Speaker 1: You're listening to a DM podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At? Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea So Where's your head at pod at.
Speaker 1: Gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes. I'm Anna and I'm Matt.
Speaker 4: Let's jump in.
Speaker 1: Okay, ladies and gentlemen, Anna is alive. We've all seen her stories. How are you feeling? Don't breathe on me too close, though I don't want it.
Speaker 4: I am alive, Thank goodness. Oh my god. I was so sick.
Speaker 3: I remember I had a phone call with you and literally I was like, geez, can you actually through the.
Speaker 4: Phone coughing out my lug.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, for anyone who hasn't been following my social media, I had parat influenza. Never heard of it before in my life?
Speaker 1: Have you no? Not until you told me no?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, they told me what I had, and I was like, what I genuinely thought I had COVID.
Speaker 4: It was way worse than COVID.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, Like way worse.
Speaker 3: Well, this was more a wet cough, wasn't it, because you said it was going to turn it well, like.
Speaker 1: On your lungs.
Speaker 4: It was on my lungs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the doctor thought I had pneumonia, like I ended up going for hess X ray. But yeah, it turns out it was just a bad case of power influenza.
Speaker 4: Do you know what was weird?
Speaker 2: Though? It's like, you know, with social media, it's so great because everyone like kind of gives you, like their two cents and kind of shares with you, like their experiences.
Speaker 4: But then when I.
Speaker 2: Actually told people I had power influenza, so many people were terrifying me. They were like, I ended up in hospital for like two weeks.
Speaker 4: It was fun to just.
Speaker 3: Tell your Anna print screenedra on them and sent it to me and that was She was like stressing, and I was like, wow, that sounds hectic.
Speaker 1: Well was it? She said that?
Speaker 2: She there, she is, I have the residual cough.
Speaker 4: So excuse the cough that's gonna come.
Speaker 1: Through through you guys cannot catch it. Don't worry catch it.
Speaker 4: Matt's worried. But yeah, I'm feeling so much better, thank God.
Speaker 2: The only thing that I'm left with is my whole neck and shoulders and my abs. Like I've pulled basically every single muscle in my body from coughing so much.
Speaker 1: You're telling me this before, That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I'm like I've been going to the physio.
Speaker 2: Literally, Michael has been massaging me flat out.
Speaker 4: I'm just so tired.
Speaker 3: That's what fiancees are for anything that's not their best for So are you feeling like you one hundred percent this week and attack it?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I'm just like I'm in slay mode as of today.
Speaker 4: Like I'm on like healthy eating.
Speaker 2: So we went to my parents' house actually because we're looking after their dog with dog sitting, and that's like a whole new thing because Michael is now he's never had a dog, and he is obsessed with Alfie, who's a little groodle.
Speaker 4: He's very cute.
Speaker 3: When you put that story up, I actually showed Jen and I said, it's the same as me with Moka, Like I never grew up with a dog and now I'm just obsessed with like my girlfriend's family's dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like we were literally sitting in bed last night like looking up dogs that we could buy.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, because that's how obsessed.
Speaker 2: Michael is the same breed like maybe like a big Groodle or a Golden Retriever.
Speaker 4: They're just such cute dogs. I feel like that's.
Speaker 1: Like I can't talk you into a dashound.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't get this sausage thing. Like I totally respect that you're obsessed with sausage dogs, but I don't know. They just look like stretched out a little look.
Speaker 1: Into this face. How can you?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's like, yeah, I'm gonna I'm not going to get into a debate whether I think dashound's a cute or not. That's a I know.
Speaker 1: You do, so I'm going to leave you with that because I will argue that.
Speaker 4: One it to the death.
Speaker 2: But yeah, No, we're at my parents' house until I think like Wednesday, and you know what, it's been really good because I was stuck in my apartment sick for like ten days straight, like didn't leave the house, and then we've gone to my parents' house and it's just so good. Like I know, they say, what's the quote or this saying They say a change is as.
Speaker 4: Good as a holiday, and it really is.
Speaker 2: And I guess that's my recommendation this week is if you're feeling like you need like a bit of a break in your routine, A change is so good because I mean, I was talking to before about how this time last year, I'd been in Thailand for the whole month of January basically because we got stuck there. I'd already been to the UK to see family, I'd been to Dubai by this time, and like it was a busy year. And this year I haven't traveled at all, and then on top of that being stuck in the house sick, and I know a lot of people are getting sick at the moment, I think it is really going around. My advice is just to have a bit of a change, even if that means like stay maybe staycation. A friend of mine, Tague, and I saw she went camping up in the high mountains and it looked beautiful, like, look I try to camping.
Speaker 1: Is she rough camping or like a van?
Speaker 3: I'd love to actually get a van and drive around in a van, like would say, different beaches in like the Bush area, I don't know, like you know what I mean, a nice school area and wake up how nice would that be.
Speaker 2: The thing is is I feel like you need a camping person to take you because we both never camped before, and like Michael's never camped. I don't know if Jen's camp before. Yeah, like none of us have camped before, so we need someone who's like been around a couple of.
Speaker 1: Times, not where the bears are, no, the.
Speaker 4: Equipment that you need.
Speaker 2: Like, I couldn't just randomly go camping. I would have absolutely no idea. But the thought of doing it in a beautiful location, like it doesn't sound like the worst idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love to go camping, Like, like, what do you mean like wake tent actually not lamping, like an actual tent.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've lost me.
Speaker 2: I can't even laugh without coffee anymore because it's just like so triggering that.
Speaker 1: I can't even know. You've lost me.
Speaker 2: There, I Doah, I can't see doing anything except glaming. I mean I can't really see myself doing anything.
Speaker 3: No, I couldn't see either of us doing that. So maybe if someone wants to take us actual camping, we might think about it, but I don't think we're going to do it.
Speaker 4: We should do it. I think that could be like a nice thing to do.
Speaker 1: You reckon.
Speaker 3: You could wake up in a tent one night on the ground, get up crack at dawn.
Speaker 2: It's probably costing like a thousand dollars with all of the ship I'd have to buy it. To make myself feel comfortable, I need like a thick mattress, I need a sleeping bag. I don't have any of this.
Speaker 3: And I'm picturing like if we go like walking while camping, Michael was going to be carrying it all and is going to be probably carrying it off to literally yeah, I'll be carrying it in Michael.
Speaker 2: Oh, well you're into the gym at the most couple of extra ways there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that was literally when I larning.
Speaker 3: I thought about going to gym again in England and I was going to.
Speaker 1: Get back into it.
Speaker 3: I said to my sisters, I'm going to fill a rucksack up of clothes and just walk around.
Speaker 1: And they said, why don't you just run it? Was it seems too hard.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny that that's your recommendation, because what I've literally just done is I went away on a holiday. So I went up to Yeah, it was amazing. So Jen's family friend has a house right on Palm Beach. She literally walk out the back door, out the back gate and you're on the beach.
Speaker 4: It looks beautiful.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was honestly amazing. It was I'm in a roombat going up because I was so busy with work that week and we had things on and I was like and then I was like, you know what, fuck it. I just bought a last second ticket and I went up, and I'm really grateful I did because I had a really fun time.
Speaker 1: I went to Movie.
Speaker 4: World, I saw that how was that?
Speaker 3: Well, apart from the Scooby Doo ride being closed, anyone out there, just to let you know, it's closed for another year, so hold your breath. They're revamping it so when it opens it would be amazing. But like everyone loves Discubuty, right, that's the best bit. So you just smashed the wild Rest wide, right, I reckon about like six times. I don't the Wild West one, you know, the log one and you go down and the water slash. Every didn't even look at like the other ones. I hate rollercoasters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought you would have loved them. That's so interesting.
Speaker 1: I hate not being in control.
Speaker 3: Okay, so like you know, I'm a control a little bit, you know me, Like I like to control things around me and not being in control of like what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Just get the fuck out of it.
Speaker 4: You would have loved the thrill of it, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well ones that I the ones that I did, I love the thrill of it, Like the ones I reckon.
Speaker 1: I could do it.
Speaker 3: If I was offered a bit of money, like say they said, like two hundred bucks going that, right, I'd be like, yeah, no one is, but you know what I mean, if someone did that, I would.
Speaker 2: So basically you definitely don't want to go on unless you're getting paced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So he doesn't like.
Speaker 3: Right, And then we just hung out the rest of the time, really relaxing. Went to rick Shaw's amazing. There have you been there?
Speaker 4: No, I've never even heard of it. What is it?
Speaker 3: It's this restaurant right on like the beach of Burley and it's a yeah Agent Fusion, Yeah, yeah, they always are and underneath the Burley pab That was amazing and just it was nice to get away. So like I, like you said, I got itchy feet and I was like I want to go away, like I'm in too, So that was really fun, but I had to come back in time for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: So that's why I've got got a super Bowl top on.
Speaker 3: Got Tom Brady the Goat. Thank you, Jen brought this morning for Christmas. I'm ready to rock it today. All the boys straight from here, straight to the pub.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't place in the Fantasy league. I was. I made playoffs.
Speaker 3: But so I've got a couple of I've got a couple of drinking punishments coming my way, so it should be fun.
Speaker 2: You're going to be absolutely lit off your tits by the end of the day or.
Speaker 3: Drinking package starts at ten am. Yeah, so I'm getting there at nine point thirty.
Speaker 1: Starts at ten am.
Speaker 2: So that made me get up at five point thirty this morning to do this podcast. I mean technically I did cancel for the first time because I was sick last week.
Speaker 4: That was the first time we weren't in the studio.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so because you were sick. And then I was stressing because I was like, well, I'm for a ticket to go away. When are we going to record this? But here we are.
Speaker 4: Here, we are right and early.
Speaker 1: So we've got a theme today of Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Everyone, Happy Valentine's Day. What have you got planned this year? Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I actually have nothing planned. I'm going to do some planning when i leave the studio.
Speaker 4: Michael.
Speaker 2: So it's actually our one year and a half anniversary falls on the day seventeen, so oh yeah, yeah, so on Friday, Oh is it Friday?
Speaker 4: Thursday? Friday?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Michael's planned something special on Friday, so he's asked me to leave it free. And I'm assuming we're celebrating Valentine's Day and our one and a half year anniversary and crazy that we've only been together for a year and a half.
Speaker 1: I literally was just now I've got your cough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it still blows my mind, Like that's so early in a relationship.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, like I think about a baby at a one and a half year old, they're young. Like if you think about like developing, yeah, they're young.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true. Do you know what's weird as well?
Speaker 2: It's like you know what you get worried like once you've been together for a little bit, that like you're gonna lose a spark or the honeymoon phase is going to be over.
Speaker 4: I had like a.
Speaker 2: Freak out because I was like, because I was sick, I was just not horny at all. Like I was so ill, Like I think we like tried to have sex and like halfway through, I was just like just coughing. He I was coughing. I wasn't feeling it. I was like this isn't I'm not having a good time. And I was like, oh my god, is a honeymoon phase over? Like I'm so stressed out.
Speaker 1: Well, now that you're feeling better, have you had sex?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but like it's I'm still not like back to full levels of.
Speaker 3: Like I wouldn't worry about that, to be fair, like maybe you just well did it before you got sick?
Speaker 1: Were you not as horny?
Speaker 2: No, before I got sick? Or we love the life, but then I got sick.
Speaker 3: Well it could take something as miniscule, well not minsical, but it's like this that you're sick and then do you know what I mean, Then you don't have sex and then it becomes sort of like a thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's not that we haven't been having sex, but it's just like you know, when you're just like not as.
Speaker 4: Like up and about.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have a title number for Michael Valentine's Day?
Speaker 2: Maybe I should get one, maybe you should get Actually no, I do have someone from love Honey.
Speaker 1: Okay, remember, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: I could put some of like the shoot Lingerie back.
Speaker 1: On, spice it up a little bit.
Speaker 4: I have been.
Speaker 2: Trying to spice it up though. It's not that I haven't been trying. It's just that, like I think my immune system is still really low. So I'm not like you know what I mean or do you know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: I'm not like you know, if your body's focusing more on healing than being.
Speaker 2: Horny essentially essentially, yeah.
Speaker 1: Lucky for me, it doesn't worry about healing. It's just.
Speaker 2: Try and get try getting para influenza, and then see how you're feeling.
Speaker 1: I reckon, I'll probably get it end sitting across here from you.
Speaker 4: Maybe you could use a bit of it, just like, yeah, no.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna happen my hornings overcome that. Well, that's all right, So maybe you just chuck a title number on Valentine's Day. You guys have a nice do you have any idea what he's doing. Surely you don't know.
Speaker 2: Like I'm assuming it's just like dinner plans on Friday, Okay, but like I do want to do something nice for him, because obviously he's always super thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Well, I've taken the rains this Valentine's Day, have you? Yeah, So I'll get into why. I last year was a bit ship of Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: But this year, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'll tell that, but I'll focus on this year first. I'll start with the dessert this year.
Speaker 1: Then I'll get to the veggies.
Speaker 3: Okay, this year, I've taking the rain. So tomorrow night I'm gonna get us Jen and I some dinner, nice bottle of champagne, and we have our spot, you know, our spots.
Speaker 1: No, that's what. No, I can see why you think that.
Speaker 4: But it's isn't that why you asked her out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did, but no, we found a better place.
Speaker 3: Were like early on in our relationship, we were like during COVID, We're like, all right, let's go on a date. Let's take each other on a date. So we had limited places. I took it to one spot at this Gulf Park it sucked. And then she took me to this, and she took me to this lookout. I don't really want to tell people, so they go there because it's pretty, like.
Speaker 4: It's your Valentine's you know what.
Speaker 1: Oversaturated.
Speaker 3: We went there for New Year's and it out overlooks the city on the beach and there's like rocks.
Speaker 1: It's really nice.
Speaker 3: So I'm just going to get a pizza, nice bottle of champagne, and we'll sit there.
Speaker 1: I already got over.
Speaker 4: Love Heart pizza. Have you seen those?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 4: The pizza places are doing like Love Heart pizzas, which I feel like is extra key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might have to find one that does that. Then maybe I make.
Speaker 4: My own pizza in my heart.
Speaker 1: Very cute. That's very cute. That's something to steal that and I've thought it.
Speaker 3: Obviously a book, because we get each other books for every celebration we have gifts, so that would be nice. Last year, unfortunately we didn't get to spend Valentine's Day together. So super Bowl Day coincidentally landed on Valentine's Day. Yes, but that's not the reason we didn't hang out.
Speaker 2: I'm actually shocked that you're telling this story because last year we were going to tell this and you were like, I can't tell it, like legal reasons, I cannot tell the podcast it.
Speaker 3: Happened, which killed me because it was actually like to me, it's a funny story and pretty entertaining.
Speaker 4: Funny, but also stressed, very.
Speaker 1: Stressful, and very sad.
Speaker 3: So super Bowl Day was on Valentine's Day, So if this hadn't happened, I wouldn't have probably probably wouldn't have spent Valentine's Day together anyway like super Bowl, but we understood that you.
Speaker 4: Always put super Bowl before Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Basically the real boys, it's Christmas.
Speaker 4: For me, it is. There are some downfalls, downfalls of dating.
Speaker 1: The super Bowl comes first, but.
Speaker 4: You always make an effort to do other things.
Speaker 3: So we spent the Friday and Saturday night we went out for nice didners. Last year, I made up for it, so you have to. So what happened was I'll tell from the start. Early on dating Jen, we were driving. It was during lockdown, we had nothing to do. We drove to the local bottle shop on Chapel Street. I did a parallel park. I don't know the guy tutored me. He said that I hit him. We agreed that I didn't hit him.
Speaker 4: We agreed that he didn't hit we both did.
Speaker 3: We shook hands and said I didn't touch his car. We went our separate ways.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh, yeah, that's right, I forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't have insurance at the time, which is so fucking dumb. And this is a lesson. This is my recommendation, Actually always have car insurance. I didn't have it because I was driving my excess car before that. Then we're in lockdown and last episode, I'm so dumb with my funds. I didn't even realize that, like my car intruderents wasn't coming out of my account. So a couple of weeks past, then panel Beater calls me. He says, I owe him thirteen thousand dollars. Someone's car that I hit is damaged. I was like, mate, this is a prank call, hung up, ignored it. Later on, I got summoned to court.
Speaker 4: To pay you guys had exchanged details.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't know. We didn't exchange details.
Speaker 4: How did he know that?
Speaker 5: You're not? So?
Speaker 3: I think he might have taken fire of my number plate, And I think that panel of the Vedas or something. They have an ability to search it, I think on like some website.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so they found your details.
Speaker 3: So I found my details. Then I got like subpoenaed or served whatever it is, got someoned to the magistrate's court on the fourteenth of November of fourteenth or February.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to briefly tell the story. I'm going to go into too much details so legal yeah, and just just so I don't want to like it. If I told this story long, it would go for ages. But then I got some legal advice not to get a lawyer, which was in hindsight very dumb.
Speaker 1: He was at the magistrate's court.
Speaker 3: So the fourteenth of feb last year, we go to court, me and the guy and his lawyer, and he had a lawyer.
Speaker 1: He had witnesses were black people that like.
Speaker 4: He How would you have witnesses people.
Speaker 3: That had assessed the car? The panel leader that fixed it. I was just one big scam. Yeah, long story short. I actually had to cross examine him and his witnesses.
Speaker 1: It was fucking so full on.
Speaker 2: You cross examined someone in a court room a you okay, like no story like it just blows my mind. Like, Okay, so let's just fast forward from my perspective, Matt's going to court in three months time, and I'm like, you need to get a lawyer.
Speaker 4: You're going to court.
Speaker 2: Basically, Matt was like, I know I didn't hit this guy, So if I was getting a lawyer, it makes me look like I'm trying to protect myself that like I'm guilty, Like I'm just going to go in by myself because nothing happened. Meanwhile, this guy's lawyered up. He's got all of these people ready to go, and he's suing that for all of this money. And that's rolling in trying to fucking cross examine someone when he's never taking a legal class in his life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I had to cross examined him. It was so bad. I had no questions, I had nothing. I ended up asking him did I hit you? And he said yes, And I remember just like turning around and being like, I can't deal with fucking liars, and then like walked back to myself.
Speaker 4: He said I can't deal with fucking liars. Oh my god. It was the judge like are you.
Speaker 1: The judge is okay?
Speaker 3: I think he realized that, like I didn't understand the severity of the situation.
Speaker 4: How much did he see you for?
Speaker 3: I'm thirteen and a bit worth of damage and then six thousand for his loyal lawyer fees, So it came to like twenty K.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you can laugh about it now because that was a dark day.
Speaker 1: It was fucking brutal. So what happened, Well, I obviously lost.
Speaker 3: I could have like appealed it, and I was just like I don't want to go through that all again. So I just was like, fuck it, I'll just pay. So I paid him and just kept got it out of my life.
Speaker 4: But you didn't hit this guy?
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, well the judge said that I did, so that is crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, well, one bit of evidence was there's how did I do thirteen k worth a damage and there's to his car but nothing to mine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, how does my canto have a scratch?
Speaker 2: And he I remember you called me and you were like, this guy thinks I hit him and I definitely didn't.
Speaker 4: Gem was in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So how do you go parallel parking at like five kilometers an hour and do thirteen.
Speaker 4: Like on to like his what type of car.
Speaker 1: Did he have jeep?
Speaker 4: They're indestructible, supposedly.
Speaker 1: Supposed a tap.
Speaker 3: So that was my Valentine's Day horror story. I obviously like lost the court case, cried for a little bit and realized the boys were still out, put on my jersey, went out and just got got ship faced with the boys. I mean, look, I paid the money, I've saved back up what I spent, and like, you know, like just on and it's annoying. I would have double what I've got, you know, you know what I mean, Like, well more than what I've got now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just annoying.
Speaker 4: I felt really bad for you. It was not good.
Speaker 3: It's not good. No, it is what it is, though you learn. So that's my recommendation. Always have car insurance.
Speaker 4: Fuck do you reckon?
Speaker 2: That guy like looked you up, maybe like recognized you saw that you'd been on TV and thought like you were rich.
Speaker 1: I reckon little did.
Speaker 4: The negatives.
Speaker 1: And it all happened around the same time. Someone like it was a bad time. It was a bad time.
Speaker 4: It's so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, hopefully none of the wheres your head out fam have to go through this after this recommendation, check your car insurance and make sure it's still coming down.
Speaker 3: That's what I've said to everyone in my family as well. I'm like, there's two things I learned. Lawyer up and always have car insurance, two things that I've always and it looked to be fair.
Speaker 1: It was on my fault.
Speaker 3: I didn't have co insurance. I was fucking silly. I was driving my excess car for ages broke out with her maybe three months for four months. Didn't even think about it because I wasn't driving anywhere. My car was sitting on the driveway.
Speaker 4: You're in lockdown?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where was I driving to? Like this? Yeah, I just didn't didn't think about it.
Speaker 2: Like you don't have a car, and I don't have to think about this. Can you believe I still don't have a car as well?
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 2: Well, like Michael and I live together now and he has a car, and like we just share the car.
Speaker 4: We only have one spot. Anyway, I couldn't do.
Speaker 1: That Jen and I because Jen wants to sell hers. And I was like, well, I have a work car and my car, so.
Speaker 4: I think you could definitely do it.
Speaker 1: I could definitely do it. Yeah, but I just feel.
Speaker 4: Like when you live in the city, there's really no need for it.
Speaker 2: Like if we moved out into the suburbs, have you called public transport at all? No, But like if I'm going anywhere, then I need to Yeah, I get a new butt.
Speaker 4: It's like fifteen dollars.
Speaker 2: I have to say that anywhere basically, and then if I need the car during the dow just drive Michael to work and then pick him up.
Speaker 4: It's so easy and save so much money.
Speaker 3: I have to say, yeah, well in car insurance is what one thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, compared to twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Like just that's what kills me, just to think that I just fucking for like just slip my mind. I mean, like I said, like I said from when it half of him, like two days after after I was over, I was like, fuck it, it's a funny story to tell that round tables that the rest of for the rest of my life, like a life lesson I learned.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you think it's funny, because if I had to pay twenty K to repair someone's card that I didn't, I wouldn't be finding it funny.
Speaker 3: I Lily just transferred it through BSB and like it was fucking heartbreaking, the whole like my whole savings.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, man, I feel bad. I feel so bad for you. Hopefully, hopefully everyone else feels as bad as I do for you and you can get some sympathy for what you.
Speaker 4: Went through a bit. I mean, I feel like this guy is just like a criminal.
Speaker 1: He's a crook. I had to scam itten all over it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he saw opportunity. I don't want to say opportunity and pounds.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't say too much.
Speaker 1: I have to say too much. I have my opinion on it.
Speaker 4: I told you that my rent went up five hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 1: It went up five hundred or it went up to five hundred.
Speaker 2: No, so it all so I was already paying what I was paying, and it's gone up an additional five hundred.
Speaker 1: That's extortion. That's extortion.
Speaker 4: It's extortion.
Speaker 2: So it's like gone up like twenty five percent or something crazy, thirty percent.
Speaker 1: It's nuts, Like that's not even that's got to be illegal.
Speaker 2: I think I think they can do it because I'm I was in a yearly contract, but then after that it just automatically goes month to month. And when you're month to month and not like locked in, they.
Speaker 4: Can put it up.
Speaker 1: Why because they want to get rid of you.
Speaker 2: No, just because of all of the inflation everything's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so our rent's gone up.
Speaker 2: So now since we've been living at my parents' house having a little bit of a sea change for the past few days and all weekend, me and Michael kind of like.
Speaker 4: Could we live in the suburbs? Do we think that this is a vibe?
Speaker 1: Do you could?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 4: I actually think think I could.
Speaker 1: I could. I could move back out as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I actually kind of like it.
Speaker 2: I like being in like walking distance to some nice local shop.
Speaker 1: It is cool being off Chapel Street, both of us.
Speaker 4: I'm really off Chapel Street.
Speaker 2: I hate to say, anyone who's listening from Melbourne, and Chapel Street used to be like the go to place, and I just feel like.
Speaker 4: It gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't really like going out on Chapel Street, but coincidentally, everything always finishes on or ends up on Chapel Street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it is good to get home that way.
Speaker 4: I guess. So I don't know. I'm just like tossing up.
Speaker 1: I could see you living back in the urbs. You've got the ring. Now you're looking at a dog house in the verbs.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm just kind of like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Maria, it's all falling into place.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna I don't want to have a baby before the wedding. I think people think that I've taken out my Marina because I want to, Like, you don't want you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to have the dress refitted?
Speaker 4: I definitely, I definitely don't want to have the dressary. No way I'm going to say this. I'm going to jinx myself. Let's get into the hot last. Hello, you've reached Anna and Matt.
Speaker 1: We can't get to the phone right now.
Speaker 4: But please leave us a message on our hot line after the beat.
Speaker 1: Okay, so our first caller on the hot line is.
Speaker 6: Jess him at Nana.
Speaker 4: It's Jess here.
Speaker 6: I've god before colleg again for the Valentine's Day messages, because I have a pretty funny little Valentine's Day fail story. Basically, I was just seeing a guy and it was pretty new that we're only dating for a few weeks and then Valentine's Day. Hip he said, we won't do anything for Valentine's Day because like it's too early and we don't know whatever. But on the morning of Valentine's Day, I got a text from him. My name is Jess, but the text said Happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: So I just blocked him.
Speaker 6: I didn't bother asking what was going on, whether he forgot my name or was meant to send it to someone called Erica, But either way, no thanks.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is so sad.
Speaker 3: I just I couldn't block him or her, like I couldn't block someone straight away.
Speaker 4: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I would need to know do that. I'd be like, haha, wrong person, Like I'd want to know what the fuck was going on.
Speaker 4: I'd want to call them out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my care definitely, the curiosity or whatever would kill me.
Speaker 1: I'd just be like, fun, I won't know why he did this. Who it was? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who the fuck is Erica?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, you'd be raging. Even if it was just a.
Speaker 4: I would be fuming. That's so mean. So obviously, he'd said to Jess.
Speaker 2: We aren't celebrating Valentine's Day, probably because he was celebrating with Erica or.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, and then Jess was like yeah, cool, and then Erica was like, well no, I want to celebrate it. Have you ever been with someone like dating him? And then Valentine's Day pops up?
Speaker 4: It gets a bit all, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I'm feel like, if.
Speaker 2: You're newly dating someone, it's kind of this awkward thing where it's.
Speaker 3: Like, let's say, not even official, yeah, not official, maybe not even exclusive.
Speaker 2: You're not even exclusive when you're just seeing someone, like maybe you've gone on like three or four days, and then Valentine's Days coming up.
Speaker 4: I feel like they should still.
Speaker 2: At least send you like a message, and they should take you out on a date that night.
Speaker 4: Like they don't need to get you anything.
Speaker 2: They could maybe give you like a single rose as like a token of like I like you.
Speaker 1: But what happens if you are like the exclusive chat hasn't happened and you're seeing multiple people like I.
Speaker 4: Guess, well, then that pisces me off.
Speaker 1: I remember I was sort of seeing this girl. This was years ago, and because I was still doing at mums and we were at the point where it was sort of like what are we? What are we?
Speaker 3: And I was sort of like I was young, and I was maybe like, what twenty one, I reckon, not even twenty two, twenty one, and I was like, you know what, come around, I'll cook you a barbecue. I cooked your barbecue. I got her like a single rose, left it on her plate. And that actually not fucking me over.
Speaker 4: But you know, so she ended up sucking me.
Speaker 1: It was great, did that do? But she fucked me over? To be fair, the guy she fucked me over, which she's still with.
Speaker 4: That's not so bad.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Our next caller is anonymous, so you know this always a nerve.
Speaker 5: Wracking Hey, guys. Okay, So me and Matt's first Valentine's Day, which was last year. I was a few days before Valentine's Day because Matt had a court case against him at the nunch Ship's court. I'm not going to get into detail. I'm sure Matt has filled you all in about that, but I'm not dating a criminal. He's no crim I promise that. As Matt likes to say, the justice system let him down. So anyone who knows Matt will know he's a huge NFL supporter. He plays fantasy football with his mates every Monday morning. I'm woking to the game on our TV at six am in the bedroom. Super Bowl fell on Valentine's Day last year, so I'm feeling so sorry for all all us girls who fell victim to this. He was on Valentine's Day and super Bowl was on Valentine's Day. He couldn't attend super Bowl with the boys. So it's the one day that Matt lips for besides Christmas. So I took the day off.
Speaker 6: Work to be his support.
Speaker 5: I had to watch him defend himself in court all day by himself. It's out a lawyer. That's another story that I can't even get into. So in between sessions, he's watching the game.
Speaker 4: He's crying.
Speaker 5: He's an emotional wreck. He ends up.
Speaker 4: Losing his court case.
Speaker 5: He got sued twenty thousand dollars. So after the hearing, he collapsed on our band crying. I mean I would too if I got sued twenty thousand dollars. But it basically had to dress him in his NFL jersey, get a beer out of the fridge for him, and drive him to his mates on Chapel Street, and I just remember him sitting in the passenger seat with my car, wearing his jersey, holding his beer, balling his eyes out. I felt so sorry for him, but yeah, I didn't know if he was crying because he got sue twenty grand or crying because he missed Super Bowl. But I was telling him, don't worry, babe. This time next year, we'll be laughing about it, and thank god we are so a Valentine's Day I will never forget. And I can't wait to see what he has planned for us this year.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's funny that she told her.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so from her side, it sounds pretty rough, doesn't it sound.
Speaker 4: Was absolutely terrible, though. I feel like you kind of need to step up this year.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've gone the more, planning a lot on that though.
Speaker 3: She was meant to be my witness because she was in the car, and she was just like, nah, she's she got a bit scared, like not because she didn't want to do it for me, but she got scared because it was full cross examining her.
Speaker 1: And I was like, look, I've lost at this point, babe. Don't worry. I don't don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: There's no point putting you through this because I I realized I'd lost the moment I got there and they had full lawyers.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, and to be fair, god love her. She was trying to get me to Chapel Streets so quickly. She actually got a speeding fine.
Speaker 4: Did you pay it?
Speaker 1: I think I did?
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 1: No, maybe I know that was a different That was a different one I.
Speaker 3: Got in her car. But yeah, she was trying to get me there. She got a speeding fine. Poor thing.
Speaker 4: You should have paid that.
Speaker 2: You really.
Speaker 3: Down It was a speeding fine. Yeah, so she was like I remember that. Yeah, yeah I was. I was pretty inconsolable. And she did a very good job at looking after you after me, and I appreciate her for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god. That really is a Valentine's Day that you will both never forget.
Speaker 1: Very horror story.
Speaker 3: As far as Valentine's Day stories go, don't worry, Jenna, if you're listening, you will appreciate tonight.
Speaker 1: It's Valentine's Day gift.
Speaker 4: I've got four very cute you know what.
Speaker 2: This Valentine's Day fuck, like go the extra mile for people, I think, making people happy and doing like romantic things and big gestures like it's so nice and if you do make it memorable, Like, let's that's the thing about life as well, Like I think, celebrate the small things. If you're in a good place with someone, like make it known, like, don't hold back those feelings. Yeah, because you never know what's going to be happening next year, maybe you're not with them, maybe you'll regret it.
Speaker 3: So, like you said, Valentine's Day is a day for big gestures. So maybe ask that person out you won't want to go out with, Maybe ask him on a day like, Yeah, you know, if you really like someone, you asking me out on Valentine's Day, you're setting the tone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put yourself out there? Why not?
Speaker 3: I know, and everyone that's already in a relationship just maybe go that extra mile for your partner and let them know how much you love them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you only regret things that you don't do. I think you'll never regret like putting yourself out there. And like the thing is is, let's just say you do put yourself out there after listening to this advice, and it doesn't go the way you want it to go, then you know where you stand exactly. That's actually better than being like, maybe this could be something, maybe it's not.
Speaker 1: I would hate not knowing. I'd rather know than not No same.
Speaker 2: I love just ripping the band aid off and just being like, okay, now we know where we now, we.
Speaker 1: Know where we stand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, if you're having a single girl's Valentine's Day and you don't have a day, order yourself a pizza, pour yourself a nice glass of red wine.
Speaker 4: Run a bath. I had a bath actually at my parents' house.
Speaker 1: Oh amazing, I'd love a bath.
Speaker 4: It was insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bubbles, it's little bod.
Speaker 2: Bubbles, a little bit of what's it called, like the detox, like magnesium muscles, muscle, relax, relaxingt.
Speaker 1: Putting rose petals in there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what type of bougie bath do you'll have a but no, there was no rose petals.
Speaker 3: But you know, well, yeah, have yourself a nice bath, relax, Maybe forget it's Valentine's.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is is like Valentine's is about love, and if you don't have a romantic interest to show love too, then show love to yourself like self care.
Speaker 4: I remember I've had a few.
Speaker 2: Single Valentine's dres a lot of single Valentine's Days, actually, and there's nothing better than some self care or have a Gallentine's Day, get all your single galley together.
Speaker 4: Those stories so fun, right yeah.
Speaker 3: Alright, we've got time for guys. Have a sweet Valentine's Day. Look forward to hearing from you next week.
Speaker 2: If no one's told you this, we love you, I love you, and enjoy the rest of your day.
Speaker 1: Love you, guys, sayah bye.