Speaker 1: We got gets youtherday morning, every day day, every lady glean adelaide.
Speaker 2: Really, let's chot, it is so time for it.
Speaker 3: Let's go girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's got a girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah now wow, And that's all I've got to contribute any sleep. Last night, My morning starts worrying about three am. That's when Sunny decided to venture in. And then all of a sudden, the dog was up, the cat was up. Now three hour was up and everyone was up.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: Anyway, there's a chick chat, so pipe down over there.
Speaker 6: We've got producers Zoe in with us, dur in the morning twenty in a lovely relationship with beautiful Alex View.
Speaker 4: We all love and hope that one day you might marry. But anyway, I'm just skipping ahead here. We've got news through to Abbey in the house as well.
Speaker 6: In your thirties, happily single most of the time, single as a fringle. Yeah, sometimes ventures onto the dating apps, you.
Speaker 7: Know, just test the waters and then delete them promptly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, throw a little line out there now and then so we get a nibble.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this is what we're talking about this week.
Speaker 6: Feminist writer Clementine Ford hit the headlines by claiming in her new book.
Speaker 4: That marriage is an absolute waste of time.
Speaker 6: She said marriage is great for men, while women were left with a large burden inside of the relationship.
Speaker 4: This is what she had to say on the project.
Speaker 8: My biggest issue with marriage is that I think that it's fundamentally flawed institution that is built on the oppression of women. I mean, it's a pretty big issue, but also that it's presented to people now as something that it never has been, which is something that we need in order to have happiness and love.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 8: Marriage is only about two hundred years old, so the idea that somehow marriage is an essential thing that will elevate our life to something better is historically wrong. And I think that we would be much better as people focusing on how to make ourselves happy and how to live in accordance with our own values, rather than thinking, well, they need to be married in order to be somebody in the world.
Speaker 1: There you go, be controversial opinion, food for thought.
Speaker 6: There. She went on to say, if you essentially have all the same legal rights in a de facto relationship as you would in a marriage, why is it that marriage and a piece of government paper.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 4: What is that giving you that a fact relationship, isn't it? First thoughts on this. I think marriages should be equal.
Speaker 6: So if one person feels like, Okay, they're contributing more to the marriage than the other person, then yes, maybe Clementine is onto something there and the other thing. I guess it begs the question are we meant to be with someone one person our entire lifetimes? Because when marriage two hundred years ago was invented, then we died when we were fifty. Now we're living a lot longer, so that means a lot longer with the one person.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thoughts producers.
Speaker 9: Are we No, it's a big one. It's a very big one. Growing up, I've always been a huge, hopeless romantic. I've always wanted to have the happy ever our in the fairy tale and everything. And as I've gone a lot of Taylor Swift, No, that's sad times, but I've always thought that that's what I wanted until I got a little bit older and I am a kid of divorce. I've seen a couple of divorces in a time and it's not pleasant and it makes you think if legally it's the same when you're de facto and all the rest.
Speaker 3: What does it matter the.
Speaker 4: Piece of paper.
Speaker 9: I still believe in the celebration. I'd like to think that, say Alex and I decided to spend the rest of our lives together, I'd like to have a party and do the whole how good, how good to.
Speaker 4: How good to love? But so do you think you'll get married or not?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't mind if I don't, is the answer.
Speaker 9: Whereas growing up I thought I had to, But right now I don't mind if I don't, so long as I'm happy.
Speaker 1: What's sound. That's the sound of Alex's tear drops.
Speaker 4: He's reader, Abby.
Speaker 6: I'm really curious as to your thoughts because you've you've been drinking from the marriage cool like for a long time, haven't you.
Speaker 7: I think there's a few things to this.
Speaker 10: So I come from a family where, you know, like my aunties, my uncles, my grandparents, everybody was married, everyone got married.
Speaker 7: Both my sisters are married.
Speaker 10: I'm thirty three, still haven't found somebody, and I feel pressure to find a relationship, get married, settled down. But then on the other side of that, you do look at I look at my sisters, I look at my friends who struggle in relationships and in marriages because you know, they're trying to have a career, but then the husband's.
Speaker 7: Are working, like all of the things.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it's hard, like it's hard to kind of go, is that what I want? And then I sort of do the whole Maybe in this lifetime, it's just not in the cards for me. Hmmm, maybe it is, who knows. But on the other side of that, being on dating apps as well, the amount of people who have like they're in relationships but they're still looking Oh yeah, my partner knows that I'm on here, you know, looking for something else. I feel like as a society, we're moving away from there's one person for us for the rest of our lives. Yeah, personally, I'm like, yep, I would like to get married. But then yeah, sometimes I have those days of like, maybe this lifetime, I'm just meant to have a really great career and just be really happy having nieces and nephews and having great friends.
Speaker 6: So don't get me wrong here with what I'm about to say, Because I love my marriage and I love being in it, and I love my husband but sometimes I do look at you and I go It's been kind of nice not to have to answer to someone, because when you get married, it's no longer a single entity. You are constantly having to think of the other person the whole time, and your children.
Speaker 10: I think we do the whole like we want what we don't have, and I'm not going to miraculously be happy if I find someone. But I'm not gonna lie like it's bloody lonely at times. You know, I'm house sitting a house at the moment, and it would be nice on a Saturday night to have someone there to have dinner with, or hey, what are we doing today, Let's go and drive through the Adelaide Hills whatever. So I'm not going to lie, and so it's not lonely. But yeah, I think you get to a point where you go maybe it's not the be all.
Speaker 4: And end all thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 6: We'd love your thoughts on this pro marriage, anti marriage, where's everyone sitting with it and we're moving away from it as an institution?
Speaker 4: And marriage is I think one thing we'll all agree on. Marriage is bloody hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: You'd be in the trenches sometimes that's for sure. And as Bob Dylan has told us and taught us so effortlessly, the times are hour changing. Twenty fourteen. Get involved.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Kurston. Good morning, Good morning, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 11: Well, look, I never was a huge fan of marriage. I grew up with a single mum and I knew she'd been her in her marriage, and yeah, I didn't. It wasn't the bee all to actually get married for me. And I used to make the joke, if marriage is an institution, do you want to be institutionalized?
Speaker 7: True, brilliant?
Speaker 11: Yeah, And then I don't know. I think my husband and I would do. We ended up getting married, but I think we've also now divorced and I've been single three years, and I think we in retrospect, we both agreed that we weren't really the marriage tight. Yeah, and I think yeah, I even took out the word forever in our marriage bout Yeah. I didn't want the words forever because I didn't think marriage has to be forever. We all change and grow and ke's be nice to think that we could stay with the same person for life, But I don't know. I think that might be an unrealistic expectation.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Very interesting. Michael, good morning. Are we pro marriage or anti marriage?
Speaker 12: I'm definitely pro marriage, Okay, is that I think it's a wonderful institution. If you want to still call it that. We call it holy matrimony, and I think it everybody's forgotten to look after each other as opposed to, you know, a selfish worl that we live in now with social media and selfies and the rest of her I think that your partner should be for life. And if you put her first and she puts you first, and you both have that together, it will last forever. And if it isn't, you know, if it's broken, fix it, don't throw it away and start again. Call me old school, but for me, I've been married twenty years and I think it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the penguins, the penguins, I like, mate.
Speaker 12: You know what, when I'm eighty years old, I'd love to have my wife byma side still because there's nothing more lonely than getting old, I think, and then having children and they stop visiting you eventually when they get older, and then having you know, no one next to you, and dying alone. And I hear lots of stories like that. So I think, you know, when we do find the one we love, we should get married and we should definitely hold their hand all the way through life.
Speaker 9: That's part of the fear, isn't it. That's part of the fear of wanting to get married as well of not wanting to be alone as he get older.
Speaker 6: I'm what about the people that do grow old together but really disliking each other yea, and not having a good time of it?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I really struggle if I go to the shops and I see two like a couple and not a stereotype a woman, but the woman is really angry at the man and you know, kind of having a goal at him or whatever, and he you can tell, you know, he's just sort of walking around but it's probably used to it.
Speaker 7: But like you just go, oh, God, like, just be nice to each other.
Speaker 6: But conversely, what about the older couples that you see walking down the streets.
Speaker 4: It's the most beautiful thing in the world.
Speaker 10: My grandparents were together for over or married over sixty years. And I remember my pop saying, if it's broken, fix it. You don't go and buy something new, maybe bought Yeah, don't be bought Nanna.
Speaker 6: But anyway, we got time to take Alie really quickly.
Speaker 1: To ali your.
Speaker 11: Situation, well, mine's on a on a flip scale.
Speaker 5: I was with my kids' dad for seventeen years monogamously. Everything was fine. We just grew apart. We're still break money. I met my current partner about four years ago. He was in a twenty year monogamous marriage, and we are now what's called ethically non monogamous, so we live together, but we have other people in our lives that helps to enrich our lives. Generally, we're all friends. You know, our children are aware of what we're doing, who we are, and for us it's made us happier people. Monogamy is a great concept, but as a human speak is we are designed to be pat creatures. We're designed to surround ourselves with many and they always faith takes the village to raise a family. Why does that village have to be in a non intimate capacity. Why could we not be intimate with model people? But the trick is, and the struggle that most people find with this is truth and honesty and as people say, struggle with that and non monogamy and polyamory require such a high level of honesty and communication. You don't have that with your partner in a monogamous relationship. It's not so bad. In what were you do? It's everything everyone here for it and that's okay. But for us it works.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Okay, that's a good point, isn't It is truth and honesty and yeah in any situation.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for your thoughts, and thanks to everyone for their honest this morning.
Speaker 1: It was really fascinating than a lot of texts coming through. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 4: What if you can book your hotel now and choose to pay when you get there.
Speaker 1: With thousands of flexible booking options in select days, you're only what if away from your next holiday.
Speaker 4: Look on the what if?
Speaker 3: What if it's for travel?
Speaker 6: Here's where you're waking up to Adelaide breaking news.
Speaker 3: What's the news today?
Speaker 2: Snooze news?
Speaker 6: Information can be overwhelming, so we're just going to break it down. This at the top three stories that you need to know today. Let's go into the news room with Abby.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 10: A big day or big week, I should say a big few weeks for year twelve, because your twelves exams exams start today.
Speaker 7: I can't talk, so luckily I'm not doing them.
Speaker 10: The high summer of students in twenty three, there's over twelve thousand students sitting exams, so that's huge. Good luck to everyone out there. But the big story obviously to do with public school teachers is whether or not they'll strike on Thursday. So the state government will discuss a new pay and conditions still this morning, and then we'll present it to the union and then the teachers will vote.
Speaker 7: If they do.
Speaker 10: Oh, if they are happy with it, the strike won't go ahead on Thursday. If they're not happy with it, the strike will still happen on Thursday.
Speaker 4: So yeah, interesting times.
Speaker 6: I think they're asking for about eight percent pay rise, whereas I think nurse has only got two or three percent.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. I don't think it doesn't feel like they'll come to a resolution today.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think so either, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 10: But hopefully they're saying you twelve exams won't be affected, but I'm sure if they're all going and striking again, there could be some disruption.
Speaker 1: Give them a pay rise, better teachers means better students. Otherwise you get idiots like me who cheated in their PDHPE exam and still only got sixty percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how is that even?
Speaker 1: To think? I cheated it twice? I had all the notes in my back pocket. I went to the talk twice, came back and I was like, I can't get anything less than ninety five percent.
Speaker 3: Sixty percent, But I brand for you.
Speaker 6: I still feel like even if teachers had to pay rise, there was no salvation for you when it came to twelve.
Speaker 1: Nah, I am the stone and you ain't getting any blood out of it.
Speaker 6: News talk about the block if you haven't seen it and you still plan on going back to watch it. Spoiler alert, because I'm just about to tell you who won New South Wales Childhood sweetheart. Stephan and Jianne emerged as this year's winners. They their house sold for five million dollars and the reserve was three point three five. Now, I know you weren't very good in your twelve, but that's a profit of one point six five million dollars. Wow, and that's an all time high plus the one hundred grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they wrecked it in good time to sell.
Speaker 4: The biggest winnings in block history.
Speaker 6: That was also instant millionaires Melbourne sisters of Elizabeth and Liberty, who's house sold for four.
Speaker 4: Points three million and that gave them a profit at one point oh five.
Speaker 1: You're Libby.
Speaker 6: Not so good news for the South Australian couple though they only made sixty five thousand people, six five thousand people, six thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You're very fertile family. How is a Christmas spread?
Speaker 4: How people you got for Christmas? Lives?
Speaker 1: Sixty kids you got coming sixty five? Oh wow, we might have to get another table anyway.
Speaker 6: And then one of the other couples at their house didn't sell it all, so it was passed in. So wouldn't you hate to go through that experience and then come away with nothing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: On National TV, Yeah that sucks.
Speaker 6: Very controversial series though a lot of infighting apparently, right, they love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here we are you know what they say? Good for TV?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. The six fifteen vending machine quiz.
Speaker 6: Look at the six fifteen vending machine just in this morning, going hey, look at me, I'm so full of prizes.
Speaker 1: Every time you pump it up, though, it cracks it. And then to retrieve this prize, we have to genuinely physically go in there and lift its face off, and lift its face off. Baddy.
Speaker 8: Whoa.
Speaker 6: Let's go to Rachel from gaula who wants to play this morning? Good morning, Rache?
Speaker 2: Morning?
Speaker 4: Hell are you great? Thanks? Did you have a lovely weekend?
Speaker 6: I did? Thank you?
Speaker 4: What did you get up to Rach?
Speaker 13: At home looking after sick kids? But fine, yeah it wasn't quiet, no work, so that's fine.
Speaker 4: That's good news.
Speaker 7: All right, Rach.
Speaker 4: Let's rip into the vending machine. Three questions.
Speaker 6: If you get the third one right, you get your selection of prizes. You could go, yep, what is your body's largest organ?
Speaker 1: Question the skin spot?
Speaker 4: And rage stop you're a child? Stop it? Okay. Question to slide is from which iconic kids movie I'm.
Speaker 6: Watching you and asking always watching?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's from uh the Witches or Gremlins.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Rach, incorrect. Okay, Let's go to leave from Strath album Hayley. Okay, do you know what this line is from what movie? Wat?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought people were stuck in that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that one.
Speaker 6: All right, If you get this right, then you get a crack and Daylas Swift started her music career with which genre?
Speaker 5: Which? What?
Speaker 4: Which type of music?
Speaker 1: Did you say pop?
Speaker 6: That's incorrect, Jane from Mowson's Late Morson Lakes, Mowson's Legs, Good morning morning.
Speaker 4: Do you know which genre Taylor Swift started her music career with?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes? What?
Speaker 1: What I there? Jane? Are you tyl sleep Swift fan? Rather sleep? Do you approve of the New Boys?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: They seem happy.
Speaker 6: I went to watch the Taylor Swift movie on the weekend, which is three hours long, and no one told me it was just the concert.
Speaker 4: There's no behind the scenes her concert.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the heads up.
Speaker 4: Okay, wish someone had to give me their heads up. That wouldn't have brought gold cast tickets. I'll give you the big.
Speaker 6: Tip, all right, six fifteen vending machine. I need a letter between A and C please, I'll go see and a number between two and six.
Speaker 5: Sick.
Speaker 4: Okay, got your eyes on any prize here, Jane.
Speaker 13: I would be happy with anything.
Speaker 2: Very the chips.
Speaker 1: You please avoid the chips, Jane.
Speaker 6: Okay, the vending machine this morning has delivered you some chicken flavored chips.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I love thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Jane.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Jane, Okay, good, very annoying from the vending machine.
Speaker 1: What's your problem? Bending machine? Seriously?
Speaker 4: Who hurts you as a child?
Speaker 1: Sort of weekend? Did you actually have? What happened behind the scenes. Finally, Joe, it's some confirmation that I'm not just a big old you know what when I watched some of these movies, particularly some of these animated movies, and I'm watching with my kids.
Speaker 4: Big old baby, you mean, big old baby.
Speaker 1: Crying while watching movies is considered a sign of emotional strength rather than weakness. And this is according to a bunch of psychiatrists. And they get it, they get you, They know exactly what's going on. This emotional response is often linked to the release of oxytocin, which is triggered by the emotional connections formed through vicarious social experiences portrayed in the film.
Speaker 6: That actually makes sense to me, because sometimes you just feel like a good old fashioned cry, and for some reason afterwards you feel so much better.
Speaker 1: Absolutely you do. And sometimes it's quite the random movie as well. So when you cry during a movie, it indicates that your attention is deeply engaged and the storyline has successfully elicited strong emotions, right so.
Speaker 4: That's like, that is the aim of most directors to make people cry.
Speaker 2: That right.
Speaker 1: I cried quite easily as well, So I reckon. I've seen Mona maybe thirty five times across the journe since I've ventured into fatherhood. Yep, the particular moment right at the end where Maana restores the heart of Taffiki into the lava God. Who even knew that the lava God was Taffiki?
Speaker 2: No, now they're about to touch heads.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you're July.
Speaker 1: And then she restores the heart and I start crying like an absolute beautiful little baby.
Speaker 4: Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Now, I'm okay, now starting to draw some sort of emotion.
Speaker 4: I just love that your kids are like consoling dad.
Speaker 1: It's okay, Dad, It's going to be okay. It works in every day life as well. Each and every morning sometimes news read Abby is not quite up and about and we'll just touch heads sort of five thirty in the morning. I'm like, you know, and then she's good after that, So that's good.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: You got one.
Speaker 6: So the movie that makes me cry every single time even just thinking about it is my girl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you get messed up by a bunch of bees like that. There's a strong message and all that. Don't mess with bees, rocks and beehives. Gang mentality, Camacarzi gang mentality.
Speaker 4: Little Thomas J.
Speaker 6: Just really got the raw into the honeystick or whatever that expression is.
Speaker 4: You do a good little Thomas J.
Speaker 1: And Breton.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you can see those classes.
Speaker 4: Like actually bullying, so you go on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, unfortunate a few, but tax a little bit for me. There are two movies without a doubt, Romeo and Juliet Basilemon's version with Leo DiCaprio gorgeous. When I was in year nine at school, we studied it and I had to be removed from class for distractingly crowing.
Speaker 1: It was distracting from everyone.
Speaker 3: Else from ugly sobbing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what you do, the.
Speaker 9: Shake up.
Speaker 3: But more recently the whale, the whale of course, Brandon Beach.
Speaker 1: Bro of course, because you don't know, you don't know if the whale was going to get back in the emotion, it's like what.
Speaker 3: Is hanging on beach des Yeah, I got.
Speaker 1: An emotional during that double A nine one nine nine one nine. What are the movies that sort of tip you over the edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll get you every single time.
Speaker 1: I one for me, of course is step Brothers kid game. Excuse to play this?
Speaker 3: Don't stop it, I'll stop it.
Speaker 1: That's cute when I had my for.
Speaker 3: You don't understand.
Speaker 2: I might look bug, but I can't.
Speaker 6: You bre.
Speaker 1: Calm down, Zoey, stop cry.
Speaker 3: Now, that's a job.
Speaker 1: That was a joke. That's a joke, joke, A terrible job, probably the best. And I'm going to say the only way to start your monday.
Speaker 4: Just did a human Yeah, we just like to bring a bit of that to the table. All right, let's go round the room. Abby, do you want to go first? Abby?
Speaker 7: From the news rep.
Speaker 1: You set the really high place. Why not lead courageously like you always do?
Speaker 7: All right, we're ready. What do you call a chicken with letter stuck in its eye?
Speaker 4: What do you call a chicken with letters stuck in its eye?
Speaker 3: Chicken?
Speaker 7: Caesar salad?
Speaker 2: Get it? You get it? Salad? I like it.
Speaker 1: I still play on words. All right, I'll give you a little go here. What about this one? Nice and quick and short and sharp and all those sort of beautiful things. We'll do a small pair of underpants and a small dance floor have in common, small pair of underpands, no ballroom, a little undercarriage. Therefore, I know it's very restrictive.
Speaker 4: Now two jokes have got a real theme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somewhat of a theme once I was not it has been above board usually.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Did you see that news story on the weekend going round? So a naked man broke into a church and the police chased him around and they finally caught him by the organ.
Speaker 4: Ah, you too, Sorry, just been that sort of weekend for us.
Speaker 1: Weather must be nice.
Speaker 10: To spend the weekend together, you know, we most definitely did not very much the weekend sports.
Speaker 6: Rap with.
Speaker 1: I love myself a little bit of time Raune, who doesn't exactly We're all human.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't he?
Speaker 4: Did you have a nice weekend at the pageant?
Speaker 3: I had a great weekend, Yeah, playing the tambourine.
Speaker 14: I think I brought down the average age by about ten years and I'm forty, so yeah, it was it was slow going.
Speaker 4: How'd you go getting in in the morning?
Speaker 3: That was also no good one of.
Speaker 14: The traffic march I said, no, mate, you're not allowed to be here, and I said, I just need a part, and you know, I said no, sorry, I nearly pulled out there.
Speaker 1: Do you know who I am?
Speaker 3: I'm working on the coverage for God's sake, man let me through, But I do you know who I am?
Speaker 1: I'm Carl Stefan.
Speaker 3: And then they say, oh, you're geez, you're a lot smaller than how many times I.
Speaker 1: Get that one?
Speaker 4: Do you get that a lot?
Speaker 1: Which?
Speaker 3: And it's true, I am a lot smaller.
Speaker 4: Than people like to say to me, and like they think it's a compliment. Oh you're much better looking off the tellings.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is.
Speaker 4: A million people.
Speaker 3: What do you get hazy?
Speaker 1: Sorry, who are you? I don't know who you are on the TV? Don't know who you are off the TV.
Speaker 3: But take your shirt off you ruggedly good looking hands.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: A week and it was sport amazing. Well let's start with the footy.
Speaker 14: I mean Aaron Phillips, what a great sendoff Port Adelaide, Crow's champion, three time premiership. So great result there at Alberton and now we look forward to the finals. So the Crows are going for another premiership. They finish on top, they're well placed.
Speaker 3: They just so well run Matti Clark, tip your hat, he's just done. A brilliant job. So go the Crows and world unsupport on the weekend.
Speaker 4: They're just a powerhouse something.
Speaker 3: They're brilliant.
Speaker 14: The Crows, they're so good. You know, we'll be talking about them for a long time. I think about you know how they are the real four bearers of success and it's a dynasty side, so there are every chance to make it a fourth flag.
Speaker 4: Big win in the WBBL yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's a massive Strikers last ball of the game.
Speaker 1: That rageous head away for four.
Speaker 14: The Strikers have done at Simon levels off the audio thanks to seven. That was a great call by Alistair Nicholson. Great win for the Strikers. They're top now a game clear. Well actually they're equal with Brisbane Heap they played one more game. Speaking cricket, just quickly, we're at Coolie last night, tough wickets to.
Speaker 3: Batter on against South Africa. He's so good.
Speaker 14: He forty ninth one day century. He's now level with Satch and Tendulka. Just to put it in perspective, they're eighteen clear of the next best, so thirty one row at Sharma and then thirty Ricky Ponting.
Speaker 3: I mean they just they're in a world of their own. It was so good to watch him.
Speaker 1: Last night, for him to be in the same category as the greatest batsman of all time in terms of indiable.
Speaker 14: Look, Donald Trump, he's a bit crazy, but part of me wants him back. The daily Grab, just the daily grab.
Speaker 3: What's he up to now?
Speaker 1: Hey, Rennie Adelaide. United took on Melbourne victory, the biggest thriver in They walked away over the one all draw it.
Speaker 14: But to come from that, yeah, and look, they probably lucky to get a point. But Haze, I'm a bit fired up. And you don't like little guys getting too angry too early in the morning, but I have been. I got really upset on the weekend because Aaron Kunder got sent off late second yellow for descent. A few losers out of this one, the fans for booing destroy ieron Cunder. He was hacked all game. They thought he was diving incorrect anyway, can sort of forgive that. The officiating horrific. Aaron Kunder before he got sent off for descent, was found at least twice he was hacked to pieces. How the referee and the linesman can get that so wrong is beyond me. Thirdly, Aaron Kunda, he needs to be better, he needs to get more mature.
Speaker 3: And that'll come. So this is a good learn and curve him. But he's a kid, exactly right, Jody, a kid.
Speaker 14: But as you know, you're just in soccer, particularly if you retaliate or any sport, you're always the one that will get court. So that's what's happened. And even if you feel wrongly, you vindicated, which he was. But finally Connor Chapman, the bozo who came up to him and pointed to the dressing room when he got sent off. I've just said he needs to buy all the boot polish in the world because he'll be polishing Iran Kunda's boots for the next ten years.
Speaker 3: That's all he deserves to do.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 3: It was horrific, Like, mate, grow up, pull your heading now.
Speaker 1: I've never seen so much.
Speaker 4: I love it so much, very quickly. The Adelade thirty sixers had a lot over there in Perth.
Speaker 6: However, the plane got delayed on the way back because gastro ripping through the side. Jacob Wiley got on the plane. They said you're too sick to fly and kicked him off. And then everyone including his team mates, had to wait for forty minutes.
Speaker 3: That poor playing bathroom. Must have been getting a fair old workout, must i am.
Speaker 4: And it's a small space, isn't.
Speaker 3: It for big boys as well?
Speaker 14: I mean, no wonder they look at least they might have lost a little bit of weight on the way home. At those poor guys actually did well to get with him.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: Eight points?
Speaker 1: All signs of some sort of gas strow in the last quarter too. On the court, yeah they were in Yeah, you really got the runs late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but look they're doing better.
Speaker 14: They look so much better with Vasilovich in the side now, so I'm reasonably confident they can still make a bit of a run the sixes, but three and six they've got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of work to do.
Speaker 4: He can, he can shoot threes from anywhere.
Speaker 3: He's good, isn't he. He's genuine, he's a real playmaker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they play in Adelaide and he's shooting them from Sydney at some believement.
Speaker 1: We got you wrap us up well, beautiful, perfectly.
Speaker 14: I've got a bit upset a bit earlier, Sorry about that, but look we'll try and finish on a positive what's the best kind of music to listen to when you're fishing?
Speaker 3: Something catchy?
Speaker 1: Because catching bit, I get it. Dear, you can leave now, we appreciate it. Thanks, all right, speak Jody.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what about this horrifying footage that has emerged out of Melbourne, in particular in Coburg. So a Melbourne childcare center is investigating after the chilling footage showed the moment a young child we're talking would be no more than three or four, escaped from an excursion and was just left roaming the streets for about five or six minutes.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable stuff.
Speaker 1: Big twist in this story as well is wasn't a child, It was Tom Wren.
Speaker 6: But I mean it is really scary stuff because you just see the toddler and it's all called on film, just wandering down the street, heading towards the road as a truck goes woom. Every single parent who is this would be like, oh my god, the horror, absolute horror. But thankfully all okay, return to the childcare center. Can you imagine that conversation with the parents, Oh, little little buzz went missing.
Speaker 4: Whoops, whoops? Sorry was anyone watching him?
Speaker 6: Because she is the very nature of childcare is to watch the children, but yet left roaming the streets to.
Speaker 1: Go into bath though, for the people in charge of childcare looking after a lot of kids, a lot of toddlers, and so we're just going to put out their toddlers most terists.
Speaker 6: Yes, what about when you see them outain about, like when they go on their excursions and they've all got the little like fluoro vessel, so you can't lose them like water.
Speaker 1: Are you up to? Are we at that stage where we have to put a leash on you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that the next step?
Speaker 4: Did this happen to you? Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 9: I was at the gym with one of my girlfriends and as we were leaving, there's like a childcare center just to the left.
Speaker 1: Of the door.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that was a little humble brag. I was at the gym.
Speaker 1: In a day ending and why.
Speaker 9: There's a littlechildcase center where you drop your kids off on a Saturday and then you know they look after you.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 9: Tiller and I were leaving and it's an automatic door, the censor door, and as we were leaving, we noticed this small child walking out of the child get center and in front of us out of the automatic door, and we thought, oh, mom's ahead, kids catching up.
Speaker 4: He looked in the car.
Speaker 9: It's goes straight to the car park and there was no one there, and Tiller and I both, you know, I think we were like twenty We're like, oh god, what do we do? We awkwardly went up behind him and picked him up and returned him back to a chug.
Speaker 1: It's one of those guys like in balley, just one of those little guys. Hey, you went bad it with Tom Wren.
Speaker 9: But we grabbed him and we brought him back and said this little guy was just in the car park and they went, oh god, okay, thanks took him so good.
Speaker 1: Thanks, and the parents like, it's fine, you just went outside to have a dart smok.
Speaker 6: Let's do this thirteen twenty four to ten. Your great escapes doesn't have to be kids. Be your pets when they escape. Yeah, escaping from a bad day.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Did you have to plan an escape route because the date was so awful?
Speaker 4: There's no rules here.
Speaker 1: Great escapes, Great escapes, And we've also.
Speaker 6: Got a fun Lab package for you, so play the daywaight at fun Labs, New entertainment precinct opening in Rundle Place on November.
Speaker 4: This is like an adults playground.
Speaker 1: By see it's fun for all ages. You can take the whole family.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you can pre book now at Adelaide's first Hyjiink's Hotel, Strike Bowling and Archie Brothers are Electric.
Speaker 1: All right, your great escapes, your great escapes.
Speaker 6: Yes, we're doing this on the back of a Melbourne childcare center misplate misplacing one of the toddlers. So they basically went on an outing and all the kids are in the park playing and this kid there's footage roaming the streets all alone as the traffic's whizzing pass. It's horrifying, but goodness me, that was a good little escape from that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Toddlers have got way too much confidence, don't they.
Speaker 4: Yes, So we are taking your calls this morning thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 6: You're great Escapes and the best caller will receive a fun Lab package that's play the Day.
Speaker 5: Wait.
Speaker 6: Fum Lab's new entertainment bracing opening and run a place on November thirty.
Speaker 1: When I used to live in Sydney, so this was about two thousand and five, I live with a bloke called Brett Allison who North Melbourne sports MATINQ quite well. We played two hundred games played in ninety six to ninety nine Premierships alongside Wayne Carey. They called him the fruit bat as he used to dart in and out of the contest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I like that.
Speaker 1: So Freddy had a dog who was a beauty, beautiful, big chocolate averdall and I left the gard open, went and then I got up the next morning at six in the morning and Cuba was his name, and he had gone, and I went around the block. I took the car around. I would have done about a five to ten kilometer circuits trying to find Cuba. Couldn't find him anywhere. And just as I was like and even I was like, okay, what I'm going to do is I'm going to lock the gate and then claim that he got stolen. Oh my, that was going to be one of my options. And then finally I was like, no, no, I need to get some balls here and go tell Freddy what's happened to his dog. And just as I was about to go get something from my camp from a car, Cuba busted through Love that Harvard in mud harvet in cobwebs and everything else, and I had to hose him down. Yeah, and he gave me that look as well, Like I've seen some stuff. I've just had one of the all time nights escaped via the front door and then bang, eight hours later, came back with the story to tell.
Speaker 6: Isn't an incredible how Cuba found his way home though? Yeah, like a dog's sense of direction.
Speaker 1: Amazing, That is incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's got a Kim from Hackham West your great escape, Kim.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hi, good morning, how are you good?
Speaker 4: Thank you? What happened?
Speaker 13: When I was three years old? My dog escaped as well, and I followed it because I thought, I, you know, I could bring it home. Yeah, And I ended up at a service station on a main row and my dog ended up turning around and coming back home. But when I got home there was police and my mum and dad were at the front looking for me. Yeah, and then they saw me come around the corner and with my dog, and the police checked me over and just make sure that lull was okay and and everything. Yeah, so I followed my dog.
Speaker 4: The dog effectively took your home.
Speaker 1: Yes, twisting the story as well. Dog arrested for kidnapping.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable scenes thinking Kim Stephanie from murray Bridge, What was your great escape?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I used to work in are sent there and there was this kid who had pulled up a bike alongside the fan boundary and you said this time over the fence and I looked up and he was on the other side and I had to jump this waissime fence to get into the yard that goes to the main gate and then get out of the main gate and go stop the kid a breae to take off.
Speaker 7: Whoa, I love it.
Speaker 4: How old was the kids stuff to engineer the escape?
Speaker 16: I think he was three at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when they start plotting things.
Speaker 6: That sounds like can you remember El Chapo when he like dug a tunnel out of his prison cell all the way.
Speaker 4: Under the fence.
Speaker 1: Real three year option?
Speaker 4: Suzanne from Everfall Park. What was your great escape? Suzanne?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 15: Yeah, So my daughter was in year seven, she was probably about twelve at the time, and they went on their stall excursion to Canberra and they were sleeping in like little hotel rooms of like four girls in each room, and she actually slept walks out of the hotel and woke up on the street. And then the worst part was when she woke up, she realized that to get back in the hotel.
Speaker 5: You had to have a key card. Yep, you couldn't get back in.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so she remembered which room that her teacher was sleeping in and banged on the window, basically kill the picture sleepwalking.
Speaker 1: Eh yeah, hey, Susanne. That was that time after the Christmas party of the Joe. He woke up on the street and she was like, ohwalk.
Speaker 4: Oh, dear mate, thank you Susan.
Speaker 6: Wow, I cannot go past Stephanie here for the best call of fun Lab package because that three year old just like planting a bike on the side.
Speaker 4: Of the fence.
Speaker 1: Tell you three year olds in particular ters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nuts as, aren't they, Stephanie. Yeah, we're going to send you off to fun Lab.
Speaker 16: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh you're welcome, very good stuff.
Speaker 2: You tell me you built your time machine.
Speaker 1: On this Tay Monday, manic frantic Monday. What a weekend it was, though, Oh boy, shouldn't have done that. Though you regret that, don't you? Well, what's that? What's that? It's the police you're in trouble. All good will cleanse your soul. A little trip down memory lane. Sixth of the November. Let's go back to nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 5: M A.
Speaker 1: Stone, the Lovely Emily Stone was born in Scottsdale, Arizona. She's thirty five, she's still so young, and she's so adorable.
Speaker 4: My gosh, don't you love a celeb that's real?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean, who knows? All we can go by is what she does on screen, which is just alive fult, that's so cute. Yeah, and then sometimes things are all they seem. Talking to you, Ellen DeGeneres, we're all fooled for so long. Two thousand and five, Brett Lee Asi cricker made a career best five for thirty had the Gabba.
Speaker 15: He was.
Speaker 1: Brettley was in a band as well. Yeah, he was bred his brother Shane. Were they both in there?
Speaker 7: I think maybe they were both.
Speaker 6: And remember he went over and did like a Bollywood song like and he recorded a whole film clip and everything you.
Speaker 3: Know that you're doing, do you want right of.
Speaker 1: See? Literally when we say big in India, yeah, massive with India.
Speaker 4: Huge in India. And also his nickname was Bing, which I never got.
Speaker 6: Because Binglee is like a Sydney thing.
Speaker 11: I like being.
Speaker 1: I remember bing Lee. It makes so much sense.
Speaker 3: Apparently you do.
Speaker 1: Twenty eleven, A rot to tooth, once belonging to John Lennon was sold at auction by his former housekeeper for thirty one thousand and two one hundred the week big came from a Canadian dentist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is so morbid and gross.
Speaker 1: If you're a dentist, feel free to get involved and say, look, that's that's not us. We don't collect teeth, and then like do like teeth angels at home and like a giant pile of teeth and just go in there and smell and.
Speaker 6: Be like, oh, imagine if there was someone out there who was like trying to sell your invisi line retainers.
Speaker 1: I reckon that you're going for not a he give you the big tip.
Speaker 6: I've been splashed with saliva by those things too many times to recall.
Speaker 1: One of the all time I'm great to sale. The catch betrays they are leaders and leads of the stuff.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 1: One song and I remember six two thousand and three was Hole in the Head by the Sugar Babes.
Speaker 3: Do I know this song?
Speaker 1: I think you do. It's one of those ones. You probably don't know the title of it. But she picking up right now.
Speaker 3: You're welcome seven hour since you went away.
Speaker 1: And that's just about it for us.
Speaker 6: I reckon, Yeah, I think we're just about done. I just want to go and get cracking you on this twenty eight degree day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get stuck in or soak up some of those rays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're going to get so you're going to go for a run.
Speaker 1: Look, it is what it is. I probably will try go for a bit of a trot. We'll see what happens with clothing, all those types of things. It's option. It's a real watch this space.
Speaker 6: My husband saw you jogging around the Torrens on the weekend. You'd hear and he said you had the biggest headphones on in the world and a greener on your face, and it must have been so loud in your ears because he was beeping the horn for about twenty meters away and you still didn't even.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was ignoring him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: No idea