Speaker 1: Getting the morning every day?
Speaker 2: Adelaides what fell for?
Speaker 1: What the fork?
Speaker 3: Okay, if you are new to our program, what the fork? Just those little things that happen each and every day and we go, what the fork is that about?
Speaker 2: You just see there and go, are you actually serious? What fell for? What the FORKI?
Speaker 3: I was born out of the fact that we discovered that news reader Abbey was stealing all the forks out at the kitchen. But that's universal across all workplaces, isn't it.
Speaker 2: There's never any forks. And then the kick for that is you go to Abbey's house and she's building her own fork fortress.
Speaker 4: I go into businesses at night, they stealthily go in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a she's a fork fairy.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about something that you do around the office that is just so alarming on so many levels.
Speaker 5: And I don't even think you're doing it.
Speaker 2: Is loving and encouraging everyone? Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: So what tend to do?
Speaker 3: If we're just sitting in a meeting or whatever, We'll look over you will just have your hand sort of halfway down the front of your short and you just like you honestly do it without thinking but you are just yourself right all.
Speaker 2: The time, I'm not making eye contact, am I.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, but it's just it's acutely uncomfortable for everyone concerned.
Speaker 2: Okay, am I right? This is good feedback, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So this is the thing, Judge, You're very lucky. You've got all these screens protecting you from Hazey. In the studio where I see it, I have a direct eye contact with Hazy or not with him side on view and what he does a lot when he's talking during any segments, if we're taking phone calls, he's normally got one hand like resting on the panels so he can do all of its little panel stuff. The other hand is resting in the top of his shorts and or jocks.
Speaker 5: And sometimes you just rub along your belly while you're talking.
Speaker 6: And also you will adjust yourself sometimes while making eye contact with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, first time, are you I don't really know can and this isn't a defense, but I don't know why I'm doing that?
Speaker 6: Okay, can you not? Do you not have your lost feeling down there? How do you not know that you're not doing it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Another issue? Have you noticed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He I have a little screen in here and there's a shot of you. It's like the camera that's on you, the camera that's on Hazy, so I can see him. You know, his hand goes missing. God knows where it is in his shorts. Now that I've learned that, And I also see you the other day you were picking a winner. Oh, you out of your nose and you went on for I reckon a good thirty second. You were just in there like you had a mission and you were just going to town on your know.
Speaker 5: Happened this morning.
Speaker 3: I was in the newsroom with Abby and I just looked through the window and you're just like knuckle.
Speaker 2: Picking winners, no losers, baby, just picking winners all up in here. So with the hands thing, I think one, particularly this time of year, it's probably a warm thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, Web then don't they sure us?
Speaker 3: Lady is a cold too, But you don't see us getting away with it?
Speaker 2: Well, could I just maybe suggest that you were looking for some extra warm Hazy.
Speaker 4: If you're judging if the blood isn't flowing to that particular region, maybe you need to go to the doctor and get that checked.
Speaker 1: I'm saying I think it's.
Speaker 2: An awkward thing just for blokes, like it's a social I don't think bokes know where to put their hands and for whatever reason as well, and.
Speaker 5: If the first place, do you know what?
Speaker 2: I think it's a maybe it's like a comfort thing. I don't really know. Well, I'm sorry that it's offending you, ladies.
Speaker 3: Let's do this this morning, thirteen twenty four Daen.
Speaker 5: What the fork? The adjusting edition.
Speaker 3: Although we're going to open it up to all sort of awkward social engagements, will take any.
Speaker 2: Because I think that's what it's all about. It's awkward. I don't know where to put the spare hand. What do you want me to do? Put it by on my back.
Speaker 5: Not down there?
Speaker 1: Well, you can't play with your hair, because that's meaning.
Speaker 2: It's very true.
Speaker 1: What the fork? What the fork?
Speaker 5: So this is what the fork? This is the adjusting addition.
Speaker 3: Basically we're talking about those awkward social encounters because you will quite often stare producer Emily in the face as you are adjusting yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't know that that's what's going on. I feel like my hands sometimes just do what they want to do.
Speaker 3: That is that across the board for men, because like if you ever tune into the rugby or sometimes the AFL, like Jordan Dawson on the.
Speaker 5: Weekend was aggressively adjusting himself as if he's being interviewed. Do you not even know that you're doing it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I always feel like when that happens, it's like just pressing a reset button or something. It's like a little power up button. Because there's there's montage just particularly rugby league players furiously fiddling during interviews, and I think in a situation like that, you just don't know where to put your hands. Yea, and now sound Guru Toddy remind us of a particular scene from Telladaga Nights. I'm not sure what to do with my hand, Biggad just hold them down by your side. Yeah, great, spot on. We don't know what to do. I don't know why the alternative is to flick that region.
Speaker 3: But here we are, thirteen twenty four ten, taking your calls this morning. Everyone who gets on here goes in the running for ten k a day in May. But it's those weird social encounters. I have one each and every week when the football is coming in and I don't know whether to give them a kiss on the cheek or.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this is the best one. So we have Joshua Shelley and Dan Houston come in regularly, and now we're sort of at that sort of space where we're.
Speaker 5: Sort of friends.
Speaker 2: Now we're kind of friends. Yeah, you don't know how to address the boys, so you go on this sort of half hard. You're trying to read the situation. The boys are trying to read the situation, and boys are not good at reading situations like this.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: So, one day and we got Dan Houston coming in just a halfter eight o'clock, I feel like, I feel like you're going to go on for a kiss. He's going to go on for a hug. Someone else in their brain's going to say you should shake hands. What's going to happen is you're going to end up kissing him on the nose, which would be so oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: It's now the awkardness is even tenfold because he's probably listening to this this morning.
Speaker 2: Texting text you so and say look, let's just shake hands when you walk in around.
Speaker 5: That is also awkward because I don't have his number. Do you have his number to give to you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I don't know his number? Do I have his number? Produce Emily has his numbers?
Speaker 5: Can you fix the situation before it unfolds? Thanks? Thanks? All right, let's go to Anita.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Anita, Good morning, Jadie, how are you good?
Speaker 5: Good? Okay? The uncomfortable social situations.
Speaker 2: Tell us okay, I do karate and then.
Speaker 7: Just one gentleman, he most WANs job to shack off up because his bottom half, his g is always touched into his under bed and it's very unbercoming.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, what's tucked into his underped swash?
Speaker 7: It's the bottom half of his We call our uniforms.
Speaker 5: G Oh, got you?
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: That's a very.
Speaker 2: Awk look at or to deal with. It's in every situation.
Speaker 5: I have to know where to look cooler.
Speaker 10: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 11: How are you please?
Speaker 5: I'm great. Please tell me about your awkward social situation.
Speaker 12: I've put a couple of good situations. The biggest one is you keep your hands in your pocket so you don't have to play with yourself.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 12: My biggest thing is that just when you see people walking around, especially guys with their flies.
Speaker 2: Underse ah, yes, hot dog vendors, you don't know.
Speaker 12: Where to look. You can't look at them because your eyes just go directly down there. Or you're coming out of the ladies toilet with the women and she's got her skirt tucked in her knickers.
Speaker 5: Yes, please tell us if that happens.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so cool.
Speaker 2: In a situation like that, do you do? You go and tap them on the shoulder, and even if it's a stranger.
Speaker 12: I actually have done it a couple of times because I was pretty embarrassed for them. I think it's easier to tap them on the shoulder rather than let them walk around with their big white underpants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the one, the fly undone is an interesting one because like when it's your partner as well, and you just really subtly trying to have baby babe without drawing attention to it by other people.
Speaker 12: See exactly, how do you do?
Speaker 7: How do you do?
Speaker 5: Dangers happened before?
Speaker 2: I'm just walking around knocking over bathes on tables.
Speaker 4: Do you when you go to the bathroom, do you when you walk out double check that you don't have paper on your feet?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel like all women do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's a lot who when you go to a pub or something and they well, I suppose I've had a few lemonades by then, but I just think, like, double check your feet as you walk out, that there's nothing on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That happened to me at the Archer once, big dirty, old bit of toilet paper stuff to the bottom of my foot and I walk through the pub.
Speaker 4: I find it so awkward, like it shouldn't be someone someone's got food and their teeth and you like to I say something, you do, yes, you do, yeah, but like if you don't know them that well.
Speaker 5: Stuff or lipstick on the teeth.
Speaker 1: I always stick on my teeth.
Speaker 5: I was great to go like that. Yeah, and you rub your teeth. Let's go to Rachelle. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 9: How are we good?
Speaker 5: Good? What's your awkward social encounter please?
Speaker 9: So with one of the girls I work with, when she gets anxious or overwhelmed at work, she starts mewing customers or just walking around.
Speaker 14: In the restaurant.
Speaker 2: She just mew wow, she asked.
Speaker 11: Straight bay, Like it's so hard to pick straight bay.
Speaker 5: True, so many questions. So she will just leip with.
Speaker 9: A meal yep, yep, yeah all the time.
Speaker 12: I'm working with her this morning, So that's today.
Speaker 14: Should be interesting.
Speaker 3: I would pay any I would pay all the money in the world to be able to hear.
Speaker 2: That I've had some.
Speaker 7: For yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh, Rachelle, that's amazing, Thank you so much, Wendy, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 5: Would awkward to encounter.
Speaker 9: So when you go to the football and you don't want to take your handbag, so you put everything you might need in your pockets, and then you go to the bar to buy you drink a court at home and as you call your out to pay, your pants on pulls on the ground.
Speaker 2: Those blokes are awkward creatures. We don't know how to handle the situation.
Speaker 3: The only way that situation could be worse, Whendy, is if you had Andrew Hayes standing behind you and he awkwardly bent down to pick it up for you.
Speaker 6: Oh my god's the worst thing.
Speaker 9: You're thinking to yourself, Do I pretend it's not mine? Or I might need that.
Speaker 2: L See that's the thing as well, and it's not an issue at all. But if if when he had left that tempon just right near the canteen, it would stay there all day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, no one's going to pick it up.
Speaker 2: You would get so many views, Yeah, from walks pass if I walks bas and hey there's a little tampon, wondering if someone's going to claim it.
Speaker 5: Where that little guy coming from?
Speaker 2: There is, little fellow.
Speaker 5: Let's go to cat.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning, good morning, Okay, tell us about it.
Speaker 14: I went to a dress up party at a nightclub called Devil's an Angel, and halfway through the night, after having a few little drinks, so I needed to go to the toilet and not realizing that the tail had.
Speaker 15: Fallen into the bowl, and as I.
Speaker 14: Walked out, I swung it around because I was in such a party, not I went everybody.
Speaker 2: Do you know what that cat? That is the definition of devilish behavior.
Speaker 5: So yeah, thank you, count. Let's go to tailor from Seaford.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning, Okay, tell us about your awkward encounter.
Speaker 16: So one time when I was in high school and I was walking to school, my skirt had risen up behind my backpack and one of the school moms had to pull over and let me know.
Speaker 3: That's not just like tucked into your nickers. That's up behind your backpack, yeap.
Speaker 16: And there was no bite shorts.
Speaker 2: So how long do you reckon? Was going on for like do you reckon?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: Was it ours before someone told you to.
Speaker 16: I walked from my house to my school and I was pretty much at the school was about half an hour.
Speaker 2: Twenty minutes, plenty of yews, plenty of views. So that's the thing when blokes get done with their flydown. So it's always like sometimes I've had my fly down and it's been like lunchtime, and I mean like, well I put my jeans on at seven am. Yeah, that's five hours of open fly.
Speaker 5: We will see it. Yeah, we're just like, yeah, thank you, good morning, Kevin.
Speaker 10: Good morning guys.
Speaker 5: How are we We're good? We're good. What's your awkward encounter?
Speaker 17: Well, I'm with Hazy straight away. Sometimes it just doesn't sit in the right spot, so you might just need to adjust it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spot on heaven. We're trying to avoid lower back issues as well, Like you get it.
Speaker 17: Oh my god, that's one hundred percent. When it doesn't sit in the right spot, it feels really uncomfortable and you just need to move it. But I have another one.
Speaker 2: I work with a lot.
Speaker 17: Of rappers and they have nothing but put it there in that spot, b Like that's their thing. Okay, But every wrapper that you see is generally touching that area, so you go, wow.
Speaker 2: Take that for sure. Is there any names that you can drop here, Kevin, some of these rappers.
Speaker 17: We'll talk like fifty cent ice Cube. Yeah, it's a big one.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Ok, there you go, there you go. Thank you very much, Kevin.
Speaker 5: Fifty cent always fiddling is.
Speaker 2: Junk, That's what it's all about. Same sentence fifty cent, I asked Cube Andrew Hayes. I sort of feel that I couldn't sit at the same table as fifty cent.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's what you're waking up to Adelaide today.
Speaker 2: What's the news today?
Speaker 1: Smooth news?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: I have noticed who say very very on the back of.
Speaker 2: Yes today, so very very really yeah, I don't believe you guys.
Speaker 4: You said it five seconds after we did that break yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that is very very concerning him.
Speaker 3: If you missed it yesterday, we had a compilation that went for nearly two minutes.
Speaker 1: If you're saying very very.
Speaker 2: Two minutes, I think it's still going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's post news news.
Speaker 3: It can be very overwhelming all the information as you're waking up and going to the gym. Heading into work, so very very overwhelming and break get down for you.
Speaker 5: I mean in the newsroom, what you got for us.
Speaker 1: We've got some very very big news today.
Speaker 4: So the Adelaide five hundred entertainment has been announced. Cold Chisel are going to be reuniting for the Adelaide five hundred this year. Essentially they're going to be going on a big tour called Big five O and it marks fifty years since the band first formed. Now this is only a few months after Jimmy Barnes was in hospital he had surgery, so he I think he is back to fighting fit.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 4: They will be joined on stage on Sunday, November seventeen by the Cruel Sea and the Super Jesus and Crowded House will do Saturday Night that We're here about two years ago to do essays Harvest Rock festivals. So some big announcements. There is more want to come as well. We're going to have a little press conference today with Adelade five hundred crew and find out.
Speaker 2: Very nice ladies and gentlemen. Seriously, how good Chisel. I love a bit of Chisel. There's a song for every taste. Jimmy Barnes, I do.
Speaker 4: Love that they formed here as well, and it's going to be the twenty fifth event, the twenty fifth event, the Races, twenty fifth event.
Speaker 5: I can't talk to that.
Speaker 3: I can't think of my head A cruel Sea song. Yeah, from the Sea.
Speaker 5: I've got that song in.
Speaker 2: My head, but from the season that I'm.
Speaker 4: Thinking about under the Sea from I think about under the Sea from oct.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's in my head on repeat at the moment.
Speaker 2: All these sea songs head, none of them by the Cruel.
Speaker 5: Hey, things have got a little bit racy.
Speaker 3: Outside the New York courtroom where the hush money trial of Donald Trump is wrapping up with this is the feud you didn't see coming, Hollywood legend Robert de Niro verbally sparring with supporters.
Speaker 5: Of the president.
Speaker 2: Yes, good stuff, no one.
Speaker 3: So de Niro apparently shouted at one Trump supporter, you're a bleeping idiot, because that guy asked if he was on pedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein's client list, you know, controversial list. So they've gone toe to tie you out in front of the courtroom. I don't know, it's all very I mean, I've lost track of it.
Speaker 5: Apps.
Speaker 3: I mean like they're saying that the star witnesses a liar, et cetera, et cetera. The closing arguments kickoff are on at the moment, so we'll see what happens. But he's not the first one to do some dodgy things in government, so interesting times ahead.
Speaker 5: Is he going to go to jail? Is the question?
Speaker 4: I think, because he's got all the money. Well, he doesn't actually have all the money in the world, but I think he's got friends in high places, and.
Speaker 1: I don't think he actually will.
Speaker 5: And also is Milania a real woman?
Speaker 4: Yes, but apparently they do sleep in separate beds, so she's also had enough of him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's off him. Milania has got the heck.
Speaker 2: He leaves stains on the sheets.
Speaker 15: Orange.
Speaker 2: He's just orange tan all over your sheet. We just go back to the days when our boy, don't we just talk cricket sues the soul, doesn't it?
Speaker 7: Told me?
Speaker 3: Remember when it was revealed that Baron, who's the sixteen seventeen year old, has his own floor in the Trump town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Baron was right behind the ball when he was named Baron. Yeah, this issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and your dad's Donald truck and your dad's Donald and your mum is not even a real lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a genuine fembot. There you go that she posted snooze news. Who here knows what a financial dominate trix is?
Speaker 12: Umm?
Speaker 2: Yeah, does anyone actually know? Let me educate you, lady. A financial dominatrix is a woman who has submissives who are happy to part with money or gifts to gain her affection. It can be anything from wanting to see what the woman spends their money onto, relinquishing all financial control. Some even want to be bullied for their pleasure. It could be sexual, It can be all sorts of different things. It's basically just having a lady tell you what to do aggressively, and sometimes it's for really really strange, gross requests. Okay, I want to talk to you about a lady called Minky Miller and she is a financial dominatrix. So she's gone viral because of something that she exposed on the internet. Classic she's told viral podcast some of the things that she's been asked to do as a financial dominatrix.
Speaker 5: Do you tell us what Mincky Miller's been up to.
Speaker 2: And it will blow your mind. You'd be like eh, who saw that coming? What's that? Spot on? But as we know, there's a lot of blokes out there who are into some real dirty, kinky stuff. Micky said she's had a variety of requests over her time on adult subscription platforms, including pouring chocolate sauce into her own hair for seven hundred dollars. I do that, seven hundred bucks. That's fine, she said, although one of the most unique requests she has ever received is from a man who paid her twenty four hundred and fifty one dollars to get a pedicure in his chosen color film herself clipping her nails and then mailing the clippings to him two grands four hundred and fifty und dollars.
Speaker 5: So you do that?
Speaker 2: Two? Why? What's my tone?
Speaker 3: But I can see a future for you as a financial domino trick.
Speaker 5: You're here, he'd be great spot on.
Speaker 2: I'm just sort of weird kinky behavior. It got me thinking that because there's a lot of sickoes out there. Do you guys know of any situations where maybe a friend, even if it's not you, has been put in a situation where you're like, hey, do something a little bit unusual, but you'll make some good money from us.
Speaker 3: A girl I used to work with at Channel ten who's no longer there, used to sell her boots and her shoes. Really two men who were willing to part with a lot of money for them.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. I'm guessing they just like play with them and smell them, and.
Speaker 3: I guess, but they would always like all the requests would be like, you know, are they sweaty?
Speaker 2: You're work?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: That fun that is?
Speaker 2: You do it though, because you're not going to do there's no interaction with the man. No, no, no, no, no, just send it on.
Speaker 5: Don't just send off your boots.
Speaker 2: What sort of money we're talking about the way?
Speaker 5: Oh like hundreds?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, to part ways with boots that you would otherwise just throw out? Correct, Why the hell wouldn't you? It's pretty good.
Speaker 8: I went to school with a girl who sells pictures of her feet real money.
Speaker 2: Yes, is that feet finder?
Speaker 8: I can't say I've ever asked, but yeah. She went through a phase of making quite a bit of money for it, up to three hundred dollars a photo, just a photo of her feet, and sometimes sometimes people would ask her to put things between her toes and send photos for more money. Things I remember once you like peanut butter and stuff.
Speaker 2: That doesn't come out for weeks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, hundreds and hundreds of dollars she saved up doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, amazing.
Speaker 5: Dan Houston's coming in soon.
Speaker 3: I want to ask him maybe if he'd sell his secondhand footy boots.
Speaker 2: Definitely, definitely anonymous bids only Thurt twenty four and if you're a financial dominatrice, give us a call sens of text as well, tell us what double one nine. Sometimes I think that my wife could be a financial dominatrix. Oh really, because as we know, she's the one who shifts out the money. Yeah yeah, weekly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes when I'm at her service, which is really really in the mood for me to do something for her, she'll bring me into the room and then she'll get me nice and class and she'll say, hey, get out of the house for two hours to take the kids.
Speaker 5: Leave me alone, and I will pay you.
Speaker 2: About Nova's handball Blitz, yesterday we went to Highgate School and the kids were absolutely sensation. We launched it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, they were so sweet yesterday and just really respectful kind kids, and as we were leaving at the end, they were helping all our supernovas pack up everything. Kids from And I have to say, I got a message from a girlfriend last night whose son was there and I recognized him and he said he said to her, yeah, we had this girl come to our school and she's really good at handball and her name is Joel.
Speaker 2: And Mum was like what Ricky leads him and Joel were.
Speaker 5: There's amazing odd, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, register your I mean registerlf farther and over player. You get involved this thing, or get mum and dad to do it. Because up for grabs a thousand bucks for the winner.
Speaker 3: Thousand bucks for the winner and five hundred dollars for the runner up as well. It's going to be absolutely huge. You get to play off at the Adelaide Oval in front of ten of thousands of people.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable stuff.
Speaker 2: Really really cool. So a thousand bucks that would go a long way. We asked a bunch of the kids yesterday what they would do if they were to win one K.
Speaker 6: I don't get cars, the IP ticket.
Speaker 10: I would spend it on the news. I would spend it on with a little car.
Speaker 3: I would save it till I had enough money to buy something like a house or a car or something.
Speaker 2: I spend it in your Panta.
Speaker 4: ACTI like invest into my education I would need.
Speaker 1: That's again a guinea pigs.
Speaker 2: That's the one that got made. The guinea pig.
Speaker 5: A couple of guinea pigs.
Speaker 2: Can you get it for a guinea pig? And what you soon realized once you've purchased a guinea pig is that guinea pigs don't really offer a lot, do they know?
Speaker 5: They don't. They breed heavily done.
Speaker 2: They're very good at breeding. Full credit to the guinea pigs in that department. Jump on the over plane out just to yourself, or get mom and dad to register you if you want to potentially score one thousand bucks for Nova's handball blitz. This is really cool.
Speaker 3: He gets up Houston against host.
Speaker 2: We don't have a problem.
Speaker 8: Please welcome to the Jody and Hazy Show. Danie Houston.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, Dan Houston, welcome to the studio.
Speaker 13: Good morning, thanks having me back.
Speaker 5: Maybe you're good luck for birthday? Paid it here I am.
Speaker 13: Last time I opened it. I got it done. And yeah another one, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: That's so true.
Speaker 2: We should make this more of a regular thing, saying just saying.
Speaker 5: Let's get this awkwardness out of the way, shall we go on?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, So we spoke before Husta about some of these social awkward encounters.
Speaker 3: So this is on the back of him consistently adjusting himself around the office.
Speaker 2: Can't my hands, don't know where.
Speaker 3: To go sometimes, and not just that, but looking each of us in the eye as he does it. So it got us talking about weird social norms. And then I was saying, I never quite know when people come into the studio whether.
Speaker 5: To give them met keys or a hug, and then it ends up half one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so today I committed and I saw you and I.
Speaker 5: Went straight for a kiss.
Speaker 2: On the chat, I had to go, was it awkward? Did you know exactly what's going on?
Speaker 13: I was like, Jada hasn't done this before.
Speaker 18: But I think Jada committed and the confidence really just made it not awkward. But I think if you sort of arm and r a little bit, do you get that little bit of awkward confrontation and then it's really really weird.
Speaker 2: There you go, just like in foty terms as well. In this situation, if you hesitate, you'll probably get hurt. Yes, lord On Joe, it's very true.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. I'm really quite proud of that effort on the adjusting thing.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: You quite often see footballers do it when they're being interviewed at the end of the match.
Speaker 5: Have you noticed that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I've noticed a little bit. They go for the handshake and then the producer the interview walks off, and I think a lot of the time after games, a lot of the brothers slap up and sometimes they get me mixed up as a brother and they go for the slack up and go for the handshake and then what's going on here? And it's a little bit awkward because you get that sort of you hold onto the hand for a bit longer and yeah, it's a bit awkward.
Speaker 2: This is a good one. So for example, who have your homes And sometimes you're like, oh, they just had a kiss afterwards. Some times they didn't. Obviously she knows some footballs, she doesn't.
Speaker 18: Do you handle the situation like that, I'll go their handshake, I think, yeah, I keep it strictly professional.
Speaker 5: Is a bit of a professional situation.
Speaker 3: But what I was referring to is sometimes the footballers while they're being interviewed by like a Brian Taylor at the end, will adjust themselves while they're being a national TV and I think, how do you not know that you're on TV at the moment.
Speaker 2: It's just what happens. Can't account for what hands are doing. Sometimes it's just a bloke thing, isn't that righty?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Maybe just take the real constability.
Speaker 2: Maybe eight Thursday Night Blues. This feels like a really really good test.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think it'd be a really good match.
Speaker 18: I think the Blues have been in red hot form lately and we've sort of hit our straps the last couple of weeks and betting some really good teams, and we'll set ourselves to the Blues a top eight side and hopefully we can take it up to them and get them done and then move on into the buy have.
Speaker 5: We spoken since Darcy Burne Jones got a jumping?
Speaker 13: We haven't? You haven't? That was that was amazing.
Speaker 18: It was It was one of those moments where you saw it takes you a few days to get over it, just what exactly happened and how far down.
Speaker 2: We were I was going to say you would have played in some epic wings. You were responsible for one of them when you beat Estening with that after the Sorogn kick. But that was just that was crazy, Like at three quarter time, what's Ken saying and what are you guys saying? Because most people had written off.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think we just tried to win the game effectively. We got the ball going forward and played an aggressive style. We moved a few numbers up to the stoppage to get that going forward and then gave ourselves the best chance. And when it's wet, you just don't know what's going to happen, which I think worked in our favorite for strikes.
Speaker 13: He's in a market and control the game a little bit more.
Speaker 3: I think you were mentioning Hazy that you've been doing a bit of kick like soccer.
Speaker 5: How much has that helped?
Speaker 18: Yeah, we played soccer Monday and Friday, which is a little bit different. You wouldn't pick that at the footy club and is probably our best player. He plays up forward and it's a bit of a striker, so I did game as no surprise that he put that through too.
Speaker 2: Honest, we were saying off air that we enjoy it when you were footy manager Chris Davies gets involved because to know Chris Dave, he's actually quite an elite sportsman, yes, and just sort of marches around and really takes charge when you guys are playing soccer.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and he sits in goals as well. So a few boys take a little bit off the kick when they're going forward and then a few others put a little bit extra on just in case, depending on their relationship with chief.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you want to slide it past him, if you want to continue.
Speaker 5: Playing at the port Adelaid Football Club next year.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we definitely don't want to put it straight into him because yeah, that'd be risky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before we let you go, how's your skipper?
Speaker 13: Yeah, he's good, he's good. I think you know.
Speaker 18: It's different to last week's so a few weeks ago as injury where that was soft tissue.
Speaker 13: This is more of a pain thing.
Speaker 18: So they'll give him every chance to get up before Thursday night, hopefully you know, get the swelling down and move forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much for coming in this morning. From moving forward, can we line in the sand? It's kiss got to check done.
Speaker 2: Hey, very generous as well, qu Stoy to bring in a whole heap of tickets. Yes, so if you'd like to go to the football on Thursday night, give us a call right now, thirteen to twenty four ten more tickets to Port Adelaide FC dot com. How you call us? The generational gap between jen Z and millennials can feel like hundreds and hundreds of years. He can what happened? We're along the line to just go this sort of human versus this sort of human and it's just completely utterly different. It feels like there's no similarities whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Evolution, mate, people change and grow.
Speaker 2: What about in terms of text messaging as well? What do you mean things have changed, haven't they. There's a lady in the US, she's a popular US creator.
Speaker 7: God, this.
Speaker 4: Is where it went wrong. This is where it went wrong. TikTok, Yeah, TikTok.
Speaker 2: Her name is Elizabeth Castaldi. She sparked a vile discussion about the generation gap and texting when it comes to dating. So she's twenty seven. Yeah, she recently went on a date with a thirty five year old man. Said she was baffled by the text that he sent her the next day. Do you want to hear the text?
Speaker 5: Did he very say?
Speaker 2: It said, hey, had fun last night, have a good day, not too bad, that's quite nice. That's a nice text. She said, I have to start dating people on my own age, but I won't. She said that she doesn't have the eke by his formal text message, but he's millennial style texting made her unable to tell if he wanted to see her again.
Speaker 3: Well, there was no explicit request, was there to say, yeah, there was catch up again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There was no like, I had a really good time last night, would you like to do it again?
Speaker 1: You have a nice day?
Speaker 2: Because the next morning though, but it's straight away the next morning.
Speaker 4: Well, and on the back of that, good on him for reaching out, because you it's a bit awkward when you go on a day and you're like, do they want to see me again?
Speaker 2: Do they not need some feedback? Yeah? So he's just planning the seat.
Speaker 5: Sitting around waiting for a text thing is excruciating.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 2: So here is where men and women perhaps different, And let me just just represent the fellows on this one. I think this is where the boys can get really really confused. Right, First films can put it out there. What the hell do you want? What's there a text message would you have wanted in that's situation.
Speaker 5: Oh, something witty and funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something witty and funny, because I'm usually funnier than them and they hate that. Yeah, I think you just give me, give me like I would love to do it again, or just give me some sort of like this is going to happen again, because that text message that he sent could be like, had a really good time last night? You know, well, I'm not really interesting catching up again, like have a great day. That's what That's what the sub meaning could have meant.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't say I had he's of fun last night if you were an interesting.
Speaker 4: In so we don't know that you haven't said that. You haven't said I want to catch up with you again.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also what you need to understand is just for your own information, us women will overanalyze these text messages within an inch of their life.
Speaker 2: I understand that. But here's a kicker, and here's a kicker for all men out there. I think that if you had said, hey had fun last night, have a good day, I'd love to do it again, you'd go, oh, that's a bit strong.
Speaker 4: No, I want you know, you go.
Speaker 1: Here's what I want.
Speaker 4: I want someone to go, hey, be ready by seven o'clock on Saturday, because I'm going to come pick you up.
Speaker 2: And yes, I would say you're coming on too strong, because it was still an element of tree to men, I've.
Speaker 1: Just switched sides with you now.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: No, If it was the first day, obviously I don't want them coming to my house on the first day. You don't know if they're a serial killer or not. And hey, my track record with that is not too good.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 4: But if it was a second or third day and they said, hey, you know, I would love to see you again seven o'clock Saturday, I'll come pick you up.
Speaker 1: Let's go out for dinner. That is hot.
Speaker 2: That is what I want.
Speaker 4: Men actually putting some effort in for once, because men don't put effort in anymore.
Speaker 1: Where do you want to go to eat? If that to you, he'd be off the roster. He would be off the roster. He wouldn't be off the roster.
Speaker 4: I would be like, Wow, he actually is keen and he wants to see me, and he's organizing something that is hot.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I want.
Speaker 2: I guess what sounds like a Serial Killers turn up. But hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, good news makes for a great podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes, and don't skip my episode because that would kill me.
Speaker 3: In again, let's talk about your muffin, Abby.
Speaker 5: Excuse me very very much? What about this story?
Speaker 3: During the week, it was reported a young man was taken by surprise when he discovered he had been charged a one dollar standard heating fee for the seven dollar muffin he had ordered to have with a coffee at a Melbourne cafe.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, very Melbourne, isn't it.
Speaker 3: He took to Facebook and he said they just added to the bill without telling you, adding he would have had the muffin cold if he had known he was going.
Speaker 4: To be charged for its warming. Heyduce, that was already seven dollars. Yes, that is an expensive muffet.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be like a steak muffin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like the ones at Woolworth.
Speaker 4: They're like this white chocolate and raspberry and they come into four and they're really expensive, so only eat and when Mum buys some.
Speaker 1: But they're so much.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 3: You're a woman in your mid thirty who has to wait for your mum to buy the expensive.
Speaker 1: Reference because they're so expensive.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Yeah, outrageous little fees that they just add in every now and then. So we were in Melbourne actually and we went to a restaurant and they didn't have table service.
Speaker 5: It was just a QR code.
Speaker 3: Which you know how I feel about you are justice still that's as you are. And there was a surcharge of two dollars. You're using the QR code.
Speaker 1: Most of them do that?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, most of them have like a service fee on there, which I don't understand because you're not getting getting a human over to serve you.
Speaker 1: No, they're getting it through the kitchen.
Speaker 4: The kitchen's doing and it's coming straight out, so they're cutting out a person.
Speaker 3: Not just that I'm doing them ordering myself. It's why am I paying a two dollar searcharge?
Speaker 2: Got on thirteen twenty fourteen. These little ripoffs that are slowly ruining your life. Yeah, it's their little paper cuts, aren't they slowly? But surely the little paper cuts. I still wonder if there's places out there where you buy a pie and then try and check you extra for sauce.
Speaker 1: That is so un Australian.
Speaker 2: That should be stock standard. And here's the other thing. Breakfast extras yes, okay, shouldn't be shouldn't be more than about four bucks. This is so if it's an extra bacon, I understand four bucks, avocado smashed avocado four bucks, but everything else, no way more than four dollars.
Speaker 5: Well, I still think four dollars for extra avocado.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because the whole avocado in like the markets is what a dollar each?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what about.
Speaker 5: Don't start on ship at avocado?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what absolute little terrorists they are. What about Halloomi? Yeah, how much would that be?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Halluomi's good cheese, good cheese, and it is in the supermarkets like six or seven bucks, so Hallomi, yeah you can have.
Speaker 2: It, okay for four bucks yep. But things like tomato beans one hash brand should be like two dollars, fifty or three dollars, yes.
Speaker 5: Soctually even less than that.
Speaker 1: I reckon a dollar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten gives us a call this morning. Those sneaky little hidden costs that are getting you.
Speaker 4: I think that they shouldn't charge extra for different milk.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: So I get lactose free. Usually I'm not lactose intolerant. I'm just a blanker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about your milk?
Speaker 4: But it does it makes you feel better. It just makes me, like my tummy feel better. Yeah, And so it goes from Then you go and get a medium coffee and say it's six dollars or six fifty and all of a sudden, you're paying seven dollars for eating coffee because it's fifty cents extra for the milk. So I'm about to be introduced to this world because I think my daughter is is Celiac. No more gluten So do they charge you extra for gluten free? Yes, gluten free is even though it's a medical condition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's extra.
Speaker 4: And if you go to the shops, like gluten free bread, it's smaller and it's more expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything gluten free is usually more expensive. But in saying that, hell food ale greats some great things down there.
Speaker 1: I love that aisle. By the end of this.
Speaker 3: I'll be giving that child to another love family. Let's go to Julie for morning.
Speaker 15: Julie, Hi, Jodi, Hi, what happened? There seemed to be a theme here with hot drinks, but oh it too and laid overal recently to see the Crows game. And I went to a little coffee card at halftime to get my coffee and a hot chocolate. And when I went to pay, I thought, that seems a lot, because I like my coffee extra hot, so I'd asked for extra hot. And I said to the guy, Oh, that seems like I'm not sure you've charged me correctly, and he said, I know, we charged an extra.
Speaker 7: Dollar for extra hot.
Speaker 2: That's not a thing.
Speaker 15: No, I am not kidding outrageous.
Speaker 2: So then how did you go? Then? Like, did you was it two and fourth or month? Did you guys settle on something or did you just pay it and leave?
Speaker 15: Welly kind of had already wrung it up on the I have my card, you know, hanging over it, ready to go, and I thought, what do I do?
Speaker 3: So I say that, Yeah, you sound like a people pleaser like me, Julie. I'll just pay it, just not to make a few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 15: But I have to I have to agree with Abby. The warl worst muffins are worth. But there's six dollars for four muffins abby, Like.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, more expensive than that? Way more expensive than that stores for four muffins. Yeah, these ones are like fifteen bucks or something. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well, how would you know your parents pay?
Speaker 3: How do you know your mummy still takes you to Woolwork to buy your grocery?
Speaker 2: Oh, let's get a Kieren, biggest rip off, Kiren. What do you got?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 10: Good easy? I get up at five am and head off to work, and anytime I stop into a server, I've been charged up to fifty cents for sauce with my sausage roll in the morning.
Speaker 2: I get out here, not a miss.
Speaker 10: And not just one particular so it could be any given servo, right, and I've been up to fifty cents. It is absolutely ridiculous, absolutely insane.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to sound like your mother here, but are you actually having a sausage roll for breat first on the.
Speaker 7: Way to work?
Speaker 10: Absolutely? I am? How you get the day started?
Speaker 2: There we go. It's a lot of good points at Karan ras wash that.
Speaker 3: Down with a fifteen dollars muffin from all worse than away you go, You're on, let's go to Jackie, what's the subtle little charge.
Speaker 5: Of going out for lunch or dinner on a Sunday and you get the twenty percent charge?
Speaker 2: Twenty percent is a lot.
Speaker 15: Of the course of entire bill Sunday day.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, awesome, spam take that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think the argument is, though, is that don't they have to pay like double time on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, they've got to pay wages.
Speaker 2: Which I understand, but Sunday versus a public holiday, when it's a public holiday surcharge, I can absolutely understand it. The other thing as well is that sometimes you're in there, you've had a meal or whatever, and then you don't understand that there's a twenty percent surcharge until you go to pay towards the end, and that can really sting your pocket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure can, especially for someone like you who can be a little bit tidy.
Speaker 2: Excuse me very much.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Megan. What was the subtle little charge there?
Speaker 1: Megan, Good morning guys.
Speaker 11: I'm a big hot chocky fan and I you know, it's that classic question of would you like marshmallows? And I generally say yes, and that's oh hang on, that's fifty cents been added to my gill.
Speaker 2: No way, the marshmallows and hot chocolate. That's like saying, hey, can I tek a week bits? And I go okay, sure, would you like milk with that? And you go yeah, that's extra. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I'm like, don't ask and then judge me because I'm thinking, oh, yes, excellent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thinking it's complimentary. That means so.
Speaker 2: Does that mean as well?
Speaker 10: Mean?
Speaker 2: Are you were too marshmallow? Tope? Operator? What are we talking?
Speaker 11: Correct? Yes? And I don't want to pay for one of those. I don't know how to explain about, like those old school like marshmallows where they're really fat and they're really just yucky. They don't melt in your hot chocolate. Like, if I'm going to pay, I want two nice little ones, some weird dodgy.
Speaker 2: Things, not the payless ones. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I didn't like up this morning and think i'd be having marshmallow chat.
Speaker 2: But here we are, Here we are, and I'm glad that we're in this space.
Speaker 5: It's going to geo, G're delicious?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 10: No, we're good? Hello?
Speaker 5: Would you get slugged for g O?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 11: You know when you've sat down you've had at nice meal, but you've over ordered, and then you asked for a takeaway container and that gets slipped on the bill dollar two dollars.
Speaker 2: Does that happen, Joe, I've never really noticed that, because, yeah, I definitely want to take stuff home. If there's spare food there, there's a extra.
Speaker 9: It's not it's definitely not all the time, but sometimes it's just like, oh wow, okay, thank you, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Refer to my previous point about you being a bit tidy.
Speaker 4: Okay, we had a team lunch yesterday and Hazy just ate off everyone else's.
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 8: We did.
Speaker 3: And then this morning I had a toasted sandwich and you went, can I have a bar to that? And I said, yes, absolutely here how huh.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this is just I'm not sure gaslighting is, but maybe I said to you said you on to one. I said, look, if you can't finish it, I tried to gaslight you and say I'll do you a favor and finish.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, but having said that, you never share your food with me ever. Okay, and now you're going to hit me up with some eggs after the show, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Too, Why you hell, maybe