Speaker 1: Better than the legal better than now before we talk about origin and clubs on the on the run home another immortal about to be named. The rules once worthy had to be five years retired. They've reduced that now to three years. So players like Thurston, camp Smith, Slater, your good self.
Speaker 2: Are available for selection. Give me power to do that?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Brother Stampton?
Speaker 2: The reduction?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Coops, because the concept originally started was regular geek who did it? But I was I think it was I had something to do with might have been Penfold's wine.
Speaker 4: So you have to be Hall of fame first before a mortal, right, and they've just changed that from five.
Speaker 3: Years to three years.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, Jesus some good players through the generation that would absolutely deserve being.
Speaker 1: Give me five in your opinion, that deserve consideration.
Speaker 4: So I'll go sort of my generation of the one I understand. So I'm not going to go back early days to know what the great Coat and everything did, So I going to go Fittler and Lockier. I think what Phittler did as a young star and the competition captain in Australia arguably in the conversation New South Wales's greatest even players luckier for me dominated the game at two positions full back five eighty was the best at it. And then you talk about I understand why some commentary is around that you can't have a certain amount of players from the same generation in the same induction.
Speaker 3: But I argue, if they're the best of what they've.
Speaker 4: Done, just throw them at like even if there's ten like, if they're the best of what they've done, do it.
Speaker 3: But JT.
Speaker 4: Smith, Slater, Smith and Slayer the best dummy half and Slater fullback you'll see and he's in a conversation with your brothers the best half back. So those fit are unlucky at the same time. But Smith, Slater and Thurston absolutely And for me on.
Speaker 1: The five, I've picked the sort of from different generations, some in mind, some just before me, and then Ronnie Coot as well. But Glen Lazarus, you know, I got Laso down like Laso, you know, he is just one of the greatest.
Speaker 2: Winners the game has seen.
Speaker 3: So what five or six? I think it was six.
Speaker 1: So it wins the Grand Final. He goes back to back with the canber Raiders. They won a competition before that. Then he Brisbane can't win a competition, right, there's a missing injury. So he went, so Wayne, Wayne went and got Laso. They win in ninety two, ninety three, and won in ninety seven and ninety eight. He was injured for one of those, trying to might have been ninety eight, I'm not exactly sure. And then he has a bad ankle injury. They think, you know, he's probably served his time. He goes to finish off with the Melbourne Storm. What in our second year there wins some competition. Incredible.
Speaker 4: When we talk about influential players, we normally go to hals and fallbacks in today's game. But for him to have done that in the front row position, incredible career.
Speaker 1: When Chris Anderson built that roster at the with the help of Rubes and Frank Stanton was there as well. What he did he said, just give me a great give me a great front rower, and give me a great halfback. Now Notty at that time was on the way up and he when they signed him. He enjoyed two or three outstanding seasons with Melbourne Storm, but that used to be his thing. He said, give me a great halfback, give me a great front row and I can win a competition.
Speaker 2: The other one Ron Court. You know, and Ron as classy off the field as he was on.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal player really you know, known for his he was a wide running, locked forward, brilliant cover defender. Bring a play of course, was across the great Divide South Sydney then went to the Roosters.
Speaker 3: He should be a motal just for being a good fella.
Speaker 1: Just an absolute champion guy. Ronnie could in an era, in an era where in his position there were just so many champs, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of Grand finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did, yes, Yeah he played a lot. The next one is Brett Kenny, a whole coops like Brett Kenny was just back and he was just a rock star. I think scored, I think scored a try in all of the Grand finals. And this game here, this game is one of the greatest games of all time. Eighty five Challenge Cup Final from one hundred thousand people, Wigan versus Whole, Kenny versus Sterling, he scores, he scores two tries against the Lance Todd Trophy. But just one of the greatest big game players of all time.
Speaker 4: Give me a bit more on Kenny because in that age or that era was obviously Wally or Kenny right, and they buttered heads in orange for Australia whatever. And most Queensland people say Wally. In New South Wales person will say Kenny.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well I'll say this coops.
Speaker 2: If you talk to Wally, he says, Bret Kenny his toughest. He said that the Corn's land side.
Speaker 1: When the New South Wales Seniorship would come into the dressing room and they are looking, oh they've done at the end. They've named Kenny and the centers like for Wally, he was the one player who had the wood on Wally Bret Kenny.
Speaker 2: Next one is Alfie, you know it is and again.
Speaker 1: In an era with a lot of great halfbacks, but Alfie, you know, he just that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Of course the captain got Brisbane to their first ever competition, you know, whether it be Australian origin level.
Speaker 2: Just a huge figure.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 4: The things stuck in my mind is when it was over seas in the Super League and that Origin game we came back for that. Like when you're talking about immortals, like they just do things that other people cut and there's I don't think there's another half back in the game that could have done what.
Speaker 2: Alpha is totally different.
Speaker 1: Actually, he's the thing coops right right of Alvi's era. The two half backs that stood above all of them were Ricky Stewart and Alfie and they used to fight tooth and nail always for the Australian number seven Jersey. Different styles, completely different styles. I remember Bozo once experiment of putting them both in the same side. Ricky played six, alf played seven, but it was oil and water. They just couldn't form because Ricky was a width player. Alf was over the venze one and play through the other one. And I spoke of it this on the show on Sunday Night is Steve Rodgers Coops. Steve Rodgers wasn't just a beautiful footballer to watch, but made you talking to blows like Bob Fulton, he said, just ridiculously tough, incredible defender, but famous for what he did with the football.
Speaker 2: The guy he just had the number six.
Speaker 1: There little story about Barry Andrews, who was Steve Rodgers's best mate.
Speaker 2: My dad coached this year.
Speaker 1: It says, well, my old man coach Barry Andrews. It's not eighty right, and I'm a kid and Barry Andrews was around our house and there was a bit of a knock on the door and Barry knew who it was. And Barry goes, Matthew, when you go on inst to the door, Okay, Panda opened the door with Steve Rogers. Steve Rogers. Anyway, we're going up to We're going up to the Least Club to see my old man. And anyway, Panda, Barry Andrews is driving the car and there's myself, Andrew and Steve Rogers.
Speaker 2: Sitting in the back seat.
Speaker 1: He's sitting in the middle and he's sitting there on Barry Andrews floor. He's got twenty cent corns, fifty cent coins all just sitting there. And Steve Rogers turns the moon. He says, Matthews, who's your favorite team? I said, oh, mister Rogers, it's Balmain Tigers. He went.
Speaker 2: He turned to.
Speaker 1: Joey and Joey in those days, Joey's not this was a manly supporter, and he said, what about you, Andrew, who's your favorite site? And Steve Rodgers at that point was playing for Saint George and Joey Lione little prick. He goes st George, mister Rogers, he goes, good answer, see all those coins.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is when you talk about like immortals, when when you do things in the game the way that you played, and they compare you to them, like, for example, if everyone goes sure kicking game like alf or when centers.
Speaker 3: Move they go move like Steve Rodgers.
Speaker 4: There's that kind of influence and in print on the rest of the game. Before we move on to origin that man, let's talk about the finals. So there is let's say the top four locked in and let's just say that Tiger's eel's gone. So souths seven wins from eight games, thirty two points is the number you get to. Let's just who makes it, Like, let's crunch like South Titans gone right.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't Titans playing great football map. I don't see him going on that bigger run. Same with the Bunny.
Speaker 4: So the big one here is the Broncos. After losing on the weekend, they need to win six of their last seven games. They've got one buy can they get there.
Speaker 2: Or they can?
Speaker 1: Coops they cannot tell them, but the is will they I don't think.
Speaker 2: They will know?
Speaker 4: You Like with six from seven. They've got the Knights next week, then the Dogs in a month's time. Four weeks they play the Cowboys away from home up there, so the next period of time off the back of origin, like I think we'll know the Broncos. But for me, they could probably put that hot streak together and win six of those.
Speaker 3: But is it not the way.
Speaker 1: They play cops. Their last two games is they've got the Dolphins, so Drek and Wayne all have them up the Battle of RISB and Dolphins could be fighting for a final spot. Who knows, they might be fighting for a top four spot. And then they got the Melbourne Storm to finish with. Now Melbourne Storm might rest some players, you don't know, but yeah that's and so.
Speaker 4: Now we're starting to put a line through the Broncos. Like the Warriors, they've got six from seven. The Raiders don't have a buyer. They're going to win six of eight, so you could almost start putting.
Speaker 3: Lines through sure, and the Knights they rely on their origent players and pong and needs they can catch fire.
Speaker 4: They're five from seven games. So now we just literally got a couple of teams up for grabs. So you've got the Dragons have done really well. Cowboys have a lot of games at home, but not really sure so I think in the next two weeks, Mattie, I reckon we might be calling a couple of these teams out.
Speaker 2: Well, Coops.
Speaker 1: I really like what the Dragons are doing. They're huge improvement, but my gut feel is not yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are.
Speaker 4: The issue with the Dragons is they've got that power game. They either win big or they lose big. It was a close win on the weekend, but go have a look at their results this year. They either go over and through teams or the opposition get stuck in and they can't have.
Speaker 1: So mainly have been flaky, but I was really encouraged with what I saw. Yes, what I saw on Sunday, Travoivich back at fullback has to be it has.
Speaker 2: To be, yes, and I think they'll get there.
Speaker 1: You coming back from Origin Brooks looked good on Sunday. I think I think they get there. Same with the Cowboys. Cowboys have been flaky, but I reckon they get there.
Speaker 3: The Dogs and Dolphins, I'm desperate to see the Dogs there.
Speaker 1: God, I hope the Dogs make it. They deserve well. The bottom Wine Coop.
Speaker 4: I think both teams deserve to make it. Yeah they do, but three wins from seven says they should on probability. But there are some trigger games for both clubs.
Speaker 1: And momentum, momentum and confidence. It appears suddenly sometimes and it suddenly disappears for whatever reason. No one knows where it comes from, where it goes.
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone in the bottom half of the eight can rattle the cage of the top four teams. But it's big for all those clubs to get finals. Like dogs, Dolphins didn't play manly Cowboys. There's a lot of teams that haven't tasted finals for a long time too.
Speaker 1: The reason I say that the Dolphins get there is if you watch the Dolphins, you know and just the nature of how Wayne coaches the games that they absolutely have to win. Most of the time they win, and that's what That's what. One of the reasons I put a line through the Broncos is the Broncos have almost got to go clean run through. But I think when they hit the Dolphins, I just know, you just know how Wayne's going to prepare his side.
Speaker 4: And when you try and judge whether they can win or lose, you basically go to the defensive side of the game and they scrap and fight, whereas the Broncos, like when the seasons on the line, you can see thirty points against the Dragons without your origin players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, that's the thing about it, Coop. So if you're going to pick a team, you go, right, are they going to make it? First and foremost, regardless of their playing they have to be playing quality football. And at the moment, the Broncos just haven't producing that performances over the course of the weekend. And I've spoken about this young bloke before, Lehi HOPOWHARDI my goodness that five minutes to go in the first half, that that catches this is that's as good as it gets. He is so classy, it is.
Speaker 4: That's that's a skill to do because you're moving sort of away from your player and you had to catch it and literally not even get too much of your fingerprints on that and throw it back in and coups.
Speaker 1: If we have a look at that angle again, Scotty's when Brooksy hit it's it's not an end over, it's a wobbler, which makes it that there's no true rhythm to that ball and Lehigh just plucks it out, foods are back on the inside and just locas his finger at the same time.
Speaker 3: Like this is really high end skill.
Speaker 4: If he catches that ball on his chest, he actually does have the time to put it out and pass the fact that he catches in his fingertips and.
Speaker 3: Just throws it in one motion. The hell of a player.
Speaker 1: And you know, like John Hoppowardi and all the other sons that they're known had a very powerful runners. William was a strong runner of the football. Lehigh like he's more of a you know what I mean, Like he's really sleep He reminds me of the way he moves a little bit like Jaden Campbell. You know, he sort of glies in out holes a little bit.
Speaker 3: Did you like what Turbo did in the Full Bay?
Speaker 2: I did? You know?
Speaker 1: You know what I liked about him, Coops, is that with no DCE, that put that that has put in the past a lot of pressure on Brooksy. And the last time d C wasn't there, Brooks, he overplayed his hand. He actually reverted back to some of the stuff he used to be criticized for. He wasn't running the football enough. He was a little bit two sideways. He was trying to finesse the ball too much, where yesterday the amount of first receiver like Tom played a lot of did a lot of ball playing yesterday at first receiver, pushing the.
Speaker 2: Ball out to the edges.
Speaker 1: Very very classy, and I've got to give it a shout out too to Jamie Humphries. I thought Jamie Humphreys was it was tremendous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they attacked Newcastle centers.
Speaker 4: They had young back rollers playing out of position defending there. And I'm going to give seabolt to Wrap like it was a courageous decision putting him at full back. But it's all in with Manly and Turbot. You have to like, they're not going to win a finals game with Turbo playing in the Center's sort of seventy five percent not going well, So it's almost like just put all your chips in because if he can get up and going and healthy, then they are a chance to win the finals match with him at one. If there is at fullback, they're not Okay.
Speaker 1: Trey Fuller, I see this coups like he's too good not to be playing an NRL right and at the moment at the moment, he's one of the on form, he's one of the best, one of the best attacking players in the competition. Am I over stretching that at the moment or just just on what he's doing at the moment.
Speaker 4: So are you thinking Trey Fuller stays at fullback and the hammer goes the Senate?
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you, do you think that Wayne would entertain that putting hammer in the center's leaving Trey there because he's given him so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is, and he will entertain it. But it's a bit like the Travoievich conversion for me, Hamers try against the Sharks, Like sometimes finals are just about moments, and your best players deliver moments.
Speaker 3: And is he going to touch the ball ten times at left center? Probably?
Speaker 4: Is he going to touch it twenty times at fullback? Yes he is, and he's definitely gonna have a bigger chance of doing something with twenty touches and ten, So yeah, maybe he does.
Speaker 3: Wayne thinks about it. But I just like the fact that.
Speaker 4: Gun players give them their best position and just go on and fill in the rest, because the last thing you need to be doing.
Speaker 3: Is I'm not going to say he's going to get stage fright.
Speaker 4: But Troy fully just hesitates slightly in a big game, whereas Hamber would like what he's done in Origin, he would not hesitate for his team in his first finals match.
Speaker 1: Now, we spoke last week about Jason Rowl's been paring out a coach, and we spoke about the roster hard roster to turn over with. There's a lot of big clubs looking for players at the moment, so it's going to be hard to recruit.
Speaker 4: We spoke about it not being as good as it looks on paper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yes, that they need they need to put They basically.
Speaker 2: Need to mix the salad up a little bit.
Speaker 1: And I recruiting players, yes, but I think positionally moving a few blokes, I'd see what I what I would experiment or consider if I was if I was Jason Rowls, I think Gutho. I think Gatho's it's time for him to move out of fullback. I think I think Guthho. I'd have a crack a blaze.
Speaker 2: To Lungey at fullback.
Speaker 1: First, he's he's got to shure him up and make sure he stays there. I'd have Gutho on the six, Moses in the seven and Dylan.
Speaker 3: Brown in the thirdeen Dylan Brown third A.
Speaker 1: I'd put Dylan Brown the thirteen. Dylan Brown.
Speaker 3: Why would you do?
Speaker 1: Well, big body running through the middle, and the other thing it does it neck ties him to his strength, which is running the football. I think sometimes at six you get little cues about players, and when I see Dylan start to do the na look passes and I go.
Speaker 2: Run the football, I just.
Speaker 1: Think, look, you know, is he would he be a better thirteen than the six?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but I would.
Speaker 1: I do believe the Paramatta would be a better side with him at thirteen.
Speaker 3: I understand it. I think their forward pack needs to re energizing. Put it that way.
Speaker 4: So if I'm Jason Rowles, I am changing things up a little bit. I think I think Gutherson to a center would be a better option. But I wouldn't do it like Gutherson moved to center and to Lungey. I would swap them in and out because Telungi needs to understand the defensive side of the game, and Gutherson is a very good defensive fullback still, so I would move him in and out of the position at different stages. I'm not moving Dylan Brown. I just think Moses and Brown is the reason why I would be interested in the Eel's job for starters, and they could be the best halves combo. They don't need a dynamic dummy half with those two there.
Speaker 3: They don't need a ball playing thirteen.
Speaker 4: With those two there, I would be giving them the keys to the whole attack and going from there. But I think they're forward back and it's probably the strength of Roles is that here's a defensive minded middle forward coach. They need a lot more steel and grit in that defensive revel.
Speaker 3: But wouldn't move Moses and Brown.
Speaker 1: State of origin the decider at Saint Corpse Stadium.
Speaker 3: I'm going to stop the rugby league world to.
Speaker 1: Have you played a decider at Saint Corpse Stadium a couple of times?
Speaker 2: How was it? What's is it completely different?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's something in the water, something in the air up there. You wake up on morning of Origin Day and all of a sudden, the Brisbane city is filled with ra Own jerseys. You look out your window, everyone's going to work with the marone jersey.
Speaker 3: The flags are on the cars and it's it's it's a pretty cool feeling. The issue horrible.
Speaker 4: The issue with Queensland and Billy is that the the fact that you're playing a decider at sun Corp and the crowd's going to be on your side isn't going to get you the victory is I'm going to make your tackle or run any harder. So they've got to really finite fine balance. But it works one way and it helps in the other way. In terms of New South Wales too.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about that community connection is a really big thing for the Coreensland side.
Speaker 2: Cooper.
Speaker 1: I don't know what year it was. I had to go.
Speaker 2: I had to go and interview.
Speaker 1: I think it might have been Steve Waters who was managing the side and new blokes were doing one of your final training sessions at a boxing gym.
Speaker 3: So we actually let you in while I was on the proof read rage.
Speaker 1: I was just sitting on the proof rewatching but wanting to be about ten years ago Lockie was still playing captain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two ten to eleven.
Speaker 1: So what team bus pulls up for you blokes to jump on board the bus and go back to the hotel. Lockier says, no, no, no, everybody, we're running back to the hotel and new blokes ran through the streets and what people come out of the houses, out of the Queenslanders and things like that and waving, and I got a real sense of that community spirit, the link between the community and the team.
Speaker 4: I've never asked Lucky this or whatever, but I think it was a plan. I think he did say we're running back. So he ran from a boxing session along the river, all in front of the apartments, all in front of the It would have been around lunchtime because all the restaurants were full and basically up into the city and it felt like people as like you started running further, people started coming out onto the streets and.
Speaker 1: Was run up the stairs in front of a museum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it did have that. Did have that, and it got the juices flowing.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie like there was something that he obviously played a card and it worked. So yeah, it's probably the power of what playing the Decider and Queensland does for you.
Speaker 3: Like there is a lot of emotion around.
Speaker 1: It still with the line up for a second coop, there's a little bit of mail going around. I don't know why I'm getting this came out of the Queensland.
Speaker 3: I don't believe a little bit. If you've got mail over me from the Queensland, yeah, I don't believe.
Speaker 1: There's there's a little bit of talk that Harry Grant will start.
Speaker 2: There's a bit of talk going around and the other thing.
Speaker 1: The other thing's going around is a Waker will start and bring Lindsey Collins off the bench. That's the mail. There's a bit of mail going around.
Speaker 2: If that was to happen, why.
Speaker 4: Um well, Harry Grant is an eighty minute dummy half so that's not a huge surprise. I think if the fodder Wakers starts Clemsey on, there's a couple of things that the Queensland Ford Pack have to do. They have to stop Painhass from the word go. I think yes, Moses was terrific. Left side attack was great, but everything pain Hass did in terms of his meters damage to Queensland defensive line and then when he went off spencer Land you came on and started wrecking ball too.
Speaker 3: So if I'm guessing.
Speaker 4: Billy White, go ak, Patrick Harrigan, your job is paying huss and Lindsay come on here, your teammate from the roosters.
Speaker 3: Your job is to stop him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, so he's gone sort of mate versus mate state verse eight.
Speaker 3: Right, that's me guessing. But I also like the Harry Grant thing because this guy can dominate origin, He can dominate for eighty eight minutes.
Speaker 4: He can do it like some of the other greats have done it. And I think this could be the chance Billy's gone. You know what, there's your good time to shine.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, coops. If he blokes start winning the artist.
Speaker 1: Or more to the point, win the win the possession game at that twenty twenty five minute mark, that second wave that comes out could be huge, given the fact that you get Lindsay coming on, possibly Ben Hunt for a stint, but the big one if he blokes a dominating possession Calen Ponger coming into a game against a middle that's fatigued, I don't know if we can contain that.
Speaker 4: If that's a case, that's perfect world scenario, and I think that's exactly what Billy is thinking, and he will have a plan, and it would be let's say Cherry Evans did and Ponger restwash. That's simply what it is. Maybe Ben Hunt is on there at the same time too. But what he needs to do is he needs the time he's run to perfection. He needs to try and predict when there's a swing of possession his way. He's the last thing he needs to be doing.
Speaker 3: Aving little little guys in the middle up against New South Wales and Spencer Lenu tackling. So it's almost like Kaylin sit.
Speaker 4: There and when I feel like this momentum shifting and they get a repeat set, throw him out there straight away.
Speaker 1: We see going in game two is going to be a huge clash Stephen Crichton against the hammer and on Steve's right or just going to the same thing, Kaylen Ponger on those little sweet plays. I mean that's his sweet spot in around that third last of fan you know, dummy and go cut inside, double cut out pass. Crichton's on that eage'. That's a that's a hell of a matchup.
Speaker 4: I really respect Stephen Crichton, like I think he's one of the best players we have in the competition and as a ball player and someone that tries to pick a part the opposition. If I'm looking and I've got Stephen Crichton on the right and I've got Bradman Best on the left. I'm going left towards Bradman Best. I just think that Calen Ponger knows him inside out. He does have defensive deficiencies in his game, where Stephen Crichton is going to be very hard to pick apart, so you probably need to do a little bit. But at some stage, if I was Billy, I would put Ponger and Walsh with Jeremiah Nana in front of me going towards Best, like put all three of them in some form of shape and just make him second.
Speaker 1: Guess really talking about I don't know, knowing someone inside out, Dane gag Guy and Bradman. I mean he'sy mentored Bradman. That's It's a really interesting matchup. I love I loved it from a neutral perspective. I love the fact that Dan Dane Gay guys back in State of Origin as a Blue. I'm hugely concerned because you talk about a bloke who turns on his best football. He does the occasion.
Speaker 4: But the other part to it is New South Wales terrorized Queenland's right edge that first footing minutes in the game too. Nana didn't defend well Cherry Evans didn't and Valentine Holmes was the missed a lot of tackles. So if they're gonna play well Queensland, I almost think that those three need to stop Moses, Lewy Angus, Crichton Edwards will be around there, but a couple of the old stages in terms of Queensland. If they're going to win a decide, I think Gag Guy and Cherry Evans need to have their best defensive game for Queensland.
Speaker 3: Ever for them to win.
Speaker 1: You said decent, he's old hat at this sort of you know, like he's been in this situation numerous times and he's delivered. It's a huge challenge for Mitchell. Moses Mitchell was fantastic in Game two and he's very good in game through last year. But this a decider at some Corb stadium. And as you know, when you get in those really big occasions is with the amount of noise going on, it is so hard to be able to communicate and rally your teammates and forwards.
Speaker 2: In the position.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, what advice would you give to Mitchell, I'm not going to ask you that. I'm not going to put you in that position, but your thoughts on it handling that occasion.
Speaker 4: I think if he's got a mindset of doing exactly what he did in Game two, I actually think it's the wrong mindset.
Speaker 3: This is strangely enough, because you really think the.
Speaker 4: Queens is going to allow quick play the balls advantage to their forward pack time and space and they dominated possession attacking end of the field.
Speaker 3: I just don't think that's going to happen.
Speaker 4: So I think patients and composures from Mitchell Moses is going to have to be the key he needs to.
Speaker 3: One of the things that I always.
Speaker 4: Thought about in a big game, particularly Origin Decider, was touch the ball basically through your kicking game. If you see an opportunity to take it, but just step back, do less, step back and let the big forwards butt heads for a period of time and let them win. Because there's this real ego battle in Origin, particularly early on, when your forwards feel like they're getting it, you've got to let them go and let them rain. Don't take the ball and start singing at sideways. So I think the best thing that Mitchell Moses and Cherry Evans, to be honest, the best thing they can do in the first ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Is kick the ball?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Just think about the end of the sets.
Speaker 4: But then he will and both half backs will have to have a game plan for the last ten to five minutes when it's tight. Because if I'm trying to predict this, I think it's golden point top styl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Coop, what's the scool line? Who's mean of the match?
Speaker 4: I'm going to go golden point. I think it's going to be tight. Hopefully Queensland kicked that field goal to win it. I'm actually going to I'm going all in on Walsh on this one. And strangely enough, he had a poor game in game two, he got smashed in game one and pongers in the team and it feels like he probably should be more rattled than ever. But I just feel like with Billy's coach and this is the type of performance where he just he just goes.
Speaker 2: For big game.
Speaker 1: In terms of Rhese's career, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It is, I think so, and I'm not super confident about it, but I'm just trying to guess and predict.
Speaker 3: I think Walsh stands up. That's what I think happens.
Speaker 1: I'm going New South Wales twenty six eighteen man matching we on paint hass. I just hope you spoke before about his impact and I think he deserves it.
Speaker 2: I think he deserves it.
Speaker 1: I think he I think you said for a dominant performance.
Speaker 4: I tell you well, one thing we needed tip ol Cap to is the first teams in nineteen eighty about Origin and what they did for what the game is today. What Arthur Beatson did to Mick cronin mate versus mate, State verse state. You've got ga guy up against best, You've got Payhause up against Patrick Harry, Lindsay Collins now up against s Pensylvania. This is exactly what Origin was built back in nineteen eighty and I think this is going to be.
Speaker 3: One of the better games.
Speaker 1: It's never been bigger State of Origin than what it is right now, and it just keeps getting bigger all the time till it's interesting to go back and have a look at go and have a look at the nineteen eighty eight series. In particular. I think it's the first game of the series. It's at the brand new Sydney Football Stadium, grounds half full, it's strange to go back and look at because we always looked at this eight Series eighty eight, who won the eight Series eighty five for the first time. I think New South Wales might have won that series. But the Sydney Football Stadium had just opened and the state of origin was there, and the fall was it was probably about twenty odd thousand people. Hard to believe now, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Now You could steerd buy a ticket for one thousand dollars or some of that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a lot of people boycotted it because it was the new stadium and you know, ticket prices suddenly back then probably went from being twenty bucks to forty and people said.
Speaker 2: That's garbage. We're not going to I'm not going to do that. It's too expensive.
Speaker 3: Well good luck, mate, you'll need it.
Speaker 2: I've just had. It's got him a Queensland clean sweep.
Speaker 1: Damn it. Yeah Series eight, Yeah eight. These curbs