Speaker 1: We got get you morning every day, laid.
Speaker 2: My really, it is so time for it.
Speaker 3: He loves girl girl. Oh my gosh, ladies, please someone scratched this giant itch on the back of my elbow. Sure it's festering, that's red. But I've just got a hankering for a chicture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay. So this is if you haven't had it before, this is where we take those conversations that we as ladys have off the air and we bring it on the air, and we've got drop what a new Yeah, and inappropriately chime in every now and then. We've got Abby from the newsroom in your thirties, still living at home, trying to scratch together a deposit for a house. Which details do you want me to go in? Here?
Speaker 5: You usually start with are you single this week or not? Well, I don't know if you change.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's a fluid situation. Now it changes weekly, so that's not my fault.
Speaker 2: We've got Zoe produces Zoe year.
Speaker 4: I've recently gone through a little breakup but is regrouping. Very career driven and we love.
Speaker 2: You, thank you. Okay.
Speaker 4: So the off air chat that we were having Abby and I in particular this week was we were getting ready to go to Pink and we just really started to drill down on how nasty we were to ourselves.
Speaker 2: In our own heads. And we live in such a comparison culture.
Speaker 4: Now, and so my experience was, I had this outfit that I'd ordered online.
Speaker 2: I thought that would be nice to wear.
Speaker 4: It's probably a little bit more revealing than I'd be more comfortable wearing normally, and so I put it on and I walked out to the lounge.
Speaker 2: Room and my husband sort of looked at me and didn't say anything.
Speaker 4: Now, knowing my husband, he was just probably thinking about the you know, NHL hockey scores. It had nothing to do with me or my body or the way I looked. But I spent the whole time in the cab on the way to Pink, just going what does that look mean?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Does he think that I'm too old to pull that look off?
Speaker 2: Does he think that my body is not good enough to pull that look on?
Speaker 4: So I really just twenty minutes thinking about it, when, oh my god, it was probably just hungry I did it.
Speaker 3: You know, do you know what he's thinking. He's sitting there, there's eyes pointing in different directions, a bit of drool coming out the side of his mouth, and he's thinking, I definitely want a piece of toast, but do I want peanut? But or do I want jams? I can't make my mind me And there's Jodey in the cab.
Speaker 2: Why I hate that you've nailed it.
Speaker 4: But you were getting ready for Pink and you were saying that you went through exactly the same thing I did.
Speaker 6: So I rushed home and I had work on that day, and so I didn't really have time to do a proper light look through of what I was gonna wear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then obviously it was really hot.
Speaker 6: It was thirty six degrees like it was boiling, And so I'm going through our wardrobe and you know, you're getting things out. I've got ten minutes essentially to get something organized and get in the car and go.
Speaker 5: I can't find anything that I like.
Speaker 6: I don't feel good. It's just I was in a real mood. I was in a real abby mood. We all know what would happen then, but I sort of had a bit of a got in the car with my friend and she said, you are right, and I said, nah, I said, and I.
Speaker 5: Just had to be ran.
Speaker 6: I said, I feel crap at the moment, and she said, it's the weather.
Speaker 5: I feel the same.
Speaker 6: I don't like what I'm wearing either, and I look back now, I've got heaps of videos of pink. I didn't have a photo with my friends because I didn't like how I looked and I was and luckily in the end, I ended up wearing this yellow dress. It was really flowy, so luckily I did because obviously it was so hot. But I just sort of went, when am I going to stop doing this? Every time I go to an event. Every time I go to something, it's two, three, sometimes twenty four hours of berating myself in my head, going well, what am I going to wear?
Speaker 5: Because I look, I'll just look crap.
Speaker 3: Can I just jump in for an expert opinion here? It sounds like the issue is pink.
Speaker 6: That's the funny thing was though, is that Jodie and I are talking about this in the office yesterday and we're going on about how hard it is to pick clothes and how you feeling all this, and there's Hazy sitting back in his chair looking at himself in the mirror.
Speaker 5: I'm going, God, I look good. I'm I'm looking at myself, going, god, I look good.
Speaker 7: He was wearing a muscle doe, like I love.
Speaker 3: It's got to work outrow because I say that all oh my god, she's.
Speaker 4: Saying that when your legs spread, you were in front of the mirror, you were fletting, and you were.
Speaker 2: Just like, I am there. What Be'sney?
Speaker 3: You've never sat down and look yourself in the mirror and started winking at yourself?
Speaker 2: Do you do it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I'm a serial outfit changer. My friends hate getting ready with me to go anywhere because I've change out it seven times because I'm not happy with it. Yeah, but I have noticed when I was in a relationship, I didn't do it as much. Now that I'm single, I'm like, oh god, I have to I have to know what I'm wearing everywhere I go, which I think comes into the comparison thing, because now I suddenly care what I look like amongst people, Whereas when I was an ship, I was like, ah, well he's stuck now, you know. So it's like, yeah, I'm definitely victim to it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's not. I've had a woman say to me, befo, why are you even putting on makeup? Why do you care?
Speaker 4: You've got a husband like you should be relaxed and happy about the whole thing. Yeah, this is the question thirteen twenty four ten, And you're stuck in this comparison culture.
Speaker 2: You can tea.
Speaker 4: I'm neually berating yourself because you don't feel like you stack up or you measure up to everyone else.
Speaker 2: Internet hasn't helped on that front.
Speaker 5: And if you don't do it, then how do you stop this?
Speaker 6: Because I'm at the point where, once I have children, I don't want to pass this on to my daughter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want her to be like, oh, you.
Speaker 6: Know, I've always got to be worried about what we're wearing because we've always got you know, how do you stop this?
Speaker 2: Dating twenty four to ten? Get involved? Chit chat?
Speaker 3: Also, how else did pink hurt you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: And let's go to Kelly.
Speaker 4: Hey, kel Bhi, do you understand exactly what we're talking about?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 11: My gosh, yes, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: So what happened with you?
Speaker 11: I went to Taylor Spoop for my daughter and I'm fifty two and I didn't know what to wear and took so many outfits to carry it all and yeah, and then when we'll go out, you can't see my bed to the water, clothes up tried on, and it's shocking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'd love to hear from people who have a solution to this dilemma. But I don't think you're alone, kel If that makes you feel any better, no, possibly.
Speaker 7: The word part ever of changing up it's a hundred times is coming home to the mess. Yeah, oh my god, close all over the bed, on the floor, and then that's the whole problem.
Speaker 4: He's coming home to the mess and then realizing that you still weren't happy with you.
Speaker 3: And I still hated the outt but also my rot and saying as well. And fake tan, fake tan everywhere.
Speaker 2: On the sheets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you can be really shot that shots fired at your wife there.
Speaker 3: It's what I've experienced, situations where I got a bit of fake tan very occasionally.
Speaker 2: Not you sure sure?
Speaker 3: That's a Scottish skin shining through.
Speaker 12: Shelley.
Speaker 4: Hey, Shelley, Hey, Hey, going good? Are you into beating yourself up as well.
Speaker 8: On a daily basis? Probably because I'm overweight as well, so that doesn't help. But yeah, on the daily I'm so particular about how I look and present the people. So yeah, and I think more so if I'm feeling unhappy. Yeah, I used to do it more so actually when I was married and after validation, I say how do I look? And I wouldn't get it. And so one day I'll tell you I find a quick funny story. One day I came out naked, just holding my hand and said, I'm ready, how do I look?
Speaker 12: And he was on his PlayStation?
Speaker 8: How unusual and years ago? And its great? I said, all right, come on there, he likes to look after that.
Speaker 4: This is all making sense because you are from Mezle's Beach.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Leo Leo.
Speaker 4: Are you stuck in this comparison culture rush?
Speaker 13: Yes and no. So if I'm going to the shop, sorry, If I'm just like going anywhere, I would just say, Adam sand like, baggy shorts, baggy bur hair. And when I go out like that, when I'm just you know, in the shop that has had his mindset of I don't really care what anybody thinks. I'm going out for drinks with the girls or at dinner or anywhere where you know people dress up sports. I have to be dressed to the absolute hills, or I either won't go or I would have the worst time because the whole time thinking about my outfits, feeling really insecure. But on the same hand, I can go out with saggy clothes, no makeup, really really really messy hair. Yeah, feel fine. It's really just my environment.
Speaker 5: Is funny, both of them.
Speaker 4: It's so funny the way our minds were. And did you know, Andrew Hayes, most people probably not. You have twenty six thousand thoughts a day, Twenty six thousand thoughts go through your mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a true fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty six thoughts.
Speaker 2: This is where it has for you.
Speaker 4: Most of those thoughts are repeat from the day before, so you're just replaying in your brain over and over and over all the messaging that you've ever had in your life.
Speaker 3: As well. And this is I think we're all programmed like this. Let's say, and I know you are jokes. Let's say you're reading something and say it's comments on Facebook or something.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If there's one hundred positive comments, yeah, and one negative one, what do you what do you walk away thinking about?
Speaker 2: You cling onto the negative one.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Do you know why we do that though. Again, this is another psychological fact for you. That's because back in caveman days, if we see a tiger, you are trained in your brain to hold onto that thought there's a tiger and I'm in danger, and that will prompt the flight or fight response.
Speaker 2: So that's why you.
Speaker 4: Cling onto that one bad thought, because it's a survival method.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got twenty six in my head.
Speaker 6: I said, I must have twenty six thousand tigers in my head.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but hot.
Speaker 2: Tiger's sexy, stealthy ones.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 7: It's like Mindy used to say, people remember how you made them feel, not what you say.
Speaker 3: Wise mother, you've got there, Yeah, very wise, that's it.
Speaker 2: Nothing else to us.
Speaker 4: Let's let's not reduce women to what they look. So think very carefully about what you're about to say.
Speaker 3: Read my thoughts now.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's where.
Speaker 7: You're waking up to Adelaide News today, your posts.
Speaker 4: This is where we really drill down on all the big news stories that are happening overnight. It's got Abbey in the newsroom first and foremost. You've got a vaping scandal.
Speaker 6: I have a vaping scandal for you. So a little embarrassing for the federal government. I don't think they did their due diligence, let's say, but they've essentially recruited around six TikTok stars to their first said, they've recruited them to essentially share misinformation about vaping across profiles. As we know, you know, there wasn't really ever a lot of evidence as to what vaping can do to your system and your body. But obviously when you're putting chemicals into your body not ideal anyway. So they've recruited these TikTok stars to try and drop vaping in students and in kids, because that's where we're seeing it the most. Fairbarn fair Ben, however you say his last name, he is originally for murray Bridge, and he's got around one hundred and thirty two thousand TikTok followers and Instagram followers. Okay, he has been spotted or essentially snapped with a vape in his hand or as late as December last year. So he's come on board for this campaign, but he's been caught vaping. Now, obviously we all make mistakes and we all learn, and he's saying that vaping he thought was fine and was safe and you know, obviously he's wanting to now come on board and to share that information with other people and other kids between fourteen and twenty.
Speaker 5: But yeah, a little bit embarrassing for the federal government.
Speaker 2: So he's larned since December.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he's had a good couple of months to think about the fact that the government had got to pay him a lot of money to say he doesn't vote.
Speaker 6: That's absolutely correct, that's my thought process.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the absolute nerd burglars at the federal government who was sitting around being like, how are we going to do this? And someone goes, well, we need some TikTok stars and the majority of them go well, first of all, what is TikTok? Yes, I don't know what that is. And then the next meeting was about oh, we need an anti smoking campaign. One's like, well, this guy seems pretty cool. What's his name, Snoop Dogg? Give him some cash. I don't think he's smokes.
Speaker 6: Not to get or not to get on my high horse or have a rant. But I don't understand. Okay, yes, you know TikTok, that's what all the kids are on. I get that. But like the AFL with the Taron Thomas stuff and the domestic violent stuff. You've got an opportunity here, as a massive organization within our country to stand up and go, hey, we're not going to do this. Now, I'm more likely to have more respect for them if all of the AFL could have come out and really done something here and gone, we will not stand for this, and they haven't, and now we'd go, oh yeah, let's go to TikTok stars to put out misinformation about vaping. Get some of the bigger names that kids know to get out there and get this message out there that it's not okay to put chemicals in your body.
Speaker 14: C ah Ol debate, isn't it? Apps her main sports stars, whether they like it or not. A genuine role model. So if I mean, pay her all the money in the world. If you had Sam Kerr saying something like that, kids will listen absolutely. TikTok douche.
Speaker 4: Musy Yeah about this for a bit of a Formula one scandal. So Christian Horner he is the head of Red Bull, the racing company, racing team whatever they call. He is also the husband of Spice Girl Jerry Halliwell. He has been cleared of any inappropriate behavior after there was a sext probe. So basically a woman came out and said, he has sent me inappropriate text messages.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go, Adam Levane aires, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Real, Adam Levine vibes to it and yes, So they've done a three month investigation, they've employed the services of an independent lawyer from London and he has been cleared of any wrongdoing. Well, however, I just feel in this space, if that mud is thrown at you, then some of it's always going to stick, isn't it. Yeah, yeah, particularly if you're Jerry Halliwell, and that's your husband.
Speaker 2: He's been accused of sexting someone else.
Speaker 3: Of course, key message. If you want to be my lover, stop texting other women. You do for goodness sake.
Speaker 2: That's what those lyrics say.
Speaker 3: You don't get with my friends.
Speaker 2: If it's a sexting thing.
Speaker 6: Interesting because obviously sexting there's evidence.
Speaker 2: It's not just he said. She said, well surely they did.
Speaker 4: It's in black whir You're absolutely right having got you're the voice of reason this morning.
Speaker 5: I've had more than two hours sleep, so I'm on fire.
Speaker 3: Absolutely on you, Susie. Let's wrap this up. With a little bit of sports news. How did the Matildas go last night? Did they get over the line? Oh? That's right, they won ten zip against It was Bekistan.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, that is ridiculous. Who scored Sam Curtin play?
Speaker 3: Did she Sam Curtin play? So I dare say if she did play that they.
Speaker 2: Were seventy ye.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous cos it means they've officially qualified at the Claros Olympics. Yep, it was never a doubt. But I watched the league in Zbekistan last week and it was nil or half time, right, I thought, is this a bit of a danger game? And then the girls came out at halftime and it was like they were training. They were laughing, they were carrying on. I thought, geez, girls get serious. But they knew that they were about to absolutely smack them, so they could afford to stuff around.
Speaker 4: I saw one of the girl, I can't remember her name, but she made her deboo and scored on daboo.
Speaker 2: Of course, wouldn't that be.
Speaker 3: Fun, very very nice to see? What it Zbekistan? That's the side to do it? Oh yeah, surprise you didn't get a double. That's a post at snooze news. Joe, I was just going to throw this out there. Ever been done cheating? Oh, Jervy, Jerry, No, not that sort of cheating. I mean, have you ever been exposed for trying to, I don't know, twist the law in your advantage if you know it?
Speaker 2: Not at least in the last twenty four hours night.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, you've made at least thirty six hours.
Speaker 8: Good for you.
Speaker 3: Let's go to one of the most wondrous places on the planet, and that's Island. A woman and I lost more than eight hundred thousand dollars in an injury lawsuit stemming from a car crash after photos showed her launching a Christmas tree during a post holiday competition. And also on top of that, she won the event, so she.
Speaker 4: Got disability compo. And then she went into a tree throwing contests off.
Speaker 3: The back of a car crash. She was set to earn herself for a really nice paypack eight hundred K about to enter her account, and all of a sudden, some photos submerge of her being insanely athletic as well. Okay, because when you're tossing a Christmas tree, trust me, they're not small they're big boys, and she wasn't there just to make up the numbers.
Speaker 4: She won the dawn event, and if she didn't think that she was going to make the local paper for that feat either and alert the workers' compensation people.
Speaker 2: What an igit or an edgit? Yes, as they say over there, what a big edget.
Speaker 3: It's not fat. That's a very good accent. I mean, what's the price do you put on winning a prestigious competition like that? Though probably valued about a million bucks. So maybe she's come out on top. I didn't get completely exposed, but I feel like I got done by karma. Okay twelve when I cheated twice in my PDHP exam. So what you do is you put notes in your back pocket. Yeah, and then you go to go to the toilet. Okay, So and the guys who are watching you, they can't go into the toilet, so they hang out at the front of the bathrooms, wouldn't it, and you check your notes. I did that twice, and I strutted back down and I'd never been more confident in my life. Yeah, this test got the result back sixty percent. Okay, how was that even possible? How can you cheat? Twice in a test and return a score of sixty percent.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what does that say about your cerebral capacity when you're cheating it in.
Speaker 2: An exam twice and you get sixty percent.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what the hell cerebral man, Your brain.
Speaker 5: Your brain?
Speaker 2: You ben get jit.
Speaker 3: Already had two pieces of toast with vegimi.
Speaker 2: I know because you left a big mess in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you for that feedback. That's very, very welcome. What about this the veggie knife. Veggiemite has released something called the veggie Knife. It is a double ended knife with one end specifically for butter and the other for veggimi. The Vegieknife was born from a Google survey conducted in twenty twenty where Veggiemi pulled those who had consumed Veggimite within the four weeks prior and found that fifty eight percent of Aussies find unwanted butter in the Veggimi jar. And I'll tell you what, I am absolutely one of those who's contributing to the unwanted butter category.
Speaker 4: You would be that guy, Yeah, you're that guy, and you're up there with the guy who doesn't put his trolley back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the market big time. Sometimes I get butter stuck in the trolley and I leave the trolley like hundreds of meats away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, supermarket.
Speaker 3: So I've got butter on my face right now, there's butter on my elbow.
Speaker 2: So let me let me this how This is how it works.
Speaker 4: Like one end you dip in your butter and then you flip it around around and use the other end for the vege.
Speaker 2: You might, yes, so as there's not cross pollination, is that right?
Speaker 3: Can also be used in street fights. But that's not what they're marketing. That's a different little hack.
Speaker 2: It's certainly not what we're endorsing either.
Speaker 3: That's what we're talking about. Thirteen and twenty four to ten. Let's do it. Give us your best life hacks. There's some good ones out there. I'm sure you've got a couple of good ones.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: The one that I've learned recently, and I can't believe I've spent so many years on the planet without knowing this. But if you've got a jar and you can't open it, if you tap on it with a knife or with your finger, suddenly it just goes.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it does. It releases all the air and you can just go bop oh, and you can open the jar.
Speaker 3: I did not know that it's cooling it because for all these years you're probably just getting Greg yeah, and Greg's like twisting it and You're like, Greg, you're twisting it the wrong way.
Speaker 4: You may get tighter, I know, but also a real opportunity for him to flex, like, oh you need a man, do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just roll off his T shirt just so I can see his biceps bold as he opens the jar.
Speaker 3: Amanda.
Speaker 2: He doesn't need that. I don't need that from him anymore.
Speaker 3: I've got one for you, which I reckon a lot of people know. But there's still a lot of people who are fascinated when we make our breakfast in the kitchen, and that is scrambling your eggs in the microwave.
Speaker 2: Oh you love it.
Speaker 3: Did everyone know about this?
Speaker 4: I didn't know about it until I started working with you. Absolutely not. And I'm so sad that I've been doing breakfast radio for so long and I did not know this hack.
Speaker 3: You do a very good job because I think you throw a little of milk in there as well.
Speaker 2: Maybe milk don't better and a bit of salt and pepper and away.
Speaker 3: You go, all of a sudden. So for me, three eggs, whisk it up, two minutes in the microwave, a bit of chit chat in between there all of a sudden, it's an old microwave. Well feel the radiation. But then bang, delicious breakfast. It tastes pretty good.
Speaker 4: You throw some beans with ham sauce on that plate and a slice of bread and it's literally.
Speaker 2: Like you're in a cafe.
Speaker 3: See what I'd charge sixteen bucks for? That would absolutely no one say bucks to the coffee as well, say tooday, I have a latta for an a cafe.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Shane, give us your life hack.
Speaker 15: Yes, you can also do like the poached eggs too, with a bit of boiling water in the microwave too as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Beautyeah, nice and nice and dell in the center. Nice.
Speaker 2: Hang on, wait, sorry, Shane.
Speaker 4: So you boil the water in the kettle first, and then you put the egg in it, and then in the microwave.
Speaker 15: Either way you can either do hot water if you've got a handy, or you just boil it up first. Then you put the eggs in there. Yeah, and you put them in with a spoon. Yeah, and then yeah, you cook them over. I think it's literally like forty seconds and they come out beautiful. They look like poached eggs.
Speaker 3: What's incredible? What about this guy, Shane? Are you in a relationship?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I am a marriage marriage for fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: Can I just say she's a lucky lady, isn't she?
Speaker 2: What else you got, Shane? Have you got another one?
Speaker 15: You have when you cook at a barbecue and you've got marinated, like your marinated chicken or anything else, a bit of baking paper first, it soaks up all the marinades into the meat rather than on the barbecue plate, and you finish them off on a barbecue plate. The best, the best meat you eat.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, well done, Because I am that guy who blackens the absolute hell out of the chickens and then cleaning up the barbecue afterwards is a night man.
Speaker 4: And can I say, as a woman who's gone to the trouble to go to as a supermarket and buy the said chicken when you burn it on the barbecue.
Speaker 2: Which was your one job which to wear our best? Yeah? Thank you, Shane. Let's go to Bradley. Kay, Bradley, Hey, how are you where?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 2: What's your life hack? Please?
Speaker 10: It's a pretty simple one for anyone that does chop up onions and they get watery eyes or tarry having a bowl of water next the way you're cutting basically all the chemicals. I guess they go straight to the bottle of water instead.
Speaker 15: Of the eye.
Speaker 3: You're nice, beautiful know that? Hey brother, Well I've got you any hacks for someone who their right eyes pretty much explode and in half it is completely read? Do you know how to fix that?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Thank you? Bradley. Appreciate that at least he didn't say, we're a patch.
Speaker 3: Just an idea. Is no such thing as any your bad ideas?
Speaker 2: Okay, except for that one. Jane, good morning, what's your life hack?
Speaker 12: Good morning everyone. My life hack I discovered when I'd been on this planet for half a century, and it is essentially the the foil and the glad wrap boxes have two fold in flats that you can fold in and it holds the role in place so that when you pull the foil or the glad wrap out, it doesn't fall out.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, when you pull the glad rap out hazy and like the whole thing tumbles.
Speaker 2: Out at the next minute. You've glad wrapped yourself.
Speaker 3: The battles that I've had with glad Wrap and the wastage as well.
Speaker 2: What's the scoreline be, glad rash.
Speaker 3: I think it's about sixteen to one. Yeah, okay, in favor of glad Wrap.
Speaker 2: I never knew that, Jane. That's outstanding. So just push it in and it stays in place and then you can pull it out without tramp. Yeah, exactly so much this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cool, Jane, just helping each other out with some of these hacks.
Speaker 2: On half of glad lovers everywhere, we applaud you, Jane.
Speaker 3: Good job. Also, look, please continue this conversation thirteen twenty fourteen or send us a texto fall double nine one nine, specifically the acts for people's les latter on the verge of exploding. We'll also accept you your best patches and where to buy a patch. Cheers. Yes, this is a context where two really fierce musical gladiators go head to head. The try and set up your weekend the right way.
Speaker 4: The Battle of the Banger's score sits a three apiece at the moment. Now We have a theme each week, and this week's theme is leap leep because of course.
Speaker 5: It's a leap here.
Speaker 3: Okay. Now, what you try and do with our themes is you try and think outside the box. You try to be a little bit clever. Example, last week the theme was fringe. Since I straight away I thought, oh, a fringe festival and you and no, no, no, okay, how about this? Then the most famous fringe in the business sea Yes, and you won.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's called being creative? Sweeting?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, have you been creative again this week?
Speaker 4: It's sweety Well I kind of have, because if you look into it, a group of leopards is actually called a leap.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 4: So when you think of leopards, you think of death leopard, right yeah, And then when you think of death leopard, you think of pour some sugar on me.
Speaker 3: Okay, damn it, I hate that. I love yourself good enough. Don't like that. I love your song. Okay. I'm a simple creature. And when you say leap, I think jump yep, so I've gone down the house of pain direction. Okay, pour some sugar, death lepper to be jump around and buy a house of pain and you'll jump it around as we speak.
Speaker 2: I don't hate it.
Speaker 3: I think we have a genuine mutual respect this week for each other's.
Speaker 4: So because I thought you were going to go Van Halen jump and that or would have hated Yeah, Hale fan.
Speaker 3: Okay, we've only got room for one genuine old school song. I reckon this is still old school, but not super old school. Yeah, okay, you only hear a lot of death lepit on nov That's right. I'm all for it, don't you know enough?
Speaker 2: We need to bump up the numbers? Can this be the week that we play both?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Are you torn out?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm so tall?
Speaker 3: It was a genuine fifty to fifty vote. Wouldn't that be glorious?
Speaker 4: All right, let's everyone jump on the Joddy and Hazy Instagram page plays and cast your vote in whichever direction you choose.
Speaker 3: Please choose mine, which ever direction you want to, but definitely going Jody's direction. Winning song revealed tomorrow morning at eight. Yes, speaking of bang its Bee fifty two is a love shack. This is our party song this morning for Jodi and Hazy's Fringe Fiesta fourteenth of March. Check the We're going to have a big old party DJ Party tunes and what at this history of house is going to be there as a special guest. We don't mind. So if you want to come along, we'll get with some VIP tickets. You give us a call thirteen to twenty four ten. As soon as you hear this song, it's so bit in.
Speaker 12: Very nice.
Speaker 3: It heads up. It'll definitely play before eight o'clock. Did you know we spoke about this the other day. The big Wedgie is supposed to pull up stumps the first of April. Okay, we sat here and gosh, we had a few complaints about that. Yeah, it's too hot for that, because it's too good. It's too good to pull up stumps this early. So how can we extend this out just.
Speaker 2: Like well, especially because it'll shut before the school holidays. Yes, is the thing.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, isn't it? So we thought, why aren't we bringing the big dogs? And that is maybe the number one consumers and that is definitely my son Henry. He's five years old and I reckon he's been there upwards of six or seven times, just gets better every year every time. So he has penned a very very personal letter to the owners and proprietors of the Big Weggie and let's see if this makes any sort of.
Speaker 9: Difference the Biggie I might love you the most. I think we so keep you open for longer because you.
Speaker 3: Make me honey.
Speaker 9: Also, you should let me go down the Big Chuck up one hundred times.
Speaker 2: It's all set, Love Henny.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, guys at the Big Weggi, if you're not going to keep it open after that, then you just sold us. I mean, my son is begging you, yeah, to go down the Big Chucker more than five times.
Speaker 2: And should we be concerned that your son can't say his own name properly? Love Henny.
Speaker 11: Or Henny.
Speaker 3: So there you go, Owners of the Big Weggi, if you're listening, is there's something we can do? Can we extend this little stay because the people have spoken? Yes, they have any represents the people.
Speaker 2: Yes, he does.
Speaker 3: It's out there now of a generation. Let's see what happens. Okay, we at least extended out a few more weeks. Yeah, Joe's biggest show of Adelaide Fringe. Of course, he's the twenty seven club, very very happy to say. Returning to gluttony and it is back. So when we're talking some of these names, we're talking Sarah MacLeod, the Super Jesus if you don't mind, Kevin Mitchell, Bob Evans and jebbed Dyah and alsay. Good friend of mine, Dusty Lee Stevenson, who I've said for a long time there's some quality musicians based in Adelaide. Dusty might be right at the top.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, guys are in the student they joined us get.
Speaker 4: Good morning, and you say Dusty is a very good friend. However, we've just ascertained that you pretty much asked him to perform at your wedding.
Speaker 2: And what was the response, Andrew, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think there was a response to which we took that as a note even worse than.
Speaker 16: I know, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like I can't even be bothered to write back. That's how we sweet. No, yet we're still on the show.
Speaker 16: Yeah, if it's any consolations to any of my.
Speaker 3: I got distracted by something that immediately happened after I.
Speaker 13: Would have opened the message, Yes, that's exactly what I want to do with my life right now, and then something else would have happened that moment.
Speaker 5: Yea practice on a whole Yeah, just forks and road sloting doors all the time.
Speaker 3: Yes, or a better offer on that same day from.
Speaker 2: Sarah.
Speaker 4: We grew up with a super Jesus floody love you and all your work?
Speaker 14: Oh cool?
Speaker 2: You You still get people just hitting you up about the band, weddings and stuff all the time. I just ignore them.
Speaker 16: How old are those questions?
Speaker 3: Make you feel soad?
Speaker 5: How old are those emails?
Speaker 2: More to the point, you know, we'll be doing a long time tell us about what audiences can expect from it.
Speaker 16: It's called the twenty seven Club, and so obviously we're celebrating the music created by the artists who tragically left us at the age of twenty seven, Jennie Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Kirk Cobain and Amy Winehouse. The music is incredible, and I think the thing that you know, draws me to it as a performer is it's not like a cheesy tribute show where we dress up like the singers and we try and be The thing.
Speaker 2: Is I was going to do that this year.
Speaker 16: Brown Classes, but yeah, we tried, you know, respectfully pay tribute to the songs and the artists without mimicking them.
Speaker 2: It's like a lesson in rock history too. It's quite educational.
Speaker 3: That's excellent. Cheers. This is really going to hurt. You said, it's not about dressing up and being cheese and all these times you're going to win. Well, we just sort of. I've just got a good mate who's actually working the cameras here and nobody's names camera guy Josh. We put together a bit of an audition we'd like you guys to have. Yeah, if it's okay, can you still have a look at it and gives your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Am I about to lose my job?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Am I about to lose my temper? So sorry in advance. Sorry about my friends.
Speaker 3: Given as well. Like you said, it's not about getting in costume and being cheese and all the smart take it out, get straight to it for I'm just gonna press this little button. Hi, guys, this is my man Buckets. My name is Andrew Hyes, and this is my audition for the twenty seventh Club Dustin soupd and bleach.
Speaker 1: There's a watt you to be, there's a trend, there's a friend, there's an old man Marie Mam, we'll as swear up. Don't have a gun. No, don't have a gun. No, I don't have a gun.
Speaker 2: Okay can we say the experts to it?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: The important thing? Did you have fun? Because not not even that you've sang really and shut. I mean you're seeing it, you've been, you're doing it. You still got it, mate. You know a baud is to sing back in the day. Guess what nothing twenty seven club but tickets from Fringe Festival. Guys. Unbelievable stuff. Thank you so woe coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going back into On This Daisy, Ina, that's right, you heard the Thursday edition of On This Daisy.
Speaker 3: We would take a little trip down memory lane. We get to educate you and you can just throw some fun facts that your mats love that nineteen sixty On this day, that is the twenty ninth of February, the first Playboy club featuring Bunnies opens in Chicago. Racy, what about Hugh hef now one of the all time dirty birds. I know, like the dirtiest of the birds.
Speaker 2: I've just talked. Is he alive or dead?
Speaker 3: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: I just have one of those moments is he still with us? You've still a quick google? Oh he did?
Speaker 3: Passed on.
Speaker 2: Aged ninety one.
Speaker 3: Goodness, ninety one debautreous years.
Speaker 2: Gim me cram some fun into those ninety one.
Speaker 3: Years, don't Huey two thousand and one, Speedo closed down. There one remaining Australian factory in Sydney, and you can just bet that I Hugh Hefner was still alive right now and he was cruising the streets of Bondi if you wearing speed.
Speaker 2: O, oh he sure would.
Speaker 4: His cause of death was sepsis brought on by an E. Coli infection? Was that from that grotto?
Speaker 2: That's faba?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, you can't have imagined that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: It doesn't, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Twenty fourteen, Ellen DeGeneres her oscarself, you'd beat President Obama's retweet record on Twitter. That was quite iconic, wasn't That.
Speaker 2: Was a little bit before everyone came out and said she not.
Speaker 3: So nice, She's not fun in the end. Number one someone fed twenty nine, two thousand and six. He was promiscuous by Nelly Fiticado. How you doing, young lady? Felling that you give him really drags me three,