Speaker 1: Five a football post match callers.
Speaker 2: Another master class from these classy cats and they will once again be Premiership contenders. You would think off the back of a performance like that Bailey Smith, wonderful tonight, Adelaide so promising, so encouraging out to a thirty point lead in that second term, but overrun a forty nine point turnaround in the end Campog. They'll be bitterly disappointed with the final two and a half.
Speaker 3: Course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they will get fiscuits in the end flat es.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, what were they run?
Speaker 6: Well they were.
Speaker 4: Because they were monstered by Geelong.
Speaker 6: Well but a three quarter time We're sitting here going geez, you know what a quarter by Adelaide. They gave up a couple easy goals at the end which probably gave them a little bit of oxygen. But you know they were always around the mark Gelong. You know they at one stage, you know, they were eight from eleven the last goals and it was twelve from seventeen and then they were able to just flex their muscles in the last quarter. That's what it was. And it was their senior play, you know, at the end of the day. That's why Dangerfield and Cameron and these guys have been around a long time. I mean bay Smith has eleven in the last quarter two hundred and fifty meters games, he has six contested possessions.
Speaker 5: And they did nothing to him.
Speaker 6: Well I did, I didn't see that they sort of tried to quell him at all. And then on the flip side, because they had so much inside fifty seventeen for the quarter five goals three.
Speaker 5: It was seventeen for the quarters.
Speaker 6: Then they had to Hinge, Keen, Rankin and Miller, these all and Warrell, they're your main disposal getters, so they were arble to sort of arrest any momentum back in that quarter, to be fair, but world Agelong.
Speaker 5: Eight there were two three double o double.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 4: If you're if you're in the Crown, if you're on your way home or yet the footy feast over there at the Riverbank and you were watching, would love your input, Geelong fans. There's a lot of year around. I mean, you can always na na na naha. You so you want to me because I thought the Crows were shoeings, yeah and yeah, but I brought plenty well they were up our five goals and it felt like that for a while, didn't You shouldn't cough.
Speaker 5: Up that sort of a lead if you're a good top.
Speaker 2: Six goals to one in that final term. And Campo's right, they just seem to boss them around, didn't they. Eight double two three double double is the number we're into after the game. Thanks the right price Ruving. I think we might get straight into the calls. We've got Tommy who wants to kick us off from Salisbury.
Speaker 1: Hello there, Tommy, Hey, guys, obviously gutted.
Speaker 8: Really, I just want to have a little bit of a bone to pick with you if you go back and look at it, The exact moment that this game turned was when you said you wanted to pencil this in. And honestly, don't even worry about lifting the lid.
Speaker 9: Lift the lid after we've actually.
Speaker 10: Done something, because that we haven't done anything.
Speaker 8: For seven years, So worry about when we actually do something.
Speaker 4: Well, I get excited. It's been a long seven years. Tom You can't blame me putting my cart before the horse's just down.
Speaker 1: My role mat Well, it was an exciting game.
Speaker 4: I mean, Geelong decided to play what we call finals type. When the heat went up, the pressure went up the tackling. Their body size were just better. They were better in the air, along the ground, and look, Tom, you're right. You know what can I say?
Speaker 2: I'm very disappointed Campo picked it. I reckon three minutes into that last quarter. You said the physicality and the pressure, you could just sense it, and it changed the game just totally.
Speaker 6: You know, they they probably had that conversation. Chris Scott must must have been interested if to hear his press conference and say what was said. I'd be staggered if he didn't say, right, let's see if we can start winning it at the source. Let's see we can get some feel position. Let's ask a question of this Adelaide team. They're coming off a five day break, you know, those sort of things. Let's move it a bit quicker, Let's not go slow, Let's open the game up. Let's see if we can actually, you know, ask him a question. And they did. But once again, those key indicators that have been around for one hundred years. You're not going to win a game of excuse me, You're not going to win a quarter of footy. When you lose contested possession by fifteen, You're not going to win If you're not getting your hands on the ball at ground level. So minus fourteen, you know, they're the big numbers that that unfortunately Adelaide have to deal with, you know, so it wasn't necessarily and then you know, for most of the night they've kicked most of their scool out of clearance. They kicked five to two out of their five to three in the last quarter from seven and inside fifty. So they were able to ask a question about from Adelaide and they just couldn't go with them.
Speaker 5: Yep, they did. They were very good.
Speaker 4: Take new calls eight double two three double a double A Scott at Sterling, Hello.
Speaker 3: Russ monsieur Rowie, we were taking the last crows lost will have opened the ball of champagne now and you know we got we got smashed and middle. I think we've got to bring in that Ruckmanty ruckman because was it fifteen to five leuricists the last quarter?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're yeah, and today for Roley O'Brien hjine lad, I mean they're hot and cold, but they're under pressure because.
Speaker 3: That midpook got smashed. So I think it starts with the ruck. But yeah, a Geelong, a great professional and the pros are youthful, enthusiastic, but maybe we need to recruit another experienced player in the midfield.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't necessarily agree that was the ruck role. O'Brien's had eleven hitouts to five. So for that quarter with you throw Riley Philthorpe in and they've had sixteen to six in terms of hitouts, but they didn't connect the ground level and then what happened is when you don't connect the ground level Rowie, the ground ball and the contested position, that's when that comes into play and they just got belted in there. So it wasn't I think it was more the ground level set up, structure, attitude, energy, cleanliness. That the thing for me in the last quarter, not the ruck.
Speaker 5: Thanks Russ.
Speaker 4: Let's go to John out A Nord Johnny David.
Speaker 11: There was one player Gelong a really listited game after half time as Tom Actin He's ground ball get He actually turned that game and the Crows did not pay no respect whatsoever the midfield coach. What do you think of Tom's gate.
Speaker 4: Acting well when we started on ranking and then as the game went on, Ranking was heading south and that boy was heading north. But it wasn't just him, it was it was the volume of players and the quality of players. You said it Dangerfield lifted, Cameron ended up with four Dansfield ended up with four Atkins in the ruck in the midfield. B Smith that they were all over and John, you were right, hello, Doug.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So I said before the game that I think this game right here, right now besides where the Massic coaches ty twenty six and to be honest, I don't think you know so I think from here we missed and unjoennible from here yet?
Speaker 4: Oh a bit dramatic, Doug, Yeah, a bit dramatic.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 6: They're doing a lot right, They're doing a lot right. There's still a youngish team that's going to come through like that. They're going to get more out of this than building Saint Kilda in round one.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 6: So for me as a coach, I'm sitting there going what was the thing? So we know it was around contest? Okay, so what happened around there was that loose ball? Was a hard ball? Was it personnel? Did we not pull the trigger on Bailey Smith early enough? Did we bite off too much from a transition point of view, and we tried to kick the ball back into the corridor versus you know, I thought we were better in the first half. There's all those things that they're continually learning. So to have a go at Matthew Nix at this point in time and say you just because they should have probably won last week, you know, with what happened with Isaac Reckon, they didn't fold. You know, they did a lot right last week as well, in considering they didn't play that well coming off a five day break against arguably one of the top four teams in the competition, an experienced team as well. They just it's just one of those games. They'll get more out of this, no question than what they did in the first three weeks.
Speaker 2: After the game thanks to Right Price Roofing, leaky roof, total roof restoration do it right with Right Price Roofing will keep on going.
Speaker 1: Coromandele East. Jordan has been waiting patiently. High Jordan Gay boys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, very very disappointed them.
Speaker 7: I just thought when Dame Shape started to go with the brother, they just couldn't go with him.
Speaker 1: Twenty four goals thanks Jordan, Yeah, I mean he was good.
Speaker 6: Ordos brilliant, was it? He even earlier he kept him in the game. I think he did his avante stuff early. He bashed packs.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 6: He just throws his body in there for a guys of his age to still be and he's played like that for three hundred odd games, you know, like and to have that luxury to play him forward, you know, and then just spit him in the midfield instead of the other way around. And that's why they went and got Bailey Smith. They do it well Gelong. You can't argue with what they do in terms of list building and bringing players in and why they bring players in. They know that danger fields banged up, that he's not going to be able to play, but he's still got the speed. He's still got, I mean, he's still electric. He's that's one thing he's still got is his speed and power. And then you throw Bailey Smith in there. He's thirty five, you know, and influences the game. Seventeen contested possessions, fifteen ground balls.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was outstanding and the other one two Campra was homes.
Speaker 2: He got better as the game when I thought he was fantastic, tonight.
Speaker 5: I just feel like a knob hit o t you woy.
Speaker 4: I was with Timmy Giniver in Planers to Do in the show YEP and the news filtered through at about four point thirty five. Stuart's out the immediacy. I heard that this is what came out of my big fat god. Crows cannot lose. This is unlosable from here.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's how well coach I remember it happened.
Speaker 5: But it's the sum of.
Speaker 4: All the part You can take out a great plan on that that's always hurt the Crows and he hands yeah, and you think, well, one plan doesn't mean a lot, will it.
Speaker 5: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: The some of all Geelong's parts in the end were too great for the crime.
Speaker 2: I got burn by thinking the same thing when Steell pulled out of the final against Port last year.
Speaker 1: And they ended up doing a number on them.
Speaker 2: They're just so well coached and drilled and their big bodies, you boys touched on it.
Speaker 1: They just their physicality was they were huge.
Speaker 5: I just feel like a knob hit. Hello, Lewis, how do you feel, buddy? I told you how I feel. Louis.
Speaker 1: Louis you there, Louie.
Speaker 5: All right, let you go to Sam. We'll come back to you, Louis.
Speaker 1: Hello Sam from Plimpton the.
Speaker 14: Yeah I'm here mate, Yeah, I'm here. Yeah. How great was the crowd? The crowd was amazing. I was amazing. Just everything was perfect, just amazing.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was the Lord Show before the game.
Speaker 5: Sam.
Speaker 1: Were you at the game the game?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was at I was at the game. It was it was. It was good, good to see, but it was a disappointing. Disappointing. But it's all about the Gavin gave around and Devin getting people around and have fun and enjoyable fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it's about having a good time.
Speaker 5: It's very very positive.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what you did say and Rowie you talked about it. It was a bit like the samd FO days. I saw West Coast people coming in GWS jumpers on. You know, people with people are just loving coming to see neutral games of footy and and just getting around a great contest. And look, if you put your neutral hat on, that was a really bloody good game of footy tonight.
Speaker 5: I don't want to put my neutral had one.
Speaker 2: I know we'll keep on going after halftime, awful, let's go to well after they had a thirty point yep, let's go to flags uf Hill. Matty has been on the line for some time.
Speaker 1: Hi, Maddie, Maddy, talk to us. Mattie' there my man, I'm there Jee.
Speaker 11: How are you mo?
Speaker 1: Not too bad? What did you make of that game?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 7: I've got I've got four quick ones, boys, I hope you can answer them afterwards. Tagging again. This has been a problem for the Crows for a while. Who was helping doors and he was smashed tonight he was given who was giving the chop out? A couple more we lost by a couple of arrogant disposals, like how the hell did lad kick the ball into danger in the last quarter? That's his poor skill. And I'm sorry, guys, but the last two years Rob has made the weakest rock in the afl R. He man tonight he could not jump, he couldn't run through him, one knee in the ribs and he will stopping him tonight. And I've been calling for shoulder be pulled for weeks because he can't do the hard stuff. But we moved Sealega to the wing, great Cole, why not move curtain to the wing? Get something positive happening here, guys? Well, I'm a bit frustrated. It's the same old, same older. He really gets frustrated.
Speaker 6: Now. I disagree with the Riley O'Brien one. You know, he had thirty eight hit outs versus Stanley twenty four. We had thirteen hits to advantage, you know, and that's his main role. I'm not sure you can do much more. I don't think Stanley was influential around the ground Rowie or Rennie, I don't remember sitting there going you know that was you know, he got out run, you out marked or outrun or he was involved in it. I didn't see any of that. I'm not sure it's a Riley O'Brien issue. I just think it was more at ground level. Sleego had a lean night. He didn't have any influence for mine as what he's done previously. Matt Crouch was okay, Dawson was okay. So their midfield.
Speaker 1: Was average.
Speaker 6: It was a six out of ten. But you know there's and probably two important players three Smith, Holmes and Atkins got the chocolates, so that was the difference, and it gave them supply and then all of a sudden you've got two A graders in Cameron and dangerfield get it done in the last quarter, and that's the difference.
Speaker 2: One player who played really well, particularly in that second quarter was Darcy Fogg, and he's been good enough to join us.
Speaker 1: In the rooms. Fog commiserations. You were thirty points up, things looking.
Speaker 2: Good, but unfortunately the Cats just seem to get on a real momentum train, particularly in that final term.
Speaker 16: Yeah. Yeah, they were really good in that final term and we let ourselves down with a little bit of fundamental stuff and yeah, they did really well to come back, which is yeah, frustrating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Fog capo here geelong kick thirteen of the last eighteen. That's a little bit of a red flag and he gave up another one hundred plus points. That's probably something that you need to address.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yep, that's something that we need to really work on. That's something that we pride ourselves as not giving up too many goals in a role and being able to stop momentum of other teams. So yeah, and obviously another one hundred points lost. We don't really want to play shootouts. We want to be a really good defensive team and and score off turnover and do that well. So yeah, we didn't execute that tonight and yeah we'll go back on Monday and have a deep dive.
Speaker 6: It was probably the first time this year in midfield got their colors load, and in particular Bailey Smith got hold of any conversation around a defensive sort of mid on him.
Speaker 16: I don't think so we'll always back our mids in.
Speaker 6: They're really good fighters.
Speaker 16: So yeah, we're always going to back our mids against whoever they come up against to win that battle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well done.
Speaker 4: Gee that second quarter of yours that we thought from the first bounce you were getting on the end of it, but there was a magical second quarter for you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it was nice to get on the end of a few. Would have been good for impact more a bit well, a bit more impact in their second half.
Speaker 6: But yeah, don't really have too much for you. So that's all right, hanging there, mate, I said. A caller rang up before and they were talking about you know how you go. Guys are going and you're not going to do this, You're going to do that. Well, I think you know, from a coaching perspective, Fogg, you get more out of tonight than what you did against Saint kild in round one when you obliterated a team. There's a lot to learn out of tonight. They're going to be a finals contender hopefully, so are you guys. You'll review this really hard and essentially at the end of the day, you got beaten up around the midfield and you couldn't get your hands on it in the last quarter.
Speaker 16: Yeah, one hundred percent. And they're the teams you want to come up against. You want to play some really good sides that are going to play finals, like Geelong and like Gold Coast last week. So yeah, we're going to take a lot of learnings out of the last two weeks in particular, and I think it's they're really easy fixes. They're fundamentals and they're just controlling the game. So yeah, when we went away from how we wanted to play, and that's probably the easiest fix you can have. So it's, yeah, a lot of learnings out of it.
Speaker 2: And the other thing too is fogg You've had three games in twelve days, so at least you get a good week in a bit now to recover their bs sore bodies there, and you're a chance to get Nick Murray back potentially next week too, So you know, the troops are coming back there as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 16: It's going to be good to have a bit of a break and yeah you get a couple of boys back, so yeah, we're really looking forward to getting in the GWS, I think. So, yeah, we'll go back Monday and yeah, review and then move on pretty quickly, which you have to know, which is good.
Speaker 2: Fog really appreciate it and know it's not easy coming on after a loss.
Speaker 1: You had a really good game tonight. You kept presenting some great goals in there. Well done.
Speaker 2: I know, not a great result, but let's hope it's back on the train next week. Thanks for joining us. Thanks, good on your Darcy Fogg to eat down in the rooms. They're justin Gershwitz doing well to get a hold of him. You can feel the disappointment. He's a bit flat, but Camp, I think your message is right. Hopefully that's the sentiment.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Back on the horse and see they're three and two. It's disappointing. They would have liked to have won one.
Speaker 1: Of the last two. They haven't, but you've just got to pick yourself up.
Speaker 6: Well, there's one thing that you and Fog use the word fundamentals. Yes, fundamentals, there's things that you can keep practicing in training. Majority of their game styles intact. You can see what Adelaide want to do. They want to be strong around the contest. Their ball movements improved since last year. They've got a really strong forward line in terms of hit being hard to hit the score. But so they kicked one hundred points themselves. But they just got to tidy up the defense stuff. And that's fraught with danger because this is what happened in twenty twenty four. They went away from that. They go we're going to concentrate on defense, and then their ball movement suffered on the back of it. So they've got a finer balance coaches and players around making sure that we've got to tidy up some of these things to make sure that we keep moving and heading towards September.
Speaker 2: After the game, thanks to right price reeving, we'll just get stuck into the calls.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go to Mount Barker. Hello, Ralph, good a fellows, how are you? Yeah? Not bad? What did you think?
Speaker 6: Ralph?
Speaker 8: Everyone just calm right.
Speaker 12: We're round five.
Speaker 7: We've got a five day break.
Speaker 12: We had a tough game last week.
Speaker 7: Let's see how we go next.
Speaker 3: Week until we start, you know, criticizing coaches and players and.
Speaker 12: The light data.
Speaker 3: They had a massive game last week and they lost by just what a few points?
Speaker 12: And I think it it's not.
Speaker 11: Easy to come up five days later and find one of.
Speaker 7: The biggest games of the year, which is what this is, opening around and gather.
Speaker 5: A good positivity. They're in good advice.
Speaker 4: I don't generally listen to that, but anyway, I think the five day break did hurt them. To be honest, when they were fresh on top of the ground in that first half, let's say, till they were a thirty point up, they looked a better saying this system looked better.
Speaker 5: They were terrific.
Speaker 4: What ended up happening is is everything dropped off. The contest dropped off, and as Campo said, they got bullied out of it. Their work rate dropped, the head leaders lifted and they got smashed them.
Speaker 6: But hang on in the second quarter. We said the same thing about Geelong. Yeah, because Adelaide made them look second rate, and that second quarter all their numbers were sitting there. They smashed them uncontested position twenty five marks groundball, they smashed them. But Geelong answered the question.
Speaker 5: They did.
Speaker 6: They said, Okay, we see you and we're going to raise that and that's what they're able to do. So I'm not sure it was. I'm not sure it was a five day break Gay Well because that third quarter Adelaide, We're in control for most of that game and they gave up two goals late in the quarter, but that last quarter they just couldn't get their hands on it. Now, I don't think that was a fatigue that. I thought Geelong just turned around and said we're going to up our pressure, We're going to up our intensity around the ball, and unfortunately they just couldn't respond. Well.
Speaker 4: I was trying to use it as an excuse, Ralph, just to try and no excuse hit there's no outdoor the how that the how, the how the hell was crap, Ralph, that was the worst call ever. Trying to support Yeah, Campos hit that one out in the park.
Speaker 17: Hello, ned Addy, boys, are you going good? I'm just a I'm a big Crows enough and to be completely us a bit disappointed, Like it's it's hard seeing two close bosses, and tonight was that close. We got absolutely built in the second half. But I wouldn't say the wheels are off just yet. Like it's exciting the first half of footy, but are we just going to get bullied by the good teams week in week out? Like moving forward we've got the next four weeks are pretty tricky and then there's no real easy games for us to get our eye back in like the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: I don't think so, I don't think they're going to get bullied. As I said, well, that's the only way you improve, it's by doing this. So they I thought that once again, they went great last week against Gold Coast, but they responded and got themselves back into it, you know. But unfortunately tonight they just got beaten by a better team. You know, and that's going to happen. If we sit here and think that Adelaide are going to go through undefeated all year, that's just not reality. So, you know, nineteen points at the end of the day, that's around the mark. You know, at the end of the day, there's some things they need to keep tiding up on. Keep being positive. You know, they're lists in good shape, they're in good health, keep moving forward and keep giving yourself opportunities to play in these games. You heard what Folk said. That's the only way you learn. And if you don't learn during the year, how going to go in September. So they'll get more value out of this. Once again, I'll say at nauseum, they'll get more out of this tonight than what they did in the first three weeks.
Speaker 4: Two little boy too few. I think, Nita, thanks for the call. Keep them coming in, Hello Tony.
Speaker 10: I just think tonight was a bit of a reality check against the team that we played up the tempo. But it was interesting to watch the game. The last five clearances center clearances in that second quarters where the momentum of the game changed Adelaide, and it was obvious there Riley was beaten. He was comprehensively beaten in those five hits where they've got three three goals out of five appearances and the momentum change. They got the first goal of the third quarter and like you, fellows have been saying to no, they couldn't go with it. But I've said all along, and I've said at the start of the year, the rot connection to the midfield when it's under pressure is an issue and definition of well when you keep doing the same thing and you expect different results. This has been an issue on the list for a while. I know that Campo is kind of spoken in defense of Riley tonight, but I think when the big rucks and the tento goes up, it just looks to me like he's shoved out of the contest too Easy's bigger than the shells in the arms, but he's to be able to plant his feet and stand his ground. He just seems to get thrown around a little bit too easy there, And I think that's half they issue, because when Riley Silthorpe goes in, he can hold his ground, he can use his body's different and see it straight away. The other thing I just wanted to raise is not wanting to single out an individual, but just keybacks. I know people are talking about Nick Murray coming back. I wondered about Jordan, but in there instead of Mark Kaine. I just think in the last couple of games with Mark just off and is it time for Jordan to come back? And that back's what he saw. He's bigger experience. Now, I think he's been out of the team because he had that list Frank injuryward last year. Whether it's just still an issue that I'm sure about his fitness or what it is, but I don't know. But I think he should be in the in the team, in the starting team, and in the in the in the golf square at the defender.
Speaker 6: It's an interesting one. I had a good look through the numbers here. I don't know what the fascination fascination is with Riley O'Bryant. He beat Stanley convincingly, you know, from that point of view. But what happens at ground level that that's more. That's the more the issue for me. So you can sit there and blame Riley all you like. Now the hitout numbers are relevant. It's how many connected. He's connected thirteen times with his midfielders a ground level. Now, what what did Slego do tonight? I thought he didn't have a great nice Draper was better. Forward Dawson you know, didn't have a great Matt Crouch was okay. He was probably the pick of the bunch. He had eleven clearances, so he can't do so it was, as you put it, left to too little, too few, right, And at the end of the day, you sit there and you go, well, Riley O'Brien, you know he's from his perspective, I thought he did, you know, what he needed to do. And the Riley Philthorpe versus Stanley, it was a Neil drawer. So Riley Riley phil Thorpe versus Stanley was a Neil drawer. So you sit there and go, well, if we're picking on Riley O'Brien, because that was the end result, I don't think it was. It was at ground level for me. Hurt.
Speaker 18: Hello, freaky Hallo, Stephen Ray, Frankie TRAPTI j sawder How it going mate?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hell's Joe? God bless him?
Speaker 14: Oh blessed day.
Speaker 18: He's hanging in there, mate, he's hanging in there.
Speaker 1: I will, mate, I will.
Speaker 18: I think brose Grand Final, to be honest with you, so let's wait and see what happens this year.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 5: So were you at the game, Frankie.
Speaker 18: We were at the game. Yeah, we were in the MTX club. It was great for listen, gather around South Australia, great for the stake, great for Norward because you know we've got red and blue.
Speaker 15: Blood over here, same as you.
Speaker 14: But my son is fourteen years old and.
Speaker 18: He said we were robbed tonight.
Speaker 17: The umpires robbed us is that right do?
Speaker 4: Lord Frankie all the best? Give Dad a hug for me. He's great man Hello man.
Speaker 19: Man yeah ro yah yah mate.
Speaker 5: Yeah good A bit flat?
Speaker 19: Actually I reckon one of your mates going McIntosh would I don't know he would have enjoyed a ruck when they could tap it down to you. So I don't know who's on Rolly or a Brian side. But minus twenty two meters game last week, five possessions tonight one Mark. It ain't cut that he's been the ruckman twenty eighteen and what what have we done?
Speaker 15: Seriously?
Speaker 6: Well, are you going to play?
Speaker 12: Well, you're going to.
Speaker 19: Going to play Nick and Andrew that they've stolen from Norwid that comes from Sney.
Speaker 6: He's not ready, he's not ready to come up.
Speaker 19: Mate. They pushed Strawney off the list. He's ready to go in five weeks off the list. You're kidding yourself, mate. Rileiah Grin is not an AFL ruckman. It's an embarrassment that he's that. He's actually a best and fairest player and a Hall of famer. His skills are ordinary.
Speaker 6: Well you jump in the gun. He's not a hall of fame.
Speaker 19: I'm not mate, because twenty eighteen to twenty five, no finals. I'm not jumping no gun, do you blake?
Speaker 1: Thanks for that man.
Speaker 5: He brought up some good points.
Speaker 4: The way they treated Raw was a joke and the way they cut Nord's lunch with mecandrew was even worse. Here's an interesting thing, right, Strawnie will be available in two or three weeks they do.
Speaker 5: Now he has a decision to make.
Speaker 4: Does he stay in the sample system with the Crows or Nord raft for him?
Speaker 5: Does he go to Nord?
Speaker 4: And when he's back ready to play, it might be the Nord versus Crows sample and it might be McAndrew versus strawn that'd be interesting.
Speaker 1: I probably will be.
Speaker 4: And if the Crows, if the Crows felt a little bit of guilt about cutting Nord's lunch, and they did with McAndrew, they should let Strawnie go to Nord.
Speaker 5: They are said.
Speaker 1: It, Well, yeah, I mean do they have McAndrew.
Speaker 5: Well they went into this, Well.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's ready to play AFL. People are delirious, particularly in a big man's That's what it is. When you're a winger or a midfield or a half forward. You can you know, like the sid drape as the first year player, he's not ready physically to go up against these guys in the You can sit here and go, yeah, let's let's throw him out there. It's not as easy as what people think and people just throw names up on the basis, Oh he's the only one there. Now do they need another mode of this? Absolutely? Now. You can't help that Sean got injured, like he would probably still be around the mark if he wasn't injured.
Speaker 5: Row they retired him. Yeah, but if he wanted to play on, they retire him.
Speaker 6: But he was injured after he got injured though.
Speaker 4: At a sore foot, but he's not out for a year. I think how they treated him was not good. Hello Charlie, Hi, guys, Charles.
Speaker 15: You're ever gonna like this? But cats they shut those wings up in that crowd. Who who are just well, I won't yeah, I won't tell us.
Speaker 5: See you really feel Charles.
Speaker 4: Now listen, Charles from geelonger here from Geelonger you were and then laid boys at Geelong.
Speaker 15: I've lived in Adelaide for forty plus years now I'm from Geelong. You've met me. But the way they boot Patrick Patty Doningerfield for sticking it back up and he did.
Speaker 5: He did. He stuck it fair up.
Speaker 6: He did.
Speaker 1: He was great.
Speaker 2: Good on your Charlie. Yeah, great win for the Cat that they bounce back to some pretty good form with that win. Tonight, let's go to Dylan from Campbelltown by Dylan.
Speaker 20: But gentlemen, how are we going?
Speaker 1: Not bad?
Speaker 15: I go.
Speaker 20: I played with the great Gary McIntosh and he would have told me when you have a guy called Alex Neilbullen, a ball of a player and a premiership player, what you do when you're in trouble you throw them in the midfield. You don't. You don't GISs around and put Zack Taylor in there. You throw a ball playing and you throw him straight in the midfield because hes gonna.
Speaker 15: Boat the game apart.
Speaker 5: You're not a bad call, you know what I mean.
Speaker 20: You don't let you don't let baby Smiths just run around and get thirty five on us. You put balls in there. You able to shut that down.
Speaker 4: I didn't see them do anything against bally Chief.
Speaker 6: Bally Smith was they just they went to him at stoppage, so Petling and Dawson they went there. But his running power he's off the chart. That but that's the you know. Once again, do you teach you know, Celigo, you didn't have your best night. I'm going to give you the job. I want you to go and just shut him down. It's not your night to get twenty five tonight, Jake. I'm sorry you had fifteen. You had no influence on the game. Go and shut the best oppositions midfielder down and work off him because that might get him in the game. He might have had fifteen, but he might have had eight or nine in the last quarter just working him over because he's a good player, don't get me wrong, but teach him another element of the game instead of just trying to gain positions through the middle of the ground.
Speaker 2: Let's head out to the northeast. Emma from Bakseya Park.
Speaker 1: Hello, Emma, oh hello hello?
Speaker 6: Are you yeah?
Speaker 1: Not too bad?
Speaker 21: Oh that's good, that's good. On our way out, some crow supporter has thrown their hats with a Rashudo signature on it and their scar in discrope. Now, come on, is it.
Speaker 11: I'm going to set on fifty bucks you're picking up.
Speaker 5: You're even worse.
Speaker 7: Come down from Brisbane and watch my beloved cruise. But I'm actually going to wash it and wear it when Emma's not looking.
Speaker 5: I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Well done, good on your Emma, Thanks for that funny.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Golden Grave not far away from Banksyr Park.
Speaker 9: Hello Thomas, Yeah, hey boys, look just another disappointed Crows fan here. I'd just like to comment on Riley Philthorpe's role. So I've been listening to Cane Corns all week saying, you know, he's the top five player in the comp. Yet I'm seeing him at you know, half forward flank rather than in the goal square like he's a bear? Why is he not being put in the goal square to you know, dominate a Tom stewartless Geelong? Why why are we seeing up in a halfward Frank? And why are we seeing text walker in the goal square instead? Just love to your thoughts on that.
Speaker 6: Well. I think it just happens, you know, throughout the game that they rotate around. I'm not sure there's any you know, Texas normally the highest one you would have to save, Fogg's the next one he comes leading out, and then Riley's the deepest one. I think that's normally you know what happens. And perhaps that half forward one that you see is when Riley is into the ruck, you know, in that interchange, you know there. But I thought Tex hurt himself in that light over in that in that forward fifty you know, so I thought he was a little bit Ginger's hence why he probably played a little bit deeper. But you know, right, didn't have his best night tonight, no.
Speaker 5: Club last week.
Speaker 6: He's still learning the camper, you know, like, and they're allowed to defend you.
Speaker 5: And they did well. They did their homework on it.
Speaker 6: And that's what good players do. They look at tape. How can I not I'm not going to let him jump at the ball. I'm going to work him over before he gets there. You know all those things. That's what the AFL is about.
Speaker 5: Yep, the con can't play.
Speaker 1: They all can. They sagged off beautifully, didn't they see it?
Speaker 4: Before the game? Phil Thorpe to conning one on one could decide the game and keep calling hello, Jason, Hey, Jake, you're on.
Speaker 1: You're on, Jason, you're on.
Speaker 22: Let me tell you, I wish i'd ranking way as good as a good thing. That game absolutely frustated me. Dangerfield wherever let Dames Field go and he's absolutely go on the bark.
Speaker 12: We didn't didn't we wanted to go on you know, you know what we were.
Speaker 6: We need to what we sign.
Speaker 1: Ken Inkley? Need to sign Ken Inkley. I think Jason's had a couple of shuits. All right, let's go to Steve. This might be our last call. I think, Hello Steve from Glenelg straighten.
Speaker 13: Us up, Steve Heddy boys, Yeah, make campbo. You're a great crow's man and a lot we say, but Mike please gives Roley give big rollio O'Brien. He's not up to it. It's been too long. Let's just say, Roley, give it a break, mate, because you're just not up to it. It gets a Belton all the time and everybody that's for him, but he's got to lie in heart. He has a crack, but his ability.
Speaker 19: He's just not there.
Speaker 6: So how you going to ruck, Steve?
Speaker 13: Mate? We need well for ten years we've needed a run as.
Speaker 6: The question now you know you haven't got Riley O'Brien, who's going to ruck for you for the rest of five?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 21: Rob?
Speaker 9: Why Rob?
Speaker 13: Your forward line of till talk right to go? Into the ruck to cover cover for inness, Why grab your best you're.
Speaker 6: Not coming for That's what you're doing, is you're actually every team's got a second right, that's actually got the better combination in the competition, to be.
Speaker 13: Honest, No, no, you're betting for him again, mate, he's not up to it, right. His rough competition is the other side knows the ball's going to hit the deck. There's no left, there's no right.
Speaker 6: That's his fault.
Speaker 13: Is it a ground level, Yes, it is, because there's no He doesn't direct traffic everyone.
Speaker 6: He said he's to advantage tonight.
Speaker 13: To advant Yeah, because at falls, at Falls hits two advantage.
Speaker 6: Do you know what to hit to advantages?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 19: I do.
Speaker 13: When held on the chest, supposedly hit someone else on the chest.
Speaker 6: Not supposedly. He's hit thirteen times on the chest to his direct opponent.
Speaker 13: Mate, mate, you've been part of the Crows and we've been weak for years and newer part of it to make please, we need to get stronger and let's make some decisions and get rid of their weakness in the middle of the ground, which is rightly sorry what we call him RoboCop, right, that's their nickname for it. He tries his heart out, but he's not up to it.
Speaker 2: Thanks you call Steve will Campa to be fair, was part of the Crows and they're pretty strong.
Speaker 6: Well, we had Sam Jacobs. He was pretty handy air but that's okay. I'll take responsibility for Riley O'Brien. But at the end of the day, like people can pot him all you like, what are they going to do? The question Steve wouldn't answer, who are they going to play?
Speaker 5: Well, it's been candored with no.
Speaker 4: One Yeah, well two And that's not Roally o Brian's fault that the list management didn't go out and get a kid that's blooded. I'm not saying he had one whose name was Strawn and they clipped him.
Speaker 6: But I'm not sitting here saying role O brien's the best ruckman in the course's what you got, what he's got, and he's working with what he's got as well. I don't think tonight, once again it was a ground level issue, not a rock issue.
Speaker 1: We are going to take a break.
Speaker 2: This is after the game thanks to right Price Reef and we'll get to the awards after him. Will wrap O will because it was Geelong by it's just kicked in has lights.
Speaker 1: The lights are coming off.
Speaker 2: Where about any one's going here at Adelaide over The good news is we might get away traffic wise Rowie, but we've got to take a break. Geelong two good six goals to one in the final term to win by nineteen points. It all started so brightly for Adelaide. Didn't it out by thirty points in the second term. But Geelong, to their credit, they were brilliant in the second half. They win by nineteen points to kick off gather round round number five. We're going to get into our awards now and all thanks to the c LK Legal Report Personal Injury Claim. For expert compensation advice, visit CLK legal dot com dot A. You don't think there were any injuries to speak off for either side?
Speaker 5: That I came off injured apparently?
Speaker 6: Right? He was technical?
Speaker 5: I was technical?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's really that's good.
Speaker 2: You're a bit surprised by that one, right, I think it was because Rankin did look a little bit lame at times.
Speaker 1: Didn't he work half?
Speaker 6: I mean his numbers are still still good, it's still good.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 6: Well, he's still had twenty five ten score involvements and kicked two goals. Well, it's like he didn't kick it as good as well.
Speaker 4: It's probably the only not bad for someone on one leg.
Speaker 1: Pretty good. He'll need the extra few days off for sure.
Speaker 2: Beechwood Homes goal of the day Real Custom home Builders might have been early in the contest.
Speaker 1: I think campaign.
Speaker 6: Don't try and do what he does and manipulate the system.
Speaker 4: If you don't say Taylor Walker, he can tell your story walking.
Speaker 5: I took my dance off.
Speaker 6: I did, I did. I did, like Sid Draper's that.
Speaker 1: But Taylor Walker her first goal of the game.
Speaker 4: You know, the game started on such a high, didn't it, And we were upski and and then it just went flat.
Speaker 6: Did you took your pants off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when.
Speaker 2: That's when it went out, And you did take them off, And I had my skivy on with my sleeves underneath.
Speaker 6: Oh, it wasn't a great look from.
Speaker 2: We'll keep on going. There were some good grabs tonight, all thanks to them. Again, in real estate, if you're selling, they have the buyers ready to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was two leads back with the flight, but ended up going with Commings. That one that he took in.
Speaker 1: Cracking those beauty brave wasn't it?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 1: Great market and.
Speaker 5: From it, didn't he hit the post?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right and the player spotlight all thanks to unique Homestyle Foods campaign. If you put one player in here, there might be a revolt from a few people out there.
Speaker 6: I reckon, well, I was thinking of putting Riley O'Brien.
Speaker 5: In no horrible mention, No while.
Speaker 6: Not really, but I'm just trying to, I guess, bring some facts to the equations.
Speaker 5: A balance, A balance, that's the word.
Speaker 6: Interesting votes tonight because it's sort of hard. It was hard, you know, some players had their moments. I still end up giving Eyes that rank and a vote because really, well, I mean he's still really dominant across the ground, Like you can't argue with twenty five eight contested possessions. He had four clearances, two goals, and ten score involvements. So out of Adelaide's twenty five, he had a hand in ten of them. Well that's a phenomenal number. But he didn't kick it that as good as what he did, and I think he was a bit hampered by it. But you know, that's still but I want to give a shout out to Mark Kean. There was another person that rang up before, so I thought it was probably his best game, even though I thought dangerfield he had his moments. He had fourteen intercept possession. Yeah, well that's a decent number, and he did take some really good one on work marks. Now, yeah, he had some moments back there, but anyway, he doesn't get it. I gave Mitch Hinge too. I thought he was really good earlier in that game when he was seven intercept possession five hundred meters game and he was involved in six score involvements as well, so I thought he was really good. Best player.
Speaker 1: Jeez, it was hard tonight.
Speaker 6: I ended up going with Fog. I thought his influence on the game, you know, it was and they're a byproduct of what happens up the field. They just didn't have any supply in that last quarter for the influenced the game. But I thought if he was in there, I mean to kick four goals in a quarter. He had nine score involvements. He was electric.
Speaker 1: He's got sixteen goals for the season.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he can kick sixty odd plus for the year and that'll give him a real chance to push to the Finals. Not the Crow's night, it was Geelong's. They kickstart gather around. There is so much more action to come. This weekend Essays put on a show to kickstart things. Fifty thousand and seventy three fans have seen Geelong run out nineteen point when there's a big tax, to Tugers, to Justin Gerschwitz, to Lynden, to also Campo Rowie, thank you so much and to everyone listening. That is it from Adam Oval. It was Geelong winning this Round five gather round opener by nineteen points.