Speaker 1: Live from Israel, and this is a special edition of Sharry Good Evening. I'm here in the heart of Israel. One year ago, terrorists tried to destroy this nation in one of the darkest days in Jewish history. Today we remember the invasion that would change both Israel and life as we know it. But we also recognize that Israel is alive. It's fighting, it's determined to survive, and it won't rest until it brings it's one hundred and one hostages home. This is a significant show tonight. You don't want to miss a minute. Farmer Israeli Prime Minister of Tarlie Bennett is on the show. He has a strong warning for terrorist sympathizers. I speak to freed hostage Aviva Siegel. She describes in graphic detail what it was like in those underground her must tunnels and how the young women women were being raped. Aviva is a living, breathing witness to the horrors inflicted by her musk and a stark reminder why the world can't abandon the women, children, and even a baby still held hostage. Will also remember Galit Carbone. She's the only Australian murdered on October seven, and I speak to her brother. He details her harrowing final moments, her desperate struggle to survive as she tried in vain to fight off terrorists at Kibutz BAIRI. Plus the latest on the despicable Palestinian protests in Australia. They've even been praised by Hesvela. How can some Australians be so heartless? But first, one year on from the October seven attacks, none of our lives will ever be the same again. We can't go back to who we were on October sixth last year. That innocence lost forever. The sun had barely risen at Kibbutzbery when crazed terrorists went from door to door, intent on murdering every Jew they could hunt down, even babies. For six hours, Avida Bacha held the safe room door shut. He was protecting his wife and their two children. The terrorists, knowing someone was standing there on the other side of the door, peppered the room with bullets. I stood in that safe room just a couple of days ago, and looking around at the hundreds of bullet holes in the walls and ceiling, it was hard to imagine how anyone could have made it out alive. Mum Dana was shot and so was her surfing loving son Carmel, just fifteen years old. Dad Avida was shot too, but he survived while his wife son bled to death in that very.
Speaker 2: Room she was supposed to be in Sri Lanka for surfing, was a surfer and he one of the last things he said to his dead that bury me with my surfboard, which he did.
Speaker 3: We did last week.
Speaker 4: We buried them.
Speaker 1: Beck here, just fifteen years old. No child deserves this and no girl should watch her mum and brother be murdered over at Kibbutz Kafaraza. As the air raids sirens went off, new parents had and Itai Berdiceski went to their bomb shelter with their ten month old twins. The loving parents were only thirty years old. Hayda's last text message was at six fifty four am, and she joked about being stuck in the bomb shelter with dirty nampies, a joke any mum would have made. Her dead body was later found in the kitchen. Her husband's body in the bomb shelter near their babies, who were alive and crying. It appears he'd managed to put the twins on a bed not exposed to the front door in the corner of the room, and those babies ten months old. They were there for twelve hours without food or water until Israeli soldiers found them.
Speaker 5: Sister's neighbor that he went back home and they lived right next to each other, and he saw their door. That the front door is open. He'sa an empty AK forty seven magazine on the stairs, and that he hears that they're twins. They had two baby twins ten months old. He heard them crying. He tried to get into the house, but every time he did, the terrorists shot at him, so we couldn't get inside. Us told us that it's confirmed, and a dark and entire Dad and I remember we had this a minute or two that we kind of yeah, I cried broke for a minute or two, but then we looked at each other and was like, Okay, now we don't have one baby to take care of. We have three.
Speaker 1: Those tiny babies are lucky to be alive, but they'll never know their parents than our orphans being raised by their uncle and I. At the same kibots, three little children aged three, six and nine watched as their mom and dad were murdered by Hamas six year old and Malia, nine year old. Michael hid in a cupboard, but little Abigail, only three years old, was missing.
Speaker 6: Telephone, Michava little, that's gonna be telephone my dad, Michel Benedeta, telephone, the Imma metaforel bit the k.
Speaker 1: That was seven a m. By the afternoon, they were still hiding in the closet, a six year old and a nine year old. Twelve hours later and this was the emotional moment when they were finally rescued Maria, but three year old Abigail was taken hostage. She turned four in Gaza without a single member of her family around her, just terror. When she was released as part of the ceasefire deal, she came home an orphan and the three children are now with relatives. The trauma very real. Over at the Nova Music Festival site, four hundred young Israelis were hunted and murdered, gone down or burnt in fire, girls were raped. Those who survived tell just unbelievable stories of running, hiding in the bushes, in abandoned cars, and playing dead, all trying to stay one step ahead of death, not knowing which way to turn. We'd hope that we.
Speaker 7: Escape from the terrorists that come from one direction from this point, and when we reach to the road, we get shot from the bury directions.
Speaker 4: So they surrounding us.
Speaker 7: And we.
Speaker 4: Leaned on the road hiding.
Speaker 8: Run from wherever you try to go, you have terrorists. They're coming from that direction with Rpgan. From the underdirection, you have cipers, and then you see them on motorcycles and it's you just don't have a good option. They don't have her to go.
Speaker 1: Entire families were slaughtered one year ago today Tamar, her husband Jonatan. They're five and a half year old, twin daughters Shah and Abel, and their son Omer, aged just two. They were all murdered at their home in Kibbutz near Oz. Terrorists also shot dead parents Dina and Evgeny, and their daughters Eleene aged eight and Ethan, aged five, as they returned to their home from a camping trip after hearing sirens and came across hermus on the road. There were more than one two hundred Israelis massacred on October seven in what is a true genocide committed by Hamas and Palestine in Islamic g hat. According to Israeli data, thirty eight children were murdered on October seven, thirty eight children. This vision is distressing, just a warning, but you can see the blood soaked cots where some were killed, and twenty children had both parents killed. Ninety six children had one parent killed, and there are fifteen children who still have both one parents held hostage in Gaza. And then there's the child hostages who still haven't been released by Hermas. Baby Kafir Bivas. He was kidnapped at nine months old along with his brother Ariel, who was four. Kafa turned one in captivity and his brother turned five. No birthday celebrations, presents, cake, or even sunlight. We don't know if they're still alive. We don't know if baby Kafir ever made it to his firm birthday. They're among the one hundred and one children, elderly women and men who are still hostage in Gaza. It's believed many of them are being used as human shields to protect the cowardly harmas leader Yaya Sinha. Some hostages thankfully have made at home through unbelievably courageous rescue missions or early ceasefire ideals. Those who have made at home face deep trauma. Some are a shelf of their former selves.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm going to share some of these stories with you either tonight or over the next few days. But this celebration of death by Hermas speaks to something darkly wrong with the education and political system in Gaza, where the government pays a salary to the families whose sons or daughters are martyrs or terrorists, where school children are indoctrinated to want death to Jews. Yet instead of trying to change the Palestinian leadership and actually support Israel in removing the terror threat, the international community makes daily demands of the Jewish nation. The October seven terror attacks, in truth, have only benefitted the Palestinian cause, which has since received billions of dollars in funding and has improved its international standing at bodies like the United Nations. The horrors inflicted by Himas have not only rocked to Israel, but they've exposed the failings in Western civilization. We simply can't imagine anyone trying to claim the Holocaust should be contextualized, yet that somehow Jews brought it upon themselves. Yet that's the kind of unforgivable victim blaming that we've seen on a daily basis over the past year, as the world urged Israel to pack up, go home, forget the hostages, and let the terrorists live. The October seven attacks rocked Israel to its core, and Israelis continue to grapple with the enormity of this devastating loss. But there's also a renewed determination to survive. There's strength and resolve in the face of weak Western leadership that knows nothing about the threat of terror on their doorstep, yet they seek to impose their virtue signaling ideas upon a people who've always had to fight for survival. The lessons of past persecutions will not be easily forgotten the anniversary today, it's important. We can't look away. This is history in the making, history of the very worst kind, and we have to bear witness of all the one two hundred innocent victims of October seven. It was the kibbutzim near the border of Gaza which bore the brunt of the massacre. As I've been saying, entire families murdered. The only Australian victim that day Garlic Carbone, and she fought a desperate but ultimately hopeless battle to survive. I spoke to her brother Danny Masner at Kiboltz Bery where so many lost their lives, and a warning this interview it's a must watch. It's powerful, it's also confronting.
Speaker 3: The rockets came down really heavily.
Speaker 2: That a friend of mine saw from his house all the Hamas guys on their bikes and their pickup trucks, and that was about six thirty from the road that's surrounding the Kibbutz. They came from the strip. They murdered the guy that's really in charge of the security on the Kibuti came. It didn't know anything what happened, and they just shot him and that was it.
Speaker 1: Many families called this Cubo time. Eleven hundred people lived here before October seven, including your sister Gallette. How many were.
Speaker 2: Killed a year ago, it's one hundred and two people from our community.
Speaker 3: That's nearly ten percent.
Speaker 2: As you can see on the banner here on the side, we still have hopefully three hostages, kidnapped people that are still alive, and seven bodies that need to be returned for permanent beryl that we know that they're dead.
Speaker 3: So it's something really unthinkable.
Speaker 1: So they climbed the gates. How did they physically get They.
Speaker 2: Broke in this window and they pressed the electricty gate and they opened it and.
Speaker 3: They just stormed inside. They just came in numbers, more and more and more.
Speaker 1: Which should we go inside and show us what happened? Yes, indeed, so, Danny, your sister Garlett was here in her home on the morning of October seven when her mask came inside her house. What happened?
Speaker 3: From what I know, She rang me at twelve or nine twelve pm and telling me.
Speaker 2: That she hears them inside the house and she's not sure if she locked the door, didn't lock the door, as if it really matters, And I told her, okay, let's whisper, let's not them here that.
Speaker 3: Let them know that someone's there. She was in her safe she was in a safety room.
Speaker 2: Of course, she was holding the handle, and you know it's it's other who's going to bend first.
Speaker 3: You know, she didn't stand a chance, not one chance. My father was overseas. He's a ninety one year old.
Speaker 2: It was at ninety at the time, you old Holocaust survivor from France, and I had to tell him that daughter was murdered on the keyboards by Yeah, it was certainly and definitely the hardest thing I.
Speaker 3: Had to do in my life.
Speaker 1: You both grew up in Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we grew up till she was eleven.
Speaker 2: I was seven when we left Sydney to come to these keyboats Kibutzberi.
Speaker 1: So the rest of her life was really based in this keyboat. She had children here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had kids here and her life was here. Really, she had a very comfortable life. She has three kids, six grandkids, and she loved them all.
Speaker 1: Did the terrorists they come to your house or they.
Speaker 2: Just moved underneath? They burned a few houses next to me. They murdered a few people next to me. I live on the second floor. So hopefully that's what saved me. I'd say, when the.
Speaker 1: Army evacuated you and you would have walked through the keyboards, it just.
Speaker 3: Must have looked like something apocalyptia. It was a graveyard. It was everything was burnt.
Speaker 2: And it was just and I was sort of like as a sort of speaks, tall guy. The soldiers told the kids behind me, looks forward, straight ahead of him, don't look sidewards.
Speaker 1: All the families who lived here were defenseless.
Speaker 3: That I want to protect them absolutely.
Speaker 1: The Foreign Minister, Pennywong refused to come here. She refused to see firsthand what had happened. She did visit Israel, but she refused to come to the keyboard. Sim what's your reaction to that?
Speaker 2: Well, that's really a mind blower, Shari, because one would think, Okay, you made a trip half around the world, you circle the globe, you got to Israel, and when you asked why didn't you come down to Berea, why didn't you contact any one of your civilians that live overseas. The only thing you could say, oh, I had to meet mister Danny danone yad Vashem.
Speaker 3: I didn't have time.
Speaker 2: I mean, seriously, you're the foreign minister of a big country called Australia. You come over to Israel. You've got one citizen that was murdered. I think it's the only Australian citizen on the attack. Please make a little effort. I'm not saying much, contact us, contact her kids, come and see what happened firsthand.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: So this is typical of what happened to so many homes on October seventh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately, Yes, this is a house of Vivia and Silver, Jewish Canadian that moved from Canada to Israel many years ago.
Speaker 3: She retired and she.
Speaker 2: Dedicated her life to help the poor Palestinians living in Gaza regarding their health condition and unfortunately she founded. She found her death in her house. She was burnt and it took while to identify via DNA.
Speaker 1: She was in her safe room. But they burnt down the.
Speaker 2: Hand, burnt everything, and it took a while to really understand that it's her, and that just shows that they killed and murdered everyone.
Speaker 1: So this is a safe room. There was a family here, two children. I mean, there's hundreds of bullet holes around the room.
Speaker 3: This is a typical safety room like we all have.
Speaker 2: It's a nine square meter and everyone was supposed to go in the safety rooms and close or lock the door behind. So did this family, My friend Avida and his wife Dona and two kids, Calmel and Hadaal, And they went in here and about an hour after the vists got to this place, and they had to hold between them.
Speaker 9: Between Carmel and Avida, they held the handle.
Speaker 4: There's no locks, so that was holding it shot.
Speaker 2: They were holding it one way while they're trying the other way, and then he told them go away in Arabic, there's only kids here, and obviously they didn't and they realized that if the handle is here someone standing in front of they start shooting. Calmel was shot in the shoulder, a video was shot both legs and Dana was sitting here, the wife, the mother, and she got hurt through a ribcage, a very small and tiny hole which he didn't even see any blood, but she started to gasp for air and afterwards that was it.
Speaker 3: She bled internally. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And one of the sons, Calmel, which he was supposed to be in Sri Lanka for surfing, was a surfer and one of the last things he said to his dad that bury me with my surfboard, which he did. We did last week.
Speaker 1: Such a heartbreaking story and walking through that kidbootz, of course, was really quite emotional. Well let's turn to politics now, and there's a lot of debate in Israel and around the world about how exactly to eliminate the terror threat. Farmer Israeli Prime Minister and f Tarlie Bennett, who's a political rival of Netanyahu joined me a little while ago. Here's that interview. Former Prime Minister Aftali Bennett, thank you so much for joining us today. I want to start with your reflections a year on from the October seven terror attacks.
Speaker 9: You know, October seventh was a day that caused great trauma for the people of Israel. They were at an institutional level, the government, the military, the institutions failed. But on the same day it was also a day of great heroism of the nation of Israel, the people, especially the younger generation, where thousands of young men and women got in their cars and drove down to the Gaza envelope in order to save lives of their brothers and sisters, who many of them have never met before, and many of them fell in the action while fighting terrorists. This is unheard of, this degree of heroism. So I would say, we've learned that we have an amazing nation, but we've also learned that our institutions failed us badly and we need to fix them.
Speaker 1: Will you say your institutions failed you badly? And Naftali Bennett, I've spent the past few days speaking to people who survived the Nova Music Festival and also people at the kibbut Sim who lost loved ones, and they told me that many were left to fend for them for twelve hours or more. Why did the military fail to arrive? Why did it take so long?
Speaker 9: This is one of the biggest failures, perhaps the biggest failure in the history of the State of Israel. You see, the State of Israel was established precisely so Jews would never again be under massacres for hours and hours of pogrom like we were in Europe or in North Africa, helpless. And that's, unfortunately exactly what happened. This is a magnitude of an epic failure of the State of Israel. And as I said, the people who saved the day are the nation and the younger generation. There were about sixty communities under attack. There were four massacres that took place in Kibutsk, far As Biri, Neurals and the Nova Music Fest of all. But in the other sixty communities, the few civilians that were there repelled dozens and dozens of terrorists at the highest degree of heroism. We're going to have to learn the lessons.
Speaker 1: Well, how do we learn those lessons? Do you think that now that it has been a year. It's time to start talking about an inquiry.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, we need to form a national inquiry. I think it's a long time should have been done already. Now that we're a year in we need to do it.
Speaker 3: We need to be.
Speaker 9: As honest with ourselves and open with ourselves so something like this can never again occur. I think it would be wrong to postpone this any longer.
Speaker 1: Mister Bennett and Australia. This weekend and even today on October seven, we've seen the most disgraceful pro Palestinian rallies Hesbala flags being waived, or flags with na Israela's face on them. We've seen similar scenes at university campuses around the world where students are even saying that Israel shouldn't have the right to exist.
Speaker 9: What's your response to all of this, Well, I don't give them what some snotty student whose parents are spending one hundred thousand dollars a year to send them to gender studies at Harvard what he thinks about whether I have a right or don't have a right to live in my homeland. We live here, this is Israel has been the Jewish ancestral land for almost four thousand years. I've fought for this land. I've lost very good friends fighting on this land. My son is in a combat unit. And the fact that there are extremely confused students in Harvard or Ivy League schools around the world that think they have the right to even a doubt whether we have the right to live here, that's ridiculous. The problem is there is not ours. Israel is a nation of lions. The Israelis are, in my opinion, the bravest, have the bravest younger generation in the world. We're going to win our and defeat our enemies. And you know these students should spend their time on better endeavors.
Speaker 1: Very well said, completely agree. Turning to around now, we're seeing the international community demand of Israel as ceasefire. There are concerns by the US President Joe Biden that this could lead to a wider regional escalation if Israel does retaliate again. Anst Iran, what's your response to the international community demanding a ceasefire and do you think Israel should hit target the nuclear capabilities that Iran is currently developing.
Speaker 9: Israel must attack Iran's nuclear program. Iran's leadership and the regime's economic system. The Islamic Republic of Iran a terrible regime which is hijacked its own people who despise it. This regime has been lobbying rockets at Israel and causing terror through its arms. It's like an octopus of terror, so through its tentacles for the better part of thirty years. Over the past year, it directly shot five hundred projectiles over to Israel. We have all the legitimacy to act, but now as an opportune time, a very narrow window of opportunity, where Iran's two main tentacles, Hamas and Chrisbala, which could have defended Iran or retaliated. Right now, these two arms are neutralized. They're almost entirely paralyzed. So Iran is laid open, and now is the exact time that we must attack. We must take out the nuclear program or at least severely damage it. They already have accumulated enough enriched uranium for ten nuclear bombs. If not now, when, If we don't do it now, I don't see anyone will ever take care of it, and we'll wake up to nuclear nightmare in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Noughteralie Bennett. You've clearly got very strong and precise views on what needs to be done now in Israel's interests. It has been reported that you're considering forming a new political party, and that perhaps you have ambitions to be Prime minister again. What can you tell me about this?
Speaker 9: My only ambition is for the Jewish state, for the only Jewish state in the world, Israel, to be strong, to prosper, and I'll do anything necessary to help that. I think everyone understands that Israel has a remarkable nation. It lacks in the quality of its leadership. It's going to need to change. That's clear to everyone. If and when I'll join, I'll certainly let you know.
Speaker 1: Do you think you could be the man for the job?
Speaker 9: As I said, if and when I'll have any decision on this, I'll let you know. As I also said, I'll be and do anything necessary to help my country at a terrible, terrible moment.
Speaker 1: It is indeed, Naftali Bannett, I really appreciate your time on this momentous day.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right. Plenty more to come. The harrowing story of a former hostage. She tells me what it's like to be held captive deep in the her Musk tunnels in Gaza. It's a powerful interview. Plus those disgraceful protests, even Hezblah has applauded the pro Palestinian rallies. That tells you everything that's wrong with them. I'm going to talk about all of this after this quick break. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I spoke with a remarkable, inspiring woman, Aviva Siegel. She was a former hostage in Gaza. She's lived to bear witness to horrific crimes. Here is that interview and a warning. Her story is confronting, but it's a story that you must hear. Aviva. A year you were kidnapped from your home at the kiboardzkathar Aza by terrorists.
Speaker 4: What happened? Can you believe that somebody in the pajamas in bed would be taken to Gaza? Because they's told for me to understand and believe Keith and I'm sixty three and Keith is sixty five years old American citizens, and we were just taken from a house in such a brutal way. On the way, they pushed Keith and broke his ribs and shot us. I remember seeing the bullets coming very close to my foot. I'm lucky, but they shot Keith on his hand. So we arrived in Gaza while Keith was bleeding and he was in such pain. And I just didn't even know what my name was when I was there because I was just so scared of everything. Everything was done in such a brutal way, and we older people, so they were in our little shelter while they tried to kill us with their bombs, and there was bombs that were coming and coming and coming, and I was shaking, and Kith was trying to relax me and calm me down and saying, you're say for Viver, you're in the shelter, but we weren't. They just opened the door, they shut her house, and I remember them walking inside my house, opening the door and just pulling us out.
Speaker 1: When you arrived in Gaza's hostages, there were celebrations on the streets.
Speaker 4: There was you know, mothers with babies, older people with sticks, the whole family, every age that you can think about it. They were so happy. It was like a party for them. While Kit and I were shaking and just wanted to scream and cry and did not understand what are we doing there? In Gaza.
Speaker 1: Now you were moved around a lot in Gaza, thirteen different lives occasions. Can you tell me about how you were treated while you were held hostage?
Speaker 4: We were treated all the time in such a brutal way. They starved us and ate in front of us. They didn't give us water while they drank. One of the times, Kit begged them, begged them for so many times, and then I said to Kith, can you beg just once more, just once more? And he took the bottle and hold the bottle and hold it until he brought us water. And then when it did bring us the water, it brought the bottle and threw at us. The conditions were the worst conditions that you can think about. I just thought that I'm going to die, that kid's gonna die. What will happen if Keith will be in the bathroom and I'll die, or what will happen if the ceiling falls on us and if they shoot us, or if they're going to starve us again. And I want to tell you that the hostages, they have been there for a year. I was there for fifty one days, and I know exactly what they're going through.
Speaker 1: Your husband Keith is still there now, still suffering.
Speaker 4: He's lying on a forty dirty mattress, just like a rug with no human rights. We weren't allowed to move, I wasn't even allowed to cry. And just think about it, when in such a brutal way tortured my husband that I've been married to for forty five years, I wanted to scream and cry, and I wasn't allowed to cry or scream. I just had to keep myself quiet. When I looked at the girl that came back.
Speaker 1: And she was shaking, she was taken to the next room.
Speaker 4: She was taken to the next room. I got up and gave her a hug because I felt like a mother. And while I did that, I got screamed at. And after a couple of hours she told us you touched me, and you know, just a couple of days ago. I just remembered how brave she was after that happened, because if somebody would do that to me, I would scream him. I would try and kill him. But she continued to smile to him to show him that everything's okay, because he threatened her that if he's if she'll ever tell anybody, then he's going to kill her.
Speaker 1: You know, this is a very difficult thing to talk about, but you were at various times with young girls and the issue of sexual violence, whether they were pregnant was a live question. What can you tell me about that?
Speaker 4: I know for sure that Keith told the girls not to tell me everything because I'm very sensitive, and the girls did not stop talking about the periods, and I'm just so scared to think about them falling pregnant. And I do know that they are now underneath the ground and just waiting to be the next one to be raped, or to be touched, or to be starved, or to be hit hidden or beaten up to pieces. Because that exactly what happened while I was there for the fifty one days.
Speaker 1: For it some time you were moved from civilian house to civilian house, but you and Keith were also held underground in the tunnels. What was it like under there in these dark tunnels, so far away from reality and sunlight.
Speaker 4: Yes, And then you come to a house and there's somebody at the bottom of the ground smiling and happy while you're shaking, and you have to go down. You just have to go down. I shaked with the ladder going down, and they took Keith and I underneath the ground, fourteen meters underneath the ground, and going down we could feel that there was no oxygen. We arrived a little arch that's open, small, the three of us, Keith and I and somebody else, and we just tried to figure out if we're going to live or not. We had to lie down on the mattress on the floor. And one of the times kids said that he feels that he cannot breathe, and he was like this, and you know, it's hard to explain in words what the meaning means by trying to figure out if there's gonna be optionen for you or if you're gonna live. But it's the worst feeling in earth for me to look at Keith that he can hardly breathe and think, maybe kittle die in front of my eyes.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you live every day? How do you cope with the knowledge that your your beloved, precious husband, Keith, and some of the girls that you met and hugged and were like a mother to are still there underground in Gaza.
Speaker 4: The worst thing, you know, the worst thing, the worst thing for me. There wasn't they when they tortured Keith and the girls, and I wanted to scream, but I couldn't tend to keep quiet. We weren't allowed to feel. I had to hide myself crying. I had to put my hand on my on my eyes, just like lit some good down on the mattress on the floor, because we weren't allowed to feel while I wanted to scream. One of the times they took one of the girls and they put a blanket over her and handcuffed her and they bittered it up into pieces, and when she came back, she was shaking and crying. And I couldn't even hunger cause I wasn't allowed to. And I felt like a mother. So sorry, have you either?
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: So on this one year anniversary, Now, what do you wanna see happen? You've met US President Joe Biden twice, You've met Anthony B. Lincoln several times. You've met to the Prime Minister here and is for our Benjaminette and Yahoo, w what do you want to happen? How do you think the hostages would be released?
Speaker 4: I want everybody to listen to my words. They aren't just words, It's what I went through and what the hostages are going through. They cannot allow themselves to open the door in the stomach and then close it when I when I stop talking. They need to open their hearts and understand that these are people that are feeling, and these people that are dying slowly, and we cannot allow ourselves keeping quiet while there's people there that don't get their metsine that are dying slowly.
Speaker 1: The international community seems to be ignoring the hostages.
Speaker 4: It's terrible. It's the worst cruelest thing that anybody can go through, being underneath the ground for a year with no oxygen and feeling that you're going to die because they just are going to kill you by not taking care of you of any of your needs. I just want to say that Keith and are peacemakers, and we want good for the whole world and for all the good people, and I want that everybody that thinks that we're doing to harm us is really really bad. Rather stand up and shout for the people that live there because they need to go back to their lives. Then mothers are having babies intents and that should not be. It shouldn't like that. And the older people and the worst thing is to leave Gostjesday underneath the ground to disload.
Speaker 1: No one can be left behind, not one person. Isn't she an amazing woman? A Viva Siegel Well still to come? Hesbella praises the pro Palestinian rallies in Australia and that tells you everything you need to know about how morally repulsive they are. I'm going to talk about that with my panel and then later in the show an October seven hero who saved hundreds of lives from her musk. He'll be with me here live in Jerusalem, so don't go away. There's a heavy police presence in both Sydney and Melbourne tonight as pro Palestinian events unfold. One protest organized by the extremist Islamic group his Bookteria in southwestern Sydney, where are gathered outside La Kember Mosque. Well, let's bring in now former chief of staff to Bill Shott and Cameron Milner and Sky News' host Steve Price. Cameron, how disgraceful are these protests? Why can't they pick any other day, not the day of the massacre of Jews?
Speaker 10: Well, isn't it an absolute disgrace? Because today it was only ever, only ever about the twelve hundred victims and one hundred and one hostages are still kept by Hamas. It was a day to reflect on the awful circumstance of the greatest loss of life since the Holocaust, Chari. That's what today should have been about. But instead these horrible protests is made about themselves and the politicians let them slide. The police and the politicians let them.
Speaker 3: Have them their day, their day.
Speaker 10: No, this should have only been about Israel, and only about Israel's absolute right self defense and Jewish Australians feeling safe in their own community. That's what today should have been about. And the fact that HESBLA could actually congratulate those people on the streets today just shows how awful and how divided our society has become.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, Steve, what do you think? I think law enforcement wasn't strong enough here. They could have shut these protests down. They did during the COVID pandemic. But they don't care.
Speaker 11: No, they haven't, And I'm going to update you on what's actually just unfolded. Shake Shakawi at Lakember has called October seven a day of resistance. His but to here as you said, have turned out. But in Melbourne it even gets worse, Cameron and Shari, where you've had six baby carriages or prams draped in head scarfs pushed through the streets of Melbourne and fake stretches with fake dead people on them being carried through the streets as well under Palestinian banners. So the whole thing, as Cameron has said, and you've said, Schari over and over this day is not about that. October seven was about a terrorist attack on Israel and here we have in Australia. And I didn't think i'd ever lived to see this, the worst cases of anti Semitism that I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: It's just horrenders, it really is. And it's in part because we've had a total failure of political leadership. Cameron, how do you think the Prime Minister, compared to Peter Dutton has handled this antisemitism crisis over the past year.
Speaker 10: Well, Peter Dutton got a standing ovation tonight in Sydney for what he'd said, and he's stopped for Israel today and what he said, and what we got from from the premise was just more weathel words, more, weathel words more, influenced from Wong talking about restraint Bert not doing anything. Labour's got a real problem here, Shari, a real problem and it's endemic, systemic under Albanize. This weakness and it's let the extremists, the Islamic extremists flourished Australia. That's why we have these horrible protests like Epster tonight, Steve. That's why they think they can get away with it because Albo is so weak. But Labor needs to be better. And Chris Min's and Jacindra Allan' sw up today which was great. So it's not Labor, it's an albow problem.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, one hundred percent, Steve, twenty seconds. What do you think?
Speaker 11: Cameron's absolutely right? Just send her Alan though she's been as bad as what Albernizi has been as well. If you don't have strong leadership about these issues, you're going to see what you're seeing on the streets tonight. Every Australian who's witnessing this should look at it, shake their head and complain about it loudly to whoever wants to listen.
Speaker 1: Steve Price, Cameron Milner, thank you both for your leadership and strength on this now coming up after the break among the horror on October seven, there were heroes, and I'm going to be joined by one of them live in Jerusalem. Next. He put his life on the line to save hundreds of Israelis. That interview after this quick break, welcome back. Well, I'm joined now by Israeli major Officer Nimrod Palmach Nimbrod to thank you so much. Thanks for joining us here in Jerusalem. Now on October seven, you were given orders to come here. You defied them because you heard what was going on down south. Tell me what happened.
Speaker 12: Ever since I was a kid, I used to listen to my heart, and also on October seven, I listened to my heart. I had the sense that something terrible is happening down south, and I traveled all by myself. I carried only my pistol with me, and I discovered what happened there as I went. I had a chance to stop for a couple of minutes where I left a video, a goodbye video for my kids, realizing I'm about to die. From that moment and on I was free, and I just went ahead and got into a fight with terrorists in order to save people.
Speaker 1: How many people, did you say a year ago today?
Speaker 12: So a few guys that I met their Israeli's. We fought against approximately forty Hamas tourists and we saved the community called kibutsal Umm.
Speaker 3: Around five hundred people lived there.
Speaker 12: No one Israeli died in this community because we got there in time and we were able to fight haramasof.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is a Now you were actually shot in your chest. Yeah, during the battle with the mass terrorists.
Speaker 3: Nothing prepared me to this day.
Speaker 12: I took a weapon from a dead soldier, I took a body armor from a wounded soldier, and in the fight from seven meters I got shot in the chess from a terrorist. Luckily I could continue on. We killed the dollist and we managed to not only finish this fight of Kibutz Alumin, but also to be one of the liberators of Kibutzberri.
Speaker 1: It's incredible, you know, I think you being one of the people who just turned around and went in to protect communities, mean you saved well five hundred lives that day.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Now you're now sharing the story the horrors of what happened with this virtual reality program. It's called Survived to tell be the witness. Kid, can you tell me how it works.
Speaker 9: I'm a CEO of Israelis.
Speaker 12: It's an NGO that tried to improve Israel image in the world throughout the fighting on October seven, I held with one end a machine gun and with the other my iPhone and I recorded. I documented what I saw because I knew that the world would renounce and.
Speaker 9: The world will try to say it was lies.
Speaker 12: It never happened, and unfortunately I saw everything in Kibbutzberry. I decided I want to bring this to us campuses, to have students watching it and as if they're really there in the Nova festival, in the Kibutzim. And now we can dialogue. Now we can create a conversation. We already met proximately ten thousand students around the world. Wow, and we are aiming to get to five hundred campuses next year in America alone.
Speaker 1: This is so important. So those students that we've seen at the campus is the stupid students. They can put this on. They can watch a virtual reality of what the terrorists were during that day. Because there's a lot of HARMSS body camp footage as well.
Speaker 12: So both the recording of Hamas's body camps and also testimonies from survivors. But the uniqueness is you're actually there. On three sixty you can meet Mazad Tazazzo and she can tell you this is the right bush where I hid. My best friends were killed in front of me, and you will be with her actually at the bush. And because there's so much ignorism and hate against Israel in those campuses and there are people that nurture this eight, we need to fight back and this is the best way we found. It's both storytelling and technology, and we believe in the power of it.
Speaker 1: You must have been so relieved to be able to go back home to your children that night a year ago.
Speaker 12: Sure, I mean for me, my children, my wife, my family is everything, and it's like I was reborn. I got my life back and it's a gift that I will never take for granted.
Speaker 1: Nimrod Palmach, thank you so much for joining me. Really appreciate it. Thank you very much. Now, thanks everyone for joining me tonight live from Israel from Jerusalem. Don't miss tomorrow at eight pm. I've got another big show, more incredible stories. Please join me, And right now I'm going to hand you over to my very good friend back in Australia, Paul Murray.