Speaker 1: Apodja Production. Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mom? Podcast? That's the question we ask, am I a bad mum? And then you say no.
Speaker 2: And we allay cheers, cheers for what? Cheers for another day, another day of sanity and all being on the same bus. Patience, patience, what else? Moments of reflection.
Speaker 1: Someone sent me this on Instagram. It says, whoever invented slime and then made a YouTube video how to show kids how to make slime? I hope you step on lego?
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny? Slime and lego both things that I don't overly love.
Speaker 1: Don't even get me started on slime. We've talked about this before. It ruins carpets, It ruins furniture, It gets in hair, It does my head, and I hate it.
Speaker 2: Am I a bad mum for sending my child to singing lessons? After the dentist? After the dentist?
Speaker 1: What does she have to have done at the dentist?
Speaker 2: I feel like a bad mum even opening this conversation up, because I've had this conversation with our dentists, going why what are we doing wrong? She's getting a feeling at the back on one of her big teeth like a moler at the back. Yeah, And I sort of went straight in and just was like.
Speaker 1: What are we doing wrong?
Speaker 2: Why's her teeth needing fillings? She's seven?
Speaker 1: You can need a feeling from overbrushing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that. That's my problem with my children. I feel like all I do is shove that toothbrush right down their throat just to try and brush them every night. I'm still helping out with brushing their teeth every night.
Speaker 1: It can be certain things like fruit juice. Like fruit juice is good, like proper orange juice is really good for you, But it's the acidity and the sugars that are.
Speaker 2: In it you can Yeah, she is more of the juice drinker. Both My children wouldn't know what soft drink is, so I don't have to worry about that. I know what you mean, though.
Speaker 1: Do you think it sounds bad when you say my kid needs a filling at age seven?
Speaker 2: Seven? Yeah? Why is her teeth falling apart at seven?
Speaker 1: Because you don't want to grow eat lollies all day long?
Speaker 2: No, she's a fruit bat though, Like I'm talking, proper fruit bat, always eating fruit. Yes, fruit yes, Elsie said that too. Elsie chimed in and was like, oh, because you love those fruits. She always calls it fruits. I don't know why she thinks it's more than one, but she says, you're always eating the fruits, and so she thinks that that's the reason. So that would be another reason for her never to eat fruit in her whole entire.
Speaker 1: Any fruit or vegetables. And now she's seeing her sister has to go and have a filling because she eats fruit and vegetables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. So basically as we do, and coming out of isolation, everything's like coming slowly back to normal. And so I'm jam packing the kids' lives again, which we said that we wouldn't do. But she's got singing lessons, and the amount of joy that my child gets when she walks out of singing lessons, I'm not seeing her like this with anything.
Speaker 1: Does she get her singing voice from you? Do you think, yes, you're a good singer?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I know. Yeah, I can't sing and don't have a musical sort of note in my body, but that's okay. You've got to accept not being good at things.
Speaker 1: As long as you like listening. To it. I love listening to my own singing. No one else does.
Speaker 2: I like it. It was really good in the shower when no one else is listening. So she comes out with these vibes. So I thought, oh shit, now I've got a dentist. So I've got a rush. And we go to a dentist on the other side of Brisbane, so we've got to pick her up. Do the dentist come back? And she was like, no, but I cannot miss singing. Cannot can't, I said, but you can under stand.
Speaker 1: For a second, how come you go to a dentist that's over the other side of town. You know that there's a dentist like on every other street everywhere. I don't know what it is, your childhood dentist.
Speaker 2: No, it's not my childhood, but but I really like him.
Speaker 1: Did he give you a sticker?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It gave me a real pad on the back brush every time, they're amazing.
Speaker 1: Do you always take the little toothpaste samples the samples?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you get your kids to give you your pocket?
Speaker 2: No, because they give us a bag every time. So any appointment that we go, we get a little kit bag. You leave with a kit bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then you can get the extra ones that reception the samples.
Speaker 2: They've got apples on the desk, so yeah, I know it's healthy as well.
Speaker 1: Good for your teeth. That's too many apple there.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know why I do it. Do you want to know another weird fact about me? Here we go throw myself under the bush.
Speaker 1: God, what's going to be?
Speaker 2: He always smells nice. His after shave is really nice. And I don't have a crush on him. And he's married and I'm married, and it's fine. But somebody smells nice.
Speaker 1: Drive across the other side of town to the dentist for Is that.
Speaker 2: What you're saying? Okay, alright, say let's go back to my child. This is the reason why I feel very comfortable. I really love them. They're an amazing team.
Speaker 1: But oh now it's the team.
Speaker 2: It's not just the nice it's just him when I only see him. But yeah, so I feel comfortable with him, hence my children going there. So then she's going back with a numb face to try and do singing lessons a video. I'm not lad in.
Speaker 1: The room because she can't even talk. When you've had your teeth number.
Speaker 2: I can imagine it's probably gonna be really numb because it's one of the big molars at the back. It's going to be great, isn't it. She almost she'll probably drill as she's singing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there are other kids there is it just a private lesson lesson? Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't make her do that. That'd be terrible. If there's someone else in the room.
Speaker 1: It's going to be terrible anyway. She's going to be dribbling it when she won't be able to say a word, you know when you have that numbness horn.
Speaker 2: I'm saying you sound, and then she's going to be singing it.
Speaker 1: Am I a bad mom for sending my child to seeing lessons? After yes your own Homan.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask to at least record a snippet ah ship We do, No, you do.