Speaker 1: And the Saints will probably wrap it up for scoring today, that's ten goals eleven I reckon is seventy one. Get the school boards up. They didn't have seventy two, so that margin is sixty three points eight seconds ago. Rowie bringing home for you, bring it home.
Speaker 2: I'll come on with now whenever.
Speaker 1: This season for the Crows, they've started off just the way Crow's fans would like.
Speaker 2: Steal's going to bang it back into the forward line and the sin will.
Speaker 1: God, I'm very mature rening what was in the end of a walk in.
Speaker 3: The park, But ye hadn't the Crows they get it done bout sixty three points.
Speaker 1: While in signing game in the end for Adelaide, they had a lot of fun. They had plenty of goalscorers twelve I think it was in the end Fogg and they kicked four goals still thought kicked three coming. Dawson, Raschelle and Rank and all had two and a few singles around the place as well. Saint Kilda just went able to keep up and on a Sunday afternoon, forty two, nine hundred and eighty five people turn up to the Otelaide Oval.
Speaker 2: To support the Crows.
Speaker 1: In what is an exciting year ahead, I reckon, I've just got so many new players and players who look a little bit older, more experience now for the for the run of the last few years, and maybe this is a year that they can aspider finals.
Speaker 4: Well I just wrote them in note dates Tuggs and Row. It was a balance performance now and a balanced team, you know, like you go across all the lines. There's no you know, and today, yeah we'll take it for what it is.
Speaker 5: Sant cur are a little underdone, but you're still going to play and perform, right, So there was a real weighted numbers performance. You go from mac Crouch if you go on purely disposed was all the way to Dan Kurtin. They all had an influence in the game. They all played significant roles in the game.
Speaker 4: The three inclusions or four.
Speaker 5: Inclusions including Sid Drepa obviously is on his debut, all did their bit. Petling I thought he was a bit slow get gone, but after halftime he was a bit better. Cummings obviously played wing and kicked a couple of goals, influenced the game.
Speaker 4: And Neil Bullen just does what he does. He works up and down the ground, he's a great leader for that group.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it was an all round performance. You know, one can test the possession, which was great. I think they were better on the outside, you know, they ran and covered the ground a fair bit better and.
Speaker 4: That opened the game up.
Speaker 5: But for me, the most important one was of the turnover game twelve six. They kicked Adelaide to three goal seven. So not only will they able to capitalize and hit the scoreboard in that part of the game, but they're able to defend it when Saint Kilda tried it or had their turn as well, and that's the most important thing. So sixty sixty five percent of your score comes out of that source. So if you can get that right, you're going to win more game they're not. And the stoppage game was pretty even, So yeah, it's going to be tough they all in terms of votes and those sort of things, because you know, arguably there's probably seven or eight that all deserve a vote today.
Speaker 6: Well, I think I said a couple of times with Timmy and you might have even been in their camp. It seems like it's been a faultless preseason. Faultless means they haven't had any unlucky injuries. They're fit. They had their full list to speak form or to select from. So tick to the PPT team and tick to the work they've done in I heard Taylor Walker saying, and look you hear it all the time. We're bigger, faster, stronger. Tick that box. We've heard Maddie Nick's speaking in the media and he also saying, we're after being a bit more mature. We think naturally our age is matured, but we're going to mature as footballers. We've been working on different modes of how we play. Now again it's one game. Let's not get carried away a bit like put Adelais got wallop. Now they're not going to get carried away. It's never as good as it seems or as bad as it seems. And they've focused one hundred percent for round one. Will tick tick tick, that's faultless. They can build from that. Now what have they got? They got Essendon away, North Sons and Geelong. They'll refocus to the next week's game, one week at a time in this group needs to build like that Sid Draper coming and he's going to be fantastic. What do they do with him next week? Dan Kurtin. They need to find a home. But it's been a faultless game today and bloody will prepared and will coached. There you go, and I very rarely say that for Maddie Nicks, but well prepared and well coached.
Speaker 5: Well, you just you know, obviously they get Murray Davis in what influences he having on you know, that coaching group and the playing group as well.
Speaker 4: I hear you know from you know, some of the ex players.
Speaker 5: He's been a great addition in the coach's box and the way he goes about is a bit unassuming, you know, not not necessarily you know, super well known in the but he's been around a long time.
Speaker 6: And obviously warm. I hear he's warm and people listen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and part of a premiership coaching group, so if you talk about you know, being there and doing it, he's got some runs on the board.
Speaker 4: So to play. Of course they're going to listen. They have to listen to what he's done.
Speaker 5: But yeah, not really good solid performance round one. They'll take a lot out of that Adelaide, no question, but there's got to be balanced. As you said, Rowie, let's not get too far ahead. But they tick the first box they do.
Speaker 1: This is our after the game thanks to Right Price roofing. You've got a leaky roof, total roof restoration, do it Wright with right Price roofing. The Crows are doing a nice lap around the ground with their fans and taking it all in a first round win. It was very comprehensive in the end, Adelaide a fantastic victory. But you're right in terms of just the how, that's that's the most The how.
Speaker 6: Was good and I remember sitting here after round one last week and what happened then? What you have over one hundred days to prepare and you put that out now put Adelaide fans be saying that what you've had one hundred days prepare, you put that out? What they did ninety one point this was better than last year. And as we said, you can only prepare and do what you want and do what you can against not position. And let's be quite frank, if we did call it, they were awful Saint Curna, and we knew they'd be awful. All of my mates that have bet on football have loaded up. I don't because they don't bet on footy eight double two to three double o double lines available? Have you say, who is your three to two one? Was it all played well? What did you like the most? Just looking down the front here I saw Neil barm and he's three piece suit sitting amongst the hierarchy as the new board member. You know what influences are all those decisions being made to this club and from the board down we're hearing it say football first organization. Well, hello, I think business is, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: And again it's one game.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 6: It's one game.
Speaker 4: Selling tires at your win screenshop. No, I'm not no, no, normally, how you do good?
Speaker 6: It sounds like a good idea diversifications all right?
Speaker 1: Your calls eight double two three double o double o. Jordan's at Corrimandal Valley can kick us off?
Speaker 5: How are you Jordan's okay?
Speaker 7: Boys, I'm fantastic, win really really really really impressed. I just think there's a lot we're going to do really well this year. My three two one one one Alex Neilbullen two, Vichelley three dors and I just thought those three were just really really helpful. It is really really good.
Speaker 2: Thanks go, thank you Jordan.
Speaker 1: Love your work all right, so give us a call a double two to three, double O, double O. Help Campo with his votes just as much as anything else. That's I don't need help jobs. I need some more votes to give out. Yeah, true, seven or eight.
Speaker 4: It's tough for anyway. It's a good problem to having.
Speaker 2: It it is.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what you want to have your thoughts, Crows fans, passionate views. On the back of what was a very successful first game. We'll take you to the MCD in about half an hour Melbourne and gw wes is what's to come West Coast and Gold Coast later in Perth for what is sort of Sunday evening football. It's a five forty start, so that's sort of a new changing fixture for the AFL with Sunday nights now coming into play.
Speaker 2: A great conditions in the end, two and a very good crowd.
Speaker 6: You'd love to see.
Speaker 1: Lots of fans out for the first game of the year. Forty two, nine hundred. It's a pretty good turnout as well. Your calls keep him eight double two to three, double O, double oh is the number? What about the let's go through the unique homestyle foods player spotlight There were moments there in the game where lots of different players had their sort of their moment as well, But who was the one player reckon, not to say the best player on the ground, but you maybe you were surprised by by just how much they were able to add to today's game.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to pre end one of it because he's going to get a vote.
Speaker 4: I thought Joshua Shelley was great today.
Speaker 2: So Jordan's call was on the march.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I think early on in the game he was unselfish, He did the right things, and he had four or five score involvements that set the game up. As I said, you can chime in when your team's up by sixty points and then you can get on the end of a few and the oppositions he got to give up for one of a better word, you know, and the game becomes a bit easier. So I always, as a coach, and even when I do this role, I look at early in the game, when the game's in the balance, who's actually really trying to get the game on their terms and who's having an influence.
Speaker 4: On the game early on.
Speaker 5: And I thought his game early was outstanding in terms of what he was able to do.
Speaker 4: I mean his numbers. I mean, you can't go past.
Speaker 5: He's had twenty one disposals, he's had seven contested possessions. He's had twelve score involvements, which is like five more than anyone else on the ground. So he's really and he's kicked two goals to himself, so he can't argue with those numbers. He's got a lot of knockers out there, but I thought he was great today.
Speaker 4: So that was one for me that you're seeing there going.
Speaker 5: I hope you learned his lesson last year, and it looked like the pennies dropped. He's come in, he's worked hard, He's now just a game. And what I get worried about with.
Speaker 4: Those sort of players is now it's happened. Does he just stay at that level? Does he continue to work? Does he? You know?
Speaker 5: Because the game, and I'd say this to my boys, don't stick your head up, because the game will just kick it straight off. Because if you can get ahead of yourself and you start just flirting with your form and maybe not doing your recovery as well as what you did, you know previously, because you on edge, which I don't think he will do, and I'm pretty sure the leaders won't allow him to do that because that's that's what they do, the Dawsons and the crowds of the world. But I was really pleased for him that, you know, off the back of last year with what happened, he got people last game of the year, and you know, maybe he was embarrassed, maybe he wasn't, but he came back, he got a lick, came back to work, did what he needed to do, and he put out a really game performance.
Speaker 6: I want to read this statue here that the Crows won the second most intercept possessions in their defensive fifty of any side last year. That's fact. These are facts from last year. Yet they rate sixteenth for converting these into forward fifty entries. Now, that would have been a work on. There's a lot of things that would have been a work on that was outstanding for him. As we listened to the song let's ever listen.
Speaker 8: Well done and there'll be a gatorade shower for sid dray hanse copy.
Speaker 6: So the work on was one of them. Was that so over in the back half? How do you play Formula one football and get it into your forward half then scoring because if you can with that late, they can get that one on one. The other thing is they've got to win when they're away. Now we're one game into it, now, this is this is one next week which will question. They have to win away. They have to be able to win the close ones. I think they were two and five for games decided by less than ten points. So that's another one that they've got to work on. Winning sena square and scoring from sena square. Well, Campo, you'll get the score for that very shortly, and then score from turnover. Now, all you can judge is what you've seen. They're well on their way to being that mature team with the talent that they've got. Walking in and Campo you said right, a number of people say, hey, Rowie, you reckon. This is the best talented team we've had since twenty seven am the Grand Final, and Campo you said, yes, it is. That's why I've said at the start of the year here there are no excuses here. It is now or never here. They've got to put it on the board and they can only do what they did today, and they did it brilliantly, loved.
Speaker 5: It and just to back up a couple of year what you're talking about in terms of D fifty, so they are able to kick three goals from kickings, so that's still a defensive exit right and that's a set play. So to get through and kick three that's more on Saint Kildo than his Adelaide, Like Adelaide took him to the sword. So three goals normally only average won a game. If that, you know, throughout the course of the year, then they've had they've kicked two out of their D fifty and then two out of their defensive mids, so they've been able to kick seven goals out of their back half of their ground. Now is that good ball movement?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: I think it was, but sometimes it's about the opposition and the lack of you know, defensive cover as well. But for me, it was a forward half game. That's that's what Matthew Nick will be really impressed about. You know, they had what's that fifty fifty one opportunities and what thirty nine of them went back inside forward fifty off that and they kicked what's ten goals seven out of that front half. So the game was definitely played in Adelaide's front half, and that's the.
Speaker 4: Most pleasing thing because that allows you defenders.
Speaker 5: Even though poor old Murras was a gas by the end of it, but cement in the boots. But you know, you get to protect your back six when you play that, and then you go to the center bounce.
Speaker 4: So in terms of center bounce.
Speaker 5: It was we inside of change, so it was twenty twenty two to eleven, So they win by nine in that part of the ground. So you don't always have to score out of that, but then that ties into your front half opportunities to score and you get to set the ground up, so a lot of those were all ticked this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Mitchin is going to join us in the Crow's winning rooms in a few minutes time here on five to bla footy, So stay tuned for that. But if you want to if you're driving home, you're at home and you've just watched what was a brilliant win for the Crows, we'd love your thoughts on the game. Eight double two three double o double Oh thanks the right Price Roofing, Leaky roof, Total roof restoration, do it right with right Price roofing. Mitch Hinge just in terms of his game today, we'll speak him a few minutes. What did he have on the RAA Insurance stat sheet today?
Speaker 5: We had the nine in disposals two hundred and five meters games, but and five score involvements. So yeah, he was probably one of those guys that you know, helped that ball move, and we saw it out of the back half when he kicked in a couple and he's got a penetrating left.
Speaker 4: Foot, hasn't he.
Speaker 5: You know that the ball moves a bit quicker and a bit longer and it catches the opposition.
Speaker 6: Now, rip my tape off something.
Speaker 2: I think there was a few questions on the back of the box for.
Speaker 6: A bloke that came into the game under an injury cloud bitness test. He's bloody and bort.
Speaker 9: Let's go to rope Hi, Jim, Yeah, Jimmy, first, I'd like, yet these goods didn't that how they thought the way played?
Speaker 10: And also in the sector that eye just felt at the ball but rooms a bit too easily at sometime, and I felt for myself that if Nan Curvis had been in and around that back line, that wouldn't happen.
Speaker 6: Well, Jim, we did say Nan Curvis was stiff he wasn't even one of the three emergencies, which shocked me even more. I watched bits of the South Adelaide Crows samful footy and it was clearly one of the best he can play. Look at his last four or five games. Fred laid he belongs at the level. The good thing about that is is he's going to keep Millery and and Hinge honest, Bond's going to keep lead. Honest. You've got depth now where if you have a little slip up for two or three weeks, you'd be sitting in the four B two s.
Speaker 1: And that's what that's the good makes you stronger at the top. Let's head down to the Crow's winning rooms. Mitch Hinge joins us. Now, Mitch, thanks for joining us on five double a footy mate. That must have been a whole lot of fun boys.
Speaker 4: It was a great win.
Speaker 2: It was a really, really good win.
Speaker 11: We've been jue for one of those, so we'll put that one under our arm and we'll go again next week.
Speaker 6: Hinji. It was just great for round one to see you improve on the areas as a team you've been working on in that one hundred days. The D fifty Fast Football just score from I thought was outstanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 11: I think our working side was really really good today where our contest was good and it was good all across the ground, which is very very pleasing.
Speaker 4: And you know, we had four.
Speaker 11: Or so boys that played their first games to the club and I think each one paid had a really big contribution today, So it was really good. And I think it was just one really good team effort. So you know, as I said, it's good fun. It was good fun out there and we'll go again.
Speaker 4: Well there, I'm Mitch Campo here. It looked really outstanding performance. I was really impressed.
Speaker 5: I mean you talk about it was a way to numbers perform, and you go from Matt Crouch if we went disposals wise, all.
Speaker 4: The way down to Dan Curtin all the way through. Everyone played their bit and.
Speaker 5: It just looks like a really even and you all look like you're on the same page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 11: I mean, as you just touched on, we had a few things to work on over the summer, and coming into these games, you never really know how you're going to go. So that was that was what was really pleasing today. And I mean, I know we can't get ahead of ourselves and we've got a long season ahead, but it was a really nice one to, you know, to put a show out for the fans and have a good day.
Speaker 1: When it comes down to the talk of the club, in the last few weeks, it's been about how the club and the team have matured a lot more. What do you put that down to, Mitch in terms of how you have matured.
Speaker 11: I think we've just got to keep learning, learning along the way. Obviously we've got a few more mature bodies in over the summer. We've got a few in the coaching group, and we've got a few in the players as well. And also I think we've just learned from, you know, the areas where we've had to had to learn from in previous years. Like it hasn't just been a one summer build up. It's we've obviously they've been building for three or four years and last year didn't necessarily go as well as what we would have liked. So the boys are on edge today and you know, we're just really really excited to put our best best footy and best foot forwards for the year to come.
Speaker 6: Did you hear the raw when Sid drape it did a warm up and then did you hear the row when he ran out there and did you hear the rule when he got his first possession?
Speaker 11: I definitely and geeheez, I love what I saw as well. He was he was incredible, how his foot worth work around the stoppages, he's worked rate around the ground and jeez, he had some good contests as well, which we'd love to see from the younger boys. So no, he's gonna he's going to be very exciting for the future and hopefully it plays a big part in what Yeah twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Comes well from the new to the old. We just love what Matt Crouch did. His numbers as far as contestant, all the win, he does, the work he does in close and it was up against an absolute gun in McCrae. He's super important to this group, isn't.
Speaker 4: He he is.
Speaker 11: I think he goes under underappreciated at times, definitely external. I think inside we know how important he is, how strong he is.
Speaker 4: In the contest.
Speaker 11: He's you know, he's a premium mid and we're very.
Speaker 2: Very lucky to have him on our side.
Speaker 11: So as I said, I think he's what he's able to do is also you know, bring up with you know, Soligo's and Dawson and help these boys out as well. And that's what is going to take if we want to, you know, if we want to do anything this year.
Speaker 5: Mitch, I was really impressed and you spoke about the maturity, and I guess learning from things that.
Speaker 4: The start of that second quarter.
Speaker 5: We knew that, you know, Saint Kilda probably didn't have their best first quarter and Ross was always going to give him a bit of a lick at quarter time. But I thought your maturity in that first five or six minutes when they got the ball inside there forward.
Speaker 4: Half, you guys were really patient.
Speaker 5: He didn't give away any free kicks, and then you work the ball down up the wing this side and ended up being where Joshua Kelly josh h Shelley kicked that.
Speaker 4: Really nice goal snap over the shoulder, And I.
Speaker 5: Thought that was a real step in the right direction, because I reckon previously there might have been a sloppy free kick or forward fifty easy goal against.
Speaker 4: But I thought that was a pivotal moment in the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 2: It's obviously been a focus point.
Speaker 4: And something we've talked about.
Speaker 11: And if you want to be a good side, you've got to you know, when there I guess when it's going against you a little bit, you've just got to weather the storm for as long as possible and try not to get too many goals scored on you.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they did.
Speaker 11: They came out in that second quarter and they were really strong and it was really pleasing for the group. You know that we stood up and we probably still didn't play our best foot and I think there's still areas we can improve in that in that spot, but you're right, we just showed a little bit of maturity there. We were held up strong and then we'll finally able to break the game open, which was a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: Well done, Nichie. Just before we do let you go, were you under an injury cloud before you come on in?
Speaker 4: Were you not at all?
Speaker 2: Boys fresh as the days? And it was? It was good, It was beautiful.
Speaker 6: Well done mate, We love you out there. Great work. Enjoy the win. Round one done, it's the next week and settle up again, Michie. Thanks for your time, beautiful.
Speaker 11: Thanks man, have a good one.
Speaker 1: Mitching down there in the rooms. He was he really is and just such a great part of this team. We're just about everyone's available. They do have a really good starting twenty two of the Crows and look when they're healthy, let's see how long they can stay healthy.
Speaker 6: Four that's the key, that's their best twenty five can get it done totally.
Speaker 2: And a lot of AFL's top twenty five correct.
Speaker 4: Well, that's every team.
Speaker 5: I mean you go to look around the I mean St Kilda their direct opposition, they.
Speaker 4: Have their best twenty five available.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure it's a seventy point victory, but that's the art of an AFL list, isn't it To try and stay healthy and be healthy at the right time of the year as well, not only the start to get your season off to a flying start, because you don't want to be playing catch up like Adelaide did last year, but you want to be winning games that you should be winning, but also heading into the final series with a real healthy list.
Speaker 1: All right, if you're walking out of the Adelaide Oval, you've just come to see the Crows win. You've been watching at home eight double two to three double o double. Oh we'd love your views, your Crows fans takes on this one.
Speaker 2: Mitch has been here today, Mitch, how you.
Speaker 6: That was Mitch in the rooms?
Speaker 2: No, No, we got a different Mitch on the phone line. I'm assuming he's not with us.
Speaker 6: Let's go to Lindy.
Speaker 7: Hello, Lindy, Hi, Rowie, how are you?
Speaker 6: Yes, how are you looking anywhere? We've just run by ten goals and absolutely cockerhot.
Speaker 12: Yes, ah, I.
Speaker 11: That's really good.
Speaker 13: They paid it as a team. They kicked a lot straight and they were looking for their players. They knew where they wanted to go and I'm so happy. That's how you do a port fans.
Speaker 1: That's what's going to be all we port belted yesterday and the Crows getting a very nice, healthy today, So I think that's going to be a tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Well Collingwood at the MCG on the back of the poor performance, be tough, No they haven't, then know they haven't, and then sat curlity here who cannot win it? At who have been smashed by Adelaid by forty seven points in the last twelve games is the average losing margin. I mean, that's why everybody filled their boots up again, will responsibly except me, because they're awful. The team they put out there their four best forwards were out of the game. What are so, I said, how are they going to score?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Look then he scored ten goals.
Speaker 1: Not so early in the season. But is this ross Lyon team really going to do anything this year? I mean, I feel like even the last couple of years they're just treading water a little bit. They missed the finals after two years ago.
Speaker 6: Who cares them?
Speaker 2: Just the general question.
Speaker 6: Answer because he's your special gold Because for me it's who cares?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's a little bit of that.
Speaker 5: But if you're asking, if you're a Saint Kilda supporter, look, they're battling, aren't they because they're just having you know, they just don't score offensively, and that's the way Ross coaches and that's his philosophy.
Speaker 4: He's in charge of the team.
Speaker 5: But I think they've they try to get some method in terms of their forward craft and whatever. But tird, when you don't have King, you know, if you don't have Riley Philthorpe and you don't have King at the other end, like there's no focal point. Like you're putting a ruckman today ahead of the ball and you're asking him to have an influence on the game and then.
Speaker 6: As you key forward.
Speaker 5: So that's very difficult from a coach perspective, and you're just trying to you know, I guess stick fingers in holes until you get your best players back.
Speaker 4: But each year is different.
Speaker 5: You just don't know, you know, I think you know, they drafted a couple of good kids in Taru, and you know, those sort of kids that might come in, you know, a bit earlier, just to try and give them some energy and see.
Speaker 4: What they can do.
Speaker 5: But you know, it's always a tough one to judge other teams at this point of the year because it's just so early, give them a.
Speaker 6: Month or so, there's not a big enough sample size. But again, at the how what I saw one hundred and twenty minutes of footy, what they're trying to work on. The numbers will do you that you only play the opposition you can play on. Let's wait and see how this first month goes. But remember, Crows fans, we were Noughton four and were awful as we went too defensive. We couldn't score. They have whether they've reconnected or they've rebooted, or whoever it is, it's telling them now, you know, let's get back to what we did two years ago. They were the number one scoring team in the comp.
Speaker 4: Well, they will be here after the weekend today.
Speaker 6: Will we sit second on the ladder as we speak?
Speaker 2: That's exciting, isn't it?
Speaker 6: So the give ladder.
Speaker 1: The Giants are currently in action against the D's. They are right at the top of the ladder two At the moment they are leading nineteen to eight in the first term, about six minutes left of that one.
Speaker 6: They I mean, look, if you were to make a massive statement, just a massive statement, not all teams have played, you'd say g WS and Hawthorne could be a reality in a prelim final. I'm never going to say a grand fall because that's ridiculous, but you.
Speaker 4: Know it's not.
Speaker 6: They're going to be up there when the whips are cracking.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Let's hope the Crows are. Yeah, let's hope so too. It's been a really really fun day in a Sunbathe Adelaide Oval. Now the fans have had a good little kick and catch and they've just been told to get back to their seats and head home because that's a it's a really good day we've got have we still got Mitch.
Speaker 2: There have we been told we've got some more calls to take Mitch? Are we going to go back to Mitch's boys?
Speaker 13: How are we doing there?
Speaker 6: Is? How there wasn't sorry Mitch?
Speaker 13: Sorry you all right, guys. Honestly, it is the excitement there because I'm pretty shuff. I'm pretty damn shuff. I've got to say it's been a great off season for us as a club, what we've managed to bring in, and there was some boys out there that had me feeling pretty damn excited today, I must say.
Speaker 6: Yep, mate, every every reason to be. The only thing that they got wrong was not letting cricket play the grand Finally.
Speaker 13: That's absolutely right now, Neil, how good was Neil Bullen helping link up from our half back into our forward line, something that's seemed to be missing a little bit. I had a bit of feeling about Tommy Lynch, about him back in his heyday, like he was just providing that link up for us. That was phenomenal. Miller getting through the full game, he showed good signs, looking fit, looking healthy. Was great to see him back out there. I'm just really just honestly, I can't say anything except I'm excited, and I'm not putting too much on it for the year because you can't get ahead of yourself. But we've got to be feeling like this is the best position we've been in in a number of years. And if we can't get a bit of hope and excitement about what's coming, I don't know what we'll get. You off your seat.
Speaker 6: Well done that nice and positive, Mitch. Don't you go putting the horse before the card, or getting excited with yourself or thinking too far ahead. Mitch, You've got to allow me to do that. Okay, there is heats of excitement.
Speaker 4: That's what grows.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's really creak it up, mate.
Speaker 4: Ground blow again.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, I'm a producer. We've had not a lot to crow about. We've won a round one game by ten goals, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: This is a problem round one.
Speaker 5: Well, he said to me when I came here, don't let him drag me down.
Speaker 4: So I'm not getting involved in. I'll be the realist and he can get it's.
Speaker 1: Under your head and it doesn't who We got this to the next week away listening away and then they play.
Speaker 6: The lid that's right. We don't have a record against him under the lid.
Speaker 1: Then it's expected here at Adelaide against the Ruse to probably be a w And then you've got the Gold Coast away before gathering around.
Speaker 6: The Cats and then Geelong. Then the five weeks to we got Gelong gather around. Yeah, Thursday. That'll be a crack, won't it? That will be a cracker.
Speaker 1: Should we work through some of our postgame get the awards and sorry and before we go to before we get to our wards, an It.
Speaker 12: Blair, Hello, boys, what a game perfectly with the sacks up on the roofs on the ground.
Speaker 13: Atmosphere was absolutely electric at the ground and those boys played their guts out and you play, got.
Speaker 7: A feeling any day you want broke because iday.
Speaker 14: On give it a squirt my hand. So there's a lot of time you play that song on a good win. Alright, let's get the George, George Georgia as well, George.
Speaker 12: Get ahead, going guys, and fantastic, fantastic game, great waves one a year apart from that, apart from I'm coming down, my body is just starting to relax after all that great game. I just wanted to say Rowie. If you said to the last cup two callers ago, don't put the horse before the cart, you got to mate.
Speaker 6: I had to look and help yourself.
Speaker 12: But the expression is don't put the cart before the horse. But you flippers, I'm good on you, mate, are.
Speaker 6: You I What did I say? Put the horse before the car.
Speaker 2: That's exactly where it belongs, exactly where it belongs. Thank you, George, George, it's time rewards world on George. Thank you for recalling this.
Speaker 1: Get to our injury report which is a pretty good, clean bill of health for c OK Legal personal injury claim. For expert compensation advice, go to their website ce ok legal dot com dot are you no one on the injury list?
Speaker 6: Which was good?
Speaker 4: No? No, which was which is always good, isn't it.
Speaker 5: You know, for the start of the year, you don't want any unforeseen injuries, and there was a few that was coming off. Cummings is with his hammies and Murray looked a bit fatigued and those sort of things. But no, that's a that's a bonus, and they are able to get Taylor Walker some less game time just to look after him for the season.
Speaker 6: But see, okay, great company, very good stuff, Legal Beachwood Homes, real custom home builders.
Speaker 2: Our goal the day. We had twenty one of them to choose from.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, tough.
Speaker 5: I rounded it down to two, so I went Josh for Shelley in quarter two.
Speaker 4: That snap clever, good class. But I like Jordan Dawson.
Speaker 5: That that s ad bounced guy was believable from the captain. He just keeps We're not surprising me. He's just consistent, just a super leader for the group and they stand taller when he's playing.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt.
Speaker 1: All right, McGain real Estate if you're selling their buyers ready to go.
Speaker 6: Our mark of the.
Speaker 4: Day, Yeah, I went. I went Jordan Dawson again with the one hand at that one that he just gloved in front of us. Yeah, when he was coming in.
Speaker 5: I mean there was some other you know, one on ones or whatever, but that was just super.
Speaker 4: He just gloved it with one hand and got it in there. So he's had a he's had a good after the excellent work.
Speaker 1: And now for our player of the day, this is the hardest hardest job you could possibly have thanks to unique homestyle foods. How do you possibly filter it down with three two one I've.
Speaker 4: Got three that I want to highlight that I couldn't feed in. You know, Jake's leg. I thought he was outstanding for the most of the game.
Speaker 5: I thought he was good early and then he had a little flat patch, but his second half was great. I was at rank and just continues to surprise or not surprise. But you know, he has twenty eight disposals, two goals, one seven score involvements, so he's unlucky. And I love FOG's game. You know, kick four he looked a real focal point for him up there. From that perspective in kick four straight, that's that's important. But one vote. I went Josh for Shelley. I thought he was great. I really enjoyed his game, a real mature game. And as we spoke about before when we had that initial call of Tuggers and Rowie, it was I love players when they get challenged to be able to rise and actually take the feedback right there and go bang here I go, I'm here. But Josh, if you're listening, stay level headed, mate, stay modest.
Speaker 4: And keep doing what you're doing because it's working with stuff.
Speaker 2: Two votes.
Speaker 4: I went Jordan Dawson. I thought he was outstanding.
Speaker 5: You know, I thought what he was able to do, particularly early in the game to get the game on Adelaide's.
Speaker 4: Term, unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Twenty seven disposals, had seven score involvements, kicked two goals too, through the midfield and was like Jack Steel was all over him at one stage. So to break through that was great. But as I said one of my philosophers who was getting their hands dirty and stuff earlier, and I just can't go pass Matt Crouch. You know the people will argue against that, but you know what he does and what he does to bring players into the game. He's had twelve contested possessions out of his thirty one, seven clearances.
Speaker 4: Four tackles and kicked the goal.
Speaker 5: He's not a noted goalkicker, so he's added to his game as well. So tough day to give votes. I mean there was you know, Neil Bullen could have thrown him in. I thought Warrell was good.
Speaker 4: At half back as well. Rory Lair was good at half back. I did like.
Speaker 5: Phil Thorpe's game probably up until a half time and then he didn't have you know, the second half that he did in the first half was by far the best player on the ground up until him and Jeordan Dawson in terms of influence of the game.
Speaker 4: So yeah, a few apologies there, but unfortunately they are the three two one.
Speaker 6: They were my three two one two perfect. They say grape vine steak lawn.
Speaker 4: Well, actually, can I say one?
Speaker 5: I wanted to give you three for your three games with the text Walkers sub one very standing, well done.
Speaker 2: Really, that's a good prediction we've seen very long time.
Speaker 6: You know, the story about blond squirrels sent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I like is actually you thought about it.
Speaker 6: It was it was.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not being disrespectful, but it was great.
Speaker 2: Like when you said on.
Speaker 5: There actually smart, which is which was great.
Speaker 2: Let's see what wisdom comes out this week. It's going to be a good week for the sports show.
Speaker 4: I'm sure.
Speaker 6: That he will have that big square jewelry his hanging on the crown with his mouth.
Speaker 2: He should have seen it last night.
Speaker 6: He will be beside himself. What do they lose?
Speaker 1: By ninety one, Ken's biggest ever loss for Port Adams.
Speaker 6: It was huge. Do you not miss us from four o'clock tomorrow because I'm gonna bring in some accelerant. He's gonna put some accelerant on the fire. No, don't do that. Be better Steven have clapped the high ground show some class, be the be the better person.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hit to the mcg the crows here and laid Overal have won over the Saints by sixty three points. We'll see you tomorrow on the Sports Show from four. Have a great afternoon.