Speaker 1: Hey, beauties, it's Jamie Joe and Jesse Massus and welcome to Influence, a podcast dedicated to beauty, fashion and self love, turning your weakness into uniqueness. Before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record, the Gadigal people of the Eur Nation. So a couple of episodes ago we were.
Speaker 2: Talking about trends and how they are constantly coming in and out, But today we really want to focus on self love and knowing that your body is not interchangeable and you don't need to keep up with trends all the time. So over the past decade, I think a group of people that have had a massive impact on the trends have been the Kardashians.
Speaker 3: Come on, we all know it.
Speaker 2: We've grown up with seeing the Kardashians in the media for a really, really long time now, and they are always at the head of the trends. They were always guiding people, and people really really do idolize and look up to them.
Speaker 1: And I think a major part that we want to talk about today is filler and their sort of role in this filler journey that our society has had over the past ten years.
Speaker 2: I think philer in general has had like a really big impact on the beauty community and just on this whole generation in general, especially that like King Kylie lip filler error. We really grew up with this in the twenty tens, and it was a massive part of beauty and people who are invested in themselves, people who love to look good, and people who are really intertwined into like pop culture and media have been so influenced by this really really big trend of like that King Kylie, Kim Kardashian filler erar Me and Jesse.
Speaker 3: We don't really have like juicy juice lip.
Speaker 1: We don't have like the fullest lips, yes, but there are ways that we do try to enhance them without the filler exactly.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say they are a deep insecurity of ours at all right now, But a few years ago, when I was deep into you know, these celebrity influences and especially the YouTube era where every big beauty guru had full lips, I mean I definitely felt a little bit of pressure or like a desire to want to get filler when I grew up and when I was older. But now because of that narrative of self love. I don't really feel it to be like a driving desire for me at all.
Speaker 1: So obviously we're not trying to say that we don't think you should get it. All the people that do have feler that it's any sort of thing wrong yea. But what we do want to share on this podcast is that if you're feeling like you have to do it because this is what is seen as normal, and that it's almost the expectation is this full lips, and you don't feel like you have that, then I think you don't have to do it to fit those trends and expectations of society. You can learn to love and adapt with what you have already.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying that just walk out with a bare lip.
Speaker 2: No, there are ways to kind of enhance that insecurity at.
Speaker 1: Home without making a more permanent change. Or if you're not comfortable with like putting the chemical in your body or the effects it may have on you, then there are other ways of doing that. Let's get into how we actually achieve a fuller lip look without the lip Feller Jesse, this is like your favorite genre of beauty, Yeah, but I think you've sort of nailed the lip liner Compared to me, I love the lip oil, the lip care, like feeling like my lips are buttery and smooth. Yeah, Whereas I think you've honestly nailed that this is how I achieve a fuller lip.
Speaker 2: Look. Okay, that's true, but that means we've just got both two different like things to share in terms of how to get that juicy lip.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I really love the way that fresh lip filler looks. I'm not gonna lie the smooth Yeah, your lips look full, they look smooth, and they look.
Speaker 3: Very like pink. Yeah. And I think you.
Speaker 2: Kind of always have just been like kissing, like we're just so flushed and beautiful funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's like those two different sides of this look. You've got like a very effortless, juicy, plump lip as you're saying that doesn't need lipliner, and then you've got more of a done look with yipliner.
Speaker 3: That's laugh fine.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna last through out the day without having to reapply as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So in terms of our favorite products, me personally, as Jesse said, I rely on lipliner, and that's because my lips don't have a lot of natural pigmentation at all, like they honestly just blend. And because we do both have olive skin, we don't have a lot of fluctuation in terms of color on our face in general. So that's something I'm always trying to add for a little bit more youthfulness.
Speaker 1: Even like blush. Even our cheeks, they're not like naturally roasty exactly.
Speaker 3: We're very like one dimensional in terms of tone.
Speaker 2: So with the lips, I love to create a lip liner, yeah, defined contoured lip and I've got one go to Lipliner and I have purchased literally over ten of these lipliners and it is the rare beauty lipliner in the shade.
Speaker 1: Wise, I can vouch for this there she has actually bought ten.
Speaker 3: She's not overshooting. That's probably the number.
Speaker 2: I no, like, it really is, and I think I've got like three on rotation at the moment. So this is thirty dollars and you can get it from any mecha, which I love.
Speaker 3: I love red beauty as you guys know.
Speaker 2: But this particular shade on our skin tone, so we've got medium ten olive skin.
Speaker 3: It is perfect. It is not too pink.
Speaker 2: It is not too brown, but it just really helps to distinguish and just contour the lip.
Speaker 3: I like to overline my lips.
Speaker 2: Just for that little juicy effect, and that's definitely something that I learned from Miss Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 3: So I like to.
Speaker 2: Kind of smooth out my cupid's bow. As I was saying again in a previous episode, I love smoothing it out just for a more plump, dole like effect to the lips. And I try not to bring the lip liner too far to the sides because.
Speaker 3: I'm learning this one from you exactly. That can really elongate your lips. So if you're focused.
Speaker 2: More on going up and down, yeah, it gives you more of a full, powdery like, youthful doll like effect with the lips. So this lip liner really lasts so well. And I don't like to color my lip in at all with a lip liner. I just like to do a nice outline and do around two layers just so I have some longevity.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then if you want a cheaper alternative that I like to use, it's the Mecha Max lipliners and they're from Mecca obviously, and they're sixteen dollars Yeah, they've got some really great shade, big shade range, big shade range, and the longevity is honestly just as good as Rare Beauty, so they're a great option with this. It is more of a pencil that you actually need to sharpen and Rare Beauty s liipliner is a signed up so it's a little bit easier to use on the go because have you ever been on the go with a blunt lipliner.
Speaker 3: And no sharpener.
Speaker 1: It feels like you're actually just scraping wood against your lip and it doesn't Yeah, rather than getting a pigment from the lip shade, you're just getting pigment because you're making a lipsplease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so true, because you're like actually hurting yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I Tom it hate being on the go with a blunt lip liner because you don't get that crisp look that you're kind of needing. And especially if you're like me and Jesse without very defined edges of our lips, I'm gonna need.
Speaker 3: To create that.
Speaker 2: So try and keep a sharpened lip pencil on you at all times. I cannot leave the house with that lipliner.
Speaker 3: Do you have a sharpener in your car, Jay, No, but that's why I use a twist.
Speaker 1: Oh she's fancy.
Speaker 2: So that is the first step in helping to create more of a full look. Now, in terms of what we like to use on the inside of our lips, I'm gonna throw that over to you, Jess, because you love this.
Speaker 1: I do. I love the juicy, juicifying lip products. So Jamie likes to do the outline in the liner and then on the inside we'll put like a nice gloss and just really make sure to keep it in the center of the lip and not smudge it too much with the outer definition of the liner. And my favorite lip gloss plumper items.
Speaker 3: I've got two.
Speaker 1: The first is a more expensive product, but I honestly think these are so worth it. They're my favorite lip gloss. They don't formula kicky, they feel really nice on the lip. Their buttery, They're not like, yeah, you know what I means. So this is the do your addict lip Maximize a plumping gloss in Shimmer Strawberry or zero zero one Pink for sixty four dollars at Sephora.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it is a little bit more expensive, but as we've said before, do your products feel luster, and they feel so beautiful and you feel just bougie when you own them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and who doesn't want to feel little bit bougie sometimes exactly.
Speaker 2: And also if you're going to compare that to getting lip filler's obviously a lot more expensive, so kind of it kind of balances itself out right, That's what I'm going to tell myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, you tell that, and I'll just use your deal products and then for a cheaper alternative that's actually in my affordability bracket is the Lift Plumping gloss in the Shade Blush Blaze. And this is seventeen dollars from Mabeling and its available at Chemist Warehouse and at and at Priceline. I think it's out like woolies, yeah, anywhere that you can find Mabeling.
Speaker 3: It's such a good glossy an affordable price.
Speaker 1: The formula is a lot smoother, I'd say, so it kind of is a more slidy formula, but it does look really beautiful on the lips, and it fills out those.
Speaker 2: Like little cracks that we've got in our lips.
Speaker 1: It does, I mean, Jimmy got like the lines in our lips rather than when you you know when people get filler and they're nice and smooth. This kind of gives the effect of the smooth exactly.
Speaker 3: And then they've also got the heat.
Speaker 1: Versions and these are actually a plumping They have spicy like with literal chili in it actually to make your lips go.
Speaker 2: And it does work work because it does like give your lips like a little bit of that allergic reaction where it's.
Speaker 3: Like literally spicy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it looks pretty sexy. This is our favorite way to achieve that lip plump look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think both are such really really great products. Just depends what price bracket you're in. But do your have beautiful shades? And they've got a little bit more of a range in terms of the colors that you can get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: They've got like i'd say, with ma it can be hard to find the deeper cherry like rich shades.
Speaker 3: They've got more of the news. They're like traditional papers.
Speaker 2: Yeah with door, you've got coral, you've got.
Speaker 3: A brown, you've got this.
Speaker 1: And the shades are delicious. Yeah, they like and in the packaging they just look yummy.
Speaker 3: It looks so good, it looks beautiful.
Speaker 2: So those are some really great ways to help you achieve that plump lip filler effects. So you've got the lip liner and then you've got a juicy product in the center of the lips.
Speaker 3: I love the way this looks on my lips.
Speaker 2: And these are my go to products, as in, I really want to cry if I leave the house and I don't have them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jamie's handbag is actually just full of lip products and that's it, Like there's nothing else in there.
Speaker 3: It is full of about four to five lip products at a time.
Speaker 1: But there has to be ever girl's bag. You always have to be lip ready. You have to be lip ready.
Speaker 2: And I think that when I was growing up, I never used like good lipsticks.
Speaker 3: I had a rough time.
Speaker 1: Actually, Jamie have some funny stories. Jamie used to wear the really wrong colors, like the worst color lipsticks possible for my complexion. So she went to year ten formal and this pink dress with like a bit of green on it and then like a little bit of brighter pinks. And she went with that formal dress to Priceline and made sure to shade match her lipstick exactly to the brightest shade of pink on that dress. A futia on her lips and against her purple blush on her face and blue eyes. Oh my god, I looked clown like yeah, and it was like one of those super stay matte lipsticks that you can't rub off.
Speaker 2: Oh see, you guys are so lucky horror stories.
Speaker 3: We're here to tell.
Speaker 2: You that because that looked absolutely horrible and I didn't have a big sister to say, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Just a little one going.
Speaker 2: Jess's like laughing in the corner and I'm like, no, Dad, it looks good.
Speaker 3: I promise it does. It absolutely does not. So in terms of lips, there's so many ways to kind of achieve that.
Speaker 2: Look, if you are a little bit insecure about the size of your lips, just know that they're probably actually in harmony with your face and this can really help you to just enhnce that little.
Speaker 3: Bit of that insecurity of yours. So you do feel confident leave in house.
Speaker 1: Yah, So tune into our next episode. We love being your big sisters and helping you to not make the mistakes that we would have made, and also helping you to love your self and love the skin that you're in.
Speaker 2: Exactly your body is not interchangeable. So that wraps up today's episode. Thank you so much for joining us on Skinfluence.
Speaker 1: If you are interested in any of the products mentioned in today's episode, there are links available in episode description on your podcast app. If you love what you hear, leave us a rating and to review.
Speaker 2: And if you have any questions I want us to cover anything on the party, please reach out via our socials.
Speaker 3: Mine is at Jamie Joe.
Speaker 1: And mine is at jasimasud or send us an email at skinfluence at nervopodcast dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: See you guys, we love you.
Speaker 1: Buy