Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all.
Speaker 2: Right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral not Plus we.
Speaker 2: Talk a lot about ourselves too. Coming up on this episode. It's a good one.
Speaker 1: Oh if we ray one, and I've got a bone to pick with someone that has approached my nan in real life and said something that they've heard in the pod. And excuse me, what we say in the pod stays in the pod.
Speaker 2: Plus, if there are any straight men listening, I have a very important message for you, so stick around to hear about it.
Speaker 1: And we have a really women heavy, Yes, women heavy, We're all about the women. Today's got the.
Speaker 2: Women today and I for one, I'm loving that. Plus I crash my car, deal me in dog let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew, good morning.
Speaker 2: You know what I realized as well this morning? What I realized that you're like the only person in the world that causing me Matthew.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't call you Matthew ever, but I just started on this pod and now like that's like that's the only time I call you, Matthew. Yeah, it's when I say good morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I've come in today, would you say I'm in a good mood today?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's the go Gibo?
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you about my morning. What I got up. I thought, let's got an over. I thought, you know, I'll get myself a blueberry ice matcher with the cold pham because you know that's my favorite. But yeah, I rarely have it because I feel like if I have it every day then it'll ruin. You know, you don't want to have it too often.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've been having Kansa V for the last two years straight and I still haven't gotten over it.
Speaker 2: True, although the Kansa V do give you energy, so you may be addicted to the energy. Yeah, way, you know that's a good point.
Speaker 1: It's probably an addiction.
Speaker 2: I feel like if the blueberry ice match. I just if I had it every day, it would lose its spark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon to match. It is like a treat kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: And it is for eleven dollars fucking fifty. Oh my god, I know, but it's amazing.
Speaker 1: I need to put my prices up.
Speaker 2: And so this is for a cafe in like the middle of the CBD though here in Sydney, so it's not New Week anyway, got my blueberry eyes match. I'm in a great mood. It's Monday. Let's rock and roll. Get in the car. Crash it. About five minutes later.
Speaker 1: You did not? You did not?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then I just thought to myself, you know what, I can't be.
Speaker 1: Wait wait what kind of crash?
Speaker 2: Crashed into a wall?
Speaker 1: Did you do damage to your car?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? So you know what's funny is I was just thinking, how good's my mental health that that can happen? And I can go, say, Larva, let's fucking rock and roll. And I've come in and it has not affected my mood.
Speaker 1: One of those fucking things, isn't it like it's all about your mentality? I will say this morning as well. When I got here, I fully scraped the gutter with my mag whatever you want to call it. Rim, I don't know, check the planets, yeah down, Oh well fuck it.
Speaker 2: So my situation was, I'm in the middle of the car spot had two walls on either side, and when I backed into it, I was like, oh my god, this is tiny, Like I don't know if I'm going to fit in here, but I did, and I was like, okay, lovely, And as I drove that, I've forgotten that the two walls were there. Oh, I've just turned straight into the fucking wall.
Speaker 3: And I will say, I don't know what but when I did it, the reason I just went, fuck, I'll just keep driving is one, there are a lot of other people in the car parks, obviously bars.
Speaker 2: But two, it didn't sound that bad from inside the car, like I kind of went like I had stuff in my boot and I heard it fly from one side of the car to the other. But apart from that, the actual like impact, I went, oh, I wasn't even that bad. So I've then driven here to Nova and then I got out of the car and I checked the damage. I made a little video about it too, and I checked the damage and I went now, it's not that bad. Actually it's not that bad, but it looks fucking hideous. It'll buff out. So anyway, if you thought you were having things, if you thought you were having a bad week, anyone, surely it's not as bad as mine.
Speaker 1: There's no point in crying over spilt milk.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: It's already spilt.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, You're an icon for that, and it feels good. It feels good. But anyway, so my Monday off to a rough start, but I'm not letting it affect my mood for this week. That is my That's my little message to all our scrollers. If something shitty's happened to you, don't let it impact your entire day or your entire week. Let's just fucking get over it and move on because life's short. Anyway. What have you been up to this week?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been away for like the last week. As everyone would have seen, we did our fate model search and that's all done. I had one day in like, what is wrong with me?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We will wait all week and then Saturday came around, my first day to rest. Went out for a massive long lunch, didn't I went into the night. Fuck me. But anyway, yesterday I just had a rest and chill and lay in bed day. And now I'm back in Sydney sitting here with you. And you want to know what Matt last week? In last week's episode, If everyone listened, which I'm sure they absolutely did, I spoke about how I did my voice demo.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I got it back.
Speaker 3: Oh good?
Speaker 2: Can I listen to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I want you to judge me on my voice acting skills and to give context in case anyone forgot or you don't know. For the longest time, I have wanted to do voice acting work. And I'll actually tell you a dream of mine that I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to make a reality, But it would be a dream to be the voice of an animation. Yeah, Like, wouldn't that be the coolest fucking job ever, like a Bluie or Disney movie, Like imagine voicing a character like that would be a dream of mine. But that's a big fucking dream. And by the way, I'm going to leave you all with a little quote as well, just to tie into that. Stop treating your goals like a wish list instead of a to do list.
Speaker 2: Shit, all right? Whoa.
Speaker 1: So you know how everyone writes their goals and like you might do it at the start of the year. Don't treat it like a wish list, like you hope one day make it to do list and actually take actionable steps to achieve those goals. Your goals are a to do list, not a wish list.
Speaker 2: Like you're a fucking oracle.
Speaker 3: This way, what therapy is a motivational pot.
Speaker 2: I've gone match car crash therapy. Let's go. That's the title of the episode.
Speaker 1: Hannahs Okay, I want to show you my demo and you've got to put the headphones in because I want you to really hear it. And look, this is just a fun little hobby. Hannah's been saying to me this morning. How the fuck do you have time to do this? Like another side quest? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me now, Matt, Oh, this is so crazy?
Speaker 1: I mean surround sound Okay, Well, I'm just going to play it and like it's two minutes long, so we don't have to listen to the whole thing, but I just want to munthet and sons just walk past by the way in the studio. Nice I just want to show you you can judge my talents and all of these ads are not real. They're made up, but they're made to sound real. Okay, so here we go. Well, I'll play the intro bit, but you can just cut it out.
Speaker 2: If you want. Hannah, I'm gonna close my eyes.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hi, I'm Britney Saunders and welcome to my voice demo. Now I'm a little bit of an og Australian influencer. I think I was influencing before that word was even a thing. And it was all because I discovered this website in high school called YouTube and thought I'm going to give that a go. Now, my career has evolved a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not even putting on a voice right now, right, You're not putting on voice in it. Why are you giving husky sexy woman? I'm getting dominate. I'm getting a bit of a husky nurse.
Speaker 1: Well this was the day before I fell really sick, so I think it was coming on in my voice and I didn't know. But the day after this is when I'll die. Oh okay, yeah, okay, let's get into it. For the last decade, I've kind of stepped away from influencing and I'm now in the e commerce space and i own a women's fashion brand. But today I'm here in the studio, So this is my demo.
Speaker 4: Big ideas don't come easy, but when you get one, use that moment of clarity to create a new reality, to turn your past time into your full time.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Please scan your first item. Welcome to the sim's new era. We're your choices. Shape the world like never before, Create, explore, live your wildest dreams. From cozy neighborhoods to bustling cities. Every sim, every story is uniquely yours. Respected item in the bagging area. You know that feeling when you open your wardrobe stare at a hundred things and still have nothing to wear. Yeah, we're done with that. Meet fake the label less, size inclusive fashion. We're talking dreamy fabrics, perfect fits and styles that make getting dressed the easiest part of your day, from crunch to boardroom, day, night to weekend vibes. Faith has something for every occasion. Please add Brittany to cart.
Speaker 4: With a little help from nature, we've created a new range of pleas.
Speaker 1: This is me pure goodness.
Speaker 4: Please wait for assistance at Fahalia we know a healthy gut means a happy youth.
Speaker 1: Our deliciously creamy probiotic yogurt is proven to naturally boost digestion and immunity. Fahlia, get gut happy. You're still listening to this demo, feel the magic of an epic.
Speaker 2: Sunrise that's not even you, that's not you, and see.
Speaker 1: You firsthand the biodynamic process anyway, keeps fucking process, yeah, because we're trying different accents.
Speaker 2: When have you ever said process in your life?
Speaker 1: Because that was like a soft English accent. Now do you see why I want to do voice work.
Speaker 2: That's actually insane? Although I will say it was an absolute nightmare listening to that, Like the amount of fucking beeps and whistles and songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's the whole point of a demo. It's just show like how you could be in different ads.
Speaker 2: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's why I want to do voice work, because I feel like I've got a talent.
Speaker 2: You didn't even sound like you in half of those. Also, my favorite one was the Fate ad. The fake Fate ads. Yes, so fun.
Speaker 1: Catch it on the radio soon. So anyway, that's my demo if anyone out there, wants to book me, hit me up.
Speaker 2: I can't get over the huskiness in your voice. That was like so funny. I was like, this is not I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I think when you're in like the studio and like.
Speaker 2: It was like no boguanness to your voice.
Speaker 1: Well, they were telling me like I said that I needed to get rid of Aussie twang, and then I said that was your fault. So I was really trying to get in the zone. But that's so fucking cool. Even if I don't ever book a job, like I'm just so that's the coolest thing ever. Anyway, book me someone.
Speaker 2: Well, you also said, while we're updating people on things that happened in last week's episode, Remember I was saying about the flight attendants. Yes, yes, yes, what happened that research.
Speaker 1: Find my research was And again, if anyone missed the episode last week, do you want to just give them a quick recap on like what happened.
Speaker 2: So we learned that flight attendants when they are asking you hello, when they're saying hello this at the front of a I'm resetting.
Speaker 1: When they say hello at the front of their plane.
Speaker 2: When you when you, when you, when you yeah, when they say hello when you bought the flight. They're not just saying hello for customer service purposes, they're also trying to determine whether you're sick or drunk. And I have noticed since learning that or thinking about it, that I do get quite an intense stare from a flight attendant saying hello.
Speaker 1: So I went into all of our flights last week thinking of you and me, like they're gonna look at me, And yeah, a lot of them do. But also I noticed a lot of the time they're very distracted by like someone working behind them or whatever. They're like, oh, hello, So it wasn't as intense as I thought. Okay, but that maybe they were busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'll tell you something.
Speaker 1: Else that I always think about flights, like, especially like because we're in Newcastle, everywhere is like an hour, like an hour to Brisbane, fifty minutes to the Gold Coast, an hour to Melbourne, like because we're right in the middle, and it always flows my mind, like I understand that it's the way that flights make money is by doing the food and drink service, but don't you think it's hilarious? And I don't know if I've said this on the pod before. How we catch a one hour flight and we can't just be fine for an hour, like you will go, yep, I'll have a drink and a whole fucking meal in an hour. But then I'll drive two hours to Sydney and I'm fine the whole way. I don't need a drink, I don't need a toasty But in a one hour flight, it's like we're incapable of just not having any food and beverages.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, like for me, I'm going, well, I've spent money on the ticket, so I better get me free coffee.
Speaker 1: And the thing that I love about Quantus is how you get the free snack and any free drink. Yeah, but they're the only ones that do that. Like if you fly with Virgin and jet Star, you gotta pay for any drink or maybe not cup of water, but any drink and snack you have to pay. But then like we went on one Quantus flight and like I got a red wine it was free, and they give you like a little pizza thing for free.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Nice.
Speaker 1: So I quite like Quantus for that reason, But I also find it weird that we like so desperately need a bite to eat within an hour flight.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not eating, but I'm definitely taking a drink off the drink trolley. Yeah, virgin you get water, tea or coffee for free, for free. Yeah, they used to do juice as well, did they. Yeah, cost of living hitting hard clearly.
Speaker 1: I've been loving a red wine on a night flight and because every night we flew, so I was just smashing the reds.
Speaker 2: I haven't I still haven't tried a red Yeah, I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you what's interesting. Here we go like I feel like we all start on like cruisers, and then we go to like mescado, like you start with the sweet wine. I then think, actually the next step should be red from muscado, because white wine is very polarizing. Like I feel like it's very like, you know, it's white wine, Like it's really bold and it's not like sweet and software as I find red. Yeah, it's warm, but it's sweeter, is it?
Speaker 2: So I get quite a bitter taste from the reds that.
Speaker 1: I tried bitter, but I think white wine is even more like tangy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like to start drinking red you need to go out for a really nice dinner, maybe at like a steak restaurant or something, and like have delicious meats, compair it with a red and then you just like sip on it slowly and just compliments the food.
Speaker 2: So well, we'll go out to dinner, then we'll go to rock Pool.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm still fucking doing that anyway. That's my week last week.
Speaker 2: Nice, We've been productive. You know, You've been all over the country doing all these amazing things, and I've crashed my cart. Please be upstanding for the Royal Flush. Well, you know what, this is actually good. We were just talking about like flying, and I think we should continue with that. I guess notion, because I have a new I have a Royal Flush. It's time for our Royal Flush? Has the intro already played? Hannah? Thank you? Okay, my Royal Flush is actually an account from a pilot.
Speaker 1: This girl. Yeah, I saw it yesterday too.
Speaker 2: Na Shelby Shelby. What Ham I think is how you would pronounce her name and or Watham. I don't know them. What Ham I don't know her name? Shelby. You've you may have seen her on TikTok recently.
Speaker 1: Like a video popped off on the weekend.
Speaker 2: No, it is so interesting. She made this video. She was flying, she's pilot, obviously, flying from Brisbane to Osaka, and she gets a flight brief on this little iPad and she basically just goes through the entire flight brief that pilots need to look at before they fly. The video is five minutes long, and I was locked in listening to this on one time speed, not even two times speed. So we could speed it up because I was getting video.
Speaker 1: I was currently at four hundred and ninety thousand views.
Speaker 2: The language in the video, I've got no fucking clue what she's saying.
Speaker 1: She's going to do row eight and then going up to level three, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I listened to the whole thing like I knew exactly what she was. It was mesmerizing. Let me play a little bit for you.
Speaker 5: I think below the minimums. I don't think the lowest visibility on the Prop thirty tempo is one kbiz and a broken cloud at six hundred feet. So again it's Prop thirty tenpo, so we'd be able.
Speaker 1: To wait that out.
Speaker 5: And that's if it eventuates because it's PROP thirty and as we got the other airports along the way, there's a lot, so I won't get into all of them. There's no sigaettes well kind of activity. We've always got a sixty nine a mile exclusion zone for fly planning around Madam the volcano Madam. So same old, same old.
Speaker 1: And then you know what, I just want to say fuck off to some of the people commenting on it, like one of the top comments, this is why a lot of jet staff flots get canceled or delayed when we have young gen zs too busy making tiktoks. Fuck off user eight nine two one oh five. Of course you have no fucking us name and no profile. She wrote back and said, if you listened, I was at work early and we departed early today, like she was sitting in the car before work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck off. Yeah. She actually made another video as well, saying that like other people in her industry have been sharing her tiktoks to one another, like laughing at her, and I'm like, well, you know what, Shelby was that her name? Yeah, Shelby, You're my fucking royal flush of the week bitch, And that is sorry. I shouldn't call you a bitch. I don't even know you. That was a term of endearment. I'm gay, but Shelby, you're my Royal Flush of the Week, and that is one of the highest honors. In fact, there needs to be a regot. Okay, you've got egot, You've got the Royal Flash, we've got regot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're a Royal flush, Royal flush.
Speaker 2: And then whatever the fuck egot stands for.
Speaker 1: I just love to see women in male dominate. Yeah, that's what I want to say to you, Shelby. Have you seen that trend? And it's like, what was your act of micro feminism? Blah blah blah, Like hers could just be like making this content and pissing off men that she's a fucking pilot.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I want to say something, but I think it's an even token the wrong way. What I'm want to say this and then you can cut this out of the podcast. If no, I can't say it, well, actually, you know what, it's got nothing to do with Let me let me gather my thoughts. I want to say basically, like I was like, this is really like I think I was enjoying myself because it was smart content. Yeah, like she's smart and I loved watching it because she's smart and she knows what because we My for you page is just full of people get ready with me for the Formula one. I don't give a shit, you know what I mean, like like put non makeup, going, oh my god, I dress didn't arrive in time. So like, I think I was so enthralled with her because she's so smart. I'm not saying everyone else is dumb.
Speaker 1: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I think people are going to take what I'm saying and go, oh my god, that's misogynistic. But also it goes for everyone. There's dumb male content out there as well that I'm consuming every day. Men standing there in gray sweatpants dance into songs with a fucking dildo in their pants because we know it's not real, Like seriously, you're not that big, darling, And to have that come on my for you page, I think that's what was so enthralling was the fact that she is smart. I feel we don't see many of that.
Speaker 1: And I saw over the weekend too. I don't know what specific video it was, but it was just a video in general about like the typical influences and seeing them go get a mucher and go shopping, and like it was something along the lines of like a people ever gonna have enough of seeing an influencer do their day in the life, like going to get a marcher kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it's about what's around it, mm because like for me, I never watch anyone's videos of going to get a match because that's boring. But I think, like when I go and do it, it's funny because of what's happening around it. Like if you've got no personality, sure, but I think people aren't watching me to see what I'm doing in the vlow.
Speaker 1: No, they're watching for your personality, right, So.
Speaker 2: I think if you've got a personality, you will always have someone who.
Speaker 1: Wants you can make and getting a much are really entertaining, right. Well, this actually kind of leads into my royal flush speaking of influencers and posting about lavish lifestyles. There is a neo baby that I am followed. Well I don't know if I'm actually following her, but she's been just showing up for me every single day. By the way, if I could do my life over again. I would love to be a NEPO baby, just saying, you know, like I know, there's a lot of negativity around you.
Speaker 2: Like, let me tell you, we all would like people go.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh Hailey Beaver is a neo baby, you know what I wish I.
Speaker 2: Was as well. And the other thing is going back to like the influencers who do just spend their day like I mean, the big ones with millions and millions of followers who do just spend their day shopping and getting a match up and getting millions of dollars. We all fucking would exactly right, goals. Baby is absolutely jealous math too for a chet So yeah, who is this though? Because it may be someone who's come off of my for you page and she was almost my second royal flash, So show me who is it.
Speaker 1: It's Beca bloom Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know her name. Show You'll have to show me. Yes, yes, yes, she means show.
Speaker 1: Up for you too, Hannah, I have said, so, I don't know her full backstory, but I have a feeling that she has only just recently started posting on TikTok. Yes she's already got four hundred thousand followers, And she just popped up on my for you page one day her house, like in the background of her outfit of the day, which is her HERMEZ outfit of the day.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: No, I saw her.
Speaker 2: Egg cut Yes, the egg of cutlery. The egg of cutlery was two thy, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, this girl is beyond rich, like she is generational wealth vibes fucking the NEPO baby of all NEPO babies.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: But and like every outfit she wears his head to toe designer, Like I'm talking, the dress would be twenty thousand dollars, like every she's got, every Kelly and Burkan, which, by the way, Burken's are fucking hideous. Really do you get a Burken bag? Is nice?
Speaker 2: I don't mind them, Just just this classic black Burken.
Speaker 1: Though so basic, like for this out of reach thing that you have to get invited to get. Yeah, like really, like that's it, like it's playing.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I don't know. I do love a Kelly, though, I like a Kelly more than a Burken, just because I think it's a little more chic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just very clever of fucking Hermes or however you say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say her fashion though, is quite I feel. I mean she is. She lives in breathe breathes like rich, but classy rich.
Speaker 1: She's like classy rich.
Speaker 2: She's not like it's and it's not like people get a bit of money and then suddenly they're decked out in all designer logos and stuff like you wouldn't know her outfit is hermes unless.
Speaker 1: She No, Yeah, her outfits are like Plaine. She's not wearing the logos. It's like classy rich.
Speaker 2: And she's Did you see the video of her trying on her wedding necklace? No, that's the first video I saw. It's like a Van Cleef kind of She's just that type of rich that's like so out of touch, but in the best way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she comes across as very sweet. And it's even in her comments people are saying, I like that you're like a billionaire like her mum and dad are very successful. I read in the comments somewhere like who are mum and dad are? They're both in like tech or I don't know, but people in the comments are saying like, I love that you're rich, but not rubbing it in our faces, like, okay, poor people, this is how I live today.
Speaker 2: Like she just.
Speaker 1: Seems very sweet and I don't know what it is about her, but anytime her video pops up, I just watched the whole thing, even though I can't relate to anything that she's talking about or the way that she's living. And she even talks about how in one video I've watched it a while ago now, but how she would only ever date someone on her level, which I think is a really quite ballsy thing to say. But she was talking about because she's got this fiance and he keeps buying her all these really expensive gifts. But she was saying how she was conscious of only ever dating someone on her level financially because she didn't want someone to come in and try and use her for her family's money. But she just said it in a way that was so okay for her to say, Whereas I feel like, you know, if a rich influencer was to say I'm not going to date nobody, then like people would be like, how dare you say that? But the way that she says, I don't know, maybe it's because she's so rich he can get away with saying it. But I've just really enjoyed her content popping up in my for you page. She's like a Disney princess, like living in a castle. She's just really intriguing, and I'm like, fuck, imagine just being born into that amount of wealth where wearing a one hundred thousand dollars outfit on a day to day is like the norm for you.
Speaker 2: Crazy but also goals. And I love that she was Almostroyl flush as well, specifically the try on of the necklace, because I thought she's like she was like humbly out of touch, if humbly is a word, yeah, being humble about it. But she was like, I have this Van Cleef one of a kind diamond necklace for my wedding and I haven't even tried it on yet, so let's try it on together.
Speaker 1: She hasn't even tried it on, just sitting at home.
Speaker 2: It's like an exclusive Van Cleef piece that she got off the runway or something. It was like only on the runway and then given to her or something. And I was like, Okay, that is the most out of touch thing I've ever heard. But why is it okay for you to say that? That is so interesting? What good points. God were good. I know, why do people listen to other podcasts?
Speaker 1: Like, seriously, everyone needs to listen high scrollers.
Speaker 2: Now, I just want to watch her videos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for Valentine's Date necklace was seventy thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Her Valentine's Day necklace was seventy grand that he got for her and she just so you need to go and watch her page. It's Becker x Bloom. She just is so nonchalant about everything. But it's like she can get away with it. But if it was like I don't know, Kim Kardashian's kid flaunting their wealth that way, I feel like they would get hate. I don't know what it is, just the way she delivers her message. She just comes across really sweet.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's deep diver into deep diver. Let's dive deepas sorry into this deep diver. Let's deep diver because I think, hmmm, I think it's because she can't help that.
Speaker 1: She's rich, Like she's just born into that.
Speaker 2: She's born into it, so she has done nothing in her life.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't that go for every rich kid if their parents are the wealthy ones.
Speaker 2: But like people oh yeah, sorry, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like all the Kardashians kids that they're that rich. Yeah, you're right, but then why does Northwest cop hate?
Speaker 2: Well, then, I think because like because.
Speaker 1: Kim's more controversial.
Speaker 2: Do we not know much about the.
Speaker 1: We don't know anything about the parents. Apparently they're like very off social media private, Like I think she doesn't even want much information about them to be out there. But TikTok's been doing digging.
Speaker 2: Okay, wonder if Becca Bloom's her actual name, because surely we could go Google girl and figure out who the parents are, especially if she's not married yet. I think her name might be Beca. But then, like Bloom is like a fun Maybe she just really loves the movie It ends with us, and she's given herself an.
Speaker 1: Alias here I've got Reddit.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Someone said I met her at Target a few years ago. I was struggling. She helped me pay for my groceries. That's nice.
Speaker 1: Her parents are actual billionaires but extremely private. Simon Yiming Mah is her dad. Someone also found their wedding website on Zola. Rebecca mar and David Pownall. Her dad founded a business CIS, headquartered in China that was made private in twenty fourteen the how she films in his her parents and he purchased it for thirteen million and twenty fifteen, I find her found her parents Simon Yiming Mah and Heidi Chow Chew. So I'm fully butchering that they were or are chairman, CEO and president of Camelot Information Systems based out of Beijing, which they founded allegedly.
Speaker 2: We're getting all of this information from Reddit, so who knows.
Speaker 1: Someone commented she's super tacky?
Speaker 3: Is she?
Speaker 2: I don't think she's tacky at all.
Speaker 1: I think she's classy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think she's tacky. In the slab, I.
Speaker 1: Said, I know gross. Everything is a luxury brand, which tells me she's not that rich or classy. Oh fuckt She is clearly fucking rich with the house she's making her tiktoks in people fucking love to hate, don't they shut up? Like if you were her, you would be the same bitch, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Which tells me she's not that rich. She had the chopsticks that she ate her fucking breakfast or dinner if we're two and a half thousand dollar six.
Speaker 1: Like everything is so expensive, but like I kind of get it. Because you imagine having parents that are that rich, or imagine just being that rich. Of course you're going to start buying stupid shit like two and a half thousand dollar chopsies, because what else you gotta spend your money on.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think surely she's got she's invested a lot. And I think if your parents, if she's like I don't know if they've bought the house for her, or if they all live in the house together.
Speaker 1: Still, well it's big enough that they've probably all got their own mansion within them. Absolute and you know what that I say, royal flush and goals. Yeah, you know, like when you say, if you could swap anyone lives with anyone for a day, who would be a NEPO baby where I never have to fucking lift a finger? That is my life goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I'm also like, you know, I'm ready to be a lazy influencer, those influences that we're talking about who just like go and get a match out and crash their car, and.
Speaker 1: Anyone would anyone would do the same, like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, the ones who are just like go shopping and do nothing. Like we've already spoken before on the podcast about how you know. I love being a hustler. I'm a bit of a work hoolic. I love it. But to just do nothing, Yeah, I don't know how I'll make money. That's the thing. I don't know how these they make money must be discount codes, surely affiliates affiliates, and then probably not disclosing their ads because I look at their content. I go, how you make the money because all you do is shop all day? But I think I'm destined for that this year.
Speaker 1: I think I'm destined to be born into another family.
Speaker 2: I for one fucking love us, Yes, I love us. We don't even take this seriously, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I talked about the pot on my story this morning, and I just said, if to put high scrollers in a nutshell, it's just Matt and I talk an absolute shit. Yeah, Like that's all I can describe this podcast as like, I can't describe it in any other way. Hannah's got a question. Oh, here we go. There it was watermelon trauma, then it was potatoes under the sink. What is it this week? I know you don't like people asking about like are you cana get married, gonna have kids? Blah, blah blah. But hypothetically, if you and AJ had a child, would it be a fake NEPO baby. Well, if fate was still successful by that point, maybe you know what I mean. Okay, what I want to know is, if we're going to continue this conversation, how rich does someone have to be for your kid to be a NEPO baby. We need to google that, Hannah, Yeah, go google what does the wealth of the parents have to be for a child to be considered a neo baby?
Speaker 2: But I think nepo baby actually just means that they get opportunities from their parents, Yeah, like in any type of way. It doesn't actually have to do anything with money. So it says the term nepo baby refers to someone whose career success is to believe to be largely due to their parents' connections and influence or money I guess, rather than solely their own talent. There isn't a specific threshold to be considered one. So you could be a NEPO baby even if you've got no money in the bank. But your dad's a lawyer and he got you a job at his law firm and you became a lawyer. Technically you're an EPO baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I guess celebrities just get thrown that name and then you think it's because of the money. Well, I guess then anyone could be a NEPO baby. Like if I had a kid and then I help them start a business and gave them all the connections, and sure, that could be a NEPO baby. But to me, like NEPO baby is the ones that don't fucking do any work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the terms being like yeah taken to just like celebs who get money from their parents.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: But you know, if you're where do you.
Speaker 1: Draw the line though, Let's say you are a parent and you do have a large amount of wealth, where do you draw the line with how much you spoil your kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah? See, I'm selfish in the way that I couldn't have a child, and I'd be like, fuck off, I'm not buying you anything. I don't want to spend my money on me. But if I had.
Speaker 1: So much got the money in the way be.
Speaker 2: Getting everything that you've seen those Northwest birthday parties, You can hold my shit because a birthday party, But like my child, if I had the disposable income, my child will get the fuck and well, you want to hire out all the Disneyland for your birthday? Shut it down? Well, shut it down, my child.
Speaker 1: I fear too, because my love language is gifts. I love buying a gift for anyone or just I love paying for dinner or paying for this round of cocktails. Like that is just my thing. So I feel like if I had a child, I would definitely do that a lot. But like that can have really bad outcome, thatt if you spoil your kids a little bit too much. Why because they can become spoiled brats and expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you just need to humble them, you know what I mean. Like, I feel like we're flying first class, darling, and come on, little six year old, little princess in a princess dress work, I'm a Disneyland. We're flying first class. But let me hold you hand while we walk through economy, and let me show you the people in economy and how saw their backs are and how they look so uncomfortable. You know, we're lying down in a bed, darling, But these people they don't get that. You know, you got to keep them humble, You got to show them. You got to show them what life could be like, you know, so I think I'd just be taking my little princess daughter through economy just to say, look how the other half live.
Speaker 1: Actually, speaking of kids, and if.
Speaker 2: You're a spoiled brat, next time you're flying in economy, you can be on the back.
Speaker 1: Actually, sorry TikTok last night. I know we're going on a million tangents, but it was this girl and she made a TikTok last night saying how is anyone actually becoming a parent now? With all of this fucking information out there about parenting.
Speaker 2: And the no and no money, Like, how are you boarding it?
Speaker 1: How we But her video was like I think she didn't have kids, and she's like I'm overwhelmed myself with all of the information out there now, Like there's more information out there about parenting than ever before. Like when our parents were young, they would have had books and like a parenting class that you would go to. But now because of the Internet and fucking all the keybold parents out there that love to give their opinion on how you should parent, Like, surely that in itself is overwhelming enough. Ye, gentle parenting, this parenting that parenting when you see an influencer have a kid and how everyone has to weigh in and tell you how to fucking parent, like that is overwhelming as far. Yeah, with all that information out there and they're like, oh, don't put that kid in that cop with the barriers on the side because you know. But then when we grew up, I had like a thousand stuff toys around me. Like there's so much information out there, I know, overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Also, when do you know what age your mum had you?
Speaker 1: Thirty one? Okay, she was older like back then.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I like, I was speaking to my friend yesterday and like her mum had her when she was twenty yeah, And I'm like, we're thirty. Can you imagine having a ten year old?
Speaker 1: No? But that's the crazy thing. AJ's mum was really young as well, Like she had her three boys by the time she was in her early twenties, huh. And so she's always saying to me, now, like when he's gonna have a kid, And I'm like, probably fucking never, And I'm like it's crazy that, yeah, she would have had her boys like kind of growing up at my age now, and I'm like me, I'm still a teenager.
Speaker 2: I can't remember when what when my mum had me. My mom, I think she was like twenty five. I'm like, so i'd have a five year old right now, Like, I can't imagine anything worse.
Speaker 1: My mom told me than having to.
Speaker 2: Take them to fucking school and get them dressed and they can't do their own hair or tie their shoelaces. You're doing all that for them, my mom.
Speaker 1: Told me again, just throwing her under the bus. Froot give a fuck. Which, by the way, Matt, we're in the middle of the pod, I can say this. I've obviously made some little comments about my mom on the pod, and I've made like one mention of her on my other podcast, but I didn't say an anything. Whoever the fuck it was. I don't know if it's anyone that listens to this podcast. Someone saw my nan in real life and went and asked her, and I said, are you kidding? So I don't know if it was one of you listening to this podcast. But when it comes to the shade that I throw, rightfully so and trust me, I could say a whole lot of fucking stuff about my family, but I don't. I keep it light and fun do not approach my nan in real life and ask her about the tea in my fucking family because do you know how confusing that is for a eighty something year old woman. And they said that they heard it on a podcast.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So if that was anyone listening to scrollers or big business, please don't put my nun in that situation. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Back to my mum, that's cookery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's absolutely fucked. And she just told me the other day, so I wanted to mention that my mom told me that she was thirty one, well thirty, and that was super old back in the day to have kids. But she met my dad and got pregnant with him straight away because she was like quick, he's good looking, and I'm getting really old. And then she told me kids fucked up her whole life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so getting really old at thirty one, by the way, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Back then that was considered super old. Now you've got people having kids all through their thirties, even closer to forty. Isn't funny how the times have changed.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I do feel like we talk about having kids on this podcast too much. Let's totally when I think about it, like half hour podcast episodes this year. I think we've mentioned like how much we don't want kids. Yeah, it was always seems to come up in conversation.
Speaker 1: I followed this other girl the other day too. If anyone wants another recommendation, let me see sought by followed latest. Her name's Danny Duncan. I don't know if you've ever seen her pop up, Matt.
Speaker 2: I'm more of a facial per I don't think so.
Speaker 1: She is child free by choice, and her whole page is kind of talking about like choosing to not have kids in all about her life and just kind of like normalizing the conversation.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine the comments.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she gets roasted, but she also has a lot of supporters, like she's got one hundred and twenty four thousand followers, and I love and seeing her content too.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: So shout out to you, Danny.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know why? I just realized what every fucking royal flush and everyone we've mentioned today is a woman.
Speaker 1: And what's that saying?
Speaker 2: And what a fucking beautiful thing. Yeah, both our royal flush flushes were women who are fucking killing it. Yes, And then everyone else we keep mentioning.
Speaker 1: Yep, where's the men? When do we ever talk about?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 3: Gives a ship where the men are boring, boring, crushing their cards.
Speaker 2: That's what's happening.
Speaker 3: The men are out crushing their cards, putting dildos in their pants.
Speaker 1: Well, I've loved this episode Matt podcast, so.
Speaker 2: Good, but it's actually so far do you know me?
Speaker 1: Can everyone do us a favor? Like, obviously you're all still listening because we are that entertaining and engaging that we have you for the whole pod. I want to put an assignment out for everyone that's listening. Go today and tell a friend to listen to High Scrollers. Even pick an episode and send them the link. It could be this one. Please do us a solid, and we're going old school marketing.
Speaker 2: Refer a friend, Refer a friend, and we wouldn't even be mad if you accidentally looped in everyone from your company and send a company wide email.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, everyone, just do us as solid. Way out here to the post in our videos trying to tell everyone on my story to come and listen, could you all just do us a solid? Tell one friend. If all of you told one friend, we'd have a whole lot of new listeners. Hannah would maybe get a bonus or a pay rise. I don't know, or would we because yeah, maybe we would too, But I just think at this point like there's no better pod.
Speaker 2: Agree, don't tell any men I reckon, Yeah, just just the girls. It's just this is just for the girls, the gays, and the days yep, because I think men would listen to this podcast and think we're being serious half the time, and just it'd go over their heads, the poor fucking things. Do we have any Do we have any straight men who listen to the podcast? I would love to hear from you as pastime broadcast you enjoy, because and I don't want to set any of the straight men who do listen to high scrollers. I swear to god, there'd be three sure I reckon and they've accidentally stumbled across it and now it plays automatically after you know, the Spotify DJ is just accidentally putting the podcast on sometimes. But I would like to hear from the straight man if you do, because because when I talk, I talk with the mindset that this is going to the girls, gays and days.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Because when I used to make YouTube videos, you might feel this way as well, even though my analytics tell me twenty percent of my following is America, ten percent from the UK, few in India, few in wherever the fuck else in the world.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: I talk as if I'm chatting to Australians. Yeah, That's how I've always when I make my when I was making my videos, I chat like I'm talking to Australians. And here I feel like the demographic the people I feel like I'm talking to or who are listening into our unhinged conversations are the girls, gays, and days me too.
Speaker 1: So I have a few, like more straight male followers than you would think, And I think it's because they're like business owners and they like when I post the business y sort of stuff. Okay, true, And I've had like a few people reach out being like I love your content, I love your pots. So maybe they also crossed over and listen to high scrollers as well. Okay, yeah, but I never talk as if though I'm talking to men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by all means, I want to point out if you are a straight man who listens to high squirrellers. We love having wellcases for everyone. But I just kind of forgot you existed for a second. So if you are a straight man that's a fan of the.
Speaker 1: Show makers, make yourself known to us.
Speaker 2: Maybe their girlfriend has been listening and it's been exposure therapy.
Speaker 1: Well that's the other hoo too. Actually, when people watch my stories when I do them at night, they always say, like, my husband is like, is that their brittany girl? Again, Like they learn the voice even though they're not directly watching and engaging. So shout out to all the husbands.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I get girls send me videos of their husbands on the lounge watching my stories being like, okay, so I've been watching your stories obviously every day, and now my husband has to check in on what you're doing, and I'm like, I love this. Hello anyway, straight man, welcome. You're so brave for being here. Please let us know send us an email anyway, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: That's another episode done in dust.
Speaker 2: Sure is love your longtime scrollers rate us you fuck off? You know what to do? Anyway? Duh? Better let you go. You gotta go call the NRMA fix me car fuck come out.