messaged her and I said, look, I still have to pay the motorbile, so can you please give it back to me? She said no? So I know it was probably the good. You know, asking for the motibile was more paid for to pay the loan. What wasn't even used in the motorway.
Speaker 3: So let me ask let me ask you this question. Were you more heartbroken about the breakup of the relationship or losing the motorbike?
Speaker 13: I just had to say. Now, I'll probably say.
Speaker 3: I don't know what was the motibike worth?
Speaker 13: Uh, probably ten grands or something like that. That hurts was back and probably five years ago, so I don't even remember the price.
Speaker 2: Of So Matt had it all settle out, which way did you go?
Speaker 13: She never give it back to me. I stopped going at that and the motorway go back to the I don't know bank or whoever represents.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because I'm sathing.
Speaker 13: I was, I wasn't really halfway, So yeah, I couldn't say.
Speaker 2: It's a tricky situation.
Speaker 3: Two things got repossessed here, a motorbike and a relationship. Good morning, Nicole, good morning, how are we? We're good? What happened post breakup?
Speaker 7: So it was my birthday on the twenty fourth of January, and we had been dating for six months and he gave me, well, he told me he brought me some diamond earrings were fantastic with some Haig's chocolate perfect. And then and then he slept with my best friend and we broke up. Later that year. I slapt him across the face and went to get the diamonds valued and found out they were Kubic Siconians.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's like, how could his story get any worse?
Speaker 7: I know, but at least I got the hagues out of it.
Speaker 3: And Nicole was like, everything's fake in this relation.
Speaker 6: And then and then.
Speaker 2: It turns out it was red children.
Speaker 3: So Nicole, what happened to the cat.
Speaker 7: I kept the cat. Yeah, I kept the cat, but then later on had to surrender it to the rish PCA sadly, so the cat wasn't even real. Well, nothing was real apparently. So yeah, it's one of.
Speaker 3: Those ferbies that you buy with the batteries in it. But are you glad the breakup happened?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, because now I'm I'm with the love of my life and me together twelve.
Speaker 3: Years and yeah, clearly had kids together, and.
Speaker 7: I've got a two year old telling me to read a book to her on the.
Speaker 9: Background, you better go do that.
Speaker 3: Coincidentally, the kid's book is about a cat a pair of ears.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, isn't it. Sparkling Diamond.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Karen from Hilton what happened in the breakup?
Speaker 12: Here?
Speaker 14: So about five years ago we split after fifteen years and we had to divide our assets and everything. So I got the family four drive and she got the smaller run around full drive. At the time, my full drivers valued at about twelve grand, which we need agreed on, but there's a difference two and a half thousand dollars. I paid her out for it, and then about three months after the split, after all that was settled, I sold the full drive at the beginning of COVID and thought a time and luck and I advertised about nineteen and a half about eighteen and a half thousand the next day, and she found out from our kids and she asked for three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Question, has that conversation own? What's your immediate reaction to that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 14: I had to justify that the price of full drive shot up because no one could travel overseas. Everyone wanted to buy a full drive and traveler. And even called her father to justify it to him because he's a bit of an expert on cars and has helped us buy cars in the past. Yeah, she wasn't going to listen to reason. At the end of the day Thursday, money handed over to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you just got lucky in COVID. Hey, thanks, Karen. It's going to what happened in the split.
Speaker 2: I was told to come and collect my kettle because it reminded me, reminded him too much of me.
Speaker 4: Specifically, what was the kettle doing that imitates you so beautifully?
Speaker 7: I think because I am like I just love cup of tea. So the kettle was always on, but yeah, it was very much the messages of you know, like every morning I look at this kettle and I think of, you know, what could have been?
Speaker 3: And all that.
Speaker 7: S to say, I never collected the kettle.
Speaker 2: And we set you up beautiful you're supposed to say, because the kettle is so damn hot.
Speaker 7: Kind to kind.
Speaker 4: There you go, all right, some good stories.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for two people who in this space could not hate each other more like it is absolutely fasty to say the least.
Speaker 3: I've had some feuds in my time, but my god, this one is the next level.
Speaker 2: The hatred that you're looking at me with. As soon as that intro goes off, I'd say, you're everything turns. Jody gets flames in her eyes, and I would too if I was Jody, if I was if I was trailing nine to four.
Speaker 4: We're just having fun.
Speaker 2: So it's it's hatred mixed with a little bit of fun.
Speaker 4: We've got a theme this week, and.
Speaker 2: Of course it is a showdown pump up songs.
Speaker 4: Do you want to kick us off? What have you got? That's when it really gets you ready to run through brickwall.
Speaker 3: We replease don't remember mine this week.
Speaker 4: That's really positive.
Speaker 3: That's the first step. Okay, when you think of showdowns, you think.
Speaker 5: Of Europe.
Speaker 4: As in the band.
Speaker 3: Not true, and you think of this. It is the ultimate pump up song, the Final Countdown.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, I'm just I'm not good at reading cues, but I'm just getting some deranged looks from all the other girls.
Speaker 3: No, that's not no, no, oh, okay, okay, don't don't pull producers owe into this ship. That woman didn't even know of Metallica until six oh five this morning.
Speaker 4: True, that is true.
Speaker 3: Let's not take feedback from producer Zoe yep. Let's not take back from feedback from producer M two, who won't even be watching the game because she can't control her emotions because she loves the Crows so much. You said I'll watch minimum five minutes, maximum five minutes.
Speaker 2: In that game, Jo, I'm just going to cut you off there. You sound like you've already lost the Final Countdown by Europe. I think it is versus Rudimental.
Speaker 3: They played this song every game.
Speaker 2: Who cares if your.
Speaker 4: Reports support the boys is just running out right now. That's the fireworks, by the.
Speaker 9: Way, you know what you know what you've just done.
Speaker 3: You've just absolutely alienated every Crow supporter in this town. And that's done because I think they outnumber the Port supporters. So if you're a Crow supporter, jump on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page and vote for the Final Countdown because no one wants to hear the Port Adelaide pump up song in this space.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I think? Though, in this particular example, even the Crow supporters will be like, actually, buger it, I'm still not.
Speaker 4: Voting for Europe.
Speaker 3: No, none of them are doing that because they're loyal and they are committed, and they want Jody's song.
Speaker 4: Voting at Jodi and Hazy, he gets.
Speaker 10: Houston again, we don't have a Please welcome to the Jordian Hazy Show, Dan Houston.
Speaker 2: Ah, there is Dan Houston in the flesh and first and foremost, Housta. It's game day and you're in here chatting with us.
Speaker 6: We love that so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a little bit tired because you thought me early, but atle bit worse.
Speaker 3: It should also be mentioned that you're wearing a Balenciaga hoodie today. It's very fancy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's game day. Hoodie look good? Forel good? Play good?
Speaker 10: WHOA?
Speaker 4: What's Balencia?
Speaker 11: Are you?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: What is plenty?
Speaker 3: I want to explain that host hoodie brand.
Speaker 11: Clearly it's a design.
Speaker 3: Clearly it's a designer hoodie brand. I don't expect you, it's just well, I don't I don't expect you to know anything about fashion. What are you wearing?
Speaker 4: What does that say? It says H and M.
Speaker 3: That's hazy jopping.
Speaker 2: Designer brands of this guy, H and M or Cottonine. You just sort of rotate him through.
Speaker 3: That's it unless wife gets involved and then we have something at least half decent.
Speaker 4: I think half decent.
Speaker 2: You say, how is everybody feeling ahead of tonight?
Speaker 11: Everyone's feeling really good. It's been a short way for us, and you know, couldn't think of a better week to play a showdown. It's coming on a Thursday night, which is really good. So all the boys it up and about and you know, minimal changes, which is good.
Speaker 3: But the thing about going into a showground you were just saying, off there is who knows what's going to happen? Like it's such a lottery. It's almost like form all of that doesn't matter. So how does that sit in your mind when you go into a showground?
Speaker 11: Saying off there that it's hard to feel confident because it is literally fifty to fifty and you've sort of got to play it as it is. You know, we've had a pretty strong start for the year. The crazer have shown in the last few weeks. I've turned around, so I think it'll be a really good game and play it as it is.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like a little story heading into the showdown. Is the something going on with your skipper?
Speaker 11: Nothing going on with Connor? Yeah, he'll be right. We've planned all week that he'll play unless something goes wrong, and nothing's gone wrong yet, so he'll.
Speaker 3: Play in the hamstring hamstring that feels like something's gone a bit wrong.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think, Well, it depends if you can play through it. And Connor is a tougher birth that can play through that. And you know he's done all the fitness testing required, so he'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Have you had many injuries across the journ? Been pretty fit, haven't you?
Speaker 11: I've been pretty fit, as you say, you as check how my body is, so you're no best, little bits and pieces, little hips, and fingers, but nothing major though.
Speaker 3: Ye no, let's go back to Connor. I'm not going to let it get so you've been accused of playing ducks and drakes all week on this one and playing mind games with the Crows. Is this just a little game that you.
Speaker 11: Play, Nah, you don't play. You don't play mind games with hamstrings and you skip us so you know it'd throw us out if we were lying to ourselves.
Speaker 3: So I'm so confused who's playing who's gas lighting?
Speaker 11: We've played for Connor to play absolutely one hundred percent, So there's no games here.
Speaker 2: And this is why the subject comes up, because I mean, Rosie is so good that he genuinely makes a difference and he would probably make a difference in the way that you plan for a game of football.
Speaker 4: So on behalf of the media.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Dan and the Portelaide Football Cup for give me something so heavily to.
Speaker 4: Talk about it.
Speaker 3: That's true, it's kept you occupied.
Speaker 11: He just keeps peppering as well.
Speaker 3: I know he's just sitting over there just dreaming of Connor Rosie in his mind, and I'm actually asking him the.
Speaker 2: Question she said Rosie before, and I'd absolutely clip.
Speaker 11: Up what did you say, Rosie, Yeah, Rosy, Yeah, it's like one one syllable.
Speaker 4: Maybe three, Yeah, Joe D said, Rose.
Speaker 2: Any little superstitions before you do any game, just particular, but maybe a showdown.
Speaker 11: My superstition is not to have a superstition, like if I find myself doing the same thing over and over again based on how I play, then I hate that. So whatever flats my boat that day and do that.
Speaker 3: Is there anyone in the team that has some quirky gear that they like to get up to before a game?
Speaker 11: You test me there, but I think there would be definitely left sock right sock, left boot right, but that sort of stuff run out last, but I'm not sure who the culprits are, but they keep it under wraps.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: One final question. When you play showdowns and it's a crow's crowd, do you get much stick? Because Lord knows the port faithful like to give some stick.
Speaker 11: I don't get I can't hear it like the actually word for word, but you can definitely hear the booze when you run out, and it's really weird running out into your home ground and copying that sort of feedback. But you embrace it, and it's always good to play in a way showdown because yeah, it's good to beat the craze at their homeground.
Speaker 3: We asked Josh Schelly that question yesday and he said he prefers port home games because the booze and the jeers get him up and about.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's definitely similar to that because you feel like you're at home, you're feeling confident, and then you're coughing a little bit of heat. So it's sort of like revs you up a little bit, which is good and we love the rivalry and that's part of it.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. I'm you so once again, thank you so much for coming in on game. Da'd have a chat with us.
Speaker 3: That's all right, thanks, It's on for the rest of the day now.
Speaker 11: Pretty quiet. Might go for a walk, dog for a walk and then lay up.
Speaker 2: There you go, Dan Houston, we're all about fresh. Isn't throwback here?
Speaker 3: You know that you try and stop us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck, old, good luck now matters. I love this because I do my most intense music listening whilst I'm driving. These are the most popular driving songs in twenty twenty four, according to spotifyed compiled playlists, all right, so let's just power through these. Number ten, feel them a little bit surprising, feel good Ink by the Grillas that comes at number ten, good sign, surprising, really good sign. So I like as well that it's a mix of sort of medium old and new hits. Yes, Number nine, you've got star Boy by the Weekend. The Weekend features very prominently. Number eight Do I Want to Know? By the Arctic Monkeys? Number seven coldplay US across as if this doesn't make you start thinking about some real deep stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh my my daughter does dance ballet dance to this. It makes me cry every time.
Speaker 2: I bet she does. She's that bad. I'm joking, obviously, I'm making around Number five one wants to Rule the World from Tears for Feet.
Speaker 3: Oh that's random.
Speaker 2: That's a bit of old school. Number four The Hills by the Weekend. Number three stick season very much, but it's deceiveson of the sticks now. Yes, that's getting quite a few spins at the minute.
Speaker 3: That's a little worm. We'll crawl into your ear and she'll be there all day.
Speaker 2: Nest, it'll absolutely nest. Probably lay babies, Probably lay babies. Number two No Role Models by J Cole okay, number one, The Killers. It's a good driving tune, isn't it.
Speaker 12: Yes, Master, if you're driving somewhere boring and you need to spucks things up, good things up, doctors school, good right, you put the Killers on the interesting as well, some of those songs that you select, particularly on the way home from work after we've played either Battle of the Bangers or songs or song song.
Speaker 3: Song.
Speaker 2: Jody. I'd sell you what Peter mallan ouskis is listening to in his car at the minute. This bloke is that popular at the moment, loves a bit of Madonna.
Speaker 3: Oh my God, walking around them go who's the Kings? Him in the Shark could do no wrong, It's so sure.
Speaker 2: Port Adelaide Football Club. This is the theme of every single official in their car at the moment.
Speaker 7: You got.
Speaker 2: That's right, the gambler taking a little cunt of roses hamstring and then Joe, you might be able to take this as well, but specifically the song that Connor Rosie's hamstring is playing in its car at the moment, One Royce's Hamstring.
Speaker 6: Come on, things will go you away?
Speaker 2: Do you want to hamstring? Hold a fool?
Speaker 13: One more?
Speaker 9: Dame just game.
Speaker 2: No his birthday Friday. I have next thousand bucks up for grabs, just for having your birthday