Speaker 1: Welcome to the Daily Telegraph NROL podcast. It's full of magic this week and to share the love, I've got Bretton Reid and David, Ricky Harley fellas well Mickey Terry Onis very well, ready, goody, good week.
Speaker 2: Has been a big week. What's going on?
Speaker 1: News around on?
Speaker 2: It's always a big week in.
Speaker 1: The n W.
Speaker 2: It's a big week.
Speaker 1: That means it's not always a busy week in the NROL. Then okay, you with me.
Speaker 2: It's a busy week in anticipatient. Well, let's start with there's a.
Speaker 1: Bit of coaching news in and around the game. Let's start with your story, Dave, that you brought on Tuesday night that you broke regarding Ricky Stewart and his new contract details any surprise by not so much that Ricky is extended, but the length of of that deal. Look, I've been making inquiries with the Raiders probably.
Speaker 3: Probably four weeks ago, four to five weeks ago, and I know I just started making the inquiries on the basis if I just like where the Raiders have been heading this year, I don't think you could. I don't think many other teams have been in this situation where they're sitting inside the top eight with such a rookie spine. And I read that police guys a few weeks ago now that they had their youngest, most inexperienced one six and seven in their entire history against the Sharks. It was Chevy Shield at fullback, Ko Works at half back and Ethan Strange at five eighth.
Speaker 1: And yeah, they got bad that day.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is they're in this development phase of you know, basically trying to get three years ahead of other clubs by blooding these players earlier than what they're expected anyway, So look, I just like what they were doing, and it led to the point where I got a response that yes, indeed they were looking to extend Ricky, which which unfolded. He was on contract to the end of twenty five and they pushed him out through until twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Ready any suit, any surprise by.
Speaker 2: Maybe with the length of the deal. It's a long it's a long extension. But you know, we all love Ricky. He's a great character to having the game right. I mean, rugby league's better when ri Ricky's involved. I think he's done a good job down there and day it's right I mean they've committed to go with youth and keeping Ricky long term allows that Ricky to bring that youth through and it shows a bit of faith and then he doesn't need to get immediate results. He can he can take his time with his kids, grow with them. And you know, I think that club, it's not like your average club don't talk. You know, the fans haven't made happy and you're talking other people. But it's a unique club and he is a unique coach for that club. Well, there's not many coach in the game who are more suited to a footy club that a foot club than Ricky is. The camera is camera, So you know, I think that I.
Speaker 3: Don't think fans understand and just hold on, Yes, I don't patient.
Speaker 1: I don't think fans appreciate the.
Speaker 3: Struggle the challenges that camera have to recruit talent and retain talent and you really need.
Speaker 1: To figure head coach there. You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't have anyone that's our first time you needed someone with profile. Let it be known that Ricky Stewart can pick up the phone to Peter Valandi's He picks up the phone to end to abdou He has connections throughout the game, and that comes through his experience of being involved in the game.
Speaker 1: At the highest level for so long.
Speaker 3: And I think that's paramount to the success of the Raiders. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think they've made the finals the last four out of the last five years.
Speaker 2: OK. I don't know, it sounds right.
Speaker 3: I don't think you know, looking at pass marks, I don't have premierships in camp. Yes, everyone wants a premiership, but I don't have premierships in camera.
Speaker 1: Whether it's deemed a successful failure.
Speaker 2: Really quickly. For the reason you'll be very quiet, Can I tell the listeners.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to because YouTube some comments towards the top suggesting.
Speaker 2: Sort of top people. So he's taking that to heart.
Speaker 1: Taking them back seace.
Speaker 2: Today when everyone else is stored. So you can.
Speaker 1: Sorry. I'm surprised by the length of it twenty nine. I think was there a necessity to draw him out that long? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like stability, I think he still Ricky is so comfortable in his own skin, and we've seen the way he's coached this year that he's he hasn't been a guy that's fearful of his job and he's going to blood those youngsters and he's done an exceptional job this year.
Speaker 1: I hadn't I said on him, I had a bottom four this year.
Speaker 3: Right, they have done finish, but I don't think at the halfway will We're not at the halfway well almost at the halfway point.
Speaker 1: They're one of these success stories of the season so far. Can but they've been outstanding in not only you know, they've had to deal with some injuries as well. They finally got Jordan up in a back, so I think the coaching this year has been outstanding. I am surprised by the length of the deal. I just didn't know. I don't think you needed to do that.
Speaker 3: I think the length of the deal is timed with the current rookies that are being bloody through the team, and they are Ethan's strange through until twenty eight. I'm pretty sure it gives stability for these younger players. And also when you're trying to recruit, it makes it so much easier when you can tell the player you're trying to chase to who the coach is for the next three to four years and this is my plan for you, and this is what I believe you're going to be able to do when coaches aren't contracted beyond the next one to two years, it's difficult for a player outside to commit to that football club knowing that now she is on getting promised everything at the moment, coach might not be here in two years time. So I think it's about stability. And one of the interesting points boys, I haven't raised this before, is that a rival club I was talking to rival club about five weeks ago, and Ricky walked into a press conference and just gone absolutely on the defense, which he does for his team. It's like he puts a barrier between himself and the rest of the world and the team behind him. And a rival club said, you know what, if we were to move on our coach, the first person would chase.
Speaker 1: Is Ricky Stewart. And I.
Speaker 3: Think that can't be understated about how he's also perceived within the game, about how he creates that win it all costs environment for the Raiders.
Speaker 1: As ready said, it's good theater that Ricky remains press conferences, always entertaining on the sidelines. To me, yeah, speaking of the entertainment. A last a minute at the moment with Wayne Bennett He's been in fine form with his press conferences at the moment. Suggestions yesterday that he officially committed to South Sydney, both parties have sort of said that's not the case. But just being so boring me. I think if we sit down this time next week we all expect Wayne Benett. I'm seriously, it's boring. What's boring about what he is doing? One of the what's what's the hold up? Why we I don't know?
Speaker 2: Wayne? Wayne was playing.
Speaker 3: Wayne sneezes and were reported playing games with the media and with clubs and keeping people guessing.
Speaker 2: And we all know what's going to happen, right, It's going to end up at House. It's going to coach House for the next three years, then probably coach P and G when they coming in the comp in twenty and.
Speaker 1: Then Sam Burgess will be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we all you know, Wayne just just doesn't want to it to be formally announced to Wayne's ready to formally announce it. So it'll happened. Nick, Yeah, I made a magic ground. Probably sign off the contract and Bob's your uncle. Move on.
Speaker 1: I like the fact. Or we'll get some more clarity on it from South in the next couple of weeks. But if I'm them, I'm not making the same mistake and putting the cap on Wayne Wayne's tenure. I'm not saying in the fourth year, this is who's coaching.
Speaker 2: But I think Wayne has my gap feelers. Wayne's almost committed to coach the expansion team.
Speaker 3: If Wayne thinks he can win a comp in that fourth year of SOUSE, He's not going anywhere, regardless of what.
Speaker 2: If he's given Peter Landy to promise I'll coach them, because.
Speaker 1: He hasn't broken his word before.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, I'm being serious though, And if I'm if, I'm if, I'm I don't know. If I'm well, ask the Dragons, ask the roosters. Oh you're talking about yeah, directly to PVL, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not saying he has made a promise to people. Yeah, our suggestions, PV. I wants him to coach the P and G team when it comes to.
Speaker 1: Me seventy seven, seventy eight by.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, wh shows no signs.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: He loves that PNG and he plays games with us.
Speaker 3: Just with that the media, it's be a lot of trouble in that PG, so it wouldn't be so private jet.
Speaker 2: But the suggestion is going to get a private jet.
Speaker 1: I think what's our Sydney. They don't need to worry about who's going to be their next coach. Yeah, until you know, well, once we get into year two and whatever the case, maybe I'd be surprised if it's not Dave. The question will be is when they can do they put Sam into that role alongside Wayne in that third year when it's not necessary.
Speaker 4: I think is better off doing what he's doing Warrington, So that was that would have mean he would have coached in the Super League for three years, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like not, but if you're head coaching superle are you going to come back to serve the year as an assistant coach to Wayan Bennett or that's true.
Speaker 1: It just depends on if you're coming back guaranteed with that position, then you do. If you're not guaranteed, I don't think it's absolutely necessary and I don't think it is.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying I think I think you can love in Sydney in October of course preseason on in November.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, there's no there's there's no great need or rush to have Sam Burgess as part of that coaching staff unless he wants to unless he wants to return because this is his home now, right and we're closely with Wayne. But I just don't if I'm South, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Question sounds and crisis at the moment. Right, there are all sorts.
Speaker 1: Yes. Can Wayne walk in there, Yes.
Speaker 2: And turn them into a contender with that squad?
Speaker 1: I think you can because if you look at that squad right this side that's playing North Queens, then play the Dragons unreconnic. But if we throw in Latrell, Campbell, Graham. But I'm talking, these are the names that are in that side, right, Patroll, Campbell, Graham, Cody Walker, Keon Tatola, Widen, Cam Murray Arrow. Okay, there's eight representative really good players there. Cody iven' ever mentioned Cody and Cook right because their former well their formers waiving.
Speaker 2: I want to get the best out of Cody.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think you can build that Like people have been so too critical of the roster that the issue is is the balance of the ross is not there. Right. You can pick holes in terms of their middles and the like, but we haven't seen You've got laws god, right, So that's.
Speaker 2: A great thing.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's the top eight side. Whether it's a Premiership winningside, I'm not sure, but it is the top eight side. And then the upside of having Wayne in there to get the best out of la Cody, which you're going to back him to do. Who knows, who knows what.
Speaker 2: The top fourteen, it's top fourteen next year.
Speaker 1: And we've got a bit of sprinkling of some talent they need. Good point, Yeah, Monroe, and I didn't mention Alex Johnston and the wife right so the site is not as bad as people suggestion right on, if you can get them all all fit.
Speaker 3: And what understand my understanding is the salary caps out of whack. So something's going to have to give and they're gonna have to tap a few players, yeah, for for Wayne to get some flexibility in the raw stuff.
Speaker 1: And we've overpaid in a couple of areas. We've heard them and we know that they want to talk to them. They've reached out to Angus Crichton, whether or not they'd have the finances to get that done. They've signed laws Dodd. You're looking at props.
Speaker 2: In England as well, which is of course a little bit of drama.
Speaker 1: If lock Ilias moves then that will clear up some part of their cap. Is the first player that's asked for permission to.
Speaker 3: The possible drama is if Dodd doesn't fire huge which is the possibility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because that's a big money sign in a position where you could argue if they needed to make it or not, but in a side that's salary cap is so tight. They've gone all in a on a seven who were just not sure's not sure.
Speaker 2: He looks a good player though. I think Wayne. Wayne's a smart coach, and he looks a good player, and he's a smart player.
Speaker 1: Do we believe that?
Speaker 3: I wonder if ends up staying for that fire on a year of his contract on the back of a broken leg, fine and finds his feet again just and then allows him to put himself in the shop window to go again to market, but he.
Speaker 2: Won't play first grade. That's the issue.
Speaker 1: Well, if Dog doesn't fire, he will. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they spent a lot of money on Dowd and I think they'll they'll stick with him for as long as they can.
Speaker 1: I think black Sol said if the coach doesn't want Lewis thought, he's not the coach for us. No, No, I know what you mean. He might. He might.
Speaker 2: Eliots will end up somewhere. There's clubs that need halves of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's what I'm saying is he's on a pretty good deal at South in the final year of his contract. Stick around for twelve months, get through the broken legs, show you back in form, then you're on your way again.
Speaker 2: It just feels like to me, it's too far gone.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, there's a bit of that and you'll.
Speaker 2: Get like the dogs and the dogs now it's too far gone in a laye.
Speaker 1: His issues not with Wayne Batat. That's right, that's exactly. So if Wayne sees something and he wants to give him a cuddle and they brought no, No, I get that.
Speaker 2: It makes sense. I need and we've just said he keeps out of whack.
Speaker 1: Is Cody Cody's got twelve months left on his deal. Is he guaranteed to be there? You know? Danmid Cole's got twelve months left on his deal? Is he guaranteed?
Speaker 2: Wayne? Wayne's shocked If.
Speaker 1: I'd be shocked you if.
Speaker 2: Cookie is the one I think we've all acknowledged Damien Cooks the interesting one at all.
Speaker 3: Who would find that he would find historically I'm just trying to think historically through the clubs.
Speaker 1: Wayne likes that experienced half.
Speaker 3: He gets a little bit more out of the older half, and can and maybe.
Speaker 1: Get a bit more juice out of Cody Walker. I reckon he can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They've got Mamilla's to play Hooker, a long.
Speaker 1: Term deal and decent money as well.
Speaker 3: Thinking that he would slide into to replace Cook as well just doesn't quite happen.
Speaker 2: It's happened. It's happening now right, the sort of transition at the moment, it's just what it sounds like. Cookie doesn't want to go. Yeah, so that's when it becomes an issue.
Speaker 1: Speaking of people, they don't want to go. David for Feeder Dao. Wow.
Speaker 2: I think we're all stunning.
Speaker 1: All shocked around just before eight am on Wednesday morning, when a couple of emails lobbed into our inbox.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a prank. Yeah, I thought it was like a seriously.
Speaker 1: I didn't really read it. And then the phone starts blowing up and I'm like, what's going on here? And then going wow, So this all came out out of a bit of a surprise for us, it happened. It came out of surprise to the Roosters as well, when Nick Politis received the phone call from for Feeder's management late on on Tuesday night, about ten pm on Tuesday night, the first call was made, and then Nick woke up early on Wednesday morning, rang the coach and said, you know that David for Feeder guy, he's not coming and it's sort of unfolded from there. As of Wednesday afternoon, David had yet to reach out to the Roosters personally, and I'm not sure if that's since, but obviously we're all surprised by what do we make of that day for the Roosters, I guess initially and then ready for the Titans.
Speaker 3: Well, it certainly rocked the Roosters boat, that's for sure, because they had done a lot of forward planning for twenty five twenty six and it all included David Feeda a big blue chip salary cap signing and now that's that's a huge chunk of your cap, and you know, the repercussions around Angus, Crichton and Statilli Toupreneur are the big ones at the moment, and I'm a little bit concerned what impact that will have in the dressing room when you're told two players that you're free to go suddenly.
Speaker 1: No, maybe it's a chance we can keep you.
Speaker 2: I don't think Tupanoa stays day. I think that's you're right about his reaction. I think Touperneur will leave because I think we'll get interest from elsewhere and the fact they told him basically you're free to guard I think I think in his head, my sense is that he's gone, he will go. I think Angus is the chance is staying.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: They always said that they were hopeful to keep the Angus, so even if Dave was coming. So the issue is with Angers. His price has gone up, and what they thought they might have got Angers for a month or two months ago, it's doubled now and he's going to There's a lot of clubs interest in Angus as well, So that's the challenge for them where Angus is conserved. I think Enturepreneur will leave.
Speaker 1: I think he's Do you think he'll still go regardless?
Speaker 2: I think you'll still going regardless. Yeah, they've still got too many.
Speaker 1: Bad as depending on Angus now or well.
Speaker 2: Think as I said, I think it's hard for them to.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't resign it back now. I wouldn't one step at the So you think that even for feeder taking charge, Angus Crichton goes and they lose, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's every chance that till he leaves.
Speaker 1: Yes, even if Angus doesn't stay correct well, and you think they shouldn't reach I.
Speaker 3: Don't think they should resign Angus. And I'm seeing what everyone's saying. I'm seeing a back in charge just dominating him. And however, it's taken a long time, a long time for Angus Crichton to get to this.
Speaker 1: Point in time.
Speaker 3: And my concern with the Roosters is is that there's a vacuum of talent leaving the club, a lot of leadership leaving the club.
Speaker 1: And I'm not.
Speaker 3: Being overly harsh towards Angus year, but he's not a recognized leader. And so when the Roosters go through this change next year, a bit of a reset, blooding new players, I don't know if Angus is the leader that the Roosters need.
Speaker 1: To be guiding them.
Speaker 3: And I just wonder if they just go right, twenty twenty five is a reset year. Use Angus's money for twenty six. What is it, six hundred seven hundred right? Put me probably, you know, use that money wisely for twenty six and go again. I just don't see twenty five as being a major roosters a year, given the amount of players that they're going to lose, So why not just call it without at this and he's starting form.
Speaker 1: Has been irresistible though Ogam, he should be picked. He's a form back row.
Speaker 3: He's playing better than you've got a little bit Martin or any other back row in your.
Speaker 1: Look at the rooster's point of view, Mike, they've put, they've put years into it. Han't be bad all that time. Like last year he was terrible. The year before he was playing for Australia and New South Wales when he was outstanding. He's in career best form I think now. But obviously last year was a ride off. That first year was a bit up and down. But those I think, you know, the year before the World Cup year he was out he was outstanding.
Speaker 3: So I touched on this when when when on three sixty, when I said the potential ripple effect of Dave Forfer to go on to the penrth about how you know those players have taken pay cuts and stayed there for a lot less and you're dropping a million dollar player.
Speaker 1: Into your system. And I think we're going to see it now with the Roosters in a weird and different way where.
Speaker 3: We were going to see it he was going under the Ruses, and the Ruses needed to tap Creighton and.
Speaker 1: To Beneur to make way for him.
Speaker 3: Now it's the opposite effect of he's not coming and they've got two players that they've told we're we're not sure about it.
Speaker 2: It's a dangerous and culture.
Speaker 1: You love the shining new toy right, and they're sort of when you.
Speaker 3: Say, there, it's a delicate it's a delicate dressing room.
Speaker 1: It is, it is, it is, And I think on the precipice of stuffing your culture, it is difficult to navigate the blokes that you're coaching now and the Ruses are in this shot premiership shot, no doubt. I think everyone thinks the russ can win the comp this year and trying to plan for the future against blokes but that are in your doors, that you're seeing every day, so that is that is a delicate conversation that and we've heard Angus earlier in this week. I think it was the way he wasn't overly pleased by the for fee to sign in and yeah didn't he didn't.
Speaker 2: So I think there was a bit of a miscommunication here though, because the club had been talking to his agent, the agent Dave just Dave Ruins, and got around to speaking us about the latest or the lay of the land. So that's I think there was a bit of miscommunication there.
Speaker 1: I can't I'd be stunned with all the players, this has been around long enough to know what to say, not what to say.
Speaker 3: What was a pointed message, right, I'd be surprised if I'm the Roosters and I don't land for fed and all that cryder and the tone will walk.
Speaker 1: Out that door. What was interesting was hoops last night on three sixty, backing up the stuff that you had on Sean Johnson from a couple of weeks ago, a year fifty but where people were hammering us smashed the roosters linked from the media. Do you want to have a do you have your say back reading your.
Speaker 2: Clowns out there on social media.
Speaker 1: Pipe down, bradyways A Right.
Speaker 2: Declared Nathan Clear was going to West that was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: We've moved on. He's put out James Crame point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we wrote that. We got smashed over that. Yeah, they were in form they had a red or roosters. It's a great result, a great result for the time looking for them, because you know, I wrote a column last week saying they need to pay attention to what the roosters have done. They've turned around and kept him. So I got a bit egg on my face there. But it's good for Dave. If you know Dave, he's a very simple guy. Dave Right, He does family and that's the big thing for him in this situation. It's very tight with his family, and I don't think he really what's the word I'm looking for, really come to terms with the fact that he was leaving his family and you gonna have to move away from his family. And I think ultimately that's what's brought him back. There is obviously paid apartment and hazard and committing him to State, but I think the overriding theme was it was about he didn't want to move away from his family. In the end. And the other ingesting thing was he really wrestled with that. Even after he made the decision to go to the Roosters, he was having the second thoughts about whether he should have gone to Penrith, second thought, second second thoughts, second thoughts. He actually he just struggled on multiple levels with the decision. So ultimately he's decided to stay, and I'm I'm happy that he is staying.
Speaker 1: Do we like the ten day calling off period? I don't like it at all.
Speaker 5: I don't mind what's signed a contract though, what's the big deal He's only agreed to go signed PIOD right, Well, some people have told me, isn't someone said he was.
Speaker 3: But makes the difference because you can still do this within the rules if you sign it like it's I've got no drama with it.
Speaker 1: Why do we need it? Well?
Speaker 2: Will this thing example, they.
Speaker 1: Just make it in mind. Up, there's a lot of players out there, and it's there's.
Speaker 3: A massive career, life changing decisions of which the summer twenty one, twenty two, twenty three years of age to Ready's point though, for food is hugely family focused and once and I've got no doubt, I've got no doubt, the headlines down here, the booing of the Titans fans. I think it all played a role in his emotions, and I think I think it's justifiable give them.
Speaker 1: My issue the call the ten day cooling off period, correct me if I'm wrong. Read is that the fact that you still you can notify your current club, but you still don't have to take the offer from the club, the buying club, the buying club. Yes, right, So I think the way it should work is that, And that doesn't mean you have to stay your current club either. You can just blow it up completely, you can go back on the market. So my issue with the ten day cooling off period is that you should be made if in that ten day period, so say you're David Fieda, you go to the Titans. Look, I've got this offer from this club. I've agreed or whatever the case, whatever the wording is, if he doesn't accept, if he doesn't stay at the Titans, he must take the original offer that's on the table within that ten day period, because otherwise it's just leverage, it's a joke, it's playing it in their own way. You should be made.
Speaker 3: That was my original point when this whole think this is new this year, right, came out in the in the off season. I'm pretty sure I think it came the first season. Last year it was announced.
Speaker 1: But that's my whole point of it is is that that's fine.
Speaker 3: You can have a cooling off period, but you should be made to stick to stick figures, to stick with.
Speaker 1: That club that you've agreed to, because you know, we can have some funny games and charades and the like where you know, he could have ended up at Penrith, we could have ended up at another club. Right, So you should only be able to after that ten day period, you either stay at your current club or you go to the club where you mistigated that ten day The.
Speaker 2: Were suggestions once he made the decision to go to the roost and didn't I even clearly text him after that and say, hate, we're still.
Speaker 3: Interested, We're still because of the t So I don't like that a real quick curly one throw Sam Walker. Do the Titans, well, they don't now make a play for Sam Walker given that, given that we know, excuse me, that.
Speaker 1: One of the pulling powers off the Roosters was Dave's, they have to have to make him way for Sam Walker.
Speaker 2: The Rusters will not let him go to Man.
Speaker 1: He's going to be a min of player. Someone like someone will give me. Sam doesn't want to go back to Queensland.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I spect him two weeks ago I think it was, and he said, I'm Sydney's my home, the roosts of my home now and I want to start players say that right when you put him under the blow torch. But he seemed pretty genuine about it, and.
Speaker 1: The Roosters are pretty intent to build a team around him.
Speaker 2: The issue is if you're the Gold Coast, If I'm the Gold Coast, I'd run the Gold Coast. If I've got the cap room, I'm throwing one point two one point three out him. I agree the Russes won't go there.
Speaker 1: The only catch to that is they've already got ten o one a million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not about one point.
Speaker 1: Two feed on close to million.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if, like, if I was the Gold Coast, would I have fought so hard to pay David Ford million dollars when I need to rejig that roster completely.
Speaker 2: It doesn't in a complete region half why Yeah, I think if they get a half, it's so I think.
Speaker 3: They need two halves because Ford is on the way out right. Yeah, he's a week by week proposition, so they need to Brimston completely.
Speaker 2: Got one controlling half like a Sam Walker. You can play with a J J And Campbell.
Speaker 1: Well they are both so far Dares and Justin Holbrook have been unable to unlock both those at the same time on the field.
Speaker 2: Well that's an issue to go to resolve, right, But you can play one of them at.
Speaker 1: Sick can you?
Speaker 2: I think you can.
Speaker 1: A J was playing at center this year.
Speaker 2: Campbell one of them.
Speaker 1: They both need to be on the field and a coach needs to work out how to use them both because they are.
Speaker 2: But maybe if you've got Sam Walker and half back.
Speaker 1: There's some points in them. Then if you and Campbell and the forward packs not for feeder both firmer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all those players you just mentioned, they're in Queensland origin. Yeah. The Ford is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you get a half back with a j Aiden Campbell.
Speaker 3: A J would have been close again to getting on the Coinsland bench if he wasn't injured.
Speaker 2: Who were the Senators again, I can't remember this Senates though they've.
Speaker 1: Got Brian Kelly, Right, Kelly, all right, you're the center.
Speaker 2: Somewhere miraculous. Who signed Sam Walker and get a center? That team's a contender. I'm declaring it today.
Speaker 1: Walker had another one of your top eight readments next year. Cool. So there's been lots of injuries to keep players over the last couple of weeks. I just want to have a little, just a little question for you guys regarding on who misses who more. All right, so let's let's run a list of big name players who may or may not play this week. Most of them won't the anyone we're not sure about his Nicko Hines. But so if we got Calm Pong and Newcastle, Tommy Travoyevich Manly, Nathan Cleary, Penrith, Mitch Moses, Parramatta, Nico Hines, Canella, Adam Reynolds, Risbon, we can only pick one because I've got two. Well, give me a list. Well, I think in order?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look all, I think the Knights are proving that they can cope without Kaitlin.
Speaker 1: Remarkable, right, They're three from three without Klein. Yep, going great.
Speaker 3: That being said, not in finals matches, and they won't cope without kaaln so right now.
Speaker 1: They're going well.
Speaker 3: Mainly absolutely cannot cope without Tom Traboovich. That has been proven over season after season. Ye, Penwoth can definitely cope without Nathan Clearly through this period, which.
Speaker 1: Is crazy because clear is probably the best player on that list. But I don't know what systematic. Yeah, I agree, totally systematic.
Speaker 3: The only cast of that is Brad Schneider, there's the backup half is now injured. But they've proven they can cope with their Cleary. Paramatta cannot cope without Mitchell Moses. That's proven he is. He's a leader on the field, he's their energizer. He asks more of the players than what willing to give when he's out there. Sharks have proven last week against they can cope without Nicko Hines and the Broncos.
Speaker 1: I'm fifty to fifty on these guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, they did it against Paramatta last week without Adam, but they were absolutely there to be beaten and Paramta just weren't good enough. No Recee Walsh as well, he's laid out for I.
Speaker 2: Think they've lived without Reynolds. I think they've got enough talent they can live without Reynolds. Tommy and Mitch are the obvious ones. Yeah, we've seen what Power has been like without Mitchell, Moses here there, they're legless, completely legless.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised about Kaitlin as well and Newcast because if you asked me three weeks ago, I probably would have had Kaylen in the top of that list.
Speaker 1: Who are they beaten?
Speaker 3: They met, they beat the Tigers last week, Dolphins.
Speaker 1: And who did they They've got all that dogs? N I love.
Speaker 2: Look anyway, I think Mitch is the obvious one they've been. Yeah, they're just they're the leaderlessless worries without.
Speaker 3: Dolphins, worries, Tigers, they're beaten without Pong, Yeah without that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: So they've got the Titans. They've got the Titans at Magic Round. Yeah, it's winnable games. They could be forward or they should win that game.
Speaker 2: Without kayleb Power, it could be two more weeks without Mitch. Most of the way it's going, there's something some talking. Won't be back next week, and then if he gets picked for Origin. Yeah that's a long that's a long line through their season.
Speaker 1: That's a long stretch. But I think you're right there. If I was ranking them, i'd say Mitch is number one, Tommy two. I know they're three from three, but I go Kalen three, the Newcastle Knights and then into Nico Adam Reynolds and then Cleary. Who is the best player on that list. I would say Penrith missing the least and that's because of the players in and around them. I think it's an interesting cars combination for Penrith this week. Very quickly.
Speaker 2: I was really impressed with the Carnela without Nick. Such a world and it's one of the top five victories in Kronolis history. So well coached, he's such a good coach, great, such.
Speaker 1: A good coaching.
Speaker 3: It's one of their best victories since the sixteen Grand Final, and I think it's top five all the time when just talking to coaching staff twenty four hours in the twenty four hours after Nicko Hines pulled out the work that they had to do to try and come up with a game plan. Yeah, they only had less than twenty four hours to come up with a game plan to boot the Melbourne Storm in Melbourne, of which they hadn't won in fourteen attempts.
Speaker 1: I thought it was an enormous victory. Huge boys, and what do we read it You're off to Magic Round tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Early. What's the match you're looking forward to?
Speaker 2: Look, I think the Friday Night mainly Broncos traditional Friday nighter. I know you're a Broncos team's got a few players out. It's normally throws up a good game between those two.
Speaker 1: No Reese Walsh roots, no Tommy.
Speaker 2: Bit the start I'm missing.
Speaker 1: Like with rees playing, I thought it was an easy ish tip. Do you give Manly a hope that I haven't.
Speaker 3: Been on mainly from day one this year, and they're starting to show their true colors as far as what I saw, and that isn't their lack of depth there over the lines on Tommy and just there.
Speaker 1: They're so so packed. There's some good players in that pack, but there's also some top four and four.
Speaker 2: But they've got no I will again I was.
Speaker 3: I was at that Broncos Power game. The Broncos weren't good. They weren't good against paramatter. I actually do on the basis that the Broncos aren't flying.
Speaker 1: Now I'm waving on this one now. I can't remember research. I think I tipped Broncos. What game you're looking forward to the Magic Sharky's Roosters.
Speaker 3: The game just this period for Cronola was fascinating and that they answered the challenge last week and now they got an other great challenge. I love Fitzy versus Robinson, Master vers the apprentice. Heines is progressing well, guys. We should have a decision by tomorrow and whether he's in or out. And big Joey marn who out for the Roosters, is a big out for them. Yeah and yep, it should be a beauty.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at Raiders VP. Bulldogs, two sides. I didn't I thought Kenny would be okay this year. I probably had him tenth to twelfth and around that cluster. But now you look your forecast to go, well, they could play finals footing the Bulldogs and the Raiders. As I said, well beyond my expectations to start the year, and big game for those two sides when we look at potential finals foot I know where a long way from finals, but I think they're going to be competing for that bottom of the eighth spot. So a massive game for those two to kickstart magic round.
Speaker 3: Two factors there for that game, Mick is the return of Jordan Rapan I spoke about Mitch Mags being a real energy player for the for the years. Jordan Rapanna is an energy player for the Raiders. He's just an absolute competitor. He returns at full back and the other one for the Bulldogs guys, they've been able to go with the exact same one to seventeen they're played against Penrith. Now that's something we haven't been able to say again about the Bulldogs in twelve to eighteen months. Their ability to keep the same players on the paddock has been one of their great downfalls and the cohesion and consistency in team selections. Well, they've got the same one to seven on as last week.
Speaker 1: So I've had a brain fade with the questions. I didn't write him down, so I've got to go.
Speaker 3: We've got one from adjacent super talking about with Jason Stevens, the Jason Stevenson, Jason Stevens ja Sewer.
Speaker 1: Will he leave the Dragons?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I don't think so. I think there's some interest out there, but I don't think I'll go. Has Drake done though, hasn't it taken forever?
Speaker 1: This one done good? He's doing really good.
Speaker 2: It's going really good.
Speaker 3: They might want to wrap him up before he makes the coinsland origin side. Do you think he's in are going to get there?
Speaker 1: Okay? William Henry wants to know has Trent Robinson lost a little pulling power slash appeal was one of the top coaches in the league in regards to attracting and keeping players.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, forty eight hours ago we're saying no. But I don't know if this was a Robinson miss If that's fair. This is day for fee to making a decision on emotion on a family matte on. I'm not going to say that, Dave for Free to knocked back Trent Robinson.
Speaker 2: I don't think a matis who coaches that club. They're they're an attractive.
Speaker 1: Club, especially why Nick still.
Speaker 2: Uncle Nick's pawned the strings. Baby, I'll always be attracted.
Speaker 1: Moe wants to know your pick for New South Wales Blues six and seven. I'm Hines and Moses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: Where did you say in three sixty the other night? Remember you said.
Speaker 2: Jerome and yeah, I said Moses out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with Dave. I'm going high.
Speaker 3: And does Mitch need to play another game? It's a huge call to go into in Origin. How many weeks out for Mitch ten to at least ten?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can go into Origin without playing a game.
Speaker 3: Surely have you heard the little tip around town that Mitch may have been nudge nudge winkin that you don't need to play for PARAMOUNTA to make the Blues.
Speaker 2: Though, I have heard that one you told me.
Speaker 1: But surely that's not why he's not playing.
Speaker 2: No, No, maybe maybe he would have pushed it. Probably not. Actually, if Mitch could have played, he would have played guy.
Speaker 1: I think Mitch is a blue and gold guy. Yeah, lawn Grub wants to know, Hey, mate, can you look into why who Manly are after with the Shuster money? Any idea on what they may be doing with that? No?
Speaker 2: Have they upgraded some guys. They've got to upgrade some guys and extend some guys, and they've got to keep Nathan Brown that lodge.
Speaker 1: And got an extension upgrade as well.
Speaker 2: You has been that money already.
Speaker 3: I would say, lawn Grubs just reminded me of something. What's happened when you know, when you do boys, when you make your lawns? Yes, do you do your edges first, or do you mow first?
Speaker 1: Then do your first? And then I'm not.
Speaker 2: Like readman doesn't I don't do my edges. My sons actually get my son the suns duties.
Speaker 1: What's your edges? So your gutters are constantly.
Speaker 2: At me about doing the getting the whiper snipper. Just cannot be bothered. That's the stiff, that is the sweat. I did do the edges. I always in the edges first, because you call you go onto the grass and you mow over them.
Speaker 1: That's right, you call yourself Australian first. But then I get the clippings up with the vacuum thing.
Speaker 3: What I'm not a handyman, but the leaf blower, yeah, you blow it, sucks it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sucker.
Speaker 1: Well it's a multi vacuum. I said, vacuum.
Speaker 2: What don't you just mow over them?
Speaker 1: Are you supposed to do first? What do you do first?
Speaker 3: I mow first so you can see the edges first. Yeah, so you can see the edges that you now need to whip snipper. That's why it does make it easier, but you don't even do it.
Speaker 2: Some car use a whipper snipper either, it's not to learn it, so we can't leave near a wikness. I love to take his toe off for stuff.
Speaker 1: I love doing the lawns list listen to stuff.
Speaker 3: I listened to a NFL fantasy sometimes sometimes it's the only time I just get placing quite.
Speaker 1: Of a lawn.
Speaker 2: Freddie used to like weeding even. My goal in life is to remove all household duties and give them my kids. That's my goal in life. I want to be able to do nothing.
Speaker 1: Has that going so fas it's coming good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've flogged a lot of stuffing the lawn, taking.
Speaker 1: Out the rubbish. It's easy, that's like not hard.
Speaker 2: But if I can get someone else to do it, I'd rather get someone else. They've got to keep you got to leave.
Speaker 1: My example, right, man leaves us some emails. I would have thought we Forfeita sign in. The first rumor would have been thrill made back to the Panthers. Anything on that boys that's from Warwick often thing Spencer Lenu's more. Yes, he's only on a two year deal.
Speaker 2: I'd agree, and Tyrell mate didn't he had the chance to leave it to leave. I don't think he's going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Josh wants to know, given that Bennett has reportably indicated to the land Is that he's interested in coaching PNG, could we see the decision to induce them sped up if he doesn't put pen to paper with sous No.
Speaker 2: Think a bit of work to do there. I mean, I think it will. It will happen. I think we all acknowledge it will happen, but it's still a bit of work to do.
Speaker 1: And just finally, David wants to know, should the NRL go back to simple black and right white enforcement of the rules in twenty five so no interpretations or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Can I say, I just know it's an interesting story this morning. Can I just digress a little bit?
Speaker 1: Of course you can.
Speaker 2: So the Premier League are having a vote to get rid of var video replace. We can't do that. Yeah, we'll not get rid of them all together. But he reckons in soccer, they reckon the goal celebrations are being stop because we had that debate here, the vote to get rid of it, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: There's only one rule change, NRL.
Speaker 3: Listen if you if you do not get rid of the disrupt the rule next season.
Speaker 1: The way under to do it now it's done, but get rid of it. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: The Fians are losing their minds over and how referees are supposed to judge where his eyes were and whether the ball was moving in this direction because Pythagoras's theorem said the air condition of the human air humidity of the ball was going to move ten degrees this way.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous, Get rid of it. The disruptive rule is the worst rule in rugby league. Good call, and just finally dinner while we sit there and watch the women's origin. Obviously you're going.
Speaker 2: Queensin baby depending Champs.
Speaker 1: Up and too good. The three match series, which will be good to atmosphere, is going to be all it's it's so cool to see what sort of crowd they get and the buzz there and to to kick start magic ground and for for people to go and watch this and better every single year the quality. I've got it too.
Speaker 2: Three three games series, it would be good.
Speaker 1: What's for dinner ready?
Speaker 2: Can't talk about lunch? It was I haven't really worked out any yet, but today I'm going for lunch. My mum and dad are in town. You're going for lunch and we're going to a French restaurant. It's mossman some cargo by some rabbit. Rabbit, because I've been to friends once in my life. We went to the south of France for a bit down Deneae and I had some rabbit. Okay, it was tasty. That's what chicken A bit.
Speaker 1: Actually, any rabbit in the household tonight.
Speaker 3: I thinking of doing like a chicken fried rice going chili. Always go a little bit of ginger in the walk first, just.
Speaker 1: A little ginger chop.
Speaker 3: The vegies get them in and they're the key Chinese vegetables. They do their veggies so good, chessant.
Speaker 1: I can never nail it at home, but maybe chicken. You have chili, yea chilib cutlets, I'm crumb I don't like crumbs the way I prefer. You never crumb your cutlets. Yeah, you marinate it, but just.
Speaker 2: Have lamb chops if you can crumb, because you have the fatty beer and with vegeta. So that's cutlets.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a tip. The fat is still under the crumb.
Speaker 2: How many cutlets do you have? Three? Only three?
Speaker 1: How many you going? He's got he has got the biggest appetite this play.
Speaker 2: I've looked lamb cutlets minimum with what what do you mean your shopping, salad, veggies whatever?
Speaker 1: All right, welly three yeah and we enjoy magic round. Stay online and check out the paper for the full wash up from Rudy up in Queensland. Enjoy