Speaker 1: Today we're recording on Gadigul Country and.
Speaker 2: We'd like to pay our respects to the traditional custodians of the Gati. Girl people, I know you're going to dig this. It's like I've been given like an extra sprinkle of something.
Speaker 3: You've got layers, Yeah, I've got layers.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking, I'm like, we're just such beautiful storytellers.
Speaker 2: You're making a lot of sense to that girl. No, I'm done.
Speaker 1: Let's I've been too honest to go. Okay, So how's your seventy five challenge going?
Speaker 2: I failed?
Speaker 1: No, I do no no.
Speaker 3: I refuse to take their way back.
Speaker 2: What I will take it back because I am the king of the reframe. Kiki Palmer put out a video the other day and I feel so in.
Speaker 1: A Linema Brook. I don't know who Palma.
Speaker 2: This is one of those moments where you've just asked if Mariah Carey is black, and I'm really fuck keep Kikei Palmer is amazing, like she is an actor, singer, a host. You well know k Kei Palmer. Trust me. So she's the queen of reframe. I'm the king of reframe. I'm taking it from her.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my God, a screenshot of her all the time.
Speaker 2: She's the best, isn't she just great? Like her energy, her vibe, it's just all there. So I love her. And so when I realized I had failed seventy five hard, I was disappointed. Honestly. I got to like fifty fifty days in, and the things that I failed at weren't the key priorities of mine in the challenge. So it wasn't that I drank alcohol, wasn't that I ate bad food. It wasn't that I didn't work out. It wasn't even that I didn't drink the water. It was that I didn't journal and read the book every day, So that they were the elements that I failed in. Okay, And once I had sort of realized, you know, I didn't journal that day, I didn't journal the next day, I was finding it hard to actually journal. And I'll tell you why, because it was like, it seems like such a simple task, but for me to go with a pen and paper every day and to sit there and try and reflect and think about how I was feeling, I was finding that I was quite i would say.
Speaker 1: Like resentful of it, or like.
Speaker 2: It seems like a task. It yeah, it seems like it didn't come second nature to me. So I failed.
Speaker 1: It isn't at the point of the challenge is that.
Speaker 2: That's right, Well, you should be able to build up a habit and get through that. But look, I've still I'm still implementing the seventy five Hard challenge. I'm still drinking my water working out. I have an injury at the moment. My left foot is like a bit fucked up, but I'm gonna, you know, heal that before I go. So the answer is that it is that I failed, but overall I succeeded.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: So that's the little update with seventy five Hard. I don't feel bad about it, honestly. And last night I went to Messina and I ate like ice cream and that brings me so much joy. I don't know if you get the same joy from.
Speaker 1: Ice cream me personal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like does ice cream fulfill your soul, your whole your world? For me, it really is like it goes Beyonce and then ice cream.
Speaker 3: There's no in between.
Speaker 2: There's no in between, Like Beyonce and ice cream. There are two things in my world that I'm like cream Dela Creme.
Speaker 1: We were I get such fulfillment out of cooking random, but like, I love cooking at home and I think, like when I cook a meal, when we sit down and have like dinner, I think that's probably the same as ice cream. I know it sounds pretty lame.
Speaker 2: No, it's the same feeling, probably, But yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not like a huge I'm as sweet tooth, but like in small dosages. Okay, yeah, I can't like eat a whole tub of ice cream.
Speaker 2: See I could easily.
Speaker 3: Do you know what my thing is? Yo chi?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think probably similar.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, well, tell me your girlfriend has moved to Melbourne for a month because she's doing her prack. You're currently in Sydney doing you know, your work. How has it been? Like this is a whirl wind. You're right on the edge of three months, which is like three years in lesbian relationship.
Speaker 1: I know, three months is three years, and let's be in a relationship, Like, let's be honest. I honestly feel like I have a wife. Yeah, I feel like I am living in my wife era and I'm like, I know that seems so silly. It's like three months like chill out, But like I feel like we've Me is in her third week of her school prack and we've got into like routine and structure is really important to me, and I think her coming to Melbourne, I wanted to incorporate and make sure that we sort of day on that routine of like because we've got two dogs now, Like it's crazy, we're great training, we've got two dogs to manage, we're living together, Like it's a crazy world to be like in each other's space now. But I feel like it's been so good. It's been such a learning process for both of us, Like we're learning how to fight, which not.
Speaker 2: We don't fight in terms of fight styles, yeah, fight style, And what is me.
Speaker 1: Is to address it when it's happening and to point out the elephant in the room.
Speaker 3: And she is great.
Speaker 1: She is a little avoidant, but she's aware of it, so she's working on it and she has. We've both been like so busy that we haven't lived in like fought or anything like that. But there's been moments where I've been really overly stressed and I've been like, you know, trying to do everything because as I would, and I'm not leaning into my partner support, and I'm doing it all and thinking that I need to do it all. And that's been a learning thing for me to like actually rely on the people that are there and she It's not like I don't trust her to do it, but that reliance is really hard for me giving.
Speaker 3: So that's been really.
Speaker 2: About like also not relinquishing. Yeah, it's knowing you can take some of the load.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: But it's been really joyful, like I yeah, like I feel really excited about you know, if we were to live together, how it would work. And the dogs have adapted. There were two pieces in a podest no, honest to god, Like wow, Clover has been really difficult in terms of her habits, like breaking the habits that she's asked.
Speaker 2: Do you keep that dog in the bedside table?
Speaker 3: So the bedside tables are crates?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that safe for the dog?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like a dungeon that you would keep like Dobby in where's the light?
Speaker 3: They're only in it for bedtime.
Speaker 2: And they're in both sides. Yeah, oh my god, Okay, no, there there obviously is. But I want you to put up a video of these dog crates. I want to see what people think.
Speaker 1: I'll literally show you like, no, I will show you a photo of Clover last night.
Speaker 2: So maybe they're happy.
Speaker 3: They are happy, I tell you now.
Speaker 2: Here, I am like, what is she doing to the dog?
Speaker 1: That's what she looks like in her crate mind you on her back laying she's happy.
Speaker 2: They're really little dogs, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Melbourne is freezing. It just dropped temperature and so it's so fucking cold.
Speaker 2: So they're not draw They're not cupboards that you turned into crates made for dogs. At what I thought was it was a cupboard that you just had a mesh thing over and the dogs were in theres.
Speaker 1: No, It's like it's like anyone who knows how to look after a dog and has done research on how to train a dog crate training wash and it teaches them. And I think, you know, it's like I want Clover to have her space, but not Koba's. It's her space and the same with Kloba. They're together all the time. And like you know, when I said to me about great training, she didn't have. She had many doubts that Clover would adapt. She's been phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Sho now like she's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say good bye, like good night at bedtime, they jump both and sometimes that you get into the fucking same crate because they want to be stuck together.
Speaker 3: Wow, So like, yeah, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's cute, Okay.
Speaker 1: I think because I imagine Cosmo, because I.
Speaker 2: Had a forty five kilo dog, I just couldn't imagine.
Speaker 1: You know, well, this is a thing, and this is so crazy. And I think like anyone in a new relationship, especially in a same sex relationship, right, Like, we've had so many messages from people being like, it's so nice to see you guys adapting. And they know MIM's relationship through TikTok, and they know my relationship through Instagram okay, and the watching it unfold, right, And they know MIM's dog as Clover being with her ex, right, and they're seeing now Clover, who is the child of that divorce, per se in a new mum relationship and she's thriving, And they're actually sending Mim messages being like, it's so nice to see Clover thriving in her step mom, you know energy, And I think that's really fucking wholeset.
Speaker 2: How much work have you put in with Clover?
Speaker 1: Lot a lot, a lot for good reason. Right, I'm so madly in love with mim. It's ridiculous, like I've never loved it's kind of gross, but like, I'm so lucky. I don't know how the fuck I landed this woman. I had no idea she would even like fall for me in any sense and being with her, like, I don't see our life as a period of time.
Speaker 3: I think I.
Speaker 1: Do see it as like being together and building a life together. So clover coming into my life. It wasn't like she's my step child and I'm like, she's my daughter. I'm taking care of her and I want to make sure she has the most like fulfilled life, right, And I think, like, I know, these are fucking dogs at the end of the day, there's a dogs like like I'm not like and you know your your child is a separation like you lost custody.
Speaker 2: I lost custody the dog, and you know what I'm The thing is that I loved Cosmo enough to leave Cosmo behind. And Cosmo was so happy in the house, in his comfortability. He was very much going to be going here, there, and everywhere if he was to share time with me, which meant that I would have to then stay in contact with the ex. And for me, Cosmo now still lives that great life. He's forgotten about me, and that's okay. I really accept that.
Speaker 1: I don't think he has forgotten about it.
Speaker 2: But dogs, you know, dogs only know what they know. Dogs do, Dogs don't because I think what happens. If I walked past him and he smelled me, he would be like, oh my gosh, all those memories will come back. But right now he's licking his own asshole, taking great big ships on his long walks and he's fine.
Speaker 4: We're talking about it, talking guys, Matthew's ex boyfriend doing it, but subtle shade.
Speaker 3: No, you're hilarious. But mind you.
Speaker 1: We did have to go pick up something at MIM's ex partner's house and we took Clover, and Clover knew exactly did you meet. No, no, no no. But I'm really, like, you know, supportive of the fact that Mim got to take Clover and she's adapted so well, and it's like, you know, and Mim says to me, I feel like this is seeing you how you take care of them, is showing me how you would be as a mother. And I think that's really important to like practice, right. Absolutely, She says that I'll be really hard because in a good way. Obviously I'll probably play bad cop rather than like fun mum, which is fine. I'm more diligent and a bit more like structured and retained. But you know, like I thrive in that. I like my my family to be, you know, all working serendipitously and doing things and like working together and like kind of thriving in that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, speaking of parenthood.
Speaker 1: I know, what's the update on yours.
Speaker 2: We have decided which agency we're going through.
Speaker 3: That's big.
Speaker 2: Embryos are being created in December, so.
Speaker 1: Oh, hang on with.
Speaker 2: I will have a baby next year. Holy, We've got the budget. We know exactly how much it costs this. It'll be my sperm and the sister's egg, so and we'll have a surayet carry the baby. Okay, So to be both Denny and I's DNA, we met with agency from Colombia and the sister has to go through a two month process to get all her tests done. But if that all goes well, we'll use her egg, and if it doesn't, we will use a donu's egg. But hoping that everything goes well with the sister. She's the best candidate, she's the perfect age. Yeah, she's you know, Denny's DNA, you know, blood relative. And we will embed the embryos in December.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, I know.
Speaker 2: Which means that nine months from December the baby will be a virgo.
Speaker 3: So September, Yeah, from.
Speaker 2: December, nine months from yeah, December is September. Yeah, so a virgo. I've got so many virgos in my family. You know, you're talking about star signs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I know't, but like.
Speaker 2: So Beyonce's virgo, which is great. My brother's a virgo, my mum's a virgo, my.
Speaker 1: Dad's a virgo.
Speaker 2: There you go. They're great people. They're very driven. So yeah, I'm really excited because I really wanted to be, you know, biologically connected to my child as a dad, and this is going to be the best process for Denny and I in this scenario.
Speaker 3: Do you feel a bit nervous, like I guess.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have time now. Yeah, really get prepared.
Speaker 3: This is okay, this is the best thing.
Speaker 1: And I feel like being in a queer relationship is that it's a baby, isn't just like, oh shit, okay, we're pregnant.
Speaker 2: It's a huge it's a conversation deal. Many things you have to think about. There's no accidents.
Speaker 1: Time and money and you have that time is huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think about investment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you actually like think about it. It's not just like something that can just you know, in an ideal world, it would be great, just happened, but it's not. And it just I love the process of taking the time out. Because Mim and I just had like a brief chat about children, just like you know, roughly when we're talking about motherhood and stuff, and she said, look, I am like five years off even thinking about it.
Speaker 2: And I said, great, because you're on the same page.
Speaker 3: We are on the same page.
Speaker 1: I mean, i'll be thirty five, so i'll be a little bit older and she'll be just hitting thirty two. And that's okay. I mean, there's so much time to think about it.
Speaker 2: That's what I will be when the baby comes, probably thirty one, you know. So the thing is we're going to have to live in Columbia for a little bit. So at the end of that.
Speaker 1: We're going to do the podcast from Colombia.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go.
Speaker 3: It's first takes Columbia.
Speaker 2: Columbia, Yeah, Mia, more.
Speaker 3: Change.
Speaker 2: But look, I'm really excited to actually live in Columbia and get that support from Denny's family. So we will live there for up to four months after the baby's born. And you know, his tight knit family as many sisters, his mummy's aunties will be really hands on. So having that, you know, support and then bringing baby back and take I know. And the thing is you can select everything.
Speaker 1: How long wait, how long do you have the baby over there until you can bring the baby back?
Speaker 2: Well, I will realistically as long as we want because the.
Speaker 1: Baby want to bring a newborn straight back.
Speaker 2: Well for four months we'll be there. So we'll be there for four months from September until January. If it all goes to plan, and this is you know, this all unfolds, it unfolds in the timeline that we're looking at, it could be later than that, but we'll be there for four months once the baby is born. So we'll stay. We'll get all the documentation done, we'll get the passports done.
Speaker 1: Is it expensive?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 2: So all up around sixty thousand dollars wow, yeah, So around the deposit from sixty to seventy thousand dollars. And this is in Colombia where the pricing is actually quite good, so we're we're looking around sixty. We're actually budgeted, you know, between sixteen eighty. And that's a big investment, massive investments.
Speaker 1: As an investment for your lives, for our life.
Speaker 3: And just like buying a car, you might only need.
Speaker 2: One baby, and I don't mind that because I think giving that child all of my love and attention will be my life.
Speaker 1: Still, what do you think the benefits of being like having two dads is? Because we often think because I don't, I never had my mom growing up like you know, and I think, wow, imagine if I had two moms like I would.
Speaker 2: Be in all forms. And I think that it doesn't need to be the nuclear family that we all once saw, you know. I think that having two dads is the equivalent as having a mom and a dad. And I have motherly instincts. I know that sounds weird as a man to say, but I have I wouldn't say motherly instincts, It's more like feminine traits. And I think that I'll be able to bring that into being that sort of dual mother father figure for the child, and also the mother being Denny's sister, always be connected to the child. So we will go back to Columbia every year. We might have been live in Columbia for some period of time in the future, we don't know. So the baby being biologically a part of Danny's family and having that connection is super important. So we we're not going to choose the gender. There's all these options. Did you know you can choose the gender. You can choose the eye color, you can like you can legit if you're going through IVF, and.
Speaker 3: You can shop a baby if.
Speaker 2: You're not choosing the egg. Like say, for instance, if I was going to go through their catalog and choose a donor, there's like you see the eyes of the woman, you see like the features of the woman. It's like fully like design a baby.
Speaker 1: So odd going through and being like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I would like it gonna come by extra ketchup? Can I get blue with six five?
Speaker 2: And we would just like we don't want to create a product, Like so whatever this baby's gender is, we're happy with. Like, it's not like we're going to choose a boy. You know. It's like if we have a little girl, we'll be girl dads and that's cool. So it's so exciting, Like I can't even tell you how excited I am. Like I feel almost emotional when I think about like my life in a year because I'll be on the you know, on that path of like being.
Speaker 1: So talking about babies and like you know, legal legalities and everything, like is there marriage.
Speaker 3: On the cards?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't, you know, I've always wanted to do.
Speaker 1: You guys want to get married first of.
Speaker 2: All, honestly, we both do. And I think that whether it happens before or after, I've got a bit of a timeline in my hand, in my head. And Denny listens to them. I don't think he listens to the pod every week. So it's sad, but for me, I'm actually like thinking.
Speaker 5: The producers apologize for this interruption. We'll be right back with Maddie and Broke as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you do you want to get married, which is great, but you don't know when So that's like, yeah, well you mean you don't have to get married obviously before you have a baby, Like, there's plenty of time.
Speaker 2: And if I do, I want to make sure that we you know, I'm very aware that Denny's here by himself. You know, he doesn't have any family here, so I want I'm very conseed I'm the Denny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm thinking of moving to Sydney so i can be closer to Mm's family because she has a really supportive.
Speaker 2: Family and I think, like beautiful.
Speaker 1: They've taken me in. Her dad calls me, So her dad calls me, and because he I don't know from the get go, like I've been so invested in Mm's family because you know, obviously all families have their dynamics, and you know, there has been like you know, some not hostility, but you know, they haven't really been in the same roy close. Yeah, and like I my family are you know, send me close in a sense, and I would love that. You know, one Mim and I did definitely get married that they can be in the same room, and everyone was sort of you know, is there for us. So I've actually said to Mim, like, I will make it my mission to get them in the same room because I owe that to them, I owe it to ourselves and I owe it to you know, being how I am like family. So is it like it's so important to me in community, Like I don't have anyone in Melbourne. I'm like, why am I there? I agree, honestly, why the a Everyone says this to me and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, a reason to be here.
Speaker 1: So I think the penny has actually we probably put this as a video. I think the penny has actually clicked. And I think I will move to Sydney in the summer. Yeah, I think I will live out the rest of my sea because it's nice having housemates. You know, at the moment I have to give them some notice, of course, but like at the same time, you know, I've been weighing this decision.
Speaker 2: I've not you know, from thinking about it for a while. Now you have a reason, well, yeah, or you wouldn't live in the Shire.
Speaker 1: Well she wants to live in the Shire.
Speaker 2: Well I think you have to. You have to make a compromise and come halfway in.
Speaker 3: Okay. This is from Maddie's perspective.
Speaker 2: From my perspective, I think a compromise is like San Susi Brighton, there's you know that area is sort of twenty minutes this way and twenty minutes to the city, twenty minutes to Southern Shire. That's a good compromise. Maybe buy out an apartment together there.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's kind of like the next it's weirdly right next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great. I mean you're invested. I love it.
Speaker 1: This is the most exciting part when I have listened to you talk about Denny over the time, and I'm sure most of our listeners have been on that journey with your relationship.
Speaker 3: Like they haven't.
Speaker 1: You know, that's been ins and outs of peapable for me, And that sounds really bad, but it's just like I generally had feel I felt like I honestly manifested mim like if I was going to be with anyone, it's it's the sound of her voice, It's the way she looks, it's the way that she is in personality. Like she is everything that I envisioned with being with a person. And I'm glad that I went through having to like go through all those shitty people over the time of the podcast. And I'm sure everyone who has listened to me complain and bitch and morown about previous partners. It's part of the journey. It's part of the life journey, and like it's led me to be with someone who is so compassionate and so.
Speaker 3: Just beautifully there for me.
Speaker 1: I'm finding the fact that I feel like I need to always still be so independent and that's really hard, but it's exciting talking about, you know, hearing your life plans around babies and stuff like that and just knowing that that's also something that is in my life plan.
Speaker 3: Is that weird?
Speaker 2: No, But I think that's super exciting. I also love that you're visioning, envisioning a future, you know, like it's not I think that temporary.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think when you've had like your small stints in relationships with different people, maybe you didn't believe that there was that future there with them. Now so now you see it and so your mind is going to these other other ways, and I think that's great.
Speaker 1: I just haven't ever like no disrespect, like in even when I was meant to be the person that I'm picking up the end of this show, Like even with them, I could not picture them forever. Yeah, like I was building a life, but it felt like I was building a life for a period of time. Yeah, it didn't feel like you and forever.
Speaker 2: An interesting thing is about that whole experience, though you were limited, and when I'm what I mean by limited is that you had to select from a group of people that's not life. So it's really hard to find your perfect person in that in that cohort.
Speaker 1: So and other people are car stined for me that's right, and they don't know that's right. So yeah, that's when I found Mim. Yeah, and I I shot my shot. I won.
Speaker 2: The rose, the Final Rose.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like it's crazy because yeah, the journey of hearing your stuff and then my stuff and being like excited about all these things, it's crazy. It gives you such a new life perspective of like you get I'm seeing like colors, I'm seeing excitement, I'm seeing joy, Like I'm really like fully experiencing that on like a full forty five D experience.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Like I don't feel so.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like stale or stagnant.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like I'm excited about It could be just the smallest of things of like going and getting our morning coffee and like I have Mim my dad. Actually, this is so beautiful if you know Pete, guys, you know Pete always says the right things and it's so beautiful. But when I called him after the book launch on Saturday. He goes, Oh, I'm so glad Mims with you and you're together because you can now debrief together and you can decompress and you can talk about how that was a big moment of my life. And she's there with me as my partner and like supporting me. Oh my god, I'm gonna get so emotional. But it's just like holy shit, Like I'm like, I have a family, but I'm starting my own and this isn't that crazy? And you probably feel like this too, Like you're you're starting your own family, like it's yours, yeah, and you're creating it and it's everything that you want for yourself and it's not like you have control.
Speaker 3: But I mean, if you're ever.
Speaker 1: Been one of those people that has felt like you like you are a lone wolf and you're doing life by yourself, and you know you've been you know, estranged from your family or you've been fostered or you've been adopted or whatever your circumstances, it's like you honestly do feel like that is not something that I'll ever have. And I think like when you get to a point where you're envisioning a life having this family and creating it yourself. You're like, oh my god, I never thought this would be real. You kind of do feel like you're in a dream.
Speaker 3: State in a sense.
Speaker 2: I think the beautiful thing that you're going to experience to is the ebbs and flows a relationship like this relationship when you when you get to that level of investment where you're like, yeah, this is the person who I'm going to be with. I think you also get to an understanding that it's not always going to be like you know and happy times. And I think what I learned along the way with Denny is that understanding my part and really understanding them. See how they feel when you say certain things, See how they react to certain things, See how they conflict, Like what's their fight style or stresses them out? All of those little things really taking in because then you can react in a way that or diffuse something that might end up being huge, you know, much easier.
Speaker 1: And so like you're using all the life skills as well that you've built and you've like unpacked and relearned and unlearned and all that stuff you're putting it into like a practical sense in a relationship, you're looking at someone where it's like you're not just looking at yourself and being like what do I want and what am I doing? You're like looking at your partner being like they're not feeling good? What can I do to make them feel good? Like it's it's shifting. I've always been a loving and a very giving person, but I feel like my generosity and my love is being received and it's being received and it's being felt and it's given back to me in the ways that I need. And we talk about this all the time, Like my love love language is just like I'm an access service girl, Like I love taking care of my family and I love it, but Memes is not. And how I need to love her is she needs to feel the love. She needs to feel it physically, and that's so fine, and I will yeah, yeah, And I think we're still learning. Obviously it's only been three months, guys, but it does feel like something building and I just, yeah, I agree with you in that sense.
Speaker 3: It's like you.
Speaker 1: The shift of your mindset is it's not about me anymore. It's about us, and it's about what we can do for each other to live such a more fulfilling life and relationship, you know, And I think I've always wanted that. I've always like dreamt of it, and I thought as well, like I've challenged myself so many times with other things, and I always feel like when I get to an obstacle, I'm like, it's too hard, I can't go. But this just doesn't feel like that, Like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Ready for the fights.
Speaker 1: I'm ready for the challenges because I'm like, how are we going to get through it? Because we are going to get through it. I know that we are.
Speaker 2: I think that's a beautiful place to like be. Is where you see that you're a partner. Isn't your enemy in a fight?
Speaker 1: No, you're a team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a team. So it's like, how do you get to the other side. It's actually something I learned in the book that you gave me about j J Loves Like one of the things that I learned is that when you're having conflict, don't see yourself as on opposing teams. And that's been super helpful for me. Like I'm like the ego then has to bow down and be like, actually, this isn't about who's going to win. This is about how do we both win, because if one of us wins, we both lose.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like, it's like this thing as well, like all right, we've spoken about it before as well, like X. Yeah, I think X kind of come from a place of you've made me feel uncomfortable, but I haven't addressed it with you, and it's manifested.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I that was a big reflection for me because in past relationships, I would get the ick so easily. Yeah, and I'd be like, how can I Why am I not getting over this? Why do I feel like? And it is a feeling, but it's a feeling of uncomfortableness. And I think, like there's these little pet peeves that you have, like if someone doesn't click their toenails, disgusting, gross, that is ikey, But you can change that.
Speaker 3: It's not a deal breaker.
Speaker 1: But sometimes people God, look at me full circle moment about the perspective of an ick when I would I have a whole list of it?
Speaker 3: Yes, right, this.
Speaker 2: Is great, it's great. Yeah. I actually was asked what my EQ was the other day of a partner. Yeah, and I found it really hard to find one. I found it really hard to find an eke. I was going maybe this, maybe that, maybe this, But then I was going.
Speaker 1: No, why are you creating it exactly?
Speaker 2: So I was looking for what my EQ was with at and I couldn't find it. Like one of the things that came to mind was the lack of opinion. But that's not an ick, you know, like when you ask someone like their opinion and I don't give it to you and they like surface level m like. But I was I think I created that in my mind as a big problem when it's like that isn't a big problem. Who cares if they don't have a huge opinion.
Speaker 1: You know, why do they need to?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, from the days of sitting in the hotel of all LaRue creating out EQ lists, remember on TikTok, Wow, we've matured.
Speaker 3: I know, look at us.
Speaker 2: Go No.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is the evolution of like.
Speaker 1: Getting older and being more mature and then being able to realize things. And I reached that yeah, yeah, less judgmental. And I think we don't really teach our young generation about these things. And I think because it's not the time yet, like they need to come to it later. And I think I needed to come too late. I think and I went to New York. I think that was a huge thing for me because I did that for me, and I'd been doing so much stuff for other people in the year, and I was like, no, I'm going to do this for me. And I felt like, I just it's so weird how I could come to myself at a place that wasn't my home, you know. And I think that's kind of me as well, Like I make home wherever my people are, and right now my people is mim and my life and it's her family. I like, yeah, I just I can't describe the feeling of like being like, well, I've just gained two moms and two.
Speaker 2: Dads, you know, Like it's a beautiful I know what that feels like.
Speaker 1: And another dad, and you know, my dad's gray and I love him so much and like he you know, I adopted him. He didn't adopt me, but I adopted him. But then, you know, and I'm making these I'm healing my other family, like you know, I took him to Easter break. I told you this, but I hadn't seen my stepmom for ages, and I went and saw them and my grandparents, who have been married for fifty years. Who are my stepmom's parents? And I'm starting to hear those little parts of my my life, my feelings. I don't know, because I feel like one day we're all going to be, you know, at the wedding, and I'm going to be like, these are all the people that changed my life and got me to this, you know, to be with this beautiful woman.
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: God, after three months, it's kind of crazy, feel lesbian?
Speaker 3: Well you are so bad?
Speaker 2: Did you get married?
Speaker 5: The producers are extremely sorry for this interruption.
Speaker 2: Oh well that is exciting. I'm like, okay, that's that's.
Speaker 5: Like, oops, it happened again. The producers are incredibly sorry and embarrassed by this new interruption. We'll be right back with Maddie and Brooke as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: All right, let's wrap it there.
Speaker 3: Do you want to wrap it there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you want to do like your wedding non negotiables? Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like what is okay? I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 3: Are you doing something blue?
Speaker 2: No, I'm doing Are you.
Speaker 3: Wearing a suit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you wearing a black or you're going to do white suits?
Speaker 2: I think that we could do white and black?
Speaker 1: Are you getting like eloped? And then having a bit big party or are you doing a ceremony and a reception.
Speaker 2: I think the perfect plan and I'm going to be doing nine percent of the planning here, but I would I would.
Speaker 1: Wait wait because like will Danny have like because his.
Speaker 2: Input, but he will have input in the Columbia side of things. I think we might have a massive wedding celebration in Columbia and it might be in like a farm and do a huge celebration.
Speaker 3: Or his family is a location wedding, the.
Speaker 2: Location wedding, but we would have two weddings, one here and one there.
Speaker 3: Slay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's the first thing about like I guess having like a partner who is like culturally diverse or anything like that, because I think like weddings aren't enough, like in mod like when do we have weddings? More funerals and weddings us to God.
Speaker 2: Like can somebody get married already and we can go to a wedding? Like come on.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because like I had my acting friends come to the book launch on Saturday and we're all talking and I was like, guys, I'm really excited that we all just became so close blah, blah blah, you know, as you do in friend groups, like because some people just grow up with each other from high school and they and everyone sort of gets married and has children at the same time.
Speaker 3: Like I don't have that.
Speaker 1: But like I feel like I said, oh, I can't wait for you know, one of us actually to get married and we can all be at each other's weddings.
Speaker 3: And then they just looked at.
Speaker 1: Girl. Yeah, I was like, guys three months and then I'm like the late little kid.
Speaker 2: Well, look, love is a is a big thing.
Speaker 1: We love love, love love.
Speaker 2: But I'm excited for you.
Speaker 1: I love for your journey with Surrogancy. It's going to be so beautiful. I can't wait to be Auntie Brooke and I know I'm going to be a heart I mean with other people who's like being an auntie it is like the coolest thing, like being like here, have them back.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be such a helicopter parent in the beginning. I just know this about myself, Like that's not good, I know, but I'm gonna have to work on it. I'm going to have that kid in therapy at age too.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should have like I mean, there's no manual to parenting is there?
Speaker 3: Like we all fuck it up?
Speaker 1: We all?
Speaker 2: I mean, do you think of the name manual e manual? No, just manual? M A and you e l manual because it's Maddie and Daniel or is that just lame? I don't Manuel Manuel Manuel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Manuel's nice Manuel.
Speaker 2: Manual car not a manual car. No, it's a you eat el trust you.
Speaker 1: To put manual because he's in like I like it but I do.
Speaker 2: But it's growing up and a girl Amelia a m no e.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that's nice.
Speaker 2: That's very like Colombian.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well that's all we have time for today. Guys, thanks so much for listening, because like, we haven't given you much of a life update for a while, and now that's right, we haven't.
Speaker 2: You know, what's going on.
Speaker 1: We've been interviewing, having some really good guests on. But it's nice to have a little unpark with you, guys. Maddie's leaving us soon, so it's just going to be you and I soon, that's right.
Speaker 2: Actually, while this is out, I'm probably on the plane you are, I mean Europe. You'll be seeing my update on social media. But if you want to hear anything, from us, or you want us to cover anything on the pod, make sure you hit us up. On social media. You can find Brook at Brook dot bloat and me at It's Maattie Meals and follow my European journey on socials. But if you want to hear other podcasts as well, you can check out and Over podcast Official.
Speaker 1: See you guys next week. Bye,