Speaker 1: Better than the lego better and Welcome to The John's Family Podcast for this week, people, I hope you're all doing well. It's been it's been beautiful weather, Trisha, I've said numerous times, can you wait for the official welcoming?
Speaker 2: And why are you so negative? Glass half?
Speaker 1: Let me do an opening monologue. When you hear Ray Hadley start to show it towards an opening modelogue.
Speaker 2: But he's successful. People, listen, Ay.
Speaker 1: That's true. Hey, guys, just give me a break. Welcome to The John's Family Podcast. People. I hope you're having a good one. I hope your week's been good. Hasn't the weather been delightful? It is truly the best time of the year. Would you define it as winter yet? Well, it doesn't. It does feel like winter, particularly when you throw yourself in the water. It's just that little pinch in there, a real fresh and it makes you feel great. But no, no, I hope you're doing well, you and and your family. Let me produce mine Jack John's welcome.
Speaker 3: That's the start.
Speaker 1: Copper.
Speaker 2: Hello, how are you Cooper?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A little lost without us now, ain't Hey?
Speaker 1: Trish? How are you?
Speaker 4: Matt? It is freaking winters officially just turned the winter as the July.
Speaker 2: It's cold, freezing this morning, it's it's lovely. Yeah. I think this week on Wednesday was the coldest day in Sydney it's been all year, and the coldestain in Melbourne as well.
Speaker 1: Fact really yeah, right, as we're starting to move into the winter months, as we start to move towards July, which is the peak of winter, I imagine it will get colder.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 2: Leave the weather to jack all this content down just so I can just Yeah, I was out in Pendrith early in the week and there was like, I don't know if it was snow. I'm not going to say it was snow.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Allege what that powder was on the grass, but it was. It was white and.
Speaker 1: It was cold. Intracs inthractx anthrax atras anthracs. What's that.
Speaker 4: It's a disease.
Speaker 1: It's a No, it's like a chemical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's a biochemical like asbestos.
Speaker 1: No, no, not quite, but it it can kill. And what people did for a while, they're about twenty years ago, people were sending to each other and mail. Remember there was some weird Lord always said it's I always took my time, made Trish open all my fan mail. Do you want to open it like a three pieces?
Speaker 2: Matthew. We had a big We had a big chat about Rob Schneider last week when we recorded last week we were about to go to his live show. I want to get your impressions of it, because you and Rob struck up an amazing connection out of the live show.
Speaker 1: Didn't you?
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: And he actually came on the Late Show on Thursday night? Did he remember too?
Speaker 3: Didn't?
Speaker 1: He came on as well. He gave his little started with a little insight into Nico with Nico Hein's conversion of Sideline. He goes, wow, what about that her? That the kick that the guy had to kick to square up the game? He said, that was a tough one. Maybe he should give it, be given another chance. And I said, not a bad passing on to mister Valand but I thought the live show was fantastic.
Speaker 4: He was hilarious. On my face was aching. I was laughing so much. Do you think clever?
Speaker 3: Do you think Rock schne I could do the like the Maddy Nable intro for Fox?
Speaker 1: Look at that?
Speaker 3: How do you do the little Harry Grant look? At that little Harry Grant.
Speaker 1: He would it would be very good for a naughty one. But he goes and here is Harry Grant. He's just got to believe in himself. Round stiffed on a tagline, Harry Grant, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A lot of his stand up was not but I was based around impersonations, like he can change his voice clever yea, yeah, yeah, he's got a He's got a wide range of impersonations. Does a good Spanish accent when he impersonates his wife. Mexican, Yeah, the Mexican.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Italians. I loved his Italian impersonation. From his visit with the family to Bennett, I was crying, I've seen that guy. I swear to God, did you I did, Cooper?
Speaker 1: I did you have the guy at Venice when we arrived with Venice and Venice was sinking by the way, was knee deep of water, and we've got all these heavy bags we pull up in the boat.
Speaker 5: He took this.
Speaker 1: Morning, he walked. He comes along, goes, eh, what what are you doing? John's yes, And I said, okay. Anyway, he just leans down and gets the smallest.
Speaker 2: Bag and we're all just lugging. Yeah, but he also gave you your ninety seven jersey back.
Speaker 3: It wasn't. We've been found people have actually spotted it wasn't his ninety seven.
Speaker 1: I think nine.
Speaker 2: He correct me out. I love that Rob was advertising. Maddie John gave me the ninety seven championship jersey that he wore in the Grand Final, and then some Novocastrian fans due to the sponsors on the jersey, realized it was actually the ninety nine jo As opposed to impulse.
Speaker 1: I just went through the keeper.
Speaker 2: I love that they were quick.
Speaker 4: I had to switch. I love change.
Speaker 2: Love that when you gave it to him, you must have said this is you must have said this is the jersey.
Speaker 1: I think I said, look, I'll defend myself. I think I said championship winning team.
Speaker 2: What about where he kept it?
Speaker 4: I know that's what impressions tell.
Speaker 1: Us about that, you guys, because people think I'm bullshitting.
Speaker 4: He was saying that he was up behind his part because it is in pristine conditions. It's very good up behind his bar at home, in between Joe Montana and Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Jersey will be going, okay, Rob, Michael Jordan's Maddie John John Montana. Okay, who's the game in the middle.
Speaker 3: He actually gave the jersey a wrap. He said it actually looked quite aesthetically pleasing in his in his sports room, I think he called it, or his games room.
Speaker 4: Very nice man, very nice. Beautiful skin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plump, flawless.
Speaker 4: That is all even tone a.
Speaker 1: Tip about because he was going to New Zealand after the show, and I said, when you get on stage, because you've got when you get a new city, you got to strike up a bit of a.
Speaker 4: Rapport with the people, something relevant to that spot.
Speaker 1: So when Springsteen goes to a town or a country, he will sing a song that is synonymous with the city he's in, all the country is in. Hence, when he comes to Australia, he's done Friday in my mind, the EA Street pant just like Firewood. So yeah, so what I said, when you go to New Zealand, just go up on stage and go up the wars.
Speaker 2: Did you do it?
Speaker 1: He texted me on the Sunday and said, great advice.
Speaker 4: Oh really, they loved it.
Speaker 1: It went crazy.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I thought they would have loved that. Hey, Jack, we need.
Speaker 4: To get the family photo. Oh, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Have to text me right now?
Speaker 1: What's doing on your recond Hey?
Speaker 2: Rob, how are you?
Speaker 1: What's doing in the middle of the shirt? Well, guess what I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack, why don't you tell the listeners? Me and you had a We spoke about it. We're going up to the Mick Fanning charity golf day last week. Yeah, we did, which was a lot of fun. I mean, it was all in the name of charity, so it was pretty It was pretty good. But isn't it I love that their mentality is I heard someone say it in an interview. If you're going to do something for charity, you've got to have fun while you're doing it.
Speaker 1: So true.
Speaker 2: And jeez, wasn't it a fun day we had?
Speaker 3: We were very lucky to I think we had a We went with the Matt Huey's boys and they let us stay stay at their place for a couple of nights.
Speaker 2: Sewan and Dino shout out.
Speaker 4: To s Hey you boys, thanks for looking after my boys. Are they fishing gear?
Speaker 2: So there is fishing. They started as like a fisherman's fisherman brand, Yeah, but now they're like boardies and just about everything.
Speaker 3: They do some pretty like hardcore stuff. Sean was telling us that like they you know, they link up with like the Nitro Circus crews and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It was some pretty hard cool stuff.
Speaker 3: Like he was showing his videos of it might have been a couple of years ago where they're they're pulling in some massive fish. It wasn't like a dangerous like a source of like a tuna and as they've like tied it out after an hour of fighting it and then they just like one of them just got nude and just jumped on the back and was riding it in the water.
Speaker 2: And they pulled it in. They reeled him in, and he described it as when he got reeled into the boat, it was like a newborn baby being born, like he kind of splashed on with the tuna and started flapping around on the on the boat. But he spoke about Travis Pastrana and the Nitro Circus guys, so he's been to they've stayed at Pastrana Land because because they're like the Australian kind of like he's jumped in the water in the ocean with a shark and like kind of wrestled with them and that's how they blew up on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Is that like Neverland Ranch.
Speaker 2: It's like that, but like for adults. So they are so he said, there's just like motorcycle ramps everywhere. He said, literally out the front of his bedroom. Travis Pana gets up straight on like a motorbike and there's just like a course right outside of his window. And they said some of the stuff they got up to there. There's just tracks everywhere for them to go dirt biking. There's all there's bikes everywhere in like these huge shipping containers, like thousands of bikes. He said that the nicest dudes.
Speaker 3: Hue He's got the hues cure was unreal. We had a few beers of them the night before the the golf day at their their warehouse, and then he went to the Boulter event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for Mick Fanning's birthday. Yeah, his birthday at the same time.
Speaker 3: And then we got up with plenty of people up there. There's lots of Rugby League Camceerreldo, all lots coaches up there.
Speaker 2: Wait, Graham, that was.
Speaker 1: What that was, Waiter. Because Wade Waydo is a bit of a secret party animal. Wado's very unassuming. He's a great guy. But he can really lock in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah he was. He was, yeah talking about locking in. He was extremely the two most locked in people up there. We saw plenty of probably Wade Graham followed or not followed. They were probably on the same wave length Chris Lynn.
Speaker 1: I'd say Lenny was a head ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah. T twenty cricketer played for the Brisbane Heat. Now he's over at Adelaide.
Speaker 4: Great fella Australian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's Ossie. He's a Queen's massive rugby league man. Loves the Broncosh and loves North' Devils. That's his favorite team, which is the reserve grade for the Broncos. I actually played up there a semi final a couple of years back, and I remember he was blind on the hill yelling abuse at me from a kickoff. I looked back and I went, that's Bloody crys Lyne.
Speaker 3: He's champion fellow too, knows his rugby league well, obviously not that well, because he actually walked into the Huey's warehouse saw me and went mate, I was just watching three sixty and I saw a replay. Aren't you playing the Panthers this Sunday said, so Learney, they must have been a replay from last year. I'm actually not playing anywhere, but no, we had a lot of fun. He was good value and our whole team like the Huey set up too, like every every hole is sponsored by some sort of brand, and they had I think it was whole for fourteen coop and they just set it set it up like an old Western saloon and people were just walking into the saloon then teeing off right at.
Speaker 1: The back of it.
Speaker 3: People had whips there, they were dressed up.
Speaker 2: They so you had to walk through the saloon doors and the hole was on the opposite side of the saloon, but like through to get through, they had cowboy boots. Had to do a shoey out of it. Yeah yeah, And then I remember Fatty was up there. Fatty Ball was heady, did his friend show. He did a shoey and then spat it on him. But just they got the amount of people they got doing a shoey because I thought, yeah, yeah, we've done a few. Out of the aden holes. I think we hit probably ten, and then after the tenth hole, Linny could barely see the ball anymore. We all went, let's just go to the match. We just sat there. But also there's another shout out Jack Glenn Robbins Russell Koyd who he also played the guy on Katherine Kim that was his characters something Dan. So we the running joke was like who was going to say hi to him first?
Speaker 1: It became like a bit of.
Speaker 3: Like a yeah, it was a bit of a running joke, like we saw him there at the Boulter event and like many people like tapping each other like just like it was We're probably the person there that was like it just hit us like where it hurts, like it right where we needed to, you know.
Speaker 2: But Jack, tell why don't you tell Dad and Mum what happened to you? Because we didn't. We missed him basically the whole time. Every time we kind of walked past, and we missed our opportunity to say, I'll get a glen, but we'll.
Speaker 3: Just shipping ourselves.
Speaker 2: Really at the end of the day, we just completely sh Jack came face one on one with him at one stage and couldn't sort of avoid and had to engage, and Jack embarrassed himself pretty bad. He right at the end of the event of the day, it would have been like seven o'clock at night and I was walking past the poky area at the golf club.
Speaker 3: In there and he was just beeline bleelining, like almost threw me. So he's going behind me and I just looked at him and like, because we we built it up so much, I just shipped myself and said, oh, you're a legend. He just he just goes, yeah, mate, And I was just like, ah, fuck, Like I've spent the last two days with the Cooper trying to work up the courage, and I copped a year mate and just continued, do you know what?
Speaker 4: That introduced me to him years ago at a ten this event, and I was a bit underwhelmed.
Speaker 1: Glen Robins, he's a very because like a lot of like he's a naturally funny guy, but he's pretty straight. Started on his brother used to be a chef in the Haunta Valley.
Speaker 4: Really, you know, I was underwhelmed. I'm allowed to be underwhelmed, but he was underwhelming.
Speaker 1: What were you like it?
Speaker 2: What did you expect him to be like a monkey at the circus but you just wanted to be funny a little more respect.
Speaker 1: Maybe someone's put herself on a pedestal.
Speaker 4: I don't even think he said Hi. It was like a he was very underwhelming.
Speaker 2: Oh mate, he's not even need to offend himself.
Speaker 4: Disappointing.
Speaker 3: I'm just disappointed brother of Tony.
Speaker 4: I'm just disappointed that.
Speaker 1: Made those charity events. Remember trice years ago when Jack Newton used to have his one up, but.
Speaker 4: I think he has a different place.
Speaker 1: Still got that course and then he ended up doing incessant because.
Speaker 2: Clintonton was there as well, son of Jack Newton, was given you a big raptorsh Yeah, he said, oh how's your mum?
Speaker 1: He goes.
Speaker 3: Mate. A few years ago, I was chatter at a few stuff, a few things.
Speaker 2: Gesu's across it.
Speaker 3: I said, yeah, she's across it.
Speaker 1: He didn't mention me because I was putting a bit of shit on him during the row. Anyway, that's all right, goes.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't mention you.
Speaker 1: Can.
Speaker 2: I just touch on a quick story I read today justin Timberlake was arrested in America.
Speaker 1: For do you I put your microphones out for him.
Speaker 4: It's not worth it in any situation. You can even not be at fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, no, I'm not arguing with it.
Speaker 1: Don't hurt someone, not a fault as so as you didn't want to drink or someone forced in your mouth or originally if there was an accident.
Speaker 2: Of course, do you think question, do you think there's ever been a time, Dad, where you've maybe been over the limit like the next morning and had to drive.
Speaker 4: Or not people get caught nowadays.
Speaker 1: Back of the day, trish that that was a big misconception, maybe like in the in the early nineties, and that you you'd have like a fall sleep, can you wake up and go should be to drive? God knows if you're going to if you've been over back then, probably, But I put it this way, I have never consciously driven over No, no, no.
Speaker 2: But what I've done is I've just gone. And I've researched a couple other celebrities who have been done for d u I and some funny stories of lost. So that kid from the sixth Sense, the one that could see dead people kid great, that was in ninety nine, two thousands. In two thousand and six, he was arrested a drink driving after crashing into his own mailbox, so obviously he broke a rib. It must have been a big mailbox, and was also found in possession of marijuana. Oh yeah, so the sixth cent obviously all of his senses.
Speaker 1: He was more thinking.
Speaker 3: He was more recently in the Entourage movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he was the he was the.
Speaker 3: Billionaire's son that was trying to change screw the movie up. His eyes looked to it looked like the way too close to his shark eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A good actor he was convincing back in the day. Yeah, beautiful, played beautifully off. Bruce Willis. Didn't steal the show, just complimented.
Speaker 2: No, no, I think he might have won an award for it. That doing good. Michael Floyd. It was an NFL player, So this is my favorite one. He actually pulled up at the traffic lights and then the traffic lights went through two separate rotations, and he didn't move. The cops pulled up next to him and realized he'd fallen asleep at the wheel with his mouth wide open. So they woke him up and we're trying to get him to exit, but he couldn't get out of the vehicle. So when they breathalyzed him and he blew like three times of a limit or something like that.
Speaker 4: Can I just say I read that article about justin Timulate he has refused a breath lizer. So in America apparently you can refuse. He didn't pass the sobrietary test, which is where they get you to walk. It's a whole different set of standards over there. But you can refuse a breath liser. I don't think you can refuse it here.
Speaker 1: You can, but you are charged.
Speaker 4: Okay, well he's been charged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay again, you can fuse, but you'll.
Speaker 4: Be charged automatically.
Speaker 1: Get there and I say no, come on to blow into it and they'll know and I can't. I can't say. If you don't do it, we're going to charge you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the same with like drug testing asata in the NRL or any sport. If you if you say, you can say no, but then you're instantly guilty.
Speaker 4: Is it the assumption that then you are there's.
Speaker 2: Assumption that there is something in your piss anymore. The last one.
Speaker 1: That's how they can catch you if you run.
Speaker 4: There was a story about one player that did run ran over the fence, So I ran over there.
Speaker 2: There was another story about a player who just continually swam until until just because you like the pose, so just kept swimming, just kept swimming, sweating it out, pissing continually into the pool, so that hopefully by the end of the day the urine was all that little tip the kids out there.
Speaker 1: The original one used to be when it first came out, and the blood. The drug testers didn't have to stand in front of the athletes, so a lot of the footballer is back in the day. They there and they have a swig of beer and just spit it in there because because it wasn't just trying to cheat it. What it was was a pain in the ass. You get you you get to the end of ating, you get to the end of eighty minutes and you're dehydrated, and they sat you got to you can stand there for an hour.
Speaker 4: Otris honestly, I'd be standing out the front of the dressing rooms waiting for him. Would be the last people there. And Matt was still trying to peek after a.
Speaker 3: Game too, like you're so dehydrated, it's so hard, Like it has to be a certain pH as well. You can't have temperature, yeah, in temperature like it has to so it's well, yeah, these and they look at you, they look they just stare at you. Old fellows, just looking at you, look at your old fellas.
Speaker 1: And the same old blake got me in just about every single time. And my last yever game for the club, I'm walking off the field and now it was the last training run ever before my last game. It was a semi final. I didn't know it was going to be the last game, but I thought this is probably the last time ever going to be drug tested. So I walked in anyway I needed. It was only a training session. Are urinated right to the the glass and he was like, stop, that's enough, stop, stop stop. I kept doing it and he we just looked at each other and I said, you know what, I said. You have driven me mad for the last six seven years, so now every time you do one of these drug tests, you're going to think of me. And I scowled the urine up until about the amount that I had not Yes, what, it's a well known story. I've told it numerous times.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: He just stared at me, and then, when are you going to have to do it again? I said, no, no, I've left enough for the urine sample. He said, you have?
Speaker 2: I thought, I thought that, drink it and then spit it all over nah, I would never do that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's hard cool man.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: That'll get I'll tell you right now, that's a clip.
Speaker 3: I do have a couple of things that had happened more recently at the pop culture side of things as well. I thought i'd double down this week on it. They're looking at a Robb Loo biopic. Don't really know how interesting it would be, but he's requested that Zach Effron playing. Can you request request someone really good looking to play you?
Speaker 4: I mean he was pretty good looking in the day.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Roblow and Zach Efron look quite similar now.
Speaker 1: No, ro had two finer features.
Speaker 4: He was almost pretty.
Speaker 1: Bob was almost pretty. Yeah, but that's a that's an interesting one if you can. I suppose if you make the movie, and you're the producer and you're the director, you get I want to pick? Who would I pick?
Speaker 2: Danny Devitoberg? Yeah, Mark could do yours.
Speaker 1: Trush to request Tom Hardy You've got.
Speaker 4: That rugged face.
Speaker 2: How would you do, Trish?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: Come on about Sidney Crawford. Now you know what I reckon? Victoria Beckham, there you go make it a cabaret.
Speaker 2: I could see that really Yeah? It Ron Schneider with a wig.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you want? What you really really want? Jack?
Speaker 4: What about depicting my funny side?
Speaker 2: Because you got Jack, because you got that that look. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. I reckon Taylor Lawtner, the guy that played the wolf.
Speaker 1: Oken Jack could almost be Tom Hardy, Your Tom? Give me Tom Cruise.
Speaker 4: Is too short?
Speaker 3: Who would predict Jack Denzil?
Speaker 4: I love del to what pretty old you think about Jack?
Speaker 1: I'll think about Cooper? Who could Coop be your one of one of two people? One is Sean Penn No, not true, and the other one, the other one is a guy who plays the guy who's on the bear? Who is he could play the guy Carmine off the bear?
Speaker 4: Is that the brother?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or the cousin?
Speaker 2: I want that guy, He's the main show.
Speaker 3: I wonder what feature made you think of that?
Speaker 2: Is that funny? Both two actors who have some like renowned. It's funny because when I knew he was going to say when I said, I knew he was going to pick Sean pen When we're in Japan, me and my friend and Trish Harry Haywood. We went and got like one of those cartoonist pictures of us, and that was in Kyoto, in Kyoto, which is Japan. Thank you. They drew it and they made my nose hue.
Speaker 4: I know that was the whole He.
Speaker 2: Kept saying, you looked just like Sean Penn. He did, and then for like and then after that I took it really badly. I didn't take it as you do. Yeah, Harry still calls me Sean Pen and then like if we're ever on the piece of department, I'm talking to someone, Heyward will come up with the picture and show everyone my massive nose.
Speaker 1: Hey do you see?
Speaker 3: Also, they they're looking at rebooting parts of the Caribbean and obviously Johnny.
Speaker 4: Depp didn't watch it the first time.
Speaker 2: It's good. It's a good series.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Johnny Depp after the heard misdemeanor and backing him, he's he said there's no chance that he will reprise his role ever again as Captain Jack. They're saying it they him n't back him through that, So he's not going to take any money to work with them, apparently, but they're looking Austin Butler to play Captain Jack. Do you think, who do you think could play him?
Speaker 2: I got one in mind right now. Who I would love to see you might be a bit old Robert Downey Jr. Boom.
Speaker 1: He can do it really good too.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see Keith Richards playing because in it he plays his father, his brother or father in it. A third one, Yeah, yeah, he's in.
Speaker 1: Johnny Johnny Depp. When he sat there and said, Okay, what's Jack Sparrow going to look like? He copied the look directly off.
Speaker 3: He said that.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Allen White. By the way, you know what, Jack, I think you're Christian Bale. Oh, well done.
Speaker 4: That's a great one.
Speaker 1: I think that you look very similar in the face, sweet and Trish for you, I thought you really Phoenix, I'm serious, there are there are some startling.
Speaker 2: Does there have to be a guy? Was Trisha is always a guy?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, you know, I'm just I'm just picking up the similarities. So what else is going on?
Speaker 2: Fairly, m Trush?
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm going to talk now. I didn't have a lot going on. Although I go to Platis and all the most of the instructions are breeding in so there's often little lots in translation issues. And I was talking to my plati's instructure, Louisa, and I said, Louisa, like, what are some of the funny things that happened? She said, Well, a girlfriend of mine, she said, she was going out with this Australian guy and they were meant to be going to his mother's for dinner, but he went to the pub in the afternoon and came home really drunk. So she rings and passes out. But she rings the mu and says, we cannot come for dinner. Your son here has passed away. And the mother goes, what your son, he's passed away. He's on the floor. I shake him, I tried to wake him. I cannot wake him. He has passed away, so we cannot comfort. Do you not say it?
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I didn't know what board had to do with it.
Speaker 2: Was it a joke?
Speaker 4: Was it real?
Speaker 1: No, it's real.
Speaker 4: Actually it is lost in translation. So just but by omitting or changing one wound instead of saying passed out.
Speaker 2: She said, we get we get it.
Speaker 1: It just wasn't the second one you made that silly that's it. Don't say funny story.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 1: You mentioned one the other day a mother of four found dead inside the pythons Indonesia. I know, how did it swallow the dishwasher as well?
Speaker 4: How bad is that though? Like, because we're always talking about the Komodo dragon just eating people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think when the Commodo dragon eats, it dissolves it as it eats.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, yeah, this woman was found.
Speaker 2: That's what pythons do. They don't chew you. They swallow you, so you're alive in there.
Speaker 4: Well at which.
Speaker 1: Would be a bad way to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I think that slow, painful death sounds kind of nice.
Speaker 1: Crock put under. How would you die beaten up in a doser? How would you die?
Speaker 4: Suffocation?
Speaker 1: What it does before it swallows you, It actually strangles you and then swallows it strangles you first.
Speaker 4: That's awful. Big must that python be? Though? They just extend their mouths.
Speaker 3: They're pretty, they're pretty like they expand quite great Python experts.
Speaker 1: Rather one week, snakes the next, reptiles the next.
Speaker 4: I've got something else for you. Know how we were talking about I think Jack, you said, as you were flying into somewhere in Europe, you saw all the offshore the federal government's proposing them for the ill Warra region.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what the effect of that is. I mean what it has to have.
Speaker 4: Well, the people of the area are complaining because they're going it's going to interfere with nature like the because you know how I was asking that the choildren's sixty eight feet tall. Yeah, so, and there's a number of them right ale on the coastline. But apparently they're fixed at the bottom of the ocean with cables. So they're worrying about wildlife and marine life getting caught up in that, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which does anyone have an opinion on that? Yeah, I sort of do. I think they're going to be very very careful. I think it'd affect the ocean floor as well, so.
Speaker 4: Specific affect the ocean floor.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is you just don't know. I think you can have the same if it's going to be that If it's going to be that tool to secure it two hundred sixty eight feet tall to be secured at the nearly you're drilling that far under, and that affects fracking things.
Speaker 4: Like you say, it's connected by cables, Yeah, that's it didn't elaborate.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the logistics of that, Cobba, do you want to get into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't like it. There's just elements of it that, you know, I'd just like to see more traditional research.
Speaker 3: Should be a politician, Cobb.
Speaker 4: It's like everything like there's a reaction to everything as in but yeah, there's consequences in those times. We don't know what they.
Speaker 1: Are the worst. It's a very open end.
Speaker 2: Two sentences.
Speaker 1: You two have ever said, well, what about this?
Speaker 4: This is my last piece. The Pope gave an audience to a bunch of comedians this week, and he thanked them for making people smile, like Jimmy Fallon, Steve Colbert, Julia Louise Drafer's I saw the video footage and they start.
Speaker 3: Literally he was there, they were there, the event, the.
Speaker 1: Golf table, comedy eight. They're great. Now we're going to take a really quick break and we'll be back soon with well Matt's red hot question. Welcome back to the podcast. It's time, guys for Matt's red hot question. Now listen closely to this one. This is a lot of these. You'll find that they're a moralistic question that really taps into what makes what makes you think? And how much you got on the inside, how much of the soft stuff? So this one today is this a family member is about to get their primary hand cut off with a machete. However, you can step in and save them by getting your primary hand cut off as far as the family goes, how far does the net go before you don't step in and let them get their hand cut off? Okay, so let's start with this. Let's start with this happenly if trish all of us here, if each of us, would you step in if they are about to get their hand cut off with the machete? True, if you're about to get your hand cut off with the machete, regardless of sometimes it's gonna be a shit husband and whatnot, I would step in and get mine cut off?
Speaker 4: Would you?
Speaker 1: Would you do the same for me?
Speaker 4: It really depends on the day. It depends on the day. Sometimes I really love you, Sometimes you really shit me. You know. Sometimes I'd jump in front of a bus for you. Other times I want to throw you in front of them.
Speaker 1: No worry, Sometimes I want to throw myself in front.
Speaker 4: Of the bus. It's I'm fairly fickle and it would be Dave depending.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to a more simple question. It's about to happen to Cooper Jack. I know I didn't have to ask you. I know you would. Yeah, I would, Okay, vice versa. This will be interesting.
Speaker 2: Is this for everyone?
Speaker 1: Just for this? Is for all this? Like that? But you're the only one that can save us and we're underneath and they go to you. So we're going to get your m's hand.
Speaker 4: Off primary hand for I know what he'll say about me.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I can answer everyone at once. If he's want yeah, I wouldn't. I wouldn't do it for any of your swear in my life, I would not not an ounce it's a hand first of all, like it. If you guys are going to die, maybe I would do it. Maybe. But in terms of cutting my primary hand off, my thought process goes to, well, it's either me losing your hand or them, and I probably need it more than them.
Speaker 1: But you're saying you need your hand more than me, matter the fact.
Speaker 2: That primary hand just I overworked this bad boy three times a day.
Speaker 1: We'll just do what I do it just lay on your left hand.
Speaker 2: Then it doesn't feel the same because I've got a slight bend.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but I would not.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't see. I just can't see the reasoning behind it. Maybe if it's to save their life, but to save their Handka, what would.
Speaker 1: You do it to your two? For one of the boys? Yep?
Speaker 2: For one or both?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Both?
Speaker 1: For me? It's both? Okay. Let's take it a step further, Trush, would you do it for one of your nieces and nephews?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 4: All of them?
Speaker 1: All of them? Sure about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Niece and nephew and auntie relationships are pretty beautiful. Can we just give a shout out to Sarah and Phil who got engaged? Family engagement?
Speaker 2: You might want to give some context to who Sarah and Phil.
Speaker 4: Sarah is our niece slash cousin for you boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Monnie, does that make me feels uncle? No uncle in law?
Speaker 2: Not even because he's Dad's only in that family by marriage, So wouldn't make you.
Speaker 4: I'd be auntie in law?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Family? It's a mindset.
Speaker 3: I'll ask you to then, Trish, would you your brother John? Would you do it for our uncle? Your brother John?
Speaker 4: See, Johnny's older than me, so I might know. I might do it purely because I think I would recover better from it.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't need it. This is the thing.
Speaker 4: Everyone needs it, Yeah, everyone needs it as much as and you know, so yeah maybe I would. Of course, I think I would recover better because I'm younger.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matthew, would you do it for the eighth of Mortal brother Andrew? Brother Andrew question?
Speaker 1: Just let me think of you.
Speaker 2: And not now, like, don't think about it, giving you context and you're fighting right now, do it given the context of the whole life.
Speaker 3: Two men needs to share bunk beds to the agent, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking of the fans here. If we were players at the time, given what he was headed to, I would, But now given our post careers and what he gives the fans as far as television talent, what I give, No, I wouldn't because I mean, I got my right hand to hold the microphone, I hold the notes. It's just I'm sorry outside of you guys, I'm sorry nieces and nephews, everybody. You're losing your hand.
Speaker 2: So you do it for me and Jack because you haven't, Sad, I do it for you to do.
Speaker 1: I do it for Trish anyone else? I'm sorry, I'm a TV I can't give my right hand.
Speaker 2: And Steve Crawley, your boss at Fox, would you do it for Steve?
Speaker 1: Of course? Another thing about it too with me? You understand I can't. I can't use chopsticks, so I need a knife and fork. There's so many areas that like like it, just I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree, Sari snoring.
Speaker 4: No one's farting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, now Trish ting atle bit of a rotating segment here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's come out in the news. In future, we are actually going to be operated on by robots. Surgeons will be they could be like I'm imagining that these are very specific surgeries, you know, specialist surgeries. So someone across in another country will be controlling the robot operating on you. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: Okay, depends what country. Would you feel comfortable as you're being put under anything.
Speaker 4: Here in Australia?
Speaker 1: Okay? Would you feel comfortable as you're being put under an aesthetic? Where's the doctor coming from? Where's the robot coming from? And they went Russia?
Speaker 2: Would you feel the robot's not coming from Russia, right, the robot, but what happens is there's a Russian doctor controlling it.
Speaker 4: From who's a specialist in that particular.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, althought you were saying that it was a Russian robots because I've got a theory on those Russian robots.
Speaker 3: You'd have that they're outsourcing it like that, that you're getting the best.
Speaker 1: Of the best.
Speaker 4: That's what that's that would be.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm assuming you'd go for Uber star rating. Hopefully it was five stars, because you wouldn't like someone that's sitting there with a three point eight, would you.
Speaker 1: Well, different robots over the years. Who would you let operate on your metal Mickey? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Who's metal?
Speaker 1: Mickey met Mickey? I don't remember him. He was a British he was a he was a British robot Kids robot. Funny what a comic he was like, Yeah, he sat in his own way. He's had some funny quips in terms of phrase, probably Terminator, Yeah, depends which one. What about what about Dexter from Perfect Match? The Love robot wouldn't let him know the robots?
Speaker 4: What's that one that was on the ABC? You know the Family and they had that annoying the jets.
Speaker 1: Robbot, you know, the one lost in space?
Speaker 4: What was his name? He was annoying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, yes, famous robots over the C three P. Yeah, I do too. No, I wouldn't think so a little frivolous for my mind.
Speaker 2: He's a bit clumsy.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is C three P.
Speaker 3: He has no joints, so you'll be his joints are stiff, so he wouldn't let him.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. I know it's probably question. I wouldn't ask it if I didn't think you were thinking about it, because I think about it all the time. Would you let would you let the wookie what's his name, Chewbaca? Would you let Chewbaca operate on you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: The big, tall, hairy Yeah, well he's not a robot, but yeah, I would. I think he's cute.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do it because you know how doctors have to beat your tasting animals. Doctors usually have to have that stuff over their hair so that the hair follicles don't just fall into Yeah, why do we have a quick break and come up with the quick.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for your podcast sensibility. We're going to take a real quick breaking back with Coopers quiz welcome back. I hope you're enjoying the show. Jesus.
Speaker 2: It's a little cool, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's like we're really starting to get in the depths.
Speaker 2: Winner, what's the temperature to that, Jake?
Speaker 5: Even Charlie's got fodighs of twenty degrees celsius of lows of thirteen here in.
Speaker 4: Sydney in the day. Usually we do the lows for the night. So I reckon, we're even looking at like four degrees?
Speaker 2: So what did I say at loads? Anyway? Losing our way? Guys this last time Trish wasn't here before state of origin? We did a state of origin quiz. I give you guys, do not mock at Trish I do. I give you guys as Australian personality, and each of you has to say whether you think they're from New South Wales or Queensland. Okay, last time Jack failed miserably at this.
Speaker 4: Actually I would have won that one. I knew that one.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see how you go today. Amazing okay, first person and there is no liaising between you guys, know sound effects? You want to beat each other?
Speaker 4: Is it bestress?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, you say we'll go right to left. Tricia, you can say you're one and then it goes around, all right. First person Miranda Kerr, Australian model. Trish Fine, Tricia, you can go first in South Wales, notthew Yeah, New South Wales, New South Wales. Okay, Trish. What happens when you make it so confident you persuade everyone's answers? They are not very good at this stuff.
Speaker 1: She is well, apparently she marry war.
Speaker 2: She's a country girl Sydney somewhere.
Speaker 4: No, she's not Sydney's. I don't think it's Mary Wall but.
Speaker 2: Okay, one one, one one, don't look at my list. Second one, Greg Norman, Jack starting with you, Trish, do it again.
Speaker 3: You're going to do it again, Jack, Greg Norman, New South Wales.
Speaker 1: Greg Norman, Queensland, Queensland.
Speaker 2: Okay, he is from Queensland.
Speaker 4: He looks like a Queenslander.
Speaker 1: Oh does he?
Speaker 3: Trish?
Speaker 1: Listen to you go steady on, mate? Racism.
Speaker 2: Probably gonna have to keep Trish going last other way, she'll give the answers away. Next one, Grant Hackett our man Jack.
Speaker 3: New South Wales, uh, New South Wales, Queensland.
Speaker 2: He's from Queensland from end of her geography. Three Trish Matthew two Jack Still one our other man who was up at the Gulf day as well, wicked swing pat Rafter packed to those damn rafters.
Speaker 1: Jack South Wales, Queensland.
Speaker 4: He's Queensland.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is a Queensland good looking? Is he?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: He still good looking?
Speaker 1: Lost?
Speaker 4: I don't think he has.
Speaker 3: Lenny wasn't happy he lost his eight nine and I think as one days were accusing pat Rafter of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, anyway, Jack taekwond Trish four Jack, I mean dad, Three Jack Still one Rebel Wilson Australian actress. Jack Queensland, New.
Speaker 4: South Wales, New South Wales. She's a Sydney girl.
Speaker 2: And I know you were killing me, okay, Jack, not many to go, there's only three more, so I have to get off one Kathy Freeman. Jack. Where's she from? You said? Or Queensland?
Speaker 1: Youseth Wales, Queensland.
Speaker 4: Trish what do you think she lives in Queensland?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: I think Queensland.
Speaker 2: Yes, she is from Queensland.
Speaker 1: Jack, you were an amazing ability. You were not one from thirty Yeah. Gordon Talus Victoria.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's two to go. Jack, Nicole Kidman she Queensland, from New South Wales.
Speaker 3: She's married to a country artist on the Queensland.
Speaker 1: She is New South Wales.
Speaker 4: She's from Sydney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from Keith Kiwi. He is a Kiwi by passport. But he grew up in Butcher in Queensland from but As opposed to Butcher.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jack, this is the last. This is to get you off one, because there's been one, two, three, four, six, seven. This is going to get you two from eight. Where is Greg Iglass from?
Speaker 3: There's all that drama around him playing for New South Wales.
Speaker 1: Matthew Barville, New South Wales.
Speaker 4: Trush, New South Wales.
Speaker 2: He is from New South Wales. Saved right at the end.
Speaker 4: Excuse Queen sweep, No you got I didn't get anything wrong?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you got eight from eight. Dad, you got seven from at I believed pretty good.
Speaker 4: Jack, You've got two from As you know, I came into this game today thinking, after I won last week, I'm going to win again. How are the minds?
Speaker 1: What about that? What do you call that?
Speaker 3: When you think it and you do it and it happens. Called the power of positive visualization.
Speaker 2: It's called manifesting.
Speaker 4: Manifest that takes a lot of effort.
Speaker 2: What have we got now? I think of Trisha. Have we got any feedback?
Speaker 4: Did Debbie? You know Debbie, our dear listener who listens with their sister. She said, thirty thousand dollars a night for Jack and not a cent less. Yeah, she's a fan. Remember when we were talking about was it last week of the week.
Speaker 2: If he was an escort? And yeah, to those who didn't listen, we said, if you're an escort, how much would you charge a night? She said that she'd pay thirty.
Speaker 1: Any word on the fifty grand that I was from.
Speaker 4: No worries, not even like a renegotiation of it. Congratulations to new listener little Paisley Ruig, she was born last week. Congratu to Remy and Morgan. Dad's comments particularly tickled me. I said, how was it? He said, I was deep in the ruck taking photos from behind enemy lines.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Morgan, it's not mine, not this one.
Speaker 4: And sending big love to podcast listener Shelley and her family, especially Madison. We've got you in our thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I love your feedback with no context.
Speaker 4: They know it and that's all that's important. They want their breast on details.
Speaker 2: Where do they live, what's their address?
Speaker 4: They're actually from the Hunter, I believe. I think they're upsets.
Speaker 1: Sway, Okay, just a quick question. Me and me and you Ma were musing about going to see a movie. I've always wanted to see Mad Max. But I'm only get bad reports. Boys seen Furiosa.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it, No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard good things.
Speaker 1: I'd love to get some feedback from the TV.
Speaker 2: Hi. I don't really feel like it either. You know what I did watch the other day though, The New Bad Boys? It was good with yeah Will Smith Chrish Rock. That was I went in with a bad feeling, but I came out with a good feeling. He's redeemed himself. It's very good.
Speaker 1: I don't think he would ever redeve himself anyway. On that positive note, go, I've got.
Speaker 4: One last piece. I don't have a joke, if you please. I like this. It was a little article I read when people knew their marriage was doomed. Top one I thought was he didn't mention me in his wedding speech? And then I thought, didn't that mention me that? I wasn't even listening to Matt so.
Speaker 2: So the groom that was doing a speech at his own wedding didn't mention the bride.
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 2: How do you have your own wedding and don't mention the bride?
Speaker 1: What do you look at me for? Remember?
Speaker 4: Well? That's yeah, well that's exactly He's thoughtless and narcissistic. Anyway. Another situation was when the groom and his mum opened all of the wedding gifts without the bride. That's pretty bad too.
Speaker 2: That is pretty bad.
Speaker 4: And this is my personal favorite. This woman said, I used to stand on the end of the family photos, so did he be easy for me to cut them out once we broke up? M that's thinking ahead.
Speaker 1: Isn't it supposed to be easy for them? Colors? We wrote that article, Roger Kipley. I believe it, Rodger. Guys, have a good have a good weekend, look after yourselves. We're going to be back next week and yep, till then, take it easy.