Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Mapswining podcast, and today I have some sad news for you with a follow up on Rihe and Jeff. Over the last two weeks, as we know, rumors have been circulating about re and Jeff potentially splitting up. When I asked me about this directly, she said to me, all's good. And I then sat in this studio, behind this very microphone and I told you, lovely people listening, how they've essentially been going through a rough patch, but it seemed that things may now be on the up. Yeah, well about that. A load of their followers have now noticed over the last like say, twenty four hours, how they've unfollowed each other on Instagram. Or I'd say, actually, they haven't unfollowed each other. I would say one of them blocked the other one, because when I go down Rehe's profile all her posts which still have Jeff in them, like she hasn't took them on. They're still a lot, but he's no longer tagged in them. And when someone blocks the other like it automatically untas them in all of your existing content. So I would say they haven't unfollowed. Someone's blocked someone, which drama, and Jeff has also unpinned his posts which are at the top of his profile, which were him and re and you know, this is essentially they're not so sort of millennial way of saying we're done, see you later, get off my profile. And yesterday Daily Mel came out and basically said, yeah, they have officially broken up and they've been living apart for a couple of weeks. And that then caused a bit more confusion, especially in my comments on Facebook, because people were saying they saw a video recently on maybe one of their stories saying that they're still together, which I didn't see, so I don't know how true that is. But there's still a lot of confusion out there because Rie and Jeff still haven't like directly come out and said anything. But what I can tell you right now is and this is kind of what I've been told firstly, over the last couple of weeks, as everyone has kind of been wanting a definitive answering commenting on everything like I.
Speaker 2: Used to together, what's going on? Have you broken?
Speaker 1: Like? Tell us, tell us, tell us. They haven't responded because it hasn't really been a definitive answer, and you know, often with breakups, when there's a bit of history and you live together and your life are like intertwined in many ways, it's rarely a wake up and one day one of you just go, Okay, it's over for good, get out the house. Well, unless something big and extreme like cheating something happens or there's a big incident which would lead to that imminent end. But I'm told that it's just not the case here. And the general word in the mass world about them is that kind of gradually things just changed and like a distance set in and they kind of grew apart, which you know happens. And as they've been like trying to figure things out and taking a bit of time apart while talking things through and figuring out like what do we want to do, this is kind of when everyone has noticed because of the now lack of content of them together and just been spamming them for answers, and you know, they've never come out and said yes or no, because well, I'm told that again, no real decision had been made, And like that must be hard having that pressure of like are you still together?
Speaker 2: Have you broken up?
Speaker 1: When you haven't even figured out yourself and It's funny actually to think about, because when it comes to relationships from reality shows like this that we have kind of watched blossom and you know we have felt a part of, and you know, we watch them be fast tracked in front of our eyes as part of an experiment on the Telly like.
Speaker 2: People often then.
Speaker 1: Expect those relationships to continue to be as black and white as they continue on in the real world.
Speaker 2: But that's not really how real life works.
Speaker 1: Like Ree and Jet haven't continued doing the commitment ceremonies with stay or leave on the sofa every Sunday where they would have an answer in writing every week, which I suppose is what a lot of people kind of their mindset is. They still expect that of couples from shows like this, but you know, real decisions are complex and they're layered and they do take time like this one.
Speaker 2: And even when I've asked.
Speaker 1: People like who are in the know over the last week or so, and by that I mean just people who are from maths previously, I know Ree and Jeff like they've just told me like, oh, I just give them a bit of time.
Speaker 2: No one quite knows anything.
Speaker 1: But now it seems as of twenty four hours ago, Rie and Jeff do know, and they've decided to split for good. And now I suppose we were getting to the well, why what happened? According to the Daily Mail yesterday, this is all apparently, and remember that word apparently, because as of right now, none of this is proven, but they claim this is all because Jeff was putting less and less effort in and had.
Speaker 2: Stopped taking re on dates.
Speaker 1: And that line from the US has now kind of started this narrative, like in this story that re equals the good one and Jeff equals the bad one. Because remember, when it comes to reality TV, even what a year two years off show, there's still this expectation that every story must have that hero and a villain, which you know, I get, and this is how the media works.
Speaker 2: But I also feel it.
Speaker 1: Is often unfair because now off the back of that story, which you know that may be true, I don't know, but the comments I'm now seeing people like, well, I also hear Jeff did this or said this, or you know, all these random claims which are just gossive and made up things. But that is now essentially building on this narrative, which is he equals the bad person here and again this may be true, but it also may not be true. And I personally think until like one of them and both of them comes out and says something, let's not get carried away, because ultimately in the maths world, and I say this on my own experiences with them, these are two of the nicer people we've ever had on this show. And Daily Mail also said yesterday and please listen to these words like exactly how they do it.
Speaker 2: This is the exact quote.
Speaker 1: It is also understood that Jeff is heading to the UK solo for business. Now that exact quote there is Jeff is heading to the un which to me sounds like he's off on a business trip maybe for a couple of weeks, a couple of months. But other websites such as the Tab, which is like a gossip and I think it's in the UK. I'm now reading from them right now, and they've now said this about the split.
Speaker 2: Jeff is now said to be.
Speaker 1: Moving to the UK alone for work, and the Tab then credits Daily Mail for that piece of info that Jeff's moving to the other side of the world, despite the fact Daily Mail never said that. They said he's just heading to the UK, implying for what a trip, not moving there forever, which are very different things. And when I keep talking about the word narrative and narratives in the media, this is what I mean. Like, you see how easy it is for one thing to be taken out of context and exaggerated and dramatized. And now everyone's takeaway from any story they click or read is Jeff no longer equaled the bad one, Jeff equaled the horrible one, like how could he do this?
Speaker 2: To read? How can he dumper or move to London?
Speaker 1: Because that's the comments I'm now despite none of us actually knowing, and neither of the people involved confirming god denying. And you know, Jeff may actually be moving to the UK forever and maybe that is the reason behind everything, but again, right.
Speaker 2: Now, no one knows.
Speaker 1: And ultimately, until either of them do say something publicly, I'm gonna stay sat here on this fence, impartial because as I said, like these two to me, they've always been the most unproblematic couples. So yeah, until one of them comes out and says otherwise, I'm gonna hold off the side taking and the shit talking and remain on this fence and I urge you to sit on it with me, which is quite boring and not because we all want the drama.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel a bit icky like fueling this narrative more myself on this platform when I literally have no idea, say yeah,