Speaker 1: Did Matt ask for your blessing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: He came over and asked, He said, can I ask? That's right? Both of you boys are nice? Ah, yeah, he did. He asked me. Did I how you did in my sleep? If I didn't remember?
Speaker 4: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 3: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Oh hey, guys, welcome to another week of Where's Your Head At. On today's episode, we are joined by my father in law, the one, the only, Mark Hembro. We're here to talk about his beautiful daughter, Tammy, the love of my life. Anna asked the questions that we all want to know the answers to. So that's enough from me, So let's hear from Mark. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Hello Grandpa Hembrow.
Speaker 3: Hello my father, and hello hello are you hi?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 4: Well, it's our Father's Day episode and we've had my dad on the podcast, We've had Matt sat on the podcast, and that is about to get married to the love of his life, your daughter, your daughter, So we thought we'd have the very famous Grandpa Hembrow on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome Everyone's famous. You know that? And pull the stars are in the sky. You know that too. It's great to be here, to be in this lovely studio. You've got no thank you.
Speaker 3: As soon as I called you and I was like, hey, do you want to jump on the podcast? You jumped at it. You were like anything you family? Yeah, exactly. Yeah, I didn't even need to. I thought I was gonna have to convince him, be like, hey, look, clak, I've got this Father's Day episode, dumb my dad the whole skill. You just sit. I thought I was gonna have to do that.
Speaker 1: But I'll bring you some week.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm quite approachable by most people. It's just a matter of it I say yes or not. It's absolutely pleasure.
Speaker 3: All right, Well we'll start off. Where's your head at? Mark?
Speaker 2: Where's my head at? Well, it's it's a fantastic space. Yeah, I'm just a fantastic walking miracle. I had to be here today. Love it my heads here asking you guys. See, I'm gramps. U tell me about your.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 2: You know everyone's got up when you asked me, you know, like, hey, Mark, would you like to. Of course, my instinct was straight away in a pleasure mate. Yeah, and I thought, oh, I better have a look at everything so that you know, I went to Greece and back and Michael, this your and I know all about eyebrow. You know that when you do that. I looked at all me quick. I did a quick.
Speaker 5: Grandpa, I've had my eyebrows today, and I thought, you know, I'm got Ronnie Howard's you know, I'm after my hairdresser and my Ronnie Howard, you know, Annihilator in about a week.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I checked. It was nice to look at your work.
Speaker 3: Thank you, appreciate you're saying that before you really well, you know, I'm an old.
Speaker 2: I suppose I'm a prostitute to the art all my life, you know, being being an actor in the theater and then all over the country and the films around the world, and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Well let's let's quit. Let's talk about's quickly touched on that. So for anyone who doesn't know Mark.
Speaker 2: A Young show, I'm ancients. I'm like an old piece of wood. But I'm coming back. I've been throwing in like a rough diamond. I've got a couple of films coming out. Blah blah blah. Graham is up to something.
Speaker 3: But yes, yes, sorry, I'm sorry. Yes, I was also training of thought. You have been in what films? You've been in a lot films in some of them you sent it to me before I was.
Speaker 2: I know that I knew you would have been because one of them.
Speaker 3: Isn't that still on Netflix? I was saying, something's on Netflix.
Speaker 2: At the other's stuff. There's stuff popping up around the place. But it's like I've I sort of quit the business for a few years purposely. I suppose the background. The best way is really without as questions. I suppose, and and for you, because you know, I suppose you know all of us where I come from. I started my career at the Royal Queens and Theater Company when I was eighteen, and I was touring all over the country with Arts Council tours. This is like a century ago, you know, when before we had anything like the Internet, and and and then I ended up in Sydney Theater Company at the Opera House, and then I ended up with Rookie Horror Show around the country there's a lot of ABC worker young doctors, you know, the grandpas and the Grandma's hello out there, all of us there with everybody.
Speaker 3: I were talking about this. My mom's best friend was talking about it, and she remembers you, I think from that as well.
Speaker 2: He was a dreadful character, that one really. Oh yes, well he was a learning He was like this just crazype. You play the roles you play, You play the role you've given. Then I had a very I was very blessed because I'd worked in the theater quite a lot, and then I ended up on television, in major television across the country at that time, and then I split that to go back to the theater a bit back forward and a lot of films. So I did about twenty three over the eighties and nineties, and then I quit the sort of business around two thousand for various reasons, and one of them was the girls, because I was looking after them full time. Yeah, and that was sort of like when Tammy was two, so I was, yeah, well we're in crumbin Valley then and she was going into preschool. And then wrote a couple of shows and they're sort of coming back age now but yeah, so my background was stared of film, television, blah blah blah, band rufflings, a lot of stuff that the moms and dads maybe.
Speaker 3: And what made you get into acting because your.
Speaker 2: Mom was I knew this girl.
Speaker 3: But was your mama cooking host or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah she was just a normal mom. She's just fabulous Sally.
Speaker 3: But she was on tea, I mean cooking.
Speaker 2: I mean my mum and dad were very blessed. You know where I come from with having them and moments, well, all it doesn't matter. Every every situation is different, isn't it with families and moms and dads. And again, like that I was saying before, if you build it on love, it doesn't matter. It gets through any storm, communication, be open for new things. But yeah, she was. She was married to my dad, who was a teacher, and and she was wanting to do extra money to make some money, so she started cooking because she was not as a good cook around as Grove and Brisbane way back, Sally Hembrow and anyway. So she had these I used to remember when I was about six, crawling through their feet, you know, around the house, which she's had these ladies lined up with all their showing them out of cook you know, the upside down Prune and that we've got cake whatever. And she was only a bit of money doing that. And the word got around Brisbane that there's this amazing cook. So Channel nine ranger up and said Sally, would you be interested in doing a show And they said, off, you go go and get some sponsors and I would like you to do a show. And she ran a show for I think it was about about twelve twelve years, four days a week. She was a for runner in you for Queensland Girls because she was just to me like a real old fashioned mum, just lovely you know. My dad was the same, like where they were. Yeah, So she did the show and then it grew into a show where she was doing interviews and called Living Graciously based to call it Living Dangerously with Sally Eyebrow, and it was living you know, And yeah, I'm very proud of her in a way. And dad because he used to write out all the copy. You know, are they going to say? A channel mind for many years and at that time Sigared Thoughton who's in Snowy, one of her mum was in Brisbane too. That was the two girls in Brisbane that were stirring in the pot for the girls. So it's sort of interesting we've got this takeover of women, matthewmber girls for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's you that did that. I take notes literally, Well let's touch on that. So you had obviously Amy, Emily and the beautiful Tammy, and so you said you raised them by yourself.
Speaker 2: You their mum. Their mum was great mum, and it was lovely and we just had an arrangement that that I took them and as opposed to it in those days, it was always the mum.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And she went on to have a new partner and have children and and I raised three girls from when I when Tammy was four, because I remember that it was like preschool. So I got, yeah, I got I got the and you know, it's fantastic. Really I was blessed.
Speaker 3: What was a life single dad with three girls. I could imagine that being a headache.
Speaker 2: It was good, It really wasn't, you know. I Mean the neighbors used to say I had a loud voice because you're like, come and get it or whatever you like, like a farm, and it was look, you know what, it was a delight. It was just one thing after other things, and things that happened in life that probably would have got me down in other ways and in the way they pick you up. So I was just touching on that because I'm doing a documentary as well as a film. It's just almost completed, coming soon, and I was touching on that in the documentary, which is not about the girls, but about how, you know, certain events that affected me and I had to look after him full time. And you know, people say, oh, Mark, hey, going at Crumb and Valley. They're lovely. Crumb and Valley really put them through Crumber Valley School. Yeah, and you know the tuck shop. Mums and myself and a lot of people would say Matthew like, hey, now that's great, and how you're doing that on your own blah blah blah blah blah. And I say, well, there's hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of women doing that every day. They see your mom's And I said, you know, and they said, yeah, but you're a guy. And I said, you know what, any guy, and I know you would you know, any guy that if he was put in that situation or it's going to be you know, what happened at that time? You all stand up to it, Step up everybody.
Speaker 3: She's told me some fond memories from back then, like asking the ice cream shop they had like the peppers or something, the chili peppers chill, Yeah, they call them stuff something like that, and they would like or something. Yeah, we had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I dropped all the work though. See that's what it really entailed.
Speaker 3: But you're a musician as well, because you've Yeah, mainly it's mainly been for fun.
Speaker 2: But I'm writing stuff and feature film that I'm writing, director and acting.
Speaker 3: And you're quite talented, like I've seen you on the piano.
Speaker 2: On the everyone's got talents. It's just a musician. You can learn. Anybody can learn. Just get a cork six hundred and I show a few chords and they play themselves, your rangers.
Speaker 1: This could be little bonding, you.
Speaker 2: Know when we get pushed into the corner by all the girls.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was talking to Annam before and we were like, what are we gonna What are we gonna ask Mark? Like, you know, we're going to ask him about relationship advice and all that sort of stuff. And I said that you were the other day. You were giving me some relationship a vice, and I was like, I don't know how this is going to go down when I go home and tell my fiance. You were saying to get my on my home.
Speaker 2: Man, I really wasn't saying that. I just saw you just stressed, going like I haven't got room right now, like planning the seed of the you know that Australian tradition of you can have you know, a garage or a shed so when you get married. So I grew up in that environment, even though they never did that. They just need to be together or they'd argue and be together again. That's pretty And yeah, it wasn't It wasn't huge. It was just a bit. Yeah. I think everyone goes through all that stuff. I don't know because I haven't been, you know, in one relationship or whatever that long. But yeah, I just I just said that, you know, look, if it's getting too much around, just get a space, you know, in the in the place. And that's what I did when the girls, when they were little and I was trying to work as well, I just go into the garage, take my computer in there, shut the door. Girls could come in here.
Speaker 3: Out, do you reckon that life? When I bring that to Tammy, you could be there for me. Get it over.
Speaker 2: I don't know you'll be watching this. I deny it. I did not say that at all. I'm here to just humor you all into a lovely journey of life together. Look as as your father, which I listened to, like, you do your best, you see in life with kids or kids, and so you're always adjusting. So in that sense, it's like what we say, like your dad, you just got to let everyone decide themselves and then be there if they fall over, We'll just tell them you love them, you know, and then let you all decide what you want to do yourself. So is that all right, Tammy? I can't tell them, Tammy, I can't tell any of my girls what to do.
Speaker 3: Well, we got some questions. Obviously it's Father's day, so we're going to kids. Here's some questions about before we touch into some other stuff about relationships, Questions about quick ones. You said you loved all the kids, all that sort of stuff. Who was the most difficult though growing up?
Speaker 2: They also at their moments, you know, like it's more about attitude and how to deal with it. Who was blessed. I was really blessed because I'm pretty good. I had no rivalry with the boys, you know, like in that sense, we're no boys. I mean I think boys would be hard to raise. I heard that, you know, and your father talking, you know, like talking, I mate, and you know, like I thought, I thought, you know, like they're pretty good. Yeah, you know, they play with themselves a lot and happy long as they had their dollies and they had this and that, and I gave them a bit of room to move. That's why it was out in the valley. That a fabulous school, you know. I mean there's ninety people in the school and I had eleven teachers. So they had a lot of cows out the back and frogs in the pond and platypuses in the creek. You know, lovely fabulous.
Speaker 4: Really, what advice do you have from that as a dad, because you've obviously raised three.
Speaker 2: Stick with the theme. Make sure you've got a little garage. Just leap in. I have patients, Just leap in. Have a laugh. You got a laugh. But that's life. It's not just it's all of us, you know, it gets what it does. Everybody's life. Good moments and bad moments.
Speaker 3: I think you touched on this when you joined the good Ones.
Speaker 2: When it's bad, just rides the storm, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you told me this when you said when you brought up the man powd or the Bachelor part, whatever you want to say, you said that, like, I fall in love with this lady, but she has like three kids with it, and I've been thrown into this thing where I've had to you know, literally we said it like change my whole life, like adapt to this thing. Yeah, you said something along those lines. Yeah, and yeah, and you said you've I've changed, like and I've had to change, and it's been a massive shift for me. And I found it, yeah, quite different to be like just a father from me out of nowhere, from someone who I was told that I wasn't going to be a father, So now I have three kids.
Speaker 2: Great, Yeah, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: That's what literally we said.
Speaker 4: We were like Tammy and that are literally the best couple ever. And it's because like obviously they love each other so much, and you know, there's so much love between them. But Matt was told he was infertile. Tammy has three beautiful kids. You've got to step into that role. You've embraced it and you love it.
Speaker 1: So it's I listened to that one incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one too. Yeah, And there is a lot of healing in a lot of different worlds, spiritual and the natural world that can happen in those areas. And you know, I also looked up that I didn't know until this morning that you had well they call it deficiency. It's not no, you're special, you're smart. I looked it up. Look, I got it in my phone, and I said, what are the what are the symptoms? And I thought, all my friends that were really famous and clever in Hollywood, they've got all these symptoms, everyone who was successful and artistic. How's that right, Adhd too. I'll play yeah, because you know I love Matthew and I'm here for you, mate. You know, whether you need a little man cave around, I'll finished that conversation, Dammy. What I meant was, if there's kids running everywhere, everyone's screaming, and they're doing that, you need to find a little space just to go and sit for a minute away from everybody, to take a breath. Okay, finished with that one. Thank you.
Speaker 1: You guys need to have a joint man. I feel like that's the picture.
Speaker 2: That I've learnt. Now. I just don't go anywhere near anybody, but you like a king in my own spiritual world.
Speaker 3: But he was actually very kind. He said to me, come around anytime, crush anything.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes it's nice to you know. And family, as we all know, is that if you don't get in the road, you can't interfere, you know, step parents, what's a funny word anyway, but but you know, like in wars whatever, you can't. My mother told me that, you said, you just kind of you know, you don't interfere. You just just love and be there. They need you, but you don't interfere with their lives, you know. So I sort of grew up with that. But even if I wanted to tame me and Emily and would listen to me anyway, they just say yeah right, or you know, Tammy and say because you tell me that, you tell me that once more, and I will do it.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm experiencing all that forgotten here. I was sading all this stuffship advice, you've got any for us, like you've been in many relationships, how.
Speaker 2: Many well, I don't know if I'm the best person to ask.
Speaker 3: But Tammy did say that.
Speaker 2: I mean I grew up with like the dream of like my mum and dad to meet the partner for the rest of your life and whatever. But like life, things change and whatever. And I think I was really really dumb when I was younger, like as a man, you know, like we are stupid.
Speaker 3: We are naturally you.
Speaker 2: Know, girls seem smarter, but we seem like more fun something like that, you know, some delusional thing of learning about life and also being in the business. You know, I was. I was on tour with Rocky Horror Show, you know, like I mean my wife, the first wife that I married, Sally Butterfield, who's delightful lady. She went on tour with Oklahoma and she was a singer and I went on tour Horror and that was the end of our marriage really because we both went a year different directions and Rocky Horror Show broke many in marriage. So unless you were very strong, you know, like I don't know, it was just one of those things that I think, really it's different now, see I have learnt through life, you know, and look back in times and whatever. I always meant well and and those relationships, even my Laylor, who I have a good relationship with now who there. Laylor was my last wife. I've been married three times. Yeah, one that was far too young. Yeah. It was just one of those things in both different worlds. And when I grew up there, I remember that I was in young doctors and things. I thought, well, okay, you fall in love, were really in love, the next thing you do is get engaged. It was a different sort of you know, that's what I think you've done.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: There was no like I will spend a year hanging out and do this, do that. It was just like, oh, what do I do next? I'll do this?
Speaker 3: I's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: There isn't until you're sort of twiddling your thumbs and you're going in different directions in six month's time, it's going to be. I mean, I don't think there's any rules with it all. I mean I think I summed it up when I first came in. If you if you're based everything on love, that's the good things and the bad. If you if you put it on a rock of love, then you'll ride through the storms. Of course, there's elements, there's the communication. You know what I mean, and I think that's what I think. Letters are great. I remember writing my letters say goodbye to my girlfriend when I was younger. That's all we had.
Speaker 1: We had letters writing.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm also now a writer of films, because I grew up writing.
Speaker 3: Well, Mark, are you dating now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Not, madterm what mademoiselle, Mademoiselle, No, no, no, no, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: We're working together. She's yeah, you lovely folks, funny, good, good folks. I was working with them still.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I got the Holy Spirit in my heart and I'm a rock and roller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, just I'll try not to throw you under it.
Speaker 2: I think from my point of view of getting to know girls, and I grew up at different times in my life. I mean, it's always just being in love is the best thing. But it was when there was a problem of you know, And I think then if you've got friends and you say, well, how can you communicate? And you learn about each other more, there's a lot more in depth communication now. I think more mean I don't know it for sure, but I mean, like I mean, I think, and you also, you just know. I would have been a handful when I was on the road all the time. I wasn't sort of being away from home. I mean, I had that relationship first off, and I thought, I'm never getting married again. I'm married young, and I'm never getting married again. And then when I met Natalie in Trinidad, who was young, but she sort of acted like a thirty year old in the experience of where she'd been in the world. She's a brilliant lady in her own right, you know, And that was sort of like because the girl's called me, you know, cradles natural. But I was like it was like it was like it was like this, I'm making a movie in South America, on Trinidad and Tobago. I had put it to myself when I was like twenty three, I'm never going to get married until I know it's for sure. And I want to have children, yeah, yeah, all right, and without going all the sentiment with children, because I think there's so many children in the world that need to be loved that we don't even have to have our own. We can have everybody's, you know, and we can like you know, and also you can't have you you can do it all right, or you can do it all and don't set your sights any lower than that, you know. But having that, having that said that, I just remember that that it was like one of those things where I was sure, and there were complications because I was working in America and Natalie couldn't get into America, so we had to go via Canada. Then we had to fly to Australia, get married, and go back to America. And you know, by then Amy were pregnant with Amy, and it was like, where do I want to bring Amy up? And I have this sort of love well I'd never had a love love relationship with La, but I have this sort of like about it, and I'd probably like it more now, funny enough, even though it's even more twisted and going downhill, but I'm used to it. But then I didn't. I thought this is not a place to bring up kids. Yeah, you know, so I made that quite cool, beautiful start a choice. So they went to LA and I was going to do four picture deal and ed no Marto was going to be my agent, who was Mel Gibson's agent, and it always my agent. So I was away on a global level. But I knew that I'd have three little girls, four six and eight, I'd have Mexican nanny. I wouldn't be getting home till Saturday night and Sunday guns are everywhere. It was just, you know, it wasn't the right time. So I was blessed with that decision. I've never ever regretted it. You know. I don't know if that helps in anything, but you just adapt.
Speaker 4: What did you think when Matt proposed to Tammy so early on in their relationship.
Speaker 1: What was your thoughts?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't go down that road too much, you know what I mean, because you've got I don't know the dynamics of why and how. All I know is are in love and they wanted to do what they wanted to do in that time. But there's love and love and love and love, you know, And that's what I've learned over the years. So I didn't really I don't do that. I now know what the girls also that, you know. I don't try and I'll be there and you know, and to this day, I'm still connecting with all the boys, you know, because I feel like, you know, as being the patriarch of the girls and that and I'm here, I'm sixty nights. I soa who else going to do the job. You know, I've got to sort of be a bit outsmoken with things, you know, So in that sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did Matt ask for your blessing?
Speaker 2: Yes? He did. He did. He came over and he said, can I ask? That's right? Both of you boys are nice?
Speaker 6: Yeah he did, he asked me, did I Yeah, you did in my sleep?
Speaker 2: If I didn't.
Speaker 3: Remember, you try to make me sound I don't.
Speaker 2: Think I asked. Now you ask?
Speaker 3: Now. That's why I don't love you. That is here today.
Speaker 1: He's apologizing.
Speaker 3: I'm apologizing for not asking your permission to take your daughter's hand in.
Speaker 2: Mabe you did, or maybe it just flew down through Instagram by me. I don't know. The first time I met you.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I figured, Mark, can I have your approval to marriag?
Speaker 2: I don't have to have your I told Matt the same thing. You don't have to have my approval, you know, Just so that'll be nice to each other, you know, and you know I'm gonna I'll put it inscribe for everybody. Be nice to each other, Just love each other. If you've got a problem and I can help any time, come to me.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to.
Speaker 2: I'm never going to judge. I'll just say, you know, because I was up and down through my life, and you know, and you look back on your life, See this is the thing. I don't think there's enough compassion in that world, not understanding and people don't know how to steer them back down the direction, you know, like a you know, like the real mentors are the real let's say, the wise men in our lives, which you have to lean to. Unfortunately, me and your father and people. Right, but we're pretty good, okay, but you know what I mean, Like we'll do the research if we don't. But you know what I mean, in the olden days, so we call it the olden days. He'll know what that means. You know, there was always an elder and our society has sort of lost a bit of that flavor. I say, I'm not I'm not winging. I mean, it's just realities. But we also with that, we hand on the baton to you guys. Let it lead us, lead us into the next decade, lead us through social media and follow your dreams. That's what I was doing. I was trying to find a shot of Reese and Russell Crowe. I have them together and think. But that's the difference, you know again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you just you're Yeah, I jump around around.
Speaker 2: I can change lange without indicating if.
Speaker 3: It's meant that's a trade of ADHD.
Speaker 2: You know, well it's a brilliant thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is.
Speaker 2: So there's two things I wanted to say about that, because I looked it up. I looked at it, and you know it doesn't want to concentrate on things. Of course not. I answered them all mate, I got it to them all right, each one, like and then I thought all my mates and HI were the smart people I know from mel gives them to all them those traits. Yeah, they're all artists. They're not following their.
Speaker 3: Dream because it's boring to the you know what, Yeah, it's boring the people that don't have it.
Speaker 2: If that means something in the world, because it's like I think, it's a gift.
Speaker 3: If you know how to manage it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you got your mates to help you do that, and that gives a reason to ask you say, look, I got this, so if I get to out a handle on it, it gets remind me of you. If you haven't got it, no one tells you.
Speaker 3: You're fine, brother, Thank you. I appreciate the man.
Speaker 2: You're a king, the king of the world, and don't let anybody tell you the queen of the world. And Michael's another king.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Thank you are a true king.
Speaker 3: You are the king. I was going to give you props, like you're a great dad, but as well as a great granddad like you, you know, you take the kids, pick him up and all that, like to take him to basketball and that. Like, yeah, well I've I've realized in the role that I've stepped into as like a father figure, a lot of it is just showing up. You know, you just got to be there. Showing up is like ninety percent of the job and the rest, you know what I mean, It just it comes. You've got to show up. And I realized and Tammy or whenever we lean on you for something, you're there straight away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well the dynamics, the dynamics are different in different circumstances. Yeah, so you know, that's that's why I did say if it gets too much, that's fine. A spot where you can have a breath might be behind the vegetable garden. There's always a spot. I do it on set I'm acting. I run around with the chair just before I quit the business from now been thrown. I wonder with the umbrella and a chair all day when you're go starring these pictures, right, and then that's the umbrella is always there because they don't want to get sunburned. It's not because it just looks good and it makes you look as soon as you're sunburnt on set. You can't make up, you can't make it look unsun burned. Years been, they weren't. They just did get money.
Speaker 3: Have you watched any of us on the holand is that your next thing to go back and watch? Do you know when we were on a TV.
Speaker 2: Show that's my next thing to watch? Do you have to have me back.
Speaker 3: Your reviewer, get your recap, to get your recat your reviews of Love Island.
Speaker 2: You know my advice is just everybody, But I don't think it's just said anybody. When things get cool or heated or whatever, you just take time out for a minute and walk away for a minute. I think I said something to you, like I remember that I always wanted to fix it. Girls. Yes, yes, girls never forget any thing where Guys which sort of can have a blue and then the next day you wake up and go, oh, that was yesterday. Stupid idiot, stupid idiot. Where girls, I've noticed one of the trades. It's a blessing.
Speaker 3: Against we did this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said that. I I said, I think that what I tried to do was I was trying to remember when I when I was getting a bit shaky. It's just life. It's not you, it's not It's just what happens, particularly if you've got kids and things and all the dynamics that you have, and it's a wonderful thing to have the opportunity to have those dynamics. It's also a way of, like everything in life, how we all deal with it. You know, it was not just about kids, family, But I thought that that was that was just important that I think, I said, I used to try and go to I think I used my relationships say I just want to work this out now, you know, I just I mean, I mean, I'm blaming us, folks. I was younger. That could have been the downfall of my relationship if I just shut up, you know, I want to fix it. I want to fix it now. I carry on to one o'clock in the morning. Yeah, no, only you're driving the house, right, So I've.
Speaker 1: Been there with we would until three in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know, I've done anything like that.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying that I used to try and just fix it. It wasn't that, it wasn't that extreme at all, But it was just more like if there was a problem, I try and I think I was a man thing. We try and fix it, and a girl just doesn't want to know until the next day or the right opportunity is picking it.
Speaker 1: What was the hardest thing about being an actor.
Speaker 2: Probably was being able to pin down your emotions well enough when you're in the heart of it. When when I was younger in the world of method you know, Stanistowski method training, I trained a certain way, But then a little bit of would have been if I was in a relationship, it would have been on the road that would have been a problem, you know, But I wasn't really that long enough to be that. Or I'd take my partner with me, or they'd take me with them, you know. I think it was I think a certain amount of like with you all actors, I burdened with is when you're working and when you're not, Because when you're working, you're meeting good bucks, and you're working, and when you're not working, you're not making anything. So then you'd have to see these gaps so to survive and still be you know. I mean, I remember, way way way back in when I was young, and I was very blessed because I thought, if I can earn a living out of this, then I'm ahead. I did. I have all my life, really, and it's been just you know, it's been up and down. I've been in hair and off a couple of things that have happened, you know. But I think that but it was probably more emotionally in a sense that you just get a bit messy emotionally because if you're playing like like there was one role I was playing with Tessa Humphrey's Barry Humphrey's daughter was a co lead in it. It was called Out of the Body and it was a horror film. I won't do horror films anymore. I'm owned you comedies and and maybe Love Adventures or this or that or rom coms, you know, No, I'm not. I'm really got. I'm doing House of Music, which is a comedy like The Young Ones set in service Paradise after this film. This film will come out in about February and they'll go all over the world. No, we get asked to do number two, and I've already got a story, and there's a comedy musical which I want to shoot up with Margo Robbie used to live a Dolby called Bells with Smells, which is sort of like about a Catholic church that turns Pentecostal and some musical and it's really quite funny. So there's a couple of things that I want to do. So they're funny or they're educational, they drop pearls. That's only because I can now you know what I mean. I'm not working with my old agent who died recently, looked after Russell Crowe and everybody. That's how I know Russell. We're all in the same mob, you know. So you know. So I was going to say, there were roles that I played in a horror film where I had to stretch the emotions out, you know, and so you'd be and the role the role was this character has a nervous breakdown like continuously for like the whole movie. He's on the verge of nervous breakdown because he's killing people and he doesn't know why and it's inside him and a demon and all that stuff. But it was like the whole time, And so I had like a twelve week shoot and he's having a nervous breakdown on set. So I'm at five o'clock in the morning till nine o'clock at night having a nervous breakdown getting paid good money, right, Yeah, And I suppose because I just swrammed myself into it as well as the training. I'd come home and then after about five, six, six seven weeks, I just started feeling like I was having a nervous breakdown and I got emotionally upset all the time, and you know, so the hardest thing for me was actually, I mean, I can't really say because I was trained, so I can't blame my lack of training.
Speaker 3: It was just emotionally it would be taxing on your mind, just a massive shift.
Speaker 2: So I think really having permanent work and dealing with the emotion to go with all of that as well.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I can turn them off like that. Now, what do you love most about being a granddad?
Speaker 2: The things they say to you, you know, just they just come out with these classic lines, you know, Wolf and Sassin, like that little thing that she said the other day, little page to you, you know, just the lines, the one line is this I love you or whether it's you know Dad, Grandpa, your car is almost done for you know your car is done for? Right? Okay? Cue.
Speaker 3: They said something to me one time like I can't remember, like and you're just like, yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: Isn't about your.
Speaker 3: It was about something like along those lines, some classic.
Speaker 4: Something no filter, right, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: You know she did one of those you know, I'm losing my my COVID curve now like I had it for the film. Right, there's quite a lot of comedy around because that's a big sassic. He came up to me and just went and poked me in the tummy and went, Grandpa, are you having a baby? I said no, it was after my heart operation. I put on a bit of weight and it was cod said, I'm getting fit. Anyway, I should take up mum's app.
Speaker 4: Any parting words with us, you have just been absolutely phenomenal to have on the podcast. We've loved having you. But any parting words from.
Speaker 3: You we've run.
Speaker 2: We'll just nail the television stituations until you get on. Yeah, don't say no to anybody, show the tenacity, believe in yourselves. You know, I don't say this to any young folks. Work and I have fun. You know, that's probably the best advice I can give because it's always you know, I mean what I've learned. And that's another story in my life. It was it was about ups and downs, and everyone says I'll be happy or you know that no one's going to be happy all the time. They're going to be happy times. It's going to be sad times. So I suppose I've learned to speak life into everything, even if I'm sick, and I've had some amazing things happened to be amazing miracles, thank you God, right, and but I'll always speak life into it. And I've been taught that now through some masters and and and with that, it was like just the things are important were joy, peace, you know, like happiness is going to be happiness is going to be sad. You can still live with joy. You still live with joy when there's tragedy. You can still be instilled in your heart, mind, body and soul. So really is to you know, just have fun, find your joy and party hard.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 7: And you get in trouble, ask a friend to help you can I just ask your friends put your hand up, don't go into a corner, you know, because and make us old people a bit more useful, you know, because we're around the place.
Speaker 2: Just kick us a couple of times and we'll go, what do you want? You know? Can I help? And then maybe we can just just just love yourselves and love what you're doing, love your partners. And I'm very very happy that you are to be my son in law. Yeah, I think it's great, mate.
Speaker 3: I couldn't ask for a better father in law.
Speaker 2: You know, we'll wait till we know. Will cut to us when you know it's two years down to the line and we've got each other and headlock at a.
Speaker 3: Football you know what, We get along chart.
Speaker 2: Have a problem there.
Speaker 1: Be excited about the wedding.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I've got to walk my little darling down the aisle apparently.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 2: A yeah, well there you go, you get it to the you know, it'll be fabulous. I am excited. Yeah, so I'm really excited for both of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's getting close down excited.
Speaker 2: Love is the best. You build it a lot of love, you can work the rest out.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's going to be incredible and later in life.
Speaker 2: And I just have fun enjoy it. Those letters. She's got a better romance goes a long way, a.
Speaker 3: Basket, all of them.
Speaker 2: A mystery doesn't go along far these days. That's where I grew up. It's like a bit of mystery goes a long way, you know, because I was in a different age, like there's.
Speaker 3: No mystery, there's nothing everything, especially in this we've got a podcast where we're open posting all her stuff, like you're don't have mystery these days?
Speaker 2: And all I got to say to all those haters. And now at the end of this, so you can can you edit something, We can edit anythings out there in that world of social media.
Speaker 3: That's and we still love you and forgive you.
Speaker 1: Yes, great, and thank you for the engagement.
Speaker 2: You might not want that.
Speaker 3: That was more than anything.
Speaker 1: That is just for our listeners. We just all gave the finger and.
Speaker 2: It comes because we'll remember you in your prayers.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, them, No, they're they're quite unhappy to have that much hate. You have to be in your life, would have to be in such an unhappy state to project it onto someone on social media. It is fucking mind bubbling. I read some of it and I am like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think too much about it, don't.
Speaker 1: Even let it like water.
Speaker 3: That's good at.
Speaker 2: Handling that great mark.
Speaker 1: You are and I can't. We've loved having you on the show. Thank you so much. Father's Day, thank you very much, thank you
Speaker 4: Today.