Speaker 1: Apodjay Production. Welcome to the She Rises Podcast. I'm Ashley and I'm Tiana. This podcast is about female empowerment and encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself. We'd help you shed the shame, grow to a new level. We're gonna laugh, cry, and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about. Get ready for your next level of self. Hello everybody, Welcome back to the potty.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of She Rises with your favorite.
Speaker 1: Hosts Ashley and Tiana. Today we're talking all things Balley. We just got back from a Barley trip and had the time of our life. Before we get into it, watch your Share of the Week.
Speaker 2: My Share of the Week is something for when you are under the weather or if you've got a little bit of a sickness. This has been a game changer for me, especially coming back from Bali. I felt a little bit under the weather, my gut felt off, and I've been using oregano oil in the capsule form and then it's just helped me clear everything up, Like I was really really up and down. Having taken that every day after like forty eight hours I was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never heard of it until I met you.
Speaker 2: It's really potent and really strong. People say that you should use it for like parasite cleanses, anything to do with stomach bugs, all that sort of stuff, because it's quite a potent oil.
Speaker 1: Even if you smell it, it's really strong. Is it like for inflammation, clears you out bacterial? Yeah, question. I'm just so curious how an oil helps your sickness. It's got antioxidants in it. It's also anti inflammatory inflammatory. Yeah, that makes sense. It's antibacterial, anti microbiomal. How cool. Yeah, my show of the week is so random. But hear me out homemade nachos. I don't like avocado, but I make guacamole. It does not taste like avocado. It's like avocado mashed up, lemon and lime, juice, salt, pepper, corn, chopped out tomatoes, and raw red onion. Absolutely delicious. And I used to just make nachos with like corn, chips, beef, mince and some sauce and cheese. Yep. Now with this on top, I have it pretty much every single day. We even brought it to the studio today. So yummy, so healthy, very satisfying and I'm just not sick of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and home protein, yes, very high protein, and it's so yummy, like you can never get sick of it.
Speaker 1: It's so delicious. We're both addicted. Definitely a statepule in our households. Alrighty, let's get into it. So we went to Bali. We went four It was eight days in total, actually eight days, which was so nice. We probably could have done another three weeks. Oh my god, didn't have children and a husband I would have had. It was the best. We had so much fun and like going.
Speaker 2: It was our first international trip together actually, so that was cool when I had our girlfriend Meg come along with us, and it was just so much fun.
Speaker 1: I think around that time.
Speaker 2: We all, all three of us really needed like a bright reset, Yeah, like a full reset. I think we were all dealing with our own things emotionally, things were starting to feel really heavy, and we were just really looking forward to taking off all the hats. I know you were, especially, I.
Speaker 1: Felt like I was just drowning in grief. Yeah, made a big year, but I just felt like I was kind of spiraling into a bit of a dark hole. I can compartmentalize when I need to, like we need to shop for the kids and go to work or whatever. But yeah, I just felt really down and really drained and really just yeah, that's the best way to put it. I needed a break from everything. Yeah, Bali gave me exactly that. Like literally, my biggest decisions each day were what am I going to wear? And where are we going to eat? And what TikTok video we're going to film today. Honestly, it was just fun to be playful and light energy, and it really did give me a good resear and I came back feeling so much lighter, which was good. So today we're going to go over all the questions that we got asked when we were in Bali, which was how much does it cost? Where do you go? What your favorite cafes? Where do I go to the day spas? How do I not get sick? All those questions. If you're thinking about going to Bali, or maybe you've been before and you have got sick, you're not sure where to go Because honestly, Balley, if you don't know where to go and what to do, it could be not a fun trip. It could we make or break the trip. Yeah, you could really make a story out that you don't like Bali, but you just know where to go and what to do. Let's go over cost first, like how much should it cost for us to go? So our flights were I think eight hundred returns eight hundred, about nine hundred including baggage and all that stuff, which isn't too bad. It's not too bad rud. Yeah. And then our combination we booked quite a nice filly. You can get a lot cheaper than what we pay, but I think it was close to three thousand dollars for their eight nights, Yes, that's right. And it was for a three bedroom village. Yes, yeah, nearly three thousand dollars. I think it's a little bit more price you compared to a lot of other villas I've stayed at. But also, if you go to Bali, you can do it really cheap and still be nice. All you can spend a bit more and your villa will be like elite, like really really beautiful. So there was that, and then something that we really recommend you guys all downloading is an app called go Jack. This is how we got around on our scooters. Or if you don't want to go to scooter, you can go in a car. It's kind of like uber. Yeah, you can get all your food, your scooters and your cars, and everything is so cheap, like each scooter ride was like seventy five cents or something.
Speaker 2: It is ridiculous, like it's unheard of. You see it and you're just like, of course, I'm going to tip you ten dollars. And they're so happy too, like when you do, you just like tip them on the end of their trip and give them cash as opposed to doing it through the app as well. They're just so grateful as well. Yes, that's a really convenient way to get around in Bali. Something also to note as well before you do travel to Bali is making sure that you get insurance. So it'll probably cost you like one hundred and sixty five dollars. We went through somewhere called cover.
Speaker 1: More and you are painful to deal with, but we got it. Yeah, oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: We did on the phone because we did all three at the same time and they were all on separate insurances. But something to do, especially if you're gonna be riding like the scooters and stuff, making sure that you cover that as well.
Speaker 1: A percent that's a really good point. I got some pash up before I left, and I also used my card as well. They have rupia over there, so like one hundred thousand dollars note over there is equivalent to approximately ten dollars Australian. Yeah, so just keep that in mind when you're spending. But I feel like most of their restaurants and stuff, you can use what is it called when you just beat you fine, like pay pass or some pass. Yeah, yeah, what is that called? You can use that for a lot of them. But most of the time we did carry cash as well. We all took out one thousand dollars to start with, yeah, and then I did need to take out more when I was there because we shopped. We like shopping, Yeah, we do like showing. That was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a good amount of money just to have just in case you need the cash. But like what you said, everywhere, you can use your card anywhere, so it.
Speaker 1: Was pretty It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if you're going to like the height end restaurants and stuff like that, you don't really have anything to worry about. And the ATMs and stuff that we did use were like pretty safe. Yeah, you know, guarded in glass boxes, that sort of thing. So for anyone who hasn't been to Bali and you're a little bit nervous about that sort of stuff, like, it's not really something you have to fear, Like, don't let it stop you from going to Bali because there is really safe ways to get around and spend money and not get sick.
Speaker 1: And then when it comes to the day spars, once again, you can have really cheap on the side of the road or you can go to a little bit more of a I don't know, flashier day spar Ye. Our favorite was Spring that's in Chengu, it's in Ulasu, and it's also in Semnyak. You the one in Semnyak the best massages we've ever had, amazing blow dries, the whole day call, like everything about that day spar was so beautiful. It was a little bit more expensive, like you can literally go to one on the side of the road and you'll pay ten dollars for an hour massage, whereas there I think it was more around the forty dollars, yeah, for an hour, but it was so good. So once again it turns on where you go and what you do. But it is really cheap. It can spend that little bit more and you can go to have a really nice experience.
Speaker 2: We got a facial massage and blow dry and that was insane, like so good, best facial, best massage I've ever had. And then also like that was the whole experience itself for a moment we walked into, the moment we left, I was like, wow, hands down, that was an incredible spa. And then sometimes you just want to go and you just want to get a massage and you know, go to like the ones on the side.
Speaker 1: Of the road or yeah, we got quite a few shoulder massages. Yeah, it was beautiful and it was so cheap. Yeah, like ten bucks whatever and an hour shoulder and head massage. Yeah, so good. Okay, what do we pack to go to Bali? Honestly, I would just recommend a lot of light clothes, a lot of light dresses, bikinis, sarongs, thongs, kind of thongs, all of the gymware. If you're not to go to the gym sneakers of course, hats, and then if you are going to be traveling on the gojecs during the middle of the day, we took like white linen shirts to wear over the top. Like we went from Chagu up to Lawashu for one of the days and that was at least in our scooter rides. We just covered ourselves up, switting it to sunburn. But yeah, just lots of light clothes and if you don't take a lot, they've got beautiful markets and stores that you can pick up all that kind of stuff as well. Yeah, that's really cool. Also a big bag for adventure days, so if you are going to the beach up or Lawasho, or you're going on a tour or something, just like a big bag to check everything in. Yeah, which you can also buy over there as well. And Mozzie spray. Oh my god, Mozzie spray. Yes, yes, I did take a natural and mossy spray over then. A lot of the cafes and restaurants do have them, but if you are one that tends to get bitten, they can be bad over there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was one night to get like bitten the fair few times. Yeah, but just that one night, just that one night. Other than that, the rest were pretty fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, the biggest question we got was how not to get sick. We've got a few tips on this. Both town and I have been to Bali so many times. I've only ever been sick twice. The first time I went, I went with another family and we ate a salad and it was washed in the water. So that was not a good time. And I knew nothing about balley belly either. And I've probably been fifteen times since and haven't been sick. The last time I was sick, it wasn't barley belly. It was actually food poisoning. We all shared these pancakes and I reckon the eggs or something were off. Yeah, so it wasn't actually barley belly. But what we recommend is focusing on your gut health before you go, so doing your course of probotics. Having our gluted mine to really line your gut is key. And we took a gut powder over there as well. We had that every day. Avoid all tap water. Yeah, don't brush your teeth when you're in the shower, keep your head out, eaving mouth clothes, keep your mouth closed like a couple of drops the water. If you've got a week's stomach, you could get really sick. And then also we don't drink, but make had a couple of drinks at Fins, and I remember you saying that alcohol you just don't know what ice they're using to mix with it and what they're mixing in with it. And she felt pretty off after having a couple of drinks at Fins. She didn't get fully sick, but she felt she was like, oh, this does not feel good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was one specific drink that she had where she was like something about this drink actually takes really funny. And I mentioned to Meg that over in Bali they have this this like their version of vodka. I think it's called like a rack or something like that, and it's just a cheaper version that they use at the nightclubs and the clubs and all that sort of stuff. Super super cheap, but will absolutely make you feel it's like jet fuel.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Right, So even if you like, yeah, like what you said, like, we don't drink, but even if you do drink, making sure that you're getting the bottled stuff as opposed to open drinks. You run the risk of anything that is open with lots of ice and water and all that stuff. So you just gotta be really careful with what you are consuming because that will definitely make a difference in whether you get sick or not.
Speaker 1: I always say no ice doesn't matter where I'm at, and even say, oh we use Aqua, which is their brand of filtered water. I just get no ice no matter what. Another thing I took, which Megan ended up using most days we forgot but is Traveland tub yets. You can get them from a pharmacy. It just prevents traveler's diarrheas. So any countries like Bali or Thailand or Vietnam, they reckon take those before your main meals, which took them a couple of times. But if you're really paranoid, that's another thing to take. And then obviously you can speak with your doctor and get advice from them. But charcoal tablets are incredible to get rid of. Miley belly Ta shot it twice because he would suck a sum Yeah, so he would like, yeah, just put it in water or like have a shower, and then he suck as some afterwards. He had it twice and I gave him charcoal tablets. With half an hour he stopped vomiting. So I think they're really good and I always travel with them just in case. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: I haven't used this in a long time, but I know, like from being younger and when I have once gotten sick before, I used something called emodium. I obviously don't know if it's productive, because you probably want to get it out. It stops you from having to go to the toilet so frequently. Yeah, so it like stops that like urge to like constantly be sitting on the toilet kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you're right that you kind of do want to get it out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something that I used probably like when I was seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would I use it now? I'm not sure, but I've heard that it's yeah, good man. You guys can do your own research or sure what you want to do. Yeah, But honestly, just the gut powder was the biggest one. What's it called Metagenics, that's the brand Glutagenics and Gluegenics. Yeah, and then I got an ivy drip over there because I felt run down. I didn't have Ballei belly, but I asked the lady that was doing it, the nurse, and she said, so many people come and get this when they've got Ballei belly or when they hungover. Yeah, it's the most common things that she's treating. So if you do get Bali belly, you can order a mobile ivy drip and they come to your fula or your hotel and of course may about two hundred dollars. I got into like an immune boosting hydrating one. Yeah, but that's always an option too. Yeah, that's what got to say about getting sick now. Locations that we recommend. What's your favorite location in Bali?
Speaker 2: Location is in like area or places? Two area Chengu and Uluwatu.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, so good.
Speaker 2: Both different vibes though, Like Changu is very hustle and bustle. It's where everything is kind of happening. If you want to be in and amongst everything, go to Chegu because you can walk.
Speaker 1: Outside your place and there'll be a cafe down the road. Yeah, and a massage and everything's so close by.
Speaker 2: Whereas Uluwatu more slower feel to it, but it's less touristy, feels more like local live there. Still really beautiful, but if much more calm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the same. I love Chegu it turnds where I go with to be honest, if I'm going with my family or my mum. I always stay in Semnac because everything's walking distance. Yeah, whereas Chegu I like better because I feel like they've got more variety with cafes and restaurants and it's more up and coming. There's a lot more shops, a lot more hustling bustle. But my mom won't go on scooters, and I wouldn't take Tiler on a scooter. So to go on a car and get around Chengu, oh, it takes so long, takes so long. So Semnyak for more families and with my mum and then with girlfriends like Changu, and then all of ur too actually got married up there, So I always love it up there. It's so beautiful. You're on the cliff tops with all the restaurants, a lot of the beach clubs up there, and the beaches. We went to p Dang Bedang Beach and that's one of the most beautiful beaches. Got like the rocks and the caves, and that's where a lot of people will go out to get surf lessons as well, even if you go to Semnac or Changu. We did a day trip up there and it was so nice to go up there just for a change of scenery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it costs ten dollars on the gojack to get a scooter up there for an hour. So to some context of like how much thing cost.
Speaker 1: That beach was beautiful, it was stunning. Got to be packed, it got packed, very busy. It must be like a very popular beach, I think. So so we went to We went there, and then we went to like a beach club and a day club after that, so El Cobron. Yeah, it was really cool to have.
Speaker 2: Both experiences where we're like, just go to the beach, chill, hang out, swim and then go sit there and eat and just vibe out to the music.
Speaker 1: It was so fun. Yeah, so we only went to Alkron. There's so many other beach clubs, but Abron was a vibe. Yeah, it wasn't super packed, which was kind of good, I suppose, but then if you want to people watch, if you want more people.
Speaker 2: So I remember when we first went there, like you have to pay to sit somewhere, and you can't sit anywhere else other than the restaurant. So they must only let like a certain amount of numbers in.
Speaker 1: It's quite expensive, actually it is. Yeah, we pay each like two forty each.
Speaker 2: So I think the minimum was like one hundred and fifty dollars per person just to come inside and.
Speaker 1: That on food and drinks. But it's still quite expensive, but not all of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember there was like a fee, yeah, and then the rest was a credit.
Speaker 1: But it's worth it. It's an experience. It's fun. They have music vibing like we had a really good time. Yeah, it was good fun. You watched the sunset. Our sunset wasn't great because was a bit cloudy, but on a good day it would have been beautiful. We did stay there for a while though, Yeah, we all Avoh okay, our favorite place is to eat and why will start with Brecky Our absolute favorite, I know, mine is Copenhagen Open Egg and oh it's so good, so good. How do you describe it? It's not a buff favorite. They basically give you this piece of paper and it's got all these different options and you just tick what you want and you choose like five for seventeen dollars or something ridiculous. We've got sweet and savory and oh it's just really good quality food.
Speaker 2: They'd have like fruit bowls and then they'd have cheap pudding things, sae.
Speaker 1: Bowls, little burgers, little burgers, you have the bre like suns, eggs, like all different things. Just if you want to go somewhere and you want variety, it's a really good place to go because you do you do those deals like what you were talking about. It's just good. You know, it's going to be good every time. Another place we ate for breky was called Milk and Mado. That was actually tried it for breakfast and lunch so good. And they've got them changu Ulauatu Barawa. Yeah they had one. Yeah, yeah, so they've got them quite a few places around. But yeah, really big menu, lots of variety and good quality food. And the one in Chenggu has a kid's playground which is really cool if you got kids, I just like play while you eat a big the one that Ila Wat does as well. Oh yeah, that's right. And then the common. We went to the common which was really yummy and the corn fruit is are really good. Then lunch milk and Maato which I just said nude is another one that I really really love. That's in Chenggu. And then Watercress that was really Yeah, that was good dinner tell us about the dinner. Grumpy Butcher, No, the Long Time. Oh there's so many though.
Speaker 2: The Grumpy Butcher was one of the first locations that we went to. The steak is out of this world, like best aig guve ever had, best steak, hands down, hands down, and it was probably like I think the one that we got that we loved was about sixty something dollar.
Speaker 1: It was still Australian prices, but oh just like melts in your mouth. But for the best steak I've ever had. I'm so impressed.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty for that easy easy, It was insane. I highly recommend going there if you're a state girly then Long Time was incredible.
Speaker 1: This place was like was it modern Asian? Yeah? Modern Nation.
Speaker 2: I was so taken back, all of us were. We were all sitting there like eating the meals and like not saying anything to each other, faceless, just having a full experience there. We went one night and then we were like, oh, screw it, we should go back, and ended up meeting like the owner there.
Speaker 1: She was really lovely from Melbourne. From Melbourne. It was so yummy, like every single dish, the way the meat was cooked, the way it was marinated. The desserts were deserts I've never had in my whole entire life. It was delicious. Like if you gonna know a one restaurant long time, it has to be it. Yeah, and then back on the steak. So the grandpeople. Butcher also has like a sister restaurant called Boy and Cow just as good. Yeah, so friggin yummy. We also went to a place in Semnac called food House that was on our last night. That was really good too. That was really good. Lots of variety that was up there For me as well, I was tired modern tire. Yeah, if you like spicy, they have lots of spicy dishes. True, and if you were a seafood girl, you highly recommend their stuff is really good. But even for a non seafood or non spicy like, I got so many dishes that were not those. It's really got a lot of variety, lots of variety. Yeah, what do we even get? What was that salad that you got? Oh? I love papaya salad. It was fresh. And we got this like donut beef roll. It sounds so weird. It's like a donut with shredded beef inside and it was next level. I remember seeing you guys eat that and I was like, what is that summy? Yeah, there was that. What do we get. We've got steak, seafood.
Speaker 2: Stuff, chicken, I got some prawn like appetizers, beef beef tate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is just hands down, always so good. So that's probably the main things that we wanted to go over. We hope just this gives you more confidence to go to Bali. It it's honestly such a beautiful country. So the one country that I just feel like I can go through and completely switch off and relax like everywhere else is just it's a bit more adventurer. I have been there that much, so it's not familiar. I feel like I have to plan a lot more was over there. I'm just like, oh, it's gonna go jump on a scooter, I go to a cafe, like, get a massage. It's just ultimate reset. And then we also sold out two retreats. Yeah. It was crazy. Yeah, it was so insane the way that that all kind of unfolded. It happened.
Speaker 2: It was something that we were looking at doing a little later in the year around October, but just we were in the Bali Energy and we were having so much fun and it's exactly what we needed. And so while we were there, we were just like, all right, like this, so look.
Speaker 1: At the venue. We planned to look at the venue and we were walked in, we were like, oh, oh my god, this is amazing. And then we just launched it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it sold out, and we launched another one and so and then that's sold out.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've got to one in May and one a September. Next room, we're already like, how do we do one in June or July? Yeah, like how do we make that happen? Because yeah, there's a bit of a weight list now as it's obviously booked out. There's forty eight women coming. We've got girls coming from America, Canada, New Zealand and then all around Australia. Are so incredible, insane, so freaking cool. So if you want to be on the weight list, we'll put the link in our description box below. Yep, it's just our email list. We'll send out an email if any spot's become available, we decide to launch another retreat. Maybe we'll do something in Australia, I'm not sure. Also, if you've missed our last couple of episodes. The retreats are booked out. We do have a live event in October. We would love to see you guys there. It's happening October seventeenth in Brisbane. Yeah, we're super excited. So there are different options for tickets. There's general admission and there's also VIP. However, vip are almost sold out, so if you want to jump in you can. That gives like a meet and greet and we get to chat and see together. Goodie bags, goodie bags. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or if you just want to come and you want to bring the girls and you want to have a night out and learn and have some fun and love and even if you want to bring in some advice and you need it in person, we're doing that on stage.
Speaker 1: We've got all our segments, plus we've got a guest speaker which will touch your heart. We've got live entertainment and a guest panel as well. So lots of things jam backed into three hours a night full of connection and growth and expansion and just fun. Yeah, like get your girlfriends together and come and have a fun night out, let your hair down, let's go. Yeah, we'll see you there. We'll see there, so the link will also pop the links for below. Otherwise, you can search she rises on ticketek dot com. Yeah all right, guys, if you have any other questions, just come into our forum and ask us about Bali. We absolutely love it. We're going back twice next year. You're going back. I'm going back soon, Yeah, August and September. I'm going for three weeks, so freaking cool, so excited. So if we didn't cover anything, just let us know on the forum. Otherwise, we'll see you tomorrow for best advice back