Speaker 1: We got get you the ready morning every day, every gentlemen, Adelaide, good guys, thanks so much for jumping on board.
Speaker 2: We thought we were just gonna have a really nice, relaxed Friday morning, just cruising the weekend. And then wouldn't you believe it's our boy, Olbot aka the Prime Minister of Australia, Anthony Oban, and he said, you know what, let's chat. Yeah, let's spontaneously chat.
Speaker 3: And then, because we take our political equality very very seriously, we thought, oh, we've got.
Speaker 4: To get data on. Actually he was just next door a five double A and we went by, DADDI coming here.
Speaker 2: Sure makes sense, doesn't it. Peter Dutton versus Anthony Albineasi and Cheeseday went off, No, no, quite lovely our next guest.
Speaker 5: It came into power after defeating Scott Morrison in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: Thank you for this extraordinary honor.
Speaker 5: As we count down to the election on Mathard, please welcome to Nova nine one nine The Man of the.
Speaker 7: People Ululu with no Salulu Australia is thirty first at Prime Minister, how.
Speaker 2: The Prime in a surgeon?
Speaker 6: Morning, Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 3: You're sounding up and about for a man who has hit the election trail hard.
Speaker 4: Are you not exhausted?
Speaker 6: Well, I am a bit, but I get the adrenaline pumping. I was at tape there in Adelaide late yesterday and talking to the students there, the apprentices doing carpentry and joinery and doing plumbing, really enthusias you. I was at a school in Perth first thing yesterday and I've already done a press conference as an urgent care clinic here in Brisbane this morning and later today I'll be off the Tasmania and then off to Victorious. So it's a busy day, but you've got to keep going.
Speaker 4: Can I ask when was the last time you saw your wife or your family?
Speaker 6: Well, he was here in Brisbane. I've got to say, got to stay in the hotel rather than leave pretty early. I left before six this morning and so i'll see her in a little while. She's spending time with me, and of course every Jody is a good person.
Speaker 2: Well, minister miss Primacy, can I ask you as well? And we're talking about this behind the scenes before you came on tomorrow. So tomorrow's a Grand Final and it's a big, big event. Take us through your game day routine. What time are you getting out of bed? What's for breakfast?
Speaker 4: What do you have for dinner tonight?
Speaker 3: How do you actually relax ahead of what will be the determined of the day that will determine if you become our prime minister again?
Speaker 6: Well, I haven't thought about dinner tonight. Last time around in twenty twenty two, I had dinner just with Jody. It was the one time during the whole campaign we had dinner just.
Speaker 3: To do with it.
Speaker 6: And then I got up and did a want of breakfast TV crosses I expected. I'll do that again tomorrow morning and then go to some polling boosts. I'll be in Victoria first thing tomorrow morning. I'll wake up there and then I'll fly up to Sydney go to my own electorate, Grainla. I can confirm I will be voting Labor at the election tomorrow.
Speaker 2: If you were voting Liberal, then what's going on the opposition?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No, I was born Labor and I'll die Labor.
Speaker 4: And also a question for you, how do you fly? You're not jumping on Jetstar. Who do you fly with?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: We have both myself and the leader of the Opposition have access to Royal austral Air Force planes or a plane. So the media traveling party go with us as well around the country. So today three states, yesterday three states as well. So it's been a pretty busy time, I've got to say, but it is an opportunity where Australians are switched on more so than at other time. Every Australian gets to boat tomorrow, and there's a real choice over whether we do cut twenty percent of students debt, whether your listeners do get a tax cut under US or a tax hike underpleted Utton. Over whether we continue to strength of medicare, Over whether my government continues to work with Malley Billows with yesterday on building more houses and dealing with those issues as well, on whether free tape remains permanent, which is what we want to do. So there is that's a very clear choice tomorrow. I don't want to see massive cuts to pay for this absurd nuclear reactive plan. I want to get on with the building of renewables backed by gas and batteries which will be cheaper for households under US, and make sure that we take advantage of the opportunities that are there from some of the ships that are happening in the global economy and continue to do things like support the still works there at Wayala.
Speaker 2: These are all fantastic long term plans. Yes, longterm plans. Let's miss prim mini. So let's talk short term plans. And let's say and everything goes well, and obviously tomorrow night you are told that you will still be the prime Ministuff. What happens? What happens in celebration tomorrow night? Do you do you go straight to bed? Do you have a celebratory dinnity? Do you and Jody go absolutely off your face out of that? What happens?
Speaker 8: What happens?
Speaker 6: Well, the tradition is that whoever is not successful rings the person who is successful to put it in that polite way and concedes defeat, and then they give the first speech, and then the person who is going to be prime minister gives a second speech. Last time around, I did a local club in my electorate. It was pretty late, So let me just say this. The audience was pretty loose bout eleven. They'd been watching the show for about five hours. The results come in, and so they were pretty excited because it had been quite a while before Labor had won an election. I'll have my event election night event at local venue in the inner West of Sydney, and so I'll have to give a speech to Eli to be a really good or a really miserable one for me and for everyone in the room of supporters.
Speaker 9: But then.
Speaker 6: If we're successful, the work begins the next day. Last time around, I went and just had a cup of coffee with some of my friends. Indeed, last time around, I came out in the morning of my home in Marrackle there to get the morning papers that I was wearing a footy jumper on my jarmi bottom, so that aped that appeared on the front page of every newspaper. So I'll be a wake up this time and be more conscious of not wondering out at six am after three hours sleep and looking looking pretty ordinary. So that was my first photographic shots in the Monday morning papers last night.
Speaker 2: I just sort of feel like, I mean, there's so many people sort of seeing on the edge of who they're going to vote for. Let's never use word armies ever again.
Speaker 6: That's why they were put jama bottom, That's what they were.
Speaker 4: Prime Minister. Do you have a walkout song in victory?
Speaker 10: Do you?
Speaker 6: Did?
Speaker 3: They come to your people and say what would you like to play if indeed you are victorious? And can I suggest Chaperone's Pink Pony Club that I think that would be.
Speaker 6: Well, it would be certainly. It's a great song and it's been covered by lots of people as well, I have noticed. But my song is Sounds of Ben by Ganga Jang that we've got approval of doing, and throughout the campaign that's what we've been playing out. Everyone thinks it's called this is Australia, that song, and there's so much about our great bast nation that I've been crossing, not just for the last five weeks, but certainly for the last three years.
Speaker 3: As PM, I know that you're a very busy man today and we're going to let you go. I just have one last question. Should the unthinkable happen and you do in fact lose, how long do they give you to get out of the lodge? How long before you have to pack up all your gear and move out of dodge?
Speaker 6: Well, I said to mister Morrison on election night last year to just let us know when that was okay, I wasn't in any great rush. I do note that Peter Dutton has already measured up the curtains of Curabilly House to living not the lodge, because he said that early early in the campaign, he said he'd lived there. But you know, I think one of the things about Australia is that we're respectful of democratic processes and I would certainly be respectable if if that happens. You know, we are putting ourselves forward for the Australian people. I think there is a real choice. We have a plan to build on the work that was done in our first term, the strength of Medicare and to have that free tape and cut students death by twenty percent, cut taxes. I think we're put forward a positive plan for the next three years and I'm hopeful of a good result, but I'll accept the verdict of the Australian people.
Speaker 3: Prime Minister Anthony Albanezi all the very best for tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Is going to give you the opportunity to make a last minute pitch.
Speaker 2: I think you just do.
Speaker 3: It's not too late to change your mind about Chapel Rohan ahead of tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And now Joe as we just spoke to the Prime Minister of current Prime Minister. Yes, that is mister Anthony Aberneze. So it would be almost criminal of us not to speak to someone else who's very very important.
Speaker 4: Yes, in the interest of fairness and equality.
Speaker 3: We have the leader of the Opposition, Peta Dutton in the studio with us and Pat. Sorry, that was a real quick turnaround from the Prime Minister to you, So I a little run welcome, a big day for you tomorrow. We just spoke to the Prime Minister about his routine ahead of what he will do tonight and tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: What will you do? What's the process for Jodie?
Speaker 7: Thank you and Hoesy. Great to see both. It's just a crazy sort of run to the finish line now. So we're busy on and off planes and visiting marginal seats and it's been an exciting campaign.
Speaker 8: Honestly, we do live in the best country in the world.
Speaker 7: I know we say that, but we've met some amazing people here in Adelaide and right across the country and you know, some sad stories as well. People really doing it tough at the moment, and I think in part that's what this election is about. How can you manage the economy and help people with cost of living pressures and our policy around twenty five per cent a leter cut for fuel is really important. And twelve hundred dollars back by way of taxurybat just to help people with the immediate cost that they've got now and then fix the economy up from there and try and bring some of the prices down, foods up by thirty percent at the moment, which is really crunching a lot of families and a lot of budgets.
Speaker 3: You'll be shocked to hear that we're not going to get overly political here on the Jody and Hazy Show.
Speaker 2: I'm relieved to hear that, mainly through a lack of understanding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please, where will this election be run? And one tomorrow?
Speaker 8: There are a couple of seats.
Speaker 7: Obviously, we've got a great candidate here in Nicole Flint in Boothby, so that's a marginal seat to watch here. And James Stevens in Sturt has done a great job and he'll i think, increase his margin where he is, but he's really worked hard. The spence I would watch as a seat here in South Australia as well. And then the big numbers are probably in Victoria as well. There are probably a dozen seats that are in play in Victoria alone, and then you go to New South Wales, WA and maybe a couple in Queensland as well. So it's sort of an across the board spread, but it's it's much tighter than what the polls are showing at the moment. That the really interesting thing is the seat by seat analysis where you've got somebody who's working really hard, they've been knocking on doors, they've made a real impact locally and you're seeing that coming through and some of the individual seat results.
Speaker 3: What are people telling you? What are the people of Australia telling you? Are the real issues that matter to them.
Speaker 7: The real issue has been cost of living and as I say, food's up by thirty percent, growth for electricity is up by thirty two percent, gases up by forty percent, close to forty percent. Some small businesses we've been to go and see, you know, running a cafe and they're renegotiating their power contract that's gone up by one hundred percent and they're saying, look, it's killing us because we know we've passed on as much of the cost as we can in increasing the cost of a cup of coffee or you know, toasted sandwich, whatever it might be, and our business just doesn't work anymore. So been some really really sad stories, and that's why I say, I think, you know, the Liberal Party always manages the economy and money more effectively, and that's what can help bring some of those down.
Speaker 4: Are you confident tomorrow night?
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 8: I am confident.
Speaker 7: I've seen this movie before, and in twenty nineteen, the book is paid out on Bill short and winning on the Friday, and of course he lost on the Saturday.
Speaker 8: No one saw it coming.
Speaker 7: And when I look at the seat by seat analysis, it's a very similar story this time around. So we've just got to go hard to the finish line, talk to as many people as we can. And I know a lot of people are disinterested and don't sort of switch on right until they have to pick up the pencil to vote in the polling boost. But we live at a great democracy and we shouldn't take what we've got for granted. So it's an important vote this election.
Speaker 4: The PM just said that you've measured up the curtains at Curebilly House. Is that true?
Speaker 7: He's talking about winning what he's going to do to win the third term. He hasn't won the second yet, so hardly going to take out of hubrius advice from the PM.
Speaker 2: Can I just ask you something, Can we just veer away from politics and everything just for a second. How the hell do you switch off? How do you separate yourself?
Speaker 11: Do you?
Speaker 2: How do you separate yourself with everything that's going on? Because you jokingly said to us before, oh you had ratings yesterday, we're kind of in the same situation. There's a bit more pressure on yourself.
Speaker 7: So you guys smashed it right, So obviously did a great job and got good loyal audience out there who appreciate the show.
Speaker 2: So it was nice. It was nice, Yeah, good, good. Well, there's so much going on with social media, there's so much pressure. How do you switch off and, for example, get a good night's sleep.
Speaker 7: Well it's a bit harder now because our kids are Bex twenty three, Harry's twenty, and Tom's nineteen. So for me, what used to be, I guess the sort of the part of the week that I look for too most was watching them play sport. Beack used to swim boys, played footy and just going there on a you know, to watch them on a Friday night train or go and watch them play on a Saturday. It was a complete switch off from work and you watch them develop and enjoy and they loved having you there. So that was a really special part of life. But where we live at home, where on a few aey becres, we've got some cattle and I throw on a pair of shorts and just muck around and be normal and no camera and no phone and jump out on the right on mile whatever it might be.
Speaker 8: And and I've also done that with the kids. They've they've enjoyed that lifestyle as well.
Speaker 7: So it's it's being able to switch off, which you've got to do because it's you know, a lot of the time, it's twenty four to seven and it's long hours, but but it is worth it because you can do a lot of good in this job.
Speaker 4: Look at you too, Just a couple of farm always made for it.
Speaker 2: Is a couple of bike shirtlet's riding writing Mars.
Speaker 8: That's not an hazy if you might be a not of.
Speaker 3: Me thought up, Peter, don't thank you so much for joining us in the studio.
Speaker 4: You're a very busy man. Hopefully you get some downtime over the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 8: Really appreciate it. Thank you very much for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: We're just too unemployed Ozzie boys with over two million followers.
Speaker 2: Oh here Driger, we should pick him up. Thanks to the libs fellas what's in the box?
Speaker 10: Mate?
Speaker 4: I just got mate, and maas, I have my name?
Speaker 2: Well, what's that for?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 1: This is my cake.
Speaker 5: They've been making us laugh at our phones for years now. They're back on our screams with their brand new show. It's the list.
Speaker 7: It's more like a reverse bucket list of things you probably don't want to do before you die.
Speaker 5: Please, Welcome to Novanine One night being Inspired Unemployed Jack Steele and Matt Fordy.
Speaker 8: How was that intro you would production?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the reviews are.
Speaker 8: Going to be good on that line.
Speaker 3: We only want to go the extra mile for the people we really care about. And I say this with all due respect and it's above board. You two really get our juices flowing. So that's where we're out of the moment.
Speaker 1: That's a compliment I've never before, but that's you know, image making, waking up starting your day with that intro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get my juices flowing by.
Speaker 8: I'm ready ready for anything.
Speaker 2: Hey boys, straight into a congratulations on the success. We'll just having a bit of chat off air, and I think you guys are somehow getting better. I feel like the danger is when you start at such a high level with some of your videos, you're like, oh jeez, how do they keep this stuff up? But you guys are getting funnier. How the hell are you doing it very gradually? I don't know. I feel like I've a flatlining, if not going down, But we.
Speaker 1: Always I want to see it again because we freak out so much that we're not getting better, so we try so much harder. I have so much pressure on making the next one good, which is which is also kind of not the best way to live your life.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite skits is where you all wake up hungover and you're reflecting on what you did the night before. Does it get loose like that or are you actually gradually growing up?
Speaker 2: What could go wrong? What go wrong when you've got your own as well?
Speaker 10: That definitely still happens, that can happen from years ago. I can still think of things I did in high school and cringe. I've having him in the shower about him.
Speaker 1: When you're in the shower and it's something that happened when you were on school excursion, yeah, fifteen years ago, and you go ah, and you try and just block it out and you just suppressed it.
Speaker 10: If you here one of the boys yelling from the shower, you know, it's like something they did on the weekend for like two years ago or whatever.
Speaker 2: Boys. The List premiere is on Network Turn and Paramount Plus tell us about it. It's a reverse bucket list of things around the world. This has been our dream to have a travel show. Like it's from the first day when we started doing these videos. But imagine if we could have a travel show.
Speaker 10: Never thought it happened, and then we finally have the opportunity we have Warner Brothers to do something and we kind of had a bucket list. Me and Jack have always had a bucke list of things we want to do, like, oh, we'd love to do this, and they're like, and that will suck, Like no one wants what wants to watch you go have fun. We're gonna make We're very much going to make you go have the worst time of your life and film and and.
Speaker 1: People will get to kick out of that. Every situation we go into is because we get to a country. So we get to Japan and then someone will someone like a local, will deliver us a list. So it's it's an item of things that we've got to do in the country that's in Japanese, so you got to then you got to find someone to translate it. And then they start reading out what you got to do, and we genuinely don't know what the these things are. And when we rock up to the activities or whatever it is, we are blindfolded in the bus and we just have to sit there and wait. When we walk out, it's like the first time we see it, which is a.
Speaker 2: Lot of anxiety. Yeah, very scary and a lot of anxiety. You als are just suckers for punishment for the sake of our entertainment. You so much, boys, We appreciate your time. Look, if you're not following the Inspired Unemployed on some sort of social media platform, then you needs what are you doing? You obviously don't like Humor The Least premiere is on Network ten and Paramount Plus. Guys, thank you so much for the time and congratulations. Thank you appreciate.
Speaker 12: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain how all content, graphic language and nudity, not that you'll see it is easily offended.
Speaker 4: Well, you're about to find out.
Speaker 2: Just how easily your father.
Speaker 4: He's on the money, Jody and Hazy six, shake.
Speaker 2: It out, Joe's those loose bits. Get them out of your system before we straighten up up to seven o'class.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it, got it.
Speaker 2: I'll say this much for free. Every parent knows it self. Care can be hard to come by thanks to the daily grind of raising kids. Am I right? So true?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, finding time for yourself is just very difficult.
Speaker 2: Oh good luck. One particular mum in Queen's Land got more than she bargained for after booking a massage. Her name is Sophie Ye, and she thought she was heading for a regular massage parlor, only to discover that the business was actually a brothel. Let's hear from Sophie.
Speaker 12: You know, in hindsight, there were there were flags and they were red and waving. When it was halfway through, a guy walked in and he was like, your own, I'm going to wait for the other person, and I was like, hey, whatever, she's actually giving me a great massage affairs man. But then she didn't change the towel or the facing or anything. When I left, she was just like out next. They were probably so confused as to saying, I'm a britsal neck.
Speaker 2: I think this is Well. Every time I see massage parlor anywhere, the initial thought is is this dodgy? Yeah? Is it dodgy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it going to finish in a that you wouldn't display on the window?
Speaker 3: The place that I go to has signs everywhere, yes, saying it non sexual massage, which is good.
Speaker 2: But and I went in there and I was like, hey, can I have a sexual message? Like read the sign?
Speaker 3: Well, she was saying dew He was saying to me that they laugh in her face sometimes when she's like shakes her head when they asked for it, and she's like, no, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: So they're walking where it says a non sexual message and they still ask for some sort of sexual activity.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, isn't that dodgy?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 2: What's the name do we?
Speaker 4: Dewey? I love doing.
Speaker 3: She gives the best massage in the world. I've had this happen to me, can I say, excuse me very much? I went to a place that was near me. I'd never been there before, and it was a guy and I don't know what he thought, but he started to get sort of, you know, a bit handsy in an area that he shouldn't it, And I leaped off.
Speaker 4: The table and got out of there.
Speaker 2: Where was this? Where was it?
Speaker 4: I'm not going to say.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say, but it was like it looked perfectly respectable, but it definitely wasn't.
Speaker 4: I got out of dodge. You couldn't get out of there quick enough?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: What is it about me that made him think that that's what I wanted?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but what I will say is, please forgive him for not reading the circumstances. Given you had the mass out of three am on Harley Street. You're a healthy person, Jones, and you're into all sorts of new health trends.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm not really into this one though. Have you ever been for a fart.
Speaker 2: Walk straight to it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Can I be honest with you?
Speaker 8: Not this morning?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: I think Unfortunately, I don't know why I'm going to say this. Blokes are so much gassier than women.
Speaker 4: Why is that?
Speaker 2: Why is that unbelieved? You know, I've never I have even that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 4: Are you into a fart walk? I could get around that for sure. Really, really, do you get it out? Okay?
Speaker 2: She's in the confinements of a studio, though, to.
Speaker 3: Explain what it is, please so this TikTok has shared that she and her husband typically go on a sixty minute fart walk after dinner. She said, we eat a lot of fire bus so we have gas and everybody does, so you fart when you walk. But the main reason we do fart walks is by walking as for as little as two minutes, we are reducing our chances of developing type two diabetes.
Speaker 4: And they say it helps you age better. Really, if you go for a fart walk, do you squeeze yours in in front of your wife?
Speaker 2: Or wow?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Do you know what this must? This might be an age thing as well. I'm not sure because I'm thirty nine years old. I used to I used to wake up and be like, oh my gosh, I've got a lot to expel and maybe need to go for a bit of a fire walk. And now car would be like, are you fine? It was like one o'clock in the morning, and what she did was disgusting. They're like, I don't remember doing that. I'm am I now fighting sleep?
Speaker 4: You're asleep?
Speaker 6: Far?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing people naturally do that? I didn't used to do that and now I do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think every now and then, Gregotty, let's one slip.
Speaker 2: Out in this, hasn't he? I wonder what he's dreaming about.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's a very odd concept. There are a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people have been married for fifty odd years and have never farted in front of each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never Carl's never fart in front of me? Yeah, what's that's crazy?
Speaker 9: Ron?
Speaker 2: Every time I mentioned that to someone, they're like, that's ridiculous. It is ridiculous, And that's not I'm not against it at all. She just I don't know why she just hasn't.
Speaker 3: I say this with all due respect, but is your wife just walking around squeezing her cheeks.
Speaker 4: All the time?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she is, or when I'm out of the house, it's just like bam.
Speaker 5: It's Joey and.
Speaker 2: Daily today. Yeah, that's right, our daily debate where we talk about the topics that matter, the genuine questions that people want answers to.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was actually in Parliament yesterday for ten years first doing a story and I was trying to explain to Malie's advisor about our debut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go here to go down to the top.
Speaker 3: Have been listening into our debates. We've done Tomato sauce speaking k sauce.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 3: We did make the best prime minister at Caunita or talk and he genuinely looked.
Speaker 2: At me like I was a moral Really, I thought you about to say. He looked at me like finally people are asking.
Speaker 8: The right question.
Speaker 3: She did say, I wish I could listen to Nova, but of course he is forced to listen to the more serious stations that delve into the political problems with actual seriousness.
Speaker 2: That's completely fine. He's stapled onto five double A. We'll take that, producer, Molly, this is our final chance to ask a question that matters to the people. What have we got today?
Speaker 4: Well, all week jobs, Yes, you have been ragging on Melbourne. Correct if you've missed it. We've put together a little compilation. Oh great, the CBD in Melbourne is like Gotham City.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 4: It is dark, it is drab, it is filthy.
Speaker 3: There are so many homeless people, which is awful and sad, and so many people just.
Speaker 4: Like yelling at the clouds.
Speaker 3: The first era was we went to south Bank, a very classy.
Speaker 4: Expensive area. It's expensive. We just went for a casual lunch. Three of us had a couple of entrees.
Speaker 2: It was time.
Speaker 3: We had a couple of cocktails two hundred.
Speaker 4: And eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: Wait are U d or repair?
Speaker 3: On the way to south Bank, we were strolling down the street and thank god I wasn't mindlessly scrolling on my phone or anything like that, and I was actually paying attention to the filthy footpath because I was four inches away from my foot treading down on a rat.
Speaker 8: The size of the cat.
Speaker 4: It was a rat that was dead on the footpath and it was this big, and I was like, please, please, can we do?
Speaker 2: Is everyone ready to go?
Speaker 10: Three?
Speaker 2: Two way? Melbourne sucks? Mel then sucks I stand by that too, by the way, Oh yeah, oh this is this could be a very interesting topic. What have we got producing mine?
Speaker 3: Melbourne is the best city in the when not doing that?
Speaker 4: Are we.
Speaker 2: Someone's going to be four and someone's going to be against Yes, yes, we go.
Speaker 3: A lot of things in my radio career, Defending Melbourne will not be one of them.
Speaker 4: I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 2: You have to defend Melbourne after everything that you've put out there this week.
Speaker 3: That compilation didn't even take into account me teeing off on the ballarad Oval for the footing.
Speaker 2: This week, and you are really broadened to the great state of Victoria. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: The that's out there, all right, Jody, take your big Melbourne is the best city in the world.
Speaker 2: Okay, what have we got in there? Yes or no?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay o, No, you're going to go back on everything that you've been saying all week. All right, do you want to go first?
Speaker 5: Next?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good one.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to tell you why Melbourne is not the best city in the world. I'm going to tell you why Melbourne sucks.
Speaker 8: Next?
Speaker 4: God, how on earth am I going to defend Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I'm going to start the debate with a minute next, why Melbourne sucks? These are the questions that matter On Jodie and.
Speaker 5: Hazy, It's Joey and.
Speaker 3: Daily Today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, the election is happening tomorrow, and we thought, why don't we just use this space, this platform to actually ask some questions that matter. That's shape a nation.
Speaker 3: Albo and Dutto are both in Adelaide at the moment, actually making their last minute pictures. There's been a couple of debates between our leaders. I mean, sure, it gets a little bit childish every now and then, but that's why we love it and we embrace it.
Speaker 4: And we thought, you know what, we're going to have our own debates about the things that matter.
Speaker 2: All right, this is our last chance to really really impact the nation. The question is Melbourne is the best city in the world. You drew the short straw and you're going to say yes, yes, and I'm going to say no, it is not the best city in the world. Do you want me to go first?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Please? This is on the back of me ragging on Melbourne A week.
Speaker 2: Time is mine. Here we go, everybody with me. Melbourne is Mels Where do I start? The trap think sucks, The coffee is pretentious, the people are obnoxious, and the weather is wildly inconsistent. Melbourne is where you'll find Collingwood. And we've all been annoyed by a prize supporter at one stage in our lives. They're everywhere in the cracks in the sewers, and they'll tell you how much they love Nick Dacos. We get it, guys, He's perfect. And finally, people in Melbourne don't know how to pronounce Melbourne. Why do they say Melbourne? It's Melbourne not Melbourne.
Speaker 9: Why.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why. Because it's the home of the hipster brother Ooh do you know what I'm saying? In conclusion, Melbourne sucks? Guys. Oh my god, I'd killed for a piccolo right now.
Speaker 6: Very nice.
Speaker 2: That's all it needs to be said.
Speaker 4: That's all that needs to be said. Well done. Okay, coming up next, how are you going.
Speaker 2: To go on a bat for this city? I don't know. Oh my gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But how long have I got, Molly, I've got about three minutes all to put something together.
Speaker 4: You got this in defense of the great city of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Ahead of the election, we are asking the questions that matter somehow via a rebuttal. Next, Jody's going to tell us why Melbourne is the best city in the worlds said it before. I'll say it again. Good luck schmuck and also thirteen twenty four ten, we want to know, we want your vote straight away, Melbourne, Yes or no, it's Joey and Hazy daily today. Finally two people who care about the direction of this country now finally so true.
Speaker 3: As such, we dissected the big issues this week. Tomato or barbecue sauce on your democracy sausage?
Speaker 4: That was one.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we said who would make a better prime minister?
Speaker 4: A cat or a dog?
Speaker 3: Dog? And today you have very craftily come up with a topic, Producer Molly, and that is Melbourne is the best city in the world.
Speaker 4: You have just argued against that. I am for the affirmative, which hurts my.
Speaker 2: Soul, goes against everything you've been saying all week.
Speaker 3: I've absolutely crapped on the state of Victoria for a week now.
Speaker 4: So are you ready? Here is my defense of the city of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Melbourne five words. We stole your grand creep, Nah nah nanana. What can you say about Victoria? It has a wonderfully thriving rat population. It's the birthplace of Eric Banner, Cape Blanchette and the Minoague sisters. Speaking of while you're there, just swing by Ramsay Street and pay a visit to Bouncer.
Speaker 4: Brilliant aquatics over the border.
Speaker 3: Think the sparkling Yarrow River and you'll always have water because they've stolen it from the Murray before it gets to Adelaide. It's also the state that has the good sense and wherewith all to reject Carl and Jackie O. It's the only city where, within five minutes of each other you can watch the Australian Open, the A League and the AFL at the MCG where security is so.
Speaker 4: Loose you can smuggle in a gun.
Speaker 3: It's also home to the greatest football team on the planet with the least amount of dental care go pis.
Speaker 4: Illicit substances are so.
Speaker 3: Readily available you can basically shoot up on the street they do. And it's also the location where you can lace beef Wellington with deadly mushrooms.
Speaker 4: Melbourne uniquely different.
Speaker 3: And deliciously obnoxious about their coffee.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Cat, I just reafirms y, you're for Melbourne. Right with Melbourne, I try disease. Great things don't seem so great, they're certainly not s a great.
Speaker 4: I did the best job I could under the circumstances.
Speaker 2: All right, the one that got made was the thriving rat population. That is it's an absolute haven.
Speaker 6: Trust me.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, what it feels like. We're both against Melbourne, but you were supposed to be for Melbourne. Up against Melbourne thirteen and twenty four to ten gifts call right now, we need your vote. Let's sell it is Melbourne the greatest city in the world. You can get on to social media as well at Jodi and Hazy. Please cast your vote. Phil from Freeling, good morning to you, great man.
Speaker 9: Good morning guys.
Speaker 4: We're good, We're good.
Speaker 3: Who are you leaning towards in this great debate about the city of Melbourne?
Speaker 11: Never coming out of Melbourne's find.
Speaker 2: It's nice, lovely party.
Speaker 9: Me and my dad went down to pick her up and we left on the Friday night, got there Saturday morning.
Speaker 8: I didn't even know for a Saturday morning.
Speaker 9: It was that gray and dark.
Speaker 3: The weather's a big thing, isn't it. It's just like and you can start out really nice and then just turns on.
Speaker 4: It just turns so quickly.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Phil just kicked it off with a nice little vote saying that Melbourne absolutely sucks that's against Melbourne, by the.
Speaker 4: Way, So that's one meal at the moment as it stands.
Speaker 2: We'd love to take a go from his thirteen and twenty four ten are you four or against Melbourne? Let's settle this great debate. Please jump on social media as well at Jody and Hazy or send us a text O full double O nine one nine. Let's settle this great debate.
Speaker 5: Next it's Joey and Hazy Daily Today.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, what a journey is man head to the election tomorrow, Jodes and we just thought, you know, why do we take this opportunity you discuss the things that actually matched to this country. We kicked it off on Wednesday with a really really top shelf stressful question, and that is, what sort of source do you want in your democracy? Sausages, barbecues, tomato overwhelmingly tomato.
Speaker 4: One yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: And then yesterday we thought, okay, let's elevate this debate debarcle that we've got going here, and the question was who'd make a better prime minister?
Speaker 4: A catteror dog? Overwhelmingly dogs one yeap o.
Speaker 2: Cat's put up a good fight, by the way, really good fight.
Speaker 4: Cat people are surprisingly passionate.
Speaker 2: Aren't they very stubborn, very stubborn, just like their cats.
Speaker 3: Yes, So today's debate centers around the city of Melbourne. Now I've been ragging on it for the better part of a week now, and now I've been put in a position where I was forced to defend it and say Melbourne is the greatest city in the world.
Speaker 2: What I like this, well that even in your defense of Melbourne, you actually kind of bagged it. You lost me as well when you're like go pies. Nobody in South Australia wants to hear that.
Speaker 4: It was very as if aggressive, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: It's a thriving rat population. Fantastic for all the rat enthusiasts out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's on the back of the fact that I nearly stepped on one that was the size of a cat when I was over there last week.
Speaker 2: Turns out it was John Button all right, So we are putting it out there on thirteen and twenty four ten. Lot of calls coming through. Thank you for that, and also the text line is absolutely going off off for four double nine one nine nine one nine Instagram at Jodiine Hazy. I think we have a result producing moll you ready for this the great city of Melbourne. Are we four or against?
Speaker 4: Against?
Speaker 2: The people have spoken? A shocker, the people have spoken.
Speaker 4: And guess what, I've never been more happy to lose a debate, more happy in my life.
Speaker 2: Oh good stuff, guys, thank you for contributing to the questions that matter. You know who else? We should put this to? The bloody Prime Minister? Can we get Anthony Albernezy on here? Please? Yes we can.
Speaker 4: I got his number?
Speaker 2: You've number, don't you? Guys are watch this space. Let's see if we can get the Prime Minister Anthony Abernezi to talk all things big well, and that is toppings on your democracy, sausage, et cetera. Melbourne for against? All right, we'll do it after this, montell Jordan on Nova.
Speaker 4: Yes is all.
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 2: Joe's and not having Fitzy on a Friday is like waking up and not having a coffee. Do you know what I mean? You can't set yourself until you've had a nice hot cup.
Speaker 4: Of Fitzy one and fresh off the front bar in Melbourne. Ryan Fitzgerald, good morning.
Speaker 11: Joe's hazy.
Speaker 9: I am the extra shot to your show, aren't I?
Speaker 8: Yes you are.
Speaker 2: It's potent too, your potent shot, Fitzy, well done, Yeah, or you.
Speaker 11: Could consider me an espresso martini every now and then.
Speaker 3: Hey, Fitzy, you get into Melbourne for the front bar on Channel seven. How do you find Melbourne as a city, Because, let's be honest, I've been ragging on it all week.
Speaker 9: Look I love it because of their culture. I really do think that they embrace sport and music and the arts so well. But it is just a great city to visit and walk away from it saying I could never live here.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's so true.
Speaker 3: As a city, it's pretty grim, isn't it. And I nearly stepped on a rat the size.
Speaker 2: Of a cat.
Speaker 4: I'm not even joking.
Speaker 11: Well, you'll run into an umpire every now and then.
Speaker 4: Would you ever want to move from Portan no longer? South?
Speaker 2: Is the question.
Speaker 9: I'm done, speak a fork into me, check my temperature.
Speaker 11: The roast pork is done.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you why that This term gets lose very loosely. But I believe it is God's country down there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it is God's country, Yes it is.
Speaker 9: Gary Ablin hasn't been there yet, so I'll have to take him down to his own country some such.
Speaker 3: We've been doing aily debates this week in honor of the election on Saturday and everyone heading to the polls to cast their vote, and we thought, I don't know that these politicians are talking about the things that matter. They're talking about medicare and the cost of living crisis and immigration and all those boring things. We've been talking about. Tomato sauce, be barbecue sauce. And who would make the better prime minister? A dog or a cat?
Speaker 4: You have one of each?
Speaker 11: Go okay?
Speaker 9: So I do have a dog and a cat. I don't have a good relationship with the cat. So definitely dogs, because dogs just greet you whenever. They're not really annoying dogs. Politicians are annoying, So maybe that would be better as a prime minister.
Speaker 2: Guys, Yeah, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 11: Can I just say with a cat, you go to give it love and it gives you nothing. So that's what politicians do. You ask them for love and they give you nothing back.
Speaker 2: That is true as well. And Anthony Albernet is very prone to a hairball every now and again as well.
Speaker 9: So the similarity, I'm licking his own nuts.
Speaker 3: You've met Prime Minister Anthony Albanezy, you've been.
Speaker 4: To his house. Basically he's like a big old labrador, isn't he?
Speaker 9: He's great?
Speaker 11: Actually, do you know what?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 11: All these brain rot marketing and advertising that they're doing and all the memes the marketing that they're doing for political ads these days. Yeah, like he's just not like that at all.
Speaker 9: There was one that showed him dropping a catch in our backyard bigger game at Kiribilly House. But what they didn't show that he went on to make forty three with the bat.
Speaker 11: He's a gun with the bat?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, what's the slogan? Can you trust this man at Gully? I don't think so.
Speaker 11: Can you trust this man to take five wicks to win the game?
Speaker 7: For you?
Speaker 1: Busy?
Speaker 3: We should quickly touch on the footy on the weekend. Eucrolis how are they going to fare against Carlton who are a bit hot and cold to say the least.
Speaker 11: This is going to be a tough one. Unfortunately I can't make it because I'll be handing out information fires for the trumpets of Patriots. I but I yeah, this is going to be an absolute built and not a good time to get Carlton. They're playing really good football at the moment, but we need to win these big games. We took a huge breath and it was an odd relief as well when we knocked off GWS, but we need to do it again and Carlton will be a great team to knock off because they're one of the informed teams in the as at the moment.
Speaker 9: So I'm going to back the Cross. We've got the Fog back, which is which he's much needed. But yeah, it's going to be a great game on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Hazey can't make it either.
Speaker 3: He'll still be out in the front of Calvary Hospital waiting for Riley Philthorpe to check on how he's fingered.
Speaker 9: You talk about the democracy sausage can't five will be having a few of those on the weekends.
Speaker 11: There's any one point.
Speaker 9: It out as well that his surname is actually probably the greatest countermeill that you can get at a pub as well.
Speaker 2: He changes the club Parmy.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, right, Fitzgerald for all your elite political news, We've come no further than you world done.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Yes, what a beautiful, wholesome space this is. Or when you're winning. When you're not winning, it can be very very brutal and fierce and sometimes obnoxious.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest, you're the one that gets obnoxious. I don't.
Speaker 2: I try to be gracious in depleas I'm telling you right now, I am talking about myself.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yes, the score for Battle of the Bangers, where we picked two.
Speaker 3: Songs against each other, is six five.
Speaker 4: And this week, apparently we've had a record number of votes.
Speaker 8: We take that.
Speaker 2: It was what two thousand and five. We got some songs from there, and yeah, it's really really gone off this week, which I'm very very happy about. So it's just a quick recollection. You've gone with this Green Day classic od a holiday and I left until last second. I had no choice but to choose this Maroon five classic. And when I say Maroon five classic, I mean the only genuine songs that's ever been written from Run five.
Speaker 8: She will be love ladies Germans.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, so I'm getting into it too much. Sorry about sorry. I was singing from the soul then too, By the way, So what just happened? I blacked that for a second. What happened? What happened?
Speaker 4: Who's the dirty Bird? From marone five. What's isn't it?
Speaker 2: Adam Levine Andrew Hayes, watch out because Adam will slide into your Okay, camer.
Speaker 3: Guy, Josh, you know how much this means to me. You brought me a Green Day T shirt. That's how much I love this band.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and it's a great song. It is so fingers crossed for.
Speaker 8: You, Joe, it's not right here we go?
Speaker 2: Would you like a drum roll?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 2: Big fella, get me a big old drum roll? But it's Andrew, Hey, what did you think was gonna have for Jones? I feel like this is pretty one side of this week.
Speaker 4: I'm backed in Green Day. I just had face. It's okay, Well next time, what do we say about not being obnoxious? What did we say?
Speaker 2: I'm working on it, all right, I'm working on this space. So that takes us now to seven to five? You're ready Jone's you're ready to I think you like the song that I can, so you can appreciate it and I'll leave my obnoxiousness at the door. Thank you, to the best of my ability, here's your winning song.
Speaker 3: Very nice bugle play. Andrew Hayes, Hey, it's s a Derby date more Fortville tomorrow. It's a Group one, a million dollar race, and one of the premier jockeys in Australia is Jamie Mellum and she joins us.
Speaker 4: Now, good morning, good morning. How are you good now? You won this last year?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 13: I did so, going back to back to the goal this week?
Speaker 2: Oh you raced so much, Jamie. Do you feel that sort of pressure? He just like, it doesn't matter. It's me. It's another race that I'm gonna win.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's funny, Nadlaude. Last year I did feel the pressure. I had a good chance, I thought, And it's just out of all the group ones, this was one of the specialist ones, just because it was back in my home state in front of all my friends and family. So there's definitely pressure.
Speaker 3: Now, Jamie, correct me if I'm wrong. But you're newly married to Ben. Ben is also a jockey.
Speaker 4: Are you racing against each other tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Yes we are.
Speaker 13: He's beat me all week at Warna Wolf, so I think it's my turn this weekend to write a few winners.
Speaker 4: He's beaten you this week?
Speaker 3: Has he?
Speaker 4: How does that go down at home?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 13: It was his shout last night for once, so at least you could pay for dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nice. Hey, Jamie, this is a broad question, but I'm just going to put it out there. What's it like being such a dominant female and amongst an industry where traditionally the men have ruled it and you're smashing all of them.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's amazing.
Speaker 13: We love beating the boys. And oh god, there's a few amazing females that's been started writing the last few years.
Speaker 3: So I think the girls are taking over absolutely, and it's all started with Michelle Paine who won the Melbourne Cup. You've been so so very close. Do you reckon this year's Spring Carnival is your turn?
Speaker 13: I hope so yes. I had a great year last year, but the spring I got one group one. I didn't have a great Spring Carnival. So hopefully this year is my year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Jamie, for those who don't know, talk us through your preparation in terms of racing, what you have to do to get at the right weight.
Speaker 13: Well, this week's insane because I've been at Warnable all week. I fly back to write at cram and Friday night and then fly in late Friday nights Adelaide and then get a couple of hours to go for a nice walk and a little sweat before the races. But look, my weight's quite good compared to some of the guys, and I think that's the better for being a girl. The weight's a lot easier like Ben's. He doesn't have much fun. He's got to lose two three killos every day and then I have a coffee and have a piece of toast and laugh at him in the morning.
Speaker 2: But yeah, is there a time of the year where you can effectively just sort of relax and let yourself go and just not have to worry and stress about this.
Speaker 4: This is the thing. She's got a villa in BALI give it a plug if you like. But when you go over there is it. All bets are off and you can just cut sick.
Speaker 13: It's amazing because I don't get a barley sim I just turn my phone off and not speak to anyone. That's amazing. So normally winter there's racing every day of the year, such and Christmas Day, so most jockeys do ride most of the year. But winter I'm not a fan of riding in the rain and the cold, so I normally like to head up to Barley. Yeah, Phyllis, see you there you go, I'll give it a little plug.
Speaker 2: It's bin tank city up there.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And then when you're over there, can you just have nazy gooring for breakfast? How does it work?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely, And look you might get a bit of barley belly and loose some way on the way home.
Speaker 2: Finally some barley belly.
Speaker 3: This is the thing about barley belly. You just want to get the right amount just so you feel. You know, his stomic feels flatter. Jamie all the best tomorrow up against Ben It's going to be who you on? Actually, who are you riding?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 13: Lavellier looked last week before the barrier drawer came out. I thought this horse would just win. It's always given me an amazing feel of a decent horse, and he just hasn't really shown up until he ran a super race last weekend and ran second. And I think the twenty five hundred will just suit him down to the ground. But now he's drawn barrier fifteen, so I'm going to have to pull out some magic and give him a good ride. But if everything works out, I think it'd be hard to beat.
Speaker 3: I remember interviewing Johnny Lets once and he called you a horse whisperer, so hopefully.
Speaker 6: Hopefully.
Speaker 3: Horse whispering and aa all right, thank you so much for joining us this morning, and all the best for tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Thanks guys,