Speaker 1: On Scaring Wilds Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the winder Panety Show. Good evening and welcome to the reader. Panicky Show coming up tonight. Further fractures in the Albanesi government with a Labor senator defying the Prime Minister with inflammatory comments about the Israel Hamas War. Douglas Murray joins me shortly to discuss migration rates and why the will of the majority is consistently ignored. Hollywood A listers come out in support for canceled Oscar winner Kevin Spacey. I'll speak to Kinsey Schofield about that shortly and what is the most powerful interest group we've seen in this country. Nick Kata will join me to discuss that. But it's time to bring in Sky News contributor Kosher Gata for the day's big stories. Kosher Albia talking to Douglas Murray shortly about migration numbers. It's a massive issue across Europe, in the US, here in Australia and the ob and Easy government is under intense pressure to drastically cut net overseas migration from the record five hundred and twenty eight thousand we had last year to a promise two hundred and sixty thousand next year. But as Pauline Hanson noted on x, Labor doesn't have a great track record in predicting net migration numbers accurately. Over the past two years, migration has reached a record nine hundred and twenty three thousand, which is two hundred and eight thousand more than Labor anticipated. Hanson wrote two questions kosher I, can labor quit their high migration habit? They've seemed to have relied on that, and they're not allowing Coalition governments have also indulged in that activity. And can we trust their figures? Are their predictions so far out that it's almost a fantasy number at the moment.
Speaker 1: Probably a little bit of both. So the discrepancy in the numbers just fits what we've seen with government. They haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in terms of their ability to report numbers accurately and model as we've seen in many venues. The more cynical interpretation would be that maybe they well knew, but this is a very unpopular topic, so it's easier to, you know, sort of dampen the expectation a little bit and then say, ooh, sorry, even miscalculated. But be that as it may. Senator Hanson's point is very well taken. This is an issue all around the world. As you said, it's the issue of our time. And those numbers nine hundred and twenty three thousand is roughly the population Canberra. So a whole canbra is going to be hosted in Sydney and in Melbourne, and that's kind of where these migrants concentrate and all the stress that puts on infrastructure, on everything else, not to mention the fabric of the culture. And this is another topic that's very timely right now in terms of how these different groups come in. And then there's this more strife between groups ethnically as well. So all of that is a predictable consequence of this. Constituents don't want it, and yet it continues.
Speaker 2: Well you can say why the abes the government is pledging to drastically cut these numbers. They are getting prepared for the next federal election and they know this is an enormous issue out there. Now, let's talk about labor. Senator Fatima Payman, who is calling on the Alberanza government to sanction and disinvest from Israel, accusing the country of genocide against the Palestinian people.
Speaker 3: How many mass graves need to be uncovered before we say enough? How many images of bloody limbs of murdered children must we see? How many horrors need to be repeated before we feel that this should end. How many Palestinian lives are enough to call this violence against them terrorism?
Speaker 2: Koshasha also use the phrase from the river to the sea, which the Prime Minister has been clear to condemn, to say that it's a statement that promotes violence. And here has got a senator saying it.
Speaker 1: He's got a problem on his hands, as do his counterparts everywhere. So I look at the senator, the same thing with the United States Congress with Shida Tali bilan Omar. It comes downstream from immigration, that topic we talked about again. This is some of those longer term consequences, whether intended or unintended, coming home to roost in many ways, but right within the left side of politics and liberal democracies, it's really coming home to roost because there's a huge refracturing and realignment of the fault lines in that party. And I think that colors what you see in terms of their positions with respect to Israel with respect to protesters with all of that, because they're kind of speaking. They've become a two headed beast in their way and they're speaking to two factions that don't agree on this issue that's there.
Speaker 2: The Biden administration has got these issues as well and talking about the left of politics that it Ilyidia Thorpe has posted this image of herself with the message got my cafear on for Parliament today. Power to all the students camped down and everyone that's been coming to rallies and standing up for justice. Seamewondovic Labor for banning affairs in Parliament. There a real gammon lot. They are free Palestine. Really, the Australian Upper House is disgracing itself. What did Paul Keating call them an unrepresentative swell? I think it was being kind. Now let's move on to Albo evicting one of his tenants from one of his investment properties. This is an incredible story. Jim Flanagan was handled an eviction notice on the eighth of May to vacate the three bedroom townhouse where he's lived for four years. The PM has said I've had him in the property with the rent being about half. What is the market rent to keep him in for longer. So this is very interesting. Indeed, the PM must be a saint just giving away free rent there essentially. But I do question the wisdom of evicting a tenant during his prime minister ship. You would just think, yeah, sure, if you were an everyday ordinary person who wasn't in public office, you may make this decision. But the optics here are not great.
Speaker 1: That's a very interesting point. You could say that it's principled, and he's saying, hey, if you know, I want to evict my turn, and I'm going to do that, and I guess that's right. You could say it would be nice if Earlider showed principle consistency on all sorts of other issues, including ones that don't directly affect them. But you know, I think it's a fair argument on the facts of the case. It's as right as a landlord to do that. But the optics are interesting, and he's injected something that becomes a proxy story for all sorts of issues people have with housing and rent prices and cost of living and all of that. They can project onto those pain points, and he's invited that upon himself.
Speaker 2: And this is very different to that image of himself that is cultivated. You know, he grew up in a commission house. Yeah, he's Labour's socialist left faction, and yet he's got multimillion dollar investment properties. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. I'm just saying when you fight the culture wars and also you know, pay this image of fighting the Tories and the rich don't do this and the rich don't do that, and.
Speaker 1: You're part of the parlor around the world. The zip code outside DC is the wealthy a ship code in the world, one of them.
Speaker 4: It's the same same point absolutely Now.
Speaker 2: Liberals Senator Alex Antik has called out big tech companies who employ former intelligence employees and conspire with governments to censor and ban speech.
Speaker 5: Big tech is the perfect intersection between government, the ruling class and the intelligence services along with their mates in big business. You see what they want you to see. Australia is at the tip of the sphere of a global censorship movement, and I suspect that many who are involved are blissfully unaware and think that they're doing the right thing by shutting down and deleting so called miss and disinformation. But let's be clear, the government isn't thinking about your safety and it doesn't care about misinformation. What it cares about is making sure that you see in approved message at all times.
Speaker 2: What is said in Parliament this week has been established by investigative journalist Kosher, including Michael Schellenberger, who we've interviewed on this program. This is a huge issue because these platforms are now the digital public square. This is where people discuss issues, but this is where they find out information.
Speaker 1: It is He's one of the few elected leaders direct enough and brave enough to say that it really is a convergence of all these power structures. As he mentioned, it's a big tech. It's government people who eat in a bedit like the E Safety Commissioner and others, and just other people at the top the ruling class. I think, as he put it, is the issue. We've called it the battlefield of the century. In a way, it's another day in that movement. The problem is that for a country like Australia, certainly we shouldn't be eating in a betting things like with the E Safety Commissioner, but there's little recourse, little remedy. We really have in terms of trying to break up that power that big tech plays in it, since they're all headquartered in the United States, the belluy of the Beast, where something has to happen along the lines of anti trust law, along the lines of Section two thirty, where they're not penalized.
Speaker 2: Problem is, we seem to be among some of the worst in the free world in suppressing free speech. So not only are we not fighting it, we seem to be one of the worst in aiding and abetting it. Koshagator, thank you so much for your time. Nexs Evening. Joining me now is the author of international best sellers The Strange Death of Europe, The Madness of Crowds, and his latest work, The War on the West. Douglas Murray. Let's start with immigration. It's a big issue in Australia. We're seeing record numbers of migrants coming in despite polls showing the majority of Australians want to see immigration numbers drop. And that is also the overwhelming sentiment across Europe, with a recent poll taken in March and April this year showing great opposition to not only illegal immigration but also the current volume of migrants coming into Europe, more than seventy percent said their country takes in too many migrants, and that includes countries as diverses are Sweden to Spain to Austria. The Greeks are the most opposed to their migration numbers. Ninety percent there say that country takes too many And yet Douglas, the will of the majority seems to be completely ignored, whether it's Australia or Europe, when it comes to migration policy, majority opinion doesn't seem to matter much.
Speaker 6: Absolutely reach and these latest findings in Australia and across Europe are replicated of course in America. I mean most people in the developed world, most people in the countries that people want to come to, are aware that we just can't take in all of the people who would like to come to our countries. I mean, Australia is in a much better position societally, financial, socially, and much more than most countries in the region. And it's the same with Europe. Europe's more prosperous, infinitely more prosperous, even at the lowest rung of the ladder than most of the countries that people come to therefrom and it's the same with America, with Central America and Southern America. And so the publics know this, but the political response, as you just refer to it, seems to always be, whoever you have in power, more of the same. I mean, there are occasionally prime ministers who and presidents who are able to slow down the flow, but even then it's to a barely manageable level. And what these political leaders don't realize is that the public know more than them. We the public sense in the decline in trust, in the decline in safety, in all sorts of things. We sense what the changes are that happen not when migration happens, but when too much migration happens, too fast, and often of the wrong kind. And I think you know, this is the big challenge of the twenty first century. So far, we haven't really thrown up politicians capable of dealing with it.
Speaker 2: And it seems those who screamed the loudest about threats to democracy very silent when it comes to the will of the majority here being ignored. In fact, they seem to be doing a lot to obstruct the will of the majority. Now let's talk about President Joe Biden, who is repeating a verifiable lie about inflation. He's repeated a lot of verifiable lies over the years. Is saying that it was nine percent when he came to office, when it was actually one point four percent. Karine Jean Pierre was asked to explain why the presidents repeated this lie.
Speaker 7: We got a lot of incoming on this yesterday, and look what the president was. The point that he was making is that the factors that caused inflation was in place when he walked in into the administration when he took office. As you know, the pandemic caused inflation around the world.
Speaker 2: Douglas. I know the US has much bigger issues to deal with right now, the border crisis, cost of living, crime, But a president who can't stop lying about verifiable data, I mean, it's not something to be overlooked.
Speaker 6: Well, I would just say that, you know, the point of the White House spokesperson is meant to be to sort of be the mouthpiece of the president. Joe Biden has found a mouthpiece in Queen Jean Pierre, which I think even he must wonder at times whether what she's saying isn't gobbledegook or not. She's by no means the best interpreter of Joe Biden's statements, and goodness known, sometimes Joe Biden could do with a good interpreter. Yes, I mean, this is the sort of behavior which if it happened under a Republican president, it would all be you know, fact checking, the fact checkers and the Washington Posts to be explaining to everyone how democracy dies in darkness, and the BBC's Verify fact check would be on to it. But you know, old Joe Biden, Oh, it doesn't matter, and it can all be explained away incoherently by his by his spokesperson.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I even I felt a little bit sorry for her because I had you defend that. And yet but her explanation did not help the president or herself in any way.
Speaker 6: It could have been worse, could explained. It could have been explained by Kamala Harris, who would have who would have explained that the thing is that that the past has just gone before the present and the future is yet to come. And in a very real sense, the present is before the future and that's why inflation is there.
Speaker 2: And then we'll just have mad cackling for about sixty seconds after that. But let's stick with the Biden White House. They're in coherent and inconsistent decision making. Douglas, you've written about this about how the president says something that's very sound one minute and the next day he does something that's completely at odds with that. You talked about the wise words he said last week about Israel, and then within hours he was attempting to prevent Israel's victory in Gaza by withholding arm shipments. How do you explained this erratic behavior.
Speaker 6: Well, it's very strange. I mean, the best interpretation of it is for some time, and you and I have discussed this before, read it for sometime. The President has talked a bit of one talk and acted in another way. Now, those of us who want Israel to win in guards and against Hamas, sometimes you know that's the red has been unpleasant, but the actions have been supportive. So, for instance, at various times President Biden, we presume, has sent out, for instance, Chuck Schumer to be critical of the Israeli reaction. Occasionally Joe Biden has been critical himself, but he's done that in order it seems to plicate a bit of the base in his own party keep the students from going bananas all the time on campus and hope to get in in November, whilst at the same time supporting America's ally Israel. The thing that was different this past week has been that it flipped exactly the other way around. The rhetoric from the President on the day was very good, very supportive, all about standing by our allies and all that sort of thing, and then in the evening here he stopped the delivery of armed supplies to Israel. Now that is that is a very serious development because a lot of a lot of the sort of the talk, the chaff of the media cycle in America, you know, is performative. It's for the base, it's for a certain bit of the base. It's for the three or four people watching some of the smaller left wing networks. But the really difficult thing here, as I say, is that he actually he actually did something which he had always said he wouldn't do. He's always held himself out as a great ally of Israel in its fight for survival and its fight for victory over its enemies, and here he is in charge in the White House with holding arms at a time when Israel is pretty close to victory against him. As how you can say you're an ally and you're with someone til the bitter end, only to drop out at about last orders. I just do not know.
Speaker 2: And that's what worries me, because, as we know, actions are more important than words, and he has flipped that dynamic. And what would happen to Israel if they don't have made defeat her mass after seven months of this war, if if in the end Hamas isn't completely eradicated.
Speaker 6: Well, my view is, and I think it's a view that a lot of Israeli politicians and others feel, a lot of the Israeli public feel, is that you cannot destroy eighty percent of Hamaz. You cannot leave them in you cannot take them out of Gaza City, and you cannot take them out of a set of other towns and so on and leave them intact in Raffa. And Raffa is reckoned to be, not just where the remaining Israeli hostages are held, hostages who the rest of the world seems to have forgotten about, but the Israeli people quite rightly haven't. And there's no point in leaving that there and leaving the leaving those people there and leaving the heads of Hamaz, including it seems Sinoir, the mastermind of the seventh in Raffa. All it means is like putting out eighty percent of the fire, that you will that the Israelis will withdraw from Gaza and Hamas will grow back, will continue to subjugate the Palestinian population in Gaza, will continue to enrich themselves and will prepare for the next attack against Israel. And my prediction is that these you know, every other year wars that Hamaz has been provoking since it took control of the Gaza, would just go on. In that scenario, I think it is much better for the Israelis public and indeed for the Palestinian public in Gaza, that Hamas are done for, that it's over, and that other partners in the region can help in whatever way they can to rebuild the society there. It is not going to be an easy job, but it will be infinitely harder if Hamaz still have any kind of a stronghold. So preventing Israeli victory once again would lead only to another set of cycles of conflict, and I don't think that's desirable.
Speaker 2: No, it's not desirable for either party. Is As you explained. One thing we have seen in Israel though, is the willingness of its people to fight for the country. Young people are willing to risk their lives to defend their country. That's not a sentiment that is shared in the West. In the UK, only a quarter of young people twenty seven percent said they were willing to be enlisted to defend their country. And one doesn't I guess Douglas seek to protect what one doesn't value. And there's certainly a deep sense of self loathing among many young people for their own country, whether we're talking about the UK, the US or right here in Australia. What can be done to combat that? I feel that's such a destructive force with all sorts of long term dangers.
Speaker 6: Well, it has huge long term dangers. And I mean I spoke about this a bit when I was in Australia recently, but I mean the recent referendum in Australia was a very very important blow to the people who would like to make all people in West and democracies, only in Western democracies feel utterly wretched about everything about us, to make everybody in the majority feel that we're usurpers and colonizers and genocidists, and all of these other outrageous claims, always claims made against the most free and the most fair societies on Earth. But this has been done for more than a generation. Now. You tell young Australians that they have no right to the land. You tell young Americans that they're they're just there because they usurped the native peoples. You tell Europeans, even when they are the native peoples, that although they are the native peoples, they should be themselves userped go on and on like that, And of course, of course you're going to have a lot of young people who think, well, why on Earth would I risk my life for a country I've been told it's rotten from the beginning. I think we need to turn this whole thing around, and I think it can be turned around. The young Israelis have shown it can be turned around. They've shown that when it really comes to brutal reality in your face, you can stand up and fight, and the young Israelis have I hope that it never comes to that for young Australians and Americans and Canadians and British and Europeans. But if it did that we would be tested, and I think a lot of people would fail that test because they've been taught to fail that test.
Speaker 4: They have.
Speaker 2: Man, we've had this poison in academia and elsewhere for decades. So I'm glad you you believe it can be turned around. I do have my doubts. Now before you go, I've got to ask you about this ongoing sham trial of former President Donald Trump. It's continuing in Manhattan. We've had Stormy Daniels testifyer much of a testimony, salacious details that have completely relevant to the case. We've had serial Purjura and Michael Cohen understand, and it seems everyone is resigned to the fact that this is some sort of a show trial. It's a political case as much as anything. Former federal prosecutor Andrew C. McCarthy wrote in The New York Post that New Yorkers should be outraged at the mockery District Attorney Alvin Bragg is making of the state's legal system as the entire country looks on Douglas. The entire country is looking on but whatever the Democrats are trying to achieve here seems to be backfiring. Because the polls are pretty clear Trump is increasing his lead, particularly in those crucial swing states.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's an extraordinary miscalculation by Democrat prosecutors and others. As you say, as these trials go on, Trump's lead seems to strengthen. Some people say, might wonder why that is, and I think it's got It's a couple of things. One is, a lot of Americans have had themselves, have had bad experiences with the justice system, and so the idea that the justice system can be in some way rigged is a claim that they're sort of open to in a way that I think in Australia and Britain we sort of wouldn't be. But the second is that you see people like Da Bragg effectively putting on a trial in search of a crime. And that's what this that's what this trial has been. It's a trial in search of a crime. And Stormy Daniels took the stand not because she had anything new to say, although she did actually contradict previous testimony she'd given, but because of course it was meant to humiliate Donald Trump. There were salacious details and you know, frankly, I mean most people would be humiliated to hear even these allegations made against him against themselves. Trump as ever amazingly sort of has this ability to brush it off. If I were the Democrats and others, I would start to be worrying about this whole tactic, this whole tactic of let's take him out by judicial means. There's all sorts of criticisms that can be made in every direction here, But the ultimate issue in America is the people. The people get to decide. They get to decide who to vote for, and eventually who they do vote for. It's not up to Da Bragg, it's not up to anyone else. It's up to the American public and they may yet surprise the world.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: I think that's what the Democrats are scared of that I want the American public to decide. And I think they were counting on a criminal conviction sealing the deal. But I don't think even if that eventually is it's going to make a difference. Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time this.
Speaker 6: Evening, Great pleasures always.
Speaker 2: Thank you still to come and lefties losing us pass? What is the most powerful interest group we've seen in this country? Nick Kta joins me from Finland. Welcome back. It's time for lefties losing it. And I've featured this transactivist and self indulgent narcissist previously. You'll remember him because he harassed waiters who misgentered him.
Speaker 9: Are you she her pronouns, I'm not sir. Yeah, Like it's like a knife in the heart.
Speaker 10: I also did specifically ask ahead of time not to be called sir.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm just gonna go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the sweet water start, okay.
Speaker 9: I mean it is always like a knife. It always hurts every single time. I was wondering if there's a manager I could talk to you about something that happens. Yeah, I was called sir. Yeah, I'm not sir, not sir, not sir.
Speaker 10: But the guy who dropped me the food off he called me sir twice in a row.
Speaker 2: Yes, that attention seeking activist has taken a break from complaining about minimum weight workers misgendering him to film this depravity at Disneyland, of all places. Listen to this description of forthcoming surgeries.
Speaker 9: I'm going to get banned from Disney. That's where we're about to get banned from Disney.
Speaker 10: Last summer I got my kick Pops removed and the plan up until recently was to get my marshmallow wand reconfigured into a marshmallow tunnel. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, I noticed some hairy growth on my marshmallow wand that's bad because the outside of the wand is what becomes the inside of the tunnel, so you don't want hair growing there or else.
Speaker 4: It's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 10: So I talked to my surgeon and he said that it would be best to postpone the procedure until after hair removal is complete. This is obviously just pointing, because I was really excited to have a marshmallow tunnel sooner.
Speaker 9: That being said, it is still happening. We're just not sure when it's happening.
Speaker 10: Harr removal is a fickle thing and it's really hard to predict when it will finish. But my hair removal technician thinks it will be before the end of the year. So fingers christ.
Speaker 2: That is the definition of TMI. Too much information. Now, I must confess. When I first saw this next clip, I was convinced it was a fake, a deep fake, a work of parody. AI. Perhaps, surely this couldn't be real. Surely someone working in academia couldn't be so semi literate to the point where they can't even pronounce the names of their students, the simplest of names, including the school's name, Thomas Thomas Jefferson University. This is what happened at the school's College of Nursing graduation ceremony. Listen to how this present to mispronounces the easiest of names.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The first graduate we'll see there is called Megan Aubrey.
Speaker 11: Mi Genelu Iabre Jessicu Lynn Bouer, Eliah, Benemonn, Alisoner, Carl Bishop, Victoria, Lee Zuper Brass.
Speaker 2: So we have badly mangled names like Elizabeth, Alison, Jessica. Surely it can't get worse, but it can. It can. Listen to her try to pronounce Molly Elizabeth, My.
Speaker 11: Lena, Zebeth Camp.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: Our Son care.
Speaker 11: Camp Bull mm hmm, Tom Mould me m Thomas, Thomas.
Speaker 2: Thomas. The kid's name is Thomas is graduating from Thomas Jefferson University. Thomas Jefferson must be a spinning in his grave as we speak now. It has been an apology from the university, and the explanation they gave is that the presenters cards have phonetic spellings of the graduates' names. Really, Thomas and Molly and Allison that they need special I'm not buying the explanation. I don't know what was going on there. I'm always mispronouncing things. But you know, English is a second language. That's a good excuse. That wasn't the case there. The whole catastrophe reminds me of this classic role call sketch from Key and Peel Blockey.
Speaker 6: Where is Blocke? No Blocke here today?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, my name's Blake.
Speaker 4: Are you out of your goddamn mind?
Speaker 6: Now? D Nice?
Speaker 2: Do you mean Denise number?
Speaker 12: You said your name right?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 1: Denise say right, Denise rectly Denise de.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 12: That's better?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: Remember when Transactive is still in Mulvany escape to Peru to get away from the hate in America.
Speaker 12: Okay, surprise, I'm in Peru and I met Macho picchu. Isn't this just so beautiful? I'm here by myself. I've seen a lot of lamas and the people here are so kind. I feel very safe here. It's a little sad that I had to leave my country to feel safe, but that will get better. Eventually, and I am dying for some Trader Joe's rolled chili lime chips. But other than that, I am so content. Still haven't been kissed yet, but I'm holding out hope and most of all, you know, this trip has just has me feeling like I'm my own best friend again, and that is the best feeling in the world. And I hope that you feel that way about yourself too.
Speaker 2: But we haven't heard from Dylan since Peru officially classified transgender, non binary and into sex people as mentally ill. It's a decision that has been slammed by LGBTQ plus activist groups across Peru, who say it is a major step backward in the fight for their rights and safety. Now to an old ad that has gone viral again, and one can understand why. Here is a Malaysian shampoo commercial that is well, it's different.
Speaker 8: Yahdalug pashu, good lord.
Speaker 2: Even the Taliban can't be upset by that modesty. First, now, let's go to Santiago, Chili, where these women are dancing for Palestine. If they dressed and danced like this in Gaza, that'd be shot by her mask. But go crazy, ladies, and we do regularly feature the ladies of the view. In this portion of the show, they say so many stupid things. But it's not just the female host. Their guests, male or female, also to say stupid stuff. Here is ABC hosts and Democrat operative George Stephanopoulos admitting that the deep state is real and it's beautiful.
Speaker 13: And these are people that come the relatively young people who come from all over the government, the CIA, the DA, Defense Department, military, and you know, some people like to call those people the deep state deep state. Well, the big thing I learned doing this book is that the deep state is packed with patriots, people who go to work every single day on the front lines of the most intense crises the country faces, and do it to serve their country.
Speaker 2: It wasn't too long ago that if you mentioned the deep state, it'd be called some crazy conspiracy theorists. But here we are. George says, they exist, and they're patriots, patriots who hate America. Now to a couple of funny comics who are off the left, but they're still droll and clever and generally like by all sides of politics. Bill Burr and Bill Maher came together for Mars podcast but it didn't go as well as you'd expect.
Speaker 10: First of all, I don't think you could change the oil in a car, So let's talk about an architecture like.
Speaker 4: Plants, and I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 9: Oh, let me adjust my glasses. Can I tell you something, Bill, Most of the you say is not smart. It's just sort of obscure.
Speaker 14: It's not obscure the percentage of people giant.
Speaker 6: I'm just I know you're not that smart.
Speaker 2: Those two mens seem to like each other. I don't think that whole weirdly passive aggressive dynamic was put on. It seemed drill to me. Joining me now a senior fellow at the Men'sies Research Center, journalist and author Nick Kaita. Nick you wrote a fascinating piece for The Australian newspaper on what may be the most powerful interest group we've seen yet. You wrote, Australian registered environmental charities receive hundreds of millions in revenue each year. This tax advantage, honeypot, is fueling the rapid expansion of ecological activism and lawfare, making it nearly impossible to open a new coal mine or drill for gas. Tell me how these schemes work and who is taking advantage of them?
Speaker 14: Well, that the amount of money that's going into environmental charities, and all these are tax advantaged, right, you get a tax donation for giving to the bodies. It's now around about a quarter of billion dollars a year, and that's gone up by more than twice in the last four or five years. And they're employing thousands of staff. There are thousands of people employed full time working for environmental charities. So that's how the green left gets so active with their law fare and their campaigning and their social media and setting up all sorts of little astro turf groups to argue their cause for climate change. They are tremendously influential. And most of this money that I've been able to trace comes in somewhere or another from people invested in the renewable energy sector.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 14: So it's Mike cannon Brooks, for instance, who who is a big investor in renewable energy. He's got his own charity has just got about thirty billion dollars thirty million dollars in it. Sorry, But then you can follow that through and you can trace the money, including worryingly a lot of money which appears to be coming from the United States and Europe. Funds like the World Wildlife Fund, for instance, take money from Europe, and a lot of them take money for a body called the Sunrise Foundation, which has about seventy or eighty million dollar budget in Australia, and that's linked to a body in the United States. So as where it comes from, it's pretty murkyrita. But as far as you can trace it back, it all seems to end up with people who basically want wind and solar and hate nuclear.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned the World Wildlife Fund. They did get a massive donation from tech billionaire Mike cannon Brooks's charity Boundless Earth, but as you mentioned, they also receive significant funds from the overseas sources, including the European Climate Foundation, one of Europe's biggest bank rollers of climate activism. The question is there, Nick, why are they investing money? What is expected in return for the larges.
Speaker 14: Well, the one thing that's expected is that you do not support nuclear and you do not support gas. You have to get on board with this renewable only future. And you can see why that is. I mean, if you're somebody one of these people that have invested heavily and renewable energy, your portfolio is shot to pieces the moment we change the law in this country that we can or in Australia, so we can have nuclear right because you're not going to need intermittent or not so much of this intermittent win. So that's why this is big money for them. It is worth them putting millions into fighting nuclear, which is what they're going to do at the next election, because if they don't, if they lose that battle there, then they're you know, they're going to be toast. So that's basically it. It's money reto it's money that's driving this. And the environmental groups in Australia almost all of them, certainly the big ones are all on board with this renewable only Cris Bowen sort of madnes because they're getting the funding from those bodies. They don't dare come out and make the sensible choice, which is for nuclear.
Speaker 2: Well we know why those who have invested heavily in renewables are behind this sort of activism and these sort of strategies. But when you're talking about the environmental groups who are supposed to be motivated by caring for the environment for slashing emissions. How could they possibly justify being anti nuclear power when if you want to dramatically reduce emissions without destroying living standards, nuclear is the only option right now. I mean, we could develop some new technology in the next decade or two, but right now renewables aren't going to get you there because there's no base load power.
Speaker 14: I'm in Finland at the moment, which is a beautiful backdrop reason. And here everybody is on board with nuclear, the Beans, the left, everybody. Public opinion polls about six percent of people oppose it. And I interviewed a member of the Greens Party yesterday who was telling me, well, of course we're for nuclear because it's the quickest way to get to zero mission. If that's your thing, you can do it that way. And they are doing it here ninety five percent carbon free electricity. All right, So they're doing it. They've proved, they've walked the walk and they've shown it works. But in Australia, the Green groups are just in cloud cuckoo land, you know. They they just spout this stuff. I just don't really think in the end they really they really do want to get to net zero. They just want to be seen to be the people fighting to get to net zero reach. So that's the point, isn't it. Because if they wanted to get to net zero, of course they go for nuclear. It's the obvious way.
Speaker 2: And in Scandinavia, not just Finland Sweden, it's used widely beautiful part of the world. Ni Kata enjoy. Thank you so much for joining me tonight. You still to come canceled. Kevin Spacey is about to be uncanceled as a host of Hollywood A listers come out in support of him. Plus a Hollywood star explains why so many celebrities are afraid to express right wing views. Kinsey Schofield is up next, Welcome back. I'm joined now by celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey, we spoke about Kevin Spacey last week after he broke his silence with that remarkable ninety minute tell all interview with Dan Wootton. And now we've got Hollywood actors coming out in support of the Oscar winner. Sharon Stone, Limb Niesen and Stephen Fryer among those campaigning for Kevin Spacey to return to acting after what's been really seven years of a horror run in exile where he was canceled over allegations that have not stood up in court in criminal or civil cases.
Speaker 4: That's right, and I do think that it's important to note that when somebody like Liam Neeson or Sharon Stone puts themselves out there and defends him Niecean specifically saying that Kevin Spacey is a good man and a man of character. Their industry needs him and misses him greatly. What they're doing is they're putting themselves on the line, and I think that it's important to note that that they, all of these celebrities are so fearful of canceling or of catching cancelation, and the fact that they are standing up for him and saying, look, this is ridiculous. Let's put this guy back to work. I think it means a lot to Kevin Spacey, but I also think a lot of people are going to take note of it that can put Kevin Spacey back to work.
Speaker 2: You're right, Kinsey, it's brave to take a stand. Even now. If you're going to be super critical, you'd say, where were these actors in the past seven years when Kevin was BA canceled? But I think so many people, including myself, who've watched that ninety minute interview with Kevin Spacey and looked at some of these allegations and what's transpired, have changed their mind about this. Perhaps even those of us who should know better jump to conclusions way too quickly. Let's talk more about Hollywood. Emmy winning actress Dreden Matteo has told Donald Trump Junior during a podcast that there are many well known celebrities, including herself, who are opposed to President Joe Biden's agenda, but they're hesitant to voice their opinions.
Speaker 15: And people in Hollywood are patrofied. We are you going to speak out against rees and sex and all of that stuff. People are afraid to have those conversations because, first of all, you never win with a level You're just never.
Speaker 2: Going to win. Kinsey, She's right, But we do have plenty of celebrities who a get to voice leftist political opinions, and they're getting louder and louder right now on social media, from Susan Sarandon to Barbara Streisan to Robert de Nier.
Speaker 4: Now, I think when it comes to politics, you know, this is a polarizing rematch Trump versus Biden, and the stakes are very high. So I do feel like you're seeing a lot of celebrities that we typically see in our faces around this time, like Taylor Swift disengage but don't forget Dune the Rock. Johnson endorse Biden in twenty twenty, but recently argued that he won't make that mistake again. He told Fox and Friends, the endorsement that I made years ago with Biden was one that I thought was the best decision for me at the time. Am I going to do that again this year? The answer is no, I'm not going to do that. Musician macklmore It recently released a scathing song tearing into Joe Biden, saying I will not be voting for you this fall. But here we are in June Celebrity your Los Angeles Vondrazer, starring George Clooney and Julia Roberts. So some are bailing and then there are some that I guess I would consider in the shameless category trying to pop, you know, prop up this eighty year old man.
Speaker 2: Oh, there are many of them. The fundraisers, the public endorsements, and also the social media activism. Some of the things these celebrities post on social media, you would think if you were the publicist, you would be having a heart attack. Now to the battle between a listers, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Their breakup was very ugly, indeed, and there's claims that Angelina Jolie has encouraged the children to avoid spending time with their father. Cans it tell me the latest on this saga and what we've learned from the latest legal proceedings.
Speaker 4: Absolutely in this accusation sounds very credible. We heard it last week. It's a former security guard and he told the Superior Court that Angelina Jolie attempted to turn her six children against their father, Brad Pitt by instructing them to reject him during custody visits. The witness said that Angelina fired him after two of his freelance security associates sided with Brad Pitt during the split and agreed to testify against her on Brad's behalf during custody hearings. Now, Brad's attorneys accusing Jolie of using NDA's inappropriately and almost in a threatening manner towards those security guards as the couple were battling. It out for their chateau winery Champagne problems.
Speaker 2: Champagne problem is indeed now I've missed their latest films. But are they both working a lot less than they once did? Is this impacting their public image and their career?
Speaker 4: I think it is for Angelina Joli because she comes off as very bitter and negative. You know, we just found out Shiloh could be moving in with Brad Pitt once she turns eighteen. Brad has a beautiful, young new girlfriend. He is busy in working, Angelina kind of leading more into charity work. But I do think that this divorce has hurt her brand. And then on top of that, like you said, she's very outspoken politically. She's got her father, John Voight saying I'm voting for Trump Trump twenty twenty four, and she just kind of looks problematic and toxic. Meanwhile, Brad is like casually walking along the beaches with his dogs, and he's beautiful, and he just looks unbothered.
Speaker 2: He does look unbothered, perhaps too unbolded. Kinsey Schofield, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's it from May News Night is up next. I'll see you Tomorrow at nine point thirty four, a whole program devoted to lefties losing it. Good Night,