Speaker 1: Why On Sky News This is Sharry.
Speaker 2: Good Evening. Tonight we'll expose Australians attending the Lebanese funeral of hesbl Alida Hassan Nasralla, our explosive report. In a moment, Plas Albanizi defends China's aggressive actions in the Tasman Sea. This is their safety. Authorities reveal they only learned about the live fire exercises thirty minutes after they started. Rodin Bishop and Holly Hughes would join me to discuss and Ariel Bibbis's five year old best friend tells his mum that he's not dead and he's just in his room. Elon Levy would join me from Israel to talk about this heartbreak ahead of tomorrow's funeral. Refers tonight to our exclusive story. We can expose Australians who've flown to Lebanon, where they've attended terror leader Hassan Nasralla's funeral. Nasralla was responsible for the murder of thousands during his three decade reign of Hesbelah. He was finally killed in his bunker by Israel in September last year, and this came after Hesbelah began prolific attacks against Israel on October the eighth, twenty twenty three. Now, all political leaders, from the Prime Minister to the Opposition leader have been pretty clear that Hesbela is a terror organization and its leader is not someone any Australian should mourn.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no place for morning a terrorist leader, and we're very concerned about.
Speaker 1: Some of the terrorist symbols.
Speaker 3: It's completely unacceptable.
Speaker 1: They're a terrorist organization that they organized terrorist attacks.
Speaker 2: Yet Tony Burke's Home Affairs Department didn't stop Australians from traveling to Lebanon to attend his funeral, despite the fact that Azio confirmed to they do have the power to do this. Sydney based religious leader Ahbed Almajed Murtada is pictured at Nasula's funeral. He's on the left in a photograph he posted to his own social media account just a day ago. As you can see in his social media posts that I'm about to show you, he had prime seating at the funeral. He was right in front of the stage at the center of the stadium. Now, we put questions to Ahbed and he told us, yes, I'm a proud Australian citizen. I flew to Lebanon to pay my respects to our beloved and esteemed clergy. So he's proudly admitting that he flew to Lebanon to attend the funeral of a terrorist leader. Now Ahbed is a Scout leader. He teaches Australian youth, including children in Sydney. Now here's another Australian mirror who's posted videos where she smiles before panning her camera round to show that she's also at Nasrulla's funeral. Miriam also posted this video with the caption for Israeli jets flew above us twice and in another post she wrote Sayid Hassan Nasrallah on a video as you can see of Mourna's touching the coffin. She also posed for photographs in front of many tributes to Nasrallah. You can see that on your screen now. Miriam posted many videos of her trip. She posted videos as well of her trip from Australia to Lebanon. She captured herself flying to Beirute via Abu Dhabi, going to the hairdresser, going out for meals, and also at an at Nasraela's funeral in Sydney. She has a children's hair braiding business, where she claims on the Instagram page that one hundred percent of the profits go to Palestine and Lebanon. Then there's ishak Zaan, who's been posting prolifically on social media from the funeral ceremonies. He also posted a picture with a group of men that he says are the AUSSI contingent. You can see that there, he says, AUSSI crew. In another post, he said he arrived at the funeral at five am. He said the stadium filled up until there were one point four million people there. That's his claim. In another post, he wrote, I'm just trying to process the most emotional day of my life. I can't even put into words what I experienced today. Crying in the arms of brothers before even knowing their names, he said, I'm glad I was granted the opportunity to be in the presence of history and take it all in. He also showed himself at the funeral along with the tens of thousands of other people there. You can see him in the right hand corner of your screen. And then of Nasralla, the terror leader, he said, a giant of a man in a Coffin didn't think I'd see the day, nor did it feel real. In another post, he filmed the destruction from the war and said their day will come, God willing. Their day will come, God willing. Now one of the other Australians with him has also posted a lot of content, a lot of videos from Hassan Nasralla's funeral and many from Lebanon over the past couple of years. But then I had a look at his social media archives and I saw that there were videos taken from Dover Heights Park in Sydney, and Dover Heights is a predominantly Jewish area. You can see those videos on your screen. It was quite chilling to see that. And those videos were taken in May twenty twenty four, and you just wonder what someone who supports a terrorist organization like this person does was doing in Dover Heights Park. Then here's another Australian, Hassan Jeba. He says on his social media that he lives in Sydney, Australia, and he's posted footage from the Palestinian protests at Hyde Park. That photograph you're looking at was on October the twenty ninth, twenty twenty three. By the way, just a couple of weeks after October the seventh. Here here is at another pro Palestinian protest. He's holding a toddler in his arms. Then he shared this photograph of himself at Nosula's funeral wearing a scarf with the terror leader's face on it. He also posted countless videos. Now we do have documented evidence for several more individuals as well, but I'd be here all night. Now, let's go through this very carefully. Hesbela is a prescribed terror organization and support for a terrorist organization is banned in Australia. It's a criminal offense to openly support terrorism. There are also new hate speech laws which prohibit the waving of prescribed symbols such as the Hesbela flag. Now we ask the Home Affairs Department whether this travel that I've shown tonight breaches the laws that prohibit support for a terrorist organization in our country. We also are asked Home Affairs whether they knew that these individuals were flying to Lebanon seemingly with the explicit purpose of attending the funeral, and if so, why were they allowed to leave the country. We provided Home Affairs with the details of the social media accounts. We did this yesterday to give them time to see for themselves. As usual, we received a weak and pathetic response here it is. Home Affairs said the department does not comment on individuals, including travel movements or citizenship status. Anyone suspecting criminal activity is urged to contact law enforcement agencies. Now, Home Affairs and Bordiforce both have the power to stop people leaving the country if they suspect their involvement in terror. It's a point ASIO Director General Mike Burgess made tonight under questioning from Shadow Home Affairs Minister James Patterson.
Speaker 4: We do have the ability to do security assessments which would result in king the request for an individual's passport to be temporarily canceled so they could not travel. The fact that an organization is listed is sending a message to society that's a listed terrorist organization and actually there are criminal penalties for engaging with or being a member of such group.
Speaker 2: Secondly, Mike Burgess said that Australia also has the power to temporarily prevent someone from returning to our country if the authorities believe they pose a threat.
Speaker 4: There are Australians will have a right to return, but there is temporary exclusion orders that can be applied in some circumstances that would control that return in a manner which was enabled the issue to be managed effectively by authorities, including ASIO.
Speaker 2: Again, that was thanks to the excellent questioning of James Patterson. The AZO boss then said he would be concerned if he learned that Australians were traveling overseas to participate in an event organized by a listed to organization, and in fact, he said it's unlawful to engage with such groups.
Speaker 4: As a security service, I'd be regardless of whether it's listed or not, if they were going to an event, whether of i'm extremists or known terrorists, we would be interested as Australia's security service.
Speaker 2: President of the Australian Jewish Association David Adler said it was alarming that their support for HESBELA in Australia. He said it represented a threat to security and social cohesion.
Speaker 1: Everyone needs to understand that HESBELA is one of the largest and most deadly terrorist organizations the world has seen, responsible for killing people in Europe, in Thailand, in South America and many many people in the Middle East. This man Noustralia has the blood of thousands on his heads.
Speaker 2: Now. I spoke to James Patterson about this is you and he said that no Australian citizen or visa holder should mourn the death of a terrorist like Hassan Nasralla, let alone attend his funeral. Here's what James Patterson told me today. He said Tony Burke should explain why these people were allowed to travel to an event organized by a listed terroist organization and whether he'll use the powers available to him to block their return to Australia. This is James Patterson. He said, if they are non citizens, their visas should be counseled without hesitation. If they are citizens, they should be immediately investigated for associating with Hesbelah, which is a serious terrorism offense under the Commonwealth Criminal quote. He said, we must send a strong message that there's no place for terrort sympathizers in Australia. Now, this is all deeply worrying. These are people who've been living in Australia who clearly have a strong level of emotional support for terrorist organization. Some of them, even the men spoke about crying at that funeral. Now this is all part of the reason why social cohesion in our country is now crumbling. Let's bring in now former Speaker of the House Bronwin Bishop and Liberal Senator Holly Hughes, and I might just get both of your reaction to that story before we get to the other topics. Broumwin, what do you think about this?
Speaker 5: I'm just appalled, I'm seriously appalled. I have to ask the question, does this mean that there is a husband ast cell here in Australia? Is that cell active in promoting anti Semitism? Is there criminality going on by these people in our country? Those things have to be investigated and have to be answered to see the the hate for our country and what they're doing means, are they duals citizens? Are they entitled to remain Australian citizens? There are so many questions, so that story answers and we need answers to them.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and Holly, the more I was looking into this today, you know I showed you that post where it said Ossie Crewe and that I was able to click on each of those people that was, you know, each of them again. Another Australian who was attending the funeral. It seems like this is just being No one's got control here. This has just been allowed to happen.
Speaker 6: It's just another example of how weak this government is and how they are so determined to walk both sides of the street and speak out of both sides of their mouth. They are absolutely letting the national security of this country down. Bromwin is right, we don't know if there's some sort of Hezbalas cell operating in Australia, and James Patterson is one hundred percent right when he says if they are non citizens, their visas should be immediately canceled. If they're dual citizens, we should look at the same and if they're Australian citizens, well they need to be spoken to when they get back to the country. It is absolutely abhorrent. It's extraordinary that they think putting it on social media and celebrating attending the funeral of a known terrorist is in.
Speaker 7: Any way acceptable.
Speaker 6: It's beyond comprehension what these people think they're capable of doing.
Speaker 2: I just worry that there's no appetite, or not much appetite in the Albanese government to actually crack down on terrorism. And we heard the Prime Minister and Q and A last night, and he mentioned neo Nazis, he mentioned fascists, but he can't actually mention radical Islam. He can't mention the HEZBLA. And I don't know why it's so difficult.
Speaker 7: Why are we rats? Why are we not?
Speaker 5: Why are we surprised? I mean the man since he was at university has been espousing pro Palestinian courses, knowing what what is entailed in those ideas even then, so there was just no fiber in his body that cares about the anti Semitic attitudes that are going on in this country. And the merely male utterances on Q and A yesterday were truly pic and good on to that mother, mother of your wars.
Speaker 2: Isn't she amazing that he's watching now? But if you are, we applaud you very strong. Against the Prime Minister and BO. Speaking of Q and A last night, Albanez he basically defended China's actions in the Tasmancy. He implied that all they'd done wrong was not giving Australia enough notice. This was extraordinary. Have a look.
Speaker 3: Australia conducts exercises in the South China Sea and in the region in international waters and international airspace and it would be better had China. So we're put in an official protest if you like that. More notice should have been given.
Speaker 2: So he was comparing it to the freedom of navigation exercises that Australia undertakes in the South China See. But Holly, you can't compare them. I mean, the South China See is a major international shipping route that needs to have you know, Australia, the US and others able to pass through. And you know this. It was just saying ships were just off Hobart, Yes, exactly, go on, holy.
Speaker 7: Yep, Yeah, they were just off Hobart.
Speaker 6: And the fact that we were alerted to them via a Virgin Airline pilot is extraordinary. The fact that we're relying on commercial airline pilots to let us know what's going on in our waters or just outside of our waters. I mean, these guys, whether it's the Australians or people that reside in Australia at at the hesbela funeral, whether it's you know, China's handsome boy merely mouthed response to China clearly flexing its muscle. National security under this government is coming a very very distant priority down the list of priorities. I don't know what their priorities are because they're not doing anything well, but certainly national security and at the end of the day, that is the fundamental role of the federal government is to keep its citizens safe. Yet this government seems incapable of standing up for Australians.
Speaker 7: I mean, you think what would have happened.
Speaker 6: There were forty nine flights forced to divert because of the live fire coming from those Chinese ships. You imagine if one of those flights had been shot down with Australian citizens.
Speaker 7: On board, Like I mean, it's terrifying. Thoughts, you don't want to think about it. It is terrifying. And our government's sitting on its hands.
Speaker 5: Well, of course they're sitting on its hands only because the handsome boy sees cow tows to the Communist Party of China. Then maybe the Communist Party of China will send messages to the diaspo here for the next election devote labor.
Speaker 2: So it's all about politic Yeah, I just want to show I get to this before we go, because I noticed both of you are in Orange tonight and Holly, you were watching the program last night when I spoke about how Australia was one of the only countries in the world that hadn't illuminated any buildings in Orange in honor of the Bibas Boys, and you took up that clause in a big way. In fact, you texted new southe was Premier Chris Mints.
Speaker 6: I did, and I haven't had a response from anyone in the New South Wales government. I spoke to Sydney Radio a couple of times today actually both their their morning show and also in Drive the soufternoon, and I understand that the radio station has been informed that they have no intention of lighting up the Opera House, which I think, I mean.
Speaker 7: To me, this just seems like the most obvious thing to do.
Speaker 6: Reclaim the Opera House, reclaim the steps, light it up Orange, show our solidarity with the rest of the world. From China to Miamma, to Brazil to New York, everywhere these buildings.
Speaker 7: Are bang lit up. But nowhere in Australia.
Speaker 6: Parliament House is lit up tonight and I couldn't even work out what it was.
Speaker 7: It was all these weird colored dots all over the.
Speaker 6: Front of Parliament House, I mean, the least they could do is light up Parliament House. But I did an need to a bit of Labor and honestly her response was appalling.
Speaker 5: The point is that I was making before is that this is entirely political. This is entirely about this election and all the attitudes of Burke and the Prime Minister. Everything we've talked about tonight are all geared at harnessing votes for the Labor Party.
Speaker 7: They're on the ropes, know it.
Speaker 5: And the cynicism and the lack of concern the integrity of our own nation to self serve is just disgusting. And if you go back and look at the character with those two people, you find why are we surprised? Whether you go back through mister Burke's sub diffusion in so many issues, he wants to be the next prime minister. He does, and he is doing everything he can from changing induspilations laws to get the votes of the unions when there's a new context. This is again flushing his credentials, saying look at me, with all these additional people going on the electoral role, look at me. Letting these people go after the funeral will get their votes back in everything he's doing is self serving and not in the national interest. Heaven help us if they get back.
Speaker 2: Indeed, all right, Holly Hughes Broman, Bishop, thank you votes so much. Now still to come ahead of the funeral tomorrow, the heart breaking words of Ariel Bibis's friend farmer. Israeli government spokesman Elon Levy will join me after this quick break. Welcome back and let's bring you now. Former Israeli government spokesman and one of our favorite guests on the show, Elon Levy. Elon, great to see you as always.
Speaker 1: Look, it's going to be back sharing.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow is going to be a completely heartbreaking day Wednesday, Israel time. It's the funeral for Shiri, Ariel and baby Kafir. This will be a private ceremony, but it will be broadcast live. How are you feeling, how's all of Israel feeling ahead of this?
Speaker 8: Tomorrow is going to be one of the most heartbreaking moments in Israel's history, a moment we thought was never going to happen. That we are going to bury two children who were snatched from their beds, brutally executed by terrorists with their own bear hands, who then mutilated their bodies to make it look like they were killed in an Israeli air strike that was their cover story, and then released them in a macabre dead baby parade, inviting families from Gaza to watch, all set to music, sending them back with a woman who wasn't even their mother. This story has ignited anger in Israel, a reminder that we knew Hamas was evil, we didn't know how evil it really is. The Bibas children became a symbol of the barbarity of the October seventh massacre. What Hamas did, the abduction of children, holding them for a ransom. You know, today is a very sad day. Today the Lift Ship's family is burying or dead Lift Shits, an eighty three year old peace activist who was also snatched from his bed, murdered in captivity, and sent back in a grotesque spectacle. And tomorrow the eyes of the whole nation are going to be on this funeral, comforting poor Yard and Bebus, who survived five hundred days in captivity. Wondering how on earth someone recovers from such horrific trauma.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he will ever be able to move on from this trauma. Now it was really heartbreaking to see these comments. The mother of Ariel Bibas's friend yo Av, so five year old boy, has recounted how she broke the news to her son. Have a look at this, Arias.
Speaker 8: And Benasamesh Beni Berlin ex.
Speaker 2: Arielo medi so Elana. Again, this is something that even children are trying to process. I mean, the trauma in Israel runs deeper. A five year old boy trying to understand why his friends not coming home.
Speaker 8: Yeah, children have paid a horrible price for the October seventh massacre and the ongoing October seventh hostage crisis.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: I interviewed just a while ago the wife of one of the hostages in Gaza. His name is Omri Muran. He's a father of two. He has been trapped in the dungeons of Gaza for over five hundred days, and he left behind two little children, two little daughters, who were held at gunpoint in their home in near Oz, only seven hundred meters away from the Gaza strip on October seventh. And I asked the mother, Elishai, what are you telling your children? How do you explain this to them? And she said that her daughter, who was only three at the time has flashbacks and memories of things that even she the mother, had managed to suppress and had forgotten about from the trauma of the moment that their father was abducted. And this is a reminder there is no such thing as humanitarian cases and other cases for bringing the hostages back. All of the hostages are humanitarian cases. Hostages like Alon Orhel who still has shrapnel in his eye and is going blind in a dark underground tunnel because he was abducted from a bomb shelter where hamas through rocket grenades five hundred days ago. And humanitarian cases like those who have left kids behind, and humanitarian cases of people who are just being starved and tortured.
Speaker 2: It's all utterly depraved and shocking. Elon, thank you very much for joining us tonight. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Now. We'll be back at the normal time eight o'clock tomorrow, but stay tuned. Now we've got Danika di Giorgio in the man Cave filling in for Paul Marray.