Speaker 1: We got get morning every day, adelaides.
Speaker 2: Gosh, he comes Jody in her temporary little vehicle. Beep beep.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're in flux at the moment our household in terms of our car, because I've sold mine, I've purchased a new one, but I'm just awaiting its arrival. In the interim, I am driving my mum's two thousand and nine Kia Serrato, which is.
Speaker 2: A gorgeous car.
Speaker 4: What a two thousand and nine A gorgeous little whip.
Speaker 2: I got it yesterday. I felt like a go car. I thought I was playing Mario Car.
Speaker 4: So I had to drop you to your car. Yesterday.
Speaker 3: I was like, come on, I'll drop you there, and you were like, not if you're driving that little Kia Serrato.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next time I'm going to be like, it's okay, I'll walk now, but where's your car? And I'll be like, Port Augusta, It's fine.
Speaker 4: He was producing molly.
Speaker 3: He was so low to the ground I should have snapped a photo. Honestly, it was like this grown as man crammed into this tiny milk car.
Speaker 2: My bum was touching the bitumen.
Speaker 4: It was like that giant man off the Simpsons. Can you remember that?
Speaker 2: Do you have a problem with my means of automobile? This was the only guard we could.
Speaker 3: Afford, and it just got us reminiscing about our first cars and all the little things that went wrong with them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: My first first car was like a little mini, like an actual, not when minis were cool, but like an actual, like genuine mini. And it was a manual too, so I had to like drive with this stick and it was so tiny. But then my next car that I purchased because I worked three hours every morning that there had been a bakery on the Gold Coast, I was able to afford a Ford laser.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm very trendy two at the time.
Speaker 4: Good stuff welcome.
Speaker 2: Probably green, was it? No?
Speaker 4: It wasn't great.
Speaker 2: It was white. I feel like most of the old school lasers are green for some reason.
Speaker 4: No, this was white.
Speaker 3: The only thing that was wrong with it was that you couldn't open the passenger door on the driver's side, so to get into said car you had to clumb through the boot.
Speaker 2: That's quite the Jannet. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: That's probably why they knocked fifteen hundred bucks off the price.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was your face go?
Speaker 2: I had a Ford Fairlane, which was a hand me down car from mum and dad. But it was like Ford Fairlane was like right at the top in terms of classy stuff. Yeah, but in that era it was about thirty years too well. And I remember I learned two times a hard way that when it said there was thirty k's left and the fuel tank, that actually meant there was none left.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So and one time I ran a fuel on the Sydney Harbor Bridge and we rolled off the bridge because we got over fifty per cent. Ways it's actually a bit of a hill once you get over fifty percent. And I remember parking somewhere randomly on the south side. But that's the most frantic I've ever been as a youngster.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the other time I did it, I was I think I was around Moore Park the other side of the bridge and I had to walk through rain to go buy a jerry can. On top of that as well, I also learned that you can't get an old coke bottle and filled up with fuel. They'll get angry at you the fuel station. Sony life lessons such a short amount of time.
Speaker 4: I mean that feels a little bit dangerous.
Speaker 2: Piece of crap my car?
Speaker 3: Can we can we do this please? Thirteen twenty four to ten. Finish this sentence. My car is useless because dot dot dot we don't care. Oh whatever, what is wrong with your car that you just go, Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, that should be functioning that it's not.
Speaker 2: I give a score thirty and twenty four ten. Best caller up for grabs a two hundred dollars Japanese hair spa voucher from the Jim and Henley Beach. We'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 4: Pay from lind Dock. Complete this sentence. Please. My car is useless.
Speaker 5: Because by car is useless because every time I turn the steering wheel, the radio channel changes or the phone goes up and down. The only way is circumvent. That's setting every radio channel to one channel, which I set and over. Every time it change channel, there's delay and then it goes for it sicks up again.
Speaker 4: Do you really understanding of why.
Speaker 5: There's something bolds behind the steering wheel? But the part is like five back defeat and then You've got all the work the comodols and I'm just going to run into the bram.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, pet, I think your car is more intelligent than you know. So when you're going really really slow in traffic, can you make a bit of a turn your car goes? Okay, elderly person, welcome to five double A.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Emma from Wallanga, my car is useless because the.
Speaker 6: Aircorn does not work, and the windows do not go down, and the radio doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Oh what works?
Speaker 6: Not much? To be honest, not much.
Speaker 4: Amm I talk us through a thirty eight degree day in your car? Please?
Speaker 6: Oh it's it's just horrible. Basically taking off a ways of clothes before you get home, just so you're not melting. Basically, it's not good at all.
Speaker 4: Can we ask what sort of car it is right for?
Speaker 2: I care for?
Speaker 6: It's definitely been through it two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, built to last.
Speaker 6: It does keep going. It does keep going regardless of all its fault. But I think it's time to retire it.
Speaker 3: When you bought that wrap four because I had a rap four, And can you remember you got one of those little stuffed camels for free?
Speaker 4: Did you get the free stuff camel?
Speaker 6: No? I did not get a camel.
Speaker 4: That's not fair.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Brook from Elizabeth Brook. Please complete this sentence. My car is useless because my car is.
Speaker 7: Useless because the back wheels are designed to go bored every six to eight months.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Cars are ic and cheap these days as well, aren't they?
Speaker 4: So what's all?
Speaker 7: That's why I just keep replacing them. It's cheaper than getting it seat.
Speaker 4: Right, So how bored are they Brook at the.
Speaker 7: Moment they brand new? Yeah, but they get pretty bored on the inside of the tire as well. Apparently the car was designed with negative canber, so the top of the wheels go in towards the car.
Speaker 2: So what is it? What's the purpose of that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: I got no idea? Is it just every time I speak to a mechanic, it's just, oh, yeah, we can fix that for you, but you need you need directional tires. So I walked out because every tire can go on both ways.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 7: So with two young kids, it's cheaper just replacing the tires then getting the whole thing fit.
Speaker 2: That that's not going to work. That's not going to work. But that is ridiculous, And I feel like as well. Sometimes in mechanics it's like a dentist to go in there and they know they're just going to throw this mumbo jumbo, But you, like, I just get to the point how much you know I'm not going to argue with you?
Speaker 4: Isn't that true?
Speaker 3: With mechanics, it's I could never have you walked away for like after a service and they're going, everything's tickety boom.
Speaker 2: Well it's a good except for that back piston that's been a road through the frontal lobe of the petrol valve. Oh, I haven't seen something like that in years. And you're like, oh, gosh, can you fix it? Well, I can do it, but it's not going to be cheap.
Speaker 3: You do a good mechanics. Let's go to Aaron from Mitchell Park. Aaron, complete this sentence.
Speaker 4: Please. My car is useless because.
Speaker 8: Every time I turned the corner the horn goes off.
Speaker 2: That is confronting. That is confronting. Oh do you do like? There just be moments, Aaron where you're like, oh, I don't need the heat of someone being like, what's your problem? Why are you beeping?
Speaker 4: What's your problem?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 8: That's the website. As you're turning, it holds the horn on. So it wasn't like it was just a beat. It would be an aggressive long hold horn. And if I was a traffic lights and there were people crossing the road would be looking at me. So just wave the light wave as if I've been lovely.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's your problem? It's Aaron. He's a nice actually nice guy.
Speaker 3: Do you know where that would come in super handy at suburban football grounds?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, here he is go South ADELAIDI we just touched on before. Joe's The really really thing is it's probably going to go down so far it's easily the biggest story in South strain and footy this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so if you're not up to speed.
Speaker 3: He yesterday at around lunchtime, announced that he was withdrawing from Showdown fifty seven. He wasn't going to play, and then the AFL jumped in afterwards and said, well sit down, Willie, because we were going to bench you anyway, and they proceeded to suspend him. He now has to undergo some training around respectful and thoughtful communication, which I can see the irony in that, because that man is on the receiving end of a lot of disrespectful communication from fans, a lot of racial vilification and the like and the port Adelaid Football Club have been pretty staunch on this and they've basically come out and said that the AFL are not handling the way indigenous players are treated very well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the message you got yesterday.
Speaker 2: That one hundred percent is the message from Chris Davis, who is the GM of Football.
Speaker 9: Port Adelaide footy Clubs certainly believe that the industry can be doing more to educate people within the industry on the challenges that are faced by both First Nations and multicultural players in the competition.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what that means is what we see on the outside is Willy rioally going off at several players yep, on the field and people in the uproar has been quite outrageous, particularly from Commetary East and places not in South Australia. That's where all the big sort of takes usually come from. And that is oh, this willly that what Chris Davis is saying is you guys have no idea what the hell is happening regularly, like super regularly behind the scenes to potentially put will in such a state people.
Speaker 3: And I did have this thought yesterday as Chris Davies was speaking.
Speaker 4: In the press conference.
Speaker 3: Willy really needs to delete his social media because the alarming rate at which people slide into his DMS to abuse him is frightening.
Speaker 4: So I just think I think he needs to get off it.
Speaker 2: And that's the bother thing. It's not just direct messages, it's everywhere. It's social media in general. So unfortunately Willy, we'll be able to find and people will find horrendous comments thrown at Willy, but not necessarily directly in his inbox. So that's what he deals with and we'll never know. I did find something interesting from Chris Davis which I said in which he said in his first press conference a couple of days ago, and that was something along the lines of he deals with stuff with that you won't have to deal with, and that is pointing to a white person that I don't have to deal with. He's white, and that will never be able to comprehend what that could possibly do to you, and not only just one or two times, like genuinely regularly, and what sort of told that would take on you. The big question now is what happens with Willy. He's taking the week off confirmed last night. It's who knows when he's going to come back, yeah, And there's all sorts of talk will he come back, like, is there a chance he doesn't come back? Geez?
Speaker 3: I hope he's not lost, because you're a big fan of what he can do on the field, don't you.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge fan of with really and I know as well, and Chris Dave has made this point as well that the best place for him to be in a safe space where he can get himself, in a place where he's happy. He's at a football club like Port Adelaide, so you really really hope he's not lost a footy and you hope he's not lost a port as well.
Speaker 3: And also we're not sitting here condoning him sending you abusive messages.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: But it's just, as to Chris Davie's point, it's just about sitting back and having a think about what this man endures on a weekly basis in terms of racism, and I think before you fly off the handle and go oh, will just have a think about that, Have a think about what that would do to your emotions, to your psyche, to you as a human being to be on the receiving end of that abuse.
Speaker 2: And That is the problem because you can't know, you can't imagine what they'll be like unless you in that situation. So that's where it's very very tricky for people to understand. Yep, Joe's giving her a one sleepout from Showdown in fifty seven and thought, why don't we get a showdown specialist on. Yeah, one of the showdown greats.
Speaker 3: And something we have just discovered. And I'm going to let you tell the story. You played in a showdown, Ryan Fitzgerald, and it was a fairly significant one for all the off field exploits.
Speaker 4: Tell everyone the showdown you played in.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 10: I played one showdown, guys, and it was it was actually the Ramsgate Showdown. It was the next day. We were all having lunch and a few drinks down at Henley Beach, and I still remember. Rue came back and said, I've just been informed that all the port over.
Speaker 8: The rams Gate.
Speaker 10: He said, let's go over and have a couple of drinks. Don't do anything stupid, but I do remember he sort of turned back to it and said, but if they do something stupid, we're all in. And you know, I still remember because because Rue got tagged that game by Josh Carr. I look, I remember that game fondly because I was I was on the exercise bike for three quarters on the bench waiting to come on. Then I came on and stood Daryl Wakelan and had I had an opportunity to sort of kick clear for the Crows. I reckon to put us about eight points ahead, fifteen meters out shaped the Hazy missed it, port Adelaide, took it down, kicked the goal, took it out of the middle, kicked another goal, and then they won the game. And I remember at the ramsgate Rue Rue because Cary was getting stuck into him out in the field, and I think Rue was doing a couple of pinch tactics that Cary was doing to him on the field. And then next thing you know, I what well, I won that fight by one hundred.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 10: I was half military, right. I think I was near West Lakes when the fight started.
Speaker 2: And I was running very far like that's that's what got the kid drafted back in the day. He's zero to twenty was elite.
Speaker 10: No, I honestly was hiding behind the car. It was out of control, Like I I'm a lover, not a fighter. Jade and I said to myself, I'm just going to let this go over. Yeah, it was. It was definitely. I do remember. I do remember. The next day we had a team meeting and you know, run their heads down and I'm like, oh god, and Garieres was like, okay, we need to address this. Did we fight?
Speaker 2: That's so old school and beautiful?
Speaker 4: Did you though? Did you win the fight?
Speaker 7: Who want?
Speaker 10: I couldn't because I was in a fetal position, just rocking back and forth. I didn't see anything, Jones, I couldn't see anything.
Speaker 2: You know, Let's bring it back. Come on, they were SHOOTO looking wrong?
Speaker 10: Well that you should you know what we should do. Get the supporters involved, CROs supporters, power supporters, Ramsgate, one on one and gone, and let's go for.
Speaker 2: It, Thunder, let's get the ball in there.
Speaker 3: Hasn't Joshka got a bit of a nasty street getting him to Jo Josh.
Speaker 10: He's one of the best men you'll ever meet, Josh Carr. I rate that, man, I mean we The funny thing was no one wanted to fight that because everyone thinks there's such a rivalry between the port Alane and Crow's Boys, but actually everyone gets along really well. You know, off the field. But it's just it just goes to show that when alcohol is involved, things can be you know, yeah over censorison and then it gets heated. But mate, Josh Cart, he is one of the best, and I'm actually looking forward to his coaching career because I think you'll do it quite well. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Hey Fitzy, who's your tip for the weekend.
Speaker 4: Obviously you're going to go with your heart and go Crows, but.
Speaker 10: Well the heart is saying no. Well the head is saying crows because Crows are obviously in better form at the moment. But you just can't discount the underdog in the showdown because they always get up. Well, I can tell you this Port Adelaide is not going to lose by ninety points again like they did last week.
Speaker 2: Now here's a statistic for you.
Speaker 10: The last four times that Port Adelaide have lost by I think it's eighty points or more. Absolutely flogged.
Speaker 2: They respond, They.
Speaker 10: Came out the week after and once well, good day, they respond very well. But I'm still going to pick the crow's stuff, Paul, Yes.
Speaker 4: Great stat Bruce mcavany.
Speaker 3: On that note, Ryan Fitzgerald, thank you so much for joining us again for fifty fridays.
Speaker 4: We love it.
Speaker 2: Go from Mother's Day on Sunday.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It's a lovely day to celebrate all the beautiful women in our life. Whether it's your wife because she's got kids, your kids, it's your mum, it's somebody else. We're all connected. Beautiful.
Speaker 4: Now what about the blokes go, I'm getting my wife something, she's not my mum.
Speaker 2: Oh that's ridiculous. That's a death sentence. Colors be better than that, exactly right. What are you guys up to on Sunday?
Speaker 3: We're going to Lounder's Cafe, which is a beautiful little cafe down by the Torrens.
Speaker 4: So we're going to ride our bikes.
Speaker 3: Along there, maybe kick the footy at the Uni Loop afterwards, you know, just holdsome stuff.
Speaker 2: That is really nice. We hear a lot actually from your girls. We hear mainly from Peyton. Yeah, she's pretty vocal.
Speaker 3: You like to rag on her, so I like to get her revenge on Uncle Andrew.
Speaker 2: But someone's doing some good things as well. And then of course there's little Harper, who is a ball of energy. She sometimes she's controversial, sometimes she's cute, sometimes she's demonic.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes she won't get dressed for ballet.
Speaker 2: It's all a beautiful little thing.
Speaker 4: Every Tuesday and Wednesday.
Speaker 2: To say, the girls have actually put something together for you and you didn't know this was coming.
Speaker 4: No, what have you done?
Speaker 2: So to celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday, let's hear from the oddie girls who are planning a very special day.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Mom, is Summer and I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day and thank you so much for everything you do for me and my sisters and how hard you work to get me the things I want and I need. I love you so much throughout the day until it's time for us to sit at the dinner table and you spend twenty minutes straight talking about how you need to get.
Speaker 2: An early night's sleep.
Speaker 1: Love you so much, Have a great Mother's Day.
Speaker 9: Bye.
Speaker 11: Happy Mother's Day, Mom.
Speaker 4: It's Peyton.
Speaker 11: I love you so much and I'm thankful for everything you do for the family, like picking me up from school. And I'm very thankful that you choose to go to bed early so the rest of the family doesn't have to suffer from your grumpiness.
Speaker 4: Love you Bye, bo.
Speaker 2: Hi Patha, I love you.
Speaker 10: So much.
Speaker 1: Mom, Happy Mother's Day and thank you for picking me up from school and making dinner for me.
Speaker 10: I love you so much.
Speaker 2: I hope you have look great.
Speaker 7: Mothers day.
Speaker 2: A happy mother's day, Joe. It's good on you.
Speaker 4: Top it.
Speaker 2: Lovely messages from your girls. There. I hear some flowers as well.
Speaker 4: You so much. Oh that's so beautiful flowers.
Speaker 2: Did you pick those out? I selected them all myself again.
Speaker 4: Oh it's stunning. I have a little loss for words. Just made me cry.
Speaker 2: Well, Sunday is going to be very very special day, so not just for you, but for all the mom's out there. Congratulations. You do such a hard work and such at times an unrewarded job. Yeah, like I seriously, I I it is so much easier for me to work fifteen hours a day and then go home looking after the kids for five or six hours, because that is so so consumed in a beautiful way. Yeah, very very consumed, and you do a very good job.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And you know, as much as that was lovely to hear from my girls, I think I'm the lucky one to be their mum because they are really really good kids, and you know, they're my world.
Speaker 4: So yeah, thank you for.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you producing Molly, because I know you would have organized the flowers, et cetera. Oh thanks guys, and Happy Mother's Day to your beautiful wife Kara. We often have the conversation of how she allows you to do what you do. She's incredible your wife, so you better look after her on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, jose Yes, she's absolutely perfect. Happy Mother's Day to all the mums on Sunday. We absolutely love you, love.
Speaker 5: Wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, opportunity for you to choose the music, and I'll tell you what, it's a very very interesting contest this week in saying that right now it is sitting at seven to five, you definitely need a win. You definitely need a win.
Speaker 9: That's fair.
Speaker 2: And look also that we were blessed because we got to go back to nineteen ninety nine. The nineties had some every hits.
Speaker 4: Didn't I and two songs selected you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I went with this Little bad Boy A six months none the richer. It's a good song, very good song. You left it to the last song.
Speaker 3: I did, which is always a gamble because it's going to be really really good.
Speaker 4: Or really really crap.
Speaker 2: And who would have thought. I think maybe it's paid off. Can I just say something about back in the day she did something. Well, let's just say, as a youngster coming through with a lot of hormones running through my body, she kept me warm night. Okay, she keept me warm night in my mind? What yeh to know?
Speaker 3: It's way man, I just don't know what you want me to say.
Speaker 2: You don't have to say anything. I don't need you to say okay, because it's not going to change the way I used to feel that. And to Jimmy, Jimmy going yeah, going, well, thanks mate.
Speaker 3: All Right, how we go on the socials Johnny and Hazy on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Lets have an image of Hazy with a pin up of sh Twain.
Speaker 4: We're all trying to shake it.
Speaker 2: That's the g rated version anyway. All right, the nineteen ninety nine Battle of the Bangers. I will say this was a very tight call. But do you want a drum roll? There? Jimmy, I reckon, I reckon, I might need one. Here you go, great man, I need this, Jimmy. The winner is that, don't impress? She started your back baby. Oh thank you to everybody. He voted from nineteen ninety nine. The winner for this week's Battle of the Bangers, Shanaia Twain. That don impressing name