Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the Dally Teller in our old podcast on Brent Reed, joined by Tim Pam Whaley. It's a Monday morning. Been a great weekend Openly week at the finals. We saw some awesome performances, a couple of cracking games. Yeah, we should start with the best of him. My record was the best of them. Bulldogs Manly on Sunday Storm. No, they were very good. We'll get to them. They were very good. But that was a great game. I thought it was a great game at of Course Stadium. It's a great atmosphere, fifty thousand people there for it when the Dogs are back. Rugby League's back. They didn't win, but I thought I thought they were the better team for most of this game.
Speaker 2: They really were. They were, and considering how bad they amountly exposed them a couple of weeks ago, I was slightly worried for Canterbury, but they any doubters over the you know, the so called two small paths they don't have the physicality. They completely put that to bed. They dominated Manny in that aspect. Many were you know, one out can barely get over their line. Defensively, they were good. They did absolutely everything right. But when it came to that the crunch time, when it came to the moment where they needed someone to ic the game. Berto had two shots at it, and both times they set up just wasn't great. So took about finals pressure. I think they'd handled it perfectly up until the moment where they needed to ice the game.
Speaker 1: You were out there, it was a great atmosphere.
Speaker 3: It wasn't it unreally, Yeah, we saw each other in the sheds afterwards, but yeah, no, it was unbelievable. But just on that moment with Berto, I feel like there was a there was a miscount or something that it just in that first shot a field goal. He just was they were so disorganized and that was that was the moment moment, as you know, like you only get maybe one or two of the base.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't have really got to that they were the better team. They should have had it locked the way before then. Really just a moment of just one moment where they dropped their guard with what five minutes to go or so, and the genius of and Tommy was quiet like the second half was unstoppable. It was basically when they give it to the big kid and Junior and just so do your best son. The second half they just seemed to give it to Molly and say just do your best son. See there you go, that's exactly right, and le great bit of play there. But he had a tough daily, but that was one great moment for him, I thought. I mean they were just sort of clinging, clinging on in this game, That's what That was a huge try that was on half time for memory, was not close to aft On, but they were just just holding on and holding on. You just thought at some point they just got class in their side. They're going to get you if if you let them stay within striking distance.
Speaker 3: Something happened there too. I think there was a there was a lot of niggle in this game as well. And I think when when the game came down to it was crunch time, those beasts awoke in DCE and in Turbos and he Turbo looked probably sixty like he was in that first half a yeah, and then he just needed one one good play right and then DCE just woke up when when the game really had it well, yeah, when it was in the balance there.
Speaker 1: Early on that game, Tommy that yeah, so they aggravated that that ac joint injuries got but.
Speaker 2: I think you're right ready, I think that was the difference in the end, And yeah, Cannarbary probably should have put it away sooner considering how dominant they were. I mean, I think they'd made one era all of the first half, like they were just doing absolutely everything right.
Speaker 1: But with he is the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know Dce and Turbo you know on the other side of the field. I think that was probably the difference in the end, that touch of class where Canbary was probably missing that a little bit.
Speaker 1: I've got to say, totally cooler when you see him in space like that, He's unbelievable, but you rarely see him. I can't remember too many times this year where he's been in space. And because he's lightning fast, I mean I would to use his pace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he needs more good ball. It'll be interesting to see, I mean from Canterbury's point of view before we move on to Manly and next week. They were even though they got knocked out in the first week of the finals, I feel like there was an element of them being the fairy tale story of the year. You know, there were so many question marks about them coming into the the season. That was another moment towards the end there where Brunt and Cherry wished he would have that moment back. But they've had a critical Yeah, they've had a pretty successful season. I think everybody in that team can finish the year with their heads held up high. To be honest, I don't think anybody expected that they'd be in the finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was all a bit messy, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, like Pant said, it was almost like he were all looking.
Speaker 3: At each other and then I don't think they realized it was fifth tackle, and then he was just kind of like, I guess I'll yeah it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't The second one was a bit set up.
Speaker 2: But he's got the power, and is the fact that they both felt quite sure. I found a little bit interesting because he's we've seen him obviously, he's got a lot have been exhausted. So yeah, there are the moments that you replay over in your head.
Speaker 3: I love watching Jacob.
Speaker 1: We can see how much it meant to them because, like we said, they were on the back foot for most of that game and then they just showed some real resilience and and and guts to to come up with a big player at the end of the game and snatch that game, right. But you're right about the dogs. I mean there I one of all those officials reminded me yesterday. I tipped them to come last of the story of the team for the spoon and they've Yeah, he had a photo on his phone off it. I really appreciate it because I said, but they've had a great year, like they've made such strides on the camera, and they'll be better next year. They get still Tupua maybe and there's someone else who I can't remember they've signed as well. But they're going to be a much better team next year. Yeah, you know, you know, with those guys, the young guys a year older, I think they're going to be real forced next year.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon or the joshadow car stuff in the week? Hand played any part or Cam?
Speaker 1: I thought they handled really well, right and Cam insisted it didn't and the senior players had told him it didn't, So no, I don't. I don't necessarily. I think they could have done with him. Actually I think he could. He would have helped them yesterday.
Speaker 2: I mean, Girassdkelton didn't play that bad. I think at the top of my head, he might have finished with the most meters. I thought it was pretty good yesterday. I mean there was a there was a try there that he bottled a little bit, and you're wondering, Oh, if Joshadow cars in the position, maybe maybe he scores that tribe. But I think he did a pretty good job. I think Cannbury are probably he's going to the Tigers next year, and we don't know what Fox is going to Fox is going to be the next year or not, so they're probably thinking that's one that sort of slipped through the cracks. I know they've got other options and guys like Play Wilson and kids like Jonathan Sewer, but they're not I mean, Skeleton's really coming along. Maybe he's got a couple of poor defensive reads in him, but in terms of his ball carries and the rest of it, he has the potential to be a really good winger.
Speaker 1: So I still think it's Josh had O Carr. I know Skelton had a reasonable game for the this day, but Josh had a car big game, and he brings a lot of.
Speaker 3: Emotion and yeah energy energy, especially when they need yeah, when they probably.
Speaker 1: Played a lot of big games in his career, Josh had Okay, I can imagine a game like that late in the game, when things are getting into tense, maybe he would have been one of those goals to sort of calm things down. But you know, I think I think they handled the week really well, So I think it's hard to say that.
Speaker 2: I just agree. I don't think. I know people have suggested that maybe it was a bit of a descriptstruction, but it happened really early in the week and beyond then, you know.
Speaker 3: It was and it was never playing so it wasn't like his cycle.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it wasn't a circus. You know, it's just you know, people sort of keeping up to date with it read MAINI I mean, he played his heart out and made fifty five, maybe sixty tackles, but he did give away three penalties.
Speaker 1: Caught up with him in the end of Yeah.
Speaker 2: And in a game tight like that, you know, Steve Crichton was yesterday well, as pants said, they were all a little bit neglish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just Yeah, it was a nigglie kind of game, wasn't it. And then in the end, I think you just aggravate. I think we saw a pretty heated reaction out of DC as well, and you don't usually see that. He's he's mystical, and yeah, I think they kind of got under his skin and I think that was to their own detriment towards the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we give him merely a hope against the Rusters? What are we thinking?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think they I think there are a gutsy side. They have been up and down this year and they have you know, not shown up in games They definitely should have. We saw that in the last round as well. But yeah, I give them a hope. The Roosters are got bashed over the weekend and they and they've got plenty of injuries, so yeah, I think there are a chance.
Speaker 2: I think the Roosters probably wounded a bit mentally after that game, and like Pam said, a lot of injuries too. Like even though you felt like can everyone the physical battle yesterday, manly was still up for the fight, like they were still try that. They were still trying to be physical. And I think considering the pact that they have, like you said, himalol Kawatu, if he's you know, going to go out there and tear stuff up, then I think they might. From the physicality point of view, I think they might worry the Roosters again. Obviously the Riosters get Joe Deui or Hargrove's back, so he's going to add a bit of that physicality back that they missed so badly against Penrith. But I'm with Pam, I reckon I manly is my tip for that one. I think that win too, emotionally would have been a massive lift as well. Like you said, on the back foot the whole game, fifty thousand and one hundred fans, I think one hundred fans, fifty thousand Bullo fans. You know, they would have got a lot from that Emotionally, I think.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I think they're a big chance.
Speaker 2: And it depends on Tommy.
Speaker 1: Tom is going to say Tommy is so important, and you could see it how much he was. He was clearly in pain us though. We spoke to you after the game and he said, yeah, look at Saw. But that's what you get with this injury. I had a needle before the game, needle at half time. That was always a plan. It wasn't anything new, but he did copp and knock on that first half that sort of aggravated all but he said, like, you know, he had one. I thought he had one of his quiet games, and then he comes up, turns up in the big moment for them when they needed him. I mean, he's just a difference maker and quite a games.
Speaker 2: But he was involved, I think involved in at least two of those tries.
Speaker 1: Well, they basically comes through Tommy right.
Speaker 2: Yep, but they still have Jason started to come back. He's a week two weeks, so I don't know. I mean, like I said, Lee Hi probably didn't had an up and down game, but he still came up with some pretty good moments. Tommy Tallud was pretty good. So I wonder if.
Speaker 1: It's tough to sision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seball does because one of those guys has got to go right.
Speaker 1: So he's he just you can just see Tommy just looked. He looked uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Earlier that this was the moment.
Speaker 1: He's got the knee problem as well, which he Steve said, yes, he's been carrying that for a while. But I remember that game when he did his shoulder. He actually did his knee in the game, got strapped up in that game. So that was the last time they obviously played the Bulldogs. But that's you know, it's not it's not only the shoulders. The knee that's a problem for him as well. But he's you know what I mean. You talk to people, man, and I'll tell you. The thing about Tommy that's underrated is how tough he is. He's a tough boy man. He goes. You can see at the moment the paint he's in, he's just he's just aiming up.
Speaker 2: Yeaped final time, you've just aiming up.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Amy up and who didn't aim up the Sharks. I was down in Melbourne for this game. We'll go down in Melbourne later. But the Sharks, they read at halftime, blown away in the second half with the wind at their back. It was a pretty strong breeze actual but they just got decimated the second half.
Speaker 3: What happened you watched it.
Speaker 1: To, Melbourne were amazing, basically perfect in the second You could couldn't put together better half of footy than Meltwell maybe Penris first half, but Melbourne second half. You can bind Pendress first half on Friday night with Melbourne second half on Saturday night. It's the perfect game. Minutes free. But chronologists they just want the races.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I think poor fits at his post match press conference, founded at the tables such a good way.
Speaker 2: He's such a nice guy and.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be really tough for them to pick themselves up now it is.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, they were so good in the final round against Mammy. Yeah right, It's probably one of the best performances of the year. And if anybody had any doubts of them as being a final force, you're probably thinking, Okay, this is you know, maybe the Sharks can do something here. Then they shark to Melbourne. But also I think it shows how hard it is towards the back end of the year in the NRL to be consistent, to have a really good game and then to lift, you know, the week after, to keep going to there's like, you know, we'll probably talk about Nicko Heinz because you have to. But their forward pack as well sort of didn't aim up in this game like they did the week before, and I think that also troubled them a little bit. But I don't know, I don't know if people you know, if they're you know, if hoodoos are real. But it's seven finals losses now in a row four under fits Yer, Like, obviously it's something that it's a legacy that fits is inherited. It's not necessarily that he can't get them to win a final.
Speaker 3: That's his job now, isn't it. But it is he's got a yeah, absolutely problem. Yeah, considering the year that they they've had a couple of good years. I mean last year was they really scraped into the finals, you know, a little bit last year, but the year before they had a great year and they finished top four this year, so and have given themselves obviously a second chance, so that's the positive. But yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That's the issue, right. They've lost seven piles in the runnow and Nicko's now struggled in a handful of big games, and it becomes and we all talk about it, and every time he does, media gets asked about it, and fifty gets asked about the players get asked about their record and big games, and it's hard to keep that out of your head, right, particularly when things go against you, Like in the second half of this game, things start to go against them and they just sort of unravel to an extent and you can say, look, it wasn't you know, there's no mental demons there, but when you keep losing in big games, it's hard to ignore that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how can they not be? Yeah, like you can kind of just sense it. They kind of go, oh, here we go.
Speaker 1: Here we go, and Melbourne know how to win big games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the opposite, totally the opposite ends of the spectrum here.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily think it's a case of like Nika Heines not being able to play in big games, ice feed games, and I know you'll go, oh, yeah, but you just look at his you know, form in big games. I honestly think he's a confidence player. You know, he's at his investment is confident and right now he's just not very confident. And I don't know how much, you know, spending some time out with that leg injury had an impact impact on it. And I think that's it fits his sort of biggest job this week, it's finding a way to inject some confidence into nicka Heins, because I think that's probably his biggest problem. I mean, he's a daily and winner. He can play football, you know, but it's just I think he's not playing with too much confidence. And because of that, I don't know whether the team is playing with confidence, because if your main guy isn't confident, then that potentially seeps through to everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think. And the funny thing is, at the moment you look at their halves, Braden Trindles the one actually a million dollar football compared to Nico, who's the bloke on the big bucks, which is and part of what comes with, you know, earning the big money is big money is these are the games you're expected to aim up in, right, and it just hasn't happened.
Speaker 2: Buzz was talking about, I think last week on three sixty you were saying how the message to Niko when he came back was just to you know, simplify things, take it easy. Yeah, he can't do that now. You can't simplify things. He can't take it easy. He's going to be the one who sort of this week goes okay, this is my team again and I'm taking control and I'm going to be the main guy.
Speaker 1: We'll get to Melbourne later, but they'll now play they play North Queensland. The Cowboys a winner over the Knights on well, it wasn't a winner of the Knights was winnow to Klein pongas was the Knights for just about a one man team. But I really was it was a good game this actually, and the Knights had their chances. Klem was ridiculously good in this game. But the Cowboys that they're dangerous. They're another dangerous team. They have points in them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still a bit upset over this one actually, to be honest, they played really good. I think they Yeah, if there was just a couple of passes that stuck. I think that that crucial one with gag guy. Yeah, it was just probably not the right for him. Yeah, this one here too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is we're talking about, you know.
Speaker 3: So the Cowboys are obviously a very good team though and have They've been up and down, as we keep saying this year, but they have so much strike power and if you give them a sniff, they will make you pay.
Speaker 1: The man was kp in this game. Unbelievable, so strong.
Speaker 2: You know, like with Tommy Turbot. Anything good that happened for Newcastle happened around Ponga. But it raises a bigger question. Are we done talking about the Cowboys? The Cowboys were great? How good was Carl felt? By the way He's just having like this breakout year and he's finally if our homes has been good, but just on the nights. I think it's four from five years now with O'Brien in charge that they've made the finals, which is a pretty good record. But if you look at their success in the finals, I think of those four times they've made it, I think maybe they've won one game. Yeah, so they're a finals team, but right now they're just making up the numbers. And I think part of that to help Ponga because it's unfair that he sort of has to shoulder the entire team from fullback, is they need another running threat in the spine. I in the halves 've been able to fit the halves.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. I feel like Jada Brayley was actually really good in this game, which is he's one of those players. He's been tapped, I think, but yeah, they just, yeah, they need he needs some help in the halves. He's that one player. He's putting in kicks, is coming out with those big moments, he's directing everything around, he's doing everything and you know, we talk about you know there's million dollar players. He's the richest one in the league, right And yeah, he comes up.
Speaker 2: He's playing to his price tag in that game, and you just need some help in the halves. I mean, I think they had six different halves combinations this year.
Speaker 1: It's right, they got lots of organizing halves like Coggers are not really a running threat. Jackson Hastings obviously not playing the moment, but Jack is an organizing half.
Speaker 2: You would you are running threat who can be I'm not saying that he but I think he has that style of game.
Speaker 1: And Crossing is not really a half. They just need to find someone who can who can pose more of a threat because at the moment they don't have halves who really pose a threat other than Kaylen. And when they want a threat and they just give the ball to Kaalon and he creates I mean they missed Braden Best probably in this game as well, because he's the other bloke is a real threat for them.
Speaker 2: But see with that this Adubal price to that list. So that's what four or five players.
Speaker 1: Well, Will is a running threat, but he's just not any of.
Speaker 2: Them to answer that.
Speaker 1: He's very raw, right, it's his first year in the NRAL. He's still quite young, and he might turn to a good player, but he's not there yet.
Speaker 3: What they do I don't know, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what market this is. This is the big moment here, You're going to break my heart game.
Speaker 2: It's just one of those ones.
Speaker 1: Look, it wasn't a great pass. It was catchable, right, So yeah, it was a big moment. Obviously in that game.
Speaker 2: Full flight people say it's catchable, but in full flight pretty low. I think the percentage of it being catchable is yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he needs hit him on the chest with that one. That's the that's the.
Speaker 1: We'll go inside to Tyson gamble probably. Obviously the Cowboys now fast the Sharks. What are we thinking? Who do you think? Who got? You got that one? What you got?
Speaker 3: It's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Cowboys are another one there, Jacquelin and High. They're very hard to pick, you know, they have to travel down to Sydney.
Speaker 3: I like the fight the Cowboys showed in this though. I think they really did. They were good. They Yeah, they fought back. Obviously, they were up against it for a little while and I think they got Yeah, they've got plenty of strike. They got these kind of young bullish forwards who really if they if they're on.
Speaker 2: Scott drink water was great.
Speaker 1: He was. I'll tell you. You mentioned the young bullish forwards. I'll tell you he's bounced back at the end of the year, the old Blake Thompson.
Speaker 3: This game, we got him in the head. He did, Yes, he did.
Speaker 2: I've got a free stream of that. It's like the Thompson's faces like squashed.
Speaker 3: He does straight back up.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing you got away with an issue with them?
Speaker 1: Planets came at all? Do you have an issue with that?
Speaker 2: No? Are they supposed to play it?
Speaker 1: Wanted a points?
Speaker 2: Please? Too bad? Too sad? Think like get in the cart?
Speaker 3: What do we think the crowd is going to be?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Does it? That's on the Sharks though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, like there were fifty thousand people are and not everybody, not every Bulldogs fans you know lives next door to own bush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it would have been embarrassing planet points thousand people is it's still a construction side I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I think it's I don't really complete it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, you lost in the first week of the finals. Like the audacity to ask for a home final.
Speaker 1: When you ask, I mean you've got to ask the question, Well.
Speaker 3: You finished top four, that's what you get there. That's part of the privilege, right, But yeah, no, you've got to But then you've got a play where all of your fans Yeah, okay, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Up to them. I think Buzz was trying to say, it's a little bit rough on the Sharks.
Speaker 1: But come on, b Yeah, because he's got that, he's got that in a shark.
Speaker 3: Do you want to minutes around the.
Speaker 1: Seat that looks like a throne in the entire brand? What about we should We've got to talk about Pender album because they were obviously they were the favorites going in the finals, have been the best two best teams all year and they put up the two best performance of the weekend. Penrith we either.
Speaker 3: No, no.
Speaker 1: Their first half against the Roosters was insane. With hell, they were just playing a different speed for the Roosters.
Speaker 2: Know you know what, you knew they were on here. If we show the rest of it, look at leamidin come over, yeah a lot. The first time you see he's celebrated that hard and you just sort of knew. You're like, okay, this is the Penrith are back to that sort of fierce, ruthless, relentless outfit, and they were completely Yeah, like you said, clinical in that first half.
Speaker 3: I don't think there was going to be any doubt about the way they would attack this game, being you know, their last home game at that stadium as well, Nathan Cleary's back. They have everything to play for. They're just so professional. Yeah, unbelievable. It's hard to kind of overstate what we're watching with them at the moment. It's it's weird, right if we think, you know, in forty years time, when we think back on this, like what we're watching at the moment, I don't know whether we're going to see anything like this.
Speaker 2: A forty minutes in a really long time. There wasn't a bad play on the field, and there had been guys who had sort of been was she washy? You know, guys like Isaac Tungo and Edwards has sort of been hampered in the last couple of weeks. He showed no signs of that. Like every single person on the field for Penrith was.
Speaker 1: Just good, and Cleary was obviously he went looking for contact early in this game, and obviously the doubts about the shoulder but you could see that he started with some real intent when looking for tackles to sort of put all that sort of speculation. The he's come up with this big player to tackle was a coon of wats enough to charge down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the one was good in this game to a bit of picture as well.
Speaker 1: They didn't have a bad player really, just.
Speaker 3: On Nathan Cleary though him to be out within and then come back and then just play at this standard that's insane. You know, there are usually it's you know, it doesn't know, but like it's usually if usually it would take you know, a game or two to kind of warm up to it. No, he's still just everywhere.
Speaker 2: There are some players who I've spoken to like it's sort of a common theme with the more elite players. I guess that they literally visualize every game in their mind before they play it, or they visualize the big plays in their mind before they actually get onto the field. And I have no doubt Clear is probably spent a couple of weeks he's been.
Speaker 1: Off just just doing podcast.
Speaker 2: It's working for you, an elite journal. But yeah, I mean there's no doubt they did look a bit shaky in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: And I thought they were they were in trouble.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, well I think a lot of people did. But then after week one of the finals, it's literally a two horse race against again between Melbourne and Penrith. It's, you know, five straight prelim finals, Like that's insane.
Speaker 1: Even like Edwards looked a bit scratched, it's.
Speaker 2: Just all of a sudden, it was like I don't know whether because if an Ivan at one point had questioned whether when they did start looking shaky, whether they had lost some of that drive or that motivation to go again because it's so hard to be up for so long. And maybe that was a very a stroke of genius by Ivan because they turned it on when it counted. What did you make of Trent Robinson benching the news for this game?
Speaker 1: You know what? I didn't because I sort of watched this. I wasn't really entirely focused on it, right because I was down in Melbourne Friday, so I was watching it while in dinner or my iPad and I didn't even notice someone mentioned this morning. But you're right, I mean, Whendy come.
Speaker 2: On a twenty fifth minute it was, and it was twenty something.
Speaker 3: It's probably a bit late, right, yeah, yeah, And it was a strange call, right, it was really.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was something that Robert had planned all along, because you know Robert can do that. You know, he'll name a team and then he'll make a sneak in little change. Considering the physicality and the ferocity that Penrith came out with, you would have just thought Spencer lanning you is just made for.
Speaker 3: That, for that opening kind of yeah opening twenty.
Speaker 2: Minutes, yeah, you know, Instead he sat there for like twenty twenty five minutes, and by the time he came on.
Speaker 1: I don't think it would have mattered the way Penris played it. I don't think it would have. I don't think it would have mattered.
Speaker 2: The one thing that the Roosters didn't have was any kind of physicality.
Speaker 1: At least all either though. Yeah, the control there, that Penish speed of the play the ball in twenty minutes, I can't remember seeing a team play the ball as fast as the speed of their play and the Rooster just had no ball. They couldn't get the ball, they just blew them away. So I don't think I don't.
Speaker 2: Think it would it would have made a difference. Even if they didn't have too much the ball.
Speaker 1: What do you think it's one or what do you think? Note?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it would have made I don't think it would have made a Yeah, I don't think it would amazing. I don't think it would have made too much of a difference. But yeah, it was an interesting call. I thought that you would give him the chance to make a difference. It was the way that it turned out didn't.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, will Jared be enough for them this week? Jared comes back and Jared Hardgraves from suspension, been cooling his heels for a while.
Speaker 3: Big Jared, he'll lift it. I think I think that he probably gives them a little bit of something that they need, that they obviously lacked in that and that they will Yeah, they desperately need to be Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: The inspiration leader. I think he will give them a bit of a psychological lift just being out there with Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about Melbourne? Did you watch the Melbourne with second half? As we spoke about earlier, I'll tell you what I really noticed in this game. Cameron Muster run on the football. I think he had eighteen or nineteen runs, which is so for Blake who needs may need surgery on two hips at the end of the season to play like he did. I mean, obviously Harry was outstanding, Harry Grant, they were again Jerome. I thought Jerome was one of his first, was one of his quarter first.
Speaker 2: That's because Monster, his second.
Speaker 1: Half was great.
Speaker 2: Dare he.
Speaker 1: Man? They were just in the mood. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love the camera Munster and he's on it's the best yep.
Speaker 2: And it's insane to think like Pappenhausen didn't do anything wrong, but you know, because the other three in the spine were absolutely just ridiculous. I think it's this was the tenth tenth game, maybe that Bellamy has had his first choice spine and they've won nine now out of ten. And if they can yeah yeah yeah, and if Monster can stay fit.
Speaker 1: He's he He spoke to him after the game and he said it's feeling really good. So when he first came back from that those hit, that injury, that the hip problems, he actually looked a bit dusty, didn't he I reckon for the first smart but he's past three or four weeks he's looked like cam Munster again. Does he obviously went to this game. I'm just going to run the football because he just constantly ran the football and it was noticeable from the very first minute. He just was intent on running the ball and he's such a threat because he's a strong bugger.
Speaker 2: Well, Jerome Hughes did such a good job with this kicking game, like he absolutely suffocated the Sharks. Right, So if you if you're number seven, is just doing his job and I think in the end he's set up three tries Hughes, Phil Munster, why not just run the ball.
Speaker 3: That's his strength too, right, He probably relish the chance to get back to what he does best.
Speaker 1: The other thing noticedble this game was well both their wingers, but Will Warbrick was crazy good and just got him on the front foot constantly of a because it was, as I said, there was a window. Cronulla was back in that second half and the idea was kick the ball along and pin Melbourne down. But you know, Warbrick gets the ball, flows back in the defensive lining, just got them on the front full constant Will Warbrick and Xavier coach and everyone talks. You know, you look at Kronulla, everyone talks about their back five and how powerful they are I mean Melbourne eclipsed them completely in this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really have for such a habit, don't they have? Finding these just big powerful wingers and turn them from you know, nothing into something.
Speaker 2: It's unreal. Yeah, so what do we are? We do we still Penrith Storm Grand Final? Is that what it's looking like? Feeling like?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: I mean anything can happen.
Speaker 1: Based on week one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a week one I think. Yeah, they've been the two best teams this year. But I mean, yeah, as we said, anything can happen.
Speaker 1: A week off the week's rest the other.
Speaker 2: Team each other, they're both pretty both pretty good at this point, Like obviously there's niggles and the rest of it, but it's not like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, don't worry about getting suspended, which makes a big difference. So I reckon the next week because there was someone will pick up an injury this weekend or a suspension that they don't really need at this time of a year. So it's all falling their way. Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So who are we saying saying? I say this for this weekend mainly cowboys?
Speaker 1: Cowboys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go many cowboys.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, do you think I think mainly Sharks.
Speaker 2: Okay, just to be different, to be different, mix it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, w pen, what's what's happening?
Speaker 3: This is this weekend coming is the final round, so and it's kind of similar to what happened in the NRL as well. So there's five teams you can make the top four and it's all a little bit of a mix here. So the Eels are coming back. So they had a they had a pretty good start to the season and they've they've dropped a couple of games, but they're on equal points with the Knights. So there's now five teams that can make the top four. We've got the Roosters, Broncos, Sharks, Nights, Eels so and then they kind of all play each other this weekend. So the Eels and Roosters play this weekend. The Eels need to win that game and then the top sorry, the minor Premiership is up for grabs as well. So with the Roosters, Broncos.
Speaker 1: Sharks, I'll watch some of the other week Against the Roosters, they are undefeated.
Speaker 3: And they lost at absolutely baffling. Yeah, and they've lost their last two now, so they they were cruising along. We were doing really well, yeah, a little bit, but yeah, they played the Tigers this weekend though, so the Tigers had their first win over the weekend. But yeah, we'll see what happens there. But yeah, it makes a bit of an interesting interesting run. Now, the Broncos have had a couple of injuries. Stacey Waka so she was one of the girls that came across from their paras Olympics. Yeah so she yeah, yeah, the news, the news, so but she broke her leg over the weekend, so that's a huge blow for them. Played, yes, yes, she said the Sharks. Yeah, yeah, so there's a couple of Sharks have a couple of girls actually, but yeah, we'll see how we go with this weekend. But yeah, the Broncos have had a couple of little injuries.
Speaker 1: Which what are you thinking the top four? Do you think it's going to finish up?
Speaker 3: I think I think the Roosters are going to be the Eels this weekend, So I think it's going to end up being Roosters, Broncos, Nights, Sharks. Okay, yeah, I think the Roosters will finish with her. Minor Premiership is Rooster's favorites to win it? For me, the Broncos are okay, and they play the Dragons this weekend as well, so they really there's a ten points points differential between the well yeah, yeah, so they've lost their last couple of games now too. So the Dragons were actually when they made the call to not really his contract next year, they were still in finals contention and I saw that game, didn't they Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The leading and what plenty I think of that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They did so yeah, so interesting stuff there, but yeah, it should be a should be a big weekend Bronx.
Speaker 1: At the moment, the Bronx of the.
Speaker 3: The Broncos are my favorite to win the Premier year this year.
Speaker 1: I like that a Broncos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll have signed a chief for in the finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that's a good result. Yeah, okay, all good stuff for us. What has gone on the interest note.
Speaker 3: To know there's been a there was actually two grade three hip drop tackles over the weekend GD threes grade threes. Yeah, it's a big problem in the in the women's game actually, so there was so yeah, it just happens. It's just tackle techniques and not where they need to be yet, but two grade threes, so it's not good. So that's two weeks, three weeks if you risk three at the judiciary out of them, not out of these two, no, which is interesting, right. But yeah, but there's been a heap of injuries this year through hip drop tackles, really broken legs. It's like several broken legs, acls, yeahs, and the women's drop crisis. It actually it actually always is. Yeah, they really need to clean it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's tackling technique.
Speaker 3: It's a tackling technique thing. Yeah, probably because they're not Yeah they haven't they're not professional yet or have had that training coming through. We're just starting to see the girls who have trained just playing rugby league since they were twelve and have played all the way through and have trained. So we're just starting to see those players come into the game now. So it will change. But it's yeah, what can be dangerous.
Speaker 2: It's for the men then techniquely Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Good question.
Speaker 2: What are you watching?
Speaker 1: What are you watching?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yes? Actually, when you text me that in the morning, I thought, okay, this, I think I can get around this.
Speaker 3: So anyway, so I'm watching Below Deck Mediterranean. This is it is a great show. So what happens is it's it's like a reality show, I guess, but it follows your crew and they take out charters.
Speaker 1: It was on Almost Let to Get Me out of Here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, take out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a key with Yeah, there's international. Yeah, there's an Aussie girl on here who's a deckhand. And then yeah, so they take charters of you know, very very well people in this huge, like multi million dollar yacht and it goes around the Mediterranean and then so it just.
Speaker 1: Follows the beautiful people.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you pay.
Speaker 3: A lot of money for for a yacht for a couple of days, why not.
Speaker 1: A cruisy waiter, cruisy cruisy there you get it looks like a fun way to make it quick, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well they get crazy tips as well. So for a couple of days they will make in tips. It might be like two thousand US dollars or something. But actually, a guy that I used to go to high school with was on a season of Below Decking. Yeah he was a chef. So yeah, after high school he went over went overseas and started became a chef and was a chef on luxury yachts. But it's which is amazing life to live right, Yeah, but yeah, it is dramatic, it's funny, it's good. Okay, are you sold reading or not?
Speaker 1: It's so I can't put myself to watch that.
Speaker 2: I think I find it a bit claustrophobic. As amazing as it would be.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I get sea sick as well, I wouldn't be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before we get to the serious show that you're watching. Actually it was with my wife. We had some visitors over last night and I flicked on the TV and I flicked through the stations and I put on The f Boy Island.
Speaker 2: I haven't that's one of the dumbest shows, what I thought.
Speaker 1: But they're so stupid. You just watch You watched it one for half an hour.
Speaker 3: Half out with shows like that, I feel like it's so good because it just tunes you.
Speaker 2: You don't have to think entertained me reading?
Speaker 3: You kept it well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you thought about these shows like this show they always have English people on. It's Australian show if are in Australia, whatever.
Speaker 2: But I think it was bringing I think it's really popular over in the UK.
Speaker 1: They bring him on to here. Yeah, and they've been on the UK.
Speaker 3: Yeah what is something?
Speaker 1: And they bring him here and thinking we all know who they are.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that if you're into these shows, though, you watch them as a.
Speaker 2: Guy singer recorded with his nose.
Speaker 1: He's a garden the gardener, how you show?
Speaker 2: You watched only one episode?
Speaker 1: Again, because it's on Fox as well, we've got to support to.
Speaker 3: Get around it. I think he'd like Below Deck. I think he just needs to.
Speaker 1: Can't bring himself to watch. I may watch in Australia. I was going to say something else, but I want to stick with the way the other one.
Speaker 3: What you got this I've got.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm killing the vibe. I'm to be told this is a very good show twelve, which is sam Neil Court an Australian court drama.
Speaker 1: On this show he won our tipping Brendan cow Oh. Yeah, he's one of.
Speaker 2: The jurors on the show. Yeah, so it's an Australian court drama. I don't always watch Australian drama, which I probably should get around it a bit more, but I actually really enjoyed this. So basically, there's a woman who's on trial for the for the death of her niece, a bit of a who did it type thing? You know who else is on it?
Speaker 3: Matt Mabel, what about this cloak?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Samuel is great in it. He's like a kind of Australian actor and I love this sort of sort of court type things. Yeah, there's two seasons. Actually, I'm just I'm going this is season one. I'm just sort of getting through season one and there's all these like different subplots exploring the lives of the jurors.
Speaker 1: We should give a shout out to Brendan cow because he's a mad rugby tipping com which she mind a few of us about mad Sharks, tough like the Brandon But yeah, congrats on very good act Britain actor about below obviously the game and I flew back and the movie options were liberted. No, no, no, very limited. So I watched anyone but you which has got Yeah, SWI and what's the dude? Was in Top Gme Maverick. He was very good Top Come.
Speaker 2: It was a lot.
Speaker 1: It was entertaining it, you know, Yeah, I didn't think it was. I didn't laugh that much, but it was it was entertainble. Yeah, a little bit feel good, feel good stuff. You know playing, Yeah, Sydney and Palm Beach, but a house of Palm Beach. I've been in the house, but it's yeah, it was filmed in Sydney. Lots of shots of the Opera House and the Harbor Bridge and the Great Beaches and.
Speaker 2: So what was the Australian connection to Beautiful? It was one of them supposed to be and.
Speaker 1: So they had they'd flow into Australia for a wedding. Yeah, so there's some there's some great Ossie actors in it. I'm trying to think of them, Rachel Griffiths, and I can't think of any others. It's a bit saucy at times.
Speaker 2: Well they're too good looking people.
Speaker 1: Attractive view but no, it was anyway for an hour and half. Recommend you have nothing better to do yourself favoring.
Speaker 2: I love that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's about all. It's a good note to end. Not a feel good story, but if a wrong common of romance, your league and romance goes together hand and end, it really does.
Speaker 3: Thanks for tea, Thanks thanks reading.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you next week.