Speaker 1: Lucky, so lucky Lucky Jackie is there, we get to talk to you. It's Melan Monty. Welcome, Welcome, everyone, Welcome to the podcast. Anyway, I hope you're well whatever you're up to, and hope that you're going swimmingly. If you're new to the pod, this is our bite sized pod, and if you listen regularly you know that. But anyway, something came up the other day on Instagram, of course where else saying how there are people, there are people who fall into two categories when it comes to this, and a lot of people are absolutely revolted at the thought of cleaning your teeth in the shower. Yes, what are your thoughts on that? Okay, I brush, I do brush my teeth in the shower. Same.
Speaker 2: It's a convenience thing, but it's also I feel like I'm getting clean all at once. I'm doing all the cleaning things at once. See, the brushing my teeth into a sink makes me a bit naugous as well. I don't like it. But that said, I can see how it's germy because I've got a cover on my toothbrush, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, you have a cover on your tooth set it sits at your house, of course I do.
Speaker 2: My god, you have to. I mean that thing. I'm a step away from getting a toothbrush sanitizer. You can buy them on Amazon. It's like a blue light sort of thing that you put the toothbrush under and it zaps the germs.
Speaker 1: Gee, I was going camping or maybe even maybe not even then, I would use a little little container for my toothbrush. Yeah, that's going in my mouth. I don't want any external things. When you think about the grossness of if you have a toilet in your yes, I don't like that. In an ideal world, it wouldn't be in the same way. So there's that.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna have shit particles on it, right. Also, just thinking about spraying stuff, say your spray, hair spray, deodor, whatever, those things are all going on your toothbrush. But again, the flip side to that is I'm covering it from germs, but it's probably festering in there with germs because it would.
Speaker 1: Have been the germs would have been caught on it before you put it in the cover.
Speaker 2: And it's a moist environment. Jesus moist environment. Yeah, not horrible. Does that sound Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I dare clean my teeth, like you would die at my hygiene. I often think with my routines too, I think mal die if she's so like. And also my skin at the moment I have roseation on my cheeks and I'm like, my skin's Maul's worst nightmare at the moment.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. You need to get. You need to get and you can get this from chemist warehouse. You get it in America. You need a script for it. We don't hear. You just go to the bit where you pick up your prescriptions. It's called purnature fi n aca. It's just a little cream and you literally put a pea sized amount on and rub it into your skin. Very very good for roseatia because there are all different types of roseatia, but there's one where there is like a mite or a bug that lives in your skin wow and triggers it right, Yeah, and you can't get rid of it. It's like one of those things. If you've got it, you've got it. So you get that and you put it on. Don't get it around your eyes or your mouth because like it can irritate it and make like your lips really dry and stuff. But put it on the bits where there's a problem. Do it morning and night. Lot with moisturizer.
Speaker 1: Just won't do that. But I see that's what I mean. You wouldn't understand. You would die if you saw my routines because my routines don't really exist. Like I will put a sermon and then I'll put a tiny bit of oil well I don't even know what it is, and then I'll put on a moisturizer and that is it, and I will not do I don't do that at night. I just do it in the morning.
Speaker 2: But it's also I would say in fairness, that doesn't mean it's wrong. It just means it doesn't matter that much to you.
Speaker 1: Well, but then I look in the mirror, like I look at us now with this video that is recording, and your skin is so dewy, and mine looks like sand paper.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look like sandpaper again, I know. Yeah, but you say dewey. I look at it and I see, my god, my forehead so shiny. No, dewey, I would love Dewey's skin.
Speaker 1: I've got these because I was just like, okay, I'm going to do something, and I got three things of skin needling to use it this place anyway, skin needling is just phenomenal. But I went and I have never been in more pain in my whole life. And I had had skin needling done a bucketload of times before. And they said a deep. Yeah, we've got this new one, they said, and they hadn't used it before. And I said, can I put on numbing cream? And they're like, no, this one, you don't put on numbing cream.
Speaker 2: I have seen a picture, a hectic picture, burnt in a fire. It was so.
Speaker 1: I had had three natural berths. And after I said to them, that's the most painful thing I've ever been through. I haven't been back. And I bought a pack of three and the message and stuff, I'm like, you guys are fucked. You don't know what you're doing. They're like, that shouldn't hurt like that. It was no, so intense.
Speaker 2: It must have been a really deep needle, because so deep it was.
Speaker 1: Going into my brain, I'm sure about it. And then over the like on the nose and stuff, oh.
Speaker 2: Where it's like there's no meat, no meat. No. I read a thing. It was about Brad Pitt actually, and it was talking about how because he had quite bad acne scarring. I did he and micro needling, but a deep needle, like when you think of the rollers or whatever that you get, which you actually shouldn't, they say, But like if it's point two five or point five, it feels like a prickle on your skin, but it doesn't hurt, like you're just rolling. Not think about it. Those ones that help with promoting collagen properly, properly, they can be like one point five.
Speaker 1: I think mine were really really I think that's would have been it because I my pain tolerance HIGHI I know it's high. So this was like WHOA so fall on that I don't want to use it again. I feel like they were cowboys. And the lights were so brighten there, like when I'm going to go to somewhere you want it like that. I want a nice bed, I want it, relaxing music. I want your oil. This was like fluorescent lights. And the woman spoke so loud that I was like looking around me, like are you talking to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was so loud, and the louder she talked, I would talk quieter because I'm like, You've got to get your volume is so off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't go back there. That's I don't think I'm great, it doesn't sound right. Gift those Gift those extra sessions to someone else.
Speaker 1: On a side note, I've got a friend or an acquaintance, I should say, who's such a close talker? And I realized I haven't had a close talk in my life for a long time. It's because you don't probably go out. There could be that I don't talk to me. But it's like she's just come in my circle of comfort, like a centimeter or two, and she does it every single time, And I'm like, how are you not noticing? Like your circle is a lot more narrow than mine is, and.
Speaker 2: You would think. I am always surprised at Let's say someone's thing is that they're a close talker, right, they can't read the body language of the other person's backing off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I reckon the top half of my body is nearly ninety. It's so uncomfortable because it's.
Speaker 2: Not just that I know, we laugh about the breath thing that is an element of it, but it's also it's encroaching on your space. I feel stifocated.
Speaker 1: Yes, you do.
Speaker 2: It's too personal. It's like people who maintain hectic eye contact Yes, it feels too personal.
Speaker 1: It feels like we're too interhearing you, like they've got a blazer, they're looking into you. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway back to where we started. Yeah, the toothbrush in the shower. I realized the bra I have on as well. I cannot remember the last time I washed it, Like, I cannot remember. Isn't that terrible?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not terrible. Does it smell? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't put my nose in there. It doesn't smell to the point that you can smell it unless you put your nose in there. But I'm sure it doesn't smell pleasant. It's also a maternity bra. No, it's my maternity bra that I've had when Otis was born. It's just four years ago. Do you keep bras that long?
Speaker 2: I've got bras from years ago where you know how big my boobs were, Like, yeah, ridiculously big that I look at now fit my whole head in there. But I can't let go of them because I think, oh I could go back.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you to get rid of them?
Speaker 2: You no, I know, I know. The thing with bras is that they become a comfort thing. You have your favorite really a comfort thing. It's just it's it's fine. And when they been perfectly Yeah, well, this is the catch. You think they fit perfectly because they feel comfortable, probably because as the conversation we've had about the undies before, they're stretched out and they're probably not even supporting you properly.
Speaker 1: There is one part of my bras that support may not one.
Speaker 2: Part you go to get properly fitted for. And Okay, they like skin tight. They make it so tight on you. They do make it so tight. I never wear it as tight as they fit me because I don't like the feeling of it being too restricted. But I do like the look of when my tits look nice and high in perpe.
Speaker 1: But mine never do. Even if I had the world's biggest push up bra. I used to love my oil bras. My god, remember those bras that used to have oil in them.
Speaker 2: I never have needed them, to be honest. I need the lift, but not the bulk.
Speaker 1: I look online and buy another oil bra. It's so an oil bra, oh my god, because it did used to help perk out my boobs because the oil was underneath and would give it a big lift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I guess it's a natural. That's where because when you think about the volume you lose in your boobs, like when you've you know, put on or gained weight, or you have kids and you've breastfeed they've got big and small and whatever. Right, the volume that's lost is all the top.
Speaker 1: That is the bagging the volume. I have no volume in my boobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not even that. I look at my boobs and I think I don't even want like, I don't want a big I just want them up perposely. I want more volume at the top where it used to be. Speaking of things that are like sort of disgusting or gross or whatever, I saw this list on BuzzFeed about gross things that people do that they think are normal.
Speaker 1: Right, there'd be so many, God, the things that I would do.
Speaker 2: Look there is picking your nose was number one. I think that anyone who says they don't pick their nose is a liar, totally like it's and it's it's it's fun, right, I love it, and when I'm stressed I do it so much more. Yes, but some of the other things listen to this one. This struck me as really odd looking at the toilet paper to see what progress was made while you're wiping. Oh yeah, you must do that, sat do you know if you're clean otherwise?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Everyone does that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. This person doesn't well people well anyway for it to have made the list. I'm like, there must be something anyway. Give the bread knife a token wipe and put it back in the drawer. I feel like you would do that. Of course, I don't do that if you've just cut a piece of bread.
Speaker 1: It was just a piece of bread.
Speaker 2: I just got some crumbs on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I would do that. But if it was like I'd had butter, I wouldn't just token wipe it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, but bread where it's like just crumbs, yeah I would.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: This is something I don't know how relatable it's going to be for everyone, but it was very relatable to me. When I shower, my hair collects in my butt crack. I remove it and stick it to the wall. Is this a chick thing? Straight away? I'm like, I know that every time I wash my hair because I lose a lot of hair as well. Like my hair, I lose chunks of hair all the time. It's by nature ends up in the crevice, it ends up in your crack. What do you mean to do? Leave it there? You pull it out? The sticking one on the wall is actually fucking genius.
Speaker 1: You've done it before.
Speaker 2: Have I done what stuff on the wall? Yeah? I have.
Speaker 1: That's because weird.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do? What do you do with it?
Speaker 1: You just let it go down the sinkhole?
Speaker 2: No, you don't, because that's how you get clogged draining.
Speaker 1: No, so then do you when it's when you've turned off the shower, get that hair and put.
Speaker 2: It in the bin. Yeah, I do, and then I wash my hands.
Speaker 1: That's well, it's your own hair. You don't need to wash your hands.
Speaker 2: No, I do because that No, I think you're the let's put it out there, but I think you're the weird one here.
Speaker 1: I don't like. But also I guess I don't lose hectic chunks. I lose like strands of hair. But I would never go I would even so mal I would hands down, get it to go down with plug.
Speaker 2: But to let it just go down the drain is going to clog your drain and then you get the drain pole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, which is I've had that in my sink because of food. I let a lot of food go down my sink, I know, and my hell traders. Yeh God, I love an insinntcret. Mate. If you saw my house, you'd be shocked what I live in, Like, you know, literally the nineties. You've walked into the nineties. There is no mod cons in this house at all.
Speaker 2: I feel like there is a challenge here that we need to maybe post some pics of the ugliest things in our house and let's see who wins in the ugly stakes, and I let's do it. I will put a one hundred dollar bet on with you right now that I will win. I will win by a huntry mile.
Speaker 1: But how do we word it? Like, look, how ugly our house is? That just terrible to that.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't sound terrible, because if you think your house is ugly, you're entitled to think that.
Speaker 1: I think what era is your house?
Speaker 2: It was built in ninety one or nineteen k ninety wild core wogs and you were what I mean.
Speaker 1: You should do a wog one like how woggy is my house? And I'll do a how nineties is my house? Or we can do whose house is more nineties instead of whose house is ugliest. That sounds like I don't like that, sounds like we're unappreciative and.
Speaker 2: That No, it doesn't. It just sounds funny and people will relate to it. I think. How's our Sorry, everybody workshopping your social strategy on the podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. Yeah, I'm all right. Thanks for listening everyone. We appreciate that you listen to our podcast, and as we always ask, share it with your buddies who you think would enjoy it, Give us a rating or a comment wherever you listen, and to our patrons, thank you for your extra support. You guys get an extra podcast every couple of weeks, so if you can grab a membership, they start about five bucks a month. Patreon dot com, Forward, Slash, Show and Tell online is where you will find it helps with the running of the pod. We'll chat to you soon. Bye for now, Love you, en