Speaker 1: On scoring lis Ostrodio.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalty Show. Good evening and welcome to the readA Panety Show. Coming up tonight.
Speaker 3: Opposition leader Peter Dutton declares war on leftist activist journalists after another hit piece is published in the Nine Papers.
Speaker 2: The Great Professor Ian Plymer will join me.
Speaker 3: To discuss Chris Bowen's latest green scheme, and straight from Texas, Alex Stein with the latest US news. Kin zis scofil with the celebrity news that you want to hear, including Jerry Seinfeld pining for a return to dominant masculinity, and as always, Left is losing it tonight featuring this alleged comedian here' Israel.
Speaker 2: I had to get that off my chest.
Speaker 4: The rage just builds up and I just have to learn it now every couple of hours.
Speaker 3: But first, let's go to this investigation from the ABC and yes we give them credit when they deserve it. They report that hundreds of thousands of Australian households are being charged electricity prices based on their single biggest point of usage across an entire month, fueling claims power firms are using sneaky tactics to gouge customers. The ABC found so called cost reflective tariffs such as time of use and flexible rates are using a customer's single highest point of demand for power could be as little as thirty minutes to calculate how much they pay for a whole month. So someone could be away from home traveling for four weeks, but they come back on the thirty first and do their laundry, run the dishwasher, do a bunch of things that uses power, and that single high usage period will be extended for the whole month. Doesn't sound too fair. Let's bring in Sky News contributor pro McSween pro all these smart meters we've all paid a fortune for. We're supposed to make things easier and more accurate, not be a means to our rip off consumers.
Speaker 5: Well, they're smart ass computer computers, I think.
Speaker 2: Actually.
Speaker 5: I mean, when you think about it, you almost need to have a PhD to work out the convoluted bills that you get. It's really hard to understand. And now we see that they're really trying to rip us off with these new so called smart demand payments and fees. You know, it just feels as a consumer that everybody is out to get you, to trick you, to manipulate, con you, to get more money out of you, and it's just it's no wonder people are so depressed and so furious. There's so much anger in the community.
Speaker 3: And I think it's because we're struggling to pay a way, you know, to just survive. And when you know that entities like this government, also insurance companies, health insurance companies, they're all conning you in some way to get more and it's just getting tiresome and really deflating.
Speaker 5: I've got to say.
Speaker 3: Absolutely now to the left's latest attempt to sme Opposition leader Peter Dutton, and it is a curious tactic. They keep trying to portray him as someone who was soft on crime, soft on borders. The Sydney Morning Herald published what they hope would be a hit piece. It certainly was a hit piece. I don't know how much damage he did, though. They accused Dutton of releasing two men convicted of accessory to murder at one hundred and two convicted sex offenders during his time as Minister in charge of Immigration and Home Affairs. Dutton wasn't having it through He posted this odd ex is that I canceled more than six three hundred v more than any minister since Federation. The cancelation power was exercised within the limits of the constitution. Important point that one mister Albanesi watered down the law under Direction ninety nine. And that's why you are seeing the complete failure by this government and the happless Andrew Giles. Only you and Lauren Tingle. I think that you there is David Crow, You and Laura Tingle would run this pathetic line spoon fed by the government.
Speaker 2: Ouch. This is you don't often see.
Speaker 3: Australian politicians hitting back like this, let alone opposition leader. But proof this tactic Labor have of trying to blame Dutton for their immigration detention woes.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's an effective.
Speaker 3: Strategy because I would have thought most people, whether they like Peter Dutton or loathe him, would consider to be pretty tough on crime, tough on borders.
Speaker 2: In the eyes of some people, too tough.
Speaker 5: Well, red this is because they're terrified of him. You know, they're attacking the man because he's a very strong leader and he's got their measure and so they're running scared. You can imagine there's sphincters going nineteen to the dozen when they enter the Parliament. You know, this is a man who isn't going to let the lies, the obfiscation, the cunning of people who really just want our politicians to perform, and he's not going to let them get away with it. And you know, sadly Alban Easy knows that he and Giles have totally stuffed the Immigration Act up, and you know they're going to try and do everything in the book that they can to take the pressure off themselves. It's so childish, as you know, when you're little, kids used to blame oh he started, Oh she started it. You know, so childish. And the people can see through all this. We know who's to blame for all of this. It started when Labor were elected. We knew they were weak on immigration. Our borders will be porous and it's all coming true.
Speaker 3: Fears of an American style weaponized justice system are growing right here in Australia. It's not just a US phenomenon.
Speaker 2: The Act.
Speaker 3: Chief Justice Lucy McCallum has come under fire for comments she made where she bemoaned the principle of innocent until proven guilty in rape trials. She said there's an intractable problem in that our overriding task and function is to ensure an accused person has a fair trial. The Australian reports her comments have shocked many members of the bar. One barrister said, it's not a problem. It's the principle of the whole justice system. A fair trial is not an intractable problem. It's an essential mechanism that's relied upon to ensure justice is done. And another barrister said, is she a judge or a law reforming politician.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad question.
Speaker 3: Through Activist judges are certainly a problem in this country. It's not something that's discussed too often. But when they're appointed, they're appointed for life. I don't think they have to step down until they're in their seventies.
Speaker 2: And it worries.
Speaker 5: It's so worrying because where it's the separation of powers, because all of these judges are now political appointments, and you just wonder who's bidding she's doing. You know, even if she's very clean and not doing anyone's bidding, you have to wonder about her impartiality and the impact of what she's saying in a court room when she was quoted as saying something to a rape complaint when entitled to think you might be lying until you prove you're not. I mean, it's just astounding that this kind of commentary is coming from the Chief Justice, and we all have to be extremely concerned. I know, in America, you know, the president stacks the courts over there and they have you know, I guess everybody has to question then the results. You know, they know what's going to happen, whether they're left leaning or not. But in this case in Australia, I think we are all alarmed by a commentary and I'm glad that the legal fraternity is standing up and saying, hang on a minute, this is not right.
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you here in Victoria have had a labor government in power for so long. They have got their people everywhere, and some of the attorney generals have been very clever in appointing fairly young judges, so they're sitting on the bench for thirty odd years, maybe even longer. Now, let's talk about what's happening on university campuses.
Speaker 2: Students at the University of Sydney have.
Speaker 3: Been subjected to lectures like this have a listened to what I'm about to play you. This lecturer is talking about her Mass being wrongly accused of rape. According to her, they didn't rape people, they didn't murder babies on October seven.
Speaker 2: Have a listen this.
Speaker 6: Article that was written by the New York Times. Scream without words, screams without words, how her Mus weaponized sexual violence on October seventh is one that time and again was proven wrong that witnesses they supposedly had said they never you know, that never.
Speaker 7: Happened to them.
Speaker 6: The sources were attracted all kinds of things to prove that, you know, that this story was really you know, it was not a real story, that a lot of what was in this article.
Speaker 7: Was not true.
Speaker 2: You can see how the Western.
Speaker 6: Media has suppressed coverage of the atrocities. They've used this kind of fake news about her Mus beheading babies and mass rates, all in order to shore up support for Israel, and they have distorted events.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, Prude, there is a quiet fight back happening on campus, or at least from one academic. Listen to what happens when a pro Palestinian activist interrupts a lecture here.
Speaker 8: The University obviously has security here to stop us talking about Palestine in your class, which is genuinely sort of outside the usual activity out of this university. If you're opposed to the genocide in Palestine, you know there's a ralliant Thursday, one pm. You can come along to that one.
Speaker 3: I just love that pro That is a fight back, just peacefully and quietly, just I think blasting. It was Beyonce there, but you know, pick whatever song you want and just drown them out. I mean, the entitlement of these absolutely loopy leftist activists. Not only have they got these encampments, not only are they pressuring students, scaring some of them away from lectures, but those who are showing up to lectures are getting interruptions like that.
Speaker 5: Well good on him, as you say, but it's they don't even look like their university students, you know, their activists. They look like activists who have just joined the party and you know, decided that they're going to add.
Speaker 2: To the disruption.
Speaker 5: But you know, you look at those other students sitting in that auditorium who just want to learn, and you know you have these morons coming in and imposing their views on these poor innocent students who you know, sadly have probably been used to having this kind of grooming since so a little ki. You know, we've had generations now of kids who have been subjected to activist teachers, and now it seems to be happening in universities. I mean, God, take up a trade. Don't subject yourself to university anymore.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, there's a point to the degree. I would just be rethinking it now.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump was found guilty on all accounts in his New York hush money trial last week. Law professor Jonathan Turley was inside the courtroom for the trial, and he gave this analysis to Fox.
Speaker 9: News in defense of some of those jurors. They may have not seen any alternative but conviction. I mean, keep in mind, this judge allowed the government to repeatedly tell them that it was a fact that an election violation occurred and that Trump had ordered it. Judge Murshan stayed absolutely silent during that statement, over and over again, even though it violated his instruction. And to this day we won't know what the jury really decided on the conspiracy. I was in that courtroom listening to thirty four guilty verdicts, but they didn't say what the jury thought had happened. They were unanimous only that some crime, some secondary crime occurred. Judge Mshan did not require them to reach unanimity on what that crime was. So it's going to go on appeal and the appellate court won't know any more than we have in terms of knowledge as to was this an election violation, another falsification of documents, a tax violation. That's just simply not in the record.
Speaker 3: This sham trial prew the polls taken after the conviction of showing that Trump is still headed back to the White House.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it's via jail, it's.
Speaker 3: Really not having an impact because those who have taken notice of what's happening. No, there was no substance to this. This were charges that were manufactured purely to get Trump.
Speaker 5: Well, it's totally back to fire big time. And of course, now how's barden ganna look that he's been going to be beaten by a felon. You know, you have to think, Wow, isn't that great? You know, not a good way to start. But anyway, look, the whole thing is just a total jug.
Speaker 3: Well, I think part of the whole strategy here was to go to November election with Trump as a convicted felon and to have that hanging over its his head. But it's not having the impact they thought. In fact, convicted felon was trending on social media with all the Trump backers saying I'm voting for a convicted felon. Proudly, oh, proum McSwain, thank you for your time. Tonight, nager Minister Chris Bowen is tweeting like a petulant teenager.
Speaker 2: Today he tweeted this.
Speaker 3: It has been six hundred and seventy one day since Peter Dutton first said the L ANDP would go down the path of risky reactors. Six hundred and seventy one days.
Speaker 2: Still no detail.
Speaker 3: Now in itself wouldn't be so bad, except yesterday he tweeted the same thing. Only well, six hundred and seventy days, and he tweeted the same thing.
Speaker 2: The day before. In the day before you get.
Speaker 3: The idea, he has a counterp happening. I told you it was adolescent joining me now as esteemed geologist Professor Ian Plymer.
Speaker 2: In between these tweets, Professor.
Speaker 3: Chris Bowen has also announced that his government is funding low interest loans to help Australians get solar panels and batteries. This is more market manipulation. Someone is making money out of this, surely in but I do worry about the amount of market manipulation we are seeing in the renewable market.
Speaker 10: Well, Chris Bowen is a Liberal Party asset. I just maybe keep tweeting and tweeting and tweeting because that shows what he's really about. In terms of loans. That's a youphul mession for we have totally stuffed up. The average consumer is bleeding, and we have to show that we are concerned. Now, his party once was concerned about the little man, was once concerned about the worker.
Speaker 2: But not now, No, absolutely not now.
Speaker 3: President Joe Biden has recently been praising Kenya's incredible renewable energy supply.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look.
Speaker 11: Ninety percent of Kenya's electricity comes from clean energy. As far as it apply, over one million homes are powered by one energy a loan. That's where as applause too.
Speaker 3: Well, gee, that sounds wonderful, but he left out a few things there in didn't he doesn't Kenya have fairly frequent blackouts and needing backup energy sources to add to the greed.
Speaker 2: Is that really something we want to emulate.
Speaker 10: Well, I left out a lot of things. Most Tenyu's electricity comes from geothermal and from hydro and when they're running short of power they get it in from neighbors like Uganda and Ethiopia. And Kenya is a very very poor country and they now are getting a loan of sixty five million and a grant of five million to go towards net zero. Now you cannot do that with a poor country. This is a country that lives off agric culture, and agriculture needs fertilizers. You cannot make fertilizers with net zero. They also have food insecurity, they have nutritional problems, They have a massive amount of preventable disease. They are in debt which is sixty eight percent of their GDP. They're overpopulated. They have a high fertility rate, yet they have a low longevity, and that longevity is about sixty four point six compared with the global averages seventy one point seven. And anyone in Australia can expect to live twenty years longer than any keenion. So this is the end result of green policies pushed by Western elites. They kill economies.
Speaker 7: The only way that.
Speaker 10: The sixty five million can be paid back is for keen to get further in debt, and they are already in big debt. They have to have money to purchase electricity from the neighbors you gander an ethyapaier. They have to have hard current. They don't have significant cold deposits. They don't have significant old oil deposits. They are dependent upon energy which is cheap and reliable, and that is not renewables. That is perhaps geothermal and perhaps hydra But the problem in today's world is that with a copper price so high, this means that in a poor country people steal the copper wiring to be able to sell it to get food. You cannot impose Western net zero onto poor countries. And this is green murder, which is at top which is a title of one of my books. These policies kill people, and he should be better advised that he shouldn't be interfering with the energy policies of a strangling poor country and end up killing people and increasing poverty. So this to me is the window into green policy. They do not care about people. They do not care about having low longevity, They do not care about killing people. All they care about is being an unelected elite with power over you and everyone else.
Speaker 3: Well, this green scheme is nothing new. There's a vintage clip that is doing the rounds again, Professor, featuring former Vice President Al Gore. This is when he was only thirty four years old. He was already in politics and making green predictions about what was going to happen in the near future. The CBS report from nineteen eighty two predicted widespread disruption of agriculture and twenty five percent of Florida ending up underwater due to the burning of coal and oil, Professor, No matter how catastrophically wrong these dooms sayers are, they keep getting a platform, keep setting the agenda, keep making the policies. That's more than thirty years ago, and there seems to be no accountability whatsoever for these predictions that are never eventuated, never even come close to eventuating.
Speaker 10: Well, this is perfect for Gore. He's become a climate multi billionaire. He's made a fortune out of frightening people witness and he also owns water side property. He lives in one so if he was really serious, you're going to live on the mountains. He's not, So he's the leader of the green scam. He looked very young and useful in that clip. He's now a little bit older and a multi billionaire. He can have a face if he can do anything. Because he has been scaring the world for decades. People have bought the cool aid and people are struggling. Perhaps you to Gore, So he's like shaming in the other people predicting the end of the world. And I suggest that when they come and knock on your door and tell you you've got to live a poor life and you've got to give up your life to save the planet, I think you sew the dog under them because for two thousand years people have been predicting the end of the world and they never got it right. So why should Gore be right? And history has shown in the forty odd years since that clip, history has shown that those people who cry wolf, who try to scare us witness always get it wrong.
Speaker 3: And he has been richly rewarded as as you mentioned, even what an Oscar for the scare mongering. So it's been very good deed in climate he was acting thank you for your time. Still to come a bumper edition of Lefty's Losing It and Alex Stein will bring us the latest from.
Speaker 2: The US.
Speaker 3: Welcome back. Now it's time for Lefties losing it. And you think there was enough weapon grade crazy on the View from the miserable Wackadoodle hosts, But no, the ladies of the View are keen to prove that misery loves.
Speaker 2: Company, and they invite other.
Speaker 3: Lefties to lose it on their program, including the first lady.
Speaker 12: Can you imagine if we put any more Republicans on the Supreme Court? No, if we will lose all of our rights.
Speaker 2: Not hysterical at all.
Speaker 3: We will lose all our rights still will we are what We're going to lose. Our free speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, all gone, because we know how much Republicans hate freedom.
Speaker 2: But brace yourself. The gas lighting and projection is about to be turned up to atomic levels.
Speaker 4: There have been people that have thought President Biden shouldn't even debate President Trump just due to the fact that he Donald trumple gaslight he overtoks there are no guardrails so stalks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I happen.
Speaker 4: To believe it's really important more than ever to have a debate with guardrails. What is the strategy that the president has going into this?
Speaker 2: Any tips you'd have.
Speaker 4: For a debate that we could pull off where we could actually hear our candidates.
Speaker 12: You know, they built that in where they're going to turn off those mics so that somebody can't ramble or scream at somebody, you know, not that my husband would be the one doing that, And so that's already been negotiated, and you know, I think, but I think that American people deserve a debate because you need to see your choices.
Speaker 13: You need to.
Speaker 12: See Trump, and you need to see the president and you need to see the differences and my husband's and you're going to see how smart he is and the experience he has. And then you'll see somebody who, like you're saying, I'm going to use Joey's words, can't put a sentence together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the President Trump that can't put a sentence together.
Speaker 2: Note this, blankeh.
Speaker 11: Anyway, the best way to get something done if you if you hold near and dear to you that you like to be able to.
Speaker 14: Anyway.
Speaker 11: From from Charlotte assumed me from Charlotte one another and joan shng gang SHV my passway Shangha fifty times one hundred and fifty nine billion dollars.
Speaker 7: Let the idea that.
Speaker 11: Los Angeles and uh and uh what am I doing here?
Speaker 3: Yeses, doctor Jill, it's Trump who can't put a sentence together.
Speaker 2: You said you were quoting Joy Beja with that comment.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't care how desperate you are for material. Why would anyone quote the thoroughly kooky and miserable Joy. But I'm glad to report she did have a rare moment of joy when she heard Trump was convicted.
Speaker 1: Well, my reaction was I was at cast of buying, you know, ten buckses of curing coffee, and my wife started to buzz and I got so excited I started leaking at it.
Speaker 2: You gross.
Speaker 3: That is a lefty losing it now to a comic that is about as funny as an ingrown toenail.
Speaker 2: Here is Nina Carufe Israel. I had to get that off my chest.
Speaker 6: The rage just builds up and I just have to learn it now every couple of hours.
Speaker 9: What did you say?
Speaker 15: He's real?
Speaker 3: Remember when stand up comics were funny, when they were more interested in getting laughs rather than applause for some daft political point. I guess a woman in a hijab and stilettos is a little bit funny. Not exactly sure how that he's consistent with modesty culture, not the modesty culture that was forced on me and he ran anyway, Now, anyway, I regret to inform you I have more of Nina's champagne comedy. My biggest fear is that I find a guy who fall in love and we get married, and he finally sees me.
Speaker 2: Without making jab right, and then the first time see without it, he's like disappointed us. He's like, that's what you've been covering.
Speaker 3: Now that we've seen a number of lefty women humiliate themselves, let's find a sane, rational, highly intelligent woman who umiliate a lefty man. Here is Megan Kelly and a confused Dan Abral.
Speaker 16: There's wrongdoing here, right, There was definitely wrongdoing. Whether it should have been a crime as a separate.
Speaker 7: What's the wrongdoing? What's the wrongdoing?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 16: Number one, it's paying one hundred and thirty thousand dollars to a porn star to keep her quiet. That's to try to protect your campaign. Can we at least agree that's wrong, that's not illegal. No, No, I just said moral versus lee wrong.
Speaker 2: Are we talking moral?
Speaker 16: I made it clear, I'm priest. I'm making it clear for a minute. I'm talking about morality versus legality.
Speaker 7: Right, there's no doubt that he engaged in right, I'll tell here's my response to that.
Speaker 13: And I said this on my show the other day. I don't know what kind of weird marriage these two have, same as I didn't know what kind of weird marriage Billet and Hillary Clinton had, So I don't know what their covenant is in terms of what he's allowed to do on the outside of his mega.
Speaker 7: I don't mind the same.
Speaker 3: He doesn't mind the six That was about the most sensible thing he said. What does Megan Kelly schools this clan.
Speaker 2: By the end of it, you may even feel a little bit sorry for you.
Speaker 16: Are now crossing the line into legal products.
Speaker 13: Right, aren't That's no, absolutely not right, incorrect at every level.
Speaker 16: Again, no matter what it's for, right, even if it's illegal conduct, you can just put it it's an legal expense.
Speaker 7: Right, This wasn't This wasn't illegal.
Speaker 13: There's nothing illegal about paying hush money for an NDA it's done.
Speaker 16: There's not when you're doing it to protect your campaign.
Speaker 7: It is. That's the difference.
Speaker 17: What law?
Speaker 2: What law are you citing?
Speaker 7: Dan Camp and finance laws you're not allowed to do. You don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: What you're wrong.
Speaker 7: Explain to me, tell me what I'm going to say. You're spending thirty.
Speaker 13: I get because you're saying that there are limits to the campaign contribution somebody could make, and this is exceeded them, and then they hit it. I understand that's his theory. However, this has been wrong from the start. It does not amount to a campaign contribution if it is the kind of payment that could ever be made side of the standard.
Speaker 16: The standard is substantiality. It's not substantial yesterday wrong.
Speaker 13: Okay, I guess we're Supreme Court president on this.
Speaker 3: She's citing Supreme Court precedent. His most compelling argument is, let's agree to disagree.
Speaker 2: If this was a genuine crime, they wouldn't have to.
Speaker 3: Manufacture laws, revive misdemeanors past the statute of limitations or to get Trump now. Just a couple of days after his conviction on trumped up charges, President Donald Trump was in New Jersey for UFC three h two. Let's have a look at how he entered the arena forty one.
Speaker 18: Then I should end UFC CEO Jada Way Donald Trump. There's in the building and a bought a president. In an extending ovation from the assembled masses, there are real two.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine the reception of Joe Biden would have gone? And I really should have given a trigger warning to any lefties watching.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but there's more.
Speaker 18: Lewis also in the build Gerald, President Donald.
Speaker 3: That's New Jersey, by the way, a strong Democrat state, a state that has voted for the Democratic candidate in every presidential election since nineteen ninety two. But yesterday they were chanting f Joe Biden and we want Trump. And the UFC fighters were also keen to acknowledge Trump. Here is middleweight Sean Strickland right after his win.
Speaker 15: President Trump, you're the man rowing to the damn traves.
Speaker 8: Do what they're doing new.
Speaker 15: I'll be donating you.
Speaker 8: My man, Let get one.
Speaker 3: And here is Kevin Holland running to Trump right after his first round win.
Speaker 18: Didn't stop the fight, did sting? Whether it's a pujo? Yeah, submission leading you he's not broken.
Speaker 7: Is he protesting?
Speaker 10: But his own broke?
Speaker 7: It's all broken. He's some solid of stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's limp.
Speaker 15: It's limp by his side, even though he's pro Josey, he's only picking the other nut.
Speaker 3: And even the goat who Beeve new Gemmetov I can never say his name. Arguably the greatest fighter of all time, never lost a fight, the longest reigning UFC lightweight champion ever.
Speaker 2: He was backing Trump. That was a surprise for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is the host of Prime Time with Alex Stein on Blaze TV. The encouragible text on himself Alex Stein, Alex, what do you make of what happened yesterday?
Speaker 2: Did you think Trump would get a reception like.
Speaker 3: That in New Jersey two days after being declared a convicted felon?
Speaker 14: Well, Donald Trump doesn't look like a prisoner. He looks like the warden walking around there, just you know, totally like a boss. You'll be in a pampin a blamp, and I know what that's all about.
Speaker 7: But you know, it's sad.
Speaker 14: It's like, it's not surprising that people in New Jersey, you know, love him because you know he just had a rally. I think there are seventy thousand people, and that might be a low estimation. But listen, the only people that are going to vote for Joe Biden are probably illegal immigrants and dead people. But could there's enough dead people that they still might be able to figure out a way for Joe Biden to win. But America wants Donald Trump. America needs Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Well, the polls after this conviction, and there has already been a few poles and I saw one from the Swing states, they're still showing he is well in front in some of the polls.
Speaker 2: He's strengthened his position.
Speaker 3: So is there just this distain for what happened in Manhattan?
Speaker 2: Many Americans aware.
Speaker 3: That these chargers really were created to get Trump there there was no real basis to them.
Speaker 14: Well, of course, Riada. I mean, New York has a terrible bail reform or criminals that have done violent crimes get out of jail within twenty four hours, So I mean, I think it's You could probably argue that Donald Trump is the first person to get convicted of a crime in New York City in twenty twenty four And I know that sounds like I'm joking, but seriously, they don't commit, they don't convict any of these criminals, and they all let him out on the street. But they want to throw Donald Trump in jail. So and Donald Trump said He's not afraid to go to jail. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in there as a secret service. He gets out in a month, and he's going to be a hero.
Speaker 3: If they actually put him in jail or even home detention. I think those record amounts of donations we saw, the voter turnout is going to be nothing like they've seen before because it's one thing to persecute and prosecute him, but to actually, I don't know, even home detention, I think would be aligned that if they cross, is going to have all sorts of unintended consequences for them, well unintended in their eyes. Now, after Donald Trump's conviction, Joe Biden tweeted this.
Speaker 2: He said, no one is above the law.
Speaker 3: I guess unless you're a member of the Biden family, or the Clinton family, or perhaps Barack Obama. There are a few exceptions to that rule. Joe's some the crackaddled whore enthusiast hunter Biden is going to trial this week for felony gun chargers. That's an actual crime, Alex, not one that they manufactured just to target him. Hunter is pleading not guilty to all three counts relating to owning a firearm while using drugs. How is this case been reported in the US. Is there much coverage of.
Speaker 7: US There's not much coverage at all.
Speaker 14: And they would basically call it Russian disinformation, just like the fifty two FBI agents that said the laptop was Russian misinformation. But let's be real, I wouldn't be surprised if they convict him, he gets a guilty pleay, and then his dad immediately pardons him. So you know, we have a two tier justice system. Hunter Biden is never going to go to jail yet Donald Trump will. So it's just an unfair, corrupt system. And I think people are starting to wake up to it. You know, during the pandemic, people were waking up to it, But now they're really really really starting to understand, or at least I hope they're starting to understand how crazy things are.
Speaker 3: Well, there was some polling before this Manhattan trial that showed trust in the justice system was at called lows, and I'd love to see some polling on that question now because it would have to be even lower.
Speaker 2: What are you doing out, Oh no, you've got kitty cat. That's a new cat. That's a calico tortoiseshell.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is a.
Speaker 14: Crazy Well did you know the Japanese Navy would always have a calico cat on their battleships for good luck? So yes, this cat's bring me good luck. And Donald Trump's going to win the presidency in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: I did not know that I also have a calico cat called Crayon. So just information that nobody asked for. Now, broadcasters including Megan Kelly and Mark Levine have They've been among pundits who say that the Republicans have got to play the Democrats at their own game. They cannot take the high road, they cannot take this principal stand that we're not going to sink to their level. If the Democrats are going to use law fare, the Republicans should do it as well and target the likes of Biden and Clinton and Blincoln. What do you say to that, Alex Should the Republicans use those same tactics, because right now there's not much of a disincentive for the Democrats to stop what they're doing.
Speaker 2: It's working for them.
Speaker 14: Well, Rita, you're one hundred percent correct that they you know, it sounds retaliatory to be like that, but Donald Trump said that he was going to throw Hillary Clinton in jail. She deleted thirty three thousand emails, you know, you know, demolished your servers while we're on those servers classified information. And he didn't go after her. And I think that was a fatal error because you know, he tries to be a gentleman. He tries to play by the rules, but the Left doesn't play by the rules. And when the game's rigged, the only way to win is to, I guess cheat back. And I'm not saying it's cheating to throw a criminal in jail, but I guess you have to play their games if you're going to want to try to win the game.
Speaker 3: I think it's exactly the same with cancel culture. They only stop when it comes for them as well. Well, So as long as it's just affecting their ideological opponents, they're not going to stop. So I think Meghan Kelly is absolutely on the money on this one. Alex Stein Thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 14: Always a pleasure. Rida tell Creon I said hello.
Speaker 2: Still to come.
Speaker 3: Caitlin Clark under attack for white privilege.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, a woke Romeo and Juliet.
Speaker 3: Production is slammed as being an insult to Shakespeare. You're watching the Rita Penny Show. Will be joined by Kinsey Schofield in a second. But first, don't I have an exciting opportunity for you.
Speaker 2: It's the opportunity to ask me anything. Yes, you better believe it.
Speaker 3: You can ask me those questions you have always wanted to know. You'll also have the chance to ask any of your Sky News hosts anything you like as part of a video series.
Speaker 2: On the Sky News Australia App.
Speaker 3: Send your questions through to Ask Me Anything at skynews dot com dot Au and Ask Me Anything is available exclusively for supporters of Sky News Australia with a five dollars monthly subscription to our app. If you don't have the app already, get it it is.
Speaker 2: Well worth it.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Royal and Entertainment Report at Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey, Let's start with the WNBA words. You won't hear me saying too often. But star Caitlin Clark, who's only twenty two, is getting people interested in the WNBA in and a massive way. Her performance is breaking viewership records, she's breaking on cored records. But her success is inviting hostility from other players.
Speaker 2: All sorts of comments are made and.
Speaker 3: Here on court a bitch and she cops what we call in Ossie rules a hip and shoulder.
Speaker 15: And Clark, I mean that's clear and all which was called. The question is will they call it unnecessary Kennedy Carter.
Speaker 3: But it's not just other players who are hating on Clark, some in the media claiming her success is because of her race and because she's straight.
Speaker 4: There is a thing called pretty privilege.
Speaker 2: There is a thing called white privilege. There is a thing.
Speaker 4: Called tall privilege, and we have to acknowledge that.
Speaker 13: And so the part of it is about race.
Speaker 3: Kinsey, can you believe the hostility this girl is facing for the crime of getting people interested in the WNBA. You'd think the players in particular would be grateful.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, I think Kennedy Carter just proved that she's as trashy as her mama spelled her name. And to dramatically recreate Charles Barkley's rant y'all petty? He said, you women out there, y'all petty man. He said, these girls are hating on Haitlyn Clark. They should be thanking her for getting them on private charters, all the money and visibility she's bringing to the w NBA. What she's accomplished, she said, give her her flowers.
Speaker 2: And stop being petty.
Speaker 17: And he even thanked her for bringing all of this new money and shine to the WNBA, something that you and I would never be talking about typically.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely now.
Speaker 3: Comedian Jerry Seinfeld had an interesting interview recently where he called out the pro Palestinian protesters or trying to cancel these comedy shows. And he also can say ask for a return to traditional masculinity, especially in public figures.
Speaker 19: Have a listen in that era again, it was JFK, it was Muhammad Ali, it was Sean Connery, Howard Gosell. You can go all the way down there. That's a real man. I'm going to I want to be like that someday. Well, no, I never really grew up. It's that's a I mean, you don't want to as a comedian because it's a childish pursuit, but I miss a dominant masculinity. Yeah, I get the toxic but still I like a real man.
Speaker 2: He likes to say real men, the return of real men. I think he would have a lot of support, and not just amongst men.
Speaker 17: I agree with you, and it's nice to see someone that had that's achieved as much as he has be so level headed about it all. You know, there's an element of courage there because a lot of people are so fearful of being canceled today a special I mean, especially about this topic, to be a strong masculine man. I mean typically that people are scolded for that. So the fact that he's brief enough to say it's okay, and look at some of these heroes of the past, you know, there were wonderful people. I think that that takes a lot of courage.
Speaker 3: Now, the bitter breakup of Hollywood heavyweights Brad Pitt and Angela Jolie, it's taking another ugly turn. The kids seemed to be in open rebellion against their father. Fifteen year old Vivian is the latest child to drop Pitt from her jolly pit last name in a playbill for her new musical. Eldest daughter, Zahara told classmates at in college that she too was just Jolie. There was no pit in her name. And Shiloh has gone one step further. On her eighteenth birthday, she filed paperwork to drop Pitt from her name. Legally, that's telling kin Z to do that as soon as you turn eighteen and legally able to do so.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and we don't hear a lot from Brad's camp. He seems to be tight lipped and keeps his circle small.
Speaker 2: A lot more.
Speaker 17: Leaks from Angelina's squad, but we do hear that Brad is heartbroken over this. Shiloh going as far as having it legally changed is apparently really hurtful to Brad Pitt. Obviously, there's still a lot of animosity when it comes to this family separation. Angelina alleges that there was physical and mental abuse and abuse of alcohol throughout the process. But you know, you can't help but think about I mean, just it looks dysfunctional. Unfortunately, it makes them all look like is there ever any peace here? Because they're constantly in the headlines for the most negative topics.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, it has ended very badly.
Speaker 3: Indeed, now Spider Man star Spider Man star Tom Holland is starring in what The New York Post is calling a woeful production of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet on the West End.
Speaker 2: Here is the review. I love this part.
Speaker 3: They said, the stripped down Shakespeare's show is a dreary and pretentious slog that's about as passionate as an economics lecture.
Speaker 2: Another considered opinion was no.
Speaker 3: Attention is paid to either the text or the author's original intentions, merely flashy look at me staging and also like this one two and a half hours of my life that I will never get back. But it did give me time to mentally redecorate my home. But because of Tom Holland's star power, the place three month run is voice completely sold out, So it's sold out before anybody even saw it, So I guess the reviews don't matter.
Speaker 17: I mean, and if you are able to get a ticket, they're at least four hundred dollars a pop. My favorite line from that review was, if you want to go gack at a celebrity, be my guest, but ambient is cheaper. I think Tom Holland is a big enough star he's got so many people that just absolutely adore him. That sitting in that theater, even for two and a half hours, being so close to him, I think they're going to appreciate it. But hopefully he pursues something much different in the future.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he's going to do another play. That could be a rumor.
Speaker 3: Before you go, I've got to ask you about John Lennon's son, Sean on o'lennon. He's finished reading Prince Harry's memoirs Spare and he tweeted a review.
Speaker 2: Of his own.
Speaker 3: It wasn't long, it was just spare me, that was his response.
Speaker 2: I quite like that. Sean is a really interesting character.
Speaker 3: He's becoming quite a commentator.
Speaker 2: On all sorts of issues on social media.
Speaker 19: Well.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and when there was some pushback, he came back at people like he was going back and forth fighting for his opinion, and he said he did have empathy over Harry's loss because he lost a parent touty young age. But he said that's why he was so disappointed with his outlook. He was hoping he'd be smart, smarter, and he called Harry an idiot and a buffoon. So he just earned a Twitter follower in.
Speaker 3: Me, Kid cisco Field, thank you for your time this evening, and that's it from May up.
Speaker 2: Next is news not. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Good night,