Speaker 1: On scorn Lous Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panety Show. Coming up tonight. The Victorian Liberal leader under renewed pressure can John Persuto survived the latest self made crisis. Senator Alex Antique will be with me to discuss the Albanese government's latest assault against free speech.
Speaker 4: Josh Hammer with the.
Speaker 3: US report including some surprising whole numbers for Donald Trump. And later in the Hour of Prayer, Leach on Pina Dutter's call for those who displayed terrorist flags to be deported or jailed after pro hat bull up protests in Melbourne and Sydney. And of course we never forget Lefty's losing it.
Speaker 4: We could all use a.
Speaker 5: Laugh, guess what. By the way, the fact the matter is the rich don't day their fair share.
Speaker 3: But first, the Victorian Liberal Party is in crisis again. More a Deeming's defamation case against leader John Persudo is seeing more and more MPs agitate for a leadership change. According to the Herald's side, several Liberal MPs are set to pressure John Persudo to resign in order to avoid a messy leadership.
Speaker 4: Leadership challenge.
Speaker 3: Sam Groth, Brad Batton and James Newbury are all said to be potential contenders. Today, John Persudo said he plans to lead the Liberal Party into the twenty twenty six state election. When he was asked about his position, he said, it's safe, very good.
Speaker 4: I speak to my colleagues regularly. I've got no concerns in that area.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for more on there's this News Corps senior writer Patrick Carlyon. Patrick sounds like he's got the full support of the board there. I mean, surely, on a serious matt note, he cannot survive this case. Whichever way the case falls, Surely his position is untenable.
Speaker 6: Well, I think the problem read it with this, besides all the other obvious problems, is that this case is going to be drawn out into next year. It's been going since March twenty three. This whole issue, it was a small issue. It should have been put to bed one way or another back in the days and weeks after it happened. John Pursudo was understand I think for four days last week, and you can understand the frustrations. I mean, it's such a distraction from his real job, and his real job should be prosecuting a government which is really falling down in so many areas in Victoria at the moment, it's really on the ropes. But instead the Liberal Party is eating the Liberal Party. This has been going on for years and years.
Speaker 4: But they have so much to work with.
Speaker 3: In this state, the labor government has been hopelessly inept. We've got the biggest deficit of any state in the country.
Speaker 4: It's biting.
Speaker 3: People are feeling that because a lot of times people don't really take no.
Speaker 4: Of the state debt.
Speaker 3: But anyone who pays land tax pays payroll tax, rents.
Speaker 4: The rents have gone up.
Speaker 3: Because of all the property taxes, so it really is so they have so much material to work with, and yet I think if there was an election today just into Alan would romp it in Well.
Speaker 6: It's interesting. I mean, look you drive around Melbourne. We drive around Melbourne, there are so many potholes on the roads. Literally it is a state in disrepair because we cannot afford to fix the potholes. That's how bad it is. Whether it's health debt, the.
Speaker 3: Commonwealth games, which embarrassingly couldn't afford, so now we're paying for Scotland to hold.
Speaker 2: Them that's right.
Speaker 6: There are so many riches to smash out of the park, and instead John Pishido is talking about being in court and whether his colleagues have confidence in him.
Speaker 2: I can understand their frustration.
Speaker 3: And he's in court in large part because he believes a view held by Mora Deeming, which I would say is held by the overwhelming majority of Victorians, is somehow so controversial that it would be damaging to the Liberal Party. That's how out his political judgment is. I mean to me that alone is disqualifying for him to be leader. The fact that his political judgment is so hopelessly poor.
Speaker 4: Now let's talk about the ABC.
Speaker 3: Last night we showed you their shockingly biased reporting of the pro Hasbula protests in Melbourne and Sydney over the weekend, and it has now been revealed that the public broadcaster has been hit with multiple complaints, including one from the Executive Council of Australian Jury. Their legal counsel wrote the segment presented was inaccurate, impartial, offensive, intimidating, an inflammatory content that lauded Hezbollah leader Hassan Nazreela, assassinated leader of Hezbela and utterly failed to contextualize Israel's military actions against Hezbollah. That was part of the complaint. Let's have a quick look at just some of that coverage.
Speaker 1: You are again, then, forever on the wrong side of history. Damn Australian policies when it comes to the Middle East.
Speaker 5: A sentiment they'll project even louder next week as to complete the year of weekly protests.
Speaker 3: Patrick, this was a remarkably biased news report, even by ABC standards.
Speaker 4: And I emphasized the word news there because.
Speaker 3: This wasn't part of an opinion show. It wasn't a host sharing their personal opinions. It was supposed to be unbiased, straight down the line, impartial news reporting.
Speaker 2: Well, I would argue the ABC actually missed the story.
Speaker 6: Here are all these people waving flags of a terrorist organization. Why aren't you going up to them and saying what are you about? Why are you doing this? That was a story and followed by what happens to these people?
Speaker 2: Are they visa holders? Are they going to be charged with crimes?
Speaker 6: That's the story And look, I can, to be fair, been a journalist on the ground at times you can only see what you can see. There should have been wiser heads back in the office and h Q sort of saying, well, hang on, this isn't right because there was a complete lack of context. Having said that, I mean you look at the Foreign Minister Penny Wong. I mean she gives speeches to the UN and there's a complete lack of context. This is a sort of infectious disease almost that has afflicted.
Speaker 4: But at least that's.
Speaker 3: Her point of view, that sort of opinion, and it seems to be those lines between news and opinion and have been completely blurred. At the ABC, their charter is an afterthought and this report it looked at in its entirety, it was completely devoid of balance. There was not one coalition MP. There wasn't one pro Israel person. There wasn't one person critical of hes Bulah or supportive of these strikes. It was just all one way traffic. Now, in a massive blow for Quants' market dominance, Qatar Airways is said to buy a twenty five percent stake in Virgin Australia, which is sure to strengthen Virgin's position Patrick. This also puts the Albanese government in a tricky position. They previously blocked Qatar, but they want greater competition in this sector.
Speaker 4: So everyone's going to be looking at what the reaction is going to be to this.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and look it has to go through the checks and balances as these things do.
Speaker 2: This is big business.
Speaker 6: Anything that brings more competition, as this seems likely to do, is a good thing. Because nobody cares about Quantus anymore. I mean, Quantus lost the crowd last year. There is no loyalty to Quantus. It was a national aricon for generations. Now it's sort of seen as his company that ripped off so many people brazenly. I think most people would embrace just the competition. Some competition is good, More competition is better, and if it means cheaper airfares, that's where people's loyalties lie.
Speaker 2: I think they want the cheapest fares they can.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing a lot of chatter about, well, we can't allow Qatar to take a part of Virgin Australia because you look at the human rights abuses, you look at the way they treat some of their staff, the way they treat female workers.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that argument?
Speaker 3: Because I would my response to that be that's a dangerous game to play. I'm not saying it's not a valid point, but you look at Quantus and Emirates partnership and some of the laws in that country and some of the treatment of their people. So if you want to be pure, you're going to have to see changes elsewhere. You can't just have that attitude to Qatar and no other company.
Speaker 2: Where do you draw the line?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think you've written columns before talking about Admirates sponsoring the Sydney Swans.
Speaker 4: I think it's actually Qatar is a Caitar.
Speaker 2: And where do you draw the line?
Speaker 6: I mean, there are there are issues that are dreadful, that are anti Western, anti democratic. It'll always be multinational type companies. If you're going to start drawing a line there, then you're going to start looking at a lot of other things as well.
Speaker 2: The way of accepted for a long time.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying I know what the answer is, to be fair, but it is a slippery slope.
Speaker 4: Now, this is a cute story.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump has celebrated the success of his wife, Milani's newly released book called Milania, after it became the number one best seller on Amazon. Milani also gave a rare interview to Fox News recently.
Speaker 4: Here's some of that.
Speaker 1: If we compared these four years under this administration compared to four years under my husband as commander in chief, he was leading the country through peace through strength, and the border was safer than ever before. We didn't have any wars. People were prospering, they had jobs, they could support their families. So I think American people need to decide what they really want.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 3: This is interesting because she's really not been particularly outspoken. Here she's talking about She talked about costs of living, pressures, the border crisis, the fact that things were a lot better under her husband.
Speaker 4: It was quite an extensive interview.
Speaker 3: She talked about the lawfare against him, having her home raided.
Speaker 4: Do you think this is going to help her?
Speaker 3: Some would say she's not exactly relatable, she's so beautiful, and she's not your.
Speaker 4: Typical politician's wife.
Speaker 3: But do you think it helps Trump's image to have her out there talking about these issues?
Speaker 6: Look, she has been sort of so invisible for this entire campaign until now, which I think is sort of more noticeable than what she's doing now.
Speaker 2: It did strike me. The blurb for the book talked about her.
Speaker 6: Inspiring story and overcoming adversity. I don't think it's a very relatable story. She's glamorous people who are interested in glamorous people, and I think that probably explains why the book is selling so well. Politically, I'm not sure. I mean, it's a good question. Does this actually help Donald Trump or is it a distraction?
Speaker 4: I think it helps him.
Speaker 3: I think it helps him in that as much as she's not exactly relatable, people really do like her, and she's intriguing and she's compelling, and I think it's certainly something that elevates his image and perhaps elevates it in the eyes of some women. But yeah, I can understand why people say, yeah, she's not the girl next door, she's not the typical politician's wife. Now, finally, I'm sure you've all been told to keep changing those passwords regularly to keep your online accounts secure. But US government security experts I now recommend against this approach. They're saying, actually, this is not the way to go, because this is bane of my existence, constantly having to change passwords. Can never remember what they are, you have to constantly reset them. And apparently now the advice is don't keep changing them.
Speaker 2: I like that advice like you like any someone.
Speaker 3: Tell the news corp bosses about that and just circulate that to everyone who makes us change them every month.
Speaker 6: There's so many levels of security now, and that's probably a good thing, but yes, it trips you up every single day, whether it's your phone or your Google or Amazon workspaces, whatever, and everybody is in the same position.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've lost track. I like that advice.
Speaker 3: I like that advice to Patrick Carlin and thank you so much for your time. Joining me now is Federal Liberal Senator Alex Antique. Alex, let's start with Labour's proposed Misinformation and Online Safety Bill. The window for public submissions has already closed, with a report on the public's verdict on the new laws to be delivered by the end of night November. Now, the Coalition is formally opposing this bill, but is it going to pass the Senate? Are the likes of Jackie Lamby and David Pocock going to back such an Orwellian measure?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well that is the million trillion dollar question reader. I hope they don't. The Labor government introduced this bill several weeks ago and in the last sitting week of Parliament shipped it off to a committee which had seven days for submissions. If you can believe that this is one of the most expansive overhauls of free speech in this country we've seen in living memory probably and seven days were given. Look, this just the message needs to get through to the cross bench. This will all hinge on those five or six senators who sit on the cross bench, people like David Pocock and Jackie Lamby, Fatima Payman and others. And what I would say to them is what is good for the left of politics can also be good for the right. And so this is a bill which should be defeated for the sake of free speech in this country. If this bill passes and we give bureaucrats and the courts the ability to tell us what's true and what's not online, then free speech in this country is dead now.
Speaker 3: One interested citizen who did make a submission is former Deputy Chief Medical Officer Nick Coatesworth, and he was in that crucial role during the height of the COVID era and he has shared this and I want to read from it because I think this is really important. Doctor Coatesworth wrote the Branding of legitimate debate on COVID as misinformation both during the pandemic and ongoing has provoked me to write a submission to the Senate Committee overseeing the Combating Misinformation and Disinformation Bill. This bill should be rejected in its entirety. In the Combating Misinformation and Disinformation Bill's definition of serious harm, the following phrase is used harm to public health in Australia, including the efficacy of preventative health measures in Australia. It's quite astonishing to me that after the pandemic, when we're all becoming acutely aware of facts that changed over the course of the pandemic, yes, including the nature of airborne spread, amongst many others, that we would find our Parliament debating a bill where any number of legitimate concerns about public health policy could be branded misinformation by the government or the scientific orthodoxy of the moment. Alex he put it perfectly, is one hundred percent right about the word misinformation, the word disinformation being weaponized as a means to shut down debate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look at a point well made and will received too from somebody that knows the bureaucracy, certainly in the health care sector as much as anyone could and the points are one hundred percent right. I mean this is we will see if this bill passes, what is true and what is not will become a matter for the so called expertocracy, and in my view, that's where the real misinformation and disinformation lies. I mean, you know, we saw that through the pandemic, and we saw the Department of Home Affairs pulling down or requesting posts from Australians to be pulled down that were actually true and demonstrably true even at the time, I would say, but certainly after the fact. So it's important that we get people like doctor Coatsworth to make statements like this. I think his voice will carry a lot of sway. I think people will listen to it and they'll understand. And it is one hundred percent right. This bill will seek to politicize free speech and it will shut down important information being given to the Australian public. We know why this is being done. There is a global push on censorship at the moment. The World Economic Forum, by the way Reader, in their Global Risks Report for twenty twenty four, hold out mis information as the number one risk to the globe to the globe at the moment, So you know, there are people in very high places that are very keen to push this through. In my view is that some of the people inside the Labor Party may even not understand what they are playing with at the moment. They're playing with fire.
Speaker 3: That absolutely playing with fire, and I think this is going to become Obviously, cost of living right now is the number one issue and probably will be at the next election. But this is a fundamental issue. This is like the Voice referendum, where people have to understand the significance of this legislation and what it will mean to their day to day lives and how it will change Australia. Now, Alex, you've been asking questions about a visit to Australia earlier this month by Nina Jankowitz, the former head of the US government's disinformation Government Border that only lasted for about a month in twenty twenty two before being dissolved. It was are widely mocked and criticized. Do we know if she met with our a Safety Commissioner, Julie Inman Grant while she was in the country.
Speaker 7: Well, look, I don't know for sure. I've seen online reports that she did. My interest is knowing who she met with, who of the government, who of the ministers, who of our statutory bodies like the Commissioner for Online Safety, and what they spoke about. I mean, I think the timing of this visit is quite interesting. When it happened, I think a week or so in advance of the introduction of the Combating Misinformation and Disinformation Bill. These are people on the public payroll and I think the Australian people have a right to know what was discussed and who she met with. I don't think we can draw anything out of that, other than to say it would be interesting to know what the flavor of the discussion was. I moved a motion in the Senate to ask for those documents to be produced and lo and behold labor and the Greens didn't want to. I wonder what we can draw from that.
Speaker 3: Yes, precisely, I'll keep my comments to myself on that issue, but I do wonder why the opposition doesn't come out and oppose some of the excesses of that office. The e Safety Commissioner E Karen Julianeman Grant, the way she has conducted herself in that role is deserving of criticism, but still some within the coalition, and I'm not talking about fringe players here. We're talking about the leadership who expressed support for her despite the fact that she has politicized this role.
Speaker 7: Yeah well, I mean, I think what it shows is the trouble with having this office at all. Frankly, I mean, without making specific comments about the Commissioner herself, I think rather than playing the man, we look at the role itself. You have to remember, reader, this started off as the Office for protecting online speech against children. She was the Children's Online Safety Commissioner to start off with, and the mission creep on this has evolved to the point where we are now talking about online safety. We see this so often with laws that are designed to protect safety is always the issue. When we see these, the mission creep become real. So look, my concern is for free speech, free speech generally, but free speech online as a subset. And look, I don't want to see those powers broadened. I don't want to see bureaucrats in the form of ACMA having more powers than we currently do if this bill were to pass. And of course all this overlays onto the Digital ID framework and the sorts of things that people like I and you might say, have been warning about for years on in which is a surveillance state. And I think that is where we were headed if Parliament doesn't start to push back on these laws.
Speaker 3: Now, just finally, the Queensland Liberal National Party is preferencing Labor above the Greens and the upcoming election, surely Labor must do likewise, they cannot complain about how extreme the Greens are becoming and then being in effective coalition with them.
Speaker 7: Well, it's almost like a sort of a weekly punch and duty show at in the halls of Parliament here in Canberra, where we see Labor pretending to be not in lockstep with some of the things the Greens are doing and vice versa, and they sort of performatively argue with each other across the chamber in our chamber, and of course we know the problems Labor have. Labor have problems with their left flank, and they sort of almost have to be seen to be sympathetic to some of these things, whereas you know that, of course is not the case on the other side of the chamber. Look, I think the thing that Labor and the Labor Right in particular need to understand is this is not the Greens of years gone by. That the Greens, Australian Greens in this country are no longer simply an environmental party. They have transformed into something quite differ, and Labor would be wise to cast them off and preference them last as you say, like we.
Speaker 4: Do, Santantic, thank you for your time still to come.
Speaker 3: And Lefties losing it and Josh Hammer with the latest from the US, including the Biden Harris administrations woeful response to Hurricane Helene. Welcome back, and it's time for lefties losing it.
Speaker 4: Now here is a vile.
Speaker 3: Vile lefties celebrating a deadly, devastating hurricane hitting Republican states.
Speaker 4: These people are evil.
Speaker 8: So when I seen the hurricane head in North Carolina and Tennessee, the first thing I thought was, damn, there've got some recess there. There we go, we got some gune. And then as you've seen this video that like the area is like Sundowntown out there, Sundowntown after Sundowntown, and they are just completely flattened and gone. And I was like, God's work, God's work.
Speaker 4: I have no words for that, really, And I regret to inform you now that Kamala is back at it back with the word.
Speaker 3: Salads, the non answers, the endless references to her childhood when asked serious questions about the economy and small business.
Speaker 4: Just listen to this mess.
Speaker 9: Moving forward for people who are living paycheck to paycheck and struggling for groceries and rent and homeowners.
Speaker 10: So, look, I grew up. So my sister and I were raised by our mother. We lived for a long time in an apartment on top.
Speaker 4: Of a childcare center.
Speaker 10: That childcare center was actually owned by a woman who lived two doors down from us, missus Shelton, who was, by all of our accounts and feelings, our second mother.
Speaker 4: She helped raise us.
Speaker 10: And so she was a small business owner. So I'll start with the small business and congratulations. I want you guys, do I, from a child, knew who our small business owners are?
Speaker 3: Right, So she knew from when she was a child what a small business owner was because she knew one. Great, what has that got to do with anything? Maybe there will be an answer to a straightforward question in this next bit.
Speaker 4: Fingers crossed.
Speaker 10: I mean your business leaders, but you're also civic leaders. You take seriously your voice and how you can mentor how you can grow right communities and the sense of communities. I love our small businesses, and so a lot of my work in terms of building and growing the economy has focused on small businesses. And my vision overall is we need to build an opportunity economy in which we increase opportunity for all, including small business owners. So I've been responsible for billions of dollars more now going into our community banks because they're in the community, and then they know who's in the community, and where the town is, and who's doing good in the community, what the community wants.
Speaker 3: Yes, community banks, they're in the community for the community. Yeah, spending billions that sounds a bit like communism. Doesn't sound like she has any idea about small business.
Speaker 4: And here is further proof of that.
Speaker 3: Here is Kamala with Hollywood actress Jessica Alba. Jessica Alba even she looks a little bit confused about this.
Speaker 10: First of all, Latinas small businesses are the fastest growing in the country.
Speaker 4: They are right right, they are.
Speaker 10: But included in that is that we don't lack for people who have ambition and have aspirations and dreams and an idea. That is a great idea and work ethic, but not everybody has access to the Capitol. And I believe strongly that our small businesses are the backbone of America's economy. So when we grow and strength and small businesses, we all benefit.
Speaker 4: Now this is a miracle.
Speaker 3: There's actually a funny skit from Saturday Not Live, Get Ready to Love.
Speaker 10: Listen up, everyone. We couldn't have gotten here without one man, and his name is Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: You don't know here Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Pose. That's right.
Speaker 5: A lot of people forget I'm president, include me. Guess what, By the way, I've been serious right now, come on, guess what. By the way, the fact of the matter is the rich don't day a fair share.
Speaker 4: Now, it doesn't get more wacky than this.
Speaker 3: Here is friend liberboots on Bill Maher's program advocating for President Joe Biden to abolish the Supreme Court. These are the people telling you Republicans are extremists and.
Speaker 4: Trump is a threat to democracy.
Speaker 11: It's not even a court. It's only a court in the sense that the Court of the sixteenth.
Speaker 6: Was a court.
Speaker 11: You know, I mean, basically, it's a harem. Okay, it's a harem. It's Trump's harem. So I always feel sorry for the three real judges on the court. What Biden should do?
Speaker 4: Nothing that you asked. But when they passed that.
Speaker 11: Law, the spremem Court passed that ruling, you know where they said, you're not the president, you're the king, which is what that ruling is.
Speaker 4: You can do whatever you want.
Speaker 11: You can never be held responsible. Biden should dissolve the Supreme Court, dissolve the subren.
Speaker 1: I'm the president, I'm the king now, like you said, and go home.
Speaker 3: Even Bill Mama was looking at her like she was a complete whacker doode. All these are mainstream figures in the Left, They're not fringe figures, and they are well they're left is losing it now to Hurricane Helene, which has caused widespread destruction across a number of US states. But President Joe Biden, well he's still president. He remained at his Delaware holiday home until earlier today, and it was none too please when asked about why he wasn't monitoring this catastrophic event from the White House, like you know, you'd expect the president to be doing time to.
Speaker 12: Retaliate and the hurricane is from President Why weren't she and Vice President Harris.
Speaker 2: Jar in Washington commanding this.
Speaker 4: I was community. I was on the file for at least two hours yesterday in the day before as well.
Speaker 2: A command is called telephone. It's an all most security view. It's a nine import president populacy.
Speaker 4: Now, plenty more lefties content with my next gas And.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've already seen Joe Biden lounging at the beaches. States are devastated in the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, which has caused widespread destruction in Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, as well as Tennessee and Alabama. Over one hundred dead, many more still missing. President Trump has been on the ground. He's been speaking with those involved in rescue efforts.
Speaker 13: And they said they've never seen one despad. Valdasa has been ravaged. The town is very, very badly hurting, and many thousands are without power.
Speaker 2: They're running low on.
Speaker 13: Food and fuips will endure. We will rebuild Valdasa and every other town that has been so badly hit and will merge stronger, more united, and more prosperous than ever before. You're going to be stronger, better, You're going to learn a lot from it, and again we pray to God for those that have been so badly injured, and for in particular for the people that are no longer with us.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is senior editor at Large at newswek Josh Hamma Josh. The response of the President and the Vice President must be said, is being a substandard.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that might qualify as the understatement of the century. Substandard. I mean, I mean Kamala Harris, I suppose, was bothered on social media to stage this photo op where she was trying to bamboozle the masses here into thinking that she was actually doing something. But in this photo of some various stute people on x pointed out she has those iPhone earbuds that plug into your phone, but her phone is on the desk and she's pretending to be on a phone call.
Speaker 4: It's not even plugged in.
Speaker 9: It's not even plugged in. There's and there's a piece of paper in front of her as if she's taking notes from the FEMA director. It's a blank piece of paper. I mean, you know, if you're gonna fake it and try to make it look like you're making it, you know, you know at least, don't don't just do it this poorly. I I mean, try to try to make it look like you're at least attempting to cover your tracks, for God's sake. Meanwhile, Joe Biden, who has never been more clearly out to launch, is confusing a labor strike with the Israeli strike. On the who Thi's they asked him for what he thought about the Israeli Operation Yemen. He said, he supports collective bargaining, as if it's a labor dispute with the United Auto Workers in a picket line. I mean, I mean, this is just catastrophic and competent. This is very much this administration's version of what happened to Hurricane Katrina under George W. Bush is actually much worse in terms of the incompetence. But back then, Kanye West infamously said that George W. Bush hates black people, which was a racist smear back then and is a smear today. But this very DEI so called equity obsessed administration. On the FEMA website today, I took a look earlier and I noted that they have diversity listed as their number one goal for the agency or agency for federal disasters. You know, this equity obsessed administration is currently leaving behind overwhelmingly disroportionately working class and poor white people in Apple in North Carolina. It is a horrific, horrific look this close to an election, and.
Speaker 3: I've seen just some absolutely appalling commentary online on social media from people that are almost celebrating this because it's hitting Republican heavy areas. I mean, that sort of ugliness, callousness is just so depressing to see in America, but it certainly does exist. Now, moving on, Josh, We've also seen some interesting polling numbers regarding the Hispanic vote in America. Listen to this breakdown of the data from NBC Steve Konaki.
Speaker 14: We ask a basic question of Hispanic voters, which party do you more identify with Thirty seven percent now say Republicans, forty nine percent say Democrats.
Speaker 4: But again, look at.
Speaker 14: How this has shifted in just the last dozen years. In twenty twelve, this was a forty one point advantage for the Democrats. It has come all the way down to twelve points, Kristen, a twenty nine point drop in terms of that gap there on which party Hispanics identify with in just twelve.
Speaker 3: Years, and Josh, I wouldn't be surprised if those figures are actually even close closer on election day. What do you think has been behind this trend. It's a fairly dramatic realignment in just twelve years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, it's interesting. It's actually not just Hispanic votes. It very much does include Hispanic voters, but young black men in particular are breaking for Republicans this cycle like never before. Donald Trump could probably get up the twenty five percent of the young blackmail vote, you know, even just younger Americans, the eighteen to thirty five demographic, you include millennials and gen z and there. You know, it's looking clearly to be a single digit margin. A few months ago, when it was actually well within the margin of Arrea, I wouldn't surprise me if it ended up there. You know, the Hispanic vote has been shifting very slowly, but very steadily towards the right for a very long time now. Hispanic people in America are disproportionately Catholic. You have some evangelicals, you know, they're good common sense individuals who don't like being pandered to, and the Democratic Party when it comes to Hispanic voters, they try to pander them by just encouraging more illegal immigration. There are a lot of problems with that. One, it's deeply infantilizing and belittling to assume that just because you happen to share a native language, among other things, with someone, that you support people entering the country illegally. Second, probably even more to the point, a lot of the communities where Hispanic Americans hit are the hardest hit by the illegal alien invasion and all the crime and the drugs, and the drug and the human trafficking, the sex trafficking. So it's a totally toxic stew right now. You know, it's interesting if Donald Trump wins this election, which I actually do predict that he's going to do, he's going to do so with essentially a multi ethnic, working class coalition the likes of which the Republican Party has really never had in modern times. And you know, again, as someone who I hope that he wins, I just hope that he keeps it up.
Speaker 3: Yes, that'll be interesting. You mentioned the black vote fracturing, particularly amongst young black men. That's going to be fascinating to see because the black demographic has voted ninety percent plus for Democrats for so many years, so to fracture that is.
Speaker 4: Quite an achievement.
Speaker 3: Now, I want to get your comments on high profile American author and social commentator fran Libovitz.
Speaker 4: She's a darling of the left.
Speaker 3: She's embarrassed herself again with these remarks on Bill marsh Shaw Show. The sad thing is, Josh, that many on the left agree with her about her calls to have Joe Biden abolish the Supreme Court.
Speaker 4: What biden'sh You do not think, you asked.
Speaker 11: But when they passed that law, themport passed that ruling, you know where they said, you're not the president, you're the king, which is what that ruling is. You can do whatever you want. You can never be held responsible, Biden. She diserves the Supreme Court dissolved.
Speaker 3: It's incredible, Josh, that they say Donald Trump is the threat to democracy, threat to norms, threats to the republic, and the left of mainstream this sort of natty Ritrick.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I'm running out of how many norms or so called norms to count that people on the left these days just continue to tear down I mean, out of one end of the mouth, they are clamoring that Donald Trump is a world historical threat to American democracy. On the other end, they are openly calling for the abolition of one of our three branches of governments established an Article three of the Constitution, the judicial branch.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 9: Otherwise, they have been trying to literally take Donald Trump off of the ballot. That was a case out of Colorado. It was the Trump versus Anderson case at the US Supreme Court. I can personally probably think of no more quick essentially undemocratic acts. If the word democracy means anything, means the ability of the demost the people to actually vote for office, it doesn't get much more undemocratic than denying your opponent's actual ballot access. How about the fact that the Biden Harris Merrick Girland administration is literally trying to bankrupt and incarcerate, yes, actually incarcrate the opposition. So called special counsel Jack Smith, who was a Democrat lawfair complex hitman Jack Smith just filed a one hundred and eighty page brief in their delusional January sixth case in Washington, d C. That was his past Thursday. A day later, on Friday, he filed emotion to actually make public most of that brief Rita, there is one reason and one reason only why Jack Smith wants to make public in October, just before an election, all of the various details about January sixth. That is election interference if I have ever seen it. By the way, goes right against the Department of Justice's own internal manual, which explicitly says you can't do that, but they're doing it anyway, and God willing, the voters of America will make them pay a price for it.
Speaker 3: The law fair to may has been third world banana republic despot nation behavior to as you said, essentially try to bankrupt and jail your leading political opponent. And we know these cases are trumped up. Excuse the pun. They've created laws to just get one person. Now, I want to ask you about abortion. It's an issue that gets plenty of coverage, including in Australia, about what's happening in the US, and the debate is just littered with fake news, deliberate lies, and I'm thinking these lies are very dangerous, Josh. There's a recent one claiming that a woman died due to abortion bands in Georgia, when the death was due to complications after the abortion pill was taken, and there's doctors in Georgia speaking out about these false claims. And I want to play you a clip here of Senator James Langford. He tried to get some clarity on this issue from Texas assistant former Texas assistant and solicit a general, Heather Hacker to just clarify what is actual fact and what is sca ungering.
Speaker 12: Miss Hackler, just to clarify on this. Are there any states where women face prosecution for having an abortion?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: Are there any states that criminalize miscarriage?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: Are they care for a miscarriage?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 12: Are there any states that criminalize removing an ectopic pregnancy?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: Are there any states that prohibit life saving care for the mother?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: Are there any states where women have to be actively dying for a doctor to be able to act for her care.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 12: There's been a lot of rhetoric in this that I'm concerned pushes people away from getting access to healthcare.
Speaker 3: Josh Kamala Harris has made claims of women being arrested for having a miscarriage. She claimed a woman died due to the is and let me quote her word for word here. She said women are being denied care during miscarriages, some only being treated once they developed sepsis. And we know that women have died because of Trump abortion bands. This is not just disinformation, Josh, it's dangerous. If women think they're going to get arrested for having a miscarriage, they may not seek medical care and that could have catastrophic consequences.
Speaker 9: Well, that's actually literally what happened in Georgia. I mean exactly what you just said is what happened. So there's women in Georgia. She took an abortion pill. And by the way, the Democrats are singularly responsible for liberalizing the abortion pill. You can get it via telemedicine. Now the mail to you in the postal service, you know, no doctor supervision necessary or anything like that. You know there and the advertiser as if the abortion pill mifipristone usually the advertise as if it's just as safe as popping a taylenol or an advil. Unfortunately, we we actually have data on this and that's not in fact the case. So what happened to this woman in Georgia is she developed severe complications, and what you just said is what happened. She chose not to seek care. She didn't go to a hospital or the er or anything because she thought that she couldn't be helped, because she believed the left wing media lies that in a situation like that, then you cannot get anything, anything, literally anything to say that the life mother. Look, you know read, I've been a pro life activist for most of my adult life. I founded the Law Students for Life chapter at the University of Chicago Law School. I've spoken in pro life conferences for years. I have never met a single pro lifer of any ethical, religious, moral persuasion or anything whoever, ever, Ever, in a situation where an unborn child's mother, a mother's life is actually on the line, of course, you do whatever necessary has to be done. These are lies, These are grotesque lies. There are lies designed to gin up their base, to fear monger, and to scare people into voting for them. But it's totally totally disingenuous. By the way, she also openly lied at the presidential debate as well, when you said the dal Trump supports a national abortion band, much to the chagrin of art and ProLife for such as myself, he does not. That's actually not his stance. I kind of wish that it was, but I understand politically why it's not. But he's very clear that it's back to the states, and they're lying on that front as well as you did.
Speaker 3: Well, Yeah, the Supreme Court giving the power back to the states. It's precisely the situation here in Australia. The states make laws in relation to abortion, and I know in the US you've got states that are limit abortion, and then you've got states that have got abortion right up to the end of the third trimester pretty much with no term limits on when an abortion can be carried out. So that's again, that sort of nuance is not being reported on, certainly here in Australia, because I get so many questions from people about what's happening with abortion in America, and so much of it is misinformation, just blatant misinformation.
Speaker 4: Josh Hammer, thank you so much for your time, this evening always a pleasure. Thank you still to come.
Speaker 3: Freyer Leech on Peter Ducan's push to deport or jail those who weighed terrorist flags at protests.
Speaker 4: You're watching the reader panning here show.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is freyer Leish, director of the Center for Youth Policy, at the Menzies Research Center. Freyer Opposition leader Peter Dutton has demanded that the Albanesi government push for the prosecution of protesters under recently introduced anti terror laws, which banned the display of terror symbols.
Speaker 4: Is called for the laws.
Speaker 3: To be used to cancel visas, with Home Affairs Minster Tony Burke asking state authorities to check the visa status of pro hasbular protesters.
Speaker 4: What's your reaction been to the way authorities have handled this so far.
Speaker 15: I'm so glad Tony Burke is actually finally taking a stand against these people. All we've seen from labor really since October seven and since those first terrible protests where people took over the Opera house and we're chanting gas the Jews wears the Jews, whatever it was. But since then it has been weakness after weakness. We have seen really no decisive action. I don't think we've seen any visas canceled. Have we seen anyone actually prosecuted? I don't know. I don't think so. And so we need a government that actually stands up and says anti Semitism is not okay, Spreading hatred and fear is not okay. And if you openly celebrate and display the flags of terrorist organizations, you should, according to our own law here in Australia, be prosecuted because that is a crime.
Speaker 3: Well, why didn't we see arrests on the weekend? We had people marching that were waving, like you said, the symbols of a terror group, and police were observing that. There really didn't seem to be any effort to do anything about it beyond observing what was happening. Do you think they're more concerned with maintaining the peace and not aggravating these protesters ultimately?
Speaker 15: And I don't know this, but I have had a few off the record conversations with policemen in New South Wales and Victoria, and I think two things are happening here. One is they're getting directions from the top, so the police are acting on whatever the police minister says at a state level. In Victoria, you've got a Victoria and New South Wales two labor police ministers who have been resoundingly weak on cracking down on anti Semitic protests. And so really, if they're not getting the orders to take action, well what are they going to do? They're just responding to their commands which come from the top, and so really the responsibility for taking action lives with our governments at a state and federal level. But the second thing that's happening as well is I actually think the police are scared of these protesters. I've had policemen say to me off the record, they are genuinely terrified of these crowds. If you look at who's attending these protests, they are thugs. They cover their face, many of them could be carrying weapons. We don't know the kind of people who are waving Hesbala flags and eulogizing Nazraala, a notorious terrorist who's been determined to kill Jews for the last thirty years. Those are not the kind of people that are going to peacefully abide by police instruction. So I think they are being given directions to essentially take the approach of appeasement from the top, and then they are genuinely scared of these thugs that have taken over our streets.
Speaker 4: Well, it is it's mob rule of the moment.
Speaker 3: The ones who are most likely to escalate and become violent are the ones who are being appeased. I'm wondering what's going to be happening on university campuses. Do you expect to see hostility towards Israel and Jewish students to intensify further with Israel launching these limited raids on targets.
Speaker 4: In Lebanon, definitely.
Speaker 15: The day after the page your attack, they called a snap rally in support of Hasbla, seemingly, and they even had a little graphic on their posters advertising this rally, which is a photo of the pager and it said not a target. I mean, that is just insane mental gymnastics. Come on, you accidentally happen to have a pager that allowed you to communicate with the senior ranks of Hasbela.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, sure, sure, you're not.
Speaker 15: Involved in any terrorist activity whatsoever. It is completely absurd. But that is just the state of the left on our university campuses. They have gotten into this insane mind warp where they can, on the one hand, supposedly support women's rights, supposedly support LGBT rights, but then on the other hand they're going to protests where they are eulogizing Nazraala, the hes Bala leader. They're supporting Iran's proxies hes bla hamasahutis against the only liberal democracy in the Middle East. It is a profound distortion of reality and the mental gymnastics that must be going on in their minds right now, it's insane.
Speaker 3: Well, the mental gymnastics remain fascinating. And it's not just in Australia. It's not just on university campuses. Most of these leftists who are protesting pro trans rights, their LGBTQ activist that would describe themselves as feminists, and yet they stand with regimes and groups who are vehemently anti women, vehementally anti homosexual, who punish people for being gay, and they somehow can reconcile that in their mind and go on with their activism.
Speaker 4: It really is just bizarre.
Speaker 3: But you are one of the few on university, on university campus who calls out this insanity, and I applaud.
Speaker 4: You for it.
Speaker 3: Freyer, You're very brave to be doing what you're doing. Thank you so much for your time this evening, really.
Speaker 15: Doul Thank you, Rita.
Speaker 3: Just before we go a correction during a discussion on the program on September twenty sixth about a Kamala Harris campaign video, the people who feature in the video were described as actors with the history of donating to the Democrats. In light of additional information which we've been made aware of, we're happy to point out that the people involved are not actors and not appear to be Democrat donors.
Speaker 4: That's it from me. Up next is Newsnight h