Speaker 1: Lateener Welcome the Late Debate.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Staer and Caleb Bond here on the.
Speaker 3: Late Debate coming up.
Speaker 2: Spanish people sick of tourists have come up with a novel way of getting rid of visitors.
Speaker 3: If you're planning on.
Speaker 2: A trip to Barcelona soon, you'll need to know what's going on. Plus, when we look at the papers, the Greens leader Adam Bant reckons they will replace Labor as the center left party in Australia.
Speaker 3: Go figure and a Queensland.
Speaker 2: MP has promised to draorknock on the homes of people who make negative comments about him on social media. I'm not sure that's such a great idea. Talk about that when we get to the papers. But Donald Trump has given his first interview after surviving the assassination attempt at the weekend. He talked about how he's lucky to be alive, why his shoes fell off during the attack, and how the events of the weekend will change his campaign going forward. He spoke to a New York Post reporter. Let me give you some of the key things that he said and will talk about them. On surviving the assassination attempt. He told the Post. The doctors at the hospital said that they'd never seen anything like this. They called it a miracle. I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be dead. By luck or by God. Many people are saying it's by God I'm still here, and calebin this. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
Speaker 3: Had it not.
Speaker 2: Been for that slight turn of the head at the last moment and a couple of millimeters, we have a very different story this week.
Speaker 1: Indeed, the irony that looking at a chart of the illegal immigration, the almost half of Australia's population that has poured over the southern border during the Biden administration, that's what he was looking at.
Speaker 4: That is what saved his life. According to Trump's own turn of events, he is like, that's what I was doing.
Speaker 1: I just turned my head slightly to look at a chart that I was talking about, and that is what saved my life.
Speaker 4: Said for many, many months now, it's this amount of illegal immigration that's going to see him back into the White House. Keeps talking about.
Speaker 1: Illegal immigration, and here we see it having literally saved his life.
Speaker 4: So I do believe it's a miracle.
Speaker 1: We are talking about millimeters between a grazed ears and a bullet lodged in the brain.
Speaker 4: And he well knows that and has attributed to.
Speaker 1: An act of God in a tweet of his that we'll get to in a bit.
Speaker 5: We've actually found a reason that illegal immigration is good for once.
Speaker 6: You know, in saved Donald Trump's life.
Speaker 5: And I mean this interview he did with the New York Post is so Donald Trump in the quotes right now. We'll get a bit later into what happened with the Secret Service and how barely they blended things, but you know, he does have to give some credit to them, and he says in this interview, speaking of what the Secret Service did to the bloker, tried to shoot him and I'm not going to name him. He doesn't deserve it. They took him out with one shot right between the eyes. That did a fantastic job.
Speaker 4: It's surreal for all of us.
Speaker 5: The agents hit me so hard that my shoes fell off, and my shoes are tight. Now it's good to know that he's rocking around in tight shoes. But I was wondering because, of course, when he stood back half. One of the first things he said was let me get my shoes.
Speaker 6: Let me get my.
Speaker 5: Shoes, And I was, what, I'm thinking, the dune's just been shot, and the first thing he's concerned with is getting his shoes. I thought maybe he got up on stage and like, I don't know, he takes them off so he can sort of wiggle his toes around while he's up on the stage. But no, that with all the thoughts that they hit him, his shoes came off. And I also thought it was really funny to see how scraggly his hair was, because we know how much Trump cares about his look, right, and the hair is the distinctive look. And he got well, the two pay didn't come off. If it is a two pay, I suspect it's his real hair actually. But anyway, he got up and he looked like he had bad hair and like he just had this gnarly look on him. It was so good to see and the best that wasn't.
Speaker 1: That was the highlight defy of this man. Keep in mind, when he fell to the ground, all he'd done was grasp.
Speaker 4: His ear and be like, oh, something's going on here. Fell to the ground.
Speaker 1: You don't actually know in those seconds he would have been crouched on the ground, going am I shot?
Speaker 4: Where am I shot?
Speaker 1: I know that I'm bleeding, because a lot of people when they are shot, their first question is.
Speaker 4: Am I shot?
Speaker 1: Because of course you adrenaline shoots through the roof. You don't know how serious it is at the time, etc.
Speaker 4: And so on.
Speaker 1: As soon as he gets to his feet, he says wait, wait, wait, wait to the Secret Service trying to wrestle him off stage, raises his fist in defiance and mouths fight, fight, fight, And that's what he spoke about next in this interview, he said a lot of people say it's the most iconic photo they've ever seen.
Speaker 4: They're right, And I didn't die.
Speaker 1: Usually you have to die to have an iconic picture. I just wanted to keep speaking, but I just got shot.
Speaker 4: You don't get more Trump then this.
Speaker 1: Of course, the lefty media took umbrage to the fact that this had been his attitude seconds after being shot, and they're saying, oh, that's not the message that we think should be.
Speaker 4: Sent right now, What on earth.
Speaker 1: Other message do you want to see from the man vying for the top spot? Yeah, as leader of the free world, which is currently a joke. There's not much freedom going on, is there, But Commander in Chief, that is the kind of strength and dignity and fighting spirit.
Speaker 4: That you want to see.
Speaker 1: And a guy who's just been shot, and I dare say at the time, again he still didn't know what the damage was. And I dare say that was a message to everyone there and watching around the world, no matter what happens to me from this day forward, you guys have got to continue the fight. Fight these guys. He's called out Deep State. He said unteenth dozen times. I'm going after these guys, these glos obal elites. I'm not playing their game, which is why we always say the establishment is genuinely terrified of this guy, and they've got every reason to be. So he's saying, in my absence, while I'm here, I'm fighting, but if I'm gone, you guys fight.
Speaker 2: His presence of mind in that moment, he says in the interview that he was very aware, and how he was aware in the split seconds with everything that was happening says a lot about him.
Speaker 3: But he said, I was very aware.
Speaker 2: The whole world is watching this moment, and so I've got to make sure I project strength the other thing I love about Trump is the internal contradictions. One minute he's saying, but for the grace of God, and the next minuting he's saying, I'm a living icon.
Speaker 3: To this hum all the same thing.
Speaker 2: And I mean he's just been shot that he says, but how good was the folk?
Speaker 5: But this is Trump, right, like the political brain just doesn't turn off, and he knew how important that moment was and what that image would be. I mean, look, I just like to be the photographer from the Associated Press that took that photo, because my goodness, you can just retire to an you want for the rest of your life, right, just live off the proceeds of that photo, because that's going to be in every political textbook, It's going to be in every history class. It is going to be absolutely plastered everywhere for hundreds and hundreds of years. But of course, the other thing is that the Republican National Conference kicks off today American time, and you'll be able to watch the live coverage of that here on Sky News from nine am tomorrow Eastern Standard time. And he had a speech prepared because of course, he will be confirmed as the presidential nominee for the Republican Party, and he had a speech confirmed that he put together for that. Well, he's thrown all of that out now, because of course, there have been some different events over the last couple of days. About this, he said, I had prepared an extremely tough speech, really good, all about the corrupt, horrible administration, but I threw it away. I want to try to unite our country, but I don't know if that's possible. People are very divided, and you're probably going to see from now on a somewhat different Trump, I think, because the campaign on both sides to this point has very much been a well, Biden hates Trump and Trump hates Biden. We hate each other, the other guy's bad, don't vote for him. You have to vote for me to save the country, et cetera, et cetera. Now that we've had this pressure point reached with Trump being shot, and Trump has such a moral high ground now that he can he doesn't have to go out there and say Joe's terrible, right, that's sort of a moot point. Now he can say, Look, they came after me, and I've always said that I stand between you and them, So I need you to come with me and rebuild this country together, go back to the original make America great again mantra, and he probably doesn't have to mention Joe Biden at all until November.
Speaker 6: From this point onwards.
Speaker 1: We've just stolen their tagline because they were forever every single Trump election, they've been like, he's so divisive, he's dividing the country. We the Democrats, we will unite the country. The country's never been more divided. After four years of a Biden administration, the country has never been more divided. And one of Trump's last tweets, most recently on his Truth social platform was just all caps, unite America and a million exclamation masks, because that's how Trump writes.
Speaker 4: So he's stolen their catchphrase.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, I've always said, they're not after me, They're after you. I'm just in the way. And don't we know it? Twice in Peach, four times, indicted, buried in law.
Speaker 4: For, and now shot at.
Speaker 1: And this guy stands to his feet and tells everyone watching worldwide, fight these mongrels.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Trump's been given an incredible opportunity now to be a statesman, to bring people together, not just in America, but.
Speaker 3: Around the world.
Speaker 2: He can really make a massive difference if he gets his tone right and the fact that he I mean, he said, I had this brilliant speech all ready to go. I was going to slam Joe Biden on every front, and he's torn that up. Said I'm going to write something different, try and bring people together. And of course he can do that because Biden's entire campaign has been about dividing everybody up. So Biden can try to be a unite it. No one believes him. Trump can do it, and if he does, I think he can surprise a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the attack itself, because there's a lot of questions around how it happened and what police and Secret Service were doing. There are reports that a police officer, having been told by the crowd that the shooter was on a roof, climbed a ladder and confronted the shooter before any shots were fired. The shooter turned the rifle on the police officer, who promptly went back down the ladder, and then after that shots were taken at Trump. But have a look at this system vs of bystanders watching on seeing the shooter on the roof and calling out to police.
Speaker 6: Look because we have cont dangerous.
Speaker 1: On the world.
Speaker 2: So you can clearly see there there's people yelling out to the police. We can see someone with a rifle on the roof. Have a listen to this witness who says I tried to get the attention of police.
Speaker 8: The police are down there running around on the ground. We're like, hey, man, there's guy on the roof with the rifle. And the police are like, huh what, you know, like like they didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: We're like, hey, right here on the roof, we can see him from right here, we see him, you know, he's he's crawling. And next thing you know, I'm like, I'm thinking to myself, I'm like, why is Trump still speaking? Why have they not pulled him off the stage. I'm standing there pointing at him for you know, three minutes. Secret Service is looking at us from the top of the bone. I'm pointing at that roof, just standing it like this, and next thing you know, five truttering out.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of questions listening to that. Caleb. Very clearly members of.
Speaker 2: The public spot of the shooter before the security agencies.
Speaker 5: It is a monumental failure from every perspective, right, And I mean we can go through the whole lot of it, from the Secret Service to the local cop going up the ladder and the whole thing. But to have so many people have acknowledged that he was there and were aware that he was there. You can see in the footage him on the roof at various points moving up and down. You can see his body, then he gets back down and that it's harder.
Speaker 3: To see it.
Speaker 5: But of course the Secret Service that were set up on a roof behind Trump were from an elevated position, so they should have been able to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, in the way they couldn't see.
Speaker 5: And that bloke there who spoke to the BBC and that reported, by the way, I have to say, did some great work over the weekend. And he's fully blind as well, which just makes the reporting he did that much more extraordinary. But what he is saying there is that I did my darndest to let them know that.
Speaker 6: This bloke was there.
Speaker 5: I could see it, everyone else could see it, and yet nothing was done. Minutes went by. Now I understand that if there's someone on the roof, the Secret Service or the local copy went up the ladder might be somewhat reticent to shoot before they know why he's there and what he's motiv.
Speaker 1: Concealed carry.
Speaker 5: But that's what is so extraordinary about it, is why at any point in that four or five minutes did they not make the call to take the shot until he had fired a shot, or.
Speaker 2: Even on that, if they weren't going to take the shot, at least get Donald Trump off the stage and into a place of safety while you figure out is this a threat or is it just someone on the roof with a.
Speaker 1: Right Why, I'm outright saying this is not a loan gunman there I have listened to.
Speaker 4: In fact, I've listened.
Speaker 1: To nothing else but experts, people who work for the Secret Service, people who have worked for the Secret Service.
Speaker 4: This is literally impossible to do without.
Speaker 1: Help from the inside. Now, I'm not saying it was an inside job. There would have just been a handful of people who could have been involved in something like that. But the likelihood that a twenty year old kid could access an area that the Secret Service already knew had a direct line of sight was just four hundred yards from the podium is beyond It's not believable. Which is why I will not believe it he was able to scale a ladder. You had people in the audience who are like, you can see him, he's right there. We just saw him right there on their little phone cams. He was lying on the roof. He clearly had a rifle. This wasn't some concealed carry type pistol arrangement.
Speaker 4: You have to set it up.
Speaker 1: You've got a scope and when you look at there's a few maps here we've.
Speaker 4: Got for you.
Speaker 1: When you look at where the counter snipers were located in relation to where this shooter was, there is.
Speaker 4: No way they can't have seen him.
Speaker 1: Now we know these advanced teams go out weeks, sometimes months in advance to every location at which an event like this is going to take place. They have one job, protect the guy in this case, Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: That is it. These guys are trained snipers.
Speaker 1: Within a thousand yards, they can kill a bee. They're trained to notice even if a window is open, a crack through which someone could be shooting. And you mean to tell me they didn't notice a twenty year old kid mounting an area that they already knew was top priority risk territory getting up there with a rifle setting up a rifle. The kid didn't even attempt to dress like one of them.
Speaker 4: He wasn't wearing all black.
Speaker 1: He was just in every day clothes and he took this shot. They had seen him, They did know he was there, The people knew he was.
Speaker 4: There, the cops knew they were there.
Speaker 1: And you mean to tell me the count of snipers didn't know he was there, So what were they waiting for? They took him out within seconds of him actually opening fire. But why on earth would you wait for that to occur before you take this guy out? And I don't necessarily mean a kill shot. These snipers are so good at what they do. They could have easily shot both.
Speaker 4: His arms off given and then we would have.
Speaker 1: Been able to actually take him to a court of law and be like, guys, explain what were you doing up there?
Speaker 4: He is an MSNBC reporter pointing.
Speaker 1: Out some of these very poignant, undeniably inconvenient facts.
Speaker 9: A senior Secret Service source familiar with the planning of yesterday's event tells NBC News that the roof where the shooter was located was a well known, high priority vulnerability. It was identified just the day before during a security walkthrough. We've also just learned that there were two counter sniper teams on site and that the counter sniper did not need approval to shoot, one source telling NBC News that prior protocols were not followed. The FBI now says the alleged shooter, twenty year old Thomas Matthew Crooks, appears to have acted alone.
Speaker 4: This is why I say. They let him on the roof.
Speaker 1: They knew he was there, They watched him set up the rifle, they knew he had a rifle. They waited till he opened fire to open fire themselves. He's dead and now he can't talk. Sorry, I'm just not buying.
Speaker 2: You got five shots off, I believe before the Service managed to take care of him. He's a former Secret Service agent, saying that the Secret Service would have had a clear view of the shooter, and yet they waited until he fired before they took him out.
Speaker 10: It's gross and competence. I mean, how do you let I mean think about it right? The counter sniper team they train out the Secret Service count sniper team. Obviously they are mitigative sniper thread. They train out to one thousand yards, so we're talking about say it was two hundred yards, it was actually less than that where this shooter was right, you're talking about a fraction of what they're trained at. They're also trained to spot guys in gilli suits, cracked open windows. He's on a white roof in broad daily on a white roof. Now again, it'd be easy for me to say, oh, well, let's not get into Monday morning quarterback, bro. It's not a freaking football game. It's the President of the United States's life. The Secret Service has one job.
Speaker 3: It's a great point.
Speaker 2: The Secret Service had one job, and Caleb they totally blew it.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, indeed quite literally, if you want to go to that extreme. And the result of that is that Trump was very lucky to get away with his life. But at least one person is now dead, two others are critically injured as a result of that. If that shot had been taken earlier, you wouldn't have dead people, right, And listening to the accounts of those who were in the crowd and what they saw, I mean the bloke who was shot and died, he had a bullet through the head. A doctor was describing yesterday that he saw his brain matter come out the other side of his head. You can imagine. I mean, he's a doctor, so I'm sure he's more desensitized to it, but you can imagine how traumatic that is for everyone else around.
Speaker 6: And when you.
Speaker 5: Listen to the full footage of the attack, Trump goes down at about ten seconds later, you hear a guttural scream from a woman in the audience, which I assume is her realizing that someone else has been killed, because of course there was another woman who was hit. All of this just seems terribly avoidable, and the fact that something wasn't done earlier about it is an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 1: But nobody needs to worry, right because the FBI are going to investigate it. The same FBI who told you that Hunter Biden's laptop wasn't Hunter Biden's laptop. The same FBI who raided Trump's Mary Lago home for confidential information, but let Hillary Clinton off for a slap with a slap on the wrist when they discovered that she had a private server from which she sent hundreds of confidential docks while she was in the highest halls of power. The same FBI that told everyone back in twenty sixteen that Russia was colluding with Trump, and that just no one should vote for him because well, he's clearly a Russian plant. The same FBI who couldn't even figure out who's crack cocaine was in the White House last year, even though Hunter Biden had been visiting that weekend. This FBI is on the case, and I'm sure they're going to get to the look because it's not like they've ever had it in for Trump.
Speaker 5: It was clearly it was clearly Joe's, because you know, he needs it to sort of pep himself up. The crack cocaine. I mean, but so we talk about the snipers and how badly they stuffed it up, but the response on the ground from the Secret Service was just as shoddy. You may have seen some of the photos and footage of particularly what some of the female Secret Service agents were doing in the aftermath of Trump being shot in the ear. Here is an example of some of the clear bungling that was going on when one of the most famous men in the world, who should be one of the most protected men in the world, happened to be shot on stage.
Speaker 6: I mean, look at that woman.
Speaker 5: She can't even get a gun back in the whole splster. This is a woman who's charged with protecting Donald Trump, and she doesn't even know what.
Speaker 6: To do with her gun.
Speaker 2: The agent beside her is adjusting her sunglasses continually make sure she looks the part as a Seal Services agent. I mean, they're racing around like headless chalks, with no idea what they're supposed to be doing. If you listen really carefully, and we haven't got this particular vision. But when Trump goes down and the Secret Service agents jump on him, if you listen really carefully, you can hear the female agents say what are we doing?
Speaker 3: What are we doing? Where are we going?
Speaker 2: They train for just this moment, and then when the moment arrives, she needs the guidebook to figure out what she's supposed to do.
Speaker 3: And all of this, of course.
Speaker 2: Now goes back to the Secret Service director Kimberly Chitl, who explained last year that she was very proud that the Secret Service was well on track to have thirty percent of their agent's female. We saw how that just worked out. But here she is talking about this great diversity in the Secret Service.
Speaker 11: Last year to expand hiring, they're aiming to have thirty percent women recruits by twenty thirty, and even allowed YouTube influencer Michelle Cary to trade with agents.
Speaker 12: But I'm very conscious as I sit in this chair now of making sure that we need to attract diverse candidates and ensure that we are developing and giving opportunities to everybody in our workforce, and particularly women.
Speaker 2: That's wonderful to give opportunities for women. Just maybe this might not be the opportunity. Have a look at this image from the campaign speech where the Secret Service agents jump on top of Trump. You can see they're covering Trump's body. But have a look just to the left of the photograph, there's a Secret Service agent there just taking shelter all on her own, Calebin Liz Well, not too worried about the presence, dear. Look at it.
Speaker 1: On the right, you've got men doing their job, literally shielding Trump with their own bodies. They didn't know that they weren't about to be peppered with bullets from wherever this source was, or if indeed there were many sources that were about to open fire. And then you've got these women crouching behind them.
Speaker 4: By putting her head, I don't know what she thinks she's doing.
Speaker 1: But I've always said this, you cannot send a woman to do a man's job. And before people say, oh, you're being way too harsh.
Speaker 4: On women, let's be clear here.
Speaker 1: Not every kind of men would be performing well under pressure when their lives are at state. Job is to literally throw yourself in harm's way in a highly pressured environment where you know, in this moment, this could be.
Speaker 4: My last moment.
Speaker 1: Well, the other problem is, sorry, this is this is not This is not a profession for every man, and it's certainly not a profession for any it's.
Speaker 2: Not a profession for every body type. Because one of the female agents was clearly not tall enough to provide cover for Donald Trump, who's a pretty big guy. But there's some footage of where she's standing in front of him. But clearly you could still get a shot off on Trump because he's got large enough to cover his body exactly.
Speaker 5: And look, I take your point, Liz, but look, to be perfectly honest, if I needed a bodyguard, I wouldn't mind you for the job. I think you'd I think you'd be pretty fearsome in these kind of.
Speaker 2: You want you don't want Liz providing cover for your body. You want this as a sniper because she wouldn't even ask for question.
Speaker 4: You first, does look a bit dodgy.
Speaker 5: I'm putting Liz on the payroll along with a bloke I know called Rory, who would have no trouble taking someone out. In fact, he should have been there doing the job yesterday. But I had Evelyn Ray on The Sunday Showdown last night, seven pm. Every Sunday, by the way, you should watch it. I sit in the middle and host it. It's a great show.
Speaker 6: And then some show afterwards. What's it called, Brian, It's.
Speaker 2: Called the Nicko and James and it's a wonderful program. The show, the Showdown kind of warms you up.
Speaker 6: Oh right, I'll take it. I'll take it.
Speaker 5: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Starting hack.
Speaker 5: But Evelyn Ray was on the show last night, and Evelyn is a former copper and she has worked in dignitary protection and she was going through methodically all the mistakes that the Secret Service had made made on that stage and when they got off the stage, and one of the things she pointed out was that the one part of the body you must always protect is the torso because this bit here has all your vital organs in it, and they call it kill zone. And there was a point where they're taking Trump off the stage and he's holding his hat, his make America grat Again hat, and he drops the hat.
Speaker 6: And then what you'll see here.
Speaker 5: Is that the officer, the female officer in front of him, goes down and picks up the hat, and in doing so, she has exposed his Torso, now can you imagine if there happened to be and you'll see it again there, if there had happened to be another shooter there yesterday, she has just exposed his heart, his lungs, everything, so that they could have taken another shot.
Speaker 6: Like you don't have to pick the hat up.
Speaker 1: Only the hell a female would bend down for the hat.
Speaker 4: Those guys, I'm remotely interested in his head. We then get here out of them.
Speaker 3: We had a fire alarm gold for our place. Today.
Speaker 2: My son was home with me. I said, come on, let's go, and he said, can I just grab? I said, mate, let's just let's just go. Just we'll be all right. Well, you've got someone shooting and he's got ticket service. Have you got is shoes have.
Speaker 4: Trump's call like dignity.
Speaker 3: They still allow him to do it now.
Speaker 1: Of course, it didn't take long for the lefties to take to their various social media platforms too mourn the fact that they were just millimeters away, well a millimeter away.
Speaker 4: From seeing the end of Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Here's comedian Kristen Toomey announcing to her over eighty thousand followers that it was such.
Speaker 4: A shame skinner's ear.
Speaker 5: You know, It's like it was right there.
Speaker 4: And I think, I think we're going to look back.
Speaker 3: On that and go.
Speaker 4: Not to be outdone.
Speaker 1: This random blondie sitting in her car was having a meltdown and wanted the world to know that she couldn't believe that the sniper had missed it by this much.
Speaker 4: I just found out about this shit. It just happened. I haven't even had a second to process.
Speaker 8: You're telling me somebody finally had the balls to bring a few of you.
Speaker 4: We were a second away.
Speaker 7: We were a setameter away from half of the problem being gone, and you messed.
Speaker 4: There was a white man attached to that trigger.
Speaker 6: I know it. We were a centimeter away.
Speaker 1: Oh, throwing black men under the bus there, lady, I mean, this is unhinged, right if anyone's feeling this way, you'd think surely they just take a long, hard look at themselves and say, wait, if I am genuinely championing on, cheering on the cold blooded murder of a man who's not just a president, former president, maybe president again, God willing, And I think after rec and events, we can all say God probably is rather willing, then maybe I'm the animal if I'm cheering on the death of this husband, this father, this guy who, no matter what you believe about him, is still a living, breathing human being. But of course the media has told these guys for years on end. Now Trump is literally hitler. Trump is the greatest threat to our democracy. If Trump gets back into the White House, it.
Speaker 4: Is the end of the world as we know it.
Speaker 1: So it was no surprise to hear former White House Press Secretary Jen Saki.
Speaker 4: Is that how you say the Latin name.
Speaker 1: Take use her platform to tell everybody that, well, I think we're all under threat.
Speaker 4: Now, we're all in the same boat.
Speaker 13: Really, for anyone out there who has a platform who thinks the moment right now is to be political and attack the other party, you are feeding into the danger. You are making it more likely there's retaliation. I'm incredibly scared, scared for journalists. I'm scared for people who have public platforms of all parties, and that's how people should feel.
Speaker 1: It's the journalist who has been spreading this hysteria, this Trump derangement syndrome for years now, and they genuinely I have not heard one person own their own rhetoric and say, perhaps we had a part to play.
Speaker 4: We've had the.
Speaker 1: President of the United States, Biden, get up and say, oh, we need to take things down a notch, we need to calm things down again. No responsibility taken for the fact that he himself, the very top, has been championing this kind of rhetoric, this kind of end of the world narrative, and young people have taken that on board.
Speaker 2: When Biden said we need to turn down the retric he was looking at a television camera. He should have been looking at a mirror, because he was the one that needed to hear that message. And the hypocrisy of the left is just incredible. That white woman who is going mental about the fact that the shooter missed, and I remember they always accused Trump. One of Trump's made sins that he's such a racist. But did you notice she finishes off for a rant by saying, I bett he miss because he was a white guy, a stupid white man. So the hypocrisy is just quite.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was a white.
Speaker 3: Guy, but who.
Speaker 4: We know the homicide stats late.
Speaker 6: And he wasn't just a white guy.
Speaker 5: He was a weedy white guy. I mean, look, to be perfectly honest, he's the last person I'd trust to do that sort of job.
Speaker 2: Then you've got Democrat staffers like Jacqueline Marsaw.
Speaker 3: She's just been sacked, and so she ought to have been.
Speaker 2: She went on Facebook criticizing the fact that the next person who takes a shot that Trump should make sure they have shooting lessons so that they don't miss. Now, the fact that she would post something like that on Facebook, she's working for Democrat Representative Benny Thompson, who I'll talk about in the second.
Speaker 3: But the fact that she would go on.
Speaker 2: Facebook and say, gee, the shooters should get lessons so next time they don't miss speaks to the fact that she obviously feels comfortable speaking in those terms because of the people that have been around about her. It should be noted the Democrat congressman she works for just a couple of months, tried to pass legislation that would have taken the Secret Service detail away from Donald Trump as a convicted felon. So she's been sacked rightly so, but it's the fact that she would make those comments in the first place tells you the kind of environment she's been working in well.
Speaker 5: To be perfectly honest, if they took away his secret Service and he had to get some private operators have done a job.
Speaker 1: I I watched this clip of this guy, this black dude, he's clearly in the hood.
Speaker 4: And he's like, Donald Trump, my man.
Speaker 1: He's like, if you want people who would never let this happen to you, you just need fifty d's.
Speaker 4: From the herd.
Speaker 1: Man, we would never allow this to happen to you. He clearly knew that black guys are a.
Speaker 4: Better shot as well, because he was saying this would never happen on our You.
Speaker 1: Get some hardcore caanngsters from the hood, and we will lay down our lives.
Speaker 5: Taking the secret servers away. Could We'll have been a blissing in disguise. But we show Jim Saki there, right, And I had a name Saki because.
Speaker 6: Saki is a very nice drink. She's not quite so palatable.
Speaker 5: But I was watching some of the CNN coverage yesterday, just flicking around the various channels, and in between one or two decent interviews with people who were actually in the crowd, they had some seriously nutty stuff yesterday, including questioning that image we talked about before Trump puts his fist up in the air, the defiance, the strength that he is showing to the nation and the world. On CNN, they were complaining that that in itself was inflammatory and that I don't know, he just sort of deserved it or something.
Speaker 6: I do want to say.
Speaker 7: There was one thing that when I watched the tip I found odd because of all of the hit di and that is that after he was hit fromer, President Trump got up and said, fate, fate, fate. I think what we're hearing from people is that's not the message that we want to be center right now.
Speaker 4: We want to tamp it down.
Speaker 5: Ah, right, So the bloke's just been shot in the ear, and you want him to get up and give you some sort of conciliatory speech.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, it's all good.
Speaker 5: Let's just turn the temperature down for a little while. Guys, dude's just been shot. And straight after he was shot, and it's plainly clear to you and I and anyone else who was watching at the time that they were gunshots. It's not like it was just firecrackers. And then Trump just magically had blood coming out of his ear because the decibels were too high. He was shot.
Speaker 6: In the ear.
Speaker 5: And they had the timirity on CNN to say that the threat of something like this happening was not legitimate.
Speaker 9: Donald Trump, people around him perceive themselves to be under threat and that's all that matters.
Speaker 6: That is not legitimate.
Speaker 4: That is wrong.
Speaker 11: You hear the screens from the audience, people are terrified.
Speaker 6: What the threat is not legitimate?
Speaker 3: He was shot and there was another man who was murdered.
Speaker 6: How can you say the threat is not legitimate? The threat was right there in front of you.
Speaker 5: And she's then attributing to screaming in the crowd as though it's Donald Trump's fault.
Speaker 6: No, he got shot, Like, how brain did can you be?
Speaker 2: It just goes to show Trump derangement syndrome is a real thing.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including the Queensland MP who warns locals if they make negative comments about him on social media, they're getting a knock on the door that's coming up in a moment.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, as you can imagine, Donald Trump is dominating tomorrow's headlines, but there are some other stories in the papers tomorrow, Caleb, what's the Australian got?
Speaker 6: Thank god for that.
Speaker 5: Otherwise we'd have to spend a whole talking about Donald Trump. Now, actually we could do that, we could do it.
Speaker 6: For five hours, but drawing rate, it's okay.
Speaker 5: We do have some other yarns on the front of the Odds tomorrow below mister Trump himself, it says Band plan to usurp Alp on left God, I mean Adam Man sadly the leader that Donald Trump is. It's an insult to mister Trump that they have to share the front page, says Adam. Band says the Greens have replaced Labor as the authentic party of the center left and will win over voters by taking a robin hood platform to the election, soaking major corporations to fund better outcomes in areas of traditional ALP strength. Hang on a minute they reckon, they're going to be the authentic center left party who's going to represent the fall left. Now, no, we're just moving into alp territory. But again it simply proves what we have known the Greens to be for a long time is watermelons, green on the outside, read on the in side. Because they've been asked that the Australians doing a series of stories on the Greens policy platform and what they would do if we have a.
Speaker 3: Series.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 5: So they've asked mister Bant what his platform is going to be if Labor ends up in minority government and you know they potentially have to do a deal and the Greens on the cross bench are providing their support. What do you want out of the government, And mister Band says, in broad terms, make big corporations pay more tax, fund universal services.
Speaker 6: So everyone can have a better life.
Speaker 5: And dot dot dot stop opening coal and gas mines.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: Once upon a time, that would be the first thing the Greens would say, because they're called the Greens for a reason, right they met with the Environmental Party, the first thing they would say is stop the gas and coal mines, not anymore. The first thing they talk about is socialist economics, because they're not concerned about the green bit. The green bit is just a vehicle to keep them going. What they really want to do is a chief socialist.
Speaker 2: But the other stupid thing is he wants to get rid of coal and gas, but he's going to tax all the billionaires. Where do the billionaires get their money from. He wants to expand the social welfare net, but where do we get the money to do that. It's from coal and gas. So his plan doesn't work. He says, we're going to have stronger policies. That means just we're going to get to bankruptcy faster as a nation if he ever gets his way.
Speaker 1: And the fact that he's saying, no, no, we don't want to form an alliance with Labor at the next election if it comes to that, we don't want to be given green seats in cabinets, so to speak. He's like, no, no, no, we've turned that off and down. We are just going to take more and more of your seats until we're less of a minority party and you guys are on the uter.
Speaker 4: I think it's incredible. He's a very ambitious man.
Speaker 1: To the front page of the Courier mail now.
Speaker 4: NP visits the trolls. A Queensland MP.
Speaker 1: Has confessed to using the electoral role to track down and visit voters who make negative social media comments about him.
Speaker 4: Labor MB for Rockampton.
Speaker 1: Barri O'Rourke has said he did this as a bit of karma and while it was a little bit stupid his words, he could pay these people a visit as he was a fairly big fella that's not threatening at all, A rock that's not threatening at all, that's totally fine. Also, how busy are you as an MP if you're so obsessed with little comments.
Speaker 4: That people are like, I've worked for three MP's.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's not just you, buddy, they all cap a heaper hate. But you're taking it so personally. Your ego is so small and wounded that he's like, look up their address, I'm gonna go knock it on their door, and then go so far as to say I'm a fairly big fella that is so ominous.
Speaker 2: Rockampton is the only place in the country where when there's a knock on the door, people say, do you hope it's the Jehovah's Witnesses?
Speaker 3: Rather than mister O'Rourke.
Speaker 5: How can you be a public servant, a public official, a politician like that and go around doing interviews saying you say bad words about me? On, come on, get you like, what did you think you were signing up for? I mean, if I spent the last nine years of my career. In fact, I need to talk about this this morning. It's nine years this month since I joined the News Court newspapers full time.
Speaker 6: So you know, in my long and illustrious career, if I had gone and tracked down every.
Speaker 5: Single person who had sent me a rude tweet, a rude email, a rude text message, every person I ever wrote a story about who's had it in for me ever since, if I'd spent all my time going around knocking on their doors, I wouldn't have a job anymore because I'd have nothing.
Speaker 4: Else to do.
Speaker 3: This is why I never gave you my address.
Speaker 6: Car Hey, that's not true.
Speaker 5: I've been around to your house and drunk all your beer, which in takes for that.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the front page of the cans Post. The headline says murderer robbed two hundred and forty thousand dollars from across Queensland killer's bank heist. But that's not the most interesting part of this story. It reads that a psychopathic killer who once murdered a man to take over his identity, will be sentenced for a series of robberies across Queensland, including in Port Douglas.
Speaker 3: He'll be sentenced next week. Now.
Speaker 2: The story reads how Alexander Robert McDonald seventy three years old, he was wanted by police, but he also was trying to launder money from bank robberies, so he had to change identity.
Speaker 3: He came up with a brilliant plan.
Speaker 2: He placed an advertisement in the paper for a non existent mining job, interviewed dozens of people who thought.
Speaker 3: They were applying for a job.
Speaker 2: But he was actually sizing them up to figure who looks a bit like me, that I could murder them and then assume their identity. So that is one job. Liz, you would be thanking the good Lord.
Speaker 1: You did not talk about dodging your bullet.
Speaker 5: I think it explains why we still have an unemployment rate in this country, doesn't it, Because I mean, I'd be scared to go to a job.
Speaker 4: Interview eighty eight.
Speaker 5: I'd be sea, Well, what are you saying that people don't murder people in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: There's much easier ways to steal someone's identity now, with technology what it is. Well eighty eight, I guess the only way to do it was to make sure that you would never appear again, because I was now you.
Speaker 4: But there was only one way to ensure that.
Speaker 3: Are you just vouching for digital ideas.
Speaker 6: You heard here first.
Speaker 1: On the Lovely A lot of people get their identities stolen now by virtue of the use of social media. I could start a page tomorrow being like, I'm James McPherson, digit.
Speaker 3: I be less murders.
Speaker 5: That's an idea. Let's go and start that Facebook page I am James McPherson, and well you won't have a job by tomorrow Night's and then I can finally move into that middle seat there.
Speaker 3: You never coming around to my house ever again.
Speaker 5: Canberra times, I thought I'd been banned after I drunk all the beer.
Speaker 6: Let's go can each other.
Speaker 3: We really do get on very well, we do.
Speaker 4: We do it.
Speaker 5: We're like a family here on the late Debate, I have to say, because you know this is a family, I can pick not the one I didn't get to pick. My brother will be riding in now anyway he deserves it. Let's go to the Canberra Times. Now, look, Donald Trump's been having a bad time. Joe Biden on that front page there has been having a bad time, or to any who else has been having a bad time. That's the c if emmy. You you would have seen the reporting over the past few days, the infiltration allegedly of for organized crime games, et cetera.
Speaker 6: Well they've gone bagger that. Let's just go for gold.
Speaker 5: It says here union should be handed greater power to investigate and prosecute companies thought to be in breach of an Act Procurement Code. The c if emmy, you believe they're going to go to the the Act Labor Conference annual conference and ask that they be appointed to oversee senior public servants. The sea if MEU of all the unions right now is like, yeah, I'm going to stick my head above the parapet and to ask to be put in charge of things.
Speaker 2: They've taken on board that old adage the best form of defense is offense, and they are playing hard.
Speaker 1: Indeed, to a few mentions now the Herald Son it's all about Trump.
Speaker 4: The miracle man. I'm supposed to be dead. Trump declares it's a miracle he's alive.
Speaker 1: The Daily Telly same same Trump speaks. Ex President proclaimed shooters near miss a miracle.
Speaker 4: By god, I'm still here.
Speaker 1: The TiSER, same photo. The doctor said he never saw anything like it. He called it a miracle.
Speaker 4: Thank god. He's still in the game, Still.
Speaker 1: Sticking it to Deep State, Keep freaking out this establishment because the man's still standing.
Speaker 4: Touch not the Lord's anointed.
Speaker 2: I say we're going to go to a break, but when we come back, if you're thinking about visiting Barcelona, you need to know the locals don't like tourists too much.
Speaker 3: That's coming up with in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Welcome back now, calib I've been to Barcelona, wonderful city, had a great time there, but might not go there again.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I don't blame you, as the locals would call it Barthelon, but apparently they are so sick of the tourists coming into their town to i don't know, prop up the economy and provide jobs and actually make the place interesting. No, they're so sick of them taken over the joint that they're pulling out water pistols and rolling up to know ol fresco dining at restaurants and this sort of thing and shooting people in the face with water because they're so sick of the.
Speaker 6: Fact they're there.
Speaker 5: I mean, you thought it was bad enough for Donald Trump having his ears shot off. These tourists over in Spain being shot as you can see there.
Speaker 6: With order pistols because they don't want him there no more.
Speaker 5: Here's one of the locals talking about, we want our town back.
Speaker 8: The last years the city house turned completely for a tourists, and what we want is a city for citizens.
Speaker 6: I'm not in serious of stories. I mean, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: They're literally pulling up crimes tapes so they can't go.
Speaker 6: And don't they know that tourists keep the economy at floats.
Speaker 4: Take a leaf out of the book of the Parisians.
Speaker 1: Just be so rude to all the tourists.
Speaker 4: The tourists want to leave and get out of there.
Speaker 1: To some hilarious headlines mocked up by the Babylon b which is a satire basically self made news agency.
Speaker 4: After the CNN put out headlines that.
Speaker 1: Read secret service rushes Trump off stage, as he falls at rally.
Speaker 4: He wasn't falling, he ducked.
Speaker 1: Another One of the CNN's headlines read Trump injured in incident at rally.
Speaker 4: Well, the Babylon Be thought that they'd join in the fun since CNN is getting all.
Speaker 1: Of it at the moment, so get up a few quippy ones of their own. They read Lincoln nods off at play. This is how they say the CNN reported these famous assassinations.
Speaker 4: Then there's Caesar injured in a group hug. It was meant in love. It just went horribly wrong. JFK startled quite.
Speaker 1: Loud popping noises, so startled he died, unfortunately, and last but not least, move fast A slips during rock climbing excursion from the famous The Lion King cartoon movie.
Speaker 4: Of course, I just love this.
Speaker 1: These guys keep taking the mick out of the mainstream media and it's glorious.
Speaker 4: Everyone loves it.
Speaker 1: More people follow the Babylon b i'd say at this stage than CNN itself.
Speaker 5: I can't remember whether it was the Babylon Bee or the Buttuda Advocate, but one of them I saw the other day said that they would just start reporting Iden's quotes verbatim, because that they literally could not do any.
Speaker 6: Better and he could do.
Speaker 5: And it is at a time like this, I'm so glad that, even at a time when you've literally just had a former president shot at that we can have some fun with it, because, by god, if you couldn't laugh at all this stuff, you'd cry.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, that's it from us, Thanks for joining us, but stick around.
Speaker 3: Coming up right now is The Reja Penehy Show.