Speaker 1: To comply with Spotify's AI enforcement of copyright law. Parts of this podcast have been modified or removed. For the full experience, please listen live on over one hundred or live stream at nov fm dot com dot a US.
Speaker 2: Lauren on one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everybody, and welcome you. A Wednesday morning morning. Clinton Mood today.
Speaker 4: Four A playful mood, playful move, playful mood.
Speaker 2: Where were you last night?
Speaker 4: Thanks for the question, Lauren, Welcome. It's a very important question.
Speaker 3: I was at the Australian Football Media Awards.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's right and hitting Zone. Did you win?
Speaker 4: Otherwise known as the AFMAS, Come on, wouldn't.
Speaker 3: It's a gathering.
Speaker 4: It's a gathering of footy journals, footy's finest journals under one route, all chasing a story.
Speaker 2: Who cleaned up? Who took all the award time?
Speaker 3: There's a real Caroline Wilson.
Speaker 4: Caroline Wilson was there, had a great chat to Carrow. I love Carrow. She's just a delightful person.
Speaker 3: Who cleaned up.
Speaker 4: There was all the Herald's son and all those types.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, we didn't win.
Speaker 2: Was it a wonderful evening?
Speaker 3: Oh fantastic? Really? Really sorry? I'm over him. Morning. Robert Redford, Okay, I heard in your news, yes, eighty nine years of age.
Speaker 2: What was Robert Redford famous?
Speaker 3: Rest in Peace? I didn't. I didn't recognize some of the movies you said. I'm just telling me to look through the back.
Speaker 2: I don't know any Robert Redford films. I've never seen one spy game.
Speaker 3: With Brad Pitt. He was in Avengers, wasn't he? I believe so? Yes.
Speaker 4: He was also in All the Presidents Men.
Speaker 3: I believe so. Yep, I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 2: You just read it in the news.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's well, that's.
Speaker 2: Very sad news. Fans of Robert red not appreciative of his background.
Speaker 3: I am. I am like, he's a very good, very good actor.
Speaker 2: You don't know any of his movies.
Speaker 3: I no Spike Ga. I feel I thought i'd seen him in more, but I don't recognize the back catalog.
Speaker 2: No his name. I don't think I would have picked him in a lineup. I don't know anything about Robert Redford.
Speaker 3: Really, have you seen a photo? I reckon you.
Speaker 2: Recognize this morning when I woke up and I was like, I don't know who that is?
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah, Philip were in that when that patch were all the actors that we were watching in movies growing up. You know, are we getting old ourselves?
Speaker 2: No, No, eighty nine is still very young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I reckon do. I's young. Yeah, eighty nine's like for fair.
Speaker 2: Age.
Speaker 3: No, but I mean like like in this day and age. Eighty nine is not what he used to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, he's not young.
Speaker 3: Betty White lived till she was two hundred. Oh she did, to you, she did. She were great, She looked amazing. She was still with it right to the end. Did she make a hundred? Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty sure did she Yeah, she didn't look one hundred, buddy, else she looked good. Valet, Betty, what ballet?
Speaker 2: Not Valets? Not Valet Parking, balt.
Speaker 3: Here she comes via Valet creditings.
Speaker 2: She's ninety nine years old when she went, Betty, she went to Valet Parking at nine.
Speaker 3: Only the best view. Can we get a car wash on the way out?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I hate how they try to do that. Hey, guys, we started a tradition last Wednesday. Are we sticking with it?
Speaker 2: We're halfway there, Melbourne, Yes, we are halfway through the week. Well, done.
Speaker 3: Sorry to celebrate Every Wednesday morning it's bon Jovi living on a prayer halfway through the wak Hey Huge show coming up today. Your chance to win invites to our Grand Final bra first Mason Cox is in after eight o'clock ahead of the Giant Pie's prelim and you can win your weigh there as well. Eleven on a prayer, our Wednesday morning tradition. Just to mark halfway there, Melbourne, you are listening to Ober one hundred. We're doing it thanks to our mates at Shell already express. Have you heard the smartlest episode John my Joby It's a goodie, is it? Yeah? Solid? Are you on board that?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 2: No, But I listen occasionally. I feel like you listen to them every where. Do you like wait till they dropped and get on it straight away?
Speaker 3: Yeah, although some of them I don't. I don't recognize the slabs.
Speaker 2: When you listen to it. I feel like I don't have time. I put them on occasionally in the car, Yeah, fifteen minutes and I'm like, no, I've forgotten about it the next time I get in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know when. I don't know when people have time to listen to all these.
Speaker 3: Don't listen to it now, No, no, no, listen to us. Yes, it's not worth it's not.
Speaker 4: You must listen to it on your walkman, as you're walking there. Yes, Albert Park Lake.
Speaker 2: Yes, but then you would have heard exactly zero episodes.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have those head walked Albert Park Lake?
Speaker 3: Yes? I have.
Speaker 2: Actually, did you enjoy it?
Speaker 4: It's quite it's deceivingly yeah.
Speaker 3: I took the boys on their scooters and halfway around you could see their face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a long way.
Speaker 4: It's really flat, isn't it? Like it's flat as attack? But but when you walk there wanting like, oh geez lake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to go on that little island in the middle. Yeah. You can kayak out to it, can't you. Yeah, there were these blokes they upload a video on YouTube during lockdown they went and camped on the island for the night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no thanks, I'm happy to look at it while I walk out Park Lake.
Speaker 3: Is there anything on there?
Speaker 2: A couple of guys camping apparently?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, not with the swim. Can you hire boats and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like little sailing boats?
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: There's a sailing school there. You've been out there on a Saturday.
Speaker 3: It's going to become a sailor. All the kids, like all the kids always wanted to learn to sail Sydney to Hobart for you, I Park Lake is no Sydney, I feel soon.
Speaker 2: Is it only a kids sailing schoolt or is it adults sailing to I'm.
Speaker 3: Not too sure. I think it's adults.
Speaker 2: It's really cute.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll do that one with the boys.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I don't know if you can just go and do it and get a boat if you don't know what you're doing. But there's a school there that like the kids can enroll in competitions and like proper sailing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I should get the ones with the pedals with the big Yeah, you get them on the Gold Coast and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah what they call we'll bring the aqua bikes back to when we're in Greace. Tom Hawkins went on one of those, but with the big water.
Speaker 3: Slanted I've got a water slide.
Speaker 2: Well it's like it's like a giant flamingo that you pedal out on and it's got a slide for kids. And he would have been tall so big on the little they're called pedal boat.
Speaker 4: The issue with the slide ones the slide can get quite dry in the heat.
Speaker 3: You used to get stuck halfway. How did you know that? I've had one as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually in did you burn your bum?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got one in the south of France after the Olympics.
Speaker 2: With her.
Speaker 4: I took beautiful Alicia Oxley her kids. I took her kids out.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just you.
Speaker 3: I might do what you're out.
Speaker 2: There pedaling, because that's Tom Hawkins also didn't get it for himself and the dads through out there on the boats, and he looked very big man on very little pedal boat.
Speaker 3: Are you Clinton? I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be the sort of guy that on holidays would hire a jet ski. I've never been on a jet ski.
Speaker 2: I love jet ski you.
Speaker 3: Never ever have I been on a jet ski ever? Losh, we must get you on a jet ski.
Speaker 2: I mean there's something far more fun about doing it in like the Mediterranean water. Yeah, yeah, the gold. But when you're going to Fiji on holidays one, you must get it.
Speaker 4: Must get now holidays which you're coming out mate two weeks on a jet skik.
Speaker 3: I just want to see you jet skiing every day.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you won't because you won't go to Fiji it's too hot. Yeah, you are to Fiji for school holidays and came home early because it was too hot. I still don't buy that story. I don't think you ever went.
Speaker 3: No, I trust me. I went because I lived through the first few days and lou and I were at each other because of the heat. I was over the b lts by the pool. It just wasn't for me.
Speaker 2: You are such misery if you can't even find joy, you know, holiday in Fiji because you've had too many b lt Why are you like? Why don't you try some beautiful Fijian food or some fish?
Speaker 3: Because they I tried the fish they like. Maybe it was the result the Melbourne store, the storm players. Yeah, it would have been Craig bellowed me next to me at the floating bar.
Speaker 2: It would have been a night's hotel.
Speaker 3: Who's all right? You're on pea? Are you Craig in the in the pool bar?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm sure I loved hearing that. He probably left this bogan. Dad couldn't shake the bloke.
Speaker 3: Coming up next? How would you like VIP access to the racers. I'm talking your chance to along fully cadd this would be a cracking day out. We've got tickets to the Beverly Tent at Corefield Guineas Day. Sorry, Mark Better, thirteen twenty four ten is our number. You are going to hear our race commentator. He's going to read the lyrics out to a song. Pick the song the ticket to yours. Next on nover this is Nomber one hundred first.
Speaker 5: Release tickets to the sports Back Corfield Cup Carnival just forty dollars a ticket Tech for a limited time.
Speaker 7: Angela followed by Pabla, Sandra and Rita. As I continue, you know they getting sweeter.
Speaker 3: A little bit of money Cup in my Life.
Speaker 2: Jason Lawrence Corefield Cup Call.
Speaker 3: All right, we are about to cross to legendary commentator Matt Hill. He will read out the lyrics to a song. If you can work out the song by Titlan artist, then tickets are yours to go to the Beverly Marquee at Corfield Guinea's Day. Remember our first release tickets to sports Beck Corfield Cup Carnival from just forty bucks and you can get them through ticket Tech for a limited term, or.
Speaker 2: You can win them here to the Beverly Market. It's like everything's included to beveryes. You're right on the track. It's a fund out. These tickets are worth over twelve hundred dollars experience. It is six hundred and something dollars a ticket.
Speaker 3: Sensational, nice out of a messy day out. Let's go to Robert in Corfield.
Speaker 8: Good morning, good morning, this back, you're back.
Speaker 2: We're giving you a second chance. Robert. So you live right next to the racetrack, so you can just walk over.
Speaker 3: He's also a chauffeurs, so he's normally dealing with us at the end of a race day. Yes, so we thought, you know, for everything you've gone through, I mean, you've.
Speaker 2: Never driven us, but we'd always be on our best.
Speaker 4: Babe, Robert had died yesterday's performance.
Speaker 3: Sit with you? Will you got it.
Speaker 9: A little bit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I didn't know the answer, but I'll look it up, googled it up after Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Robert, Well let's see if you can get it today. With a brand new song lined up for you, listen to the race call and tell us what song you think it is and who sings he?
Speaker 3: Come on, Robert, here we go hand away.
Speaker 7: I'm having wicked dreams of leaving Tennessee here, Santa Monica, I swear it's calling me. Don't make my mama proud.
Speaker 3: It's going to.
Speaker 7: Cause a scene. She's her baby girl. I know she's going to scream, God, what have you done? You're a pink pony girl and you dance at.
Speaker 8: The club, Robert, Big pony club, Bye pony girl, you legend.
Speaker 3: Take it to your rob.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I would have bet my three children that you wouldn't have known that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I said, Robert won't know this one one of your favorite tracks, Rollie Boy.
Speaker 8: Uh not really, but I do the song.
Speaker 3: You know, it'll be people in the back seat, hammered gun put on the on the way.
Speaker 10: Good on you, thank you, thank you very.
Speaker 2: Much that you're going to sit right in there and you don't have to work for one.
Speaker 3: And he lives around the corner. So after drinks at your place, Rob, if you want after party. I love him.
Speaker 2: I thought he was a long shot to doin that, and I thought we're gonna have to have him back tomorrow, all three kids.
Speaker 3: I would have been mate. There was no way. Hell, I thought it was going to get it.
Speaker 2: I remember all the people in the backseat singing that. After a few shadows, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: Have you got pink Pony club.
Speaker 4: Car Thanking plugged my orks cable in.
Speaker 3: Twenty six bas six, Good morning Melbourne. Tell you where it is beautiful this time year?
Speaker 4: Where the wits Sundays.
Speaker 2: On the weekends, which is not the Sundays, but it's that direction.
Speaker 4: Imagine being Funnel Bay in the with Sundays. It's where it's where a lo the wealth is, right, what's the core fun But oh yeah, it's it's as.
Speaker 3: It's stinger season. When is that? I think it's I mean where No, no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never heard of funnel.
Speaker 4: Funnel Bay with Sundays right up north.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: NBA star Ben Simmons has been spotted up there. He's been living it up in the lap of luxury.
Speaker 2: Does he's still playing the NBA?
Speaker 4: He does still play, but there's immense speculation over his future.
Speaker 3: That's a big swimmer suit. Oh it is.
Speaker 4: It's a long swimmer suit, isn't it? So two together now, basically they're trying to does he stay in America?
Speaker 3: Does he come home? They're trying to.
Speaker 2: The NBA to NBL.
Speaker 4: I would think he's still got lots of cash because he's been living it up in a three thousand dollar a night mansion on the wind Sundays now four bedroom for night you reckon, Yeah, complete with a private beach and the lap pool.
Speaker 2: Private beach mine. If you've got a private beach, you really living, ain't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm not even going to use this beach, but no one else can music.
Speaker 4: My cold plunge, private wine room, go mat, It's got it all.
Speaker 3: What would you say is the nicest hotel you've ever stay?
Speaker 2: Oh? We accidentally stayed in one in Paris.
Speaker 3: I was I was trying to book the best Western and then.
Speaker 2: We went for a friend's birthday and they said we'll all stay in the same place. We're like, yeah, cool, we'll see that. And we got there and Paul walked in with our little wheelie cases and was like, I think we should leave and see if there's a travel lodge nearby. Lauren and I was like, we're here now. We know we're only staying for two nights. But what was it called? It was in Paris. You could see the Eiffel towers on the Champs It wasn't on the Champs, but it was near there. You could walk to Champs and it was so boogie. They embroidered our names into the pillow cases.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, they embroidered your name. Did you get to take them home? The nicest thing I've had is when they folded the towel so a swan.
Speaker 2: They assume you can your names in it, well they can steal them, save it for then he stole them. I did still have my name on it.
Speaker 3: So they've got a little Cindy in a cupboard with the Junomi.
Speaker 2: And that was when Paul was like, okay, we should definitely leave.
Speaker 3: Absolutely you don't get that at the travel you don't.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'll be taking the slippers.
Speaker 3: If anything, I'll be taking my own pillow to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, they yeah. It was bougie. And then when when our friends are like should we go for a walk to we do? I was like, I don't live in this hotel. Were getting every some time spending on this hotel. And when we left, I said to Paul, just close your eyes and signe that. Oh yeah, do that because I don't want to have an argument.
Speaker 3: Now. I've always wanted to do one of those all inclusive hotels, you know where you can just just order whatever you want. It's all just past.
Speaker 2: Well do you know when Paul absolutely flipped it.
Speaker 3: I just remember spelled his name wrong in the pillow.
Speaker 2: Leah Memsworth was also there and Paul goes, are you staying here to mate? And he goes, oh, absolutely not, I'm staying down the street. Paul looked at me and was like.
Speaker 3: Lauren the hem's words aren't staying here. Wis shouldn't be either. I remember I signed onto a radio station in Sydney and it was like coming up to New Year's Eve and they're like, we're going to put you up an accommodation for news eve and I was like, this is this, this is great? You know what what a what a sign on gift? Well, I think when I opened the door and as I opened the door, it hit the bed and the gap wasn't even big enough for me to get my suitcase mate through.
Speaker 2: I was like, I've stayed in some shockers as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah you tend to, you know, you know it's a bad one if they've still got the theter hours serving tray. I stayed in comforter on the bed. I stayed in a hotel in India.
Speaker 3: I reckon some of the comforters you'd lay on and get pregnant.
Speaker 2: That advertise it was advertisers having a revolving restaurant on the top. And my friends and I got there and we went in the lift to go to breakfast to the revolving restaurant. And as the lift wenting and the doors open, they're like, wait there, wait there, and they hit a switch and there was just like a giant lazy Susan with tables on it that started spinning. So it wasn't a revolving restaurant.
Speaker 3: It's just a revolving table.
Speaker 2: And every quarter that it went, it would go like it would jolt and everything could fall over.
Speaker 3: That sounds safe.
Speaker 2: And after about twenty minutes my friends like, can we turn the revolving floor.
Speaker 3: We're getting motion sickness?
Speaker 2: Can We must have been built in like the eighties. I think it'd been built up around it, so I had absolutely no view because all the other buildings were so much taller, like the point of a revolving.
Speaker 3: Residence or concrete.
Speaker 2: Yeahs on, absolutely nothing made you motion sick.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 2: It was a one star hotel.
Speaker 3: What's the worst holiday a comm you've stayed in? Wow, worst accommodation of the openings here. Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number. In return, I've got three hundred and fifty dollars en Hires their headphones up for grabs. Zenhiser delivering eighty years of true sound, switch and hear the difference. These are great headphones. It's round and fifty bucks as well. Worst hotel you've ever stayed in Melbourne? Where was it? Why was it bad? What is the worst hotel.
Speaker 2: You've stayed I stayed in a half star hotel a.
Speaker 3: Half start, half start four and a half star, a.
Speaker 2: Half star when I was traveling with my friends when I was like nineteen, And when we got there, they're like, okay, so the emergency exit is in your room for the whole level. So if there's a fire and they got all the people on our levels like hostel, and they're like, you need to let these people in. If there's a fine, you need to open your front door so everyone can get out. And I was like, this is a terrible plan. What if we just run and forget to open our doors, which to be honest, and I'm like, no, this can't be on me, no.
Speaker 3: Offense, but I think you should be in charge of the emergency.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have thought so other, especially when I was through Europe. No, I'd probably had eighty four sound bookershops, slept through the far you'd.
Speaker 3: Be outside, watch you burned down and go Did we have to do something before we left? I forget?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'll probably still be sleeping there.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is out number.
Speaker 2: Hot fireman to carry me out.
Speaker 3: Worst holiday accommodation you've stayed in? In return, we have tickets to the Melbourne Royal Show. It packs more magic into one ticket, twelve hours of fun and hundreds of free activities. Pre purchase now and save at royalshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Those hostels with forty rooms in one bathroom.
Speaker 3: What's the worst you have stayed in? Give us a call. We're talking from hell at thirteen twenty fourteen. What's the worst one you've stayed in?
Speaker 2: Just a bit po of Sarah Murder, Good morning, Good morning. You had a girl's night and you stayed in a tip? What happened?
Speaker 12: Yes again, young poor I have a girl's night stayed somewhere in Saint Kilda and it was just walked in the door didn't lock, so you could only use the key and chat the chase.
Speaker 10: So that was a great start.
Speaker 12: I pulled back the blankets for an afternoon nap.
Speaker 10: There was blood on here.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, what was it?
Speaker 2: The Gatwick Hotel?
Speaker 12: No, I can't mention the hotel, but yeah it was lovely. There was oh screaming all night.
Speaker 2: How much did it cost to stay there?
Speaker 12: Twenty dollars a night?
Speaker 3: So is it's the hotel? Still there? Is it?
Speaker 10: I was still there?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 3: Still there? You want to stand a crime scene? Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's one on the sheets is a bit remember dirty sheets.
Speaker 4: When we holidayed in Turkey, I was there with our friend Christina Hern. We checked into this hotel room and there were two chairs. They looked like arm chairs and they folded out there. They was sort of looked like a cut chair, two cut chairs, but they folded out into beds.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were the beds in the room.
Speaker 3: The beds.
Speaker 4: They were the beds, just two chairs like one of those.
Speaker 2: Koala single chairs that fold into a single bed.
Speaker 3: Well this wasn't I wish it was a Kohala. This was just a chair, a fold out chair. Amy, what's the worst to commune? Stated?
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, I was away on a work trip and a place near a tuka called rock Chester, right, and I got gabies bed bugs.
Speaker 2: It actually happened. I always always fear this when I traveled at some of those little places the postcards and the Today Show.
Speaker 4: Sorry, bed bugs is known as scabies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think bugs give you.
Speaker 3: How do you treat scabies? Calm?
Speaker 6: No, you had to go to the doctor and get a special cream your poor things. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I take sleeping bags sometimes on those suits. We go to little country motel.
Speaker 3: We did like a group booking up in Noosa one weekend. We all stayed there in like a big three bedroom apartment. They had one of those spars on the balcony. I didn't get in it, thank god, but everyone who did, Yeah, they caught something.
Speaker 4: Spar Yeah, because what's living in the jets right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Actually I got in a hotel spar like. It wasn't like an outdoor spark the indoor corner ones. Yeah, like the room. I hadn't actually got in it, but I filled it up and I, oh no, the button and like millions of ants came out. Thank god I was not in it.
Speaker 3: But it's clean because it's got that little plastic bit over the jet to let you know we've cleaned it. And it smells like do you know what's also bad?
Speaker 4: You know it's bad if the hotel's got a shower curtain, the plastic shower curtain, that's not.
Speaker 3: I love when the current affair do those We've hidden cameras to see if they actually clean the bathroom and then it shows them like, you know, wiping the toilet and then the same rag as that Catherine, good morning, Hello, we're talking holidays from hell. Where's the worst to come? You've had?
Speaker 10: So we drove from Melbourne to South Australia to seek family when I had a baby six months old yep, And we stayed in Port Pirie for one night and our first there was no one there to check us in, so we had to bring them to say how do we check in? Yep, they didn't have a basinette which said organized for again we're a bit like shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Also and then that night we go to bed, my wife's like, oh I feel it was a bug on my fate. Whatever don't worry about it. Mill of the night she wakes up screaming she had a cockroach on her face.
Speaker 3: You're going to get a cockroach now and then.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't make you feel very uncomfortable with the brand new baby in there as well, Maddie.
Speaker 3: And Heidelberg worst hotel? What have you stayed in?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 5: I stayed in a hostel in Amsterdam. It was a twenty one bedroom. The bunks were stacked three high. Yeah, there was no storage for any of our stuff. And while we were there, they painted the bathroom black, so he had to use the bathroom with wet paints.
Speaker 2: Oh god. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The sleeping corters sound like that sleeping room in squid Game with all the beds. Was it or was it full?
Speaker 4: Were there twenty one people in the actual dawn?
Speaker 5: There weren't twenty one. They were about sixteen when we were there.
Speaker 2: Were you were you on like kentiqy tour or something.
Speaker 5: No, this was just we booked our accommodation. We thought that it was not going to be twenty one beds, but we walked in and that that's what we found.
Speaker 2: Also, they make them look really good online, and then you get to those little back Clacker's places.
Speaker 3: That's a safety. Twenty one bunks in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, Cram Big.
Speaker 3: Brother dorms are just freaking techy normallyom yeah, Tim. You get one couple who are.
Speaker 4: And then there's a second couple, and then then there's clip just listening by myself.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everyone. Hey, coming up in this half hour, our Grand Final Breakfast is coming. It is.
Speaker 2: We're just over a week away until we are putting on the greatest ground Final breakfast. We've got an epic lineup of guests. It's gonna be great coming with us Melbourne next Thursday morning, wa away to kick off the long weekend.
Speaker 3: Jack ree walt or sorry, how does he like to say vaults? Why does everyone say the other way? Though? I don't know, but when he was here in this yeah, we asked him. Yeah. Well Jack's going to be there. He is the Cup ambassador. He will have the Premiership Cups. He can get a photo with that. Whole bunch of past and present player is going to be on site as well. Free Brecky. We are taking over the Sporting Globe in Richmond, a great spot for you to book your table for Grand Final day as well, and coming up in about twenty minutes, you can win your invites. I recorded quick chat with my nine year old son Hudson last night because he I was like, I just need to know, like who if you promised tickets to Oh yeah, yeah, semi. He's more into events and hosting parties. Yeah, and of course at that event, is you e spirit animal? At that event?
Speaker 4: He may well see his father embarrass himself seeing the Collingwood Football Club theme song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have been practicing thank you with a couple of the girls in the office yesterday.
Speaker 2: Great, I think you were practicing with a couple of girls in the office.
Speaker 3: They were, and they came out wrong.
Speaker 2: You're doing a routine.
Speaker 3: There were just they were Collingwood fans as well, and we're all having a little sing along in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: It's a little with okay, and give us a little sneakyaker.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't want to peak early.
Speaker 2: Just give it a little. What's the first bit.
Speaker 3: You got me on the spot? Were you practicing with the girl?
Speaker 2: Maybe not the first line any bit?
Speaker 3: No, don't, I'm freaking out the good old colling Wood. There we go.
Speaker 2: If you didn't know that meet your inn strikee. He got to the good old call.
Speaker 3: What he was practicing? What were you doing with girls? Any way? Kitchen Your chance to Win invites coming out and eating bagels. Mason Cox is in after eight this morning as well. But next we're going to jail. I'll explain what I'm talking about after Sabrina. How would you like to see her in New York City?
Speaker 2: Ah? What a trip?
Speaker 3: That will be a new album. Man's Best Friend is out. Now you can go the noverplayer app if you want to alive in New York. Set ere here she is. Busy woman. Good morning Melbourne, Sabrina Carbanah, busy Woman, four n a past seven here on Nova. Good morning. It is Jason Lauren. He news to me, I didn't know former tennis player Boris Becker did time Bam bam jail tax evasion. Yeah, he I think he spent quite a while in the clink.
Speaker 2: Random thing to bring up.
Speaker 3: Well, I just saw it online the other day. Because now he's out, he's doing a little bit of a tello.
Speaker 2: Has he just got out?
Speaker 3: Make a bit point? He spent quite quite a period in jail.
Speaker 2: Did you just get out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How long ago we.
Speaker 4: Popped up at Wimbledon a little while back, so it must have been in the last little while.
Speaker 3: How long was he in for mmmmmm checking? Now he five million dollars. He was not laundering, just didn't pay the old taxman will get you, that'll get your Dad'll get you five million. Come on, bam bam. So look, we thought we'd played a little game this morning. Bad Celebrities executive produced a brod. He's going to put up celebrities on the screen. We have to guess whether they have been arrested or not. Fantastic. All right, I've been arrested. Were you arrested for peeing on the police station? Yeah? In Mexico?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like put in the clink.
Speaker 3: No, but they they forcefully. They sort of half cuffed me. What do you mean. I thought it was a tree, But it turns out it was the sign that says police and you were urinating.
Speaker 2: It was in another language, and the cuffs on you.
Speaker 3: I did a little twinkle. Ah yeah, they threatened to. Yeah, they pinned me up against the car. Did you pay? I did pay a bribe and then off I walked into the with an.
Speaker 2: Empty bladder and an empty wallet.
Speaker 3: I've done the baries half empty?
Speaker 2: Good your wallet or your bladder blood?
Speaker 3: All right? First one? You justin Timberlake.
Speaker 2: What did he go in for? Not not to serve time, but arrested drink driving recently?
Speaker 3: Didn't he go to a stop sign? I think and put him over and then he couldn't do the silly walk on the go. He still looks pretty all right. Next to Leb.
Speaker 2: Got arrested. I'm going to say no for.
Speaker 3: These, I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say I thought it was arrest I think Elon has been arrested.
Speaker 2: I reckon? Do you reckon for not arrested?
Speaker 3: But no way, He's never been arrested, never never been arrested. Believe no way.
Speaker 4: He should be arrested for crimes against fashion for that work on.
Speaker 3: Oh god, he was arrested running a stop sign and driving without a license in Albuque. Look at him in that Oh my god, how old is the hen looks like one of those orange stack cat tweets to where he.
Speaker 2: Was nineteen seventy seven. He ran a stop sign. He's pretty happy about it, looks in his mug shot. Next to Beckey McConaughey, Yeah, he would have been arrested for driving you reckon, I'm going to say he's got arrested for being.
Speaker 3: Too he's been arrested.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, no, oh, public disturbance, resisting transportation.
Speaker 3: He does not look good in his mug shot.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry. In nineteen ninety nine, following a noise complaint, at around two thirty in the morning, officers discovered McConaughey in his Austin home, dancing naked and playing the boncos.
Speaker 3: I remember this the new Bongos.
Speaker 2: Yep, so it was public disturbance. He was making too much.
Speaker 3: Noise if his own house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Americans, I mean the things they get away with. But then you get arrested for.
Speaker 3: That boo something. No, No, he was new actually in the bongos.
Speaker 4: Angelina jolly, no way, she's sweet as honey.
Speaker 3: Answer, not arrested. But she did hook up with her brother. I remember that.
Speaker 2: When did she hook up with her brother?
Speaker 3: I think it was after her and Billy Bob Thornton collected viols of blood on each other. What do you talk about it with their brother? I mean step brother. She hooked up with her brother publicly, an actual.
Speaker 4: Step blood No, not blood brother, step brother insist expert Brody execut.
Speaker 3: It was her half brother. Oh, it's fine. They just had a very passionate tongue kiss. Yeah's half brother who hasn't play on?
Speaker 2: No, no, you know what are you a getting?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 2: Your sister lives with you? Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 3: Sister? Yeah, come on, half sister though, play on?
Speaker 2: You got one of those you know.
Speaker 3: It's that going through the family tree now though waiting.
Speaker 2: No, you can't be doing that, Like I don't have half brothers, but I've got step brothers.
Speaker 3: Even No, you couldn't know, you couldn't imagine your little Christmas time. Good to see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's that's that's illegal.
Speaker 3: It's no, it's brown upon, very different. No, half brother, step brother. I've watched a lot of movies. Morning Melbourne one Republic there. This is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jason Lauren. Clint's here as well.
Speaker 1: On the road to the Who Dread Jason Lawrence Grand Final Breakfast.
Speaker 2: I love Grand Final week in Melbourne effect, I love Booty Finals in Melbourne. There's a different vibe in the area, like the way they're starting to turn. People have got a little screens.
Speaker 3: There remember with such a good crew last year the Grand Final breakfast. My people just came ready to celebrate for they did, and we're giving you a chance to do it again this year thirteen twenty four to ten Final Days to Win invites to our Grand Final Breakfast thanks to the crew at Adriatic Furniture. You can check out the Adriatic Furniture Spring into Style Silence on now shop in store online. Today I mentioned my nine year old Hudson your spirit animal, Lauren see scalper tickets. Mate.
Speaker 2: Actually, I saw my dad last night. Dad wants to come and he said, he's uh, he's Hudson going yep, and he goes he's been selling tickets at school or what.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny you say that because I hit him up last night. What's up? I need inside for the Final breakfast. Have you promised tickets to friends at school?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: How many time?
Speaker 2: Ellson?
Speaker 3: About nine or them? Nine tickets?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 3: And the appearance it's almost twenty. I say that because you aren't paying.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm not playing.
Speaker 3: You should be paying. Please, I'm part of the show. Auntie Lana, He says, yes, she's not your auntie us alone have twenty what.
Speaker 2: You know, what he can forget the parents, Jason look after all nine children with no absolutely, just let the kids come and run wind give them no, we'll give them some raspberry lemonade at six o'clock in Yeah. Of course, you can have as many tickets as you want, Bro your recruit, but he needs one condition. He needs to know the calling with themselves with his dad. He has to actually do we want Joe's doing it on his own or with his son. Let's see. Let's see if the pies make the grain that you.
Speaker 4: Speak about the crowd there last year. I did the story last night on the build up to the Premium Finals, all those people getting tickets in the city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thank god. Everyone was in such a great mood. It's just September.
Speaker 2: Just people who got the ticket.
Speaker 3: Well exactly. Puts a smile on the die.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, we want you to tell us why do you want to come to the ground final breakfast. Who do you want to bring? What does foody mean to you? Because it brings people together, It brings families together, and it'll be a great morning to celebrate, even if your team's not in. Just to celebrate Puddy with your mates, with your family for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: The anchoring Diamond Creek. Good morning. You're a Hawks fan. You made the pilgrimage to Adelaide. Yes, we did, before I did.
Speaker 10: It was a long drive and definitely were we, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: How did you celebrate when the Hawks got the win?
Speaker 6: Ah, very very I was.
Speaker 5: Nervous the whole game, obviously, jumps on my phone to record myself singing the song and borderline.
Speaker 3: Passed out with excitement.
Speaker 13: Literally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've kept my thumb on the record button the whole time, so.
Speaker 9: I got it all on cat.
Speaker 2: Well done, Baker. Well you can show us next Thursday at our ground final breakfast. We would love to have you there.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much.
Speaker 4: Got no worries.
Speaker 3: We've got more invites to go Turney twenty four to ten, let's go to lang Warren Claire, good morning, good morning. Now who do you barrack for?
Speaker 10: I vericked for Hawthorne.
Speaker 3: We've got another. There's a few Hawkers us getting on the Hawks behind it. I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: How long have you burried for the Hawks, for Claire?
Speaker 15: My whole life, my dad and my brother did, and my dad actually moved from England and his dad came home from work and said, we've got to pick a team, and so they went to the team that was on the bottom of the ladder. On that We've been going for Hawthorne ever since.
Speaker 2: And look at you now.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully this is your year, Claire. We're going to see you next Thursday.
Speaker 2: You're coming along and fantastic.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, no worry.
Speaker 2: Great to see there. Well let's go to Melissa. Good morning, Good morning, you've married for the Blue Baggers.
Speaker 6: Wow, yeah, I do something I should publicly are Now are you about to jump off?
Speaker 10: No, I'm not about to jump off.
Speaker 13: I am loyal through Akin and I will continue.
Speaker 6: To be loyal.
Speaker 2: Good job. Now, who do you want to bring to the to our Grand Final breakfast? Melissa?
Speaker 9: I want to bring my gorgeous sixteen year old son, Chase, who is so obsessed with football.
Speaker 6: He eat, sleep, breathes it.
Speaker 13: He knows all the quotes for all the different commercials he.
Speaker 10: Had put out and all of that.
Speaker 6: He's just going to be over the moon.
Speaker 3: We could get there, mate, he'll be in his element next week. And tell him he can get a photo of the Premiership Cup as well.
Speaker 10: Oh, he would love that so much, Thank you so much, guys, love your show.
Speaker 3: Good on you, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: That's not bad for Sean tal is it?
Speaker 3: That's cool? That'll just all over the Grand Grand Final weekend. Yeah, that's a pick you want have We got more tickets. We've got a couple running out. Hardy's left us a couple.
Speaker 2: We're nearly full, are we?
Speaker 3: So the next two days and then that is it. The guest list will be full, so make sure you are listening tomorrow to join us for our Grand Final breakfast. All thanks to the crew at Adriatic Furniture. You can check out their Spring into Style sale that is on right now shop in store or online today. It's just on seven thirty. We'll check your runderwak lates didn't us next on over? Well, good morning Melbourne. Hey, you might want to think twice before you have a inter office affair. Oh, it comes at a hefty price.
Speaker 2: This is not another cold place situation.
Speaker 3: Is it? Well? It is it is, actually yep, yep. We'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 2: First, though, I'm excited. Yesterday the Coachella line up for next year got dropped. Now it is the week after Easter this year, shall we Well, I already booked my flights and my tickets. You're going, I'm going, baby.
Speaker 3: Are you really seeing? Who is seeing? And can I come?
Speaker 2: It's very poppy. Now, some people don't love the lineup, but it is very poppy. So Sabrina Carpenter is headlighting Friday Night, Justin Bieber on Saturday Night, but also Somber twelve Till twelve Somber Somber.
Speaker 3: Sob, Teddy Swims, the Exe God. It is a very pop lineup.
Speaker 2: Addison Ray royal otis it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Side talk to me about what are we wearing?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm an adult now, so I shan't be dressing in costume.
Speaker 13: You have to.
Speaker 2: It's very hot in the day I've been before, and denim cut off and a shirt. I don't even think I'll be a cowboy, little cowboy.
Speaker 3: Cowboy, a little cutoff denim shorts.
Speaker 2: Teddy Swims, it could be in some little cut off shorts. Should we go now? I booked early because we did like it, because I panicked and I was like, guys, now they've announced Beabes and I'm a big believer, so I was like, well, the actual tickets you can register now to pre order and to buy. But we just panicked with some friends and booked a package with accommodation and tickets, and then we went online and bought the flights because I was like, well, they're going to sell that or they're going to be very you know when they know there's an event on. So the flights go through the roof.
Speaker 3: Our lives will be more different.
Speaker 4: When I went in to resign from Channel nine, the first thing I said was I've got to go to Kachella.
Speaker 11: Come.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm residing stumps. I'll be at the Bentley Festival. If you're looking for me, it's pretty much the same thing. I don't think Biber's playing there, but.
Speaker 4: You could come, we could get we could be a trio in costume. Why you come in Butler's chaps three sto?
Speaker 2: Just do you live a little?
Speaker 3: Live a little four days?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 3: It's the costs costs.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't cope in the desert too hot?
Speaker 3: Oh god no, if I didn't last in.
Speaker 2: You go to the Bentley Festival. They'll have a great time.
Speaker 3: Shall we celebrate with some old school Biber.
Speaker 2: Biber will be amazing. Yeah, what are you going to do beauty and the beat Biber and Nicki minaje ha ha, let's.
Speaker 3: Go seventeen to eight. We're talking affairs and the costs of them. That's right, the cold place. It just happened again morning every justin Bieber Nicki Minaj is going old school throwback there to celebrate Biber on the lineup.
Speaker 2: Four coach, Hello, how good Beaver and Sabrina come to It is very poppy. But the year I went it was Ariana Grande and that was.
Speaker 3: It's just going fourteen to wait your chance to win five K coming up very soon on Nova with the five K question and then pies fans. Mason Cox is in after eight. But first though, not to office. Affair is not an affair.
Speaker 2: No one in here, I hope, no anyone in our team any confessions.
Speaker 4: It seems we've caught the coldplay bug here in Australia.
Speaker 2: Who who are you talking about?
Speaker 3: We are talking about now the former CEO and former HR manager of the company that runs Rebel Super Cheap and BCF. I'm a BCF boy of BCF Fun. They are having too much BCF and fun. They really were, weren't they.
Speaker 2: He's at a fishing shop.
Speaker 3: It's not just fishing, it's boating, camping.
Speaker 2: Camping, fishing and fun and fun with hr. Hey, wait, what's happened someone's sudden affair at BCF and fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they've had too much fun, the CEO and the former charm bobs. So now the board have stepped in and said, mate, you haven't disclosed this relationship.
Speaker 2: But I don't understand that. Why do you get fired for falling in love at work?
Speaker 3: Well, it's just I think it's when it's the top dogs, Like on our level, we could all be excuse me, dogs, but we're.
Speaker 4: No, we're not no far from the top, and we're certainly not doing that.
Speaker 3: We're not for funny.
Speaker 2: But I mean, do you have to quit your job if you fall in love work?
Speaker 4: Are they both married and when they're on the executive.
Speaker 2: They're both married?
Speaker 3: Yes? Separately yes, and on the executive. I think the more issue is the freaking.
Speaker 2: This stuff's happening all the time without people getting fired.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten Are you currently or have you had a to.
Speaker 2: Office relations I think it would be kind of fun, like if you fell in love with someone at work and you didn't want anyone to know.
Speaker 4: Who would you want to fall in love with here?
Speaker 2: No one here? Okay, but but it would be fun in an office and you had like if you're in love and no one knew, and you were like, you'd like, do a little sneaky wink as you walk part my wife and it's kind of hot.
Speaker 3: Well together for six months if you're married at work before anyone knew you at work? Uh, not to that extreme. I can't wistle, but if you can do it for me, Yeah, we were just a little kiss here and there.
Speaker 2: But I can't be having throw downs at work.
Speaker 3: Plenty of people would, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you also can't be doing if you're dating, you can't be doing PDA in the office. No one wants to see you kissing and holding hands at work, no one. No one wants to see that. Do that in your own time. No one wants to see that. What were you macking on with me?
Speaker 3: If you like going down the lift together or fire stands?
Speaker 4: Well, this, this now former CEO and a charm manager cost the company one hundred and twenty million dollars. That's how much was riped off the share price yesterday alone.
Speaker 2: Oh because they fired him.
Speaker 4: Because they fired him. They had to go to the ASX to declare it the fact.
Speaker 2: So he's obviously a good CEO. If that's how much value he.
Speaker 3: Won, it's a lot of money. Money can't buy your love, No can't.
Speaker 2: But they still together, they love.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure they're thirteen twenty four ten is our number? Have you had or are you currently having an interoffice relationship?
Speaker 2: Office romance?
Speaker 3: You've never anyone at Channel nine.
Speaker 2: Jace Clint, tell the truth.
Speaker 4: I can confidently say you've never clin stopped anyone at work.
Speaker 2: Really, anyone from work.
Speaker 4: Not anyone at work or from work. Really, I mean they're all chasing me.
Speaker 2: But why do you think he's stepping down from Channel's.
Speaker 3: Horm an orderly Q thirty single five years.
Speaker 2: You've never met anyone and had the hots of anyone at work in twenty five years?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Really, there'll be someone is forgotten when you're overseas years.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a fewies when you're in the London choruspond. What do you think it's like an episode of Morning Wars? Yes we do. I got three hundred dollars Appliance Disney.
Speaker 2: They're all the stuff for dating in.
Speaker 3: Sydney by the Stefanovic's Jesus hang on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peter and Sylvia yep, oh.
Speaker 3: Feel in love on the Today Show Summer edition which I was on as well. Yeah, Beautiful person. Three hundred dollars Appliances Online vouchers. You can shop Appliances online. It's their twentieth birthday sale which is on now. Save on thousands of products.
Speaker 12: Oh dear the.
Speaker 2: Morning, their Morning crew in Sydney. There they all.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Workplace relationships. Give us a call your chance to win five k coming up very soon with the five K question and then Pies fans Mason Cox in after eight this morning, ahead of the pre Limbs, don't forget tomorrow on the show, We've got tickets this weekend.
Speaker 2: Both pre Limbs are sold out.
Speaker 3: Sold outline full as a goog.
Speaker 11: And we have tickets to both the Geelong the Lions, No, No Geelong Hawks, Lions.
Speaker 4: Piet Yeah Saturday twilight five point fifteen.
Speaker 2: And then next week when are we giving those tickets away pre.
Speaker 3: Lims Tomorrow on the show Tomorrow, yep and Friday, So make sure you listening.
Speaker 4: But first we're talking office romances off.
Speaker 2: Now, when I said that's hot, I'd like to point out I was talking about an office romance, not an office affair. Affairs, okay, good well, meetings someone at work and having a little black Yeah, it's just right.
Speaker 4: Let's meet a one second. You're winking at someone the next time, yet.
Speaker 3: At them, not at the office and Waverley, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, in an office romance.
Speaker 9: Currently, No, I'm not anymore, or he still is not with me. So basically my manager. I came on to him first. That's quite good looking. But he had his wife working at the office as well.
Speaker 2: So did you know he was married Anne?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well I worked with her as well, So yeah, it was a bit. It was a bit bad of me, but at least I grew out of it. He's still he's still doing this sort of thing, and it's been this was about seven eight years ago. Well, this is a thing everyone in the worst place knows. And he does this constantly with different.
Speaker 2: Stating the staff, his wife works there too, our brother dog, and.
Speaker 9: The person he's currently seeing speaks as if they're in a proper relationship. And I'm just like what, he's got a wife and he's got two.
Speaker 2: Children, and he's doing do you still work there?
Speaker 9: And I don't work there, but my friend does, so I just think, you know you've I grew out of it. That was something in my twenties and I was I shouldn't have done it. A few months.
Speaker 2: There's no winners.
Speaker 4: Can I ask?
Speaker 3: How? How handsome was he?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 9: Out of a ten? So if a tens Chris, hem's worse and a too is the brother, I'm going to say he's like a seven. He was a good seven.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's good. Where do I sit on the scale.
Speaker 9: We'll give you an you will give you an ax.
Speaker 3: I was a pity. Remember we're not judging. We are thirteen dog thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: No, boss was a dog.
Speaker 3: You're part of an office relationship.
Speaker 2: Dogs are more loyal.
Speaker 13: Yes, A long time ago. So married thirty years as a result.
Speaker 3: Now, was this an affair or just an office relationship? No?
Speaker 13: It was an office relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me everything, Emma. Was it fun?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 13: It was hilarious and still to this day he freaks out that I tell people, and I'm like, it's a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Years you were you were both single and and you fell in love at work. Did everyone in the office know or was it kept secret for a while.
Speaker 13: They did eventually, and they were all really cool about it. And then I got sick of working room and I'm like, ants your own phone?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: That's that's the problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And so we were the assistant I.
Speaker 13: Was, yes, executive assistant, and he was, but the CEO was sort of going, come on, what about it?
Speaker 3: But you know he isn't coaching it. There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people fall in love at work all the time because as adults, like when you're busy, how do you meet especially people. A lot of people meet through work.
Speaker 3: Many things in common, especially the Christmas party. Oh it's not like no, that's last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they never work their mine or like you remember when we went to that, how many of those have worked out for you?
Speaker 3: The Crocodile Passionate Christmas party? Remember the crocodile sales function we went to in Cans and it was like a big thing where all these people from different to Dales companies and everything flew in and they had the little lanyards on them that all go for drinks afterwards. They were a bit Yeah, and you imagine night three to be like you know if we're ever going to do something.
Speaker 4: They were, they were there was this sort of drinks one night and they were all running around with their lanyards on.
Speaker 3: Yeah just eyeballing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they eyeballing you. That was the trip that j s too much sticky date.
Speaker 3: And it was food poisoning food. I over ate the sticky date. He was bloated from food poisoning from sticky Audrey, good morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning.
Speaker 2: I'm just calling.
Speaker 16: To say because I feel really bad for Clint.
Speaker 3: Why why Audrey?
Speaker 16: Because every time I listened to the show, you're used to always bagging him about not having a girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I mean, to be fair. He brings it up, Audrey, He brings up all the time. Awdrey, how bad do you feel for me?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 12: Pretty bad?
Speaker 2: Audrey? How old are you? Do you have any advice for Clint on how he might be able to find a girlfriend.
Speaker 16: No, not really.
Speaker 3: Don't you think it's pretty sad? He worked at Channel nine for twenty five years and not one person in that time.
Speaker 2: He fell in love with him fell in love with him?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, Audrey? Yes, what's your mum's name? Dion morning, d'on? Are you right? Are you right?
Speaker 2: Is that mom laughing him. Yes, did Audrey just get a very mature laugh?
Speaker 3: Thank god?
Speaker 2: Okay, Audrey, So do you think Clink should just live happily ever after on his own or a dog, or we should just lay off him?
Speaker 16: Nicky vaume?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, good morning Melbourne. Here we go, five thousand dollars on the line. Just have to answer one simple question and then later this hour we are gearing up for the premiums. Mason Cox is going to be joining us on the air, and tomorrow you can win tickets to the Friday night and Saturday night clash at the gym.
Speaker 2: My goodness, they're both sold out. Yep, we have to get all right before we get to that. Donna in Lara, good morning, good morning. If you live down in Lara, you're a big Cats fan?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you think Gelong can win the premiership this year?
Speaker 10: I hope so.
Speaker 16: My family's got tickets to go, so be nice to.
Speaker 6: See that happen here.
Speaker 2: Do you got tickets to the Grand Final? You've got tickets to this weekend?
Speaker 10: Tickets to them.
Speaker 4: Okay, but when you come to the MCJ, do you stop at the cry Bay Roadhouse? No?
Speaker 16: Unfortunately, not.
Speaker 6: That coming from Laura.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's skip it from l We confirmed whether there is a tunnel between the two Giant servers. Oh there no, there is not.
Speaker 2: You giant servos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was the two Giant service stations, one on either side of the road on the way to Is there a rumor there's there was a rumor there was a tunnel under the freeway between the servos that the staff can access. Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 16: I don't believe so I know.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get back to business, Donna, you want to play for five thousand dollars this morning. Now, we've got a question lined up. You will hear three two one countdown and a buzzer. You need to answer before the buzzer starts.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go for five thousand dollars. Good luck. This is your question. World Club.
Speaker 1: Does Lionel Messi currently play.
Speaker 2: For three two?
Speaker 4: We were pulling no.
Speaker 3: Idea into Miami.
Speaker 2: That's the same David Dick and part owns. Yeah, shame, I'm sorry. We'll hopefully I've got a win for you this weekend, Lovely.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what The Melbourne Royal Show packs more magic into one ticket, twelve hours of fun and hundreds of free activities you can pre purchase now and save at royalshow dot com dot a you, I'm going to check your family past the.
Speaker 10: Show amazing, Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Welcome and good luck to the Cats this weekend.
Speaker 4: They into Miami, by the way, set a new merchandise record the amount of strips they sold.
Speaker 3: What do you mean Jersey sock strip bright pink?
Speaker 4: They are all the kids want to be what I had MESSI Oh yeah, in the in the Miami strip looks cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's quite a combo, isn't it.
Speaker 3: What a moment for Becka tho like to bring a team to Miami. That's at the Galaxy. That's what he's doing that too. You are listening to Jason Lauren Clint here as well. We're doing it thanks to our mates to shell Ready Express.
Speaker 2: I was telling you guys yesterday that I was in Brizzy on the weekend with my in laws, so Paul's sisters, brothers, all their nieces and nephews.
Speaker 3: And we all getting around together because that's.
Speaker 2: A carnivale job because they live there, and so we were staying in a hotel and we had a beautiful room and it had a lounge room. The kids came for breakfast in the morning by the pool. We all had brecky and then they said, can we go see your room? Like, kids love that stuff. I love staying in hotel. I love jumping on the bed, seeing the minute bar, all that stuff. So I was like, yeah, yeah, come up. So the kids came up. We have bull sisters and they were like wow, you know, they want to down on the balcony and look at the pool and sit in the sun. And they're like, there's a mini bar. This is amazing. So they're going through all the different things in the mini bar and they were like, can we get hot chips? Hot chips and sit on the balcony And we were like, sure, some hot chips and sit on the balcony of the kids, So we did that.
Speaker 3: That's bloody to be honest, I know.
Speaker 2: Hot chips and milkshakes. They want to so they did that. We're all just sitting around having catching up, having your chat. Kids are having a great time and then they're like the mini bar. They're like what's this and they're asking about all the different its items in there, and they were like, can we have these potato chips or whatever, and Paul.
Speaker 3: Was like, yeah, sure, there's a mini Johnny Walker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make some margaritas were you're there, would your kids there's those mini pre mixed margaritas. We'll get some ice, shake it up. And they were like, oh, there's red frogs, like a pale little paper with their little clear windows, about nine six frogs in there for nine hundred bucks. Yeah exactly, and they go, can we have the red frogs? And Paul was like, no, I'm not giving you a bag of lollies. It's nearly lunchtime. We're going to go down Sick brother Pool. He's like, ohoo, yeah, actually it might have been it might have been their mum that said though, you're not having a bag. And they were like, we really want the red frogs. We really want the red frogs. No, no, you're not, like that's where they drew the line. You're not having a bag of lollies. Now we're going to go and have lunch.
Speaker 3: Just had chips in the milkship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, not doing it anyway. They I came home to Melbourne, Paul stayed there for an extra night. They all went out lunch, came home and he called his sister and said the red frogs had gone. One of the kids has stolen the red frogs. After you said no red frogs, hond He said, well, one of our nieces had famously been found with fifty dollars in her pocket after she'd visited her house once and said she slipped and fell over and it fell into me all the time when i'm and she had to call us and apologize and say I'm so sorry I slipped it and fell in. The fifty dollars fell into my pocket. She's ate, but something like Hudson would do, you just happened to fall in his pocket. So she was the prime suspect. So three girls got sat down. One of you has taken the bag of frogs. Who's taking the frocks? And they were like, we didn't You said we couldn't have the frogs. We didn't take the frocks.
Speaker 3: We're not leaving here, and the little one of you comes clean.
Speaker 2: Is this what you doing?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you three will stay here all day so you can discuss it between yourselves, but no one's leaving until you come clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that conversation had one of you a lie and they knew who they were pointing the finger out and she said, I know I tell lies sometimes, but I didn't take the frocks.
Speaker 3: The girl with the fifty dollars, yeah, I fall into my pocket.
Speaker 2: I know I've got form, but I didn't take the frock anyway, no one was buying it. I'm lying.
Speaker 3: I saw.
Speaker 2: I was in the shower and I got out of the shower on Monday night and I had formis calls from Paul in a message then me immediately, so I called him. I'm like, what's wrong, what's happened? As you didn't happen to take it bag of red frogs from our hotel and I was like.
Speaker 13: Um.
Speaker 12: Why.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, because the kids were told they couldn't have them and they've just all been sat down. Someone's taking the red frogs.
Speaker 3: Did you tell Paul they fell into your pocket?
Speaker 2: I was like, how much trouble did these kids get in for lying? He's like, they're in big trouble and I was like oh, So I was like, well, I can't tell him.
Speaker 3: I was like, Nanny, no, you take that to the grain.
Speaker 2: I definitely took the red frogs. I am sitting in my bed. I took him for the flight a little snackeroo on the fly.
Speaker 3: When you spoke to Paul.
Speaker 2: And then he was like, Lauren Phillips, did you take the red frogs? And I was like, I'm an adult. I don't need urus for permission. He's like, no, you don't. You just need to tell me so I can let the kids off. Those were not immediate. I let it fly for a bit, and then eventually I was like, hey, guys, was it worth it? You have still got some left mate.
Speaker 3: One of the big joys about having children is that you get to blame them for things. You can't blame it on the kids.
Speaker 14: Sure.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. If I don't want to go to an event, I reckon.
Speaker 2: Kids. He says things like, oh, I've got to take the kids to soccer.
Speaker 3: I can guys, one of them's got a temperature. I can't come to the event tonight.
Speaker 2: In fact, the other day you told me you said to someone sorry I missed your car and couldn't call you back. Actually hid my phone. Was that true or a lie?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: He's all remember when we first started and used to say, oh I can't make that meeting the kid fell off the trapoline. You've got children at this point you were thirteen children twenty fourteen? What have you let your kids take the fall for?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love this?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: What have you blamed on your kids?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: We got a three hundred dollars appliances online with out trap for grabs. You can shop appliances online set twentieth Birthday sale. It's on now save on thousands of products. That is a great website, easy to deal with.
Speaker 2: Love appliances online and I'm not perusing all the time. It gets liverd so quickly.
Speaker 4: What about when you backed into that pole when you can't.
Speaker 3: That was me? That one was me? Yeah? Thirty twenty four ten is our number? What have you blamed on your children?
Speaker 2: We are asking you on thirteen twenty four ten? What did you blame your kids for? Or what did you let the kids take the full?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 2: Brianna in Sunbury, what did you blame your two year old for?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 5: I dropped my phone and broke its screen, which costs about five hundred dollars to a place, and blame.
Speaker 6: It on my two year old?
Speaker 3: Who did you?
Speaker 2: Who did you tell that it was the two year old?
Speaker 3: Was it your partner or my husband?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you believe it so far. Please, it's just easier, it is, you know, otherwise you're going to crop the you know what a waste of money if I went out to spend two hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: You're always telling me to be more careful with.
Speaker 2: It thought, yeah, yeah, especially if they're telling you that, then you've got to find an excuse. It's also easy to blame the kids for breaking your phone.
Speaker 3: Rusty, what's you blame the kids for? A strong name? Yeah? Great name?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Miss missing the toilet bowl?
Speaker 4: I got.
Speaker 3: Did you it was you who missed the toilet bowl? Yeah? Yeah, and you just leave it, you know it's a bit harder. Yeah, right, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Sit down then.
Speaker 3: We're not sitting You can't sit down first thing in the morning.
Speaker 2: Do you know what we don't want to do with first thing in the morning? Your mess? Your mess? Boys?
Speaker 3: She believe it brooke him out, Martha, good morning, Hi, going, that was great? Wait, good brook. Are you blaming the kids for what?
Speaker 10: Scratching the new range Rover?
Speaker 2: How did you do it? And the story told I did.
Speaker 9: It the day before at the shopping center with the trolley of course, Yeah, like maybe two weeks.
Speaker 3: Jesus, it doesn't matter. It's a range. Was it much damage?
Speaker 10: It was a decent scratch, not overly deep or anything.
Speaker 4: But decent.
Speaker 3: So the kids did it, scoot, I said, the kids did it with their bike? Yeah? Yeah, handlebars trolleys around the same height as the handlebars of a bike.
Speaker 2: I mean it's fair enough.
Speaker 4: When that trolley picks up speed though, it's you know, it does cause some damage. You know what?
Speaker 3: I hate the wheel locks on the track, the wheels.
Speaker 2: What do you mean if you go too far away.
Speaker 3: Then the trolley just locks. I'm not ripping off your trolley. My car's just parking them further.
Speaker 4: What about when you're going up the escalators the locks in the and if you're not, if.
Speaker 3: You're if you're not to the site and you're in the middle, it's in the lineup and you're the wheels a lot. Yeah, I am David. Start me on cam up and big w and Aldi with the.
Speaker 2: Silly the a change on a chain. You know what when you made me go to Aldi and do the special barsday, that was trauma II. The trolley we needed the te token and then we tried to walk too far and the whole thing. I just like gave them winded myself going into the handle on the trolley.
Speaker 3: Was a b w the other day, and I didn't have a coin. But if you use your key, you can't jam it in. It pumps it out, doesn't not a house key like like the long thin.
Speaker 2: Actually, that lovely hobbler sent us some keys, like we spoke to.
Speaker 3: She sent some other foot doesn't just do keys, she does keys and other stuff. All right, Maddie in Grand bed West, good morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning.
Speaker 3: How old are you, Maddie?
Speaker 16: I'm twelve, all right?
Speaker 3: And what did you do?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 16: My mom bought this nine hundred dollars glass table like three weeks ago, and I started dancing on it. It broke, and then I blamed my brother for like standing on and bouncing the.
Speaker 2: Ball on it.
Speaker 3: Brilliant.
Speaker 2: How long did you get away with it for?
Speaker 16: Oh? She fund straight away, but like I blamed on him. Well he was ground like a month. And we're going to go to the Royal show.
Speaker 2: Oh and so now is he allowed to go and you're not allowed to go?
Speaker 16: No, it was last year. We weren't about to go. Way too expensive?
Speaker 3: Hang on, hang on, is this a long player to try and get family passes to the Royal Show.
Speaker 2: No, I'll give it, Yeah we will.
Speaker 3: How about how about we hook up with the family.
Speaker 2: Pass even if you made that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't go last year, so go this year.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: The Melbourne Royal Show packs more magic into one ticket, twelve hours of fun and one hundreds of free activities. You can pre purchase now and save at royalshow dot com.
Speaker 2: Dot are you, Maddie? Thank you so much, Maddie. Yeah. No more tabletop dancing.
Speaker 16: Okay, okay, I'm trying to do more TikTok.
Speaker 3: Tabletop down right, that's a good it's a good lesson in life, just to live by, to.
Speaker 2: Be honest, No more tabletop downcing at eleven, wait till you're at least eighteen.
Speaker 3: This is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here too. Getting said.
Speaker 4: Four footy finals prelim weekend. They are often the most hotly contested of all finals. Of course, it kicks off on Friday night. The Cats and the Hawks, two teams that don't like each other. Friday, a couple of rivals who played off in a Grand Final a few week years back in the lines and the Magpies.
Speaker 3: That's right from the Pies. Mason Cox is in the building, Good morning mate.
Speaker 4: A prelim final hits a little differently. Some players say they are sort of more intense than a Grand final.
Speaker 2: Really is that right?
Speaker 3: Like, what's it like a premium final?
Speaker 14: It's there's more support orders from each team. It's a bit corporate grand final where like you get the real die hards that like you know, are going absolutely nuts out of.
Speaker 2: Set and then they can't get to the ground.
Speaker 14: It's so expensive, it's like hundred bucks for a ticket.
Speaker 2: But I suppose the pressure of making the ground fire is like a huge part of it as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but I think like it's winter, go home no matter what from there on out. So yeah, it's exciting. It's a it's a crazy time g PA. Can't be plenty of supporters and can you feel.
Speaker 2: The energy in Melbourne at the moment? Like September just hits differently, doesn't it.
Speaker 14: It is weird, isn't it. I think it's like that and the fact that summer's around the corner, we really start feeling it. I mean, there's a few days in here you got okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, season already?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we should we take a leaf out of the NFL books and do tailgate parties?
Speaker 3: Yes? Should we have ideal AFL tape tailgate? Can you run me through what exactly it is? Beers? So? Like, so is it people just hanging out in the car park outside here stadiums? Yeah?
Speaker 14: Well, essentially, I mean, like usually with college football, there's a lot of an NFL at the same time, right, all these games are played on the same day, so you have other games to watch while you're sitting in the car park. So people bring TV satellites, all that kind of stuff. People bring big screen TVs and have in the back of their truck and watch other games. And then you essentially have a barbecue. Everyone barbecues out there, has drinks, has games. There's like cornhole and stuff like that with.
Speaker 2: A bag corn hole throw those little bean bags in the I thought.
Speaker 3: It was food.
Speaker 2: I'm quod at that.
Speaker 3: I'm very good at corn hob.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so you kind of bring all that stuff. There's three or four cars at part next to each other. You kind of have like a little bit of like a block party kind of thing.
Speaker 2: You've never heard of.
Speaker 4: Corn hops and then it's horrendous.
Speaker 3: Then you go into the stadium to watch a live game.
Speaker 14: Yeah, some people just go and TG some people don't even go to the game. And I always say, it's like the MCG. There's that car park around rich Man. You could do it there, or even better, you could just go and do it at the Tennis Center is literally like two hundred meters from the MCG. You could do a huge like shebang there.
Speaker 2: I think Ozie's a two wide.
Speaker 4: You. We used to have car park parties on Grand Final day, but they sort of I don't know why they fizzled out.
Speaker 2: The races right in the car park, the members car park, you get your car part you drive your car in and back in the day you just have a little picnic in the booty come like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I reckon, let's bring it back. Yeah I'll be up. You know, let's get through this weekend, focus on the Grand Final and then and then have you ever.
Speaker 2: Been to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: No, it's on my bucket list. It's like high, high, high up.
Speaker 2: That those tailgate parties look like they hit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's like that's not a tailgate party. That's like a real event.
Speaker 4: So the Lions makes a big assignment for the pause you've had had a week off. Take us into the mind of Craig McCrae, because he is I am obsessed with him. He's just such a he's a bit peculiar. But yeah, also so he's just.
Speaker 2: He seems like a dad.
Speaker 14: What's he like, Yeah, to get angry, not really disappointed. Yeah, yeah, disappointed. We have his quirks. He definitely has his quirks and staff. But he's one of those people I think that's like very personable. I think it's the best way to put it. And I think as a coach, like, I mean, you're gonna imagine there's forty four guys on a list, there's twenty twenty three that are playing every week. Like, you have to be able to manage personal relationships and that's probably ninety five percent of the job sometimes is trying to keep everyone on the same page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all that.
Speaker 14: So it's a big management role and he's really good at that.
Speaker 2: Looks like he's a dad to forty kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do a lot of one on one time.
Speaker 14: It's tough to do one on one with everyone every week. Yeah, he tries to for the guys that are obviously on the fringe and kind of you need to give that information too.
Speaker 3: He'll go and seek them out.
Speaker 14: But yeah, it's I think it's it's quite tough to be able to kind of see every single player.
Speaker 3: For you know, you know, and one on one he'd come up to your hip. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, I sit next to him in the meetings and it's quite funny because I look at my leg length and is twice like.
Speaker 3: You ever look over his notes? What he's rutting down? No, he never has notes.
Speaker 14: No, he's always got obviously the screen with the big you know, big side show.
Speaker 3: But I always wonder what's the anxiety, Like if you're sitting on the bench and you hear the phone ring, you know what I mean, you know it's you know, it's Craig up top.
Speaker 4: Now Craig stands he's on the He'll give you feedback to your face, look at the eyes and do it.
Speaker 3: Would you prefer he was up in the box or you like having him there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I like having him there.
Speaker 14: He doesn't really have a crack at chair. He just kind of gives you like kind of constructive criticism.
Speaker 3: I like that, which is good.
Speaker 14: I mean I remember like twenty twenty three in the Grand Final, like I missed a set shot at goal in a Grand final. Come to the bench and he's like, so you did this wrong. Whenever you're kicking, you got to you know, blah blah blah. And I'm sitting looking at him like it's the Grand Final, like these lessons are like, well, truly fast. We're in the moment now. But he's always trying to like help out, you know. It's quite funny. And he's always looked after me. He taught me how to kick, so he's always given me advice.
Speaker 2: I always think on the TV when you watch the foot it's so mean. How when someone's recept shot and they miss the goal right, like you feel a bit embarrassed. And then they keep that camera on you. Well they and they don't like the players don't know to start pointing and yelling and it's like it's like you're just trying to keep busy because you, like, I know, the cameras on me. I don't know what to do. I can't be disappointed, I can't be happy. I don't want to laugh at myself through your mind when you miss a set shot.
Speaker 14: Yeah, a few words, a few words. Probably know you're on camera, right, Yeah, yeah, but like I've had to stand in the mark quite a few times, and there's nothing better. I'll be able to really just shove that dagger deep in someone's back after they miss it.
Speaker 3: I think there's been times.
Speaker 4: You know, you're not the only one who references the big screen. The umpire is quite often look at the big screen like a sneaky eye to see if their free kick was correct. They do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, hopefully no missed set shots. Hopefully no incorrect free kicks.
Speaker 3: Big game ahead.
Speaker 2: Queen's Letters, Queensland, how it's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm from Queensland, but I want you to absolutely go and thrash them. Good luck this weekend. Thanks but I appreciate it. Good luck, Good morning Melbourne, guys. About you in there? On Ober one hundred, you are on the air with Jason and Lauren. Clint is here as well. We're doing it thanks to our mates and already it's yes, we are, we are. It's Wednesday. What are we doing.
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know today.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 3: You've just told me you crave vitamin What is it?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mom, wants to hear the balcony.
Speaker 2: I just want to stand on the balcony and get five minutes of vitamin D on my skin. Yeah, my skin. It's sunny and I don't know if it's going to stay that way, So I just want to get a little bit of sunshine.
Speaker 3: Every day, or two and a half days to go to a school. Holiday's kickot. I believe in this week.
Speaker 2: They definitely start on a Friday, a reckon. Some schools will start on the Thursday.
Speaker 3: Well, no ours do Friday, but they're doing the half day lunchtime. Yeah exactly, they might as well not go.
Speaker 15: Can you be?
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you for being. Do you know what we did one year? Because you know how radio we finish December. So one year we took the kids out of school, there was two weeks left at school. We took them out, went on a holiday, came back two days left of school. I sent it. That's all right, isn't it? Yeah? Yeahs and stuff?
Speaker 2: Fine, give a teacher as a presence.
Speaker 3: Still absolutely totally.
Speaker 2: Tell everyone about their holiday. Will you pretended they had gastro for two weeks?
Speaker 3: You got it right. The Lovely Melchresina is in next to have a great day everyone. Remember tomorrow prelim tickets.
Speaker 2: Yes, now both games are sold out, Laren, but we have your tickets Melbourne. Tune in all morning to find out how to win.
Speaker 3: That's right, Tomorrow and Friday your prelim tickets and then next week the big one tickets every hour of the show. So the twenty twenty five Toyota AFL Grand Final and win them here at Nova.
Speaker 2: Oh, she can feel Grand Final week in the air, can't.
Speaker 3: You have a great day. We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye, Lauren Laren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.
Speaker 6: Yeah,