Speaker 1: Jason Lauren clint here as where are you listening to? Nober one hundred? God means what.
Speaker 2: Jason Lawrence reconnects for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't tell you how many people reached out to me yesterday saying I love this and I can't wait to do it on Wednesday next week.
Speaker 2: We want you to reconnect.
Speaker 3: With someone you miss, not someone you've necessarily had a falling out with, someone that you just haven't seen for a while because time has flown by. I actually I said to you yesterday, Jace, I tried to call you and I accidentally called a different Jason my phone and they ended up having a twenty minute conversation with a friend of mine who I hadn't spoken to him so long. And I felt so good about it afterwards. And that is what we want everyone in Melbourne to do next Tedness Tay, she did, I did?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I said, this is a pocodile because he called me back. I tried to cancel it and then I said, but let's chat anyway.
Speaker 2: And it was great.
Speaker 3: It was so nice. So we want to reconnect Melbourne for Christmas.
Speaker 1: It is reconnect Day. It's Wednesday. Joe Anne wants to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 2: How are where good? Is this struck a chord with you? Is there someone you're thinking about?
Speaker 4: It? Has it? Has? There is someone I'm thinking about. Her name is Sarah.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Sarah's from Brunswick and we were best is all through primary school, all through high school, even a little after high school when I moved to Werribee and she was still in Brunswick. We still had that connection. And then weddings happened, babies happened, and we just lost part. It was, yeah, just lost patch. She did come to my fortieth though, Yeah, I just reached out to her, but that was eight years ago and we haven't seen each other since.
Speaker 5: When she rocked up at the fortieth was it was it like there was no time the past.
Speaker 4: It was it was it really was. We just brought back old memories and you know, used each other's nicknames that we had.
Speaker 3: Three other nicknames Joe.
Speaker 1: What made a special Joe?
Speaker 4: I think just that we grew up together and our families were friends as well. And her mum and dad are great. I think they I believe they still live in the same count Wound. And yeah, we just spoke about things that you wouldn't talk to other people about.
Speaker 1: And right, that's a theme that's coming up.
Speaker 2: You can't make that up with anyone else.
Speaker 3: Joe, do you love the idea of this day of reconnecting with an old pelp?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I do love it, And it sort of gives me an excuse too. I mean I probably could. I've only got her a messenger, So that's okay. You know, I could easily just send her a message.
Speaker 1: But it's just that initial message, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, most definitely.
Speaker 2: So you're going to do it next Wednesday? On Reconnecting, I am.
Speaker 4: I am gonna definitely do it, And I do hope she's listening because she'll know exactly, she'll recognize my voice, she'll know the history. Her nickname was so Got and mine was Joza.
Speaker 3: Well there you go, you know that. So she's listening. Get ready next Wednesday, you guys are gonna catch up.
Speaker 5: And you know what, she's at the nail on the head. Use this is the reason or excuse to reach out. It takes away the awkwardness. Just hey, I heard of it reconnect day on Nova. You jumped into my mind straight away how you're being.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean you have to have this huge commitment that you're going to see each other every week. And it's just like, hey, I've been thinking of you, and it's so nice to think so fondly of someone that you used to spend so much time with and know that you've still got it.
Speaker 1: And then you don't have to talk to them for another year until we roll this day out again next year once again, Reconnect Day. We're going to do it next week Saturday Day.
Speaker 3: So if there is someone you're thinking about, just sit on it for now, hold it to next Wednesday, and we're all going to send a text or a voice note or make a call.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny. I love that nicknames that you've got.
Speaker 3: With friends, you know, because you were laughing at me because my girlfriends that sort of started this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah calls me puddy, pud.
Speaker 5: Yeah puddy, put in my mad age, putty pie, my mad age.
Speaker 1: Calls me Rocky.
Speaker 5: Why well, because we used to do community TV together and ned stuff up and I'd blow up a short temper.
Speaker 3: One of my one of my very good friends. Oh, it's signed like something's never changed.
Speaker 5: Clint.
Speaker 2: You know her. We call her the sheriff.
Speaker 1: Who's the sheriff?
Speaker 3: Her names Janina, and I used to work with her. She was the office manager and she was always like telling people off, and I'd be like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I never want as well. The Sheriff's went.
Speaker 3: Down and for fifteen years she's been sheriff. My parents call her sheriff.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, for share, I had no idea what her actually name was. Yes, it's the sheriff. Sheriff Shares thirteen twenty four, ten and.
Speaker 3: Early because you know how you do that, You just change from one thing to the next.
Speaker 1: What's your nickname for your best friend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's embarrassing sometimes, especially when they're like long friends, because it becomes like a pet name.
Speaker 5: We are gearing up for reconnect Day, which is next Wednesday, where we want you to reach out to someone you haven't spoken to in a while.
Speaker 1: But yeah, those best friends you had growing up.
Speaker 3: One of my best friends from school just text me saying, what soul because we used to call it other selfish and then it turned to soulfish and then it was just soul.
Speaker 1: They get shortened over there.
Speaker 4: Raw.
Speaker 3: We even bought her a pet fish, and we called it soulfish.
Speaker 5: Thirty, twenty four ten. What's the nickname? You've got to be your best friend? It is Jas and Lauren with you this morning, Clint here as well.
Speaker 3: We're talking nicknames, Yeah, and some of the worst ones are the ones that you can't shake because, like your dad gave it to you when you were four, and then your.
Speaker 2: Friends caught on to it.
Speaker 5: We're a good made about embarrassing? Were a good made went by the name of pants?
Speaker 1: What were they call him pants?
Speaker 2: What are they call him pants?
Speaker 1: A bit of a pants man? You're open. I'm really sure.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 5: He likes to get in a nice pair of pears, loves a good slack.
Speaker 1: Loved a good pair of slacks. What pants better when you get the crease beautiful? Yeah, you know, just lovely pressed.
Speaker 2: It's like pantsman. Alright.
Speaker 3: I'm thirteen, twenty four ten. What's your nickname? How did you get it? Nicole from s Andre's Good Morning?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: What's your nickname? Love?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: As my friend Jody and I have known each other since we're six and eight years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm little. I'm a blondie.
Speaker 3: She was a brownie.
Speaker 4: So it was polar bearhead and chop blockhead.
Speaker 2: And how old are you now?
Speaker 4: Fifty three?
Speaker 2: And you still call each other that.
Speaker 6: Yes, we'll ride in cards, we'll say every now's on the phone.
Speaker 1: I love that Danny l in the city. What's the nickname you've got for your friend.
Speaker 2: Danny ell in the city.
Speaker 6: Well, my best friend and I just got the same nickname for each other.
Speaker 4: It's GFND.
Speaker 6: We've known each other for.
Speaker 1: About fifteen years.
Speaker 2: In GFND. Is that that girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Girlfriend nixt door used to live behind.
Speaker 2: Her girlfriend next door GFND.
Speaker 1: I was going all of her friends.
Speaker 2: Oh, it just rolled on and extended, it rolled on, jfin d, I like.
Speaker 1: It next door Lezzie. What's the nickname?
Speaker 6: Hi, Jason Lauren. I'm always a big fan. They call me duck duck.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: Why, we were in high school second year we had this what do you call them? Here leading dance and there was this chant from the higher level and they were like, you walked like a duck. And then my friends in high school they were like, oh, you.
Speaker 4: Walk with the.
Speaker 2: Lizzy. So they you've just stuck with duck quack quack ever since.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, she wanted to be a cheerleader jazz.
Speaker 4: What did she say?
Speaker 3: She walked like a duck at cheerleading and the boys in the year above called it duck.
Speaker 1: It's up there when they called me Paddington Bags.
Speaker 3: But I think she wanted to clarify that she said duck dark is why she said, like.
Speaker 1: Back right, Abby, I'm thirteen twenty four ten? Abs? What's the nickname?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately?
Speaker 3: Airbags?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: When did you get that nickname?
Speaker 1: Can we guess how you got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well you think yes? I think I don't know how inappropriate we can be on air?
Speaker 2: When did you get that nickname? Abby?
Speaker 6: Are you ten or year eleven?
Speaker 2: And how long is it start?
Speaker 4: For?
Speaker 1: Look, I'm a.
Speaker 3: Mom of two now, so it doesn't get run around much anymore.
Speaker 6: It does crop off it really inappropriate.
Speaker 2: I bet when you see your school friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and a lot of the boys.
Speaker 1: Safety first.
Speaker 5: There's nothing better than when you're all catching up at the pub and they're screaming across to your airbag airbags you want to drink exactly right.
Speaker 2: It's the high school ones that you can never shake.
Speaker 5: Also, Abby, I hope you don't mind, but I'm just changing all the caller idea in our computer here at the studio. Now, airbags, preston whatever you ring now and come up as the airbags and preston.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren wake up feeling good on number one hundred.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren on socials