Speaker 1: Appogiae Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Sheep Risers Podcast. I'm Ashy and I'm Tiana.
Speaker 3: This podcast is.
Speaker 4: About female empowerment and encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 2: We help you shed the shame, grow to a new level. We're gonna laugh and cry and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about.
Speaker 3: Get ready for your next level of self. What have you said to a troll?
Speaker 1: This is probably more for Ashy. What have you said to a troll that you probably shouldn't have?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's anything directly that I've said, but I think I've just been a bit spicy back, like maybe just you know, you to take good look in the mirror, or I've been a bit passive, aggressive or sarcastic back to them. I don't think there's anything that really bad, Like I get told with my head in a blender, I get told to go walk in front of a bus, I get told go jump off a bridge. Never anything like that. It's more just like, Okay, the other day someone wrote a shit review. I didn't even say anything, actually, but I said to Tiana, like I'd love to say to them, like you're complaining about listening to me for the last fifteen years, yet you're still here fucking listening. Yeah, like, go get a live, go for a hobby. Why am I your hobby? Stuff like that. I think I've said over the years, like why are you here? Surely you have something better to do you on your Sunday morning. See, there's a little bit of attitude in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just like, you're not putting up for the bullshit coming online, coming onto your page where they don't have to be.
Speaker 2: But I should just block and delete. But sometimes I'm spicy and I'll just be like, well, what are you doing here? Like, surely you have a busy life. Don't you have kids to go be with instead of being on my page.
Speaker 4: You've also dealt with it for fifteen years. Yeah, so I could imagine that would push your buttons. Sometimes it's not often, but every now and again I'll add a little spicest definitely comes down and just like, no, fuck you and come on my page and disrespect me like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does it ever continue into an argument back?
Speaker 2: No, don't allow it to because I'm just very protective of my energy, and I'm like, you don't deserve to be my page if that's what you're going to do. And most of the time I just block them, delete them. You can see when they're being a.
Speaker 3: Trip, yeah, when really looking for a fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But over the years and my fifteen years have I been back, for sure, but never anything to the extent that I look back, I'm like, holy shit, why did I say that?
Speaker 1: You know, what would you like to say to one of Ashy's trolls when they'd tell her to put her head in a blender?
Speaker 4: Tatiana initially wanted to be like, get fucked. That sounds so bad, but like that was my initial just response thing because I'm so protective of her, but also like what are you doing? Just honestly, like what are you doing? Like I genuinely hope that one day you find something that lights you up enough in life that you aren't here sitting at your home on a computer putting down someone who is doing everything that she can to create a fucking really good life for herself. Considering where she came from, that she actually had the balls big enough to go out and get where she fucking wanted in life. Like the fact that you're sitting there doing that to her just shows that maybe you wish that you could have done that in your life and you haven't yet done that, and she highlights that for you, So it's something to look at.
Speaker 2: I would love to just have a face to face conversation. I feel like within five minutes of them actually getting to know who I am and just talking to me, their assumptions about me would dissolve. I really do. I'd love to ask them and let them get out what they want to say and then talk about it. They'd realize a lot about themselves and a lot about the maybe noise that they've collectively heard or read or felt or assumed.
Speaker 3: I think it would dissolve very quickly.
Speaker 1: They'd almost be disappointed, like, oh, yeahh it's nice. I wasn't expecting there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes as well, that's hard for people to look at because then they have to admit that they're at fault. Yeah.
Speaker 3: People don't like doing that, but you still do this. You still did that.
Speaker 2: Also, love just talking about and teaching about change. They hold onto things that I might have said or done fifteen years I'm like, oh my gosh, I was to go back and look at things that you've done with fifteen years ago, You're a be a completely different person now. Like allow people to evolve, grow and change, Like we all have to forgive ourselves for the mistakes that we made. We have to figure other people as well. You just know that's a part of their journey.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but no one will ever meet up with me.
Speaker 3: I've tried over the.
Speaker 1: Years because they don't want to be proven wrong, or it's embarrassing to.
Speaker 2: Be a troll.
Speaker 3: It is because then I have to own it. Yeah, own it.
Speaker 2: That's not cool to be known as a troll. Why do they have no photos on their profile? Because they're embarrassed. They don't want show you they are.
Speaker 4: People get uncomfortable with the face to face. People only comfortable because it's behind a screen and they're tired, so they can say the most unfiltered thing because there's no repercussions, or they believe that there's no consequence or repercussion for what they're choosing to do. But if they had every single person that they respected, loved, valued, cared about, or inspired by sitting there watching them while they're trolling, somebody who's doing good, they would be so ashamed.
Speaker 3: And it's not to make you feel shame or judgment if this.
Speaker 4: Is something that you're doing, but it's just recognizing, like would you actually be proud of the choices that you're making if you were fully aware of how that might impact you in your life, you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It's like leaving a Google review, Like you're happy to leave a Google review telling a restaurant that their meal was shit, but you didn't say it at the time when you were yes, wrong.
Speaker 2: Right, it was a restaurant, and probably you appreciate the feedback if you were like, hey, my stake was really undercooked, or this felt raw, or this had hair in it. You'd rather get told face to face and be able to make the improvements, offer a free meal or discount for next time they come.
Speaker 4: But there's a way to do it, Yeah, there is, Like what you were just saying when you were sharing that, I was like, there's a way.
Speaker 3: To do it. It's like anything in life.
Speaker 4: Communicators and not expecting that other people can't handle your honest feedback.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent is always a way to communicate it. Can you've done kindly and effectively.
Speaker 3: And then I'm over here like, fuck off.
Speaker 2: You don't actually do that though, No, I doubt you.
Speaker 3: Get to clive of you and you.
Speaker 2: Can feel angry in the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that's normal.
Speaker 1: Next question, is there an influencer that you wish you were friends with?
Speaker 3: The first person that comes to mind is Leila Harmosey.
Speaker 2: Yeah you love her?
Speaker 3: Do you love her?
Speaker 4: I would love to be a fly on the wall. Her perspective, her mindset, the way that she does business. She's got like a billion dollar empire and come from nothing, no money, you know, had to basically fend for herself and had a really hard upbringing to where she is now.
Speaker 3: I just find it really inspiring, and.
Speaker 4: I just I have a lot of respect for her and what I see her do and the way she navigates not only business, but emotions relationships. There are a lot of beautiful things that I see her do and she's just got this, like, she emulates a lot of strength. If I could, I would love to have a conversation with her, and yeah, be a.
Speaker 3: Fly on the wall.
Speaker 2: I think that I've always really liked Witnessmans. She's a US influencer. She has a help and venus app and she told her story of her upbringing and she has really bad psoriasis, and she's gone through depression and the online world, and I think maybe I find relatability in her story as well, going through a lot of grief at the moment, she's lost someone to cancer, and she's just very honest and real and humble and just seems like a really beautiful person. I think she'd be really nice vibe to be around.
Speaker 1: What would you do if social media died tomorrow gone?
Speaker 2: Well, when we went to eat and retreat, I really love not having my phone. I think I would really enjoy your life without my phone. I love it and I'm addicited to it and it gives me all these opportunities and it's fun and every single day. But I also loved how peaceful I felt not having a phone, so I'd kind of accept it. But work wise, I mean, I hope we could still do the podcast and retreats. But does something. Podcasts are not a thing.
Speaker 1: Podcasts are still a thing that you can't promote it on social media. There's no socials.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we've built our podcasts up enough to continue to go, keep going, and your in person stuff. But yeah, retreats, workshops, in person events. Hopefully we can still sell tickets without social media. I've always wanted to be a dog washer. I don't think I'll do that anymore, though that was always a dream of mine. But even when I walk into a health food store, I could so see myself working in health food store.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 2: I love health food stores.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe if I ever had to get like a normal job again, que quote normal job, That's probably where I would go interesting about you, what would do a normal.
Speaker 4: I think initially, like if social media were to die tomorrow, I would probably feel a lot of withdrawal at first, Like I think I would be pretty devastated and gutted because in the opportunity that social media does present, and also that feeling of feeling connect to everyone. I remember when I did a social media detox like six weeks, and I remember initially feeling, holy shit, I'm actually not as connected to people that as I thought I was, because I'm plugging into everyone's lives, watching what they're doing, but I'm not actually calling them, I'm not going and seeing them, And I think initially I would feel that disappointment and that feeling.
Speaker 1: Of like, oh, like whatever.
Speaker 4: But I think with time I would adjust back to normal life as well, you know, and I think I would love it. It would be peaceful, like what you said, you'd be so present in your everyday life and it would just be normal.
Speaker 2: But what job would you do?
Speaker 3: Real estate agent?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that you're doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I even started that, like a couple of years back. I started to go through that process just because I've been in building in construction for my whole life.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 4: So it's really like an avenue that I feel confident and competent in and I think I could really expand and that I think i'd have fun. I'd loving that, being able to communicate with new people, make connections, you love all relationships, get to see beautiful houses. I love interior design and all that sort of stuff. So I feel like i'd really have fun with that.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about how it would make you feel in terms of losing your audience.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's really nice to get all those messages, but I also don't rely on it for a source of validation, so I think i'd be Okay. It is really nice and it's a nice stroke to my eg and it's good to hear feedback of what I do and what I say and how that impacts them. But yeah, I feel like I don't rely on that, so I think I'd be okay, but I would miss the connection. I miss the variety, the miss the fun. Social media is quite fun for me, apart from the hate, it's quite fun. So I think i'd miss that aspect, especially TikTok. It's just so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is one thing that people don't know about you? It would have been and you've talked about it, so people do know now, but Tiana being a tady.
Speaker 3: Yeap one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people not knowing that. I don't talk about it that often at all. Really on social media. I have little bits and bobs, but not really if it just feels like such like a past life now. But literally worked on site for like five years, got my carpentry my trade when I was by the time I was fully qualified by the time I was nineteen, started in school surrounded by a job site full of all men, just me and my sister and all men. It was Yeah, it was a whole experience. Taught me a lot about life, that's for sure, and like hard work, dedication, discipline.
Speaker 1: Do you still do the odd carpentry job for people?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I remember saying to my last part, like, don't ask me to hang a painting, Like I'm not gonna fucking do it.
Speaker 3: I just it's so done. Yeah, it's so done.
Speaker 4: It doesn't even feel like a part of who I am anymore.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I feel like before I used to really use it as a way to like get a bit of an ego hit because I got to prove my worth and like what I was capable of through that job, and a lot of that was like wanting to prove even to my dad that I was capable.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: He had like he's got four girls, right, and like who's going to take over the family business?
Speaker 3: His son was like the last child, so he was always.
Speaker 4: Younger, so like, oh, we'll take on the family business, like even though we're girls.
Speaker 3: And it was like this proving energy. But I did get a lot out of it, so I'm grateful for it.
Speaker 2: Probably something I haven't really spoken about up until recently, and then I'm actually like why the fuck do I care? Is when I broke up with my first boyfriends. I must have been eighteen. I worked behind bars in wa and what they call a skimpy bar maids, So you just wear like a skimpy outfit and they give you tips and you make bank working.
Speaker 4: By a bar.
Speaker 2: And I used to carry shame for it.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the girls at Sin City and Bedroom, which is two of the big nightclubs on the Gold Coast, we we wore more clothes than the girls than the Gold Coast do. Yeah, like they were literally in bras and undies. Bedroom, Yeah, Bedroom nightclub. But yeah, me and a bunch of girlfriends went over there and it was just staying on the Gold Coast. I kept going back to my ex, even though I knew I didn't want to be with him. It was just company and I just could watch his heartbreak every time I would go in and come out and go in and come out. So I just packed up and moved over there with a bunch of girlfriends and I had a lot of guy friends over there that worked in the mines. And I spent about six months working over there, making an absolute killing, And then met Steve online and came back to meet him and met him and never went back so yeah, it was a crazy time in my life. It was really fun and it was fun just to it didn't work that many hours, worked like twenty hours a week and make ten twenty grand.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They're just men over there, just.
Speaker 2: Tipped like crazy. Yeah. I was never a topless waiter yeah, or topless bar girl. There was the pub that I worked out, and then there was one next to it with their topless girls were I never did that. I just didn't have the confidence too. But yeah, it was fun. It was a cool time in my life. Fun different be out at home and just make make bank. Yeah, and a lots of holidays. Took my friends on holidays, paid off some bills. I think because I never took my top off and I was never a flirty bar made. I was more the guy's mates. I got tipped a lot better than a lot of the other girls because I was quite friends with them, and I also felt really protected, Like I think it's quite a dangerous job for girls, like if you don't have people there, whereas I had a lot of guy friends there that were protecting me. So I would get dropped off and picked up every shift, whereas a lot of girls would stay upstairs in the bar, or like walk home, and there was some stuff that happened to a lot of women, but I always felt I was just friends with everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 2: So I haven't really ever spoken about that because it was embarrassed now and every now and again because you have to have a different name. So my name was Pam over their pants bring now and again or do a Q and A and someone will write how you go on Pam, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, duge it, Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Come hide from that. Yeah, but now I'm like, oh, why do I care so much? It was actually like, yeah, sixteen years and it's just a little chapter. So what's the most you've ever been paid for a social media post? One singular post is fifteen thousand dollars, it's most have been paid. My average was like ten thousand consistently, and then it depends if you go now it's like real story set stories are now one set can be three frames, another set can be five frames. TikTok, I don't really get paid on tikto. I don't get any jobs book for TikTok, but Instagram and Snapchat. Yeah, my biggest was fifteen thousand dollars. Wow, Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Would you rather be rich and ugly or poor and hot?
Speaker 3: Wait, richie reach ugly or poor and hot richie ugly because ugly don't get worked done.
Speaker 2: I'll go visit botox stuffy.
Speaker 3: Flip it's so good. Yeah, which and ugly for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like just a funner life. If you had more money, you're poor, you can't do anything. You're hotter when you got.
Speaker 4: Well, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, have you seen Jeff bezos is with that younger girl?
Speaker 4: Now he's what's the name she just went to space Lauren Sanchez or something like that. I only just saw it on Instagram the other day. But he was previously with his other wife that he'd been with for forever and then they had a divorce how to split? And now he's with like some young woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean. So I'm like, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Who's the most famous person you have in your phone?
Speaker 3: Ash?
Speaker 2: I think I have anyone famous in my phone? He's not that roll. No, but Brian Reeves who went viral on social media for a while. He was my relationship coach. Otherwise not I think. So I've known someone that's had sex with Channing Tatum. Cool.
Speaker 3: Katie loves it. She's nodding and Si I loved her and she told me. I'm like, oh my god, yeah that's cool.
Speaker 2: Did she see her me an yeah multiple times?
Speaker 1: And then what happened?
Speaker 2: It just went off? And did his career in life? Was it before he was famous, no more recent after his divorce with Jenna.
Speaker 1: That's all my questions