Speaker 1: We got getting every day day, Adelaides. Look, weddings can be so beautiful when your relationships can be absolutely just glorious and just heading into the next stage of your life, and that is when you become man and wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes you can just get caught up, though, can't you in the romance of it all.
Speaker 1: The romance of it all, and the mechanics maybe the physical mechanics and all those types of things out there. As I'll start off with this headline, Graham discovered his new bride was actually a man twelve days after they married, with police alleging his new wife was scamming him. Take twelve days, twelve days. It's a very good question. Twelve days, very very good question.
Speaker 2: Being completely oblivious to the fact that your new wife is man.
Speaker 1: I just thought she always did a way standing up anyway. The Indonesia man known only as Ak, had been dating his partner it didn't a Kansas for a year in person after meeting online. Yeah, the couple, both twenty six, decided to tie not and opted for an intimate ceremony at Aka's home in West Java. Oh fancy, after Cans had told him she had no family left. Well, we can't go to my place CLASSI because I've got no family. The newly wed swiftly moved in together as a married couple, but it did not take long for the groom to grow suspicious of his new wife. I bet little did he know his bride was allegedly in the midst of a sinister plan to steal his family's assets by pretending to be a woman. In reality, Ak's new wife had been pretending to be a woman for over a year in order to carry out the crime. Kansa reportedly avoided intimacy on their wedding night by telling him she did not feel well and that she was menstruating. Oh and there was no follow up.
Speaker 2: Questions a minute, you say that word in front of any man for run a while.
Speaker 1: No more questions than.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to get a bit.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I get it. Thirteen twenty four to ten. What did you find out late into the relationship or.
Speaker 2: Did you find out that your new wife was a man?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent?
Speaker 2: I mean, it happens.
Speaker 1: It happens.
Speaker 2: It's a small oversight.
Speaker 1: Oh, clearly this is very very physical situation. But look they were together for a year. Yeah, before this happened a year and twelve days before my boy Aka found out exactly what was going on with his beautiful partner.
Speaker 2: I never never see her slash him naked.
Speaker 1: I don't know clearly they were waiting until perhaps the wedding dome. Oh yeah, okay, to get intimate.
Speaker 2: That might have been a thing.
Speaker 1: And then she dropped that absolute hail Mary on her part as.
Speaker 2: To why not, I bet I know what you discovered about Kara when you married her, just that she's an absolutely flawless human being.
Speaker 1: Boom. Also, what did you discover late in the relationship, And maybe it was a bit of a game changer, because sometimes people hang on to some pretty solid dark secrets.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: And eventually, as we know jod'es, they will always emerge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the truth always comes out, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the show there's something about Miriam Oh do you remember that? Yes? Remind me again, competing for the hand of a lovely, gorgeous young lady. Yes, And everyone except the other contestants who were men, knew that she was in fact he oh outrageous. You watched it? Yeah, okay, absolutely. They got a lot of trouble as well, I think the show got sued and all sorts of things. But that's something that was found out later on in the relationship, that Miriam was actually a man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you can will put together a show like that, can you?
Speaker 1: I'm not. In twenty twenty four, Greg Gotti, Yeah, what's he got? He's pretty flawless, isn't he.
Speaker 2: I discovered after I married him that he'd broken his nose about seven times.
Speaker 1: A monster.
Speaker 2: I probably could have joined the dots on that one. Let's go all. It's always juicy when it's Anonymous. Good morning, Hie. What did you find out about your husband?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I was together with this person in the twenty eight years, had two children, got proposed to wife, but funny got an engagement ring, and this year found out through birthday marriages that he was still mapping his life. I all bugged at him, and he said he couldn't remember. I'm going to be one of many lies that has come out about him, and yeah, I'm sure I'll hear the rest. And no, I'm not with him anymore.
Speaker 1: So Anonymous a continued relationship, so he was it was it was it a double relationship, like he was still in the relationship with the first wife.
Speaker 4: No, I no, she didn't want anything to do with him, and I actually thought they were separated for three years. Yeah, right, So I didn't know. I just didn't think. And then when I was having bad feelings and yeah, and then a lot of lies were happening, I ended up like research and binding out.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can forget things like putting the garage door down or you know, buying milk. You don't forget that you're married, do you.
Speaker 1: Oh, buddy, Oh that's right, I'm married.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really happen, doesn't so much for that call. That's incredible, Charife. What did you find out about your ex husband that he.
Speaker 5: Had full teeth? Like full sets of benches top and bottom. And I found out on our honeymoon. We were on a glass bottom boat going out looking at fish, and he didn't know that he got seasick. I didn't know that he got seasick. And next minute, I've got two sets of teeth in my hand. I'm looking at the one of the assistants on the boat, going what you know, I won't say the other word, And she just said what and I went, I didn't know laughing and I start laughing, and then we had to put him in a zip lock bag. Why did violently vomited over the side of the boat for half an hour?
Speaker 1: Here we go?
Speaker 2: Did it change? I mean the sexual attraction?
Speaker 5: Well I always wonder why I had such perfect teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we got together, but no, it did it.
Speaker 5: But we're no longer married for other reasons. So yeah, the tea, the two no much worse.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much for ree Kirsty. Oh my goodness, what did you discover?
Speaker 6: I discovered after being with my partner for about six months and I was only twenty one and he was twenty four. He was actually already married and he had three kids.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: I didn't expect that when I was only twenty one. It was like immediate family scenario.
Speaker 2: So how did you find out?
Speaker 6: And after I die, I actually ironically found out because a girlfriend of mine actually told me she knew that knew him through other avenues, and so I actually said to him, you would never keep anything from me, would you. You would tell me everything about what's going on in your life, et cetera. And he came clean in his defense, it'd be a hard thing to bring up. By the way, I'm still technically married and got three kids under the age of five.
Speaker 1: So when you say Chirsty was technically married, like, was he seeing his other wife as well? Was he leading? No, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: No, it wasn't leading a double life. He just hadn't separated, supposedly. Looking back now, I actually wondered whether he had because we're divorced and moved on. So but I yeah, basically he was still married, but he hadn't actually got divorced yet. So yeah, but it was a lot to take on. I remember going to the Titanic thing as a family. All of a sudden, we've gone in as a family past and I was like twenty two years old, thinking, my goodness, I'm actually a family now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so did you And so you guys tried to make the relationship work after that, Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: Actually we were married for thirteen years after that.
Speaker 2: So he became a step mum.
Speaker 6: I became a step stepmom and yeah immediately, and yeah, so I knew the kids from the age of two to the age of sixteen in the end, the youngest. So yeah, but we divorced in the end. But yeah, it was definitely a shock to me at that age because it was like all of a sudden being an immediate I was married at twenty four with three kids. That was very It's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a lot to all a sudden take on to digest, isn't it, with a lot to digest?
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like you came home and said I've got a cat.
Speaker 6: Yes, no, no, I could probably live with that. I'm not sure I could live with you came home said he was actually a girl previously would have been a bit weird.
Speaker 1: When you get to that stage, you start thinking yourself and like, well, how did I pick up on the clues? Were standing up all those types of things.
Speaker 2: Kirstie, thank you, thank you so much for your care.
Speaker 6: Have a great day you too.
Speaker 7: He's what you're waking up to, Adelaide, Sis.
Speaker 2: You just woken up and you're like, oh, so much information out there. I cannot drill down on it. We've got newsreader Abby to do that for you.
Speaker 8: This morning, apps, Good morning, so as we just discussed its budget day, no one's going to care about this but me. Let's be honest, and the other newsreaders or journos across South Australia. But we've already had heaps of pre budget announcements. So basically they're looking at giving two and a half million dollars to the health system. So obviously we have a very closed health system at the moment. We saw elective surgeries cut last week. They're going to be putting more money into getting more beds, boosting our ambulance services, bringing more all of the ambulance on ambulances online when they're driving around as well. There's also forty million dollars on law and order. There's two hundred million for our prison system, and eighty million dollars has been EMUCH for road safety. So they're sort of the things we know about. But it will be handed down by Treasurer Stephen Mulligan at three o'clock this afternoon.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Let's see what abs I can't.
Speaker 7: Oh, we having a budget party.
Speaker 8: Actually, I've been in Vie to a lunch at McLaren Vale, so I'll be having a wine and having a budget party.
Speaker 2: I've said it before, I say it again. I love a man who's good with a spreadsheet, and that's Stephen Mulligan.
Speaker 1: He's very sexy man. Stephen.
Speaker 2: Here, I've said it to his face.
Speaker 1: When he's punching those numbers. You're like, whoa, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, but.
Speaker 1: The things you can do with those numbers in.
Speaker 8: My right lads, Yes, a spreadsheet and being good with numbers.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm looking for in the future. Husband.
Speaker 2: Did you just say breathly, oh, Stephen, Yeah, Well I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it. The whole number thing. On the flip side of that is, I don't. I don't think I know my ones and two times tables.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't surprise me. Also on the flip side, the one time table. Can you not control the spreadsheet? You can't even control your own budget. Your wife has to math it manage your money for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's not sexy, she's my Stephen Mulligan.
Speaker 7: Well, moving on, Joe's what you got for us?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, alleged bicycle band banded Robert and terminal cancer patient Kim Alan Parsons has been a proof of voluntary assisted dying, so he's obviously going to die of cancer. It's been alleged that he committed all these bank robberies back in the day it was probably I don't know, desinerator.
Speaker 7: On Yeah, and it was in the two thousands.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he's going to die of cancer. He won't face trial for another eight months, but he is in possession of his voluntary assisted dying kit and has approval to make use of it. So what do you think about that, someone who can take their own life before they face the music for what they've allegedly done.
Speaker 8: Don't agree with it, obviously, But also then in eight months time, if he's got terminal cancer, will he be even able to get himself into court to stand trial in eight months time? Yeah, it's a good point, like if he's so sick that they can't get him there.
Speaker 2: But also so I mean, is it a waste of money just to then have the drill convictim you're going to jail and then he dies anyway?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It a bike?
Speaker 8: Was he using a pushbike? A pushbike? He would go to all the little banks. I think Madam got hit. I'm pretty sure, oh my god, And they're all little banks and he would go in, he would get the money and he would go off on a pushbike.
Speaker 7: I'm not kidding you. You're looking at me like I'm lying, but.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem real, doesn't it. I keep on getting away with that.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's where your brain goes. So we're having this real intense conversation about the morals around being able to take your own life when you've committed crimes and you're like a mat.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to knuckle down on the small things before we build after the large things like that. Actually posted snooze news, Joe. It's part of a nice little fraternity at the minute.
Speaker 2: Oh are you yeah?
Speaker 1: It's called the Push Up Challenge. Have you heard of this?
Speaker 2: I have no.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's probably time to recruit you. For those who are like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: You absolute filthy idiot. Well, the Push Up Challenge is a free mental health and fitness event focused on pushing for better mental health for all Australians. Participants complete this is the Kicker Okay, three two hundred and forty nine push ups or alternative exercises over twenty four days, representing the three thy two hundred and forty nine lives lost to suicide in Australia in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Well, I applaud this cause and you jumping on board.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, Thank you for those boards. This is good fun. So what you can do as well is and I'm involved in a team at Channel seven okay, So basically you can keep yourself accountable. They set you targets each and every day. It started yesterday we had about fifty push ups. Through today it's about one hundred and ten.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, you can choose the particular charity that focuses on mental health and just get your mates evolved. Do something that's active, but also and most importantly, raise a conversation, beautiful start talking and as we know Jodes, for blokes, that is just sometimes near impossible.
Speaker 2: And I know you've had friends affected by mental health here.
Speaker 1: I've been affected by mental health as well. Do you know what I'm saying in my little fella as well? Yeah, it's one step to say to blokes, hey, you feel comfortable enough to open up, But I think blokes can still feel comfortable to open up and still not open up. Yeah, my boys six, and you can sort of half tell if something's happened at school, something's going on. Yeah, And even then getting information out of him when he doesn't want to talk almost impossible. My wife said to me the other day, what's going on? Because I was quite flat. She has what's going on? I was like nothing, everything's fine, and she said, are you going to talk to me? Or are we have to wait till you've had two beers and all of a sudden you unload for an hour and a half. Yeah, oh, cheers. I don't want to be that guy. Yeah, that just sort of bottles stuff up and then all of a sudden, because that's what blokes do. We bottle stuff up. You guys do it Potentially you leave it until it's in a dangerous situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I've noticed that with you, with my husband, with most men that I've ever dealt with, you just don't talk about your feelings, no.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know if if it's something that we grew up with, Like it's just it sounds ridiculous to say, but not manly to talk about it. How are you feeling? Particularly back in the day, blokes aren't supposed to feel anything else, but much so and strong versus now. Obviously it could save lives if you talk about how you're feeling, and that's what this is all about. But it's just incredible for me in my lifetime to see how much things have swung from that ridiculous stereotype. So hopefully, and we're not there yet, and who knows, we might not ever get there, but we're trying to get to this place where it is completely normal and understandable and absolutely healthy to talk about your feelings each and every day.
Speaker 2: Well, I love that you're working in this space and taking on this challenge.
Speaker 1: How many three two hundred and forty nine projects? And guess why we need some recruits because you get yourself involved in a team, you keep yourself accountable with blokes as well. That's how we communicate sometimes it needs to be to do giving things together, and particularly physical things together. All of a sudden, you're doing it, You've done your push ups, and you start to having a conversation. It could be as much as hey, just while we're here, how are you going?
Speaker 2: Well, I am more than happy to jump on board.
Speaker 1: You're board, Yeah, there she is.
Speaker 2: I'll do it. I mean I've got burst sitis in my shoulder, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, one arm push ups then.
Speaker 2: And just so you know, this is a very safe space and if you ever need to talk, then produce is all is.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Em okay, Joe. So it was fifty two push ups yesterday, today's about one hundred and ten. So we'll start right now. You oh da da da da one hundred and sixty two push ups and also none of this push ups on your knee crap, all right, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: I can't. No, I can't do three thousand push ups on my toes. I will do it on my knees or nothing else.
Speaker 1: All right, that's fine, we'll take that. We'll take that. If you want to get involved as well, just google the push Up Challenge. It's all there, all the information you need, and then it will direct you to download the app and you go from there. You can do it by yourself as well. You don't have to join a team, yep, but just know you don't have to directly make a donation as well. You can help make donations, but it's more so just being part of what he is hopefully a really really positive movement for the next few days.
Speaker 2: Well done to you, my friend.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Jades. Jades, we've both got youngsters and boy Boie. When they start putting their sentences together, it can be really dangerous, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It can be a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They seem to pick up at all sorts of words that you say, even if you say it once or twice and all so the same back or two and you're like, wow, that's wildly offensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Toddlers are like little psychotic parrots, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And even from like three to six and onwards. My six year old caught my wife the other day at DH not aggressive.
Speaker 7: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that she ever deserves that. And also my three year old Lotti called my wife a psycho as well, get away from me, your psycho. But there's one tactic that we use, and I don't know if you do this as well. Yeah, there's one tactic we use. But for whatever reason, and my kids might be the car right now listening to it. So car, I just flicked the flicking onto Spotify just for a second. The count h when you want something? Yeah, the count Yep, I'm going to count to five.
Speaker 2: Well it's three in our house, is it?
Speaker 1: The patience?
Speaker 2: No? No, I am going to count to three. And I hear myself say it, and I'm like, I don't know what happens when I get to I.
Speaker 1: Feel like we'd be the same thing as I wouldn't know what to do. I'm sure my wife Kara has a nice little backup plan, but we wouldn't know what to do. We've got a bit of a no car the other day. Yeah, so our three year old, who is really really aggressive when she gets into a space where she wants something, she's very fierce, she's very determined. She wasn't getting what she wanted. Probably something like ice cream at six in the morning. Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 2: That's a reasonable request.
Speaker 1: Probably something maybe on your birthday, but not when every day is your birthday. That's in the head of a little lottie.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: She took out the card and reversed them in the car and said, I want this. No not having I want this, you know, not having it, she said. Mum, looked in the face, grabbed by the chin and said, I'm going to count to five. It's not a three year old threatening you, looking at you in the eye and saying that's it. I'm going to count to five. Said she got to three. Yeah, and cars and tears laughing. Yeah, before she went down a different that's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: I showed you a meme yesterday and we both cracked up laughing because it's so true. It's like, why am I arguing with you? You can't even put your shoes on the right.
Speaker 1: I want to get my point across to you, and like, hang on, you're wearing You're wearing your shoe as a hat. Two people who I mean, think of the most hate field space that you possibly couldn't that's us, your mad just cruise around in that space.
Speaker 2: Normally we're mates. But I see these eyes looking at you with absolute disdain and disgust right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of them's not even can ap me. So we're looking off into a different direction.
Speaker 2: I'm not angry.
Speaker 1: You got a dicky pupil there.
Speaker 2: So this is out roles. We have a theme each and every week. This theme is guilty Pleasures. So those songs that you probably shouldn't like, but you really really do. Should I say thongs?
Speaker 1: We're talking songs or thongs and what sort of songs we're talking about?
Speaker 2: Leave that to your imagination. So do you want me to go first?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please?
Speaker 2: Okay? So Mine is a debut single by American rapper Vanilla Ice Kay Kennedy and DJ Earthquake and honestly, Kay Kennedy and DJ Earthquake do not get enough credit in this space. And it samples the baseline of the song under Pressure by Queen.
Speaker 1: Did you did know that? Actually?
Speaker 2: Hit me with a bit of ice?
Speaker 7: Ice baby?
Speaker 1: Please? Thanks? This is your guilty pleasure songs?
Speaker 2: Why haven't we got any lyrics? There's want to Singapore?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go for now, now that the party is pumped, all.
Speaker 2: Right, s up, elaborate.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you are selling it so poorly.
Speaker 7: I thought it was the start.
Speaker 1: Is that really?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 1: No your product?
Speaker 2: Don't you?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: So Vanilla I sup against the one and only, the beautiful Natasha Beddingfield. No one else can.
Speaker 7: Feel it for you.
Speaker 1: Only you can lead it no one else, no one else can see the words on your lips, Jody yourself? Do you know the words of this?
Speaker 2: Honestly?
Speaker 7: You can stolen from? I think we'll documented and I love this song.
Speaker 2: Relm you sample for I did not like Vanilla Ice sampled Queen?
Speaker 1: Did I sample this from? Jody? I don't think you're on the credits here for this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right, okay, okay, that's interesting. Get voting everybody on the Jody and Hazy Instagram age please or the song that you want to hear tomorrow morning, right about this time?
Speaker 1: All right, spe Natasha Beddingfield, it's going to be It feels like it's going to be a close race. It is eleven to seven in my favor in saying that you're on a bit of a hot streak.
Speaker 2: And just so you know, that's a very feminine song that you love there.
Speaker 1: I know it is my guilty pleasure song. I'm probably not supposed to like songs like this. No, it just gets me up in the bed, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, whatever, fletch your boat.
Speaker 1: All right, get voting, Like you said, winning song will be announce tomorrow morning at eight. My really picture, it.
Speaker 7: Is so time for a let's go girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is where we download on all the stuff that's really annoying us women during the week, Abby from the newsroom. That would be everything for you. Correct, Yep, producers are.
Speaker 10: Eaten, not so annoyed this week.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, yeah, okay, all right, okay, let's get into it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So this is something that I have spoken I haven't really spoken to you guys about, but I've been talking amongst friends about and basically a good friend of mine. She is single, she hasn't found her person yet, and she is having tests to basically become a mum.
Speaker 7: She's gonna do it on her own, single mum right now.
Speaker 8: Every time, my sister has brought this up twice with me and said, why don't you look at freezing your eggs. I'm thirty four, haven't found the one, haven't found who I'm going to settle down with. And it's funny because every time, well the two times that she's brought it up, I get tiary and I can't talk about it. And I think it's because at thirty four, you sort of go. I thought that I would be married. I thought that, you know, at least i'd be married. I thought that I would have maybe had a kid by now, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 7: Anyway, do you feel pressure on that front?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think I do a little bit, because I think we're sold this dream as children that when you grow up, you meet your person, you go and have your own family, things like that, and I think that as much as I go, you know, hats off to the women who do it and who are single parents will go and do it themselves. But for me, and I've spoken about it before, mentally, I don't think I'm strong enough to bring a child into this world on my own. I've got such an amazing support network, I really really do, and I know that they would be there for me. But also I think you look and you go, I want to bring my kids up in a family unit. Yeah, but today, yeah, I just sort of thought i'd love to hear from people thirteen twenty four to ten. Have you done this? Have you frozen your eggs? Have you gone down the path of having kids on your own? Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well two things here. Firstly, you can do it. You're You're one of the strongest people I know, and you're really fierce, and if you want to have a baby on your own, then I have no doubts in my mind that that's absolutely what you can do. And secondly, this is so common now. I know of so much many people that are just going, well, you know what, I haven't found the night in shining Armor. I haven't found that guy that we're sold as little girls. So I'm just going to do this by myself because I want children. Yeah, So yeah, it's a really interesting conversation. We'd love to hear from anyone who's gone down this path or anyone who's contemplating at thirteen twenty four ten gives a call.
Speaker 1: The other thing to talk about as well, is I think blokes to do it as well. You have a timeline in your head, have we you think things are supposed to be. And I would say maybe ninety percent it doesn't add up, whether it's like Mark twenty five, I should be doing this and by thirty I should be married by this, so I should be having this. And then I don't think you do it on purpose as well. And when it doesn't add up, maybe you feel like you're failing. Yeah, but you're definitely not. Definitely just got different journeys.
Speaker 7: It's funny because you know, I'm thirty four.
Speaker 8: I'm so old, and I have that mentality and that's not a good thing to think of. And then you speak to women who are in their forties and they all, oh, you're such a baby, you're you know, you're so young, and there's me going, oh my god, I'm thirty four.
Speaker 7: Life's over and it's not. It's not at all.
Speaker 2: I had my last child at forty four. So you know, you just never know what's around the corner. But I will say this life's not linear. Life isn't a carbon copy of that dream that we're sold. So you don't know what's around the corner for you. But if you want to pursue this path, I know you can do it. Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten. We'd love you to join the conversation this morning. Are you taking your own reproduction into your own hands? Daisy?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Firstly, are you offended by being called a single mom?
Speaker 12: No, okay at all. I've been a single mother for nineteen years, right, okay, and it's time I got married and I had a house. I bought a house first, and I met a man. I got married, and then we had two beautiful children. It didn't work, and then later on I had another option to have a child. I was a single mom with the second child. My oldest is twenty and my youngest is coming to like fifteen. And from my opinion, the children need both males and females, or you know, we're in a different you know, gender is a bit of an interesting word, but you know, I from my opinion, they have absence from having you know, fathers or mothers in their lives.
Speaker 2: So if you had your time again, you would do it differently, Stacey.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, for sure, definitely, yeah. I believe that the child should stay in a house and the parents.
Speaker 1: Should move out. Wow for the child.
Speaker 12: Absolutely yeah, yeah, yeah. It's not about the adults at this point when you're when you're a mother, it's all about the children. And I think that people have got it wrong. I really feel that even the systems that we have in the government, we've got it wrong. That the children need to have that stability of their own comforts and they should never be ripped away from any of that. They should just have the parents should, you know, say, if they're not parenting properly, for instance, they should be people should come into their house and the children should stay there, and then the parents should leave, do some training and come back.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Stacy, Thank you so much for your call. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Carly, Good morning.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to give you, like a little bit of peace of mind because I mean, I understand the pressure from social media and I guess society is to have kids, you know, in your twenties late twenties, but I didn't meet my person until I was thirty two, and I'm thirty four hours well and we're only just starting to cry for a baby. And I think it's pretty accepted these days. And it's also pretty normal to have babies a little bit later in life, so you know, don't be upset about it. I had a bit of a cry like when you started to talk about it, because I was like, oh, I feel you, but it's going to be okay, Like it's going to happen for you whichever way you too, I think, So, yeah, don't gress about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's so normal obviously, you know, women having babies later in life, it's so so normal.
Speaker 7: You just have to be everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty four, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was twenty four. I reckon Sonya Krueger was maybe forty eight, if not fifty. Yeah, when she had her child. Yeah, it's definitely happening later. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for the call.
Speaker 3: Carly, Hey Ellen, morning, guys.
Speaker 5: How are you going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're good. Thank you. You're on your own with kids.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you're only going to get words of encouragement from me. My eldest is nineteen, so I have three children on the spectrum. My eldest is nineteen. I've done all three.
Speaker 1: On my own.
Speaker 3: I did have children young, though, but when my eldest was born, I was on my own. It was just with my mum was with me in the delivery room. He finished high school last year and has now moved overseas to for his dream job. For me, I don't necessarily believe you need both a mother and a father to, you know, for bringing up children. If you have a great support system in place, and you suppose you already know that you're going to do it on your own, I think you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 3: He can still be fine. My son's he's flourishing, like he was top twelve for his ATAH last year. He's over, he's halfway around the world, dream job, no UNI, nothing, And I think that was he had that support system, not only with myself and my family but at school as well, which really helps. But us women, we can do anything when we put our minds to it. And you'll get days. You'll get days where you're like, oh, you know what, I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 5: I can't do it on my own.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: But you just brush yourself up, pick yourself up and just keep going. So you've got this.
Speaker 2: That's really nice, and that's a really important point she makes as well. You've got a great family support system. And also Tanking Tory too, so.
Speaker 1: Very very loud at times, but that's always very positive.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and let's be honest, I've kept Tank live for nine years, so yeah, surely maybe it's not that hard.
Speaker 2: That's true. Tank's being through some stuff as a Tank or Tory that got hit by the car and then in and then couldn't walk. Yeah, produce, I called you Newsy producers. You've got thoughts on their thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 10: I'm only twenty five from that bit younger that kids aren't on the radar for me just yet. But for me, I've made up my mind that I don't want children unless I fall in love with someone who would really like children, and then I think it would be nice to create something with them. So for me, I wouldn't even consider freezing my eggs because I know I wouldn't do it alone. Having said that, it's not because I don't think I could or that people shouldn't. I was raised by a single mum, and you absolutely don't need a dad in your life one hundred percent or the two parents, so you can totally do it, Abs, just personally, I just wouldn't.
Speaker 2: What makes you so adamant that you don't want kids?
Speaker 10: That's partly selfish. I want to live my life for me. I watched my mum give up her entire life for me, and I'm grateful for it. But I don't want to do that for someone else, which is selfish, but it's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I've just I'm not sure that I have the capacity to raise someone else.
Speaker 2: You've spent some time with Lotty Hayes. Haven't you hung out with Lotty Hayes once?
Speaker 1: And it was over? She sucks a.
Speaker 2: Beautifully though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you look back at it after a couple of shar days, for sure. I can continue the conversations well via text for nine nine nine my nine. But everybody called through this morning, thank you so much and well done. It's really really good opinions and some very very nice words. Abby.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks for everyone who called in and commented. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Not easy to be vulnerable on the radio like that.
Speaker 7: So appreciative. Tears yet so that's good.
Speaker 1: I'll break you up. I'm worryin Joe's right now. Are we in this absolute beautiful little sweet spot of AFL and AFL skits and AFL humor on social media? And you know, we've spoken to the Kicker Forward podcast guys and some other guys getting around called anything is Content. But maybe at the top of the tree are the boys from Marmalade. If you've seen this, this is the Div twelve Resis right, So I reckon these guys connect with everyone so well, is because it feels like they're one of us. Yeah right, you know what I mean, Like we get obsessed with all these AFL players, but they're just on different planets. Yeah, the Div twelve RESI boys. You look at these guys and go, you know what, that could be me. That could be me just running out there, not quite as athletic as some of the other guys and drinking chocy milk. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it went as low as Div twelve.
Speaker 1: Who knew who knew? All athletes in their own capacity, and here we are. I would say that their captain one is a young man, a fearless young beautiful man by the name of Checkers and he joins the scared a Checkers. Good morning to.
Speaker 13: You, Cheers for having me. It's good to be on. I heard you giving us the rabot just then I was thinking, there's never been a hamstring done in the twelve has a spot for you?
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, I wish made, but I'm at least eight to twelve weeks. Hey, tell us what's happening tomorrow nights at Arghana Park, which of course is a beautiful spot where the Elizabeth Eagles play their home games.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so myself and Trey, who sort of do the content under Marmalade, are going back to our junior footy clubs tomorrow night. So I'm lock this footy club and trays as Elizabeth, which is obviously where you went out the other week and kicked the beautiful snag. And we're playing against each other in a bit of an exhibition match for the long weekend, so hopefully get a few, a bit of a crowd down Elizabeth, brings some fans back to local footy and back to Elizabeth and try try to do one better than you did. Not do any injuries.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at one of your videos. You're walking into the Adelaide Oval and the headline is normalized wearing full you and your mates on the hill with the adelege kidd on it with a lucky sponsor.
Speaker 10: On the back.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we just played a game across the road at Uni Parkland, so we thought we don't really want to miss out on the He was a Crows game. Everyone missed out on the footy at so he just walked straight across after the game about really icing up or anything, and then we had to double us up later that.
Speaker 2: You've got your boots on for goodness.
Speaker 13: The ankles were quite solid on that day.
Speaker 1: That We love your stuff mates and for those at home on social media, follow these guys at Marmalade made to tell us the game in particular, she's got some big names locked in fits my night.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'll give you one preshure off the prayers. There hasn't been announcedtairs going to announced bay today, but Tommy Jonas is going to be ping on.
Speaker 1: The first very nice, i'd imagine as well. The TJ is still in very.
Speaker 13: Good Nick's Yeah, it's fresh off, fresh off being a captain of the AFL club. Really coming down to the lowest did, which is a strange four from Grace unfortunately for TJ. But you go, Johnny Plant is going to come back out. So it was a bit. We got Bernie Beard's Daniel Modlot play of social media content creators like Cada McDonald and the Chef Mats Prime Train. But yeah, it should be a couple of thousand people down Elizabeth, and it should be a great night of family fun. I know there's gonna be a lot of chocolate milk candid out, so I think they're looking at about four thousand free cardens to be handed out of chocolate milk, so Elizabeth will be swimming in chocolate milk by then.
Speaker 2: And I reckon, well, we absolutely adore what you're doing right now. Thank you so much for taking the time to have a chat with us this morning.
Speaker 1: No, thank you so much. Guys.
Speaker 13: Hopefully say down there, hazy, weave it. If you're on crutches, we'll try. I'll try and fed your hand ups beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thanks check six thirty tomorrow night at Agana Park. It is the Elizabeth Eagles taking on the Lockley Demons. What an absolute showcase. It's going to be good on your check.
Speaker 13: As we love you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm going to tell you something super exciting. Well it is for me anyway. But this morning at my coffee shop, which is on the corner of my street, it's called Nathaniel's. Big shout out to Nathaniel, who is an absolute legend. Remember when my daughter locked herself out of the house and she had to go down to Nathaniels and they helped her same coffe shop anyway, Well, there's not a chain of Nathaniels, but guess he was in there this morning.
Speaker 1: Are we talking? You said, you said it's someone more important than chasing on.
Speaker 2: Francis bloody elbow.
Speaker 1: Did you think you were going to say that, out of all the people the Prime Minister arguably the most important person in the country.
Speaker 2: The Prime Minister was at my coffee shop, was not mine's Nathaniels technically, how cool is that?
Speaker 1: It is? Yeah, I'm not sure how you would handle yourself if you bumped into Albo at your local coffee store.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know how I know this to be true because he went on five doup lay upstairs and said this.
Speaker 9: Gone, good morning, great to be back in Adelaide this morning. I've been in a little coffee shop, Nathaniels, which is terrific in in Saint Peter's where we've launched our candidate for Stir.
Speaker 1: There you go excites me?
Speaker 4: No end.
Speaker 1: I just wonder. I just wonder. Next time you get to Nathaniels, you need to work out if Thaniel did the right thing and if Nathaniel's part of a different generation. Did Nathaniel grab the Prime Minister and say can we just get a quick photo? Did we get just for the wall and just for our social media?
Speaker 2: He's very unassuming and lovely Nathaniel. I don't think he'd be that forward. But the Prime Minister's people had to come in beforehand and can you see how excited I am? And sweep the coffee shop and make sure that there was no one sinister in there. So they had to get security to go through.
Speaker 1: What do I sweeping for?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't know. Nothing's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Can you do as a favor? Can you do us a favor? And you'll probably go Nathaniels today this is probably private information. Can you please find out what he ordered?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm telling you right now. If the Prime Minister says I'll have a coffee, get us a hot chocolate, then it's off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not sure that we can be led fearlessly by a hot chocolate by someone who drinks a hot chocolate.
Speaker 2: With the marshmallow. I wonder if he charged him to. That's the other question.
Speaker 1: Ask a good question.