Speaker 1: Right across Melbourne. Good morning, this is an over one hundred. You are on the air with Jason and Lauren. We are live from Alberg House at the top of Mount Buller is where you'll find us this morning with some of the best snow of the season.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, there is a snowstorm coming over the weekend. I think there's about thirty up to thirty seven centimeters of snow coming over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Hey, not just at Alberg House, but in the breakfast buffet if you don't mind, Sorry for crashing breakfast everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just woken up.
Speaker 5: They're like, what is this here?
Speaker 6: It's just one of my ribs in peace.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not happening this morning. You got us.
Speaker 5: How good is an automatic pancake machine?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, there's not there is. And Macy, who works on our show, has had it.
Speaker 6: Was astonished.
Speaker 4: Her mind was blown with the pancake machine.
Speaker 5: She's like, you just hit the button and it makes a pancake perfect every time.
Speaker 6: She is from South Australia.
Speaker 4: Yet it's still on shaken bake over there.
Speaker 5: What pancakes or the machine exactly.
Speaker 2: Hey, we are at Mount Buller, which we're very lucky to be here. We've got trips to give away shortly, so make sure you stay tuned to that. If if you'd like to win yourself a little trip up here, you've got to sing for the snow. So write a song and sing it to us about why you want to come to Mount Buller and that trip could be yours.
Speaker 4: But we've come up here on a family road trip.
Speaker 2: Clint, Jase, myself very wholesome, Jason's nine year old son, Hodey, which has been really cool. And it's been like cool for Clinton and I to see you and your son experienced snow together for the first time. Yeah, it was cool, Like he was so excited driving out the mountain and.
Speaker 1: Then you afternoon everyone went off for their you know, sort of alone time in him and I were just out the front having a snowball force.
Speaker 6: It was so cool, so cool.
Speaker 4: We also gave him a milkshake before we drove up the mountain.
Speaker 2: And Jason's paranoia about Hudson throwing up in the back of my car as we went around the one.
Speaker 6: I mean, I didn't want it to happened, but I was sort of cheering for it.
Speaker 5: I was just why a milkshake before the mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's hanging out with Auntie La and an uncle Clint so and he wanted a milkshake. So we said, sure, no problem. And you nearly made him sick by the amount of times you said, you're right, hug, You're I forward, You're gonna be sick, mate, put.
Speaker 6: You down, come on, and you just like that.
Speaker 4: I'm fine.
Speaker 5: I just didn't want to have to deal with.
Speaker 4: The spearmanty in the back of mind.
Speaker 3: Now, I was quite taken aback by the preparation because we you know, there's a lot of work that goes in a lot of skiing.
Speaker 6: You need to be safe and.
Speaker 2: You've got to have your ski pads, your ski jacket. So we went to the rental shop.
Speaker 4: Now, I was done in about five minutes.
Speaker 6: You're quick.
Speaker 4: I already had my ski bit, so I just need skis. I was done.
Speaker 2: So I was sitting there overheating for Clint. You you were pretty quick.
Speaker 4: How long do you reckon? It took Jason Hawkins, let's find an outfit. He was happy with you. Well to find a helmet.
Speaker 3: Let's say the Hawkins family, because both of them combined. We're in there for what ninety minutes, I can an.
Speaker 4: Hour and a half. Week.
Speaker 6: We're in the mind you.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there with my these pants. I'm not happy with these pants. No, the boots are so an hour and a half, I reckon. We sat there in the ski rental shop.
Speaker 4: Mind you.
Speaker 2: I'm in my skegee, ready to get so. I've got my fermals on, I've got my jacket. I am shooting sweating because it's warm in there. Jason is in an absolute flat.
Speaker 6: But Wetna, we got that in green.
Speaker 4: The helmet's too small. You got extra extra larche.
Speaker 2: There's a big head. Have you seen what I look like in a beanie? I need a big helmet. So we all sat there and we thought, we're all in this together.
Speaker 6: We're all good together.
Speaker 2: We're all gonna wait for Jace to get dressed for the snow. We waited, we as a family collectively. Oh, Hudson lost his gloves. That was another saga. Jase wouldn't let me get a new pair. Carls and I was scared that poor little boys fingers were going to fall.
Speaker 5: You go to teach him look after your stuff.
Speaker 2: It was the first day anyway, So we get on the chair lift after an hour and a half and we pop. We're all on it together. Up we go up the chairlift for our big day of skiing. We've spent all day driving here.
Speaker 4: We spent an hour.
Speaker 3: High pressure as well, isn't it. You've got to get it right getting on and getting off.
Speaker 6: Is you know? There's an art to it?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 5: It's like holding the line up at the airport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, security thing, have you have your laptop out?
Speaker 2: Clinton and I were in front of you, purely so we could turn around and watch you trying to dismount anyway, seamless dismount.
Speaker 6: But she did.
Speaker 4: She was staggering, amazing, amazing.
Speaker 2: We are lucky enough to be staying this beautiful hotel, Alberg House, which is a skiing ski out hotel. So the chairlift drops you right at the hotel. Jay s gets off the chairlift skis what do you reckon thirteen meters?
Speaker 6: Well, that's generous to the.
Speaker 2: Front door, takes his skis off and says, I've experienced and that'll do me.
Speaker 5: Then we went and played pool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that was it, a true winter sport.
Speaker 2: Put his shorts back on and went and played pool. Thirteen seconds you lasted on the snow time and that was it. We had lessons ski instructor just for you. The afternoon of no, no, you didn't, I said, I would like to have the ski instructure because I'm okay skier instructor.
Speaker 1: You can't photoga, you can't actually request she would.
Speaker 5: Have loved it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'd like the lesson, and they said, oh no, it's now been given to Leo's.
Speaker 6: Stantaway nephew four years of age.
Speaker 4: And lasted longer out there.
Speaker 6: He was out there two hours and zipping up and down.
Speaker 5: Berks was sitting there playing pool.
Speaker 2: Jace Hawkins, you're a quitter. Thirteen seconds he lasted on the snow. So where do you want to know? How quickly did you quit? Did you go to a job and you lasted one day and you quit. Did you decide you were going to be a footy player and you did your knee on day one and you quit?
Speaker 3: Did you take up a hobby? People take up hobbies and then they're like, nah, I bort to that. I did the trumpet for one lesson trump.
Speaker 4: I would pay quitter.
Speaker 3: Has anyone got a trumpet? I would pay good money to see Jace Hawkins on the trumpet.
Speaker 4: Well he did it for one day that lasted longer than his skiing.
Speaker 5: I look like Harold on Neighbors.
Speaker 2: On thirteen twenty fourteen, Melbourne. How quickly did you quit? What did you take up? And what did you throw the towel in early?
Speaker 4: Was it a job? Was it a hobby? Was it a sport?
Speaker 5: Over feeling?
Speaker 1: People are going to be dubbing in partners here? Yeah, give us a ring thirteen twenty four ten. In return, I got tickets to every one the movie up for grabs. What do you want to hear from the Quitters of.
Speaker 2: Melbourne thirteen twenty four ten, Melbourne, We want to know how quickly did you quit something?
Speaker 4: Are you a quitter like Jace.
Speaker 7: Elizabeth, Lauren and Clint?
Speaker 4: How are you warning Elizabeth you're a quitted.
Speaker 7: No, it's not me so similar story to Jase. Took our friends up to Mount.
Speaker 8: Fuller for four days.
Speaker 7: Our friend decided after twenty.
Speaker 8: Minutes that he was done and went to the bar.
Speaker 4: It spent four days in the bar.
Speaker 5: Great bar.
Speaker 4: Very easy to do.
Speaker 6: Quiper, Yeah, our prey skiz is it's a passionate mine.
Speaker 5: Many different types of people to make them out and work.
Speaker 6: It does, thank you.
Speaker 4: If you had have just said, guys, I don't want to ski, you would say, but.
Speaker 5: I don't want to ski ski? Oh my god, I'm going to begin today.
Speaker 6: It was an experience.
Speaker 4: See how long you know? What's your what's your money?
Speaker 5: Well, like you said earlier, you have one, yeah.
Speaker 2: One fifteen minutes. It'll take them an hour to get dressed in the snow.
Speaker 1: Given I'm just going to get on the shorts, all right, thirteen twenty fourteen is out of number.
Speaker 5: What have you quit?
Speaker 6: Mari is Mario or Marie in here's Dale?
Speaker 7: Good morning, It's Mary, Hell, good morning, guys.
Speaker 6: When did you quit?
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Look, it was a long time ago. But I went to a new school and for about three or four hours in I went to the reception and said, can you call my monthly? And they rang and I said, get me out of here, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not and everything.
Speaker 7: No, it was actually I could wear the previous school that I was in about and Mum was at work and I said, well, I'm not waiting till the end of the day to grab me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mum would have been thrilled with that.
Speaker 5: I quit. It a high school after one day? Did you it wasn't for you, it wasn't for me?
Speaker 6: Straight into radio?
Speaker 4: Or did you get thrown out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I quit like it was not for you. Year eleven, I was like, it's a bit rough for me. I'm not going to last in the year.
Speaker 4: I'm rough for you? Are you delicate, little wolf?
Speaker 5: Unless like a ship from the uniform shop.
Speaker 3: Now you might recall that I, once upon a time bought myself for an acoustic guitar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, it's next to the mirror in your bedroom, pointed at the.
Speaker 6: Bed, were waiting seductively for someone to listen to my tunes?
Speaker 4: But it is did you learn a song?
Speaker 5: Did you think so?
Speaker 3: I think I might have had a strum one days, then talking about the guitar, and then and then she's just been sitting in the corner.
Speaker 4: Yeah you retired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I've been talking about Greek school, and I reckon, I'm not going to last that long. Or you were sick when I was saying when you'll be Greek?
Speaker 1: Remember she came in on Monday, dress like she worked in a Greek restaurant. Yes, and then Tuesday, when you're away.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go.
Speaker 4: He goes to Greece for one week.
Speaker 6: You can go to Jim's Greek tavern. Just school. Yes, it's an education.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Louisa. Good morning. Did you quit something?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 8: As part of my UNI degree, I had to study a language as my major, and I failed the first semester of Italian. So I went back to study it again, and I laughed at about an hour and about during the break and never went back.
Speaker 4: There you go. Did you go to be me at Greek school Louisa?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Probably. Talking about languages are hard. You've got to persist. Yeah, And I do quit things.
Speaker 5: I had a job a Channel seven. I quit halfway through.
Speaker 6: You're a cable guy.
Speaker 5: He was a cable guy at the foot halfway halfway through, Like there's.
Speaker 1: The camera guy running up and down the sideline and then behind him, I'd be rolling the like running with the cable. All my mates were hammerd on the hill screaming cable guy. And in the second half I was just like what am I doing? He so I just put the cable on the ground.
Speaker 4: This is not for me.
Speaker 5: This is not for me.
Speaker 4: Through the game too much running What were you thinking?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Lauren.
Speaker 4: You don't run. He needed one of those segues.
Speaker 5: Doing more than the bloody what's going on.
Speaker 6: You should take up the guitar. That's what you need, a guitar. I'm good if I.
Speaker 2: See Jason's guitar in his hand, singing your body Land, Lauren. Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials