Speaker 1: Okay, eighteen, it's it's Tiff, it's it's the dock, and it's a fatty harps a bloke in the middle on my screen. Anyway, we hope you're fucking great because it's how we are. I mean we we just every night, the three of us get together, well sometimes Denise unless she's got stuff on, but we say, dear, sweet baby Jesus, just look after the flock, Just protect them, hold them in your hand, just love them. And it's it's how we roll. Tip. We're all about love and compassion, aren't we.
Speaker 2: We are until you bang on way too close to the mic and I get upset with you, and then there's a little bit less than compassion.
Speaker 1: Okay, so just today, all through the podcast, I just want you to go too close when I get too close?
Speaker 3: Okay, too close?
Speaker 1: Am I too close? Now?
Speaker 2: As soon as we started, you settled on up there and blew the.
Speaker 1: Trying to start with a bit of warmth and a bit of love and.
Speaker 3: A feeling excitement. It's just the excitement and the enthusiasm because you love this so much, you just get in there.
Speaker 1: I dig it, I dig it. It's like people like, oh, you work so much I go this is the bit of the day that doesn't feel like work.
Speaker 3: Yes, and when you love it, because that's what I keep telling myself. You can perform at a very high level and do five, six hundred and eighty two things in a week.
Speaker 1: Can you? Though? But we really we did talk about over commitment before we went live, and you did put up your hand and say, yeah, that's me. But next year it'll be different, and Tiff laughed in your face. And when fucking everyone says that, but it's never any different.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can direct doctor Denise ti Yesterday's podcast on the psychology of enough.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can do that.
Speaker 3: I can listen to it on the plane I have though I chose this, I asked the universe for it, so there's no complaints. But there's a little bit of like I have seven more trips between now and the end of the year, two more to the US, another one to London, Hong Kong, Dublin and quick back here you know, Sydney. Gig Like it's a lot, but it's such an exciting time. People are pumped for this information. I love sharing it. There's such huge events, like since I've seen you so many amazing things have happened. I've got an invite to Westminster Palace.
Speaker 1: Did you know that.
Speaker 3: I was chatting to King Charles's doctor. I didn't know it was King Charles's doctor, which maybe is a good thing because I might have then been a weirdo because I would have been like, you know, like intimidated or feeling a little bit out of my my sir, But I didn't know who he was. I knew he was an important doctor. He was kind of running the event at the Palace with the ex advisor, the Surgeon General to Biden. Amazing people talking about changing healthcare. But there's all this exciting stuff going on in the world and I just want to be a part of all of it. But when you live in Australia, you are so far away from all the good shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah we are, but I mean there is some good shit here. But I get what you say saying but you have the opportunity to bring the good shit back, to share it on the good ship Lollipop that is the you project, and download some of try and keep it user friendly with you because TIF and I are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Our audience are all journey I, but we're too dumb. Fuck, So if you can kind of keep it at our level, that'd be great. So what are people taking you or dragging you overseas? Four Like, is it just you know, like personalized guiding and medicine and all of that stuff broadly or is it specific topics where you're doing like a one off at a.
Speaker 3: Conference, a couple of different things. When I become a smarter business woman, it might be a one off and then I'm delivering the same thing and it's not such an effort at the moment. There's at are different things. But so what I was doing just before I opped on the podcast was actually an article for Men's Health. So I've published the study that that healthy aging study I did back in twenty twenty three, and we had some great results with three and six month interventions around whole food, diet, exercise. Paul Taylor was in there as the exercise physiologist and using his app to help people with the exercise part. So we had dietary stuff and supplements all these things, and we had great results. Testing biological age and I think you and I have talked about this on previous podcasts. So chronological age is your birthday, but you have this sort of cellular age biological age, which we now have testing for and in Australia at the end of twenty twenty two, the first tests were really launched here and I jumped on that one because I was asked by the company to do some education, but also because I love this area. But I hadn't used the test and was probably discussed on an earlier podcast because I know we talked about meed sort of doing this and moving into this area, But I said to the distributor, even though I know epigenetics and have a PhD in methylation, I've not used these tests. So within a very short amount of time with my ideas, Ding Ding Ding, I was like, oh, we'll get ten people, and then we'll get thirty people, and we ended up enrolling sixty people to do this test, put together an intervention and see if we can actually improve biological age, because I thought, well, I'm not going to one do education on it if I don't know it, but also two can we actually even change biological age in a certain timeframe, Like as a practitioner, do I think this is a test that's worthy to bring in and do with my patients because there's a lot of hype online, but you know, can we actually change improve biological age? And the results were great. It's taken me this long to get it out to the world. I only analyze the data last Christmas. But there's a huge interest in longevity at the moment. So there's that part that I'm presenting, which is exciting. But then also this personalized medicine because I do all the genetics and we're looking at differences and diets, personalized nutrition, and that is a huge which thing at the moment. So one of the conferences I went to, which was completely different, It was fascinating in Singapore, was a little bit more business orientated, and part of me loved it. Part of me was frustrated as hell because as the scientist, I like the science the mechanism. Because it was a bit more business ye sometimes that you didn't give you all the information. They just want to sell stuff to you in a sense. There was a guy talking about drinks with neurotropics, you know, how to make you smarter and concentrate.
Speaker 1: More, sure do it's one of my favorite topics and neutropics. Yeah, so he was.
Speaker 3: There and you know, and me when I go to these conferences and me who ship tells everyone everything. I'm like, tell me the ingredients, tell me what's in it. But he sort of gave you half the story. But everyone kind of needs it. But anyway, the point of telling about that conference is they made it really clear the top three areas of health at the moment of personalized nutrition, slized medicine what I do, longevity, which is obviously the space we're moving into iological age, and then GLP one weight loss, which we all know. So they're the big three areas. And I work really closely in two of those. And have you know, with my background genetics epigenetics for twenty years, so all of a sudden, the knowledge I have and the things I'm doing a really interesting interesting.
Speaker 1: I just accidentally blocked Denise.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, unblocker, Denise, you've been muted. Perhaps has muted you.
Speaker 1: Denise. This is a thing, Denise, you just need to press the unmute thing. I didn't do it. Yes, stay tip, I promise.
Speaker 3: I now I can't believe you.
Speaker 1: I'd promise, I promise, and we're back. Sorry, everyone, I just accidentally muted the doc when she was so.
Speaker 3: He muted me and said you talk too fucking much, and I haven't had space to say anything.
Speaker 1: No, I did not say now, you're a fucking fibber dibber. You know you're way more interesting than me. Nobody including me, wants you to stop, So keep going, keep going.
Speaker 3: Well, actually you probably did me a favor because I'm not sure when you muted me, but I was trying to spit something out and I said it about four times and about it stumbling.
Speaker 2: That's at the point that I thought you muted yourself when that happened because you were struggling.
Speaker 3: No, I was trying to say, yeah, because when I do speak an event, then there's an interest in what I do. And I kept saying interesting, but I want to say they're interested, and then that leads to the next thing, the next thing. And a lot of these events I've been at have been very high caliber, as I said in London, and I've got Longevity Fest in the US, and I'm going over in October for another trip to the US as a thought leader with some amazing practitioners, so wonderful opportunities to talk about how we can move medicine healthcare forward. Moving to a proactive model. So lots of really fantastic conversations and I love being a part of it. I feel blessed. But it's a lot when you're a mom, and it's lots of flights and clinic and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: It is. It's funny because you talk about high performance and longevity and cognitive function and eutropics and all things optimal you but in the middle of talking about all of these things, all three of us who kind of work vaguely in that different areas but overall same, how do we think better, do better, be better, look, you know, be biologically more efficient and all of those things. It's funny you can run yourself down well ironically talking about how to be optimal to others. So I guess self management, self awareness and self regulation is important for you in terms of your own body and your own mind and your own energy.
Speaker 3: Huge, huge, and I have to take really good care of myself. And I think we had a really random chat on one of the last podcasts about how when I was in Jubai at the end of last year and I had what I thought was a bit of a hot flash with perimenopause, but then realized when I went through a menopause doctor, actually it was more likely to be an anxiety like a panic attack, because I said to her it was the end of the I've done multiple talks that come from Saudi tod Jubai. I've got this hot flash. I just couldn't get my breath. I was up there and she said, oh, that's that's actually a panic attack, that's common in perimenopause. You're like wonderful. So since then, I really have made a big effort to rest as much as possible. And I'm lucky I'm flying business class. I wouldn't go. I couldn't do it any other way. So I'm resting on the plane. But I'm very strict, actually probably stricter with sort of taking care of myself when I'm away than when I'm at home. So in the morning, I'm having my greens powders. I'm trying to get out and walk see the sun straight away, kind of get that circadian rhythm sorted, going to bed to de decent now and not drinking alcohol. And even if there's been a few no's to even dinners, like sometimes they'll put on an event for me because I've come and I'm actually better now at just saying I'm really sorry, I'm really tired. I need to rest so that I can be at my best when I'm on stage tomorrow or whatever it may be. So, yeah, just being very conscious of mind energy output.
Speaker 1: I feel like sometimes when you're talking about all these high level things like neutropics and you know, genetic optimization and all of which are important and fascinating and moving forward, going to be a big part of how we operate and optimize our health, I guess. But at the same time, if we go down to level one, the basement, you know, where we're talking about sleep, we're talking about managing anxiety, we're talking about good nutrition, we're talking about moving your body, we're talking about lifting a few weights. I feel like some people want to bypass the basement stuff to get to level two. You know, it's like, you know what's great for cognitive function? Sleep? Yeah? Oh what neotropic? How about you fucking the sleep? Let's try that, because that is overwhelmingly the best thing you can do for your brain. Second, cut down on booze because that's fucking up your neurons. That's fucking up your brain. Thirdly, don't be dehydrated also makes you stupid, Like I forget the numbers, but you could probably tell us it's a small percentage of being dehydrated as she drinks some water that decreases our IQ do you know what I mean? And it's so funny when I talk about this in a corporate gig. I talk about the impact of consistent or regular dehydration on your body and tears drinking as well. And then all of a sudden, there's two hundred people in a room, one hundred and ninety five of drinking water, and they don't they don't even laugh, They don't even realize that they're but they all recognize, or a lot of them recognize that they don't. They literally don't drink enough. And it makes you stupid because your brains whatever ninety percent water.
Speaker 3: It's so true, and the sleep part of it. I have my little routine now, and this is definitely not for every listener because we're all different and shod work with a practitioner. But my little routine that just works so beautifully for me is Elthenine or love ealthine. Chiff's nodding. Do you take lthene as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I take two and gabber for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a nice product that I picked up, which actually I think we can get here in Australia now, and it's got elthenine, gabba rodiola, a few other little things in it. But even just straight elthenine, it has to be at least two hundred milligrams, so I track. I just took my whoop off because you get too close to your microphone. I bang my hands and then it hits on there and I did that. I was like, I'll take that off because my husband always lets me know how annoying it is when I bang the microphone and hit my hands on there and make noises. But when I have lthanine, I see that my deep sleep increases one hundred milligrams, which is often what they say you need. I don't have any change. I personally need two hundred milligrams. I know some people have more than that, but you know, definitely don't want to have more than the recommend a dose unless you're working with someone. But the lthenine magnesium glacinate and very low melatonin like one point five milligrams, And that's obviously for when I'm traveling in a different time zones, but that is just beautiful. I sleep really well. So now I've got my little thing where I know I can get and it doesn't matter what time of day it is, if I can just be calm, because it's not just taking the supplements. If you've been jumping around and you're on the screen, that's obviously going to affect you. It is about sort of winding down doing the lifestyle stuff as well. But that little combination works, and maybe it's even a bit of a placebo, like I know all those things work, but it makes me think I'm going to sleep, because one of my biggest issues with all the international travel was that I wouldn't sleep. You're on the other side of the world and it's daytime in Australia and I'm not sleeping, and then I've got to get up and perform. Whereas now my sleep is much much better when I travel. But I also walk as much as I can. I try to make time if I can in the morning and seeing a bit of sunlight, like just getting out and moving my body as well. Once upon a time, I'd be so tired, I'd be like, oh, just stay in the hotel room. I'm just going to cheer. I'm going to unpack my bag, have a shower, and just hibernate. Now I'm like, get it. If it's daytime, it's like get outside, like it doesn't matter how you feel, move my body and it's and I sleep so much better as well.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us a little bit about the protocol for the biological age evaluation? What does that look like? What is that? What are the bits and pieces.
Speaker 3: So it's from a dietary perspective, relatively high protein because there's the assumption that everyone's exercising at least thirty minutes a day, and there's three strength training sessions. So the protein was one point six to two grams of protein per kilo of ideal body weight, so it doesn't mean your total body weight. If you are ten kilos overweight, then a little bit less. So relatively high protein with the assumption that we are building some muscle, and we had people do DEXes and they did lose weight and build muscle. From a vegetable perspective, it's six serves of veggies a day for those listening, a serve of cooked vegetables. So let's say you got your sweet potato or your broccoli. It's half a cup. It's not very much at all. So six serves in total, and that is including two serves of chrysiferous chrysiferous things like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, so they've got things in them that really support what we call liver health and detoxification and things like that. Great for metabolizing hormones and stuff as well for women that need that so chrysiferous. Two serves of greens. One of the biggest questions is if I have broccoli, is that a serve of greens as well? The answer is no, you need to have two serves of greens, whether that's spinach or other leafy greens, and then two serves of colored so red, orange, yellow. All those what we call phitronutrients in the colors are amazing antioxidants. You know a lot of people supplement with all of these crazy things, but the truth is you get them in these colored vegetables. So the different colors, the different types of veggies, you get all these things to support your gut, all these natural antioxidants, all this beautiful fiber. So six serves of veggies, it's not a ketogenic diet. There is whole grains, fermented food if people can tolerate it, at least one server a day, as many and spices as you want, and a serve of nuts and seeds and two serves of fruit. So it's quite a lot of food. We had some people saying this is a lot of food. We had others who didn't think it was much because they were getting rid of all the carbs and all of a sudden they felt like they needed to eat more. But it's definitely not a low food diet in the sense of, yeah, plenty of whole foods. That's the food component. We got the exercise component, the supplements, and again, of course work with a practitioner or at least speak to a pharmacist or someone before you jump in. I definitely don't recommend self prescribing. But we had a bee complex, and that was a methylated bee complex to support something called methylation, which is sort of all the epigenetic stuff there things sitting on the DNA, so methylated bees ubiquanol, which is an active form of co Q ten. This supports your mitochondria, your batteries. That was two hundred milligrams. So the research which most of the research shows that around one hundred milligrams to three hundred milligrams is really beneficial for cardiovascular health, you know, longevity, reducing oxidative stress. So I sort of went in the middle two hundred milligrams and then I had nigotinamide ribocide. So for those of your you'll have probably a ton of listeners that are sort of fitt into that almost biohackery lito, MNN and the NAD precursors. So the only one that's regulated and approved here in Australia so far with TGA out of all those different things that everyone sees online is called nicotimind riboside NR. Very low dose one hundred milligrams, So for those people that do look at online these supplements sometimes there's really high doses. Everything I did was sort of standard or lower dose, something called rerisperratrol, and then a bit of a complex that had NAC sulfur of fame which comes from the chrysiferous vegetables, and a few things to support liver health. So those five supplements, and if someone was not eating oily fish, so we recommended a couple of serves of oily fish, particularly small oily fish, sardines. If people like them, I know lots of people don't. I don't either. Unfortunately, do you eat sardines.
Speaker 1: Them, Tiff, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just because they're good for me. All the Amiga three because they're small fish, they don't accumulate all the environmental pollutants. They're not getting the mercury, they're not getting all the crap that we threw in the ocean. So they're really a good source of protein and amiga threes. But if people aren't eating small oily fish, we educated them on the importance of amiga threes. A lot of people aren't getting enough. And there's this issue and I think you've had many speakers on your podcast before great talking about that Amiga six Amiga three ratio, the importance of healthy, healthy fats, so reducing those you know, seed oils, Amiga six's improving your Amiga threes. And then vitamin D was not Stan did supplement, but we did do blood testing and if someone was deficient in iron or vitamin D, we would talk about that with them. So and then mindfulness, which is up your alley five to ten minutes of mindfulness a day. There were some guided meditations and mindfulness suggestions and apps provided and most of them did it. To be honest, this was not part of the protocol initially but got thrown in and most people loved it. Was cold showers.
Speaker 1: Wow, sounds like Paul Tyler thing. You know.
Speaker 3: It was a full tailor thing. It was not in the protocol protocol. And then because we had group sessions every fortnite to talk to people about other things as well, like reducing chemicals and toxins in your environment because that affects, you know, biological age, and so we had these are the sessions every fortnight, and he said the cold showers. I would say to the listeners that cold showers. Yes, there's quite a bit of evidence, and it sort of builds that that was rezilience and the kind of cohort we had in the study, most of them were able to tolerate that really well. But I also work with some people that have chronic fatigue or long term stress, and they're just a little bit more vulnerable, and I don't want to add any more stress straight away, so I am still a little bit cautious with the cold showers, although we have tons of great evidence for it.
Speaker 1: I think It's really important with all of this to point out that, you know, everything needs to be on an individual level. You need to see how your body responds to that. So you're right. For some people, cold showers, as Paul Taylor says, tikety boo amazing. For other people, it doesn't create an amazing result. Just like two people with the same condition take the same medicine and they get totally different outcomes because they don't live in the same body and they don't have the same responses to the same stimulize. So it's trying to figure out what's optimal for me ergo personalized medicine. But that even with something like where people talk about mindfulness and meditation, and quite rightly, as you said, this is up your ally. I fucking hate min mindfulness and meditation me personally, like me sitting on the floor or in a you know, just I don't work like that. But I realized that a lot of other people get great benefit from it. So my advice is, see if that works for you. Like I feel way more relaxed walking at the beach, walking at the beach, like listening to something awesome or listening to nothing. I feel ironically and almost counterintuitively more relaxed. Riding a motorbike, I feel, you know, just being obviously not in bumper a bumper traffic, but riding a motorbike, I feel really calm, I feel happy. My energy is great, I believe it, or not, very relaxed. So I think that whole thing of I do this, and this was the outcome, which is definitely not what you're saying. So therefore you you should do that. This will help your body. No, this might help your body. Let's see, let's see how you respond. Now, I will backtrack a little bit. That was a beautiful answer that you gave, but to the wrong question I asked you. I didn't ask you what your protocol was or what that I asked you about getting the biological age test done that protocol so.
Speaker 3: You wanted to know more? No, No, I mean to reduce their biological age.
Speaker 1: I know I would have got to that, but you shared it anyway, and it was beautiful. But just because here's what happens. Every time I talk about biological age, not versus but in contrast to chronological age, I have at least five people ten people come up and go, oh, that's really interesting. Where can I get it done? So what is the protocol to assess your biological age that you did or that you use?
Speaker 3: So I used a company. They're in America. They're called True Diagnostic and I get no you know, blacks of money from the test. But that was the test that was first distributed here in Australia. And it has some really great markers in it in that there are some things like what we call a duneat and pace that talks about your pace of aging. Some of the listeners might have heard about that, like big biohackers like Brian Johnson talks about how he slowed his age and so it has that in it. It has some other biological age assessments. One of them is called the intrinsic age which he's linked to a guy called Stephen Horvath, who by the way, I met in London and now linked with his clock foundation dropping more names as an additional look at you gu So he's really the father of the biological age testing. He brought out the first epigenetic or biological age clock that sort of looked was able to measure biological agental tissue. So there's one based on his algorithm The point is that the true diagnostic has lots of different biological age tests. Now it's not always easy to interpret because different companies, different tests that have come out over the last decade, assess biological age differently, So you need to be cautious if you are going to do a test, you want to be looking at the same test that's using the same you know, if they're looking at methylation, which is what I'm looking at changes on the DNA that are linked with aging that same test, because you can't compare one to the other. It's not like genetics, like if you've got MTHFR and you're a TT, doesn't matter what company you go to. That's what you got from your parents. Your genes will never change. But epigenetics, these biological age tests, different people are coming out with different ways to assess it. So there's one called PhenoAge which is very popular. It's been reproduced in multiple cohorts, lots of studies. It's more based on metabolic health blood markers CRP, which is inflammation, liver enzymes, things like that. So some are more around metabolic health linking with more d A damage. So there's quite a few on the market now. And I would look for a practitioner that does this kind of testing or or I don't know if this is.
Speaker 1: A appropriate and uh color is whatever it is.
Speaker 3: I have a calculator that you can plug your blood results in that matches the pheno age, which has been shown to be valid, and you can work it out yourself, like just having your full blood count and your liver enzymes and you're inflammatory markers. I will tell everyone the pheno age is great. I come out like a decade younger. I love it, of course, but there are other biological age tests where I don't come out so young, So some of them will always predict you a little bit higher. That's how that goes, and some of them always come out a bit younger. But if you come out older in the pheno age, you've got work to do. You are on the road for chronic illness or you probably already have one, or you've got what we call accelerated aging, and you're more likely to get these age related conditions. So there's a lot we know now. We're really the first generation to understand the molecular things that happen at a level cellular level with aging. And what I will say to everyone is you can undo this even if you're biologically older, like I came out the first time, coming off the back of having Graves disease and caring for parents and stresses. There's so much that you can do even in a short amount of time. But with the testing you can do it yourself with blood bio markers, or if you want epigenetic testing, you need to work with someone like me. Not that I'm seeing anyone in the moment, but little plug, I'm going to have a retreat next year where I'm going to work with a group of people around biological age. If people are interested in that reach out, we could do something together, Harps.
Speaker 1: We could could you know what I'm thinking? Yep, sure, let's talk about that. I will make everyone breakfast and you can run the program. That's what? What the fuck am I going to do?
Speaker 3: What stand live and breathe Like reducing your cellular coological age? Here's what about?
Speaker 1: Here's what I want to buy logical age test that incorporates votwo MAC subvotwo MAC strength, balance, coordination, cognitive performance, bone density. Like want to I want to see if you give me ten people and let them walk twenty meters in front of me, just across I will tell you who's the oldest by function. Do you know what I mean with a level of accuracy without access to any of that data, because I mean, you look at some people. This is what I'm sharing everyone. It's bro science, it's opinion. And also everything that Denise is sharing is great, but it's not a personal recommendation. Of course, we need to say that as our disclaimer. But the information is she's at the pointy end of this stuff. So I trust her believer and value her opinion, but I want to know. In fact, we'll ask Tiff as well. So I think the average fifty year old in Australia, this is not an insult. I reckon the average chronologically fifty year old in Australia. I'm not talking about individuals, but across the board probably somewhere closer to fifty five biologically.
Speaker 3: I would agree one hundred percent, and there's actually data.
Speaker 1: For that, right. So that's like I look at people, and I mean, I'm not the bright shining light in the middle of this. I've been crooked the last month, so I'm just coming out of that now. But in general terms, you know, when I'm not crook. I'm you know, relatively fit, healthy, strong, don't smoke, don't drink, don't do all that shit. And none of that is because I'm gifted or lucky or special or got great genetics. It's just all about my behavior and my choices, right, Tiff, What do you think like with the average fifty year old? Because you work with bodies all the time you train, you probably work with more bodies than Denise and I on a practical physical level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that gives me a warped view because I was having to chat with someone recently and we were talking about age, and I'm like, oh, it doesn't surprise me when people are younger than I think they're younger than they are because a lot of a lot of my clients are over sixty, but they're young.
Speaker 3: Like I hang out with you, you're sixty and you're young.
Speaker 2: Like people that are in my world, living my lifestyle that I'm hanging out with, even when they're twenty years older, They're hanging out like we're like a pack of twenty year olds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what do you reckon? The gap is about five years at that age to give or take.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we we obviously it's a little bit later in life, but we definitely have this once we're sort of aging, you know, seventies, we know there is this health gap, so people are generally aging at a faster rate and that last decade of life. In Australia, most Australians have at least one, if not more, chronic illnesses and are not aging well. They have a disability, they can't function, they need help. So you know, this starts in the fifties and sixties. They don't wake up at seventy not being able to move their body, having that pain, having that whatever it is, whether they're on their cholesterol medication or their blood pressure medication or you know, having issues with blood glucose, all that starts so much earlier. So I do think that a lot of people are biologically, at a cellular level older, and it's not their fault. You know, if someone is and you're struggling now and you're even sort of younger and you're having some of these issues, you've got a chronic illness. It's the world around us. We are and this is all the stuff that we say all the time. You know, we're sitting all the time. It's the amount of chemicals and toxins in the environment. The food is different. You know, we're on the screens. You know, we're not sleeping as well, we're not moving our bodies as much. Now, that's not the people that you're working with, Tiff, or that you're working with, Craig, and the people that come to see me are pretty much most of them are already in this world as well. But that's not the majority. There are a lot of people out there that are under day to day stress. They're feeling financial pressure, they're feeling family pressure, they just feel like, you know, they can't cope. There's some mental health I mean, you know this too, Creig. You know all the mental health disorders are increasing, chronic illnesses are increasing. Pain. So there's a majority of people that are struggling, and some of them, I don't think realize. Like you said, with sleep, how easy. Now it doesn't mean it's easy, because it's hard to change your habits, but how easy it can be to start to undo these things. And like you said, going back to what you said before, Craig, getting the foundations right and not just jumping to supplements or HRT. You know, we've discussed this in the podcast before. But I had a beautiful patient that I saw yesterday and who was you know, we were talking about HRT whether she was going to go down that route and you know, we've decided not to for a while. We can do some more testing. But she even said she worked it out herself. You know, at the end of the consult, she's like, so, really, I probably should just change some of these things first, because I was talking to her about how much I know that I can control my symptoms when I'm taking care of myself. You know, that panic attack hasn't happened since because I'm making a lot of effort to ensure that that I'm taking care of myself. But when I'm under the high stress, when i haven't slept or I do go and drink alcohol, and then I'm hot and flustered and whatever, that's when the hot flashes, and that's when it all becomes a bit more difficult and I'm not feeling great. But she was having a lot of issues sleeping five to seven hours. I have a questionnaire. We've got to get this sorted. You know, she's having coffees in the afternoon and she's a fast caffeine metabolizer. But still you don't want to be having coffee, you know, particularly you know, after two and she's on her screen at night like so many people, and I said, how about before we think about progesterone and HRT for sleep. She came to that conclusion around I don't. I don't. I'm not that kind of practitioners. We work together, but we're like, let's just do that for a few months. Let's just let's just move coffee. Maybe we could even try no coffee at all, or just you know, one coffee earlier in the day. Let's get off the screen at night and see if your sleep gets a little better. She's already exercising, eating relatively well, and then we can start to think about whether it's the hormones affecting your sleep. So you want to get all of these things right because they're the foundations ether thing's going to make you feel really good. There is no quick fix. There is no quick fix, whether it's a medication, a supplement, or a hormone. You have some people say I feel fantastic, but the reality is most of them have done the groundwork.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, yeah, love. All of that has cut only one thing that I object to. I don't really object to it because you actually early in there you went, it's not our fault, I reckon, it is our fault sometimes. Now that's not about blame or self loathing. It's about awareness. Because you said, oh, she drinks coffee in the afternoon, she's on score. Well, these are all choices, like nobody's putting a gun to your head saying, you know, be on your computer at ten o'clock at night or drink coffee at four pm. And so while we don't want to beat ourselves up, of course, and you're exactly right, there are a lot of variables like what's in the water, you know, what foods processed in and packaged in, and thalates and all the effect of you know, and the crime disruptors and all that shit, right, which, but then there's this stuff like I can sit down with anyone and say to them, be brave and honest in the moment, what are five things you're currently doing that are dumb? And if they'll go, oh, well, you know, I probably thirty percent more food than I need to. Okay, cool, So that's great, thanks for being brave. There's no hate in that there's no judgment or ridicule. There's just honesty and self awareness, because we can't change what we're not aware of, or we can't change what we won't acknowledge, you know. So I think it's almost doing an audit on our own behaviors and outcomes and realizing, you know, like you said before we went live, I'm probably doing too much. And next year I'll change that a bit. You may, you may not. I do the same, tip does the same. I still do dumb shit. I've changed a lot of shit to do that is now more intelligent and less stupid. But I think there's got to be a part in this because we like, what are we talking about. We're talking about change. We're talking about physical, mental, emotional, behavioral change. We're talking about the results that we're producing with our body and the results that we're producing in the world. And then in order to do better, we need to think better and choose better and behave better. And I think sometimes before we go down the rabbit hole of which drug or which supplement or which you know, which CrossFit workout should we do? All of those things matter, But I think sometimes we've got to go like way way back even below the base level we're talking about it. It's like, what's the thing that I do that's stupid. Oh well, I eat on autopilot. I don't think or you know, I have five to seven drinks a day. And again this is just honesty and awareness. It's like, yeah, let's just you know, you can't go get a new body, bro like that body that's the one. You can't fuck it. You can fuck up a lot of things and replace it, you know, but you can't replace your body. And once it's fucked, I mean fact, it's fucked. So you know, I'm always very much about we can't change you know, time, We can't change chronological aging at all, we have no influence on it. But we can change the way that we age. We can change our physiology and biology over the you know, that's the variable amidst the consistency of you know, day to day time. And so it's trying to I think, you know, with what Tiff does, with what you do, with what I do. It's like I say to audiences all the time, you know, at the end of it, I go, well, look, I just shared with you ninety minutes of theory, ideas, strategies, science. You know, bit of data, you know, a bit of silliness, some stories. Who's more motivated than you were an hour ago or an hour and a half. Every hand goes up and I go, great, it's going to pass. What happens then, like, what can you do when the theory, the ideas, the podcast, the lecture, the inspiration has passed? Because ultimately what matters is not what we know. What we know really matters, but what matters most is what we do with that knowledge and how we practically and consistently apply that knowledge to create whatever is close to our optimal result. And so how many people know they should exercise? Fucking everyone? How many do? Hardly anyone? Right, It's not a knowledge issue, a lot of it. How many people know that eating junk food is bad? I'd say nearly everyone in Australia, you know. But nonetheless, people who are already unhealthy, who already don't like the way they look or feel, will buy McDonald's tonight. I'm not judging that. I'm not saying they're bad people. I'm saying these are two facts that exist. One, they're in an unhealthy body. They want to be healthy too. On the same day, day by junk, you know, and so this is the at some stage there has to be an internal, psychological and emotional revolution. So people like I'm not that person anymore because they can you know, you can give them a day of your time. You can give them twenty grand worth of you. I'm sure that's under selling you, but I wish. But at the end of the day, what matters is what they do with what they know, and what they can keep doing over time.
Speaker 3: Right, I think you are right in the sense when I say it's not their fault. Yes, they're making decisions, but I think some people genuinely there are people in our world that really know the things they should be doing. But there are some people that actually just go, I really had no idea that looking at my phone really had such a massive impact on my sleepers. And they'll come back and go, wow, I haven't got my phone in my room and I really am sleeping better. It's like they're shocked, but they actually didn't. They really didn't think it was having such a big impact. Or as if you start taking out some of these you know, whether it's natural skin care products or just changing the food just a little bit, you know, small changes and they're like, Wow, I'm actually not getting bloating anymore. I'm not getting that brain fog just by changing a few foods. And I think some people are genuinely shocked because even though they kind of know, they don't really believe that these changes are going to have such a big impact. But for those that do, it's great because sometimes that keeps the momentum going. But the reality is, as you would know, even once the momentum is going, often people fall back into habits, and I think it comes down to stress fatigue, you know, dopamine people just looking for that dopamine hit. Are you doing stuff with dopamine and neurotransmitters in your PhD?
Speaker 1: Not particularly, No, but we talk a fair bit about pressing the dopamine button on this show, you know, for lots of different reasons, and that, you know, one of the biggest challenges I talk about with people is being able to delay gratification. You know, is where you know you could just push that button and in five seconds or five minutes, you're going to feel fucking great. If you don't push that button, you're not going to feel great, and you're also not going to get any reward. Back anytime soon, because sometimes you've got to go through months of not pushing the button to start to see and experience the real reward, you know, to get to that long term you know whatever emotional, psychological, physiological state. But I agree with you, Like I said, I agree with you. I think what you say and what I'm saying those things are both true and they both coexist, you know, they can exist side by side where we go. Oh, of course there's lots of shit people don't know, but there's also shit people do know, and people do know shit that they do know this is bad and then nonetheless do it. And then there's people who don't know that how toxic or potentially damaging that thing is, and they you know, they can't operationalize what they don't know. So yeah, absolutely, And that's why I mean literally, this is why we have this discussion, just to open the door for people or just to get people thinking or yeah, yeah, I had.
Speaker 3: My first corporate gig. I guess you would call it. I don't do sort of what you do. I'm most generally medical conferences and speaking to practitioners most of the time, like you know, whether they're doctors or you know, health people in that health space, and I one of my clients. I had no idea. She has this beautiful business with seven hundred staff, like it's her business she's created, had no idea. She just sold it to someone in Japan. But she said, can you come along and talk? I'm having this sort of women in business HR things. She had all these really high performing women and it was so much fun. There was no slides, there was no prepared talk.
Speaker 1: What are you yeah?
Speaker 3: And she had some questions. We didn't even go through her questions because it ended up just being that, you know, the thirty women that were at the event just ask questions randomly. But it was such a great experience to just sit there and be able to talk to these people about health. You know, high performing, high functioning people that are dealing with day to day high level stress and trying to be a mum and trying to do this and trying to be healthy, but the crap that they see online and almost I felt like I was just doing mythbusting to be honest, like it was just what about this? I was like hmm and no, no, no, no, no, I don't know if I don't think you need that and let's come back to basics. But there was a really interesting question at the end of it. And actually I think she was quite happy with me. She goes, I thought I was going to hate you. She was really honest, she goes, I thought you were going to come in and say you got to sleep this many out nine hours every night, and you can't drink alcohol, and you've got to do this, and because of course we know these things help, but I'm realistic about socializing and connecting and think, you know, eighty twenty et cetera. But in the end, she just said, can you just tell me one thing? She said, I loved everything you said, but if there was just one one thing I had to do, Like if I just took she said, You've talked about you know, so many things, and I don't have one thing. But what just was flashing in my mind. It almost felt like it was too simple to say, but it just kept flashing, and I was like, Okay, I'm going to tell you what's in my mind. I said, go for a walk every day, I said, just go for a walk, I said, and just pay attention to your thoughts, pay attention to how your body feels, and a bit like what you were talking about before, Harps. You don't like meditating. I don't either, but often I think meditating something that I've recently learned, and whether it's true or not, but this is what I've been told and I love it because I don't think I'm good at meditating. Is that meditating is just being okay with your thoughts. It's actually just being okay, we're sitting with who you are. It's not about going like blank, which of course I don't do, ding ding ding ding ding. It's just being okay with what's popping up and paying attention to all the things that are going on in your mind and do you need to deal with that or do you just push that aside? It's not important. And I think with walking with me, it is almost a little bit of form of meditation, and that sort of grounds you and then just from that little moment, then you're more likely to maybe make a better food choice or drink water instead of something else, and it leads into something else. And there is no right or wrong one thing. But I think they were all a little bit shocked. They were happy, but how simple. You know, we'd got into genetics and all the cool testing I do, and then they're like, what's the one thing like And it's just for a walk every day and pay attention to your thoughts, you know. And it is just coming back to those basics and also working out what works for you. Because even though I said it's a walk, you know, for you Harps, it's a ride on the motorbike. Don't try to force yourself to do something because someone else said it's the right thing to do. Because I'll give you a recent example, as in literally last week, I'd gone from one event to the other. There were some issues in Sea, so I didn't arrive in Melbourne till after midnight. I was speaking the next day. I just and I had come from sort of three events in a row, and I just felt really on edge. I had a great presentation, I saw all these wonderful colleagues. Nothing about the event was out of you know, I loved it. But I just came back to the hotel room and I just felt so on edge and I was like, I need to calm the fuck down. I've just gone from playing to events I've been on. I've been on. I was like, I'm gonna have a bath and listen to meditation. I could not sit still in the bath. I was like, I was getting up here and I'm sitting there and I'm like lay down and relaxed, Denise, like switch off, and what I should have done. I needed to move my body. I needed to do something because I don't love just sitting there and doing meditation. But it's so funny even me, I went, I need to calm down. You've just been on I want to sleep well tonight. I'm going to have a bath. There was this spa bath in the room, but I didn't enjoy it, and afterwards I was like, I should have just done a few yoga poses. I should have gone for a walk, Like I needed to move my body and get all that in it. You through me. So it's knowing what works for you and not just what you've read online or what someone else is saying.
Speaker 1: It's like the idea of it. It's better than the reality of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in the bath, going, why aren't I relaxed? Why can't I just lay yet?
Speaker 1: It's like relax right now, you fucking relax.
Speaker 3: Now You've got meditation on your inner bathroom in a hotel room by yourself. Everything's right now, Come on, Denise, come on now.
Speaker 1: We know you're busy. We appreciate you. You're amazing. You've got a million things on. So we'll let you go, but tell people how to connect with you and read you and hear you, and.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so you can if you want to connect. It's probably easier to go to the website's bit of an outdated website, but there's a page there and you can reach out. If you've got any questions, that'll go to my assistance. She'll let me know if you I'm not taking on any patients at the moment. We're just crazy till the end of the year. But next year we are looking at doing these retreats and the first.
Speaker 1: HAPs will be to be there apparently.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I've got a couple that have sold out already, so we could talk about some biological age ones with harps. So if you're interested in that kind of stuff, let me know. And yeah, if you've got any questions otherwise, I will talk to you here next time that I pop up on the You Project.
Speaker 1: Perfect love you, guts, thank you so much. I hope you enjoy the netball. Denise is off to I'll referee.
Speaker 3: Do we call it umpie umpire netball?
Speaker 1: I should know that I used to work in the netty well with the girls. All Right, we'll chat off air, but for the mini. Thanks thanks TIV, Thanks TIV.
Speaker 2: Thanks as you get an F for mic technique, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Thanks everyone? Why why what did I do?
Speaker 3: Get off it?
Speaker 1: I told you to tell me what I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Leaning on it.
Speaker 3: He's leaning on it, Denise.
Speaker 1: I'm literally two inches away from it.
Speaker 3: That's the actually sounds okay to me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Denise.
Speaker 2: It's so gainy, So thank you, Denise. I feel I'm fighting with both of you.
Speaker 3: I feel like Craig sounds clear and you sound really quiet to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, praise the Lord. Thank you. Come on. Yeah, that's what's coming through for me. Everyone. Yeah, Tip one's feedback till you give her feedback. See what happens. See everyone.
Speaker 3: Hi,