Speaker 1: Appoge production. Yeah, I knocked on the door. He was heaps older than than I was. And that was November twenty seventh, nineteen eighty seven. I did that. Yeah, that was the date that I started longer the booking for two hours, so there were two hour bookings, then two fifty for two hours, I know first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you saw, well that.
Speaker 1: We were told you were you were to talk for an hour, talk for an hour, talk for an hour. Of course they didn't, but you were told to talk for an hour, be a lady, and then you know, maybe just seduce him or entice him onto the bed. So I said, they go hi, you know, and and I think I used my real name then. I didn't know that you had to have a fake hooker name, you know. Yeah, so hi, and I said hi. You know, I was just gigging and oh, you know, nice room things like that. I just did not know what what the hell to do, and he certainly knew. So the talking did not go on very long, and it was over very very quickly, and I just remember going, oh my god. And then he said, oh, you know, you can go now. And it was less than two hours, isn't it? And you know, I had the money. You always got the money up front. That was drilled into us get the money up front. So I got the money, and.
Speaker 2: You know, how did you feel walking out of that room? Then?
Speaker 3: Did you feel like that it was the same thing going for your head when you walked in you're going to walk out to the Did you feel like that or did you just what?
Speaker 2: Was it a different feeling?
Speaker 1: No? I did. I felt I felt like a prostitute. I felt like I am now a prostitute.
Speaker 2: I have now off by eager to get another job.
Speaker 1: I had two hundred and fifty dollars cash in my hand. I was on one hundred and sixty dollars away and I just earned that in like ten minutes. You know. Of course we got I think one fifty and the agency got one hundred. So I had earned literally almost double my pay packer in ten minutes. And that's where the addiction started, at that moment, staring at that cash. And we drove across. My friend drove and she picked me up. Oh how was it? And oh god, I did it, you know, and we're both looking at the money. And then we drove across the Harbor Bridge and we say, you know that we're in the money. We were singing that song, yeah, and we just thought we were rich. Now, we made two thousand dollars each that week and that was unheard of. There's a lot of money, and you know, we were I think we were very popular because we were young and fresh and guys wanted that, you know, so they would say, oh, who's you knew girl? Has she worked before? Has she got tattoos? You weren't allowed to have tattoos. Yeah, a lot of the girls covered their tattoos in those days.
Speaker 3: It was awkward being like like I always I've had one prostitute on before, and she said it was sometimes awkward. You know, the guy's touching year and you know they want to get kind of intimate, they want to kind of kiss.
Speaker 2: Here was it was? It hard.
Speaker 1: It was hard because especially for the first time. Yeah, prostitutes never kissed, you know that that's saying. And so we would kind of just giggle and say.
Speaker 2: When he said to kind of a blow job, did you know what it was? Then?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I just blew I did. I actually really yes, I thought that, and I'm like going, okay, okay. It was like I ended up blowing like a cyclone. You know, I think he's going to get off on that, but he didn't, you know, and he's like, what's have you done this before? I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm real experienced, and he could tell I wasn't, and he just sent me away.
Speaker 2: With the money.
Speaker 1: With the money, Yeah, a lot of guys felt sorry for me. A lot of guys did feel sorry for me and sent me away with the money. So of course, you know, wow, that was good, but a lot didn't, and a lot were violent and a lot stressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got you got into situations where they where they were what.
Speaker 1: Hit you or I never actually got hit because I was very fast. But I remember one one guy saying to me back then and he said, it's girls like you that deserve a punch in the face because I had a really big mouth, because I got angry in the end. And I remember at the start, I kind of did it, and then I stopped for three months because I just couldn't mentally handle it. And so what happened was I went to this job and I was just getting really mouthy with guys and though, fuck you getting you confident now in the stage, Oh, yes, yes, yeah, that was the thing because I realized that I could kind of say it and get away with it, you know, and I think I got a bit of power and it went to my head and so I was like, oh, fuck you, go fuck yourself, go wenk yourself, asshole, and they're like, well, you know, and in those days that they would really hit girls who were working without any ramifications. And I remember this guy came really close to me. He says, girls like you that deserve a punch in the face. And I said, we'll go and cunt punch me. Give it your best shot, because if I get back up, I'm going to kill you, and like it was your size. But I was so cocky and so confident that I really thought if he punched me that I wouldn't be knocked out flat on the ground, which I would have been. I would have got back up and killed him. That's what I really believed within myself, you know, because you were invincible at that age, you know. I just thought, well, I'm going to give him my mouth by yourself. That was yeah, yeah. No. I never had protection or anything like that. No, so I had to use my brain to really, I guess predict what they said. And there is something that I called the hooker's sixth sense. You know how you have the five senses, and you know you might lose your sight while your smell we're hearing. With something like that, there's this hook of sixth sense. And what happens is it develops over time and you'll meet a guy and your gut will start churning. He's done everything right, he's given the address, he's given the nearest cross street, he's given his mobile number, his landline, he's done everything right. But you walk in and your gut is churning for no reason, and he's getting you a drink and he's really nice, and inside your gut is telling you get the fuck out now. But you've got that money in your hand, and you're kind of obligated to stay while you feel obligated. So I know I could have handed the money back, should have trusted my gut, And sometimes in the end I did. Sometimes I didn't for the sake of the money, because the money was the addiction, and you think, oh, you know, I'll just put up with this, it'll be fine, I'll get out of this. But there was one one particular time I remember, I really thought I was going to die. I really thought I was going to die. And it was that scenario where everything was right, There was nothing wrong with this guy. Why was my gut churning? Why was my hooker gut telling me get the fuck out of there? Throw the money at him and run. Did I throw the money? No? I didn't. I went into the room with him, and he ejaculated very fast, and he just hit the roof. I have never seen, were experienced anything like it. I'm not scared of guys with a gun or a knife. I'm used to that. I'm scared of guys that just sit there with nothing and threatened to kill you or threaten to hurt you, or say you're not leaving. But he said to me, enjoy the two hundred and fifty dollars, get the fuck out of here. I'm like, oh, I still got a bit of the hour left, you know, And he's like, get the fuck out. And I was wearing trousers, and I put my trousers on back to front. So that's how nervous I was. Yeah, my legs, my legs shake. And when I'm really really nervous, my legs will be shaking, and that was uncontrollable, and I thought, I feel like a poor animal would feel that knows it's about to die, and you just cannot control that trembling. And I just couldn't control it, and you freeze on the spot because I remember looking at the bathroom door, thinking, if I can just get in there and maybe lock myself in, why don't I just get my phone out, you know, why don't I do this? Do that? But I didn't. I just was like this, not making eye contact and going like this and trying to get those trousers on, which was really hard because I were back to the front, and I'm thinking, what's going on? What's going on? And my hand was shaking on the doorknob because I walked out, and I thought, I'll just keep my head down, okay, okay, okay, And I walked out and I put my hand on the doorknob and it was shaking, and I'm like, God, crawd open open. It was like a movie, you know, and you're like anyone watching would have gone for just fucking open the door and get out, you know, but I couldn't. I couldn't. And he came and I felt his breath up behind me on my neck, and I thought, oh, this is it. I'm dead. This is the moment I die. And you don't do all those things you think you would do. And remember I was a very cocky hooker. I had a very big mouth, and I was very sure of myself. But that moment I wasn't. I just melted. I became nothing. He put his hand on mine and opened the door and he just went enjoy the two hundred and fifty dollars, okay. And I remember seeing daylight, sunlight, and I thought, oh gosh, I got out of that. So a lot of my friends didn't get out of those situations, and they're not here to speak today because of that, you know, because they went into that industry and nobody looked after you. Then nobody cared. Everyone cared about the money. The pimps cared about the money. You know, didn't matter if you had a complaint. I was told do your job.
Speaker 2: I've seen that when I was used to work in the dress.
Speaker 1: Well, you know exactly what it's like. Yeah, and that's you didn't have all the legislation and the rights you have now. Yeah, there wasn't anything like stealthy and law or anything there is now. So guys were ripping off the condoms, especially during the HIV, you know, the pandemic we had then that was a really scary time. You know, we used to use the no Noxyl nine condoms to do blowjobs. I'd learned how to do a blowjob by then.
Speaker 2: How did you learn how to do it? Well, that's good to do. I want to know about this one. How did you learn to do the blowjob? I just did you practice on someone at old first?
Speaker 1: You know how you used to get the orange and practice.
Speaker 2: What you practice on an orange?
Speaker 1: I don't know, do you guys practice going down with a girl? You know, like.
Speaker 2: Practice on an orange? What the fuck?
Speaker 1: No? No, but no, no your practice yeah, kissing, your practice on an orange? But you never kiss them anyway. But he used to kind of practice.
Speaker 2: You used to practice kiss on an orange?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, just I don't know. So I knew how that one.
Speaker 1: It's practice on a banana, practice on a banana? Yeah, but then not all cocks look about like bananas. It was like it was like, oh, this this one's different. You know, the way to get it a guy? And this is the guys was so mean to me, it's so nasty. The way to get to them, and I figured that out was to just they'd be naked and they'd be laying there and this is really terrible, but I just look and and I go and then they go, what what? And I go, Okay, everyone's different, Mate, plant that seed and that guy will never forget that. A hooker said, something's different. He's going to be forever trying to get validation, you know, particular right, So we came up with things like that.