Speaker 1: Show and Tell friends, it's maur It's Monty. Thanks for listening today. Hooray, hooray, hooray everybody. Hi everyone, Hi, Amon's yeah good, I'm going good. If you're new to the pod, thank you for listening in. If you're an oldie, thanks for listening in. We were just saying we just want to preface that we know how fucked the world is at the moment. It's so fucked, and we had a big talk before this that we've got to bring ourselves back up. But this is not the pod you come for heavy news like this is your twenty minutes of a break from reality.
Speaker 2: Yes, we just want to keep it light because yeah, you know, yeah, we're all exposed to enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like sometimes it's so fucked and we don't acknowledge what's going on. We're very aware, we know you are too, but this ain't the place to come. Yeah, but don't kind of stuff. You're not getting any actual facts from us. Although speaking of facts, oh yes, we start every part with a fact. What do you got today? We do?
Speaker 2: Okay, did you know no that before mating, male giraffes head butt the females in the bladder until they we and then they taste it to see if she's ovulating. Wow, isn't that amazing?
Speaker 1: That's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I mean, giraffe giraffe nature.
Speaker 1: It is wild. It's so fucked and fabulous. It's like, imagine we did that as humans, Like Sam just constantly knocking on my bladder till I piss on him and then he's like, yep, you're ovulating. Let's bone.
Speaker 2: And also how they're so evolved to be able to know that, like to think you can taste when someone's ovulating, Like, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's evolved. I think that's literally programmed nature.
Speaker 2: Did I say evolved?
Speaker 1: You said evolved. I don't think giraffes evolved.
Speaker 2: I don't think my medication is woking from today.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so fun cutting that bit out. No, you are not that his hands down staying in. Oh god, So do you see if her R and b Friday's Mariah Carey's coming out?
Speaker 2: I think Mary Carey's my new hero. What I feel like I need to play.
Speaker 1: There's a here. I can't watch her clips because they're just going absolutely bonkers at the moment of her on stage doing duets with different people. She can barely even stand, like she's severely medicated.
Speaker 2: You know what I think it is with her too, It's almost like she she doesn't move her face.
Speaker 1: No, there's no express there's no movement.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably because to me, I look at her and I'm like, she does look clock, she had a heep of work done.
Speaker 1: She's maintained. Yeah, sure she has. Though I think that's an active thing. A lot of people do. They try not to move their face as much, oh, one hundred percent. The first time I got botox, the lady's like, you need to try and train yourself not to move your forehead. I do it that all the time. I never raise my eyebrows or anything. Shit, Yeah, that's amazing, fucking sick, isn't it. But it's like just second nature now. I would never raise my eyebrows.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I saw this clip of her on Instagram the other day. Also, it's like she can't sing anymore.
Speaker 1: She can't sing anymore. It's like they.
Speaker 2: Get to a point artists. I guess there's a quota of how many songs you can sing well, because it's like they lose their I guess their vocal chords get.
Speaker 1: Frosted total and everything in there is aged. It's like hearing Rod Stewart sing now. It makes me uncomfortable. I'm like, enough, hang up the singing boots or singing the shower.
Speaker 2: It's like the bon Jovi clip. Remember when he was at that wedding. No, oh my god. Bon Jovi was a guest at a wedding and the band started playing Living on a Prayer. Yeah, and they called him up to sing, and he sang.
Speaker 1: And you know that song.
Speaker 2: Would be actually quite hard to sing, like, it's pretty high. Yeah, it's so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: It's the worst thing.
Speaker 2: I'll send it to you, Okay, the worst anyway. So she's I think it was a week or two ago she did this interview. She said she doesn't acknowledge time.
Speaker 1: We have listened to this. Is it true?
Speaker 2: You don't acknowledge the passid of time? That is true?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that? I just don't believe in it. What do you mean time.
Speaker 2: Zones or no?
Speaker 1: No, just time, just time times and no clocks.
Speaker 2: No, no, just not into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let it go. Do you celebrate a birthday?
Speaker 2: I don't have a birthday.
Speaker 1: No, anniversaries.
Speaker 2: Anniversaries, yes, okay, great, but no birthdays.
Speaker 1: If we were to meet up later, how would we know when? It would just it would just happened on Mariah's time. Yeah, I would have somebody call you and figure it out. Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously she's privileged, Like you want to meet up with someone, she.
Speaker 1: Literally would have somebody bringing a breakfast, her lunch, her dinner, saying tomorrow's your daughter's birthday. I've got all these presents for you. Like, she doesn't have to think about anything for herself.
Speaker 2: No, and she's you know, she's obviously not living in the same reality as us. God no, but the concept of it, I sort of think is pretty genius, like and not as in looking at the time on a clock, even she would have to do that.
Speaker 1: But the you know, we get so wrapped.
Speaker 2: Up in our age and whatever. If you just paid no attention to that at all, Yeah, there was no concept of time in that way. Yeah, it's actually quite smart, Like.
Speaker 1: If you just let it go and you just said to yourself, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I'm not even acknowledging that, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just gonna go by how I feel or whatever. I guess. Also, when you're hungry just going and then bedtime like it would change, don't Because I see the time. I see eight o'clock, which is your morning. But for me, I'm like eight pm. I'm like, shit, I gotta start getting ready for bed. Where if I didn't know that, I wonder how much freedom I would have, what time I would actually end up going to bed. That a control freak would be my worst nightmare. See again, she doesn't have to pick up the kids from school, she doesn't have to get them to school, she doesn't have to take to the dentist. It's like life has times and appointments. She wouldn't have a friend in the world that she's meeting up with.
Speaker 2: Either unless they're on the payroll, and then she don't worry about that today. And that's probably why she's I mean, imagine living with somebody like that, having a relationship with someone like that. It's like Elvis, though, I guess when you're at that level, you lose touch with reality. Like he had no windows I think in his bedroom, so there was absolutely no light. He would like he I think even he lost his sense of timing and stuff. Because it's also something about being isolated.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course it would be such a hideous existence. So my mom was an event organizer yet I've told this many many years ago, but she was working, like organizing a conference at a big hotel in Melbourne, and the woman who was giving her like a tour are saying, this is where everything is showed her the penthouse. I think it was Crown or something like that, and this big beautiful penthouse. John Travolta stayed there when he was in Australia, and he demanded every single window be completely blacked out.
Speaker 2: I guess. I mean that's probably a privacy thing too. Like imagine paparazzi with those lenses.
Speaker 1: That you wouldn't be able to see in the windows of Crown Casino.
Speaker 2: They'd be so mirroredn I think those lenses are pretty good.
Speaker 1: God, I would like that is so wild. Imagine the requests that different celebrities have and in a penthouse the whole thing's windows so literally all blacked out. And yeah, so why are you up there?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just get it, get down on the third field, dungeon, mate it exactly. It doesn't matter what the commoners. Yeah, I know how you knew.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, A really quick hack I saw once, you know, like when you go on holidays with kids and like how you want to get to bed and they're sensitive with the light and all that sort of stuff if the curtains aren't good in the place you're staying. Saw a hack once of a woman using a spray bottle on the window and she put foil. Oh yeah, window, yes, everything out. I was I wish I'd known that when my kids were little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, foil is a good idea. When Baxter's room was quite light when he was younger, I put black cardboard on their windows to block it out. But we got new curtains a little while ago, and they haven't made them wide enough, so I have a gap of light in between where the curtains touch. And it's one of those things that bothers me every time I close them. And I napped during the day, so I close them during the day and at night I close them, so two times a day. I am really cross. Yeah, I get it. It's such a head fuck, the little things, isn't it so funny? The little things just drive you absolutely mad. And it's also annoying when I'm like, that was a couple of grand or whatever you know, however much it was. I'm like, it's so annoying. I'm never going to replay that, but it bothers me severely. I wonder if Mariah has got the same problem. Oh myg too funny.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of this lady in Japan who's had this premonition about this tsunami? No, it's coming, Okay, So there is this lady. She's a manga artist. Didn't know what that was? Yecked it up.
Speaker 1: Yes, my son was obsessed with manga.
Speaker 2: Really comic? Is it sort of like comic?
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's also you read it from the back cover to the front. That would do my heading me too.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Her name's Ryo Tatsuki obviously not pronouncing that great, and she's been having these visions in her dream since the eighties. She's seventy years old now, and back in nineteen ninety nine she wrote a book called The Future I Saw, and there were things that she predicted in that that have come true. But the main thing was the massive tsunami in Japan in twenty eleven that killed like eighteen thousand people. She's predicted this huge tsunami is going to hit Japan. Sit On July fifth this year. But it's going to also impact other surrounding countries, so Taiwan, the Philippines, Indonesia anyway, as a result, there's been a massive decline in tourism over that period of time. People are canceling flights and all this stuff, which is obviously impacting those countries. Yes, I kind of wanted to ask you was if you had a trip booked to Japan, Yeah, and then you see that, would you cancel your trip?
Speaker 1: All depends how much money I would lose? Nah? I think I think I probably would. Yeah. I also am thinking if somebody predicted something here, would I get out of the country during that time? If somebody's been so spot on with their predictions, SAM would go, that's horseshit, there's no way where I would. Probably, Yeah, I would probably. I don't know if I act. I don't think i'd actively take the true but I don't think I would leave our country if it was predicted. You're fucked. You are fucked if something happens to Australia, like if there's a prediction like that, because you won't get on a plane, you can't drive to another country.
Speaker 2: No you No, I just go, okay, well I'm going to die. I actually read a very unsettling fact the other day, but it was comforting to me in some way. If you were close enough to some nuclear warfare or whatever, that the heat would be so intense at that moment that it wouldn't even give your nerves time to register the pain.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, you die that quickly? All right, I'm happy with that. Yeah, if you take me that way, smart, But I mean it would be you'd be like, the lead up would be completely terrifying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you'd be you'd be so scared. Although is that different to any other death?
Speaker 1: So what would you do? Would you cancel?
Speaker 2: What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean it's hard. I wouldn't be going in. I know, yeah, because it's fascinating things like that. It's a little more accurate than the octopus that they used to use to predict who was gonna win. Was it soccer games or something? Remember that, Yes, was it the Olympic Games or something. They used this octopus and whatever it would crawl to. It had a good success rate. But I mean, I wouldn't change my life depending on that. But if a lady has predicted several things and predicted the tsunami and the exact actual date. There's something like I have had. I had two friends that were in Thailand when that happened. One of my best friends was over there and was waiting for her then fiance to arrive, and she just the story is just so fucking full on. But then my other friend was Trish Broadbridge at the time, and her husband was a Melbourne footballer and he ended up getting killed, and yeah, it's just it was the moment, it was the most fucked time. Remember it.
Speaker 2: You interviewed Trish as well. I try to tell yeah, I just always remember this is stuck with me. She was talking about when the wave was coming, how she was just standing there and they were just looking at it and it was so surreal that she said that her thought was, Oh, my camera's going to get wet, that's right, And I thought it would be such a surreal is the only way you could describe it. That you just completely, like so confused by what you're seeing totally that your brain can't compute. No, it's cleaning because it's so nothing you've ever seen before. My son watched Baxter watch the movie the other day. Of the tsunami. I forget what it was called with Naomi, Yes, yeah, yeah, and he was intrigued. He's like, can we please talk to Kerry about her experience? But just remembering that sucking out of the water and then the giant wave, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: There's so many things to be scared of. Oh my god, terrified when you think about it. Yeah, really, we programmed to think about it. If we knew really how fragile life was, the odds of us something happening every time we even leave the house, we wouldn't do a thing. It's funny, you know.
Speaker 2: Like I've said before, I'm terrified of flying, which I actually don't think is irrational. I really don't think it's an irrational fear. Okay, the probability of dying in a plane crash is very low, but when you look at what a plane actually is, it's fucking scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All that fuel in the air, all of it. I'm like, oh my god, how is this even possible? Flying through the air?
Speaker 2: Do you know? The last time I flew, which was my fortieth, I started to try and watch all these fear of flying things to try and get myself ready for it on YouTube. You know, I can't even explain to you. A lot of it was trying to desensitize yourself. So you know the sound of being in the cabin, the sounds that the plane makes, the taking off, you know, it would almost send me into a panic, scrunching to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get hypnotized. Nah, you don't want.
Speaker 2: To No, Well, I've done hypnosis for other things before and it hasn't really worked.
Speaker 1: I think it's just so in me, it's ingrained in you. Yeah, and I don't seem to bother you. See. For me, if I was to never get on a plane again, I would feel so claustrophobic. Yeah, Like if I thought I can't even get to Melbourne without doing a two day trip. I just see that is the opposite to you in terms of I would go, oh my god, I can't breathe if I can't get anywhere. And the thought of never going on a holiday outside of three hours away.
Speaker 2: Oh, and this is the funny thing, right, if I had to fly somewhere on my own, Yeah, I feel like I could deal with it better than if I was with my family, because I'm scared of having to I don't want to see that happening.
Speaker 1: You don't want to see the panic in their eyes. I don't want to see that. Prefer to all go down together.
Speaker 2: That's what Mark said. I'm like, what, you'd prefer the kids die as well? And he goes, well, how are they going to cope without us? And I said, they'll go on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they'll be pretty fucked up. It's like the Royal family never travel on the same flight. I mean, there you go, there you go, You're onto something. So the other week we were talking about near death experiences. Yes, right, and because there was a lot of people I think was it a podcast or a show you were watching where people were talking about their near death experiences Oprah podcasts, Oprah podcasts, and just how beautiful and how just encompassed with love they were when they died and were brought back to life. Anyway, we've got quite a few messages from you guys, but there's one I want to read out and this is from Chloe. Okay, because I said, have any of you experienced a near death experience? On social media? And Chloe wrote me back in my early twenties quite a while ago. Now, I had a blown anaphylactic reaction to penicillin. It started out relatively mild. I don't even remember calling Mum, but the next thing I knew she was there, having walked in to find me unconscious on the floor. The strangest part, I clearly remember watching the whole scene unfold from above the TV in my living room. I can still see Mum's face when she saw me. She was shocked and panicked, and I was above at all, watching, desperately trying to will myself to wake up, to let it know I was okay, to somehow calm her. It was surreal. I blacked out again in the ambulance and once more found myself watching everything from the ceiling. Earlier, when the hives had spread, everything was swelling and my vision blurred. I had this overwhelming sensation, A strange calmness came over me. It felt exactly like being at the beach, as if I was laying back letting the waves wash over me, peaceful, dream like until there was nothing. Then came the adrenaline, just like you see in the movies. The moment it hit, jolted upright instantly awake, as if someone had flipped a switch. I could feel it rushed through my veins like liquid lightning, snapping me back into my body. It was wild, overwhelming and absolutely unforgettable. Later Mum confirmed everything I'd explained, the positioning upon my body.
Speaker 2: Everything, Oh my god, yes, sending that in Chloe, I know.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, isn't it beautifully written to like lightning going through my veins? But I like it when you hear actual people like this is Chloe a beautiful listener writing in saying this happened to me.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Chloe feels like people minimize that experience, like, oh, you must have just been out of it, or as in you must have just hallucinated in that state or whatever, like people trying to rationalize.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's the same with everything. It's like my friend the other day her grandma died, Yeah, and she was like, the weirdest thing happened, And I almost played it down, but I'm like, to her, it was something and it was a real sign from her grandma. But her grandma gave her her wedding rings. So Abby's wedding rings are her NaN's wedding rings. And the other day she passed and she they're very tight on Abby's fingers, they've never come off. And the other day Abby was getting ready for her funeral and she was in the bathroom brushed her hair once and the wedding ring flew off. Yeah, and she's like it was a sign. It was a sign from Emmy. And I was like, the fact that they'd never fallen off your fingers and then it did on the day of her funeral, Like, that's a sign. Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: And also like, I think if you see it as a sign, that's enough.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. That's what I was like. I was like, that's amazing. Because it didn't happen to me. I couldn't get the full sensation of that. But if it happened to me on the day of my NaN's funeral, I'd be like, of course, that was a sign from Nan. Oh that's nice. Yeah, it is nice.
Speaker 2: That's really nice.
Speaker 1: Anyway, guys, we're going to get out of here as usual. Thank you for listening. Show and Tell Podcasts is where you can send us any messages. We'll get back to every time, and we have a Patreon where we do an extra podcast every couple of weeks. I think it starts about five dollars a month and just also supports the running of the podcast, so head over there if you want to grab a membership. It's patreon, dot com, Forward, Slash Show and Tell online. You can find us there, but we'll chat to you soon. Jao, love you,