Speaker 1: Welcome, wait to play well, it's great to have your company.
Speaker 2: I'm James macpherson with Liz Staer and Joe Hildebrand coming up tonight. A pro Palestinian protester takes his message to a NASCAR event, talk about the wrong crowd.
Speaker 1: We'll show you what happens a little later.
Speaker 2: Plus, when we look at the papers, New South Wales to ban retail trading on Anzac Day and new data reveals twenty percent of Queenslanders have switched to interest only mortgages. We'll get to all of that soon, but first, the Prime Minister today appointed a Special Envoy for Anti Semitism, saying that nine months of anti Semitism is enough. Think of how the Jewish community must feel. Jewish lawyer and businesswoman Gillian Sigal will take on the three year appointment. His Anthony Albanezi making the announcement today, I.
Speaker 3: Have spoken with members of the Jewish community who have not felt safe members of the Jewish community. His children are worried about wearing their school uniform in our capital cities. That's not acceptable. We're not having enough discourse in Australia which is civil and the sort of slogans which are used, have caused great damage and often come from a position of ignorance.
Speaker 2: Well, Liz, you can accuse this government of a lot of things, but you can't accuse them of being on time. Anti Semitism has been rife since October seven, which begs the question, why is Anthony Albanezi suddenly woke up to the issue now?
Speaker 4: This is just such a cheap pr move by the Albanesi government that which he's talking about has been I would argue, aided and are bettered by his government. That is the most vocal members of the Albanzi government who have shown themselves to be more than complicit in pushing the pro Palestine argument, most notably our Foreign Minister Pennywong. He's done absolutely nothing, and the Jewish community, along with the rest of us here in Australia, still have absolutely no answers as to why we have not seen any strong police pushback even when it was called for. Why the laws that we already have in place regarding racism, discrimination, hate speech, not one of them has come into play. Nobody's been prosecuted, much less properly charged and convicted for the crimes that we've seen on our own streets perpetrated toward Jewish Australians. Why none of those have come into play. So obviously good move, smart move by the Albanese government, but very much wanting nine months on when there's been pretty much outright silence. And also this isn't so reassuring when in the same breath he's promised and envoy for Islamophobia. Yeah, it's like you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. You're still straddling the fence. You're still not coming out with anything strong, comprehensive and conviction laden that Jewish Australians can point to and say, actually, our Prime minister is on side, he does feel our suffering and he's actually making a genuine stand for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did note that, Joe, that he made that announcement and then he couldn't help himself but say, and in due course we will be appointing a specially in well or Islamophobia as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, I mean I suppose it does get a little bit tie and when you know it's coming and you're just sort of waiting for it. But having said that, he has prioritized this, this is the one he has announced first and that's significant. Obviously, this is not something he has done by accident. I think it's something that's taken a lot of political courage to do. Let's not forget that he's made this announcement just days after it's become clear that a movement called Muslim Vote is going to target some of Labour's most senior MPs in some of its safest seats, even though he's come out and said that anti Semitism is going to be our first priority.
Speaker 1: I agree with you it's taking political courage.
Speaker 2: But isn't that the devastating thing here that it requires political courage to come out and take a stand on something so basic as ensuring the safety of a part of the community who've done nothing to deserve the intimidation. Of course not, but it's political courage rather than just do the right.
Speaker 6: When you're doing something with political courage, you are doing the right thing. You are not doing it. It's what I'm saying is it's not politically convenient for him. In fact, it could politically hurt him. Well, job, do the right thing, and that's what he's done. That's what I'm saying. That's exactly what I'm saying he's already months ago he said that from the he was way out ahead of a lot of people, certainly everyone on the sort of crazy left and some of even his coll legues when he came out and said no, from the River to the Sea is not just a benign chant. It's a call for genocide or the eradication of the state of Israel. Again, he can't be seen to just be taking one side over the other. It is a difficult path for him to tread. He has to be seen to be treating both sides fairly. But again, the fact that he came out so strongly about from the River to the Sea, which was on the front page of the Daily Telegraph, and good on the Telly and good on Albow for coming to crips and agreeing with each other. And then you've got him coming out and announcing an anti Semitism envoy. I'm not aware of this position existing anywhere else in Australian political history or anywhere else previously in the world. He's come out and done this. He's done it against what would be the sheer political convenience of it, the sheer political maths in terms of the number of Jewish voters versus Muslim voters, and in the face of an openly hostile threat to some of his safest seats. So I think, you know, you've got to give him credit for it. He's come out and done it, and to just say, oh, well, now it's just too little, too light, because do you think this.
Speaker 4: Is because that they've realized that they're months and months of shilling for Muslim votes in Western Sydney, now that there is a Muslim themselves running and I believe the ground as an independent, as an independent yep putting their hand up and saying well, actually, if you want someone to represent the Muslim community, no one's better than me. Probably has a good point there, And Labour's realized, Okay, all of that is now laid Adam or no, no, this fellow who's now running as an independent in Western Sydney. So Labor realizes all the shilling for votes that we've done by either keeping Mum or allowing some of our even front benches to be overtly pro Palestinian, all of that is laid to waste because this guy's now put his hand up and no Muslim or someone who's Propealestinian and is feeling disenfranchised right now, he's going to vote for any labor member over one of their own. Do you think that now that they've realized okay, all of that is going to waste, we might as well now start playing the other side and being like, okay, well here's an anti Semitic envoy, and not at all.
Speaker 6: I mean, the last thing you would do if someone was coming after you on the back of a supposed Muslim vote out there, the last thing you do is a point of former President of the Executive Council of Australian Jury as an anti Semitic envoy. It's the it's the that would be no, but.
Speaker 4: You would if those seats are lost to us now is not giving up on those seats.
Speaker 2: The other question, what is, what is Jillian Siegel going to advise Anthony Albanezi that he wouldn't have Andrew.
Speaker 6: Giles as well as.
Speaker 1: He could.
Speaker 6: I think he could.
Speaker 2: But I mean, what's she going to say, prossecute hate crimes, don't allow incitement.
Speaker 1: To buy, use the laws that we already had again synagogues.
Speaker 6: I think with you know, with things like for example, you know, when it comes to ongoing debate about you know, banning groups like his book career as well. And also again we've had this conversation so many times that the problem is, and this is why it's so important that Anthony Alberaneze came out to define what a phrase like from the River to the Sea actually means. Because people are chanting this, they're saying, hey, but I'm not saying kill Jews or hurt Jews or you know, and I'm just saying from the river to sea, I'm just channing a nice little nursery.
Speaker 5: Ryan.
Speaker 6: And so when he gets on the front foot and says, no, when you say this, you are calling for the eradication of the Jewish stuffy.
Speaker 4: It was very late in the game.
Speaker 6: Yes, he did well, he's come to it anyway, and he's done it now. And in politics, you know often you know better late than never is the best result you're going to get. But I think he's done something that's clearly good. I think you should be commended for it. I wasn't aware of anyone even calling for this before he announced for it, so I think he's actually gotten ahead of this. Well, he's certainly gotten ahead of this issue in terms of how he's decided to handle it. He's handled someone with immaculate experience and impeccable credentials in this area.
Speaker 2: One more observation is this another case of Anthony Albanezi not wanting to take a strong stand himself, and he's got a habit of this, so he defers to an advisor committee of board. I'm just taking a device and that way he can be a little bit hands off any big statement.
Speaker 6: But again, Anthony Albertez, he still can't get into his electorate office because it is being besieged by crazy trots and pro Palestinian activists who are accusing him of genocide, like he has taken us down. And again he came out in you know, contradiction to some of his own colleagues much love colleagues and colleagues who are fantastic people, and you usually think it was the other way around, and said, no, that's wrong. From the river to the sea, it's not a benign statement. It is a call for the extermination of the Jewish state. So he has actually done these things, and he's done them to no political advantage himself. I mean, there are no like to put to put it really really bluntly there's maybe one seat, which is Josh Burns's seat of McNamara, where Jewish votes would help Labor get elected. I can't think of a single other seat in Australia where Jewish votes would help a Labor MP win or retain a seat at No, it's not. That's what that is the whole point. That is what I'm saying. That's right, and that's what he's doing. That's what I'm saying. There is no advantage, there's no political advantage in him doing this.
Speaker 2: Let me disagree with that Jewish votes. Mainstream Australians are just jack of this. So absolutely votes which will which may come on board, because that's right, Australia are pretty ticked off with.
Speaker 6: Absolutely nonetheless make it, nonetheless make it more difficult in all these seats in southwestern and Western Sydney which are being deliberately and openly target by single issue Muslim votes. The clues in the name pro Palestinian candidates. And faced with this threat that has emerged just days barely a week ago, he's come out and said no, not that we're going to be even stronger pro Palestinian from the river to the sea. Oh, we better hold on to these seats. He's come out and said, no, I'm sticking to my guns. We're going to confront anti Semitism in this country, and we've got to do it by pointing extremely high profile Jewish community leader to root it out and stamp it out.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know about I don't know about sticking to his guns. I think we're all very surprised to discover he has those guns at all. I stand by what I said. I think this is a brilliant pr move by Alban Easy and well he knows it. But let's take a moment to hear from Dillian Sigal herself. She is a very experienced lawyer, she's a chancellor at uns W and she actually has a litany of accomplishments. I couldn't list them off here because it's a short show. But here she is saying a little bit today.
Speaker 7: Anti Semitism erodes all that is good and healthy in a society as such, it poses a threat not just to the Jewish community, but to our entire nation.
Speaker 4: Indeed, well said, I don't think there's much to add to that. I mean, that was just a little bit of what she said today. But brilliantly said it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm I'm obsessed by and again you know, I've been ready a book about Stalingrad, of all things. It is incredible how specific anti Semitism is as a particular racial obsession, and all the sort of crazy eyealogus to go along with it. But anyway, if you thought that Albanesi government was a plane crash, that I would ever agree. I would say it's flying high and soaring to ever new heights. But anyway, Boeing, this is an amazing story that Liz, you have been all over like a cheap suit. Boeing has agreed to plead guilty in its seven three seven Max criminal case. You remember, these planes were falling out of the sky. Boeing has now acknowledged that it wasn't exactly frank and fearless in forthcoming all the airlines safety credentials and whether it met all the necessary safety regulations. And we've got a grab of the CEO of Boeing apologizing last month to the families of people who diet.
Speaker 1: Have a listen.
Speaker 8: I would like to apologize on behalf of all of our boweling associates spread throughout the world, past and present.
Speaker 1: For your lossnse.
Speaker 8: The doage, and I apologize for the grief that we have caused, and I want you to know we aren't totally committed in their memory, the work and focus on safety for as long as long as we're employed by bonding. So again I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Now, of course, you can't put a price on the grief and the suffering that they're victims of those Boeing crashes have gone through, except you can, because the airline has been fined three hundred and thirty one million dollars a story, and that's a two hundred and forty four million US as a result of this. And again, Liz, you made the point that when you actually break it down to the number of lies lost, that's not exactly a huge amount of money, especially for a massive multinational company line.
Speaker 4: And it's very called comfort for the families of those three hundred and forty six people who died in those two crashes. And basically what the CEO Dave Calhoun just said there was shown up in the proceedings of that very case to be an absolute lie. Here's Senator Josh Hawley basically saying, you guys haven't improved your safety mechanisms and processes since those crashes of twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen. So what do you have to say to that, mister ceo?
Speaker 9: You don't recognize the bowling that has airplanes falling out of the sky, that has had two Max's crash, that has had pieces of doors out of the sky, that have had whistleblowers comb before. I've sat right where you have sat and told us. These are your employees who have told us that when these are the engineers. By the way, are you an engineer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: They are, and they have said that they're not listened to, that they're retaliated against, that they're threatened. That's the reality of Boeing today. That's your company that you have created. Now I don't recognize it either from the company it used to be decades ago, but under your leadership, that's what Boeing is, and you're being rewarded for it handsomely. Handsomely don't you think there's something wrong with that? Why haven't you resigned?
Speaker 4: Why haven't you resigned? Indeed, if that is not a fireable offense, what on earth is? And it's no small matter for Boeing to now plead guilty to this conspiratorial They call it a criminal conspiracy to defraud the US, because that is essentially what they've pleaded guilty.
Speaker 6: To try, because that didn't tell the truth to the FAA.
Speaker 4: Hang on a minute, we had a settlement over this. You guys broke the terms of that settlement. So now we're coming back and we're going to find you even more. And this is very complicated for Boeing now because to plead guilty to a conspiracy to defraud the US would normally bar them from having defense contracts. And just last year they signed an over two hundred and twenty two billion dollar deal No sorry, I'm talking in millions. It was an almost twenty three billion dollar deal with defense US Defense Department to supply them with.
Speaker 6: However, much more even just the original CROD. I just cannot get my head around how even the most cold blooded, sociopathic airline CEO could think it would be a good business decision to cut corners on safety and not be forthcome to the fai as to you know, I say, oh, yeah, yeah, which's right, Yeah, it's fine, yeah, totally fine to fly, Like wouldn't you know that the minute something like this happens, then that's it. Your reputation is absolutely shot, and we've seen so many airlines fail to recover from well.
Speaker 2: It's actually worse than that, because when these accidents originally happened in Ethiopia and then in Indonesia killing as you said, three hundred and forty six people in twenty twenty one, rather than press charges, Boeing were effectively put on a kind of probation and as long as they met safety standards and reported well and things improved, then after a number of years it would all sort of be forgotten. But in May of this year, after we had a door come off mid flight of an Alaska airline, we had a wheel come off one of their planes on a runway I think it was in Atlanta. There were numerous other issues. Then the prosecutors said, you've broken the terms of that probation. Nothing has improved, and so then they were given this sweetheart deal where rather than charge you with criminal manslaughter, we'll offer you the opportunity to plead guilty to misleading air safety regulators, which they took. You mentioned the fine that they paid two hundred and forty three million American.
Speaker 1: To put that in perspective. So that's for the death of three hundred and forty six people.
Speaker 2: Trump paid three hundred and fifty five million for manipulating his property records in order to get a bigger loan. So if you're a victim you lost a loved one on one of these flights, you would absolutely be.
Speaker 1: Irate that Boeing have been allowed to get away with it.
Speaker 4: They shouldn't have been given this sweetheartd deal where the government basically said, look, if you just plead guilty to conspiracy criminal conspiracy to defraud us, then that's okay. We'll just give you another slap on the wrist. Of course, for a company like Boeing, any sizeable fine is simply pocket change. And like you say, the people related to those whose lives were lost, this is just it is completely unbelievable. More needs to be done to pursue this. By the way, because just this year, in the earlier months of this year, two of their whistleblowers mysteriously died. One was found in his car in the middle of testifying. He was due to go back the next day and continue testifying for them. He worked for them for several decades and had said when I was there and I was trying to be a whistleblower, and I was writing emails. They'd never email me back, they or would just meet with me in person, And it was always subliminally communicated to him, stop sending these emails, stop leaving a paper trail. He was found dead in his truck in a car park. Another one passed away. Suddenly he was fit as a fiddle, friends and family say, and within two weeks he suddenly passed away. He came down with what all the mainstream meter is calling a mystery illness, and he was suddenly gone. Obviously, I don't know what these cases are, but it seems very suspicious to me, especially when those who were acting in a lawyer capacity for both those gentlemen said, well, they both made incredibly powerful enemies, ie being Boeing. So I just think for those families it should have gone to a proper criminal trial. They should have been tried for manslaughter because it was proved time and time again that it was due to their absolute negligence and lack of care for the people boarding their flights that this was ever able to have.
Speaker 6: I think it actually speaks to the difference, and I think the Trump comparison is actually a really good one. The difference between a company or an institution or an entity that is completely interwoven with the US government, with the US economy more generally. I mean, it's a huge employer. It's headquarters in Seattle is obviously just a huge, iconic kind of you know, industry leading thing that you know, half the city's been around Boeing and Microsoft, Think and Starbucks. And you also have, like you said, these multi billion dollar defense contracts, which if the government was to crack down on Boeing as hard as it had on say Donald Trump, suddenly would have to tear up all these defense contracts start start from ground zero, go with someone else. And so it is that very much that too big to fail mentality, where if you know the old you know, if you are a million the bank of million dollars, it's your problem. If you are in the bank one hundred million dollars, it's the bank's problem.
Speaker 1: Well, let's stay in the United States.
Speaker 2: You think legislation to increase penalties for people soliciting miners for prostitution would be a no brainer. I mean, no one would agree that behavior should go on If someone tries to do that, jail them for the longest time. At the moment, in California, if you solicit a miner for prostitution, it's two days jail, one year maximum, and a ten thousand dollar fine. So the Republicans want to increase the penalties to four years jail and a twenty five thousand dollars fine, And yet that is being opposed by LGBTQ activists who claim that upping the severity of fines for those who solicit minus for prostitution would disproportionately affect the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 1: Have listened to this.
Speaker 10: We are particularly concerned that the harsher penalties proposed in this bill will disproportionately impact marginalized communities, especially members of the LGBTQ community, who already suffer from systematic biases within the criminal justice system, particularly when it comes to sexually based offenses. Studies have shown that LGBTQ people, particularly gay and transgendered individuals, are more likely to be charged with sex offenses compared to their hetero sexual counterparts. For instance, LGBTQ individuals are nine times more likely to be charged with sodomy. Measures like SB fourteen fourteen lead to higher rates of incarceration, longer sentences, and increase difficulties in fighting, housing, and employment.
Speaker 2: Listen to that, and I simply could not believe what I was hearing. I mean, how does anyone make sense of an argument like that.
Speaker 4: I'm sure the LGBTQ community, I'm saying, please stop talking on our behalf. That is the opposite of standing up for them. I mean, they're literally pointing the finger at this community saying, if you are going to punish people for having sex with miners, then you're disproportionately punishing people belonging to the LGBTQ community. If that doesn't make you just absolutely incredulous. And yet here's the senator who tried to bring this bill. There were amendments passed. Her name is Senator Grove. She was trying to include sixteen and seventeen year olds in this bill because of course, obviously officially they two are miners. Well, it was a real bonfight to try and get this across line, and she wasn't quite successful. Here she is explaining, who would have thought in the state of California it would be this hard or this difficult to protect miners seventeen and below from men that purchased them for sex.
Speaker 11: Take a look at this today in the Public Safety Committee, they allowed us to charge a wobbler instead of a full felony. For those that are fifteen and below, it can be charged as a felony or a misdemeanor. But it also excluded sixteen and seventeen year olds from those provisions. The sixteen and seventeen year olds now have to prove two crimes. They were bought and sold, trafficked into the industry, and that's the only way you can go after the perpetrator who initiated this whole process by negotiating to buy them for sex in the first place. It shouldn't be that difficult.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 11: People that buy children for sex in the state of California should go to prison.
Speaker 4: It is just I'm really answer to that. It should be that straight forward. The prosecutors in California have already come out saying, well, given those are the preconditions of actually prosecuting or having a chance of prosecuting someone who's soliciting sex from the sixteen seventeen year olds, it's going to be almost impossible to prosecute You've just created too many loops for us to jump through in order to bring a case against any of the people who are committing that crime.
Speaker 1: It just beggars below.
Speaker 4: It is just even a controversial bill.
Speaker 6: It is just staggering and just a bit of pr advice to the Californian lgbt QIA plus community. Saying that banning people from paying for underage sex is going to disproportionately affect your community does not help your cause. That's that's not a good line. That's not a good hill to die on. That's not a good you know. I would just keep that out of the media real life as they.
Speaker 4: Started reeling off the stats to provide.
Speaker 6: But it got worse, does my head in man? The left does this, You wouldn't believe it. But North America appears to be a hot bed no pun intended for these sorts of weird, strange grain areas over the border. Up north in Canada also known as Australia with snow, there is a skinny dipping club which hosts naked events and they provide get this free memberships for kids under eighteen.
Speaker 4: How is this legal?
Speaker 2: I don't get I do not get them, and I do not fourteen and don't need to be companied, and.
Speaker 6: Do not need to be companied by an adult. Men are also allowed. We are told into the women's changing rooms, so just like the UK, and if they're in a couple and can walk around with I don't even want to say it on television.
Speaker 4: We found something you finally won't reach.
Speaker 6: You know those big military style cars that they you know that celebrities like Arnold Schwarzenegga drives around what's the name of them, Hummers, That's the word I was looking for.
Speaker 4: I know that anyone would get that because it basically says they can use the women's change rooms if they're in a couple and can walk around without being sexually aroused, visibly sexually aroused. So they're advertising how is this legal in Canada? Though, We're just going to create a nudist club. Basically, kids under fourteen, you don't over fourteen, sorry, you don't even have to be accompanied like kids that young would have proof of age anyway. You don't really have many forums, you don't.
Speaker 6: I think if you're combining this week what's happening in California, it could be a bit of a recipe for some un towards.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just wondering where is where is the state that should not be legal?
Speaker 2: Well, the state says that in decent exposure to someone sixteen or under is ajailable. But I suppose if you're exposing yourself to a minor who has gotten free membership of your naturalist club then somehowlists that's what they call it, the young Naturalists, then somehow you therefore exempt from being charged with indecent exposure.
Speaker 6: But I can't give consent to sexual arct. So I just what is going on in America and North America.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even sensible.
Speaker 6: Part what is going on in America.
Speaker 4: Indeed, so the Dems have today come out punching hard. President Brighton is saying, we will not support this act, this bill that the Republicans have put up, it's called the Save Act. They're trying to ensure that people who are illegally in America will not be able to vote in the coming election, and the Democrats won't have.
Speaker 6: A bar of that.
Speaker 7: Hmm.
Speaker 6: I wonder why that is.
Speaker 4: Here's a tweet from Speaker of the House Mike Johnson. He's obviously a Republican himself. He says, it should alarm every American citizen that the sitting president of the United States, who has opened our border to over nine million illegals, just announced that he would veto our bill to prevent non citizens from voting.
Speaker 1: As you know, voter ID is not required.
Speaker 4: In the States.
Speaker 6: And here's the thing.
Speaker 4: If these illegals do vote in the election, and they can do so as simply as later on, if someone's actually chasing them up about it, which is highly unlikely, they can produce as little as an electricity bill to say, well, no, I thought I was a citizen. I wasn't doing this knowingly as an illegal case dropped. It is that simple. But in the first instance, who would be prosecuting anyway? Who is going to be following up any number of votes that someone thinks might be illegitimate. So this is the fears that everyone has been saying all along. That's why you're letting these millions of people pore over the border. You're shoring up votes for the future. And the Dems were like, oh, that's ridiculous. Illegals can't vote in the election despite the fact that there's no ID required, and they know full well that the laws surrounding this are so thin you could sip tea through it. In regards to even if I catch you out and I say, hang on a minute, you're an illegal.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have voted.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is plead ignorance and you're off the hook.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you do. You have to be a citizen to register to vote, and only registered voters obviously can take part in elections. So I think this is largely an argument about what happens when you actually present at the polling booth. And it goes back to, obviously the civil rights movement and the voter registration movement of the sixties and fifties and six is where the opposite was kind of happening, where once all people were enfranchised, and black people obviously were enfranchised to vote in Southern states, they were being discouraged from doing so, or not sort of disallowed from doing so, I suppose, or very heavily discouraged from doing so by the prevailing white authorities, and that was how they managed to keep getting elected. There was very low voter tone out from Black Americans, and of course that's when you had the sort of civil rights movement and the convoys all coming down and command.
Speaker 2: Harris made that argument right that laws it's very difficult because so that's what they say, we would be able to be most likely to.
Speaker 6: Have the documents necessary, less likely to have the idea on which is such.
Speaker 1: A racist argument.
Speaker 2: But the Democrats have said it would put two big a burden on people rocking up to the voting booth with appropriate id. But the thing that made me laugh was they also argue that to demand proof of citizenship to vote would be to imply the voting.
Speaker 1: System lacks credibility.
Speaker 2: I would have thought the first point of order in safeguarding democracy, and remember the Democrats have made this election all about safeguarding democracy is to make sure that the elections are credible.
Speaker 1: So the people that are least credible in all of this obviously are the Democrats.
Speaker 4: Indeed, and before we move on, doctor Phil recently everyone who knows doctor Phil it needs no interruption, was talking to Joe Rogan recently most listened to podcast in the World about a much darker side of what they're seeing happen at the border with these illegals flooding over and the children that are also coming over with them.
Speaker 1: Here's that crap.
Speaker 5: These children that are coming in with someone that says I'm their mother and uncle or whatever, we have no way of verifying them.
Speaker 12: We do not.
Speaker 13: We used to under President Trump, we had rapid DNA testing that's been done away.
Speaker 5: Are they given money for these people that are released into the country.
Speaker 13: So it's our taxpayers that's ultimately facilitated the travel. But yes, travel is facilitated, and they are given all the necessities that they needed.
Speaker 5: But that could be a trafficker.
Speaker 13: There's a very good possibility that they're being trafficked, that they're going into the sex industry, or they're being forced into the sweatshops.
Speaker 5: And we know that, we knowingly are spending our tax dollars to sell children into sex traffic.
Speaker 4: That was doctor phil talking to the president of the National Border Patrol and he said to him, why have you not come out and said this before. And the president of the National Border Patrol said, nobody has asked me this kind of pointed questions, and hey, if it cost me my job, it costs me my job. This is what we are seeing happen on a daily basis, and nobody is saying anything. What on earth kind of reasoning would they have been given to do away with the rapid DNA testing.
Speaker 6: They can do it there.
Speaker 4: They can do it on the spot to prove know this child is a relative of mine.
Speaker 2: Well, there would have to be something wrong with your brain to allow the American border to be as it is. And it turns out America's got a president who's obviously got something.
Speaker 1: Wrong with his brain.
Speaker 2: Even in New York, Partners is reporting that a disease experts, specifically in Parkinson's disease, has been visiting the White House. In fact, one such expert visited eight times in the last eight months. Now, of course, Joe Biden denies that he has any problem. He says that he undergoes a neurological exam every day as he goes about his business as the president every day. But numbers of neurologists, none of whom have treated the President, but who have observed his behavior, all agree he is exhibiting symptoms that would be consistent with Parkinson's disease. So White House spokesperson Kareem Jean Pierre was asked about these visits to the White House.
Speaker 14: Her response, every year, around the presence physical examination, he sees a neurologist. That's three times, so that is answering that question.
Speaker 4: No, it is, it is you're asking me.
Speaker 14: I also said to you, Ed, I also said to you. For security reasons, we cannot share names.
Speaker 2: She got the most difficult job in the United States. Surely that's the toughest rong thing that I could not make any sense out of what she said about.
Speaker 6: And again she's obviously got it sort of sort of I don't know, sort of like sort of a send. She's almost got to sort of telepathically go into this phantom universe inhabited by Joe Biden's deranged understanding of the world around him, and then try to retranslate that back into the real world in a form of words that the press pat will finally accept. And of course she just can't. So she just if you listen, you can listen to all this stuff. She just ties herself up to say, you know, if you're asking me. On the twenty seventh month of August twenty twenty three, did a bird fly in a northeasterly direction down Pennsylvania Avenue at the same time that a single plumb fell from a tree in New York. I can categorically say no, and she's just making up these christ questions.
Speaker 4: I just have to believe that she laughs about her job behind closed doors, and it's just like, honestly, day after day, this job is killing me before we go, I mean, why would you question this guy's mental capacity?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 4: He is just casually yelling at some MSNBC host, being like, well, if the Dems don't want me to run, why won't they just challenge me?
Speaker 15: Come on, give me a break, come with me? Why why I'm going to show frustrated, but by the leap. Now, I'm not talking about you guys, but about the elap and the party who they know so much more with any of these days, I don't think I run against me and now for president challenge man to convention.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. You could just hear all his aides going, holy shit, we forgot about the phone in the toilet. He's on it again. He's calling. Radio hosts are looking all.
Speaker 1: This is MSNBC.
Speaker 2: I'm a bug's blaming the elites. Next you'll be saying, drain the swamp. We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers Instagram, welcome back, will a bit making news tomorrow. Let's look at what the papers are saying, Joe, You've got the Daily Telegraph.
Speaker 6: Yes, first of the greatest newspaper in the nine universe, the Daily Telegraph and the big splash mark of respect. And it's an exclusive of course. Retail trade will be banned on Ane's a Day from next year with Premier Chris Mins. Just when you couldn't love him anymore, Liz Stora movie, just stop a creeping commercialism. Opening a Day, he said, brings all Australians together. And the premiers also moved to band music vessels in April twenty fifth. We knew about that already. And he's hit out at an alban Esy government policy. See he just keeps getting better and better, doesn't he. Least this allowed public servants to swap their Anzac Day public holiday with another day. That is outrageous.
Speaker 4: Got to give him this one.
Speaker 6: I just say, your camera up anyone.
Speaker 4: Anyone who makes this move has got to have some semblance of patriotism about them. So well done, man's I hope this becomes a trend.
Speaker 1: I think all premiers should do. This means it is as the lack.
Speaker 4: Of respect, especially with this whole narrative of colonialism, and we're so ashamed, and let's tear down and graffiti war memorials. As that kind of emotive argument is made only younger generations and seems to be gaining a lot of ground. That is when our leaders need to make it very clear. No, no, this is a day of respect where we honor our fall and it's not a time to go to Westfield and have a great day having brunch and buying up big at Zimmerman. This is a day for people to reflect, to spend time with friends and family and enjoy the life that these guys died to give us.
Speaker 1: And then go to the pub and play too.
Speaker 6: That is the only authorized commercial activity getting drunk and losing your money on tour.
Speaker 2: I think currently it's there's no retail allowed until morning pm, right right, without meaning for the whole day, but it's pretty much the only day that we all agree is sacred and a.
Speaker 6: Good Friday.
Speaker 4: Or what.
Speaker 1: Frida I'm all for good Friday, I'm I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure there's universal support Friday being held as wholly whereas the whole notion agrees him.
Speaker 6: Beasley famously said some twenty five years ago, if it might have been in the nineties, So the Anzac Day was actually Australia's true national day. That was the day when we were really born. It was the forging of fire, the fire of polit league, that we were actually that we truly sort of became a nation.
Speaker 1: He would have been a good prime minister.
Speaker 6: He would be well. He is called in the labor parties known as the best prime minister. We never had another story on the front page of the Daily Tabor worth noting, by the way, how serious the Anzac Day's story is. If we can pull up the front page of the Telly again the giant splash head mark of respect. In any other context that would always be a play on words of someone called Mark. But in this case it's not just go to show on the top left hand corner. City slows to forty kilometers an hour. A clover More driven push to cut speed limits to just forty kilometers an hour around sitting has been slammed as lacking evidence and harmful to businesses, amid concerns limits could be further dropped around. I mean, why not, why just make it thirty kilometers an hour. I want to make it twenty kilometers an hour so the bicycles can overtake us. This is madness.
Speaker 2: When Clover Moore came to power five percent of in a CBD roads, we're at forty percent now.
Speaker 1: It's where forty one was an hour five.
Speaker 2: Percent when you go about now it's seventy percent. And there is a lot of concern that this is just incrementalism, and she really wants to get it down to thirty percent, and probably you'll end up only being allowed to ride a bike on one of her.
Speaker 1: Precious bike ways.
Speaker 6: Wow, I dear right.
Speaker 2: Vacant, because no one wants to be in a city where you're stuck in traffic.
Speaker 6: People just end up.
Speaker 4: Getting rid of their cars because it doesn't turn out to be the most convenient way to travel if you've got to crawl along at forty k's an hour. But I do wonder if this is just massive revenue raising as.
Speaker 6: Well, because I've been done by we're talking.
Speaker 4: About this this article named Glebe Forest Lodge. These are high residential areas. No one's tuning around them, but there are a lot of people living in apartments in those areas. This isn't the CBD we're talking about anymore. You have trade quite a ways out of that and are now making everything forty ks. Those living in those areas will be like a night man.
Speaker 2: People just residents, but business owners have said there's a lot of you know, trucks and delivery drivers that have to commute through all of those areas.
Speaker 1: This is just going to slow business step.
Speaker 6: There's a certain bloke in a blue Ford Falcon station wagon who's constantly driving through those areas well over forty degrees o k is an hour and it's just honestly, you're already stung enough. Interestingly, this will cause the people to rise up already. This is happening in Gaula, which is the first inland country town of South Australia. Some local has gone around changing all the fifty kilometer an hour speed limit signs to eighty and has even added a sign to them saying note the new speed limit changes. It was done by ah authority. So that's what's going to happen. But what would you turn forty into four?
Speaker 2: People of in a Sydney are going to rise up. Don't repaint the traffic signals. Vote clover more out of office pan front page of the Courier Mail reads revealed Ossie households in survival mode home stress fire sale. Twenty thousand Queensland families have been forced to sell their homes in distress sales in the past year, with one in five mortgage holders switching to survival mode interest only payments. And of course we've had thirteen rate rises with the RBA set to meet again in August and no one's tipping rates are going to come down, Joe. All the hot news is that it will probably go up, maybe not in August, but in the meeting after that. Twenty percent of people going to interest only mortgages because they can't afford the full repayments.
Speaker 6: There's absolutely terrifying and every time there's a new rate I almost feel it in my guts. But this story is really the one that's captured my imagination. This blues out of his depth. I thought, what's going on here? The picture lead in the Courier Mail New South Wales serial pest as that guy keeps running across the field of the Melbourne Cup. Is that the guy who keeps jumping onto the court of the Australian Open No it's Jerome Law, the Blues origin player much more serious pest. Here's the ultimate embarrassment of being rescued by a young life saver in floral budge smugglers yesterday as the cocky Blues took time out to play at a water parke. They are just spoiling for a fight, aren't they.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to look out what was.
Speaker 2: More embarrassing that he had to be saved from the surf or he was wearing the floral bungee smugglers.
Speaker 6: Well, I think that is the point that the Courier Mail is very much trying to make. You'd run the ground, wouldn't shameless tribalism that you see North Perhaps.
Speaker 4: Were there though, and captured the whole thing. You just never know who's watching. To the front page of the Australia Now Appointment, the ACU wanted to keep quiet. Well they are unsuccessful, obviously because we're reading all about it. Administrators that the Australian Catholic University authorized a secret one million payment to its new Dean of Law after she was stood down from the role three months into her tenure, in circumstances believe to be the result of her outspoken views on abortion. I think it's safe to say that she would have been against it, this being a cu no.
Speaker 1: An advocate for the problem.
Speaker 2: But she's not only been stood down from that role, she was then later reassigned another role at the university on quite a large wage.
Speaker 4: So well this was done, Willia dollars is quite a nice welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, she was paid a million dollars I believe as compensation for being removed from that role. Then she's been given another role with a pretty hefty pay rise at a time when according to The Australian, the university is reporting the financial losses of thirty.
Speaker 5: That new role.
Speaker 6: Part of that new role, incidentally is professor emeritus of not talking about abortion.
Speaker 1: Indeed, it does seem.
Speaker 6: That way, and quickly the Anten Years band aid solution. Thank you very much, anten Years great newspaper. They're obviously watching us last night and they basically said exactly what we said about the the curfew move in Alice Springs. So there you go, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break when we come back, a pro Palestinian protest and choose us the wrong audience to make his stand that's coming up in a moment.
Speaker 1: We know.
Speaker 2: There's an old adage in show business know your audience. That advice might have helped this unlucky pro Palestinian protester who chose a NASCAR event to.
Speaker 1: Make his stand. Here's what happened. But Liz like a report. It's okay. He's learned his lesson. His next protest will be at a rodeo.
Speaker 4: Not straddling very precariously a fence. Well in news that will surprise absolutely no one. Wooby Goldberg of America's much loved show The View proved once again what we already know, and that is there is absolutely no situation in which they will not vote for Biden.
Speaker 1: Have a watch.
Speaker 12: I don't care if he's cooped his pants. I don't care if he can't put a sentence together. Show me he can't do the job, and then I'll say, okay, maybe it's time to go now. He had a bad night the first time that he went out and debated with Kamila Harris, and everybody wanted him to quit there and say you can't talk to women like this, So you're doing this wrong, you're doing that wrong. He came back, said you know what, I got it and gave four years. So yeah, I have poopy days all the time, all the I stepping so much pool you can't even imagine.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: So clearly, according to Wooby Goldberg and the Ladies on the View, hooping your pants and being unable to form a sentence does that you can't do the job of Commander in chief president of the United America.
Speaker 6: This is the Left helping. Like, up until now, we all just thought Joe Biden was mened. No one had an image of him wearing an adult diaper. And now, thanks to Whoopy just freestyle and just you know a bit of word association, now everyone's got an image of Joe like dropping in his dast.
Speaker 4: And she's like, that's fine, that's normal.
Speaker 6: Like you it all the time myself.
Speaker 2: It all takes it arrangement syndrome right where you'd rather give the nuclear codes to a man with dementia than vote for Trump.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't get any more ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Dens know what's good for them. They will put somebody up. It is literally just a matter of time. Don't worry, whoopee, you will not have to vote for someone who is keeping their pants and unable to form a center.
Speaker 6: Michelle Obama, she's continent.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go now. That's it from us, but stick around. Coming up in just a moment is the readA Penny Show