Speaker 1: We've got get you every day, every adelaides and I don't know.
Speaker 2: This. This is hard to get your head around.
Speaker 3: Two pilots reportedly fell asleep for twenty eight minutes on a flight through Indonesia.
Speaker 2: What two pilots?
Speaker 3: So what you do is, when you've got two pilots, if one falls asleep, you make sure the second one doesn't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a rotation system.
Speaker 3: But then when they both fall asleep, Oh, you're in all sorts of things.
Speaker 2: You're really relying to heavily and autopilot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to diminish the role of pilots at all, But how much when you fly a plane is it all done for you? And how much are you genuinely in control?
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty solid, but you don't want to rely on it too much, though, do you do?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: According to a prelim report release on the weekend by the National Transportation Safety Community, that's a KNKT crazy Christmas parties. By the way, if you've ever been to a k and KT Christmas party, oh my god, hung over a month's weren't itip. Both pilots fell asleep at the same time for almost half an hour leading to the plane going off course, or one hundred and fifty three passengers landed safely in Jakarta and there are no injuries reported. But what about when you're sitting there and just stay every sort a few minutes, you're waiting for the captain to speak and just.
Speaker 2: Nothing. All right, here he goes nothing. Guys are just guys are just chucking z's around.
Speaker 4: This nooz Jeremy your awake? Not Stephen awake?
Speaker 3: Oh thirteen twenty four ten. When have you fallen asleep at an inappropriate time? Quite randomly? Let's just bring news reader Abbey into this. Anything you want to add to this particular story. I mean, could you contribute to that question?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon apps?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a few times. Let's just say I've either.
Speaker 6: Not waken up or I have had a little nap at a time that I shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 5: It happens when.
Speaker 6: You get up at three o'clock in the morning, three thirty in the morning, I'm tired as open.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 7: So yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're the mumped two sausage dogs. It's a lot on your plate. Yeah, However, falling asleep on the couch here at over while you're supposed to be reading the news, I mean question marks. And but you know what, at least you had no one else to blame but yourself. So if, for example, if you and I, if you would have fall asleep while we're supposed to be on air, Yeah, and I fell asleep at the same time. Yeah, who's drugging the ship?
Speaker 3: Well that's a very good point. And you've seen me fall asleep. Well, I've been standing up before because I can do that. I can absolutely.
Speaker 5: I was I'm yeah, I don't have an excuse.
Speaker 6: I was sick, no one was here, everyone was holidays, I was dying, and I just couldn't be bothered.
Speaker 4: No, I don't have an excuse. And then you've just loosed.
Speaker 2: Off eight seventeen excu.
Speaker 3: I remember back in the day when I was Castanova, and I would never encourage your sort of behavior. But I remember after a really big night. Of course I was completely sober. I need to absolutely stamp down on that, but I was just a little bit sleep deprived, and I remember genuinely behind the wheel out of a traffic light.
Speaker 4: For what we are you driving the Casanova.
Speaker 2: Coat getting woken up by a co casanova a little bit dangerous. Yeah, it was a different time, guys, it was a different time.
Speaker 4: It was Andrew.
Speaker 5: Jody.
Speaker 6: Surely with two jobs and four children, you've had a snooze at an inappropriate time.
Speaker 4: I have to say. On Saturday night when the whole family was over for a barbecue, there was like a little outdoor couch and one of my kids said to me, Mum, every time I looked over at you, you were like blinking, like trying to stay awake. There are moments like that. There's no question it's good, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten? When you have you fallen asleep at an inappropriate time? Because sometimes sleeps just whacks your right between the face. Also, we've got some tickets to see the beautiful Joel Crease in his brand new comedy show and Boom for the Best Call.
Speaker 4: Do you know when you have fallen asleep in an inappropriate time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Time time I start talking about my netball team. He's going to a good morning. Amber who fell asleep at an inappropriate moment?
Speaker 8: That's my partner, Dylan. He's from the UK and he used to work in the police And yeah, he was on a night shift and there was this emergency call through which they were on the way to. But he must have been coming down with something because he was feeling flat and he fell asleep on the way and he woke up to all like the blue lights and the sirens and people in handcuffed and he basically missed the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So what was he Was he in the front seat or what was going on?
Speaker 8: He must have been lea the passenger. So he just said asleep in the front and everyone else handled it.
Speaker 3: So you said he's a former cop, that he's dismissal or he just moved on to a different job, and he did.
Speaker 9: It in the UK.
Speaker 8: Now he's in Australia.
Speaker 4: He got deported. Wow, thank you so much. You're in the running for first class and fifty K just for being on air pat who fell asleep at an inopportune time.
Speaker 9: I used to work in the family court for many years, and you know, when your blood sugar gets lowered around three o'clock in the afternoon and you're listen to boring cross examination, I'd fall asleep in front of the litigants and the parties and then you know, and that was always very embarrassing, so you start to develop some tactics like I'd eat the inside of my cheek, or I'd have ice water in front of me just to keep awake.
Speaker 3: Out so you would not off quite on the red, or you'd always stop yourself.
Speaker 9: Well, sometimes I'd doze off and then that would be embarrassing, and then other times you'd be biting the inside of my cheek to the point where it bled. Just stay awake.
Speaker 4: Quite often in court, look at the sheriff's officers and their shifts are quite small, short. But my god, sometimes I think to our not nodding off.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, And we used to have to make sure that the judge always had ice water as well, because they would doze off at times as well.
Speaker 3: Guilty, what that wakes you up?
Speaker 2: I'm getting vibes in the Simpsons.
Speaker 3: You know that episode you probably don't know Joe's where it's Upo's involved and home is in court and he's asleep.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, good, Yes, I'd like to bring something to their goods.
Speaker 5: Dan, give those glasses to the bailiff.
Speaker 2: You just need to get those.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Danny who fell asleep at the wrong time.
Speaker 10: Well after We had a four day pass with the clipstore, and by day three I just needed a little nap under the tree.
Speaker 4: At Okay, Danny, how on earth are you falling asleep with the noise of those supergaass.
Speaker 10: Going very easy, really not out for an hour, and then.
Speaker 9: I was good to go.
Speaker 4: Good on you.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, that's awesome. You can sleep through the noise of clips.
Speaker 4: You can sleep through oh my gosh. Not sure, Danny. Did you sleep with those what are those fighter JITs that go pass?
Speaker 10: Quite possibly? I don't remember seeing them.
Speaker 4: So maybe well done, Emilia. I when did you fall asleep?
Speaker 11: Weding guys?
Speaker 12: After a big night out? I had basically a specialist appointment at the at the eye specialists, and then I ended up, like you know, sitting in his chair, and then I just was dozing off, and as a person is as Immet is trying to wake me up and saying, hey, you're I'm like, yeah, yeah, I'm alright, so I know you're you're snoring. I was, oh, sorry, it's just when they was shining the bright light though in my eyes. I just kept dozing off, and because I had a late night the night before, and it just kept happening. So I forty five minute appointment was turned into like an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So really they didn't jam your eyes I opened? Did they?
Speaker 3: So every time they're trying to look at your eyes and you were like just blinking off.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to keep my eyes open. But then they're just rolling back and I'm just like just going like snoring, and then they nudge me, saying you're falling asleep. I'm like, oh no, no, I'm not, like, yeah, you're snoring. And I was like what I.
Speaker 4: Love that They're trying to test Amelio's eyes and they're like, Emelio, can you read the bottom line over there? What are you saying? Just black mates?
Speaker 2: Just like.
Speaker 1: PA's where you're waking up to Adelaide The news today, Breaking news, what's news today?
Speaker 4: Those snooziness. This is where we ripped through all the stories that are important to you as you wake up this morning. Let's go to Abbey in the newsroom.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 6: So obviously the very hot weather didn't really stop us from not enjoying the mad March long weekend they reckon more than seven thousand headed to Moufatville to watch Adelaide Cup which is good. All of the pictures I saw from Womad there were all of everyone there, which was great.
Speaker 5: And then obviously the fringe is still running as well.
Speaker 6: Temperatures though it got down to about twenty eight overnight in the city. At twelve thirty, it was still thirty one, and then it dropped to about year twenty eight twenty seven around three o'clock when I was getting up. So yeah, it's still still a hot one. We're not going to see much relief until Thursday. Thursday, it's set to drop to twenty four, so that's good. Yeah, but yeah, thirty four again today, another thirty. I think it's thirty two tomorrow, so nice and hot.
Speaker 4: What were crowds like at womat because everyone was like, oh, it's gonna be so hot.
Speaker 6: Apparently they moved a lot of stuff around so there was more things in shade. Didn't see much to do with the bat situation. Didn't see too many fooling and people posting about it.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to be knee deep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of how it came across, to be honest.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I didn't see too many people reporting back on the that situation.
Speaker 5: So hopefully they're still okay.
Speaker 4: All the people going around collecting the bat bins from the weaken like, oh nothing nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sorry, we'll find out a bit more today. We'll find out some numbers as well.
Speaker 5: It's just a bit early, so just waiting for everyone to wake up and.
Speaker 4: Give us that. People at the cup yesterday too, Yes I saw that. Yeah it was packed all right. Kate Middleton conspiracy theories please discuss. It's incredible. So the last time she was seen was just December twenty five, Christmas Day. Who would have known what was about to unfold with Cape Middleton. So then the Palace several weeks later announced that she'd had a dominal surgery, so all the gossip has been swirling since then. She's had a Brazilian butt lift, she's going on Love Island. She had a fringe cut and now she's growing it out because she hates it.
Speaker 13: That's where we are, and.
Speaker 2: Now that's probably quite believable for a woman.
Speaker 4: Yes it is. Oh my god, I look awful with a fridge. I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: For someone who you know, whatever she does in every single situation, she's getting a photographed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you had a bad haircut. You'd be like, right for a couple of.
Speaker 4: Months, and now there's a photo that's been released, but no one's running it, like Reuter's or the news agencies the same. We can't. That's against our doctoring policy because they're saying it's all been photoshopped, which it has. Clearly you can see there's something a bit amiss with her hand, like a Kardashian photo that's always a bit warped at some point because they've messed with it so much, And now people are saying that's not even her, she's been photo shopped in from a Vogue cover shoot from years ago. Like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: I'd love it if it was a family fate of mine, they'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, Oh, it's definitely AI, because the daughter's wearing shoes on the wrong feet.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or maybe lot he just likes to select her own clothing and put it on her feet. So that's where we're at with Cape Middleton.
Speaker 3: Watch this space, AI, what an excuse for everything?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Susie's spend the next thirty seconds or so just saluting Alex Carrey and what he did yesterday over the weekend frustrated cricket team. It's just ridiculous because he's had no right to win that, by the way, and you're looking at me like you're not quite you're not as interested in this as you should.
Speaker 4: Be, because I'll tell you why. The NBL Finals are on, so I'm interested in that. And also we've just ripped into footage season, so cricket's a little bit low on my round.
Speaker 3: You're very much kidding me. You're going to say you're going to put the mbol finals, the playoffs, which we don't have a team in there. You're going to put that above Alex Carey scoring ninety eight, not out carrying Australia. Yes, so what will now be a pretty famous victory over the keyword Yes?
Speaker 4: You know why because because basketball is exciting and it's two hours, and it's run and one and it's entertainment from start to finish.
Speaker 6: Cricket, however, goes through about eight hours every day. We may not have a team in there, but the jack Jumpers.
Speaker 4: Thank you there, Tazzy jack Jumpers, the Jackies, we love them.
Speaker 5: We're on.
Speaker 3: Is this what I think? Thank you ladies. This is what it feels like when I talk to you about sports.
Speaker 2: You don't care about feelings. It's a real shallow, empty feeling.
Speaker 4: Oh you can't tell me Will Magnet isn't an entertainment machine.
Speaker 2: I definitely can.
Speaker 4: I definitely can do say that to his face.
Speaker 6: Do you know how bad this is? I didn't even know that there was cricket on. Yeah, I got in this morning and went, oh, far out there was cricket on. No, bo didn't watch it over the whole weekend.
Speaker 2: Bloody busy with the general.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was very busy.
Speaker 2: There. That is your post.
Speaker 4: It you watch the cricket because you were having relations with the peacock, and.
Speaker 2: The peacock were busy between the sheets sheets.
Speaker 5: It was too hot for sheep.
Speaker 3: Spirit spirits of details that it's right now. Oh my gosh, it just rose about thirty.
Speaker 4: Eight degrees ever had feathers against your skin.
Speaker 3: And that goady believeable stuff. I'm just going to put this out there straight away. Who does the budgeting at your house?
Speaker 4: Husband?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right? Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 4: Because he's good at that stuff, and he's a man who is very adept at a spreadsheet, and that is sexy.
Speaker 2: Yeah is it?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 4: There you go anyone. If you're a bloke and you can use Excel, I probably want to jump in.
Speaker 2: Wow. Who saw that coming? Not me?
Speaker 3: I thought it was going to be something physical, like if you could work an aile gun, or you could do something nuts, or to trade e.
Speaker 4: Based skun Excel spreadsheet.
Speaker 2: Love it because I had all those nerves are picking up right now, Like.
Speaker 11: Finally lif wed beautiful, skinny, soft hands, he says.
Speaker 4: Jimney accountant who's been tapping away at his computer for years. He's like, finally I'm wanted.
Speaker 3: Finally Physically, he's just not what stereotypically a woman wants. But finally Tim's like, I'm on, I'm on, I'm too old. Well, then you're going against the grain if you guys were living in Japan. In Japan, traditional gender roles strongly influence household finances, with wives typically managing budgets even when both partners work.
Speaker 4: Wow, so wives are allocating allowances.
Speaker 3: Yes, and one hundred percent. I could quite as a live in Japan. Yeah, paradis everything caundoms are budgeting. She gives me a weekly allowance. Oh, a certain amount of money and it's not much, by the way, goes into my can every single week. That's how much I can use. And that's not just at her request, but it's also at my request as well. Okay, because I'm not a smart I was about saying, I'm not a smart man, not a smat even say smart.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm not good with money at all?
Speaker 4: No, right, and so what are you spending your money on?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I eat out too much first and foremost you should do you know when people say, oh, he's fifty bucks, it's your last fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: What would you use?
Speaker 3: And so I say, oh, I'd adverse that I do this and this, I'd be like, no, I'm going to spend forty bucks on a big, hearty breakfast, because once I've got a big, beautiful breakfast, eggs, bake.
Speaker 2: And all the other sides, then I can come up with the planet.
Speaker 4: Got ten bucks left to sort your life out?
Speaker 2: You got ten bucks, then you probably get a juice, maybe cut the coffee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then you're like, oh, ten bucks left, God, that halloomy looks delicious.
Speaker 13: Chuck that on there, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Put that on there as well.
Speaker 3: Now I completely agree with this, and yeah, I would understand as well, how you're not good at budgeting for example. For example, and once again, bless you, bless you jokes. But when you've got free range to your bank account, you bought me this ridiculous stuff, and this is all you're always going to come back to this.
Speaker 2: You brought me this, this.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous stuff from gold Coast which is supposed to help my manky feet. But you bought it off a spoke on the side of the street whose name was what Jim or Barry or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know his phone numbers on there. Feel free to call him if you're not happy with the product and you've still got fungal infection on your.
Speaker 2: Big toe, well I still very much do. I think it might be getting worse. Well, also, this number doesn't exist.
Speaker 13: That is bad because that was my last sixty bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, and now Jim is enjoying a delicious breakfast with all the side.
Speaker 5: Now that's a job.
Speaker 2: That was a joke. That's a joke, jobs a terrible job. Yeah, this is how you start your week off.
Speaker 3: And given we usually do this on a Monday, it's just had a bit of a sleepover and now we're doing the Monday morning joke off on Tuesday, Oh.
Speaker 4: It's woken up tired. You know when your kids have a sleepover and they go to sleep at one am. The next day, the parents hand them back to you and you're like, what what have you done?
Speaker 2: What have you done? Kids fed sugar and didn't let you.
Speaker 4: Slate's like a feral beast right now.
Speaker 2: The genuine little sugar junkies.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, so the joke off, that's the mood it's in this morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, which seamlessly brings a news reader abby in morning morning.
Speaker 4: Speaking of moods, how we tracking after a long weekend?
Speaker 5: I didn't have to work all long weekend for once, so it was nice.
Speaker 2: Very refreshing.
Speaker 4: Good. You should be up and about.
Speaker 2: No comment? Who wants to go first? Joe to kick it on?
Speaker 4: I can if you like, sure, all right, we'll guess what happened over the weekend. What I just got like hospitalized due to a peekaboo accident. Yeah, I know you. They put me in ic U A.
Speaker 2: Separate the letters. That's pretty good, I did.
Speaker 4: They're stealing a joke of into it.
Speaker 2: Yeap, that is classic.
Speaker 3: I'll give it a bit of a crack now if you don't mind, and it will build up to you, perhaps because you're always so strong, willing and courageous in the space.
Speaker 5: I think mine's quite long today, and I think I'm going to get fired.
Speaker 3: So you say that every week, You say it every week, So how about you actually walk the walk this week. Mine's more of a statement too, if I'm honest with you. So look, I'm just gonna throw some sums at you. If special happy cuddles with three people is called a threesome, especially special happy times with mum and dad with four people is called it foursome, and I guess now it's clear why everyone calls me handsome.
Speaker 2: You get it, she doesn't get it.
Speaker 5: As I was going to do this joke to you today, but I went enough because it's too dirty.
Speaker 2: I'll rote it fast to your first Abby.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was girnie handsome.
Speaker 6: Why would they called hazy handsome? I don't understand if a threesome is a fowesome is handsome?
Speaker 2: But it's fun, isn't it? All right? Clean us up?
Speaker 4: But we're already in the gutter.
Speaker 5: Abs, I can't believe I was going to do that.
Speaker 6: And actually, yeah, anyway, okay, so there's two people they're getting a little bit older, and they're sort of hard of hearing. Okay, they're having some problems in the bedroom. So they go to a psychologist and they say, you know, we're having some issues, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: What can we do?
Speaker 6: And she said, well, you both sort of getting to the point where you're hard of hearing, so you need to come up with a non verbal way to talk to each other when you're feeling in the mood. So the woman says, okay, well, how about if you want to or if you sorry, if you don't want, She says to her partner, if you don't want, you know, adult cuddles, reach around and grab my boob and press it once, and she goes, if you do want to reach around grab it twice. And the guy's like, yeah, okay, cool, no problems.
Speaker 4: Fairly straightforward.
Speaker 6: So he says then to her, okay, with me, maybe with me, maybe with me, reach around once and grab my undercarriage if you don't want it. But if you do reach around and grab it fifty times, she gets, I reckon, he'd.
Speaker 5: Still be pretty happy.
Speaker 4: I love that the person who laughed at hardest at that joke was Abby, because it was funny.
Speaker 3: Oh do you know it's always arm as really really lame, cheesy jokes.
Speaker 7: That's it, boy, Tom, I was gonna say, Jody.
Speaker 2: Tom Wren joins us next to wrap up the Weekend the Weekend.
Speaker 7: Sports rap.
Speaker 4: Up about this segment so very much, the fact that you're a sports reporter, you could easily handle any sport that is thrown at us on the weekend, But because you love Tommy so much, we have to get him in each and every week to talk about sports too.
Speaker 2: Is better than one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you put these two beautiful my brains together, anything could be so I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 4: We were just sitting on the couch then during the song and Tommy was rubbing your leg like it was the most natural thing in the world.
Speaker 2: Just give me inspiration.
Speaker 4: That's what we do.
Speaker 2: It's our way. I've given each other a peptal.
Speaker 7: He's up and about now a.
Speaker 2: Spring in his step.
Speaker 3: Now, welcome ready, Hey, let's get straight into a bit of footy. Obviously it started last week, but for us it starts this week.
Speaker 11: It sort of felt like it was an okay start. Not sure if they should do it every season, worth a crack, but I don't think it was an overall massive winner. Was it the opening round? It was okay, a bit underwhelming. The Thursday night game Friday night was a cracker Brisbane Carlton. But look they tried it. They've done it four games on the weekend. We've got the full gamut this weekend Crows and Port of course playing. But a bit of a blow for Port Adelaide with Oli layd out with that broken leg. I guess it solves the issue of how they're going to fit all those tuol forwards in. They don't have to play Lord for at least six weeks. But disappointing because he looked like he had had a pretty good preseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and came off the track as well. And isn't it funny when if you go to the and get a scan and they tell you're out for eight weeks and it's actually relief. So on his way, the report was that they were so confident that he'd done an ACL and then gets a scan back it's a cractivia with a little bit of bone bruising, which isn't great, but very very repairrable and no sort of aftermak It's eight weeks.
Speaker 11: Actually not a bad results That's pretty good, isn't it. So you know, second half of the season he should be available. He's only young twenty one. I mean we saw in that final against Brisbane last year. He's got games. So hopefully they get him back and he can make a real impact second half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first half round was really weird. It was like being a little bit pregnant, like you.
Speaker 11: Either you're in or you're out, totally with you, Yeah, exactly, it was really weird. It was bizarre, great result for Gold Coast and didn't GWS make a big statement against colin Wood. They looked outstanding in that game. Thoughts on Mason Cox bizarre. If you're going to pick a target of someone to run into, don't go into. Shane Mumford spot on.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to all emerge that and I know he did the whole Suger my podcasts for my version of events and everything, but it seems like what's going to eventually come out today is that GWS took one of their balls and then Mason Cox went and grabbed the ball while they were using it near little rut contests, so he basically took the ball back, but still it.
Speaker 7: Was just clumsy, wasn't it. It was a bizarre incident.
Speaker 11: Look, I don't think there'll be too much to come out of it, but I think he's probably lucky that the Big Mummy didn't fire up or you know, grab me a choker hold or something.
Speaker 4: Can I just say what everyone's thinking. I don't like Mason Cox.
Speaker 2: Oh what we love Mason Cox? Everyone, Mason Cox? What's your problem?
Speaker 7: I think joke might be with the majority.
Speaker 3: Actually, as everything we'll talk about, I know, to stitch up.
Speaker 4: Certainly that's not what you were saying during the songs, was it?
Speaker 3: Look a bit of fun from the big fella and Taylor Walker, yes, being the big fellas well.
Speaker 7: Back spasms, A little bit worried he's thirty three.
Speaker 11: Look, he was so good last year, you know, arguably his best every year in the competition, all Australian, but slight concern. Did look a little bit ginger yesterday at training. Hopefully he should be our I think you'll play. But that's a bit of a watch this week for the Crows fans.
Speaker 3: Question with that, notice, Ronnie is Taylor Walker the Crow's most important player and given as well, you've got blokes like Jordan Dawson playing.
Speaker 7: I think he probably is huge.
Speaker 11: That said, I actually think gamble responsibly Jordan Dawson for the brown Low is a very very good chance this season.
Speaker 4: Speaking of gambling, did you have a little punt on the cup yesterday? Tom Ren?
Speaker 13: I know you're part of a little.
Speaker 4: Little group there where you all like to have a little flutter responsibly.
Speaker 11: A lot of groups actually, and then one on my own which goes pretty badly. But yeah, great ride. I was disappointed for Jamie Carr and the murray Bridge connections will be mcgilvrayin Dan Clark. But a great run by Harry Coffee. That was a really good race, good crowd out there. They're doing a lot of good things essay racing. So it was a fantastic day and at a great race, a really thrilling results. So well onto all of the connections yesterday for acceleration very nice.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Hey, before we let you.
Speaker 3: Get out of here, you know the drill. I know it's not Monday, but it's Tuesday. We've carried the Monday morning joke off over.
Speaker 2: So what have you got for us?
Speaker 11: Well, this one is worth the wait. So what do you call a pony with a sore throat, a little horse.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yes, we've come off the long.
Speaker 4: Run for that, Bob.
Speaker 2: Be worth a year and a half way ready, thank you?
Speaker 7: Oh goodness, I'll see myself out.
Speaker 2: All right, there she is produces.
Speaker 4: We've just been told not to abuse the adjudicator this week. I like that.
Speaker 2: I tell you not to do it.
Speaker 1: Someone else has had to intervene stop doing it.
Speaker 2: I like Joe's with the team optioning it. She said, we've been told.
Speaker 4: It's definitely you're Can I just confess something. I've had two big coffees this morning and it's messed with my central nervous systems, so my anxiety is.
Speaker 2: Through the roof. Is good?
Speaker 4: No, it's not genuinely No, it's got the other way.
Speaker 1: So I think if we're reading between the lines, hazy, be nice is what Janie's saying.
Speaker 4: Be nice, Okay, just don't be your normal obnoxious self in this.
Speaker 2: I have very dare You've got to go to the scene with full on confidence.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: If this is the first time you're listening, this is how it works. Two songs have been orchestralized, and we've got two people playing with us this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, for one hundred dollars faster passed about Joe. We've got Libby from mod Bring North on Team Hazy.
Speaker 4: She did choose Hazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, interesting choice living.
Speaker 1: And then Teresa from Angle Whale has got team Jody this morning Let's die. There you go, Theresa, Okay, everything cross, let's go Livey might have chosen Hazy, but Theresa had your back in that moment.
Speaker 4: Really nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, someone, let's go and go.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Joy, that's lady, poker face face pok girl.
Speaker 2: I will accept for the.
Speaker 4: Shuttling Gaga part of the chorus.
Speaker 1: That was a really strong start from Addie.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even close work it out.
Speaker 1: You had that face on that you've got when there's really not much going on between the resting confused face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, genuinely looking in different directions. There's dribble coming out of my ears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good, but that's strong lead from song number two.
Speaker 2: SCA the Times or stuff like that. Sure, a tough one, bonjer, it's my life.
Speaker 13: He's got a nice sleeps where you get that.
Speaker 2: I had to sing it for a little while.
Speaker 4: But also I love that you turned and you pointed to me and said that was good bye me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was good by you.
Speaker 1: That was a tough one, as if in this space we're going to go to you a bit of price for a bit of affirmation. I love it when this happens. It's a time breaker. Really Okay, all right for the wind song number three, let's go.
Speaker 4: Jody Rianna Umbrella, She's gone.
Speaker 2: Jodey, Jody Joy. There you go to raison.
Speaker 13: Wow, I'm gonna have two coffees every week and.
Speaker 4: Be off my face.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Which brings us to five apiece.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: This is tensely exciting, intensely close content.
Speaker 1: It's nice to be closed this year.
Speaker 4: A bit of a blowout last year. We've touched on that. There's no need. We can just move forward.
Speaker 3: You really found yourself or maybe I'm just not trying, you know, I wish, I wish that was a case.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying my hardest. At no stage in two of those.
Speaker 3: Songs that I O would pick up a sint this little this little music houn, I couldn't even pick up a sceint.
Speaker 7: They were tricky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bonjob was a good get. We we're done.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, it's five apiece glowy like an absolute.
Speaker 4: Ess what it was a big party yesterday Andrew Hayes, and that was the Adelaide Cup down at Morphordville.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was look at them. They're all safe, by the way.
Speaker 4: Yes, there was a little bit of concern over the horses, just because it was nudging forty degrees, but we were sort of up close that we were at the finish line actually just watching the horses. And they did a really good job in the sense that the horses came out, they got them onto the track, they raced, they got them off, and there were fans everywhere. They were misters. They hosed them down and I spoke to the organizers and no horses were treated throughout the day for heat exhaustion or anything like that, so that was good. But it was a fun day and people flocked down to Morphotvielle despite the heat, and it was really cool. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what people wearing and particularly the bikes, were guys in full suits.
Speaker 4: Nah, that's full No, definitely not the guy's shirts pants as a maximum. No one was wearing a jacket, any shorts, not that I saw.
Speaker 3: If ever there was a time to break the shorts out, it was yesterday. Surely when it's like thirty out degrees.
Speaker 4: But it was an interesting situation because by the time I got there, it was pretty late in the day and there were a few fizzy lemonades that had been consumed. And I was there with my mother in law, and my mother in law is Jamie Carter, Jockey's auntie, so there's a family connection for us, so that's why we went along to support her. Yesterday, she had an absolute belt, had a couple of winners, a couple of seconds, couple of thirds, just not the cup.
Speaker 2: Just not the cup. She lost by a bees you know what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was literally a nose in it. And I was a little nervous because I love my mother in law, but she doesn't drink, and she was surrounded by a lot of blokes who'd had a skin full. And so there was a bit of feedback during the cup when Jamie lost, and there are a few people behind us sort of yelling stuff, I want my money back, car and all this sort of stuff. I'm pretty sure she won you a bit across the course of the day, but anyway, and I was like getting sitting there, going, oh, please don't say anything stupid, Please don't force me into a position where I'm going to have to turn around and say, oh, you pull your head in. So that was fine. The feedback was okay, and everyone was actually in good spirits. The biggest feedback I got of the day, however, was when I went to the bar to get a drink and someone came up behind me and said, in my ear, Oi, you lay off my mate, Hazy.
Speaker 3: That's finally, finally the feedback has.
Speaker 4: Reached Boa called Harry, that's your mate came up to me and had a crack, and I literally turned around to him and said, mate, I get paid money to take the PI double five out of him, and I will continue to do it.
Speaker 2: No, please keep on fighting a good fight.
Speaker 3: Well done, Harry, because this stern conversation needs to be had, probably the kind close doors and not after a three few thousand pink lemonades.
Speaker 2: But still, ah, thank you Harry.
Speaker 4: Finally, Oh are you are your little feelings hurt? Because my other feedback to Harry was he dishes out a little bit so he can learn to take it. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: It comes back, It comes back just a little bit the other way. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: Anyway, We'll sing in.
Speaker 3: The newsroom as well, yesterday watching Jamie Carr and then we were like, well she didn't win. Now, what on earth are we going to use for break words? You know those little words that come up in the screen. It's already locked in fast car kah.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, what the hell did we get to date?
Speaker 3: Faster fe on Adelade's over, No one one, it's Jodie and Hazy coming up next, jode'es.
Speaker 2: We might just recap on what were songs? A song? Songs?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Can we? And well done on you for getting through that whole break and not suggesting that your nickname is horse opportunity.
Speaker 2: Last, we're gone back in time on this Daisy.
Speaker 3: Tuesday sweety. Time for a little trip down memory flay. Let's go back to the twelfth of March eighteen ninety four, first bottles of Coca cola went on sale.
Speaker 4: Oh I finally someone would have a sip of thatsh it sales would take off globally and they could make it a little bit of cash.
Speaker 2: Potential. There isn't that, Yeah, there's genuine potential. I would like to know how many liters of Coca cola I've consumed over my work.
Speaker 4: You're a big coke drinker.
Speaker 2: I certainly was in my young days.
Speaker 4: I'm a big cocon sugar girl.
Speaker 2: Probably one to day really. Yeah, So that's a lot when you add it up. And now we're at the stage and we're a five year old and a three year old and they want coke. We're trying to hide up from.
Speaker 4: The I know we have a very strict only a little bit of coke on the weekends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sometimes, it's a sometimes drink.
Speaker 4: It is a sometimes drink.
Speaker 3: That's my three year old daughter with love, a little bit, just a little glass of coke with breakfast.
Speaker 4: Did she come and say, Mummy, lets me Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mum, lets me have coke for breakfast.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know a lot about your mother and my will slash my wife, but I know for a fact that she would not give you Coca cola for breakfast, okay or whatever. Two thousand and two animated film ice Age premieres A Damn Squirrel, pla pesky squirrel.
Speaker 4: God, He's a nuisance.
Speaker 3: Twenty twelve, A Hunger Games the starring Jennifer Lawrence premieres Can.
Speaker 2: I Get something off my chest? I've never seen the Hunger Games.
Speaker 4: I've seen it a little bit. But I don't really like watching shows where the aim is to make people kill each other. I'm just not about it.
Speaker 2: It's just so wholesome. Much.
Speaker 4: I'm not wholesome. I just like shows that make me feel good.
Speaker 3: You know, you're like a giant fan of Succession, Yeah, which is a show based on family hatred in a family feuding.
Speaker 4: That's true. There's a place for.
Speaker 2: It, money, greed and everything that comes with it, all the nasty things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm bleeping' Servroy. She's got some tu it.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: One song on this Day back in March twelve, two thousand and four was Yeah by Usher, and you thought, well, this song could get some legs.
Speaker 2: Who knows, maybe it'd be a bit of a hit for the great Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but also like, what about him coming up in the name of the song, someone's just walked down the street and gone, oh, yeah, there's our.
Speaker 2: Show, and he's got yeah, yeah, yeah. And then she goes her, little John, what should we call it? And he goes, what it's weird to call it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then little John goes, okay, hold, he's trying to get a little beer.
Speaker 13: You're down on the look