Speaker 1: Our next guest is representing Australia in this year's Eurovision and he's entered one hell of.
Speaker 2: A song for it. You want to Chase from Milk.
Speaker 3: It's good anything got an endorsement from the Prime Minister.
Speaker 4: It's great, isn't it?
Speaker 1: A lunch? And next stuff? Please welcome to the show, go Joe.
Speaker 3: He goodness, we said at the same time.
Speaker 1: Can we start by saying, you say sweet sweet? I say yum yum.
Speaker 4: Was enthusiastic, Sweet sweet, you gave the professional How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh great? I'm so so excited and so honored to be representing our country. It's literally nts. I feel like the Prime Minister myself.
Speaker 4: Well, you have brought new life to Eurovision.
Speaker 5: I mean even the Prime Minister is in here yesterday saying sweet sweet and yum yell.
Speaker 2: I've got the audio. Take a listen to Elbow reviewing the song.
Speaker 4: Do you think we'll be taken seriously as a country with that entrant?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Your vision's about fun. I think that will be a huge success. It's a banger, Albow.
Speaker 2: When I say sweet sweet, you say, yeh is that sweet?
Speaker 3: I saw that video last night. I heard you guys wanted to keep it a secret from it, but it did not work.
Speaker 4: He loves it, We love it.
Speaker 5: It is a banger and it actually brings so much joy to my life.
Speaker 3: That song. I love that.
Speaker 2: How do you get picked to be the representative for Eurovision?
Speaker 3: Well, so I had a bunch of interviews with SBS and then they bring me in one day and they were like, ask me a few questions and then at the end they were like, how does it feel to be representing Australia this year's Eurovision? And I literally stood up. I was like, where as the cameras? Yeah, so you go to them with the song? What's that? You go to them with the song? Yeah? That No, they hadn't heard that. They hadn't heard the song. It was a I wrote the song around the competition. It was It was actually a concept that I've wanted to use for a very long time. And as soon as I found out I was doing euro Vision, I was like, this is perfect.
Speaker 5: So you wrote this song specifically for your vision. I was going to say, this has been out for a while. Where has it been buried my whole life? Because it's I've heard in.
Speaker 4: A long time.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love that. Yeah, no, it's been out for well. I found this out as well. I was technically the representative as of three months ago.
Speaker 4: Oh you didn't know.
Speaker 3: No, I knew. I knew three months ago, but no one else knew.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the hardest thing. I literally used the analogy of eating all the candy in a candy store and then being tied down immediately.
Speaker 1: So already Europe is critiquing the song your eighth in betting already, which is which is pretty decent to take out the whole Buddy thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I think that's awesome. And the great thing about all that is, you know, like it can move so quickly as well, and you know, the social media aspect is very important, and yeah, just just pushing the song as much as possible. Have you thought.
Speaker 5: About having a milkshake rave because I've seen these things that are happening in Sydney and they're like sober raves in the morning where people getting their smoothies and their coffees and doing raves.
Speaker 4: I think we should host a milkshake rave.
Speaker 3: I had an email about this this morning. I've been getting the most random emails just coming from like like all places of the world and it was about a milk. It was something about like a milkshake party, and it was just like.
Speaker 2: It's all so people were just yeah, I've.
Speaker 5: Seen them in Bondi and people having their morning smoothies and their coffee and they're all dancing around.
Speaker 3: There was a video that I saw online as well as someone had poured a whole milkshake all over themselves. I was just like dancing in McDonald's and then they slipped on the milksha.
Speaker 4: If it was a McDonald's, it would have been a big shake.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, what's about you get your own spin off at macas you know, the grimmer shake.
Speaker 2: That'll be the Jojo shak go sha.
Speaker 3: We're working on it work.
Speaker 6: I went around and went down a real Gojo rabbit hole the other day. This song you bought out only a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: How many streams it up?
Speaker 4: So long? He's got fifty four million or something?
Speaker 3: Really, that's that song. Very grateful for that song in a in a lot of ways.
Speaker 5: Go Jo, When do you go to your When is Eurovision? When does this all happen?
Speaker 3: It happens in May?
Speaker 4: So yeah, where is it in mid May?
Speaker 3: Yeah? In Barzil and Switzerland.
Speaker 4: We should go, we must go.
Speaker 5: I want I want to wear milkshake merch. I want to get muscles like your going from drinking milk protein shakes.
Speaker 3: Surely, No, it's actually just from eating your vegetables.
Speaker 1: Are you going to go sleepless to Basil?
Speaker 2: I should hope, So.
Speaker 4: You definitely should.
Speaker 3: And that type of person that needs I need sleep for my voice to not sound like Vin Diesel after punch in like thirty cigarette.
Speaker 5: Are you a Are you a milkman or an almond milkman or a camel milkman? Dare?
Speaker 2: I ask?
Speaker 3: Well? I mean, I'm a variety of milks I find I'll when I grow growing up, I'd always have like full cream milk, but I'd have it straight out of the teat.
Speaker 4: What do you mean did you have cows?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, we had friends that were farmers. And then you know, we're just just go and have a hoon on the teeth.
Speaker 2: They just find you in the paddock when you're thirsty.
Speaker 3: No, I can't wait to see the headline.
Speaker 4: But we actually have to explain now.
Speaker 2: We just looked at the site we've dropped.
Speaker 4: What are they doing in Australia.
Speaker 5: So you had a friend with a cow who would milk the milk the cap?
Speaker 4: What did you milk the cow yourself?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'm so glad to get my story straight. It was melt into a jar glass. I would proceed to drink the glass jar.
Speaker 2: Remember, we'll take you down to the Collingwood Farm, Australia already.
Speaker 5: Well, I was picturing you lying in a field somewhere.
Speaker 2: I bet you were to hang on.
Speaker 5: To be honest, I haven't been all that interested in Eurovision until this year.
Speaker 4: And so do we vote? How does it work? Who votes? How do we how do we make you win Star of the whole thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Australia, you can't actually vote for your own country. So it's all about going into your phone contacts and being like, yeah, they live in England.
Speaker 4: We need to start a milkshake camp.
Speaker 1: But different different countries vote other countries like voting blocking blocks.
Speaker 5: So we need to vote for the bad ones so that they take votes off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a whole Have you heard any of the other songs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard a few of them.
Speaker 2: Any good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's a few that are really good. Actually, I think it's like you know, and I have been seeing the comments of like everyone saying, you know, the sixty ninth Eurovision living up to its name, and I do agree.
Speaker 2: Well. Gojo is entry for Eurovision.
Speaker 4: Behind him with his friend Burner.
Speaker 3: Say sweet sweet, you see young young sweet sweet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah sweet, I love you.
Speaker 2: Well, massively love you. We're getting right behind you. We'll keep following over the Europe.
Speaker 4: Yep, I'll go back to the field.
Speaker 2: Go hit the have a good weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go get some milk. I'll see you guys.
Speaker 6: Nice guy, go Joe joining us on the end this morning.
Speaker 1: Lauren really good on No.
Speaker 5: For one hundred, Jason, Lauren only good on socials.
Speaker 1: Yeah,