Speaker 1: Apogae Production. Welcome back to another episode ab am I Bad Mom Podcast. It was like kind of Mum's Gone Wild on the weekend.
Speaker 2: It was Mum's Gone Wild on the weekend, although I heard that it actually got a whole lot wilder after we left. Oh really, you and I left when our uber driver arrived.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uber Sam, your husband Sam. So we had another fortieth birthday another the weekend. Everyone's turning forty and it was great, Like we had a great time. I could tell that you were like ready to let your hair down, like at the beginning of the night, like I can tell sometimes yeah, you'll be at something, and I'm like, Rachel wants to leave early, like it would be the start of it, like she's going to leave early. And this particular day, I was like, Rachel's just gonna let her head down. I can just tell already, and you did. There was a conversation. I can't even remember what we were talking about. Oh, I think me being part Indian. And then someone said something else about Asian and he went, she's not Asian. I went, well, India's in Asia and you went, no, it's not.
Speaker 2: And then I happened to be sitting obviously across from you, but next to your husband, and he just sat there and shook his head and went Rachel that day. Now I looked at him, I was like, Sri Lanka as well as a part of and he was like, we're stopping this conversation.
Speaker 1: It was a really great example that weekend of doing something for yourself and not feeling guilty as mums. And you know what else happened when your husband, Douba Sam turned.
Speaker 2: Up to pick us up.
Speaker 1: Not only did he turn up to pick us up and drive us back, yeah, but he turned up with a bag full of cheeseburgers. Like what gets better than that?
Speaker 2: I think he was probably anticipating, so he turned up and he's like, with a whole bag of whole bag of cheeseburgers.
Speaker 1: There's been a few occasions like this lately. We had your birthday, which reminds me also that I had a conversation with a friend you invited to your party, and at one point in the night she said to me, are you drinking the good champagne or the cheap sparkling? And I looked at her and I went, no, I'm on the good stuff, And she went, oh, that expectation of oh, I should be on the good stuff too, And I looked at her and I went, how old are you? She went twenty six? Yeah, yeah, twenty six, And I went, you've got to do your time with the shits.
Speaker 2: Am I a bad mum for feeling slightly unhinged being on Instagram at the moment. There's always like monthly recap or like what's the other one that I can't stand that people keep writing on their captions. It's like monthly dump. I was like, I don't know why I find dump offensive and then.
Speaker 1: They list like number one me and BALI.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it being like monthly recap or here's an overview of what I've done for the month. I actually quite like it. It's dump. We don't need to put the affiliation of dump on the month that it was. Find another word atprol fucking chat GBT that shit, use some creativity and get rid of dump because that is horrible. But I'm going to sidetrack this whole podcast.
Speaker 1: I lives, Oh no, just on the sidetracking the podcast, and I'm saying something else that really irritates me. And this is not against the people, because I love them, like, you know people. I don't want to be mean, but it's those you know, the little microphones, Oh the little fur balls. They're little microphones, but you hold them and they're like really tiny. But yeah, that's a problem with them.
Speaker 2: Why what do you find I don't know. Is it the location or is it the holding of or is it just that we all got mics now.
Speaker 1: I think it's the idea of it being too professional when it's.
Speaker 2: Just in Yeah. I have to say for work, they've sort of done it a few times, because obviously, building a marketing background on social media is a tough one for every business. But at the same time, they always passed me that thing and I'm like, why is this so offensive? Like I don't want to put it near my mouth and go oh no. Anyway, sidetracked but slightly unhinged comes from seeing the monthly recap or overview of the month, and we're wrapping April to head into May, and April for me has just been just chaos, Katie. Like, if I was sitting here and I was like, oh, let me do a recap, I wish I had all the photos of the shit fight that I've been in for the last month, to the point that I was like, I don't think I've ever been so happy to see another month come in.
Speaker 1: I've been hearing this a lot. There's something that's happened with the start of twenty twenty five. And as I'm saying, I'm sure they said this at the start of twenty twenty four and then all the way through a year twenty two, but something's happened with the start of twenty twenty five where there's something going on for everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whether it's.
Speaker 1: Fine, so so much. Someone also said to me that this week apparently there's a new moo.
Speaker 2: I don't know, there's another moon, new moon, another full moon. I was like, didn't we just finish one? Didn't my crazy emotional energy just finish so that I can start another. Wise, I was like, I don't want to do it. I'm going to end up in a straight jacket. Now. Bringing this back into parenting and being slightly unhinged. When we are feeling it, usually the kids are feeling it too. That's how I base majority of my stuff is like, if you're feeling it, I'm usually feeling it too. It's just whether we want to bridge the gap and sort of acknowledge the fact that we're both in a little hot pickle at the same time. Whilst I'm feeling it and the month has been ginormous, my kids have been so testing, and I feel like it is a knock on effect because I've been in such a state. And when I say state, I mean like we started off my birthday party into their birthday parties. Also throw in their school holidays.
Speaker 1: And then there's also been like seven hundred public colaba.
Speaker 2: So many public holidays, throw in Easter, so there's so much in there that I just go, like all I have done for the home of April, it just feels like you're sitting on the edge of a cliff. You're just hinging on this like fact that you're just about to like go face first off. But at this point in time, if that means we're going into May, and that's what I have to do, I'm so willing and ready because I want my kids to just like stopping mean to me. I just want to find some consistency and some flow for myself because I know that the knock on and carry on effect means that my girls will sort of come with me a little bit more do.
Speaker 1: You feel like it's because the routine's all been thrown out, Like.
Speaker 2: I think it was, like obviously Holidays sends everyone into a spin. It's so much busier. You feel like I'm going to keep achieving stuff for them every day. And then by the time I have to say, Katie, by the time that they were going back, even though it was three days, because it was like they went back to school, three days off, another long weekend, three days back at school, and I was just like, so okay with being back at school and routine and yes, if that means a lunch box every morning, I'm going to take that. I'm going to cop that on the gin. I just feel like it's so weird to say, but I can breathe again because it's May.
Speaker 1: The thing about May is you're almost halfway through that year. Yeah, Like we keep saying, it feels like it's just been Christmas, Like what is it. I have got kind of a theory on why time feels like it's going so fast. I think it's because that whole whenever board with scrolling, even when the ads come on in TV, we're like either fast yeah through them, or we're scrolling whilst they're on or with like even I found myself the other day I was in a line at the post office that's long.
Speaker 2: Always we're not starting on that, but always and do not go.
Speaker 1: It was out the door anyway, I found myself in that line and I really noticed it instead of looking around. You know, once you get in the shop. The post office is very clever. They've got all sorts of sh Do you know what I bought in.
Speaker 2: There the other day?
Speaker 1: A fucking light up star Christmas decoration.
Speaker 2: It was on special.
Speaker 1: Because it's nowhere near Christmas, and I was bored in the line. I need I need that light up star Christmas decoration.
Speaker 2: It's big, like.
Speaker 1: Big wooden star, and I bought it. And I was buying it, I was like, the fun are you doing?
Speaker 2: What does my life come to? That's the sort of.
Speaker 1: Shit you do if you're not scrolling on your phone. In this particular occasion, I was like, I'm about to head into the post office. Don't look at what you could buy, because God knows what you'll leave with. Just keep scrolling on Instagram. Just I'm wearing. You know, when you watch horse races and they've got blinkers on, so that they don't get spooked or like distracted. When I get this, I have to wear blinking.
Speaker 2: The old classes, and that's all I can think about.
Speaker 1: Was you with a big side