Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show. Hello are your magnificent creatures and Jack?
Speaker 2: Hello afternoon swany.
Speaker 1: Thursday, best day of the week.
Speaker 2: Sure, second last day for us on air in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Sun is shining everywhere. Yeah, we've had some good news this morning, and we want to know. Thirteen twenty four ten, have you had a little bit of good news that has made you emotional or happy or just really gone?
Speaker 2: Yes, Sah taking the day off? Is that good?
Speaker 1: We're kind of cool cucumbers, aren't we.
Speaker 2: We?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want management to hear this, but I would do this job for free because I love it so much.
Speaker 2: Should I hit the dumb button? But we were at number one today we did. Thank you to everyone listening right now. It's because of you.
Speaker 1: We're so thrilled about it because it means a that we get to keep on hanging with you, and B it's been two years where we've taken something from nothing into a number one show across the nation. And of course we couldn't have done it without you. We couldn't have done it without the support of a very special woman, Sarah McGilvray, a.
Speaker 2: Beautiful boss who several people listening in Sydney would probably remember and know that name.
Speaker 1: Of course, she used to do breakfast in Sydney, and now she's our boss and she is magical.
Speaker 2: The best woman in the world.
Speaker 1: I didn't even realize that today was a result day. Normally it's on a Tuesday. They're messing with me. My fine went off, It went straight to voicemail because I was driving, and then I listened to the message, Oh.
Speaker 2: We're going to play the voice note, we.
Speaker 1: Should play it, now.
Speaker 2: Play it after let's know, let's play it right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, are you ready?
Speaker 2: This is our boss, so beautiful.
Speaker 1: She just got the news that this show had gone to number one. Hello Chrissy.
Speaker 3: Emotional, but I just wanted to say, congratulations.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have god number one, absolute.
Speaker 4: Mild and you so deserve it.
Speaker 1: And I'm so proud that you and Jack.
Speaker 5: And Tom and how much work you put in, and I stra.
Speaker 6: Loves you and so they should it in your show and I'm just so proud of you.
Speaker 3: So well done, well done, and I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 2: Oh God.
Speaker 1: Of course, when I got the news, I was like, oh my god, that's good. I didn't like burst out cry or anything. Give us a call, say gooday, and just share a great piece of.
Speaker 2: News and we'll share a gift with you for doing so.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show and let's do this. Let's open up the phones. You just literally said to me. We do not have to say good ay, opener, and I intrade it. We just want to hear from him. Want to hear some good news because you need to actively avoid bad news, I think, don't you nowadays?
Speaker 2: You definitely do when you're scrolling or you're doom scrolling, or the news is on.
Speaker 1: It's in aside. But my dad just stayed with me for the last week and he's mad for Sky News and twenty four he just watches it and watches it, love it. Oh my god. Anyway, did not watch it because I don't even know how to turn it on, and the kids were there, and he was distracted and didn't watch a whole week of bad news. And he did say yesterday when he went home, he goes, I think I feel better for it. I said, I told you, I've been telling you for four years. So let's get some good news into our Psyche's right now. Hello, Michelle, hellow you going good, Merry Christmas and hope twenty twenty four was reasonable for you. What is your piece of good news?
Speaker 5: For the first time ever, I have finished my Christmas shopping already and I'm not going to be at the shops on Christmas Eve that.
Speaker 1: Celebrate good times, Michelle, can you.
Speaker 4: Please small win?
Speaker 2: But it's like it's.
Speaker 7: It would be so thrived.
Speaker 1: From the other side, which is where I'm at, Michelle, I have not started anything, and I don't know when I'm going to get the time to do it. Trust me, it sounds like a lot.
Speaker 4: It's nice to work out in you for my high horse this year only.
Speaker 2: Michelle, we are going to send you a smart Sense blender combo from Mutual At, the number one personal blender in the world. Merry Christmas, amazing, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Love you to put that under the tree for yourself, plaus Michell. Hello Audrey, what a beautiful name. I'm jealous to my very core.
Speaker 4: Congratulations on being number one.
Speaker 1: How cool?
Speaker 2: Thanks Audrey. What's your good news?
Speaker 7: My nephew who's.
Speaker 5: Ten, has now been I'm on my way to Adelaide. I'm on my way to the airport because I'm going to visit him.
Speaker 4: He's been putting remission.
Speaker 1: Oh Audrey, oh my god, I've had a physical reaction to this news and write at Christmas. How does your family feel?
Speaker 5: Oh, we're pretty elated.
Speaker 4: I'm just love this left work and I'm just on my way to the airport.
Speaker 1: When did you find out? When did you find out this good news?
Speaker 5: A couple of days ago?
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's just had he's just having top up chemo at the moment.
Speaker 1: And can ask who told you? Who put in the call to you? And what was that like? Yeah, my brother and was an emotional chat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, very very good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that's where I'm heading right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have a safe flight. Audrey. We're going to give you a Priceline Pharmacy voucher and then I'm also going to give you a three hundred dollars Frank Green Gift holiday pack to give to your nephew.
Speaker 7: Oh, that would be awesome, Thank you very much. He loved it.
Speaker 1: Have the best Christmas ordery with your family. It's beautiful. Hello, Rach, congrats, guys, love the show, Thanks for listening. You're all part of this win. No worry. Tell us what is your piece of good News, Ralle.
Speaker 4: My nine months old baby just put herself to sleep in the cot without me having to rock or shop or break my back.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I remember this day with each of mine.
Speaker 4: It's very good.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're doing very well. How old is that baby again?
Speaker 2: Nine months? Wow?
Speaker 1: I don't think I celebrated that first day of my of my youngest child peg putting herself to sleep until about a month ago. She's eleven.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Rachel. We're also going to send you a three hundred dollars Frank Green Holiday Gift pack. The new holiday collection features practical and stylish gifts for everyone. Order now at Frankgreen dot com dot au. Coming up, I'm very excited for this phone topic. Yeah, tis per season, TI per season.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. Get a free Shane warn Legacy Heart test with CISU at price Line. This self service test can check your blood pressure, heart rate, diabetes risk, b am I and more. Plus receive a free heart age estimate with results in as little as four minutes.
Speaker 2: Tracking your health is easy a price Line.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. Every so often there's an article or something that goes viral and you look at it and you get entertained, and then on the other side of the coin you go, I reckon I could be friends with that person. There is a CEO called Stephen Carter. He runs a Hiven Resources recruitment Yeah, like a recruitment agency exactly. It's called Sharp and Carter, and he is the Carter part of it. Like he's a big deal. You know you're a big deal when your name is in the company.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it is the season. It's a silly season, and nothing gets sillier than Christmas parties. We've got to be careful.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I've not had a scandal lot of Christmas party.
Speaker 1: I can't either.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow night will be my ninth or even tenth Christmas party, and I've still not been sacked after a Christmas party.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're doing well.
Speaker 2: I think so too, and just enjoy.
Speaker 1: The next thirty six hours because I think he's going to change for you. Stephen Carter did a a I think they call it a town hall, where he addressed everybody in the company and really laid down the law about their Christmas party.
Speaker 2: I take drugs myself, I just don't do it at work events. That's when things get If you drugs at the Christmas party, you'll be you'll be fired.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the arm for me, You'll be How do I say this, You'll be fired? See? I love that sort of clarity.
Speaker 2: He's our kind of guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I need that because not that I do anything naughty, No, but I like to be able to at the Christmas party say to people that I can see doing the naughty thing going. Don't you remember Stephen Carter said you were going to be fired. You meant it.
Speaker 2: Steve said you were going to be um um fire by it.
Speaker 1: And then he went on to say this, if you want to cheat.
Speaker 2: On your partner, i'd recommend twenty twenty four has been a start.
Speaker 5: Remind that is probably normalized, and cheat on your partner with someone at work.
Speaker 2: If you on your partner, just don't deal with someone at work.
Speaker 3: It really becomes very, very problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's two years I want here. Clearly there's a story there. There was two employees that were getting it on and they shouldn't have been absolutely referenced that. But just like the first morning where he said you'll get fired, he goes on to say it just makes things very problematic if you cheat with somebody that you work with. He's covering his own butt here. He wants to have a holiday, yeah, and he doesn't. He's asking for a favor. Please do not take drugs because I'm going to have to fill out paperwork. Please do not sleep with someone in my company because it's a problem for me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have to do rehiring over the Christmas break.
Speaker 1: And I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: Or I do feel bad. I mean, this guy's a vibe. I do feel bad for him because with these town halls nowadays, some of the people it's like here at Nova, they're often in the meeting irl in the conference room, or some join via teams. So if you're delivering that message on teams, you don't know who's filming you clearly yeah, and uploading it to TikTok or Instagram.
Speaker 1: And I love his dry sense of humor because he also he covered that off later. He was like, well, if I'd known it was going to be sent externally, I probably wouldn't have said that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, four to ten, what is the worst thing you've seen at a Christmas party? A work Christmas party.
Speaker 1: I've got a story involving a couple that were not married and a boardroom.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, wow, I think you've got another one involving the Splits too, from Yes, The.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show, The Christy Swan Show talking Christmas parties. Sometimes the most wonderful and also the most diabolical things occur at these functions because it's such a release of pressure, isn't it. That's free?
Speaker 2: It's free, do you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean? You're out with all the people that you love at work, you're not in the office, and there's free booze and free cannapis as good combo.
Speaker 2: There's an excitement in the air for Christmas and holidays as well, because most people are about to clock off, so you almost feel like you're not at a work function exactly.
Speaker 1: It's very easy to forget, and people do forget. For example, couple that I walked in. When I say a couple, I mean they they were not married. They were married to other people.
Speaker 2: But they were a couple that I walked into.
Speaker 1: Them seeing road testing what it would be like to be a couple testing.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And they were in the boardroom, you know, all agog for mischief let's put it that way. And then I quickly closed the boardroom door. And I have not told a soul apart from now.
Speaker 2: Was it at a radio station?
Speaker 1: Advertising man? Advertising agency?
Speaker 2: The best? Isn't that? Just called Tuesday? In an advertising agents?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 2: Probably twenty four ten? What is the worst thing you've seen at a Christmas party?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've just seen the words turkey slap? What hello anonymous?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Jack.
Speaker 1: It's two thousand and five all over again. I didn't even know what a turkey slap was until then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like I didn't see it, but other people saw it, including executives.
Speaker 1: And yeah, how did it happen?
Speaker 2: Where did it take place? Set the scene it was at?
Speaker 3: Like, so the person had been at another Christmas party then came to the main Christmas party, and mean the slapping happened at the after party, so still in a separate environment, but still with workpeople away from the main Christmas party. But executives were there.
Speaker 1: So the turkey slapper was on their third party.
Speaker 7: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Oh why didn't somebody just put them in a cab back go home? Non, We're going to send you a nutrible at flip from mutribull at the number one personal blender brand is I promise you.
Speaker 1: I promise you Jack if you if we're ever at the same party and it's your third, I will put you in a cab.
Speaker 2: I feel like you've been at several and you just haven't known that. I'm pretty good. I can keep it together until Jacculine comes out.
Speaker 1: You are pretty good. Hello Laura, Hello, Hi? What happened at you Have's Christmas party?
Speaker 4: So not a nice thing? One of his work colleagues. Things were getting pretty rowdy and he slips over and splits his whole hand open, and yeah, and there was a lot of blood with shiny floors, and yeah.
Speaker 1: That is horrific. Did everybody sober up very quickly and go, yeah, I'm probably going to go home now.
Speaker 4: Well, the funniest thing was they didn't. People were just kind of there was a group that got covered together and sculpt the poor guy. But other people were like, oh, that's okay, he'll be all right.
Speaker 1: Laura, you sound I'm sorry to interrupt and digress, but you sound like Shelley Kraft. Can you say repeat after me? Hi, Scottie? Where he to judge the living rooms? Can you say.
Speaker 4: That Hi, Scottie working here to the living room.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, that is Shellycraft.
Speaker 2: Laura. We're going to send you a nutribullet flip as well. From Nutribullet, Let's finish with Steph. What's the worst thing you've seen at a Christmas party?
Speaker 7: So there was this one woman that whenever she got drunk, which was every Christmas party, she would kiss herself and I don't mean I don't mean like a little oops, a little bit came out, I mean way in her jean. And then she would be out on the denk like she wouldn't even she wouldn't even get in a cab. We would try to get her in a cab, but nobody wanted to deal with the Wii.
Speaker 1: Jeff, what sort of company was this? What industry?
Speaker 7: I don't I don't want to say it was a sporting club.
Speaker 1: I don't remember working at the sporting company. You the Chrissy Swan show. Let's go click in and Chrissy's click all right. Selena Gomez, she has said that she is too old for the pop star life at thirty two. Have a listen.
Speaker 6: I think I might be a little too old for the pop star life. Anymore. But I'm genuinely so happy to just be in this new era of my life and so excited to see what's you know, what's to come, because in a lot of ways, it's just the beginning for me.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So a couple of things here. First of all, she sat down with Sirsha Ronan. I've now that name, just nailed that, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's that actors on Actors series, right, They're pumping out a lot at the moment.
Speaker 1: It's such a great idea.
Speaker 2: Do they drop them all at the same time, because I feel like over the last week we talked about Paul Muskyle and someone else.
Speaker 1: They'd be crazy to drop them all at once. Surely stagger them by a day maybe, who knows in this era of binge consumer. Yeah, absolutely anyway, So it's a great series. But Selena sounds very tired. She does have another listen and think that she hasn't slept for two days.
Speaker 6: I think I might be a little too old for the pop star life.
Speaker 1: I mean, she sounds too tight for thirty two.
Speaker 2: And also, I don't like that comment.
Speaker 1: You don't like it? Why don't you like it?
Speaker 2: I don't like people. I mean, first of all, you're thirty two. That what a ridiculous thing to say. You're not fifty two. And even at fifty two, I think that's also a ridiculous thing to say. I think because I, from such a young age, have had such a wide range of friends in terms of their age, Like I don't like people stamping their age and being like, oh I'm too old for this now. Oh I'm too old to go to the club, too old to go to music festivals. No you're not. You're as old as you feel. Do what you want.
Speaker 1: I agree, I know what she means, but I think there's got to be a better way to say it than I'm too old.
Speaker 2: What do you think she means that, because like, look at like Katy Perry or Lady Guard.
Speaker 1: Say, you know, I don't don't don't find that pop star life fun anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've had enough of it.
Speaker 1: Because of course, your character and personality and likes and wants and dislikes always are evolving. That's what makes life interesting. But my dad said once, I think that was supposed to be when he turned seventy. So that's like, you know, fourteen years ago, I said to you, what can you tell me? What can you tell me? Thirty five years on?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And he's like, two things, never sell real estate. And two if you ever hear in your you know, if you ever say to yourself, oh I'm too old for that, you're.
Speaker 2: Not good advice mate, GA.
Speaker 1: That has really changed my life because you know Dad well, and I think his story was he was thirty seven and he was offered something and he's like, oh, I'm too old for that, and he looked back and he was like thirty seven of the baby maybe, how ridiculous. So yes, Selena, you are not too old for anything.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: Exciting news for fans of Ed Sheeran, of which I am. I love his you know, bassy heavy music stuff more than his sort of folksy ballads like.
Speaker 2: The pop radio stuff really does slap like love it, love it, love it.
Speaker 1: And my favorite song of his is Don't Really Love That. And I've got great news for people that love that sort of era of his Sheeron. He is going to release more of that. He has announced a return to and his phrase was.
Speaker 2: Big pop, oh good, So we're not going to get sad, like guitar strumming and like love songs.
Speaker 1: No no more you know, oh my childhood I broke my leg was very poor. None the Chrissy Swan Show. Oh yeah, Hey, I meant to ask you, Jack, how are you going with your Christmas shopping?
Speaker 2: I'm going pretty well. Like I've collect, I only buy for like in terms of the family Christmas Day, my immediate family.
Speaker 1: And when you say bye as a verb, is that like just the same as I put aside things I get for free that I can regift, which I think is a very noble cause I do it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a few things there. There's a few things there because I'm you know, I'm not about over consumption on this earth. And do you know how big my green thumb is? So yeah, there's nothing. There's nothing wrong with stashing a few things aside that I've been gifted.
Speaker 1: There absolutely is not. And your credit card will think.
Speaker 2: It will it will. That's what I've gone toping on.
Speaker 1: What's the best thing you've got in the in the collection?
Speaker 2: Like for free? Oh that's a really.
Speaker 1: Tough give on because often I know that you want to keep good.
Speaker 2: Stuff, a really beautiful fragrance from tique. I'm going to give to my sister.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I thought you're gonna say you're gonna give it to me, and I was like, I would love that.
Speaker 2: Would you? Yes, But you've got so many fragrances from our friends at price Line.
Speaker 1: I don't have that many, actually, don't you know?
Speaker 2: Well that's good, that's good for me to know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've got a lot of lip oil.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've got a massive show. And speaking of Priceline, Chrissy's Favorite Things returns for the second last time this year before four o'clock. Register via the Nova Player app. If you'd like to be gifted some amazing treats. You could also regift them and give them to other people in Christmas.
Speaker 1: Why would you want to?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't. Next, our second last bumbag will be given away in Chrissy's Quizzy, The.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show an Ultimate Bumbag Time Chrissy's Quizzy. Can Ultimate is such a specific word you can only use very rarely, so when I can use it, I do.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that about you. It's a good word.
Speaker 1: Hello Ashley, Hello, how are you? I'm good? How could you live just outside of Geelong in a town that's got a great, big mansion in it. No, you do. Have you seen that big mansion?
Speaker 6: Aha?
Speaker 1: I used to know who you lived there. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's the story Number one. Hello, Hell are we good?
Speaker 1: Mate? Have you done any Christmas shopping?
Speaker 2: Luke?
Speaker 7: That would be I'm organized that I am not?
Speaker 1: I know it's why is it so hard this year? Have you even got a list on your notes? App?
Speaker 7: I can't afford it, so no, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, don't do it today inside inside the bumbag Today, Ash and Luke, I am putting a three hundred dollars Minimax voucher. The Minimax Gift Guide is out now. Find the perfect presence for everyone on your Christmas list. Shop in store online at minimax dot com dot.
Speaker 1: How much to round the bucks? Okay? So that means that you can get fifteen of my spatulor off and then you've got everyone done and all those proceeds are then paid forward to food Bank. That's a win. Your names are your buzzes. It's the best of five, meaning the first person to get three answers quack wins the game and walk away with the bum bag and three hundred bucks to blow at Minimax. Question number one, Selena Gomes revealed she feels too old to be what these days actually Yes, Ash, Yes, she's done with the pop star last style.
Speaker 2: Question number two.
Speaker 1: I'm just getting going, if you know what I mean. Question number two, which bakery has a loyalty program called dog Getters? Yes, Luke, it is Baker's to Light. I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: Same. Do you know what I like? It's my Monday morning routine to stop by Bakers and I don't ever join dog Getters. I need to Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: I know that's crazy. It just made me because you actually get stuff that you want for free, like every time I go in there, like do you want your six rolls?
Speaker 2: I'm like, hell, yes absolutely. Question number three.
Speaker 1: Dion Warwick is celebrating her eighty fourth birthday to day, Oh my god, I love this woman. Can you just name one song? Can you name this song of hers?
Speaker 2: Breakdown and.
Speaker 1: Walk On?
Speaker 2: Luke?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's walk on, stop lok on. I love this sex bit. I just can't get over losing you. You can just see it, can't you? A little Deviled egg Cannopige. Question number four.
Speaker 2: This is for the win.
Speaker 1: Luke Ashgrove is a suburb in which Ossie City.
Speaker 2: I have a guess Luke, Yeah, Luke Melbourne.
Speaker 1: No Brizzi Great bruce Vegas.
Speaker 2: Question number five, I have a dream.
Speaker 1: He's a public speech that was delivered by who in nineteen sixty year.
Speaker 2: Sash It is alrighty. Question number six is for the win for either of you. It is a draw. Let's do this.
Speaker 1: What show did we first meet Abby Chatfield on Luke? Yes, Luke for the wine well the Bachelor. Yes, it's yours, darling, three hundred dollars, suspend the minimax.
Speaker 3: Well done there, Thank you and also thank you for the Christy Swan Show. For your generous over the last few years.
Speaker 7: You are amazing.
Speaker 2: No wonder what number one thank you is.
Speaker 1: That's made me a little emotional.
Speaker 2: You're so kind, it's very kind. Did Tom ask you to say that, Luke? He did not. That's very kind. Yeah. Sweeping statements are up next the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Shush edit, Elton, sh he's my sweeping statement. Go to hell, both of you. You're listening to the Christy Swan show ful sweeping statements, not even because of that song.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I heard Meltressina earlier saying, oh, it's divisive. Some people love it, some people don't like it. I'm not mad on the Christmas carols, but anyone, No, it's on a bing Crosbie girl. I'm even daggier than anything.
Speaker 2: I tend to agree with you around Christmas time. Let's leave it to the daggy vibes. We don't need Taylor doing Christmas songs. We don't need Air doing Christmas song.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, we do need to.
Speaker 2: We don't. There's a song that I heard her singing the other day for Christmas and it really made me even more of an ifty. Alrighty, we're asking for your sweeping statements for the last time in twenty twenty four thirteen, twenty four to ten. Swany, what is your final unpopular opinion for the year.
Speaker 1: Now? There is much to love about Christmas, much so much, and I really had to think about what is my favorite thing about it? And I don't think too many people are going to agree with me. Okay, the greatest thing about Christmas is not the gift giving. It is the Christmas Tree, none of that. The best thing about it.
Speaker 2: Is getting drunk with your family.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. Fuck used to do though, and that was fun. The greatest thing about Christmas is the agency and acceptance of eating a packet of short bread and a handful of scorched dilmonds straight from the cadbridge are for breakfast.
Speaker 2: You and my housemate are the same person.
Speaker 1: It's the only time of year I do it. And as I was chowing down on those little butter fingers yesterday, I thought, what did I do this more often? Is my favorite thing?
Speaker 2: I mean, that is an unpopular opinion that it's the best thing, But it is the best thing. It is the best I could think of several other.
Speaker 1: True we do love a person you eat it all the time of Christmas? What's wrong with us?
Speaker 2: How weird? My sweeping statement is also Christmas related, And it's funny that you brought it up at the opening of the three o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it is completely acceptable and okay to regift.
Speaker 1: I do too, But you're right, it is an unpopular opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't like it and think it's rude. I think it's so fine.
Speaker 1: Who is it rude to? I think, is it rude to the person that gave it? To you originally, or is it rude to the person that you're giving it to.
Speaker 2: I think it's more offensive to the person you're giving it too, because you know how you are an incredible gift giver, Like it isn't a proper talent of yours. Yea, you put so much thought into that, so I think people get offended by it. But I will regift with thought like I'm still from a selection.
Speaker 1: I just realized something. What so I regift stuff all the time, but never on an occasion.
Speaker 2: You just do it to be nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, if I bring some in for you or for tom, I give it to you with for no reason, but for your birthday and for Christmas. I couldn't do that. I could never regift. I couldn't. I've just realized there's the caveat.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely an occasional regift. Merry Christmas to my family for the last time this year. What is your sweeping statement? Your unpopular opinions?
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan shows did this Swan's sweeping statements the most unpopular opinion? It's almost it almost scares you to say it out loud. Emma, what is yours? Emma? Are you going to hurt some feelings? Are you going to break some hearts with you?
Speaker 2: Hello? Hi?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 5: I think parents with PRAM shouldn't have the same parking spots as disabled people.
Speaker 1: All right, Ema, let's unpack this. I've got a couple of questions for you. Do you have any small children?
Speaker 2: I do have me for.
Speaker 7: Now, But I think if they're in a PRAM, you can walk further and push them.
Speaker 2: Emma, you're great. So you're you're talking about when you go to shopping centers and it's like there's three reserved spots next to the disabled spots for people with prams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, why can't they walk further?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I tell you what. I probably would have agreed with you until I had a kid that was losing their mind and I had to get them back to the car asap. And then I would have liked one.
Speaker 2: Right at the door, and you didn't have one.
Speaker 1: No, And then I realized that even and then from that point on, I never took my kids anywhere, never took my kids to the shopping center, but I still had the baby seed in so I would park there and amazing. So do you hate me, Emma?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: I think that's funny.
Speaker 2: I never emma, Priceline Pharmacy voucher for you.
Speaker 5: Hello, they're beck, oh, hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: It last night? Guess what I had for dinner?
Speaker 5: I've got no idea hamburgers?
Speaker 1: Hamburgers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you know what that was? That's my statement. Hamburgers are the most nutritious meals.
Speaker 1: I agree. Take us through the reasons.
Speaker 5: Why, oh so obvious. You've got calcium from your cheese. Yes, You've got your carbohydrates from the bun. Correct, You've got your protein, the protein. You've got your greens from the lettuce.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the pickles just quietly.
Speaker 5: And the pickle and sometimes you even got tomato in there. So it's a completely dumnced meal.
Speaker 2: I agree that what if I'm shredding and I don't want the carb, well, you.
Speaker 1: Could have one of those depressing lose the will to live? Let us leave ones.
Speaker 2: I guess Priceline Pharmacy voucher up for your sweeping statement?
Speaker 1: You make my homemade qpeas jack your homemade water pounders qp oh yes, yeah, yeah so good? Hello did cheese? Hello?
Speaker 5: Friend?
Speaker 1: Telling what is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 5: I think anyone that wears their own shoes in their own house. Is just a loser?
Speaker 6: Well serial killer?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so you've just called me friend and loser and serial killer in one conversation date.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Chrissy, you don't be that perfect.
Speaker 1: I do because I don't like the feeling of floor on my foe.
Speaker 2: But do you wear shoes on your carpeted the carpet parts of your house?
Speaker 1: I don't have a lot of carpet.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I find that proper crook take your shoes off if you're walking.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't take my shoes off to walk like into PEG's maroon.
Speaker 2: Is that carpeted?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: You should?
Speaker 1: You joking? Minute? In a minute, Dan Jack? What so if I'm like, I've been home for hours, I've cooked dinner, everything, I've got my shoes on on timber, Yes, and then I'm folding clothes and yeah, you're getting the right impression. I am the housekeeper. And then I'm carrying clean washing into PEG's room, which has carpet. I slip my shoes off before I go into.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, I find I find it weird to have my shoe on a carpet.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 7: Is that what I should you need to take them off at the front door.
Speaker 4: Christie, be at home and be in your house and let your bare feet touch your floorboards. You feel so much better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, I have an indoor Birkenstock. D I sound like, but like I do for you, D.
Speaker 1: But that's a very interesting conversation. I did not know about that. No, I didn't. I was raised by wolves. Hello, Linda, Hi, what is the tackiest thing that you are saying around your suburb?
Speaker 4: Anyone with a giant inflatable Santa in the yard?
Speaker 7: Total you have?
Speaker 1: You have Jack's permission to get a bow and arrow and just go vigilante in your suburb and just shoot them down.
Speaker 2: Linda, go in like Piers.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I needed permission. I needed validation.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. Let's take a perusa around my favorite things.
Speaker 2: A prostline, pharmacy, Christmas has never felt better. They've got everything you need, feel great. Celebrate is Chrissy's favorite things.
Speaker 1: Anyone that knows and loves me is listening. I want one of those, you know Mandolins for your feet. I'm not mandolin.
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: What a microplane? You know, the microplane that you zest your Lemons with there's a foot version that's much rougher.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about. What a terrible gift. That's an as like you should just buy that for yourself and then tell me another gift you want. I'll get you something different. I just feel like that's I would be sad if someone gave that to you as a present.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, fair enough, fair enough, I'm yes, I'm better than that.
Speaker 2: You're right, you're better than that, Jody.
Speaker 1: Are you better than that?
Speaker 6: I sure am?
Speaker 7: And I do not want a mandoline for my feet hah ha.
Speaker 1: Well, the good news for you is, Jody, I do not have a mandolin here or even a micro playing here. I have got an unbelievable pack for you with your name on it, Jody from Priceline.
Speaker 5: Amazing, amazing, so excited.
Speaker 1: And it is redeemable at Clear Skincare. So you're going to make an appointment and you're going to take the afternoon off and you're going to have microderma brasion. Isn't that right, Jack?
Speaker 2: It's like one of my favorite treatments to get done, Jody. Have you had it done before?
Speaker 3: Only once?
Speaker 7: But I need it.
Speaker 3: I need it I have dry skin and rosasia, so we need to get a layer off.
Speaker 1: Oh actually this is going to be really good for you. Yep, yep, absolutely, so you are off. That's Johndred fifty bucks to spend a clear skin care. Well done.
Speaker 2: Yes, we love a screamer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been called that.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas, Jody and we will be playing Chrissy's Favorite Things for the final time tomorrow. Registered by the overplayer app.
Speaker 1: Chrissy swansh a little nonsense Harry style song that I'm loving at the moment. He's just like a stream of conscience nonsense. He'll know it. It goes like boiled eggs, rice, television history and crossing.
Speaker 2: Wait, music from a sushi trained just like.
Speaker 1: A whole lot of different words.
Speaker 2: I love it. It's great.
Speaker 1: It's utter nonsense. You almost thinking to the Christy swantra, which is also nonsense. Let' to do this.
Speaker 2: Chrissy's clique.
Speaker 1: Kim Kardashian's got a new boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Who is it.
Speaker 1: No one's allowed to know. He's a realtor, as they say, he's a real and he's not in the public eye. Ask how does she find the time and how can she be bothered.
Speaker 2: Well, she does have quite a real estate profile, like of houses that she's been building and renovating, so she's probably met a dude through that stuff she does.
Speaker 1: She's got I like that she's got hobbies. There used to be a big question in the nineties, Jack, what are your hobby?
Speaker 2: Remember I've said, as a sweeping statement, that is my most hated question. I don't have any What's my hobby? Drinking? Going out for dinner? Go away?
Speaker 1: He seems Kim's hobby is freeing people from jail. Yes, and buying real.
Speaker 2: Estate and studying to be a lawyer.
Speaker 1: She's pretty amazing, isn't she is. I wonder who this guy is. Do you think he'll have to sign something to make him go on the show?
Speaker 2: I don't think No. I don't think she'll ever bring a partner onto the show again.
Speaker 1: No, And I think Kylie has made that very very good.
Speaker 2: Yes, well it's a smart decision.
Speaker 1: Also in Romance News, we talked earlier about Selena Gomez, who says she's too old to be a pop star at thirty two, not too old to get engaged. She's just posted a photograph of a giant diamond that is a rock. Maybe it's a cubic zir Conia. Who knows, honestly, though, who knows?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: How do you know? What's your thoughts on Bennie Banko.
Speaker 1: I don't really know anything about him. I know that there was beef between those two earlier, and they've turned it around an opposite s attract sort of situation.
Speaker 2: It seems quite like a fun, quirky dude. He kind of gives me Pete Davidson energy.
Speaker 1: He does. I think he would smell like cheese, do you know what I mean? Or like an organic yogurt. Yes, yep, I think there's that sort of thing going on there. Not my cup of tea. But Selena, go fill your boots, baby. Let's talk Jim Carrey. He's one of my favorite actors. But I like it when he's serious. He's the best when he's serious. Yeah, And I was sad a few years ago when he was doing the red carpet for the Sonic two Sonic the Hedgehog two that he said, I you know, you never hear an actor say this. I've got enough, i have enough. I'm going to retire. Well, write me down with a feather. He's been snapped at the Red Carpet again for Sonic three. And here's why.
Speaker 6: I came back to this universe, because first of all, I get to play a genius, which is a bit of a stretch.
Speaker 2: And I bought a lot of stuff and I need the money. Frankly, that's got to be a gag, just one not well delivered, feels.
Speaker 1: You can hear in his voice the shame, Yeah, the shame of it, because in the contract would be if you're going to do this, boys, you've got to do the Red Carpet. You've got to answer questions. And he was, but I top for everybody that I was going away. And then now he's here in his back.
Speaker 2: Walking down that red carpet at his age, right at sixty two. He must rock up to those premirees and just be like, oh God, why did I say?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I know, But why did he.
Speaker 2: Why I could talk to twenty two reporters.
Speaker 1: Why the second one? Was he financially secure? And then all of a sudden he has to do Sonic the Hedge.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's like real discovered the Greyhounds later in life and spent too much money.
Speaker 1: Punch do you feel like there's a drug dep check you.
Speaker 2: What an allegation? Hey, that's us done for our Thursday. Ricky, Lee, Tim and Joel are up next with their final quick draw for twenty twenty four and I hear it's a pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Give good bye, Jack. Make sure that you are fresh for our last show to mind.
Speaker 2: I will swannye check this up.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to Novo podcast or comes are you