Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Okay, holloo, welcome.
Speaker 3: Ah, So let's talk about stuff. Let's talk about last week, Matt.
Speaker 1: We had our Lucky seven fake brand trip for our customers, which.
Speaker 3: Went fucking amazingly.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're organizing something like something always goes wrong, like if you've got a party or an event, or you go on camping or on holidays, like something always goes wrong when you've planned everything to a tea. I literally cannot fault the three days that we spent with our seven customers. Not a single thing went wrong, Like no one's flight was delayed, like nothing was missing, Like everything went perfectly, and I have no complaints. It was definitely the most wholesome three days I've ever had in my business journey, I will say, just getting to experience hanging out with seven customers for three days and whining and dining them.
Speaker 3: It was just really fucking.
Speaker 1: Special and it was amazing to see how grateful they were. Like people cried on multiple days, like tears of genuine fucking happiness, and that was just so powerful. Like I fucking cried. The fake girls were crying. Like there was one point on the last day after we did the pilates and we're all standing around drinking coffees and one girl started crying. Then that everyone started crying, and even I was crying and it was that special.
Speaker 2: And he never cry I know.
Speaker 3: And that's what Kim was saying. She's like, he never cried, like in front of the fucking fake girl.
Speaker 1: I'm They're like not like bawling, but like it just was so nice and it's just got me feeling a lot of things moving forward with marketing our business. I feel like with Fate, we market our business differently anyway. I feel like we've always been a bit of a trend setting business when it comes to like the crazy warehouse videos and just the way that we be ourselves and whatever. I think we've definitely been a big inspiration for a lot of brands that now do the same sort of style of videos. But even just like involving our customers in this way, and then I did like a follow up video which I'm like, fuck, this is maybe an unpopular opinion, and sorry to all the influences that I offended when I said, don't take influencers, take customers instead. But I'm just feeling like inspired after it to continue to like include our customers more because it's just made me realize like we're living in this world where like influencer marketing has been like obviously, you know, Matt, like you fucking influencer yourself. But I just I feel like a shift is gonna happen, not completely, and I think a lot of people like not a lot, but I had a few comments like nah, but influencers are still good, and like we will still continue to work with influencers at Fate, But I just think it's like really cool that I have the opportunity and I have it in my brain like I can market my business, but I can use my customers. We will still work with fucking influencers, like influencers are powerful, But it was just like eye opening, I guess for me to be like we can do cool things and promote our business and we can use our customers in that experience. As well, and like give them a trip of a lifetime or a night to remember and I can still advertise my business like all at once. It's just been really fucking cool. And obviously we had our a date with Fate night on the second night of the trip, and you were there for that and you made the night. And know I've already said that, but it was just again like so like the night went completely smoothly, like nothing went wrong.
Speaker 3: Everything was amazing.
Speaker 1: The vibes were high from the minute, but like the gates opened and we started letting everyone in, it was just like seamless, and I feel like you made it so much more fun. Like originally I was just gonna do it myself, like MCing kind of thing, and then I was like.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna invite you and Kate.
Speaker 1: But then I think you like mentioned it to me before I'd even mentioned it to you kind of thing. I also didn't want to make you drive all that way to Newcastle.
Speaker 2: The drive wasn't bad. I listened to an audiobook and I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not that bad of a drive, honestly, And I do it so often now that it feels like two seconds like the two hour drive.
Speaker 3: But it was just like fucking so good, the night.
Speaker 2: So fun like it was everyone was just in the best mood, no complaints, like everyone was just there to have a good time, and let's actually take them through like the night and what happened.
Speaker 1: So we let everyone in and if you've seen like our videos and stuff, you can you can kind of get the visual.
Speaker 3: So everyone arrived, everyone got aout, Everyone got a thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars, Everyone got a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Everyone got a raffle ticket because we were giving away a thousand dollars as the major prize, a thousand dollars cash, and we had one of those big novelty checks as well, which is really funny. But when everyone arrived, we didn't tell them what the raffle ticket was for. So I handed out every raffle ticket. I said, this is your raffle ticket, hold onto it, like but no one knew what the prize was. And when they arrived, we also gave them all a wristband and we had like four different colored wristbands. Then we had like the Polaroid wall, the media wall.
Speaker 3: Tommy was doing interviews.
Speaker 1: It was just like Mingle Hour, and you know what one thing was scary, Matt. We had like an open bar tab for the night, so like it was just free for all, like and we were paying at the end. In the first hour. It got to five and a half grand in an hour.
Speaker 2: What did you expect it to be for the whole event or what were you hope again? En grand?
Speaker 1: Okay, And it got halfway in the first hour and the like venue came over and they're like.
Speaker 3: Just want to let you know, we're like an hour in it's a five and a half grammar. Oh fuck, but it is what it is.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Everyone was having a good time.
Speaker 1: Then we kind of ushered everyone into the second room, which had like all these red lanterns in the ceiling, and that's when Matt and I began with our High Scrollers live show. So Matt got up and did an acknowledgment to country and then you introduce yourself and did some jokes which I loved and know that some of them were from your last live show.
Speaker 3: Everyone's still pissed, and I'm like here in the joke in Newcastle.
Speaker 2: Didn't do a show in Newcastle, so I thought I'd give him a taste exactly right.
Speaker 1: You did all your funny things, and then you introduced me onto the stage, and like the crowd was just.
Speaker 2: Like electric, Yeah, that's the best word for it.
Speaker 1: Electrifying, Like everyone was just so excited to be there. And then so we were up on the stage and we had a bit of banter between ourselves. The first thing I said as I was walking, I'm like, Matt, is this a Fate event or is it a High Scrollers live show? And everyone's like because there must have been so many Scrollers there. And then we just did some like housekeeping, like the toilets a here, blah blah blah blah blah. We're so excited to have you all here tonight. We were just talking about like all the exciting things that we were doing that night. And then we had our first little activity of the night because everyone was there from the from our Fate community, like we're all part of the same community, but like a lot of people don't know each other clearly. So the first activity was we said, now you can all see you've got different colored wristbands on. So the first activity of the night is we want you to go and find someone. And before we could even finish yes saying what we were going to say. The room just was like roaring with conversation like so wild, like our microphones were so loud, and so we're saying, we want you to grab someone and make a new friend. And then before we knew it, it was like roaring of conversation. Everyone just jumped in straight away and we couldn't even finish.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Thanks everyone, let's just get.
Speaker 3: You know. They did it straight away like they knew they had to go and find a new friend. That was just so nice.
Speaker 2: They just like like literally roaring is like the perfect word for it. It just erupted like.
Speaker 3: Like no one can fucking hear us anymore. They're all talking. It was hilarious.
Speaker 1: So that was the first activity, and the cannapa started coming around in that room.
Speaker 2: Say a lot of fish on your menu, sweetie, a lot of fish on that menu.
Speaker 1: I did that in spite of you, do you know what's fucked? I was so busy that night. I had one tiny little like cru ton with some tuna on it, like that was my one thing because I was just talking the whole night. But that was fine, didn't mind at all. Also had like one half of a champagne like that was my night and then I was just on the waters. So we did that first activity where everyone had to make a new friend. Then after I don't know how long it had been half an hour or whatever, Matt and I went back up onto the stage, and just every time we went up on the stage, it didn't matter what we said, like everyone just go fun.
Speaker 3: In that's like everyone having a good type.
Speaker 1: Like the room was just so loud, and then we were like, all right, everyone, we're gonna be moving into like the main event. So there was like three rooms all up for the whole event, which made it feel like really exciting and immersive, I feel, rather than just like the.
Speaker 3: Event being in one room the whole time.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: We're like, all right, we're going to need some silence, and that we got the room really quiet, and we're like, okay, so what we're going to do now is we're going to move into the last room. And it's like a narrow corridor that we had to go through, so that's like single file, like double file too straight line, and we're going to follow Britt and we're going to go up the stairs into the last room. And on their way through into the last room, we had like all of our goodie bags set up on either side and they were all handed a goodie bag, and then we were like, you have to promise us, Like no one can open their goodie bag because we tied them up with a ribbon. So it was like this whole thing about like you have to promise. So it was like really building the hype of like what's in the goodie bags. And the thing that I loved is so we spoke and then I went out the job like hey, everyone followed me, and Matt and I kept our microphones on each other, but I went into like the other room while Matt stayed in the back room. But the microphones worked throughout the whole venue, so then Matt and I were like talking to each other through the microphones. It was just so funny, like Matt, where are you?
Speaker 2: What's going on here?
Speaker 3: I'm just letting everyone through. And then Abba came on.
Speaker 1: Dan Queen, so as everyone was coming through and getting their goodie bags, Dancing Queen came on, and then I just we both did a full karaoke jam sash with the.
Speaker 4: Microphones, like we're in two different really big spaces and like I'm ushering people out of one room Britney's ushering people into another room.
Speaker 3: Fully singing dance and then everyone got into it and it was like a little dance floor. It was just so viby.
Speaker 1: Then we finally got everyone into the main room and we got up on the stage again and then we did our massive Glazy reveals, so we had over two hundred people there with two hundred goodie bags, and then we had an Oprah moment, or Matt had his Oprah mot.
Speaker 2: I loved it. You get a glazy, you get a glazy.
Speaker 1: Open their goodie bag because there was a ribbon on top, and then when they looked in it again, they couldn't see what was in there because the glazies were in another like a velvet drawstring bag. So first we got them to take the ribbon off, and then they all had to like what's called in the air, and they're like waving the ribbon, and then they got their little red bag out and then they had to wave that in the air too, and they'd scream every time, and then we got them to finally open their bag and then everyone got their glazy and it was just like excite, exciting, scream.
Speaker 2: Glazers available right now by the way, you can go into because it's Friday.
Speaker 3: I wonder how the launch would have went. I don't know with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no expectations with Glazy, so you can go on if it hasn't sold out.
Speaker 3: But we don't know.
Speaker 1: But at this moment in time that we're recording this, we don't know, but we will know by the time this is out. So everyone got a Glazy, which is really exciting. Never done something like that before, you know, giving away two hundred of an unreleased product to customers, it's like really special.
Speaker 3: Then we did a game with the dice like six people.
Speaker 1: So then just when everyone was so excited after the Glazies were like, all right, and that's not it. There's six people in the room right now that have a red dice in the bottom of their bag.
Speaker 3: If that's you, come up the front.
Speaker 1: And then the funny thing was the Fate girls that had set up the goodie bags had accidentally put a seventh one. But we had this table with six prizes, so I guess that was the one thing that went wrong.
Speaker 3: But it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: We're like, all right, come on, you can come play too. We don't have a price for you though, but we'll sort you out kind of thing. So we just did a like rolling the dice game first person to roller five, then went over to the table and picked out a price and they were all wrapped like you couldn't tell what they were.
Speaker 3: So we did that.
Speaker 1: One of them won a pink eski full of pink v which was just so on brand and funny.
Speaker 2: And they were like Mecca prize packs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we bought like heaps of stuff from Mecca. I got a voucher from the huntera valley like for Peterson Champagne House, which, by the way, we bought all of those gifts, I just want to say, like they weren't given to us. Fate voucher was another one, a Glazy whole pack with all the hats and the makeup bags and everything in the three glazies, just lots of good prizes, like no one got a shit prize.
Speaker 2: And so there was that girl who was the seventh dice holder, Yes, and she didn't get a prize on the night. So what did you end up giving her.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They she gave her email to like our Fate stuff, and I think they were gonna email her either on Friday or today, probably just like a voucher or something, or like so many fake clothing pieces.
Speaker 3: So that was fun.
Speaker 1: And then we had another little break and more food and dancing by this point.
Speaker 3: Where a few people having a really good time.
Speaker 2: Girls, some of you got drunk.
Speaker 1: Some people there's always a bunch, isn't there fair enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the bar's open and the year they'd have a good night.
Speaker 1: So they like started a dance floor, and then we came out at the very end and did the the raffle, like drew the raffle ticket out of the bowl, and we got Aj up to do that because Aj had had about eight drinks by that point. And I know when Aj has had drinks because he will speak into a microphone in front of a crowd like he wouldn't on.
Speaker 3: A normal day. So we called it.
Speaker 1: I love what you did, Matt, because we didn't like bring Aj up first.
Speaker 3: So Matt and I got up again. All right, who's ready for the raffle?
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah, And You're like, I think we need to get someone up here to help us to do this, and you're like looking out amongst the crowd, going should I pick, and you're pointing around to the crowd.
Speaker 2: Jumping up and down.
Speaker 1: So funny, like that was just so excited, and you're like looking around like trying to point of who to pick, and then you're like, a j there again everyone's screwed.
Speaker 3: Comes up and he's like, how's it rung up? That was so funny.
Speaker 1: Oh, so then AJ pulled the winning ticket. The winner came up, We brought out the novelty one thousand dollars big check, and then that was the last thing, and then we tried to get everyone out of it. Yeah, because I was getting it was nearly nine o'clock at that point, my.
Speaker 2: Croson and got in the car and did me drive all the way home.
Speaker 1: I stayed right until the end, until ten. And then I collected all the flowers because all the fake flower displays that we had around that looked real. Therefore our glazy in store displays, so we just like we use them because they look pretty. So I packed them up into the car and the rest was fucking history.
Speaker 2: Nice. We congrat such a fabulous event. It really was just so smooth, so fabulous.
Speaker 1: It was a thing went wrong. Everyone had a great time and hopefully.
Speaker 2: You get to do a lot more of them in the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully I know where to next. And how can we fucking top that?
Speaker 1: Like I thought, there's not many venues that have like three whole separate rooms, Like it's such a unique venue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, yeah, how do we top that?
Speaker 1: But it was great. Matt made the night. It was great having Kate there. Kate dedicated shout out.
Speaker 3: She just didn't meet and read all night, didn't she just getting.
Speaker 2: Photos all night? I actually hardly saw her at all. I thought we'd spend all night together. She was too busy meeting all the girls and doing all the things. Yeah. I was running around like a headless chook half the time. Where's the bloody mind? Where'd I put the mark? From where I put my champagne? I was probably the most chaos of the whole night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just so so bloody good.
Speaker 2: You know, someone saw some videos of memceing and asked if I could m see their wedding and was like, whatever it's gonna cost, would you do it? Well, I mean money talks, but I just don't think. I think the pressure, no matter how much you paid me, I think the pressure of that being someone's big day. I couldn't have that weighing on my shoulder.
Speaker 1: I think that about photographers and videographers of weddings. What if the memory card goes corrupt.
Speaker 2: I have MC one wedding once for my cousin and that went fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you could suck it up like you're natural.
Speaker 2: You never know, though, do you?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's a lot of pressure and I just don't think the money's worth it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, all in all, it was a fucking great night and a great three days. I'm not going to do it again for a while because that was a lot big rest.
Speaker 2: I'm in rest ere as well. I think we need a big rest, Dahl.
Speaker 1: We do need a big rest. But thank you to everyone who came. It was absolutely ten out of ten. Can't fault it. Nothing went wrong. It was so well worth it, and everyone left loving it gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Well that's another episode down and dusted.
Speaker 3: Why did I start saying that I love it?
Speaker 2: It's done in dusted and industed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm really bussing friend.
Speaker 2: There you go away, We'll see you next Tuesday.