Speaker 1: Go get you the morning every day, adelaides.
Speaker 2: Really chat, let's chat.
Speaker 3: It is so time for it.
Speaker 1: Let's go girl. That's a bet segue.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not not a better seguey at all, because there's no nuts in this segment.
Speaker 3: That's the whole point is chit chat.
Speaker 5: That's for the girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one's for the ladies.
Speaker 4: Okay again, if you're joining us for the first time in twenty twenty four, don't fear I'm about to explain what the segment is all about. This is the stuff that us girls talk about when Andrew's not around, and stuff that probably should stay off here.
Speaker 1: But now that's why I get to work so early. Yeah, I'll try and get here before you guys leave after you. Yeah, you can't talk about it.
Speaker 5: We're doing in funny your face anyway, Exactly.
Speaker 4: I appreciate joining in on chick Chat is producer Zoe. Zoe, you are in your twenties, very career driven and highly so sucessful at it. I might say, thank you, Jody A. It's not really a new relationship.
Speaker 3: Now, how long have you been No, it's nearly a year, so it's a sort of new.
Speaker 4: That's a year that poor old Hazey over here has had to sit by and watch his dream man get snapped up.
Speaker 3: By you in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hazy, it's fine. I can sit back and watch you guys prosper and develop and know that as long as Alex is happy and I'm happy.
Speaker 4: News reader Abbi also joins us you're in your thirties.
Speaker 3: She's probably edging close and closer to your forties.
Speaker 5: Round of it.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: Wow? You're on five? Oh, I'm very young, thirties. Okay, I'm still single.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing happened over the break to change that?
Speaker 5: No, nothing to discuss, sure about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, when you're going to make a launch something that might be happening never on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Okay, chick chat.
Speaker 4: All right, today we are discussing this and get involved thirteen twenty four to ten because we would love to hear your thoughts on this one physical attraction? Does it have to be immediate for a relationship to lass? And this came up?
Speaker 7: Why so, I've got a friend I call her the Queen of Tinder because she used to have a spreadsheet she used to share with us, all because she was hell bent on I'm going to find my person and she goes, she used to send me Abby, it's a numbers game to keep dating until you find somebody, So we'd you know, you get it's Alex this person and you're like who, and she'd send you the spreadsheet so you could play a longer.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a small city we're not talking about.
Speaker 7: Also, she's in Brisbane so far anyway, So she found a guy. They started dating, all going really well, hard launch on Instagram, met the family, blah, blah blah. All of a sudden she posted something a bit weird to her close friend's story and I messaged and said, does everything all right? And she said, he's broken.
Speaker 8: Up with me?
Speaker 7: And I went why and she said, because he has a vision in his head of what his future wife looks like and that's not me. So he's decided he wants to see other people. And I'm like, are you absolutely ca me? So he's put I think eight months they were together, which yes, okay, isn't long, but why would you bother and why would you invest like they met the families like.
Speaker 9: And that was the only reason.
Speaker 3: It was just.
Speaker 7: Reason is he's got this image in his head of what his future wife looks like and it's not her.
Speaker 4: But my question is, wouldn't he have known that when he first met her? So why why did he waste eight months of that poor girl's time?
Speaker 7: And she's quite she's, you know, turned thirty. She's feeling like me, like time's running out? Where is my person? And she's always made comments about I'm just not attractive to the opposite sex. She's got short hair, but she's gorgeous, she's absolutely stunning. But she's like, I just don't get that male attention from people when I go out, blah blah blah, which I don't think is true, but yeah, anyway, So it just got me thinking, Yeah, how do you stay in a relationship or the attraction because for me, I was always very nuts got to be immediate, but then as I get older, I think it can grow as well.
Speaker 5: So I was wondering what you guys were thinking.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I'm with you on that one hundred percent. I think that.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's varying degrees of physical attraction, aren't there There's like I really want to jump on you, but then there's also then there's also like I find you vaguely attractive but that can develop once you get to know the person and who they are and what they're about. I'm a firm believer that you fall in love with the whole package, not just what someone looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if they got a focus on that tape?
Speaker 3: This is why you're not involved in you can.
Speaker 1: I say one thing quickly, though, and this is actually a compliment to all the ladies. I think your more chance of seeing a bloke who's not good sorry, a bloke who's not good looking with a gorgeous girl then the other way around, because I think blokes as a whole probably more superficial than girls. I think if you are the majority of blokes, they'd say, well, there has to be an initial attraction and we go from there. Versus girls, for the most part, we'll give you a shot. We'll be able to see past attraction and fall in love with someone's personality or.
Speaker 4: Their bank balance, or their generosity level. When it comes to give, what do you reckon?
Speaker 9: So I'm a little bit different on this one purely from the experience I've you know, I was single for a long time, about five six years, and I went on lots of dates and I really liked people, so I would keep seeing them when I wasn't attracted to them. But none of it has ever worked until I met Alex, my current boyfriend, who I was instantly attracted to. So I think there has to be a pretty significant element of instant attraction.
Speaker 3: S'teen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 4: Can a relationship work even if there's no initial attraction.
Speaker 3: Or does that have to be there for it to be longited?
Speaker 7: I think, unfortunately that's just how we are as society. Like if you see someone and go, oh, hello, you more, you know, you want to go over, you want to talk to them, that sort of thing. If you're not sort of there's gotta be some sort.
Speaker 4: Of But I want to believe that there are people out there who at first were like, oh, not really interested in you, but then it grew over time and they're still together.
Speaker 7: It's it's like best friends who all of a sudden one day wake up and oh, one's in love with the other.
Speaker 5: And if they go, yeah.
Speaker 4: You're going to say wake up, rolled over and when oh, I like that, Let's go to Hannah from Wilson Lakes.
Speaker 10: Hey, Hannah, Hey, how I go?
Speaker 4: Do you need that instant attraction for a relationship to work.
Speaker 10: Well, the story is me and my high school best friend. I thought he was, you know, just a sinky high schooler. We graduated in twenty nineteen, and we've now been together for five years. We're engaged and about to get married in February.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 4: So when you're in high school together, there was no oh, I really want.
Speaker 3: To pass him.
Speaker 10: No, absolutely not. But then eventually, you know, we started hanging out more and all my friends called the girlfriend glower, the girlfriend.
Speaker 5: Grower, No, the girl. Yeah, I'll blow up, blow up, Okay, sorry, I'll just shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take over, chicken, Oh, the girlfriend grow up.
Speaker 7: Go on the Google later and I tell you, hey, hey, let's just be honest just for a second though, Like, what did he look like in high school?
Speaker 1: I could imagine one of those those teen movies where he had the big glasses and maybe had pimples, and all of a sudden he just ten more morphed into ditched the glasses. Maybe I had a back brace.
Speaker 10: Had the braces? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Less?
Speaker 4: Oh Hannah, Well, congratulations and all the best for the uncoming wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 4: Nice that it's a very difficult conversation. I thought you were ugly in high school.
Speaker 1: Nicole from Morphanbar. What do you think Does it have to be incident the attraction?
Speaker 2: No? No, I first met my husband, I ran away from him. He met him at good dinner party and mum picked me up that night and he wasn't looking so I ran off and he stopped me down on Facebook, as you do, and we went out a couple of times. I split up with him to go out with someone else, and then was single for a bit and then he messaged me again on Facebook, bloody Facebook, and he said, look, we haven't seen each other for a while. You're single, I'm single. How about we go for a drink from Runnell Straight? And yeah, that was That was twelve years ago, was married with ten and got free kids.
Speaker 5: What changed? What changes for you?
Speaker 2: He grow on me, He grow on me, and I actually was the one to say I love you her. And so I mean, what if they're the most gorgeous guy in the world, Ryan Reynolds, for instance, But they've got a crap, They've got a terrible personality and terrible morals. How about that?
Speaker 3: You know absolutely?
Speaker 4: I love that you've gone from playing the hardest of hard to get to.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you, I.
Speaker 2: Know, and I was supposed to say it and he didn't say it back and we yeah down. Yeah. So then I was so that I was ready to break up with him on this weekend away that he had planned. And he actually told me on the weekend away that he loved me as well. He wanted to do it by the fountain, you know, really nice and romantic, and he actually did it when I was in shower.
Speaker 3: What a bloody rollercoaster, this relationship, belos. Thank you so much much, kids, Thank you so much for the corner col Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: It can yeah, absolutely you can out both ways. Oh Jesus, girls are complicated, aren't you.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think that anybody I like.
Speaker 1: You, and then you like him, and then you say I love you, and then he says, well, I'm not sure if I love you, and then you're like, well, now I love you even more, and then eventually he says I love you, and you go, well, I'm not sure I love you anymore.
Speaker 4: And that's relationships. One on one from Andrew Hayes. Everybody tune in tomorrow for more sound.
Speaker 1: Advice who run the World Girls.
Speaker 4: Tell us about the time that somebody ruined the surprise On thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 3: He built something up and I was like, this is going to be the best surprise for my loved one ever and then bank they ruin it.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly what happened to produce it, are we Yeah, throw your mum under the bus.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's too soon to even talk about without getting emotional. I organized my partner, Alex is a professional photographer, so for Christmas, I wanted to get him something quite nice. So I got his portfolio, which is online, printed into a bound, nice leather book, which.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought that was a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah really really out of character's.
Speaker 1: Strange strain all the photos.
Speaker 9: I sprinkled myself throughout that thing, don't I. But I organized that it was a big thing, and I wanted to keep it a complete surprise because obviously, if you knew I was getting a book of some sort, you no, it was whatever. So I kept it at my mum's house. Yes, and I said to her, you you keep it, because otherwise I'll either have thege to give it to him, or you'll find it, or you'll clue in. She was like, no worries, got it. So this is like two weeks before Christmas. On Christmas Eve, I call her and say, I'm going to come and get the book. About ten minutes later, Alex, my partner side, is going to come with me to visit their puppy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I call her back and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Alex is coming, Yeah, I hang on, can I you up there? Did Alex want to go to your mum's house to visit the puppy? Or is it I'm super hot? So he's mum.
Speaker 9: So we visit, and I text her on the way saying just to reminder, obviously hide the book because Alex is coming, so it's not you can just give it to me. We get there and I didn't notice the book is sitting on the kitchen table clear as day. I didn't notice. Alex didn't notice, which is great. What was really bad was as we were leaving, Mum picks up the book and goes, oh, don't forget what you came for and holds it up to us. Realizes what she she's done and goes, oh crap, and runs out of the room with it.
Speaker 3: For goodness, just ran with it.
Speaker 9: So then Alex went, oh, you got me a book. That awesome. That's great. So obviously he didn't know what was in the book, but the surprise was ruined.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I know.
Speaker 3: And she feel bad?
Speaker 1: Did she feel bad? Did she feel bad at all?
Speaker 5: Because no emotion, even empathetic at all.
Speaker 9: She sent me a text going oh sorry, with a little crying emoji, and I just sent back the little the emoji with tears.
Speaker 4: That's like God forgiven, but not forgiven.
Speaker 1: She took that really literally.
Speaker 9: We got to Christmas Day the next day and her partner said to me, oh my god, so I nearly had to call you last night to get you to come and see your moum because she cried herself to sleep every couple of minutes. I know, every couple of minutes. He'd just here, I go, I ruined everything.
Speaker 3: Should have called hazy, he would have gone around and comforted her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could have. Well, I could have ruined a four years. I could have saved the heartbreak from Bindy. I remember I remember calling up car and telling her that she was pregnant. Ruined.
Speaker 9: That's a big one to ruin too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four ten, when was the surprise ruined because you've had a shocking run.
Speaker 9: I know, we wake up again. Yes, I took Alexander for his birthday for a stay at a hotel, and obviously he knew about it at the hotel, but I thought, cute here and old order a cheese play on a rival so fair get to our room and as we're checking in, he was lovely, but he's like, all right, so here are all the costs, and just outright said how much I'd spent. He goes and that cheese play you've ordered us on the way for God's sake.
Speaker 1: And then wins. Yeah, and alex bless him, still didn't pick up the cues. Bless us bloke.
Speaker 9: He looked at me and that was a surprise, wasn't it.
Speaker 10: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: He's a shocking run.
Speaker 9: I'm not doing surprises anymore. I'm done with them.
Speaker 4: Well, it's that time of the year where you try to hide things from people. So thirteen twenty four ten, when was the surprise ruined?
Speaker 3: Let's go to Amber from Elizabeth east Versy.
Speaker 4: Congratulations you were on that stand by list, But when was the surprise ruined?
Speaker 11: Sorry it was ruined for my partner. He ruined his own birthday surprise. I had organized, yeah, I know. I had organized to pick up the new Spider Man PlayStation five console for him. He's a fan of Spider Man pretty much. We went to the shops, I took him to jab High Fire, sent him off on his way to look for other presidents as I kind of dupped off without him noticing. I'm waiting in line. I'm crouched in claim so that he doesn't see me hiding behind.
Speaker 3: All the box.
Speaker 11: He's trying to call me and trying to message me and find out where I am. Finally get to the counter to pay it for the thing, and I hear from behind me kim asking me what I'm doing. Sorry, obviously I tried to play it off, but he got the thing out of my hands and found out what he was getting for his birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, emba, what a pig.
Speaker 6: Seriously selfish of him, Oh my god, oh god.
Speaker 4: And it's like that moment in love actually where the husband's buying his lover at present and rolling at considers rapping it and he's like, for the lover, gosh, I don't need time on the top of the present, Just give it to me. Exactly, well done, Ember, thank you. Let's go to Jade from murray Bridge. Hey, Jade, Hi, Hi? When was the surprise ruined?
Speaker 12: So I ruled my this surprise news this year?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 12: He wanted to go up Oh well, we're at a friend's birthday party and he wanted to leave just before the year sorry, just before twelve o'clock yep. And I'm like, no, let's stay because we saw fireworks from here before. We might see some more fireworks here at twelve o'clock. He's like, okay, yep, all right, So we stayed. We saw the last of the fireworks, and then he's gone, let's go up to the lookout and I'm like, why are we going up to lookout? There'll be no, he's more fireworks up there after twelve o'clock. He's like, oh, let's go have a look. Anyhow, So we get up there and I kind of got suspicious on what he was doing. He got down on one knee up there and proposed.
Speaker 3: And you said no, and he's heartbroken.
Speaker 12: Not quite no, I said yes, but I ruined the fact if possible fireworks and twelve.
Speaker 11: O'clock and all of that stuff.
Speaker 12: It was funnier. He accidentally picked up the wrong rings because he couldn't find my mother's.
Speaker 3: Engagement What what do you mean?
Speaker 1: What was it? What was the ring?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 12: They were some that my aunt had given me.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, So did you look at the rings straight up and you're like, oh, this is awful?
Speaker 12: But yes, yeah, I'm like, they're not the ones that you meant. I couldn't find him. I'm like, that's okay, I'll show you when we get home.
Speaker 3: Jade walk away.
Speaker 12: Now, yes, it's all gooding.
Speaker 11: I still love.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 3: How good is love?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: It could be could be worse? Remember that. Remember the story back in the day Adam Kurney the cheesel and the burgery.
Speaker 4: Oh I could have so he got confused. He got a burgering not of cheesel, and.
Speaker 1: No doubt, the big fella ate it afterwards.
Speaker 7: They still have it. My sister is a bridesmaid in their wedding and they still have it. They put it in a box and preserved it.
Speaker 4: Fortunately, there are so many colors and preservatives and burgerings that thing will.
Speaker 3: Last a lifetime. Guine room, men of gross, there's no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, very much.
Speaker 3: And there's some more evidence that's come to light overnight about the fact that men are disgusting.
Speaker 1: I'm the exception.
Speaker 3: We'll get to you in just one moment.
Speaker 4: So X nine O two one oh star Jason Priestley has come out and said when he used to live with Brad Pitt, Brad would go days and days and days and days and days without showering. That have a competition to see who could not shower the longest.
Speaker 1: Really, come on, don't because Brad Pitt does it. That's all men. Even I'm going to sit back here and be like, oh, what an absolute pig. Just to look at you. Listen, especially in film and louis a young Brad.
Speaker 4: Pitt, we all know that you shower because you do it in here. Anyway, that's a whole other story, not just that. A debate online is raging at the moment because the guy's come out and he's revealed to his girlfriend that the key to him getting the perfect night's sleep is the yellow pillow. So this is a pillow from his childhood that has been so molded into his head that he can't let it go. However, unfortunately, when you sweat or that sweat drips into your.
Speaker 3: Pillow and it goes yellow. Yep, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: But then the scariest part about this, girls, am I right? Is that all the boys piled on and just said, oh my god, I can't I cannot get rid of my yellow pillow either. One guy said, legit haven't rested comfortably since getting rid of the loyal yellow pillow, and another said their life has been a downward spiral since they got rid of theirs.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm actually junior vice president of.
Speaker 3: The Yellow Yellow Pillow. Is just the tip of the iceberg. Because we were having a quick chat when you went around this morning.
Speaker 1: I knew it. It's the girl, classic stock standard girl's ganging up on poor old, little defenseless hazy just.
Speaker 3: The girls in the room. I've got a story for you about something gross that happened with you yesterday. But let's just have a quick fire go around the room.
Speaker 4: Hazey's gross's habit, go abby from the newsroom.
Speaker 5: My biggest thing is yea, is you caring about me too much?
Speaker 7: My biggest thing is the fact that your feet no offense are absolutely disgusting and you just let them out for everyone to see.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Okay, like either shoes off or you burks on it, just like they're so gross, chop them off. No, Like, go to the doctors and say I have a fungal infection and I need to do it.
Speaker 5: I will make the appointment for you. Yeah, it grosses me.
Speaker 1: I thought it was just me, even though I noticed that they're gross. Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and after you go to the doctor and say I've got a funel infection, told you about your toe as well, Zoe producers, Zoe might have some feedback for.
Speaker 1: You, loser.
Speaker 9: You even I like, at least four or five times a show, I can look up from the producer booth and you're definitely picking your nose.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 9: And it's not even just a little like quickly get that. It's like a third knuckle.
Speaker 3: Finger.
Speaker 1: What I would say in my defense, it's not going to pick itself.
Speaker 5: It's true. Is it better out than in?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: And I guess where we're at it, producer, am You've got some feedback because.
Speaker 5: You see it.
Speaker 4: You sit at a unique angle in the studio where you're sort of sitting up high and looking down.
Speaker 6: On hazy Yeah. I have a horrible view of you every morning. But most people only see you from the chest up. Joe's all these screens are in your way so you don't see it. But the angle that I have is Hazy aggressively adjusting himself down below the desk at least five or six times a morning.
Speaker 1: Bulk, I have lowes.
Speaker 6: The worst part is hazy. When you look straight in my eyes and you're doing it, that's really uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll get end the feedback there, but I've just got something for you as well. I went to the kitchen yesterday during the show and you were in the toilet. That's fine, that's your prerogative. I know you're fairly regular about these things.
Speaker 3: And you have things.
Speaker 4: However, walked past the toiler yesterday and all I could hear is and I know that only means one thing, that you're talking to Tom Red. And so you came to the studio, I said, I did ready call you? Tell everyone what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, so I actually went to the tour and I didn't know there was someone next to me, and I was a bit noisy and that I would usually be, and the person next to me, somehow I knew it was me and called me. I look at my phone. It was Tom Redd. So we started having a little bit of a chat next to each other.
Speaker 5: So you we're in the stools next to each other, but also on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a lot going on. Can I just say one thing? Can I just say? And this is all you ladies in the over team And look it's actually it's on my Instagram bio as well. If you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best. What about this one of the most iconic songs of our generation? It's pretty old now. Summer of six nine, Bryan Adams, what did you think the song was about?
Speaker 3: A Nineteen sixty nine was a cracking year for Brian and he was so thrilled about it. He sat down and penned a little ditty and that was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, young blog trying to make his way thought, oh, I remember back in nineteen sixty nine, someone was outrageous.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it wasn't the weather good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, who would have thought. The Canadian Dirty Dog himself has confirmed that nineteen sixty nine it was about the special thing that maybe Mummy and Daddy doo after they had too much tequila, rather than the actually year nineteen sixty nine, You dirty dog, Brian.
Speaker 3: So are you saying it's the performance of the actual numbers as opposed to having a really good.
Speaker 1: Year When mummy and Daddy say I'll be six, you'll be nine. Let's just see what happens. Boy, oh boy, I'm a little bit sharking you to pay for this tomorrow. Who's got the kids?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Also, what happens when you turn a six upside down? See that's how it all work.
Speaker 1: I see what's going on here. No idea what you're talking about. By the way, but he is confirmed via an interview. He said in a Sunday Times a little chat, So I was going to call the song best days of my life, but mentioning sixty nine felt a bit more provocative. That follows a quote in two thousand and eight in interview he says, at the end of the song, the lyric says it's me and my baby in sixty nine. You'd have to be pretty thick in the years if he couldn't get that lyric.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, Brian, we've all been stupid all this time.
Speaker 1: Well we have, because I never picked that up. No, I didn't know, right towards the end of the song, listen to this does he.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's all making sense.
Speaker 4: It's fantastic hopefully to everyone out there except for the small children in the cast.
Speaker 1: Have no idea what's going on. It feels like I feel like there's a segment in this. Is it like misheard or misunderstood lyrics? Oh yes, I forget help us out. It's well I for nine or nine. I'll kick it off. Let's do this one next, and that is Cardi B Classic. I have no idea what's going on with this one?
Speaker 3: Twenty four to ten? Give is it?
Speaker 10: Call?
Speaker 1: Oh no, wait, that boss is saying, don't text us, don't text us on four double my night. Here's where you're.
Speaker 2: Waking up to Adelaide breaking news.
Speaker 5: What's the news today, snooziness.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Abbey in the newsroom for everything we need to know. And there's a bit of breaking royal news overnight.
Speaker 5: There is Jode.
Speaker 7: So two British royals have had some health scares over the last twenty four hours, or it's been announced over the last twenty four hours. So King Charles actually is going to be treated for an enlarged prostate.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe that Buckingham Palace have released that information.
Speaker 5: Well, he was keen to and I agree with this.
Speaker 7: Men obviously not good at talking about health issues, not good about talking in general sometimes, I think so he was keen to share this because so any men out there have issues with this. In my family, my dad's now retired and he's got two mates who have had issues with their prostrate in the last sort of like two months. So King Charles is really keen to let the public know because he wants to encourage other men to go out and get checked and to make sure they're seeing their doctor regularly, to.
Speaker 1: Speak freely as well. And I'm not as educated in this space as maybe some of it. Although she's give me two more years and I need to be getting regular process.
Speaker 3: What is it, fah?
Speaker 1: And And you don't have to do the old school test anymore? Yeah, yes, you can just get a blood test.
Speaker 5: Yes, yep. Sorry, old school.
Speaker 1: Test obviously for a lot of bogus could be very very confronting. Yep, but now you don't need to do that.
Speaker 4: Thoughts and emotions when it comes to the fact that you don't have to do the old school test.
Speaker 1: What was the movie. What's the Is it a road trip? I don't know, remember road trip?
Speaker 3: You're telling the story?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, I'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it's a good thing he's come out. Also, Princess of Wales's Kate. She has undergone abdomen surgery, so she's going to be two weeks in a private clinic in London recovering, but they reckon she won't be back to her duties until Easter. So the whole royal family has essentially been briefed. It means William's going to have to step back as well to obviously look after her, but everyone else has been briefed in regards to you're going to have to step in and go to some public engagements.
Speaker 5: So I saw a.
Speaker 4: Report this morning where they said, well, King William, you know, obviously we'll have to step up now as a single parent of the kids because mum's out of action.
Speaker 3: I'm like, he doesn't look after the children.
Speaker 1: You just wonder if there's any help whatsoever. Maybe one or two.
Speaker 4: For anyone who's ever watched The Crown, it basically depicts the fact fact that the Queen saw her children first thing in the.
Speaker 3: Morning and last thing at night. Yeah, to say good morning, take.
Speaker 1: The kids away, only bring them back when they're at their best places.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly right, very nice.
Speaker 4: Absent Susie, let's go to the Australian Open. That he's effectively ruining my life, my sleep patterns. There were two cracking games last night. A couple of Aussies in action and they did very well up against sits a pass and also Jokovic is like the best players in the world and they really pushed them, which was great.
Speaker 3: However, neither failed to get the victory.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, Jordan Thomson was always going to be aup to Stephanos sissy pass absolute start but still the first set, yeah, he said, here we go. Second seid he's on again Yeah, and lost and tiebreak and then it was all Stephanos from there.
Speaker 4: But one of the highlights yesterday from the OS Open was Emma Radack.
Speaker 1: Just called em Rada.
Speaker 3: Emirada stopped play.
Speaker 1: She was she was macing on with oh, hang on, you're talking about Radakana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've been serious.
Speaker 1: Right now, and then I was about to launching to remember when she was macing on with Harry Stars and people got vision was like you're talking about the Aussie Open on track.
Speaker 4: Anyway, he stopped play, She stopped play to let a ball kid capture a nifty little bug that invaded the court.
Speaker 3: And it is the cutest vision you'll ever see. The bug got the better of the ball kid. Like the bug was very, very like agile, and you know, it was almost like it was playing tennis. The poor kid. And this is a little bit of the audio of the kid trying to catchure the bug. With it being Australia, there is some quiter action going on.
Speaker 4: This bok kid has the toughest job in town.
Speaker 1: Crazy as well. It turned out the bug was a funnel web spy, deadly spy on.
Speaker 4: The floor and the bookid won't be back for today's around.
Speaker 1: Borkid has been quickly replaced.
Speaker 4: No, anyway, the ball kid brought out a towel in the end and very gently removed the creature and took it away from the court.
Speaker 1: There you go, so happy ending. Yeah, we've actually got the bug on the line right now, twenty fourteen. Now we don't I assume that had a happy ending? All right, good stuff, keep on watching a straight and open, Keep us up today please, I.
Speaker 3: Know, because they come in and I'm all bleary eyed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, are you going to keep on going even if there's no Ossies left?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, well then, oh my god, hopefully for Australia's sake, Alex dimanor keeps on going.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well he's into the fourth right now. Okay, cool is the.
Speaker 1: Expert, right there. Hey, let's wrap it up with a bit more sport as well. Of course, Astralia taking on the West Indies first test Adelaide Oval probably went as well as we could expect. For the West Indies' so Australia one of the toys sent them in the back all out for one hundred and eighty eight, which I mean last week they crawled and extra fifty rounds. Wasn't too bad Australia though. Now to fifty nine.
Speaker 3: That was interesting, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Good start by the West Indies Steve Smith, all eyes on him as he made his way as an opener twelve, which wasn't a great result. Shama Joseph as well, big shout out to him, West Indies. He's two for eighteen and he's de butt done his debt.
Speaker 3: He's well done.
Speaker 4: No, I knew what you were doing, mate.
Speaker 3: We worked together long enough.
Speaker 4: I know that when you mean to say taboo, you intentionally say debut.
Speaker 1: Throw back the jess Ma boy back in the day. Yeah, I actual post snooze news. It is thirteen minutes past six at the six fifteen venue Machine.
Speaker 8: Not too far away, gentlemen, Battle of the Bangers.
Speaker 3: Well, if you've just joined us for twenty twenty four, welcome guys. It took you a year to get here, but hey here nonethelest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine. We just like to live in the moment. They won't about the past. That's through in the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And we are about to launch into this year's version of Battle of the Bangers, which, if for the uninitiated, is basically we select a song each and then we whack it on our Instagram and you just need to go to the Jodie and Hazy page cast your vote, and whoever wins will get their song played at eight point thirty on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's fine. And you know what we're going to theme it this year, are we?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I kind of thing with this year and we're gonna kick off with given the testers on and Adelaide. It happens once a year, beautiful time of the year. Yeah, how about Australian cricket themed?
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Do you want to kick it off?
Speaker 4: I think I will obviously the Australia the West Indies. So do you want me to go Australia or do you want me to go West Indies theme? It doesn't matter because I've already managed.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, I'm looking at the song. Do I stitch you up and say? West Indies? What have you got forree Australian things?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 4: Well, I know that this is the sort of official but unofficial song of the Australian cricket team.
Speaker 3: And if you say no to Cold Chisel.
Speaker 4: Then there's something wrong with you. Let's go a little bit of kse someplace.
Speaker 1: Wow, give this is your song and you're so passionate about it, and you're about to my endorse it? Really campaign for it. Tell us the first line of the.
Speaker 3: Song, I left my I left my hat to the SaaS fan it's really close.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 3: I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 1: I left my heart to the SaaS round kay Sam, I mean I don't know, but no one knows it, and a lot of people like that's my favorite song, and you like say the first line like, oh.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I've just been singing random like symbols and putting them all.
Speaker 1: Together and in most places wherever you are when that song comes on, by the time there, yeah, you were absolutely mattering.
Speaker 3: Gibbish.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're very, very similar. So I'm going to go minute work land down Under.
Speaker 3: From why didn't you do that new remix version? That?
Speaker 1: What's the remix?
Speaker 4: It's a new remix version, I promise you. How do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 3: They did a remix of down Under?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they did. There's been a lot of and there's a remix of Treaty going around as well. Really like yeah, you quite like it's a TikTok thing.
Speaker 1: Ah, it's a TikTok thing on the TikTok okay on the TikTok. Really really frustrates me and makes me quite sad, is if there's youths out there who are hearing that on TikTok for the first time, being like, oh, this is a new song that's never happened because.
Speaker 7: You know, little booth thing that was created he created that on TikTok on TikTok or not on TikTok, but it was going off on there and he was like, you know, I'm going to get this on commercial blah blah blah, and I'm thinking of whatever, and then all of a sudden it popped up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, next minute.
Speaker 1: Are you comparing poor Russell to Cold chiseling don at work?
Speaker 5: Yeh interesting?
Speaker 3: All right, jump on the Joddy and Hazy Instagram page.
Speaker 4: Cast your vote please. And I just got that side eye from executive producer. And because I said it will be played eight thirty, right, it's actually eight o'clock tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yes, so was mate, Cold Chisel Casan the Minute work Land down Under Cricket Australia themes. Yeah like it Rights Wing song reveal tomorrow morning at eight to get voting. Jodey and Hazy on Instagram.
Speaker 8: We're gone back in time on this daisy.
Speaker 1: Yeah you bet you Billy Bob, it's time for on this days Thursday, eighteenth of January, let's take a little trip back to nineteen ninety five Yahoo dot com domain was created. Well, there you go, and Yahoo early days was the absolute shizzle and then it got aggressively replaced by Google. Yeah, and then these absolute little cretent search domain started popping up like Bing, oh Bing.
Speaker 3: You had no role not to stay any landing.
Speaker 1: Seriously, stay inside, don't even turn up to the party. You jump on the being. You're like, oh, I'm interested to see what's going on with this train open. I'm gonna type in Alex dimen or It's like, yeah, I don't know Alex dimen or is it Hey, here's Alex Demitriad's like that makes no sense. Being. I'm not into this at all. That is what it is. Take it or leave it, Like, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna absolutely want up here. I'm going to I from of Bing and I'm going to bing Google, and then Google's going to come up. I'm going to press on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And yet, in a twist of absolute irony, if you were to search on Being for nineties so part robs, it would come up the Australian Open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly right. It's why it is completely confused. God Two, the United Nations announced George Cloney as a UN Messenger of peace. We're going to look back at George Clooney's time. You like that bloke was pretty force.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that a case of nepotism because his wife obviously served as legal counsel in the un I don't.
Speaker 1: Really know what nepotism means. Serious, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Okay, So let me came to picture for you.
Speaker 4: If you were, for example, to get your son Henry a job as a casanova here at Nova, that's nepotism because you're getting your family a job somewhere because you work there.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I mean? Henrys meeting, get him a job at the Big Wedgies. But if you were to explain to him it's not my company, it's.
Speaker 3: Still kind of nepotism.
Speaker 1: Twenty eighteen, a rescue drone was used for the first time in straight Lennox Head in New South Wales to save swimmers struggling in heavy syrup. What about the humble drone and just how far it's come. Speaking of my son Henry, we got him a helicopter drone thing for Christmas, and I hope it's not this thing. It costs like sixty bucks. Oh right, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so awesome. Yeah, I'm scared of drones. Remember that time we were trying to film Handball blessed. It went for your ankle and it went got me good on the ankle.
Speaker 1: Drone came down bit Jody Tree on the ankle. It's a good shot, ne once. I went January eighteenth and twenty seventeenth, star boy by the weekend. This bloke is an absolute phenomenon.
Speaker 3: I'm a mother Starboy. I can't say that
Speaker 5: I'm trying to put you in these murder