Speaker 1: I'll get a team. Welcome to another in Storming You project. I don't know why I fucked up the intro that I did thirteen seconds ago, having done this seventy two million times, but I managed to do it. So then I rebooted, and I'm not sure that this one is any better than the fucking first one. Anyway, this is the one you're getting, Hi, tiv.
Speaker 2: I love this one.
Speaker 1: I'm having a great time. Good morning. I'm drinking a cup of tea. It's very muggy. It's very muggy, twenty two or three degrees in the thriving And now I sound like I'm Jane Bunn. Jane Bunn is a weather presenter and meteorologist. I think more respectfully, more than just a lady who presents the weather. So I've got a little bit. I'm channeling Jane Bunn at the moment. But it is eleven thirty five in Melbourne Sunday morning. What are you laughing at? Is there a double on tundra to that that I'm not. I didn't mean anything. I'm just saying and it's fucking muggy outside. It's muggy, really hot, but not Yeah, yesterday was ridiculous, did I tell you. I don't know if I told you this. We're going to talk about turning an idea into a reality today. That's the theme of our show. But speaking of that, I realized that I have been walking less lately, but just because I've been busy, so I've been unintentionally sitting at my computer more. And I looked up and I generally I'm a kind of a seven to ten thousand steps a day, which is not a lot. But I looked at my last week or so on my phone. Admittedly my phone doesn't go everywhere but most places with me, and one day I did like three and a half thousand steps or something. I'm like, what, am I a fucking plant? Am I a yaka? Am I a daffodil? And so I said to myself self, this the next seven days rock bottom, ten thousand, rock bottom. You've got to do more. But so I've been doing every day. I think I told you this, But for the listeners, I've been doing every day, you know, at least ten, most days around twelve or thirty, and yesterday I did nearly sixteen. And it's funny, like just walking, which is hardly you know, strenuous. I guess, depending on where you're at, some people might be harder than others, of course, But so funny, like the last I've kind of pretty much doubled my walking over the last six days. And I'm hungrier. And you know how I'm I'm famously I only eat breakfast and lunch. I mean two o'clock, I could eat a chocolate coated turd. I'm so fucking hungry. I'm like, oh my god, this is who invented walking. This is a big energy burner. So that's disgusting, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Chocolate? And you put that in my head now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next time you pick up some chocolate, especially if you go and by yourself a Chakeeto or a Mars bar, you'll have that little visual You're welcome. So I've been breaking my own rule. I have been eating lunch, but I've been having a handful of nuts or a little kind of protein drinking poo. But anyway, but it's but apart from that another unexpected benefit. I didn't expect any benefit other than just moving my body a bit more. And you know, just the benefits come of the physiological benefits. But I feel better, like it's hard to, you know, because when you're rating yourself, you've only got you to rate you against you, you know. So it's but as objective as I can be, which is not very because I am me assessing me. But I feel a bit happier and I feel a bit cognitively sharper. So when I do sit down, like what I've found myself doing the last most of the last week is I'll do one longish walk like five k's, but then I'll get up from my desk and go and walk a k, come back, do some shit, go walk another k. People in my area must think I'm a fucking weirdo because they just see this. Yeah, who's that old fucker just walking laps in front of my house five times a day? So I need to consciously choose a different route so I don't I don't scare people. And I the other day I walked, so I just wanted to. I had literally ten minutes before a meeting or twelve minutes, and I went right, I'm going to do a ten minute walk just to get in a thousand steps. So I walked out the side, walked out the side of my house, I walked up the side street, because I live on a corner. I walked, you know, like five hundred meters one way, and then this lady came out of a driveway just as I walked past where I was about to turn around and just come back. So I just walked one direction, turn around, come back, That's what I was doing this time. And then so then I literally turned around and it looked like I was following her. So I had to walk over the other side of the street because I was walking one direction. She came out started walking down the street, and then I essentially turned around and followed her, but not really, but that's what it would have felt like for her. And I'm like, ah, so, you know, like that's one of the and I understand it. I understand palf of women.
Speaker 2: Thanks for thanks for crossing the street.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I have a lot of awareness around that, and I often get conflicted because like the other day, I was coming back, I did a big walk and I was walking down Hampton Street and there were these two little girls out in the front of a restaurant. Their parents must have been in the restaurant. I guess one was on a scooter, one was on a bike, and the one that was on the bike was trying to ride it, but the side stand was clunked down in position so she couldn't ride it, and she was trying to get the side stand of the bike up, but she didn't wanted to turn your microphone off. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: My dog's barking quite brightly something, So.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I thought maybe you were farting. But that's okay, dog fart either. Good. It's funny because sometimes when you're chatting folks, tif turns a microphone off like it is right now, and you feel like, you know, when you feel like you're talking to someone but they're not looking at you. That's what I thought. I just stopped mid conversations sometimes. Sorry, so sorry for talking while you're interrupting. Sorry, But anyway, so the little girl couldn't get the side stand of her bike up, but obviously I knew that I could. And then I'm in this dilemma. Do I stop and help the five year old that I don't know and be helpful like my intention genuinely to help her so she could ride a bike. But then these days you're like, fuck, what does that look like? I'm actually scared to just do a nice thing, you know, And so anyway, it was in the middle of there was people everywhere, and so I just I said, do you want a hand? And she's kind of smiled and nodded, and I just clunked it up and took off and she's like thank you. I'm like, you're welcome. But as quickly as I could do it and then get out of there, I did it. And I was walking away and I felt a little bit sad that you can't if you're and I understand it, I get it, but if you're if you are the bloke who's just trying to help someone, and then you feel awkward or guilty or like worried. Here I am doing a good thing. Do I need to worry? Do I need to worry that I'm doing a good thing? About what this good thing looks like? Not what's actually going on, but what people think. So, yeah, that's that's something that now for me is it's not an issue, but it's an awareness that I didn't used to have, like I just do a nice thing, like if it was a you know, it's like I saw a bloke the other day or not the other day a few weeks ago who was struggling to get some shit in the back of his station wagon, and I just stopped and helped him. Like he was just by himself with this big box of shit. But with that guy, I'm like, no worries, it's a dude. I'm a dude. He's a dude. We're just putting shit in the back of a station wagon, you know. But if that was a lady, I would have had to go, oh, like I want to help, But what does that come across?
Speaker 2: Like he'd probably just knocked off a jewelry store, and you've just become an accomplice it helping him get rid of the goods.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, why are we loading all of these computers and this jewelry? And what about this big plasma screen? And why are you wearing a balaclava? Brian? Are you sure your name's Brian? Yeah, Well, now that you mention it, I'll hang on. I think that's the cops all right anyway, So no one needs to know that. But that's just what goes through my head. But yes, I'm walking more. I'm out helping people in suburbia doing God's work, you know. Today Robin Hood, I can just doing what I can and then overthinking my actions as is my way, as is my way.
Speaker 2: It is interesting, though, like it's great that because I was going to say, do you feel better from being active and walking?
Speaker 1: And yeah, well I normally walk, but I realized I don't walk as much as I think, Like I consciously go for a walk every day, but when I'm not actually going. You know, when I go to the gym, I driver. I don't drive, a ride a motorbike, and so I don't. I don't incidentally walk much because I spend so much time doing what I do, so incidental walking is probably two thousand steps a day. Yeah, you know. So then even to get to eight thousand, I've got to actually go for a walk, which is cool. But then when I've pretty much doubled it, some days tripled it, like yesterday was a lot. Yeah, I really I feel hungrier. I feel I feel yeah, I feel better. I know that it's a weird, but there is a big correlation between longevity and you know what there's if anyone wants to know. Of course, there's a correlation between longevity and hell span. In other words, how long you live, but how well you live for those years. But another interesting variable. And we've spoken about grip strength and quite a few other things, but is stride length and walking speed. So the bigger that you step or the bigger you stride length. Now remember that's in relation to your height. So we don't expect someone who's six ' five to have this stride length as someone like TIF who's four eight. What are you five to five? Okay, now you're not six short. You're kind of normal, regular average average, so walking speed. And so what I've been doing is I try to do one of my walks. Most of my walks I'm just listening to shit or making phone calls or or you know, seeking the Lord m or you know, divine direction or people like he bullshitting or is that real? Or I'm consciously going right this walk I'm going to walk at I put up a thing the other day too, like called the one point five protocol. Did you read that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Probably didn't. So here's an interesting thing. Now, whatever you're walking speed, if you one point five that in other words, if you walk fifty percent quicker, you increase your energy expenditure walking for the same amount of time by nearly seventy five percent, which is really interesting. Because it's not a linear kind of it doesn't parallel like the quicker that you walk. Obviously, the more strength required, the more energy required. But and so you can do the same thing for the same amount of time. Obviously you're going to cover more time, more ground if you walk in quicker. But yeah, I like that. So I do one walk where I'm walking at my guestimate is about one point three or one point five of my normal walking speed. So let's say I walk at five when I'm just strolling around suburbia. It's probably somewhere in the vicinity of seven. But I get back and I'm almost out of breath because you're kind of walking, almost at that point where you need to break into a jog. And did you know this. While I'm just boring everyone with fucking the science of walking, everyone's.
Speaker 2: Just fascinating getting up and walking around their house.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, yeah, No, everyone's punching himself in the face and hitting that fifteen second fast forward thing if not turning off. But here's something else that's interesting. When you let's say the fastest you can walk is say seven point five right case kph, and after that you've got to run. Well, it actually it takes more energy to walk at seven point five than run at eight. Wow, because it's less efficient biomechanically and energetically. So it's funny because with that, in that particular unique instance, walking at seven point five kilometers an hour, where this is as fast as you can humanly walk, and now then you break into a jog where you feel like a slow jog is actually easier than a very fast walk.
Speaker 2: What about incline walking? I've been I did incline walking on the treaty this morning. I always bang that up on a high incline and that is hard.
Speaker 1: That's well, that is I mean, here's the beauty of all of these things, right when we think about how do we improve anything, like how do we create how do we push our fitness or our strength or a flexibility or any of the fitness measures. Yeah, if you do the same thing at the same speed, that is, if you walk for at five kph for thirty minutes on the flat versus an incline of five, that's a very different. It seems pretty similar, but it's much different. If you walk on an incline of ten, that's that's you know, and obviously you're also putting different muscles under load, you'll feel the muscle down the front of your shin, which is called tibialis anterior that's in constant flexion because your foot is bent up, so it's in dorsy flexion. So when you point your toe like a ballerina, that's called pla reflection. I'm not telling you this tip, I'm telling the audience. And then when you bend your toe or your foot back up towards like your knee, it's called dorsy flexion. And when you are walking on an incline, you're in that dorsy flexed position, which means your tibi ali santeririra, that muscle at the front of your shin is contracted a lot more and so we get really saw through there. But the bottom line is that changing the variable like doing the exact same thing or the exact same activity in a different way. I'm walking, I'm walking flat, I'm walking incline. I'm walking slow, I'm walking fast. I'm walking up a big hill. I'm walking down a big hill. I'm walking on stairs. I'm walking upstairs downstairs, I'm walking on soft sand. That's a motherfucker. I'm walking in the Dandy Knongs like you do when you're bloody making friends with the kidners. I'm walking in the Dandy Knongs and it's an uneven surface and as it's you know, like you walking in the D's at five kilometers an hour. The danniek Noongs are some mountain ranges here in Victoria. Everyone, you walking at five kph in that environment versus along the foreshore at Port Melbourne on a flat path. Your energy expenditure I don't know exactly, of course, because they're too many variables, but I would guess your energy expenditure would be around thirty to fifty percent more doing the same activity in a different environment or the same amount of time. And all of these things are like really nice examples of you know, progression and overload. Where we're just and that's the thing is we are. We've spoken about this before and we did not we did not plan to talk about this. We'll talk about our topic in a minute. But you know the truth is that when it comes to exercise, we are more emotional than we are strategic in that we tend to do the thing that we like. I like this bench press, so I'll use this bench or I like this treadmill in the corner, despite the fact that there are five identical ones, I always use this one or I you know, I love to do this, but I don't love to do I enjoy the bike, but I hate the rower, so I do the bike. It's like, well, I get that, and I'm not saying don't do the bike, but I'm saying, maybe the roller would be good because your body's not conditioned to the rower because you avoid it. So maybe there's some physiological benefit in doing the thing you don't normally do. Maybe you create an adaptive response because one of the things that you want is you want to change your body. But you always sit on the bike and you do the same bike in the same at the same speed for the same amount of time, and then get frustrated because nothing's changed. You know, well, nothing changes because there's no physiological need because you never create a new kind of stimulus. You're just in an exercise groundhog day. So yeah, I don't know how we got here, but that all started with me walking.
Speaker 2: More started from your morning walk. When I in the fight camps, when I get really fit, and I would we warm up with really hard skipping sprints, and I can skip as hard as.
Speaker 1: I can and kind of not hit the red.
Speaker 2: Zone on my heart rate monitor. And when it gets to that point, I would skip moderately but run backwards and forwards at the same time. So just and moderate, like not fast at all. My heart rate would go through the roof because you've got all this new stuff going through your brain trying to figure out the coordination of Oh now I'm not just pushing this thing. I know how to do as hard as I can. I'm going forwards and then backwards and doing that at the same time. It's really fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's chucking in another variable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's like I've got two weight vests at my place, and one of them holds what does it hold? One of them holds. This is in pounds, right, a dinosaur. All right, I don't do it in no, I'll do it in kilos. So one of them holds about twenty kilos, twenty five kilos, but the other one, Tiffany and Cook, holds seventy kilos. What yeah, so that's one hundred me. Yeah, that's one hundred and fifty four pounds. And so I've only put on the seventy kilos about three times. And so my block where I live, if I walk out and just turn left left, left, left, and end up back at my joint and walking with that, it's what it's seventy kilos. So it's like piggybacking you and you're piggybacking at ten and you've got a ten kilo backpack on. Right. Wow, that is and I mean literally it's a nine hundred meters walk. Yeah, it is fucking agony. It's like the first time I did it. And one of the other realities of this particular thing is getting this seventy kilo pack on and off is harder than the actual walking. So what you've got to do is you lay. So there's thirty five kilos front, thirty five kilos pack, So you lay the the the vest on the bench and you lay It's hard to explain, but you need to lay it out length wise on the bench, so the back is higher up on the bench and the front is lower down, and you literally lay on the weights the front part of the vest. You put your head through the vest. Then you need to try and get the weights over your back while doing It's maybe I was going to say I'll do a video. I definitely won't. No one needs to see it. But oh it's a it's a motherfucker, but yeah, it's but even nothing ridiculous like that. But even getting a weight vest where you put on ten kilos, so instead of being Tiff who weighs sixty, now you're Tiff who weighs seventy, and you go for your normal walk, and you try and do your normal walk at your normal pace with your dog and do all the things you normally do, so it's a it's not a crazy weight. But yeah, even just that, let's see, what's ten kilos as a percentage of sixty is it's around fifteen sixteen percent, So that's about sixteen percent of your body weight ten kilos, So that's a sixteen percent increase.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind that one.
Speaker 1: And I would think the energy expenditure would be I'm making this up, but it would be definitely somewhere in the thirty to fifty, maybe twenty to thirty, maybe twenty to thirty. And that's doing in it And that's not hard. I mean it's hard, but you know, so even just and this is the whole idea of progression. If you don't want to run or you don't want to and that's cool. But you know another thing I saw yesterday or not yesterday, the other day. Just quickly before we keep avoiding the topic, we're talking about how long have we been talking? By the way, actually minutes, well have we it's the world's longest intro. So this lady was on what was she on? What was she on? She was on Huberman and she was talking. She's an exercise scientist, this lady and research of PhD. Straight up smarty pants. Probably I don't know, I might be being rude when I say she looks. I think she's around my age, so I would guess anywhere kind of fifty five plus. It could be wrong, but anyway, she was talking about what the her three things that people should do who are older, absolute non negotiables. So one obviously is heavy strength training, and by heavy we mean relative to the individual, of course, so some people five kilos heavy, for some people twenty kilos is light. So we're talking about relative to the individual with good form who's already built up a base. But eventually when that person gets to just so to be doing some strength training that's hard and progressive. That was one you're never going to next guess the next two, the next. The second one, not in order of importance, is sprinting. Did you know that ninety five percent of people once they reach thirty never sprint again. They might, I don't know, semisprint for the odd taxi. But in terms of actually going, can like do some kind of training where they're running at almost so Obviously, again there are lots of variables around that, and this is not a recommendation, and you've got to stretch and you've got to build up all that shit. Right, But let's say in a perfect world that we don't live in. But so strength training, sprinting, and the other one is bouncing, so where both of your feet are off the ground, not bouncing on a bouncer, bouncing, so you are literally pushing your weight off the earth, so you and your feet are leaving the earth momentarily. And then I had a look at a protocol it's like one minute, one minute, and I did one minute, and I'm like, yeah, that that works. I did one minute just on outside my joint, on fake grass. But I'm like, yeah, I could. It was all right. It wasn't horrendous. But I'm like, if I did two minutes of that, I think I would be fucked. But yeah, you know, it's funny, so these little protocols because you think about when you have impact, like not reckless, dangerous impact, but a degree of impact. Where you're now, you're working against your strength and your spine and your bone mass, and your strength is working against gravity to help you momentarily leave the Earth. So to speak. By the Earth, I mean terra firma, not the orbit of the Earth, just the fucking just the bit below your feet. Imagine that I jumped up, I landed on the Moon. I just wanted to do one minutes of plios Okay, and here I am just next to the space station. Buck. That's what it's like being an only child.
Speaker 2: Tip you should have another day in the hammock. You're you're quite on fire today.
Speaker 1: I know I'm amusing at some mark, aren't I all Right? So do you want to just keep banging on about this mindless shit or should we do the actual topic we were going to do, or should we do that another day?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm like, it's entirely out to youhaps I'm quite amused either way.
Speaker 1: I think we might we might leave this idea for another day because I feel like I feel like we're I think this would almost be enough for a little a little episode. But I think, like I know that we've spoken a lot over the years periodically, like we've we've probably had out of the seventeen hundred and something episodes, we've probably had twenty episodes where we've covered similar stuff. But I just think it's good for us to think about, you know, for those of us who exercise, or even those of us who don't, if you want to think about exercising, I think one of the one of the emotional and psychological hurdles for people is that you need to become a gym person, or you need to become a fitness person, or you need to become something that you're not. And you absolutely don't, you absolutely don't. But but what I do know, I don't know what you the listener should individually do. But what I do know is that body's done the right way consistently, his benefit from from movement and from load and from variety and from some progression and from working against resistance and you know, being being kind of somewhat diligent with that even when it ain't fun. You know, every every one of us has a body, and that body is going to fucking fall apart. Eventually, the body is going to decline. You are going to lose bone density and strength and muscle and function and balance and fucking bladder control, and all of these things happen eventually that like, nobody misses out, nobody, nobody comes out alive, everybody. But it's like, I think, I just get what's the word. I get passionate about this because well, you know, I'm watching quite a few people my parents' age and their friends and my own parents and dealing with some you know, some confronting things at the moment that don't need to be divulged here. But it's like, yeah, there's an inevitability. And I also look at some people that are dealing with things right now, and also some of the people that I've worked with over the years or just observed over the years, where I can't say with absolute certainty because I don't have a crystal ball, but I say with a lot of confidence that if this particular person or that particular person had have done certain things over the last thirty years, instead of each shit and sit on the couch. They would be in a very different place now, like their body would, their function, their quality of life, their lifestyle, their capacity would be nothing like it currently is. You know, and I think that weaving whatever, whether or not it's just going for a walk five times a day for a k, or whether or not it's doing some step ups on the bench or the backstep, or whether or not it's doing a prone hold, or whether or not it is actually joining a gym. I mean, it's never been a better time, not in my lifetime anyway. Like when I grew up, costing a gym, costing joining a gym was not cheap, like I remember gyms that I worked in forty years ago. It was five hundred to one thousand dollars a year to join a gym then. And you can join a gym now for about five hundred bucks. Depends which gym and what membership, and you know where you get in, and you know there's all these offers going on constantly, and so for ten bucks a week, even if you're not a gym person, doesn't matter. But all of a sudden, now for ten bucks a week, you've got a million dollars worth of gym equipment that you can use twenty four hours a day that is just good for your body. So how often.
Speaker 2: You gone, oh, it's interesting, like what our relationship with the idea of exercise or training or the body or fitness is. And I reckon, you know, because you talk to most people who who have fitness as part of their life, it's so frequent that you hear people saying, well, I do I mean, I do that from my mental health though, so they've made the correlation that what I do with my body is good for my mind and good for my emotions, good for my energy. Definitely, it's interesting to look at what starts it off, what our resistance is, what our mindset around, the idea of it, and the story of it is, the prevents from getting started, because I think we can start from a really laborious I don't like my body, and now I have to do this and it's this shit thing that I don't like. They it's in the way of process, yea.
Speaker 1: And how many people start to exercise for their body and then realize how great it is for their emotions, for their anxiety, for their depression, for their mental focus memory, like oh, oh, this is it's almost like the body benefits are secondary. Yeah, you know, the physiology is that's just a bonus, But fuck, I feel good. Yeah, Like, there are very few people who start to work out if they do it, you know, the right way. I don't mean to start off like seventy two workouts a week, but just who don't talk about the fact that they feel better, not just physically, but oh yeah when I work out, it so many people have said to me, when I exercize in the morning sets me up for the day, I feel amazing. If I don't do it, I feel shit, you know. So, But then they do this thing and it creates all this great biochemical stuff in the brain. But I also think that like back to what you said, which is something like the relationship we have with exercise. But it's almost like some people think about having to exercise as some kind of fucking punishment. I think it's a gift. Like what about our friend Joel who lives in a wheelchair. What about our friend Johnny who's got a spinal cord injury and a brain injury. What about It's like, if you can exercise, you're fucking gifted, Like you're blessed you know that. Ah, I'm like, wow, you know, like I don't mean sound judgy, and maybe that does, so I apologize if it does. But for me having worked with people who don't have the option, a lot of them who can't go for a walk, who can't get out of a chair, who can't lift a weight, and then and then who would do anything to be able to go for lift a weight, stand up, sit in a car, get out of a car, you know, get on a step ladder and get a cup down from the cupboard whatever. Just that shit that we take for granted. And so often we just do dumb shit to our body because we're lazy, or we're disinterested, or we tell ourselves a story. You know. It's like, ah, I'm not an exercise I'm not a fitness And then also what I should shut up because I feel like I'm going to disenfranchise people, but people who run people down who exercise. Like the amount of people over the years who have criticized me because I work out every day. I mean it's not fifty percent, but it's more than you would think. It's like you're obsessed and I'm not obsessed. I just can't get another body. This is the only one I've got. And so when I do this to my body for my body, my body works better, I work better, my life is better. But it's easier for them to criticize you than to acknowledge perhaps what they should be doing or what they're not doing. So rather than go, oh, I could be inspired, or I could learn, or I could whatever from whoever. It is not me, I'm not an inspiration, but or maybe you know, I.
Speaker 2: Could just acknowledge that someone's protocol is different to mine.
Speaker 1: Yes, or I don't even need to fucking comment on you know. It's like if people could sit on the couch and eat shit and get good outcomes, I would be all for it. But nobody in the history of history has ever eaten sat on the couch, eating shit, drinking booze, doing fuck all, having bad health, our bad behavioral sorry, bad exercise and food habits and lifestyle habits, and produced a good outcome. Nobody, right, So it's not like this is an opinion.
Speaker 2: There's more options though, for people to get fit and get moving, and they get boxed into which gym and which type of training that am I going to do to grapple my body into looking the way I want it to. And it's like me driving now frequently for an hour to get to the Daninongs because the experience when I get there, like it's hard to make that drive because I'm like, it's a lot of my day. That's a lot of my day. And then I get there and I'm like, this is so fucking worth it. It is so beautiful. And then I find these little hills and I go up and down and sometimes I have a little bit of a fast paced trot and I make friends within a kidnap and I'm like, this is so different to the training that I have gotten used to doing all this time that I'm recalibrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also this is for another day, another chat. But I think, you know, when you are doing that all the stuff that we're talking about, or a version of the stuff that we're talking about in nature, that's another layer, that's another level because you're doing all this great ship for your body. But now you're doing all this stuff that's it's almost transcendent, you know. It's not like you know, getting in nature, it's like going back to nature because we are nature like for most of our evolutionary timeline, us and nature have been intertwined. It's only very very very recently in terms of the evolutionary timeline that we've lived in concrete jungles. But most of our existence we had our feet in the dirt. Literally literally, like shoes are fucking new, you know what I mean? Yeah, I mean in terms of what we have today, you know. So, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Got like I up there, got so overwhelmed with emotion and gratitude and a level of presence that I just I just haven't experienced for no reason before. Like I wasn't in India, I wasn't on a mountain. I was down the road on a little dirt track at the Daninongs and I just stopped and I was like, I feel this right now? How fucking good is my life?
Speaker 1: Yep? Yeah, yep. Isn't that interesting? It's like when you do. One of my mentors back in the day used to tell me, and I now tell people. So it's not to Craig concepts, So give me no accolades. But every day you'd say, every day, get up and do a treasure hunt on your life, you know, like think about the shit in your life. That's and you know that stuff that I talk about. Can you walk up some stairs, Can you turn on a tap? Can you open a fridge and there's food in it? Can you press a button and cold air or warm air comes out? Do you have a car? Can do you have a job? Do you have any money? Does someone love you? You know, it's like very is so much, And of course the answer is not yes for all of our listeners to all of those questions. I understand that. But you know, when I think about what so many people in the world don't have, Like two and a half two and a half billion people in the world don't have clean water. Like We're not talking about a small percentage. We're talking about thirty five percent of the people on the planet. They can't turn on a tap and have glass of water. Like you know, I'm privileged, And I'm not privileged because I go and talk for NAB in front of a thousand people and earn this or do that or have a PODCA. I'm privileged because I can turn on a tap and there's water. I'm privileged because I live in a country where, for the most part, I'm safe. There's no bombs being dropped where I live. There's no rubble for me to have to crawl through to try to find something to eat where I live. I mean, this is I know, we've got fucking deep and philosophical. We've done a left turn at the fitness and now we're diving into gratitude. See this is what you get here, folks. It's like you went to the supermarket to get bananas and you came out with whiskey and a fucking bread roll and maybe some I don't know, Glenn twenty ah. Anyway, all right, I feel we're waffling, but good chat TIV as always, who knew, See you next time.