Speaker 1: Welcome to person number one podcast. You're listening to the Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're on the way that Dance Bra little Man Trip with before is celebrating. Gooday, guys, and welcome back to another episode of The Jammo and Dylan Show and today's episode two hundred and forty nine. One off the Wow, one off the two fifty. That's come around quick, actually very quick. Wow. What do you call that? It's a double century and double and a half century bro double and a half century? Yeah, halfa Go and check out our JD Sport episode if you're interested in sport. We released that this week. We talked all things sports. Let go and have a listen to that one. Dyl, you were saying just before we started the episode that your neck has been having some problems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's due to my pillow. You know, I haven't bought a new one in a long time. My two pillows are different as well.
Speaker 2: Is your pillow that you have now one of the ones that when it's out the pillow case it's yellow and you've had one of.
Speaker 3: Them is Yeah, one of them is a newer one and it's more of a firm and the other ones like soft lumpy. Okay, yeah, So I message to boys in the group chat the other day saying, you know what pillows is everyone using?
Speaker 2: I need some recommendations.
Speaker 3: I'm making up with neck pain and headaches and that's the I'm sure that's the.
Speaker 2: Reason, you know. So the boy sent them through.
Speaker 3: Dunload pillow seems like the recommended one from Zach.
Speaker 2: And number one in Australia.
Speaker 3: Suppose he has some bamboo some fancy sheets as well, so maybe I'll follow his footsteps. And I've been looking today, so maybe I'll place an order this afternoon and treat myself to a new pillow. I might wait for you to get yours, yeah, and then you can go find well deal. Buckley said he's got no Evan said he bought an expensive one right, but then dial didn't send her through yet. No, so, and I can't really be bother chasing someone up for a pillow, so.
Speaker 2: I'll trust your opinion on that though. So see how the dounload.
Speaker 3: But obviously when you get a new pillow there's an adjustment period, so I'm gonna have to give it a week of trial and error and buy some new pillowcases something nice.
Speaker 2: Nothing better than a good pillow, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I just have pillow case. I just have normal like con. I guess I've never had the silk. Maybe at a hotel I've experienced that, but I just can't remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never had pure silk. Like I've had variations of fabrics. You're the same. Zach's got that bamboo silk boy, I've never had one. They say, is it silk is good for your face? I think so some one of it's good for silk preventing acne and sweat and all that. So, but what's been like, has there been a hotel or somewhere you've been and you just remember the pillows.
Speaker 3: I feel like I always sleep good at like Crown or Crowned pillows.
Speaker 2: They cost three hundred dollars. However, they are incredible worth it that you know what that might be a birthday present.
Speaker 3: I could ask for a Crown pillow or just a to go down pillow. What I was thinking, when you're staying at Crown forever, what you could do is so you bring your suitcase when you go to the hotel, bring your pillow and just swap them.
Speaker 2: Swap them bro like they'll just look at who was in the room, swap them and then sucking off you go. You could get away with it if the cleaner wasn't a snitch, yeah, or if the cleaner just didn't they weren't switched on that day, they might not have had their coffee and they've gone, you know what, Well, there's nothing different with this room, and then the next person will get stung the child and I'll be like this pillow fucking sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I feel like I sleep good in apartments like high rise. Yeah, okay, you know when we've had stayed in nice apartments, I feel like I've slept really well. I liked looking over the city and the seeing the city at night like it's elite.
Speaker 2: We had some good sleeps in that apartment.
Speaker 3: That one of the first Melbourne was like unreal, bro, and we had like skyline views.
Speaker 2: What a time. We spent extra money, but the view of that was you can never take.
Speaker 3: That from That's one of the coolest apartments I've stayed in.
Speaker 2: That was like so sick. Just the setup of it was magical, bro. Just thinking back to pillows. One of the other ones that was incredible was in Barcelona at cram Hotel. Yeah, shout out crampt Yeah. The room was like really nice, fresh, like beautiful, and then the pillow itself just gifted us with the most amazing sleep nice. And I can't stress this enough. A good pillow can make for a good night. To think where I've had good sleeps. Like, another big thing about Crown is just the completely blacked out round. It's amazing, Bro, those rooms are really nice. I really want to go there. You know what I want to do back onto the gambling, yep. I want to win money and then stay at Crown. Yeah. I've always every time you and I and Rod go to the Cast, we think if we go home with money, we get the penthouse tonight, or like we just live luxury.
Speaker 3: But then the thing is right, when you're staying at ground, you want to make the most of it, so you want to check in.
Speaker 2: At three and you can. I've seen a lot about this lately, and it's like the biggest crime in the world is checking in at three and having to check out at ten. Yeah it sucks, bro, it is awful. You're getting how many hours? Not many?
Speaker 3: Twenty four that's like fucking what two five? That's like nineteen hours, yeap, and half the time you're sleeping, you get no time in the room. That's why you need two days. But then it gets expensive.
Speaker 2: Oh I've never Crown's gotten more expensive and I love that place, but it has gotten more expensive to stay. I remember a few years ago I got Premium king room to eighty for a night. Now it's like, and if you're not a Crown member, we are hopefully providing Josh Rognette gets his shit together. He's been flaky going and starting off our spring carnival next weekend and then around my birthday we'll go as well, and then that will be our summer of racing. Hopefully he'll pull through. But with that boy, you never know what you're going to get.
Speaker 3: I believe, like I feel like it's only like thirty percent chance to pull through.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've called him untrustworthy, scum that's his nickname in the Messenger. Nickname. Now and you see what else we're calling him. He's had weasel, he's had scumbag, he's had so many different names.
Speaker 3: Deserves every single name that he gets credit him. Yeah, that's a good one. What about greasy slime ball?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, what's like the most fitting name, Wezel Probably, I.
Speaker 3: Think Weezel is the greatest nickname and it just suits him.
Speaker 2: What about something vile that we can call him? What did? I feel like? It's been sent in by a few people, but I can't remember. Yeah, some people have said some horrible things to him. Actually it is quite funny, but some of it has gone far. Some of it has been unwarranted hate towards Josh. Yes, but I understand in his heart he's a good person. His heart's just so far deep that it's hard to get to it. So good luck to all the women out there. But it'll be fun to go and see him again.
Speaker 3: It always races, is a lot of fun and it's a great day out.
Speaker 2: So hopefully we sought out our neck pain and we sought out Josh Rognett's pain that he's been causing us. Yeah, Travis Scott deal oh nuts over East A couple of the boys went and deal. So yeah, those boys went, good friends of ours. They went over. I didn't realize and you didn't realize that was such big, Travis Scott. I didn't know it bro flying across the country, which is like flying from over ten countries, in Europe, yep, yep, to go and see this man and it looks wild. It was wild. I mean a lot of videos went onto TikTok, Instagram, Twitter.
Speaker 3: We're seeing fight circles, We're seeing people trying to get from their seats into the moshe running through guards going crazy.
Speaker 2: Guards doing Yeah, Sean Michael was.
Speaker 3: Quite like athletic, very flexible to be able to pull that kick off.
Speaker 2: He should look.
Speaker 3: To become a fighter because that was a very impressive kick. But he actually fucked the bloke up really bad, so that's not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a seizer apparently, and then five people were hospitalized from that show, so we hope they're all good.
Speaker 3: But it looked very demonic and as he brings he brings out craziness people. Yeah, it's like it's a thing, bro, like it just is. Even Dan Goinge went, yeah, he became like cringey and he reflected and was like, nah, that's slapping the ground.
Speaker 2: He's like, nah, that's bad, and he knows it and we know it. And look if we went maybe that would happen to us. You never know. But yeah, as he said, too old for that. Dan in his thirties now just on Dan. So obviously we used one of their segments last week and it did quite well. People liked it, and people have been calling for a DDF. Dan does Footy and Jamo and Dylan collab. We'd love it. We'd love it. He knows who we are. Remember, he didn't when we first met.
Speaker 3: I feel like he like didn't really the very first time when we met Dill Buckley and him, but he was nice.
Speaker 2: He was nice.
Speaker 3: He's always been nice when we've met him once. Yeah, No, I definitely think that I would love to collab with. I definitely think he knows of us, him and all. He shout out to you boys, and hopefully I did hear that they might becoming over for the Indigenous All Stars against Freo game. So I like the Indigenous All Stars. I saw the jersey. Yeah, I like it, bro.
Speaker 2: I think it looks sad. Yeah, so that would be good to say that's going to be a cool game. I actually I like the fact that it's like Essendon and Richmond. They both have that sash. Yeah, and when they play dream Time, it's kind of like a combination of the yeah goods yeah true yeah facts. But yeah, we would love to do a collaboration with those boys. Shout out to them. They do great footy content and believe it or not, we have good knowledge about sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty good. And we can also do the shower talk. We can do. We've been in this game. We have skin in this game, a lot of it, whole bodies in this game. We have been here for over five years now, so three weeks ago almost today. It was five years ago that we started this thing.
Speaker 2: So thanks to those who have come around lately, that have been there the whole way through. It's always cool to meet you guys in person. And you say, I've been listening since episode four, Yeah, that's always why. I was twenty three. And I know a lot of them are lying. And I know a lot of people listen to three episodes from three to six and then you know, hated us for a bit or tuned back in for a year, come back and they dip in and out, which is good. But the ones who have been here the whole time, and I know there's a few of you, great people, love you guys. Great to you.
Speaker 3: People were surprised at our sports knowledge and they listen, they go, oh, you boys actually know a lot it's like, yeah, Encyclopedia, mate, Like, yeah, well, we actually probably like sport more than anything, more than.
Speaker 2: Like the general shit talk, which I love, and that says something. Yeah, so yeah, go listen to JD Sport JD Sport now Deal Woman of the Hour Netflix, Anna Kendrick starring and directed it. I have watched as well, based on the true story creaked Carlie out. Bro, she had nightmares that night? Oh really, yeah she couldn't. We'll be getting onto that because our next segment is about dream freaked her out.
Speaker 3: It's it's a pretty intense movie, like she nails the creepiness well yep. And it's a true story as well.
Speaker 2: The actor did a great job, yeah, bro traying the serial killer. It's honestly, like, I can't believe it's a true story. You know.
Speaker 3: He was let out on sort of bail and he committed murders on that. They said it could be well over one hundred people.
Speaker 2: Bro that he's actually I reckon like one thirty, one hundred and thirty death to him. It was. It was very creepy. He was only convicted of seven, but.
Speaker 3: My god, they like they said he has photos of so many missing people in his catalog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, it's a creepy movie, crazy solid. It was a solid movie. Yeah, it was an exceptional wasn't.
Speaker 3: Debut for like a director to direct. I think that's a good first film. Yeah, to have on under your belt for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I watched it with Grace, and then Dad watched it the night after, and I actually went up and watched a little bit more with him it. Yeah, he he liked it. It was a short movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked it as like ninety minutes. I'm sick of everything being two hours, ten minutes, two hours thirty. Bring back ninety minute movies. Groa, Well, we've been vouching for this for some time.
Speaker 2: I remember when it has to.
Speaker 3: Happen when you go to the video store and you look on the back and it has the run time. I remember when it used to say one hundred, I'd get, oh long movie ninety three. You see that eighty five.
Speaker 2: Eighty five like comedy when you're twelve years old.
Speaker 3: Oh bro, it just takes an hour, twenty hour and a half out of my day. Now everything's two and a half hours, three hours, bro.
Speaker 2: Relax. That's the thing that shit with movies like Oppenheimer, which were really good. I'm not going to rewatch it that much, no, because if that if I saw ninety eight three hours, you know, I'll let you have one fifteen just for that one, yeah, for your mega movie.
Speaker 3: When movies used to, like I remember, they started creeping to two hours, like sort of in the in the twenty tens, Avatars and it's like, okay.
Speaker 2: Avatar was one of the first ones that I was very long. My brain actually could comprehend that. Fuck, we've been here a long time. Yep, and it's still got an hour Like I was young, and I'm even when they're good, it's hard to like all the classics.
Speaker 3: Bro, a happy Gilmour. There's no way this has got to be a ninety minute movie.
Speaker 2: They're also recreating this. They're doing a second Yeah, I've seen that. A darn sign our thirty three ninety three.
Speaker 3: Order boy, like what I said, ninety minutes flat, the ninety three Billy Madison one twenty nine eighty nine minutes.
Speaker 2: This is why Adam Sandler is the goat of the comedy. It gets it, bro, we don't want to be sat there for three hours all the time. In and out in love the Woman of the Hour. That is your suggestion, give it a watch? Why not? I was just thinking, what have I watched? Let me just have a quick look because I was watching Oh the Penguin. Bro Oh, yeah you mentioned it to me. I've got so much good shit about this show. Dad mentioned it to me. And I'm not, by any means a superhero type of guy, like I've never for example, You're Batman, your Spider Man. They're all good movies, yeah, but I don't like them as much as other people, just because I don't know your genre. Yeah. I wasn't as like much of a comic book guy. Yeah, yeah, more of a w W. It's just a different font of that fiction of land In saying that I like Harry Potter, which is pretty fucking weird. But anyway, the Penguin it's on Binge and it's on Foxtel Go. Binge got them premium shows. Yes, like Snowfall was Binge. That was a class show. But I didn't really expect much from the Penguin. But you know me, I always look at IMDb ratings prior.
Speaker 3: Yep, I saw a Binge have them on it on the website. On the on the platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I saw eight point eight and I thought, well, this can't go wrong. Started it and Colin Farrell, who does the acting, he's incredible, like people from New York, like critics that are watching the movie said it's one of the greatest New York interpretations they've ever seen. Is it good from the start the get go or does it need time? I don't know. First episode, you're locked. Yeah, Okay. By the end of the first episode, I was like, I'm in for the rest of them. Yep. And I've nearly caught up to where I have to wait a week to watch.
Speaker 3: The next time, I might start one. Maybe i'll watch one this afternoon.
Speaker 2: I reckon, you'll enjoy it. It's mafia mob Italian families in New York. That's the type of vibe. They're in Gotham City. Some stuff goes down and it just shows penguins rise, I guess. But there's there's things that happen along the way, and it's good. You ever take afternoon naps crazy segue with my new pillow, Maybe no, I do. Sometimes they're good. I'm thinking like I never have them, but I'm thinking like, maybe it'd be fun. Mine is only pure to only down to pure tiredness. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not just going to do it for the sake of doing it. Yeah, only if you need at Lebron James likes that's what. Yeah, I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Lebron has one every day bro, but he's a higher performing superstar. No.
Speaker 2: There's definitely times where I'll try and get a little forty five minutes or an hour. I don't like to go too long. Sometimes I fall into a trap of I'll have a two hour nap before dinner, depending on what I'm doing. It really depends on the night that I've had prior and the day that I've had leading up to it. That's where the tiredness levels are there. You go moving on to dream still, yesh, I was misled. I don't know who told me. It might have actually been a TikTok And this is the one problem I'm having with TikTok lately is that people are taking everything on TikTok for gospel as their news source. Yep, where at ninety nine percent of the time it's just someone that's heard something and then they're doing their own little spin off or whatever. So I saw something and admittedly, admittedly I was one of these people, and I saw it was like dreams actually only last eight seconds of real time. I was thinking, but it feels like forever. Yeah, cool fact, Yeah, but like I don't really it is true. Yeah yeah, Now this is from scientists and whatnot. The length of a dream can vary. They may last for a few seconds or up to thirty minutes. That makes more a lot, much more sense. But what can happen and I'm sure you would have experienced this. You can have a dream that only goes for let's say, twenty minutes, but it felt like six hours percent yep, but it was only a short time. So it's just a really interesting thing. And then there was also I was saying that night terrors can last longer, and I thought that it would be shorter because normally it's like it happens and you wake up exactly, But saying that they can last up to forty five minutes, Okay, that's not good. No, because imagine, have you ever seen someone have like a bad dream while you're awake? No? Okay, no, yeah, yeah, Gray sometimes will be asleep and then we'll just be like, oh fuck, something's happened. And it is quite scary, yeah, because you jump a little. Yeah. And then I even remember times where I had night terrors growing up, and and I just I could feel myself shaking or like moving in the bed, and I knew that something was wrong. But I imagine like that going off.
Speaker 3: For forty five that's a very long time to be caught in that scary. I guess that's up to training. That's the longest. But yeah, why do dreams feel like they last? One theory for why dreams seem to last longer is that the brain activity considerably slows down during rem sleep. Our friend Zach talks about remsleep quite a lot.
Speaker 2: Zach's have locked in on all that stuff. Yeah, yep, okay, It says here humans dream every ninety minutes or so throughout the night, with each subsequent dream lasting longer than the previous one. For example, your first dream may only last five minutes, while the last dream could be forty five minutes, so each dream longer. And then there was also a fact that I saw asking why can't we remember our dreams? And this is what they said. Brains are wired to ignore dreams, perhaps to prevent confusion with real memories. I oh, so you don't mix them together. So that's actually quite good because if you had a dream that felt was real, you could go into the real world genuinely believe.
Speaker 3: And tricking yourself that it was reality, because it is reality in a way.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, the things that happen in our life and the memories that we hold onto is just our perception of the event.
Speaker 3: Brain that always messages with me, like, once a moment's done, it's done.
Speaker 2: Did it even happen? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That's what I hate that, Like what's real? Yeah, like that race before that didn't happen. Now it's done forever, But it didn't happen, that's the thing. But it might in my head that didn't happen in yours. You know what happened?
Speaker 2: You know, I lost per It's funny as well, like how people remember things differently too, So you'll come back to something that happened ten years ago, or even let's say something that happened on you. I'm so sure sure of your reality and version of your like that. Fuck no, Like, yeah, it's funny when you say a story back and then someone has a completely different recollection of the memories. It feels personal. It does, and then you get into a fight and you're like, well, no, my perception of reality was more true than yours when really who knows yep, because everything gets clouded over time. They often say, like, you know, when you look back on a particular sportsman or something and they say, what is it like the nostalgia of it, you can overrate them. Yeah, that's a lot. And I even feel that, like I love when we hold onto a memory, such as like leavers, when we finish school and we hold onto that memory is one of the most fun times of our life. Yep. In the actual moment, it didn't feel like that for me.
Speaker 3: No, Like, certain there were lots of highs, but there were also a lot of lows and just sitting around doing fuck all. But in the moment, even though we had highs, I didn't have that feeling of like, oh, this is going to be something we talk about.
Speaker 2: It was a bit of a blur as well, until we look back on it and then the memory is flood back and you start thinking, wait, that actually was a great time. But that's one of the things where their memories were like so visceral and like we can remember exactly what happened that all of us still recount the same thing. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one where everything is the same. We all recount the story the same way, which is good.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Now I've got this question. I saw it on TikTok. I can't remember the name of the account, but it's been around for a while. Now I'm going to pose this question to you, and if you need some time, let me know. You're a burglar, but you only steal things that are a minor inconvenience to people. All right, so you're a burglar, but you only steal things that are a minor inconvenience to people. What are you stealing? So little things?
Speaker 3: So like straight away, I'm just thinking like the individual sock of a pair, yeah, okay, all of them.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking toothbrush, Yeah, I'm thinking underwear. What's it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's something that really pisses you off. Like I would take like all their soaps, so they're hop in the shower and they're going fuck off one AirPod? Yeah, bro, Maybe like i'd take away oil for cooking, because that's really when you go in there's no oil like olive oil.
Speaker 2: It's like fuck off, yeap. Oh, what's another minor inconvenience?
Speaker 3: And I think would be to like empty their milk out but leave them like twenty meal so they have they're like, it's just sad they have a shitty smoothie or a coffee or something.
Speaker 2: That'd be cool. They filled their cereal up, but like ty yeah yeah yeah, and it's like shit, bro, that'd be elite. Yeah, like leaving them with let's say they bought six bananas, they've only got one, you know, it would be good.
Speaker 3: So like obviously they wake up in the morning and take their meat out of the freezer, maybe to defrost it. They leave for work, I come in the house, pop it straight back freezer brea.
Speaker 2: So they come home and they've gone fuck off. That really we should start doing this, bro. That's harmless crime. The tormenting someone.
Speaker 3: Obviously, like yeah, car keys as well. That would just send them insane in the morning.
Speaker 2: But you just move them to it. Because I'm trying to think how minor can we go, Like what's the most minor thing that they could annoy some trigger someone to the max, like something I'm thinking daily routine, something that you always need to do or want to do that, you just can't anymore. Like what's something you can take away from someone, like a hair brush.
Speaker 3: Or like a yeah maybe if they rely on a product or something that could be good.
Speaker 2: Wax or hair sea salt spray.
Speaker 3: Like what would what would turn Rog crazy if he didn't have access in the morning fucking pencil case, backpack is books binder?
Speaker 2: Maybe like coffee? Right, yeah, he didn't take it away his hairtiped. You wouldn't like that, Yeah, his coffee in the morning. Or just change the settings on all of like everyone has their favorite toaster setting or yeah, yep, oh super glue the knob, so it's stuck in like high cooking.
Speaker 3: You've got to watch it, yep, or rog if you like? He has his phone is very specific like low stimulating.
Speaker 2: It's black and white. You can change that. And he woke up to it. I reckon he'd be quite annoyed.
Speaker 3: Malfunction yep, Yeah, he has that, that low stimulation phone. I don't know how he's done it. I think it took him a while, but all right, voice messages that's moved. Got a couple of good ones, Yes we do.
Speaker 2: That's roll.
Speaker 1: We hope you're enjoying the Jamo and Dylan Show. It's now time to have your stories heard and your questions answered to be featured on the potty Message the Boys at Jamo and Dylan on Instagram.
Speaker 2: All right, first one is from a long time listener, reliable guy. Let's Go Boys got back from South America. It was there for five weeks.
Speaker 5: And the weirdest thing that I've come across was when they use the elevator. Say they're on level four and the elevators on level one, they push up for the elevator to come to you, and then they go down to level one. And same with if they're on level one and elevators on level seven, they'll push down for the elevator to come to them and then they'll go up to level three.
Speaker 2: Weird as I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because here you just if you're say on level one, and you want to go up, you press up and the elevator comes and gets you and you go up. Yes, So this one you have to hail it. You have to say no to the come down, and so it's more of a manual thing.
Speaker 2: I saw the do you know the YouTuber mashtag Brady. Yeah, so he was in a country, an Asian country, and there was actually a woman whose job is to sit inside the elevator and she presses the buttons. That's very old school. Yes, she'll ask where you want to go, and then she'll send you there via button press. What a job? What a job? Boring though, would be very boring going up and down all day. Yeah, I don't know if i'd like that, mm hmm. Anyway, that's over the next Well, we have a very interesting story here.
Speaker 4: Yes, when I was a teenager, young early teenager, quite naive to just everything. This is really disgusting, So I kind of pret yourself i'd had my parents would make me share the bar for with them.
Speaker 2: And at the time, like I know then.
Speaker 4: It might be a financial thing that properly like title money. Like they're always switching lights off as soon as I leave the room, so kid's probably because of that, and I didn't know anything different, so I don't any think it was that much on issue. But then I got to about sixteen, I've started showing I've not looked back since it's a fucking disgusting just saying their filth and whatever, my filth and yeah, so he still got older, and I'm start showing I really just how fucking big it both of these? So give me a I'm ten, how disgusted that is the worst because to me, it's a big dude. See later, have a good one.
Speaker 2: He has another one. Do we give him a go? I haven't heard it. We were in a minute. I just want to say, out of ten, in my opinion, seven out of ten disgusting. I think there's way more disgusting. But it's just it's quite weird. It is weird.
Speaker 3: And he said into his teens, fourteen fifteen, So dad goes first.
Speaker 2: Then you're in, Oh, got that brown tinge to water? Nah? See.
Speaker 3: But then, like for a lot of people, that's just their reality. I know, I understand if you that's why I didn't put it. You're trying to save on money. I'm not trying to be rude, but like, yeah, it's still it's still grows by.
Speaker 2: A few less aureos or something.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Like you can cut costs another way. Sure, one less bread loaf exactly. I'll be clean. Wait if this is no good, we can kind of yeah, we don't know what this is, so let's go.
Speaker 2: Oh, and this is another one completely.
Speaker 4: I'm related to the previous voice note, but I'll say about your crushes and stuff. In school in England, you do this thing where you would you post on Facebook, are like for hot or not so you everyone would like it. Then you do a video saying ah, Jamo hot, Dylan hot rock not and you say if you go hot or not? And then me and me and one of my my primary school best friends would always do it in primary school in early secondary school then always got the cute girls that we fancied hot and all the all the months are not. And then when when a girl will post it, I'd like it and then I'll we sat there waiting for my name to be called out. It's Ben hot, I'm Joe, not Dylan, and I'll be waiting and that's like that was the moment for me. Am I going to get hot on Not most times because a bit of a widow, I get not. But that was the moment. It was like the World Cup final for girls in primary school.
Speaker 3: A rate that bro we had like TV h's and every day like for TBA yeah, or they do a video and like like for TV hate Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was so late onto like the Facebook onto.
Speaker 3: Their Facebook you sound like the original, like you know in the movie when they originally called it Facebook, and they like dropped the.
Speaker 2: There that's you, bro. That was actually pure accidents, so funny year old I was late onto the Facebook, and I think I was fifteen, and obviously people had it since they were like twelve, and I actually got to go through and miss because I missed out on all of these things. I missed out on like a big social aspect of the start of school when social media was around. So I went back through like some people's accounts and I'd watch the like for tv oh to see because I hadn't seen it, so I was playing catch up, trying to learn who liked to who thought what about who? So yeah, I'll admit that, and then I definitely would have partaken in a few of those. I remember doing it with Jack Walker, so he was one of my good friends in school, and he would do it on his account because he had more friends on face, bigger reach, but people still knew who I was, and I'd always get I haven't talked to like kind of cute, and I took that every day of the week. I'd take that. But Yeah, like what Dylan, who sent it in said, you're just waiting for your name to be called out. You're just bro.
Speaker 3: That moment is like you're waiting, like you feel it in your chest right and then when they say your name, it's the fear set in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you don't know what's coming. Do you remember ever watching those videos that you're included in or we didn't. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't, but like they probably would have happened. I just don't remember them.
Speaker 2: A lot of ours weren't videos. I remember they it was on the wall. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they'd whack it up on your feed. It neither be. It would be a good ego boost if you've got a nice one, but ninety nine percent of them and I want you guys to tell me if I'm off the mark here, but ninety nine percent they'd rate you out of ten, So it'd be like, okay, eight out of ten, really nice and funny. Yeah, most of them are that. Most of them eight out of ten, even if they didn't even like you. Yeah, they're just trying.
Speaker 3: To say they're not going to be rude. They're trying to like show fase tbh.
Speaker 2: Four out of ten ugly and sting.
Speaker 3: See I never I never saw anything like that, did you.
Speaker 2: No? I remember there being fights in the comment section underneath like oh no, like someone might have said, like, no specific thing, but oh so and so is a liar. I don't really like her as much six out of ten. And then it kicks off in the comment section. Yep. I remember it kicking off heaps. And I think because I was just new and naive, i'd comment in the comment section and just getting amongst it it. Yeah, but I would try to be the mediator. I wasn't trying to ignite it. I was like I remember saying once to like two people where you know, I was like, come on, guys, you're embarrassing yourselves now, like like dadding them. Yeah, don't don't do this on the internet. You'll regret it, like sort it out face to face or in person or something. And everyone was like, oh, why the fuck are you doing that? Like we wanted it to keep kicking off, and I was I just didn't know. Yeah, hell now, I just let it slide, let it go bro out boys high school. I would like, wait, I just want to write down the two people. I'd go back to high school in a heartbeat, I miss it. Oh wow, that's proper beef talking about each other's girls and whatnot. Crazy bro was atually kicking off or probably eleven.
Speaker 3: Also a bit, no twelve, it was grad AFTERS Gangster or like that.
Speaker 2: One a period. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a magic time too. Yeah, that really is a good end of school.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And the beauty of it was the girl who hosted I believe Grad AFTERS.
Speaker 3: Yep, she wasn't the most ball laughters ball, She wasn't popular.
Speaker 2: At all, but then she gained so much. She clutched up. She clutched up. She had a great venue, her family was great. It was just a good night forever everything there Bro. Not a good night for everyone, but a crazy night. And she came out of that. Remember on di over wimpic kid, you'd climb like the social scale like everyone like thought, like, yeah, you're right, yeah she she climbed. No, you got to respect her for that because it was a great part. We will forever be indebted to her for that night, like.
Speaker 3: Away, damn, Yeah, I remember I was just thinking about that Bro class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good form. And then I remember, like I went home pretty early. Yeah, I wasn't like that drunk or anything. I only had a couple of drinks and then I remember we had like a big chat for that night. Yes we did. Yeah, I remember a photo got sent in of Yeah it's like Jacob or Brodie or something. Yeah, yeah, like green or something. Yeah, I think it's Jacob. I think it was Jacob bro And they were up. The sun was up. It was seven as I go, I can't remember who I went.
Speaker 3: My dad dropped someone off, but it was again up early. Yeah, I can't remember. I stayed pretty late. I was hell drunk. When do you reg you got your drunkest, like in high school?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like from because you had like a year period where you'd right yourself.
Speaker 3: I'd just be blacked out, bro, Yeah, like legitimately maybe like all grad.
Speaker 2: Afters Cory's I think he hosted that. I was pretty like fucked up. Yeah, yeah, I used to just get blacked out. Bro. Double blacks, Bro, they're poison. Yeah, but that were your poison.
Speaker 3: They were my poison and choice. I always look back on them with love. But I haven't had one in a long time now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually had one at Listen Out No Good. That took me back to the day.
Speaker 3: They must getting on him again. I'll just knock a ten back back and see what happens. See if you see, if your body is still in me now, the hangover would be too fierce. I hate hangovers.
Speaker 2: They destroy me, bro I don't deal with them. Well, it depends if I'm mentally prepared for a particular night. I'm okay because I know what the next day is going to look like. But if it's just a random night and then it happens, Yeah, but I'm thinking ahead as well. I think as we get older, we think ahead. Jared our mate, he has like electrolyts, he has paneedoor, he has it all in his bedside table the night before. Yep. So when he comes back, he's fully sorted. Yeah, I don't because as you get a bit old.
Speaker 3: I went twenty five, twenty four, like when old, but like you don't want the next day to be ruined, that's the thing. Whereas before you used to not care about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had all the time. Imagine like we we weren't riding ourselves off at fifteen and sixteen, but imagine when we were like fifteen years old, school holidays and you had two weeks. Like imagine having a party at that started school holidays and then you've got days to just play Fafa and recover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would have been magic. Bro Oh that's the name rich schools. We're doing all the trash schools were We're just in this middle ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah we were. Ye oh oh, thanks for that was a bigger segue from from doing voice message and we'll last one of the week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's up? I just had my first ever in Nandos thanks to you guys in the London airport. I was going to say, and it was pretty good. I was expecting more like fast footy, but it was good. But tew me we think of my meal. I just kind of like chose randomly. It was a butterfly chicken with a side of Perry fries and spicy race and it was it was good. Like the chicken was like grilled nicely, had that like grilled teaste.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was good. Yeah, that's probably the best meal you can get there. Yeah, we made it pretty apparent that we didn't enjoy our London Nando's. It was actually I was court Nando's wasn't great. No, it's better here. It was very unfortunate because we love Nando's. I'm actually getting it tonight for the first time in a long time, in yeah, a long time, like kind of like a well, I guess that time we went, but I didn't get what I wanted because I was Yeah, yeah, it's true, that's true. But I'm having a little cheap meal. Weight loss been going well. Got to be happy with that. Drop yourself dropping a quilo a week at the moment, not bad. That's a good rate. But my scales are broken now, so I don't know it. It's all over the place. Yeah, Like I weigh in and it's two kilos under, two kilos over, Like it's fluctuates so much. But apparently I can get some for like fifteen twenty bucks that are pretty good. Oh that's good. Might do that? Go down and came up. Also, tomorrow is seeing Luckey's baby for the first time. Nice, that'd be good. You've done that little CUTI yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: She seems to be growing as growing up quick too, from what I've seen in the photos.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow getting mum's card detail. She's in balley at the moment, having fun. Yeah, there for eight days or something. Love and Life over there and I'll get a car detailed because it's her birthday in a few days. That's a good present. Actually, yeah, very good. Yeah that is. I'm also helping out my mate's business because he's doing the car detail.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: You got well, helping a mate and helping mama. Yeah. And then also I was going to say, oh yeah, then seeing Lockie's kid in the afternoon, which will be awesome. And also good to see Lockie and Maya. See how they're going. I think they're handling it very well. Yeah, he's back to work doing his full time stuff. So does he work from home a bit? I think he does. I think so. So that's andy. I have to ask. But he'll be around. Yeah, it'll be a good weekend and then hopefully next weekend. I don't know. I've lost all faith in rog Rog the flog Rog the dog. Don't trust him, No, I don't trust him, but it is what it is. All we can do is weight, All we can do is waight. Yep. Grace always says we're too good of friends to him. We definitely are. He says, why are you friends with him? Yep, Yeah, we're too good for him. That's a fact. Yeah, we are way too good. Phibber mcgeeze is too good for him too. I don't know why he doesn't just love it because I love it. I love it too. His new haircut. Lucas saw that that Decos cut. Yea Deacos popped it on his story too. Are you trying to win a ring or something? Bro? He's going for it all, yes, he is. We should definitely do like a beach day with rog and yeah, yeah beach side feed. Maybe can find our new fibber. But yeah, thanks, thanks for listening. Guys, we'll see your next episode. Check out JD Sport, who's punching with Jamie Hutchinson, will be out very shortly too, and yeah, we'll see you next episode. Cheers.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to The Gemo and Dylan Show. Make sure to subscribe to the boys on YouTube and share the podcast with a might