Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any first nations, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island of people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: I'm Britney Saunders.
Speaker 2: And I'm all right, hey, and sorry, Let's go again.
Speaker 3: Now, let's just keep it going.
Speaker 2: No, this too often and I look like a wang? Now all right, what's that word for?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Honestly, I'm trying to swear less. I'm trying to swear less. It's not going well, but we'll we're trying.
Speaker 3: Are we starting again?
Speaker 2: I'll just keep an is just go again.
Speaker 1: Come on, okay, let's start again, but leave it in. I'm Britney Saunders and.
Speaker 2: I'm all right hey, And this is Heigh Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite broad chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral, or has your grouped, and we're talking about.
Speaker 2: It coming up on this episode, my greatest achievement of my life. Everyone's talking about it. No one's shut up about it, especially not me. Matt's retiring shut down the pod. Obviously, something's happened that's got my ego in the clouds at the moment, dal I'll tell you all about what happened in just a sec.
Speaker 1: Plus, I think a celebrity is really hot, and matt slightly disagrees, and I need to know whether you're all with me or you're not on this.
Speaker 2: Plus, one of the biggest celebs in the world has been arrested for drug possession and it's all gone down on Instagram Live.
Speaker 3: Are you talked about yourself?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all that and more in this episode deil Me and Dole. Let's go Good morning, Matthew. Well, as if my ego couldn't get any bigger, Brittany.
Speaker 1: I know, like, how am I ever going to fucking top this?
Speaker 2: Honestly, as I said, I'm retiring now. I've think I've hit my peak. There's no nothing else I can achieve in my life. Because scroll, as if you didn't hear over the weekend, I.
Speaker 3: You don't even know how to put it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to put it into words. Honestly, it feels like I'm accepting an Academy award at this point. You may as well be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, about the red carpet. Sorry, I just cut you off.
Speaker 2: No, that's all right. As many of you may have heard over the weekend, something really cuezy happen to me, quite traumatic in a way, like the way it's altered my brain chemistry has just honestly, it's changed me. I feel like Glinda at the end of Wicked. I'm changed. And if you haven't heard, Taylor Swift did like my Instagram reel. Oh my gosh, like Taylor Swift liked my Instagram reel, let me paint the picture for you. I'm sitting on the lounge Vander Punk Rules is on, and just to allow scrollers who watch fandom Pump Rules, how boring is this season?
Speaker 3: Is this Saturday night?
Speaker 2: Um? Yeah, Saturday night. Yeah. So it's about one am. I thought I'll binge watch some trashy TV. It was Vanda Pump Rules was the thing of choice. I don't watch much TV these days because I'm into the books. But I thought, tonight's the night we're going to catch up on Vanda Punt Rules because now the reunion's airing at the moment, and so I was like, I haven't watched much of this season. I think I'd only watched six episodes, so I was catching up, and then it got to about, you know, just after midnight, close to one am. I think, I don't know, it's all kind of a blurf. And I got up to make some food at the end of an episode, and as I stood up, I picked up my phone and I saw a notification on my home screen that said Taylor Swift like your Instagram reel. And as I've read that, I've like dropped to the ground, like you know how people say. I feel like it's more of a book thing. But like in some of the books I read, there's always in every single thing, like when something dramatic happens, they go my legs buckled beneath me, and I'm like, that doesn't happen, you know, Oh, let me tell you it happens. My legs just gave way. I like rolled my ankle. I'm on the I'm on the floor like that old woman who's like help, I've fallen and I can't get up. I'm like on the floor. I look. I opened the notification, I check Instagram, check see the blue tick and then I click the profile, still thinking like this can't be her, Like jam it's a scam, and then I click the notification and it goes to her actual profile and then it's like after midnight, so I've got to be quiet, but I am like silently screaming on.
Speaker 3: The floor sky awake.
Speaker 2: No, no, none of my friends were, so no one was able to celebrate with me. And I was like, I could post it about it on Instagram straight away, but no one's really awake in Australia, which is where most of my followers are.
Speaker 3: So I was like I had to hold onto the news.
Speaker 2: Oh you had to wait for a better time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had to sit there and like by myself and just wallow in my in the celebration. And then my mind started racing and going, how's this happened? Like? She is she backstage getting a makeup done for the show? Is she in bed after a show? Scrolling?
Speaker 1: There's just where so many questions come flooding into my mind because I know, like I feel like we've spoken about this on the pod before, like celebrities actually being on their phones.
Speaker 3: I know we've spoken about celebrities.
Speaker 1: Writing back to their emails, like and I have this thing like surely they don't fucking write back to their own emails, Like Taylor Swift is not replying to emails herself.
Speaker 2: No ever, but we do know that she runs her own Instagram. It's very important to her to have control of her own Instagram. Obviously she's guarded on what to post and everyone else makes graphics and things like that for her. But like she's very particular about like if Taylor Swift the account likes your real she herself has such a thing, yeah, because anything else is Tailor Nation, which is her like PR team slash Socials team, So Tailor Nation is the one. If they like your video, then Taylor could have seen it, but it might just be like a random person as well that's running the account.
Speaker 1: Because that's what I'm always thinking, Like a celebrity is actually sitting there fucking scrolling. This obviously would have been on the Instagram reels page or Instagram Explore.
Speaker 2: Well, the most interesting part is, like that real I actually posted about two months ago.
Speaker 1: It's got to be on like the reels page, and it's randomly showing up because I don't know about you, but especially for me lately, all the videos I'm being served, especially on TikTok, are from ages ago. Really yeah, Like, I'm noticing that.
Speaker 2: That has happened to me before, but it's not happening at the moment. But I have noticed that where I'm like, I feel like I've watched this in December. Yes, yeah, So I'm also my mind's going wild. I'm going, you know, has Travis seen it? And He's gone, haha, babe, You've got to see this. And then she's gone, oh, that's amazing. I better go and like it for him. And then I'm like, has one of her friends DMed it to her and just send it VI a DM and be like, look what I saw?
Speaker 3: There's so many possibilities.
Speaker 2: And then my mind keeps going and I'm like, what if she's seen it? And then gone, I'm gonna check out his page? And then she goes and like what if she's watched some of our High Scrollers videos?
Speaker 3: She very well could have What if.
Speaker 2: She saw my hydrolt sponsored at I posted a couple of days, do you know what I mean? Like, I'm going, Taylor Swift has watched my spong con. You know, like what if she's gone through and she's seen my Golstone situation?
Speaker 1: I mean she will be listening to the pod now, like she could have tapped your link in profile, she could have went onto high scrollers on Spotify.
Speaker 2: She probably gave us five stars.
Speaker 3: And she's actually a fan now.
Speaker 1: A lot of them so much because they always talk about die.
Speaker 2: She's coming to my live shows. She's got front road tickets. I just, oh, my gosh, can't wait, can't wait to a meet and greet after the show and Taylor Swift lines up. I mean, just how the tables have turned.
Speaker 1: I just wonder, like when a celebrity like that or any celebrity, when they like someone's video, like, do you think they do it knowing this is going to fucking lock their well.
Speaker 3: Do they understand?
Speaker 2: Like I think Taylor Swift she sits there and she goes, oh, he's gonna love this, and then she.
Speaker 1: Have to Like all celebrities, like surely they know that power every time they like because even sometimes like like where no one compared to Taylor Swift. But sometimes we will get like our Fate Socials team to like comment on a bunch of people's videos or like I don't know, like we even reply back to some people's comments, like oh my god, Fate replied to me, and it's like where no one dull like we are no one. But then for Taylor Swift to like people's videos or Kim Kardashian or whoever, like, surely they know like just she'd have to. Or do you think they just like like double taps wipe, double taps wipe and don't think anything of it.
Speaker 2: No. I think they definitely think about it. But I think it's a strategical line. When you're a celebrity that big, you have to be strategic with your likes, like you because if you like the wrong thing, you know, even I've seen people get canceled over liking other people's posts. Like someone will post something and then they'll be like, well that post was problematic, but look who liked it as well, and then suddenly all those people get canceled. Yeah, because people think that like liking a post means that you might agree with it. Yeah, sometimes I like posts that like that isn't my opinion, but I've like either laughed at it or something like that. I know sometimes as well. This one page posted like a carousel of ten images and the first image was quite problematic, but the fourth one made me laugh and I liked it. And someone messaged me and was like, why'd you like this? And I was like, oh, yeah, that looks bad. So there's just like this is the thing with the Internet people, there's so much context.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm also like Shirlice elebs On, like, I know you said that Tealerswift is managing her own like having her own Instagram account, but just with how easy it is to like something or how easy it is to follow someone, or how easy it is to repost, like especially on TikTok, like you hit that one button and it reposts to your page, like surely, Like I don't know if I was fucking Taylor Swift or anyone, I'd be too scared to like go on any Explore page or any reals.
Speaker 3: Page just in case.
Speaker 2: Yeah. True.
Speaker 1: And you know when we've seen celebrities in the past, like I think it was Billie Eilish at one point she was following no one for ages like zero, and then she randomly followed this one girl who was like I don't think she was even a creator or anything, or maybe she was like a micro influencer or whatever, but Billie Eilish had followed her, so then that was the only person that Billy Eilish was following. This girl's making all these videos, Like Billy Eilish followed me, but it was clearly like a mistake. And then after a certain amount of weeks maybe she noticed or her team notice and they unfed her. Yeah, like there's a lot at stake if you're a celeb scrolling on your phone literally, So anyway, I'm so glad to have Taylor Swift as a follower of a fan of yeah, a scroller of the pod and Taylor if she's listening, yeah.
Speaker 2: Dm me. Well, the first thing I thought when she liked my video was like, oh better DMR and say, hey, do you like my video? You want to be friends? You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest celeb that's lacked one of your posts? Taylor Swift?
Speaker 3: No, sorry, I can't. I can't top that.
Speaker 1: Like I commented on Megan Trainer's video the other day on TikTok and she liked my comment.
Speaker 2: So I thought that was.
Speaker 3: Pretty like up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you already know this, but like it's more you're a fan, like Bonnie McKee followed me back.
Speaker 2: Yeah TikTok, you know, he followed me the other day randomly is Sarah Milliken. She's like this huge comedian from the UK. I'm pretty sure, and I've like watched heaps of her stand up and she followed me after the other reel that I did. It's going viral at the moment about how that girl's like, would you rather the gogut or the biscuits? And I'm like, I'll take both.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and someone copied your video.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, someone compted my video of that. And I was like, really, babes, like we're gonna we're gonna do this six hours after I postmine and pretend you came up with her. Okay, you boring standard. So yeah, that video went viral and then Sarah Milli can follow me, and I was like, oh my goodness. And then I was like, how embarrassing. I've now got to follow her back, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do we need to start like not a competition, but like a joint thing between us. Let's see like how many famous people we can get to interact with us.
Speaker 2: Okay, follow us stuff the screen time at the end of the video. Let's just let's level it up and what celebrities engage with us. This week. Yeah, okay, I feel like we could do that. Well, who's next on my hit list? Of done Taylor? There's not much bigger you can get than that. Might have to do Beyonce. Yeah, and Lady Lady Gaga, which, by the way, Gaga, just a little extra little tidbit for you. Her chromatica Ball just dropped around the world over the weekend. I haven't had a chance to watch yet. It's on stand in Australia if you're in Australian But what what is it? Chromatica Ball is a concert that she did like two years ago, and they made a film out of her, like a concert movie.
Speaker 3: I think she's hosting a ball.
Speaker 2: That's what she calls all her tours. So we had balls, well, yeah, we had the Monster ball, we had the Ball this Way ball, and then we had actually it was I think it was the art. I don't think aunt Rave was a ball. But anyway, ball as in like the not as in Bridgeton vibes, but as in like as in no, this is like New York City ball, like voguing ball, you know, like, nah, it's the whole thing I've got to teach you on. But anyway, it's this underground scene back when you know, you weren't allowed to be gay. They'd have these underground parties most of the time in New York and they'd call them a ball and it was very, very prominent in the black community in America, especially New York. And then they'd all go under ground and dress up and then they'd all vogue. That's where like voguing. I don't know if it's where voguing came from, but they'd do the voguing and the death drops and all the rest of that, and they'd all kind of compete in a way, and it was just like a safe space. And so Lady Gaga adopted that name as like a safe space for her little monsters. And she had the Monster Ball to begin with. I think she actually had the Fame Ball to begin with. But anyway, don't quote me on that. I'm taking that knowledge from about ten years ago, so that could be a bit iffy on the details there. But yeah, anyway, at the end of the concert movie, she announces she's got a new album coming. Oh, and it just says she does this little snippet a few words from this new song, and then on the screen it flashes LG seven as in Lady Gaga album number seven, and then it says Garga returns, and we don't know if Garga returns it's going to be the name of the album. I doubt it. I think it's just saying like Garga is returning soon. But there's a little fun fact that was almost my Royal flush of the week.
Speaker 1: Speaking of of Royal Flush of the week, let's get into it, Matt. I thought Taylor Swift liking your Real was gonna be your Royal Flush of the week. But I think that's like the royal flush of your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, but you go first. Please, what's your Royal flush the week? Best thing you've seen on the internet?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, my Royal flush of the week is a TikTok account that I've been enjoying watching the videos of it. Just randomly shot up on my for you page, maybe even like two weeks ago. There's a guy in Australia. I don't actually know what his name is, but his username is basic Income Walk. Okay, he is walking the length of Australia. Oh for a non for profit.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: And there's a pinned video on his TikTok, like the only Pin video where he explains what basic income is, like that's the non for profit it's called basic Income. He garded in like down the very bottom corner of Victoria, and he's going all the way to the top.
Speaker 2: Like cans vibes, yes.
Speaker 1: And he's well, I don't know exactly where he's going, but just to the highest point from the lowest point. And he's doing a little vlog on his TikTok every single day of him just literally walking. And I just love the way that he is filming these videos. You will have to go and check it out, because I kin'd even play one for you because it just makes no sense to hear it.
Speaker 2: Is he walking in a straight line or taking roads.
Speaker 1: Taking roads, but he's also taking like a lot of bushwalks.
Speaker 2: I think I have actually seen this one. And then he'll set up and be like this is where I'm sleeping for the night.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, And he's wearing like sandals.
Speaker 1: He's wearing like but they're like walking sandals, and he looks like in his twenties, and I don't know, just something about the way he's filming these videos, Like I'm captured from the start to the finish, and he just does like two seconds two seconds, two seconds two seconds of like the view that he's looking at it might be like mountains and Kangaroo's going by a water fall, him walking through water.
Speaker 3: Just the way he's filming them is really cool.
Speaker 1: Like there's not much talking at all, or it might start with him going, you know, all right, day forty seven, let's go, and like then there's no talking for the rest of it, and.
Speaker 2: He doesn't really explain it no, and it.
Speaker 1: Just sounds and it's nature and like you're seeing all these landscapes of Australia that we don't really ever get to see.
Speaker 3: And he's built up a little community.
Speaker 1: He has fourteen thousand followers, and he has this Lincoln his bio to a map that you can see his live location on.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so fun that like he's worked.
Speaker 1: With a developer that they've made this map so you can click on it and you can see where exactly where he's walked and where.
Speaker 3: He is right now.
Speaker 1: And then I'm loving seeing the community get behind him because obviously everyone's following him and they're saying, when you get to Woongong, let me know. So then people are like taking him food, or people that own like hotels or whatever or little boutique hotel things like are giving him a free night accommodation. So then like every town he's going to, he's like getting a free meal or whatever. And it's just really fucking cool to watch. And I don't know something about his videos, they're just so relaxing.
Speaker 3: What are you going to say, Ellie producer Ellie here.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he saw, but on the weekend there was a guy that like, it looks like he fell down a cliff in the National Park and got stuck inside a cave and they had to like chop him out of the cave. That's that guy.
Speaker 2: What, No, No, No, it's not.
Speaker 4: I've just looked on his Instagram page and there's photos of him being chopped out, like airlifted out of the cave. And I remember on the weekend seeing news about it. I just thought it was a bushwalk and not someone walking across Australia somehow getting stuck in a tiny little cave on a cliff face like above the surf. So I don't know how he's fallen down the cliff and gotten stuck in there, but he was making headlines across the weekend and it's the same guy.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, oh yeah, because he's last video now is two days ago. And then I go to the comments and everyone's saying, hope you're good, mate, anxiously waiting for your next video.
Speaker 3: I hope you're all good.
Speaker 2: Twenty two hours on a cliff sounds rough like all the comments hours on a cliff.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope he's all right.
Speaker 2: Same. What a strange turn of events for this. I was like, what a humble little story. Isn't this just such a nice, lighthearted royal flush? And then boom, airlifted to hospital.
Speaker 1: Posting this from the Southerland Hospital bit of a misadventure yesterday. I've lost all my stuff, spent the night in a cave on a cliff and had to get airlifted out today. If you're in the Southerland South Sydney area, check Chuck me a message. He got rescued. So he looks all right. He's smiling in the photo anyway. I hope you're all right, my little buddy that I'm watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sending love, sending light, sending positivity. No more caves thanks to I.
Speaker 3: Know he's quite the adventurer.
Speaker 1: Anyway, He's gone all the way up to the top and it's going to take him six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Nice.
Speaker 1: So I'm really looking forward to like watching that for the next six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm gonna give him a follow up. Yeah, My Royal Flush is completely opposite, fleet opposite. We've gone from airlifting to arrested baby, arrested for drugs baby?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what has gone on here?
Speaker 1: Because I literally saw this this morning on the TV. Yeah, as I was getting ready.
Speaker 2: So Nicki minaje since My Royal Flush, this is the best thing I've seen on the internet. Is because there's a specific part that's the best bit. So Nicki Minaj has been arrested in the Netherlands for possession of drugs. She had I think some weed, maybe some weed, pens weed? Is it not?
Speaker 3: Is it illegal over there?
Speaker 2: So I have bit iffy on the because as we were, as we're recording right now, it's still a bit if you're on all the details. But from my understanding, she was leaving the Netherlands with the weed and that's not allowed. So I think in the Netherlands you can because the Netherlands is where Amsterdam is am I wrong. I don't know. I don't know. Maybe I'm competing.
Speaker 1: Says Amsterdam is like the best place ever to go.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd love it. Hello, we know I would go like twice.
Speaker 1: It's like we need to go to Amsterdam and you just like sit in the park and we know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, but that that is so me. I'm like I do it like legally, I'm like all about it. We all know that you want to do drugs, all of them, like probably just that one. But anyway, okay, anyway is Amsterdam in the Netherlands. I'm not sure who knows?
Speaker 3: Who's not a geography post.
Speaker 2: We didn't get here for our atars, all right, yeah, yeah, we've googled. We've gone and google you all of the Netherlands. There you go, everyone, you learn something new every day. Everyone remember this forever.
Speaker 3: Amsterdam is a capital of the Netherlands.
Speaker 2: So obviously it says best things to do Anne frank House and Van Goff Museum, Van go Museum, Nice and Vondell Park. That's probably the one aj was in she got arrested. Now, from my understanding, as I was trying to say, is I think yes in the Netherlands, it's legal, but then she was trying to take it out of the Netherlands, which is illegal, so she's got arrested. She was having a show in Manchester in the UK and only a few hours before she was arrested, so all the fans were in the stadium waiting for the concert outright, yeah, waiting for the concert to go on. And then so there are two parts of this royal flush. One is when all the fans heard about this happening and she'd been arrested, they'd come over the speakers and said, look, this show might not be going ahead, but we're hoping Nicki will be able to make it. All the rest of it, they started chanting free Nicki, Free Nicki Nikky, like the whole stadium being like, let her go so she can come and do this concert. So that was just like hilarious to see tiktoks of that online. But then also the other big royal flush for me is she live streamed on Instagram her getting arrested. She's gone live on Instagram. Haven't listened to this. Here's a little clip from her live stream for what why am I going here? Well, yeah, you're on a arrest. I'm the police, I'm the deputy of Zibobo prosecutor. We were bringing to the police station. Yes for what you can go because you're I'm so sorry. But imagine your first thought when you're getting arrested to be going to go live. I'm gonna go live on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Is that a very hurt thing to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she will live stream anything basically, but like, imagine being in that situation, Like imagine being arrested.
Speaker 1: People like imagine her pr people opening their phone.
Speaker 2: She probably doesn't even have any christ just see that.
Speaker 1: She's live being arrested with police. They would go into fucking meltdown. I'll tell you what I just thought as well. You know how you said people were saying free Nikki. Have you ever stopped and thought about celebrity's actual names and the fact that, like their celebrity star name is so powerful compared to their actual name, Like her name is Niki.
Speaker 2: But her actual name is Onika. Ah.
Speaker 1: I think this all the time, Like Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian, like Kim Kardashian's name is Kim, like her name is Kim, Like their celebrity name really fucking makes him because her name is just Kim.
Speaker 2: But like, then you've got Beyonce. Beyonce's name is Beyonce. Yeah, that's pretty cool. Madonna. Madonna's name is Madonna, you know what I mean? But then, what's so weird Madonna's name is Madonna, isn't it? Just don't know. But what's so weird to me is like Beyonce and Madonna are named that from birth, and I'm kind of like imagine, like, who else in the world is called Madonna.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a lot of people, especially from back when she was famous. I reckon, heaps of people had kids. By the way, speaking of having kids, did you hear that Sophia Richie had her baby?
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 3: She went out with.
Speaker 1: Scott Dissick and now she's going out with some rich guy.
Speaker 2: Sophia Richie goals. But she was hanging out with the Kardashians, you know her. I haven't kept up with them in a while though.
Speaker 1: Well, she was going out with Scott Dissick, remember, and she's like really young and whatever.
Speaker 3: Then she left him and got with this guy that she's with.
Speaker 1: They just like and they're very rich, very very very wealthy and she Nicole Richie's sister.
Speaker 3: There you go, oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, and daughter of Line or Richie. Yeah, I'm still not following.
Speaker 1: But she had her baby, and in this world that we're living in of celebrities like calling their baby's weird name, she called her baby Luise, just normal name.
Speaker 2: It's nice, lovely, And I sort.
Speaker 1: Did talk of a girl, saying before I found out the name of the baby, I saw this girl.
Speaker 3: I don't know if she was Australian, but she was on TikTok.
Speaker 1: She was like, Sophia Richie just had a baby, and she chose my name that I've been wanting to use forever, and now that's going to become the most popular name.
Speaker 3: Everyone's going to use it.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, oh great, it's some random, really unique name. It's fucking Elouise, Like that name's been around forever.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? So was she Australian there or you don't know, because I'm like I knew it. My sister's name's el Eloise. I think the girl was Australian.
Speaker 1: She didn't say what the name was, but she was like sad, I know, but she's like sad, thinking this is going to be really popular now because of Sophia. You're rich in im here. I am thinking, great, what's this name, like Cornerstone.
Speaker 3: Or something random?
Speaker 1: And then I go on it Eloise, I'm like that it's already been yeah. Nice anyway, that's like a celebrity that's used a normal name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Eloise, Samantha nice.
Speaker 2: You like it? You like it, Samantha. Very traditional names, aren't they. But you're right though, Like Kim Kardashian being Kim is so funny to me because Courtney Kardashian's name is just Courtney. Yeah, but my Arnie's name is Kim. But same with Kylie Minogue. Her name is everyone's like Kylie Jenner, like my Arnie Kylie Kylie as well, and I'm like it's but then also Kylie Minogue. So it's the.
Speaker 3: Last name and the whole thing that makes a celebrity.
Speaker 2: Like people look at me. For example, my name is Matthew. I'm using the government name. No wonder, I created this whole persona online of all right, Hey, Australia's glemos on because I wanted to steer as far away from Matthew.
Speaker 1: I know. Sometimes when I say to like AJ or like someone at work when I say, oh, Matt did this, Like who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Matty. I've made people follow me for ten years and still message me and be like I've been following you since like twenty fifteen and I did not know your name was Matt. That doesn't happen as often anymore because now I've kind of put it in my like bios and stuff like that, because the problem is with like traditional media, they just have no idea. It happened when I was like going when I remember when I was like the first person in Australia to have COVID. No remember, I was well, I was the first person in Australia who had a follow it to have COVID, and all eyes were on me and I had Channel seven outside trying to get an interview from my balcony. They found my address. God knows how they were calling me. God knows how they got my mobile number like all the rest of it. And I remember being like, you know, I got so much media attention then that they were all calling me Matt Hay though, So I was like, I'm gonna put that name.
Speaker 3: The name is Matt.
Speaker 2: I've got to put my name even sometimes.
Speaker 1: When I talk about you on my store or if I'm like write something on the screen, like I feel like I can't just write Matt, Yeah, I can't. Like this morning, I said I'm waiting for Matt when I did a story, and people gonna know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Surely, But then see saying I'm waiting for alright Hay. It's just too unconventional. So it's like this weird limbo that I'm in of, Like the name all Right Hay is like, so I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Have all Right Hay forever.
Speaker 2: Well, I think about when you're forty something doing content, we like we can we can, we can brainstorm a rebrand. I think. I think like the thing is remembered. All Right Hay never was meant to be my name. It's what people called me, Like obviously the channel name was all Right Hay, but I was always Matt. And then about three months into doing YouTube, I remember someone coming up to meet the shops and going, are you all right Hey? And then that happened a few more times and I was like, oh my god, everyone thinks I'm alright Hay. So then I had to like adopt it at the time and I really leant into it and now I'm like, you know, I would love to, but also Matt is just like not very unique, you know what I mean. Like, I think it's something a bit more us.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna have to rebrand and change your name like legally, well I.
Speaker 2: Think I'll just wait till I get married. Oh yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, like you know, are you're gonna put it on your tombstone like your name or is it going to be all right?
Speaker 3: Hey, I think it was Australia's biggest glamor.
Speaker 2: I think it would be like a real name and then in quotations all right, hey, your status big glamazone. But also even we should talk about rebranding actually in our Close Brew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got to talk about I've got a few rebrands that I've spotted lately from Australian businesses and brands, so we can talk about that.
Speaker 2: As well, because I've got some questions for you as as a as a brand owner. I've got some questions because it's actually been something i've been thinking about, this whole transition sort of thing. But we'll get to that on Friday in our Close Friends episode. So make sure you stick around for that. But anyway, the point is Nicki Minaja's concert was ended up and canceled. She took too long getting over. Everyone had to exit, and everyone had to exit. And here's the kicker. They're all getting a refund. There's not even a reschedule. It's just it's.
Speaker 3: Good at least. I feel like when you hear concert cancelations, like people are usually.
Speaker 2: Like, give us our money back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's good at least they' getting it back. But that's a bummer. Yeah, imagine all the outfits.
Speaker 1: They would have spent money on an accommodation and flights and all that fucking shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't get a refund on that.
Speaker 2: No, but hopefully, but I think i'd I'd prefer to see the concert though. Yeah, I prefer a rescheduling, but unfortunately it just got canceled. But hopefully she comes to Australia soon. I'm very excited. I know we've heard some rumblings in the media this week that Beyonce is coming.
Speaker 3: I did hear.
Speaker 2: Oh, everyone's shut up.
Speaker 3: She really is and she's too good for us.
Speaker 2: Honestly, here's the thing. Every six months, some stupid Melbourne radio show goes Beyonce's Coming, Beyonce's coming to Australia. Everyone Beyonce is coming, and the world goes into pandemonium and everyone in Australia is like, Beyonce's coming. Where is the proof if you actually listen to it? They go, Ah, the stadium's booked in October, so it must be Beyonce. It's probably Ed Sheeran. Let's not get our hopes up. You know what I mean, poor Ed?
Speaker 3: But what did he do to you?
Speaker 2: I bought a ticket to his concert to see Barcelona played live. He didn't even bloody sing it. Then he sung it the next night in Brisbane. So see when he brought out Eminem? No so hot he is? He is? Ellie go Google girl? Can you please get up photos.
Speaker 1: Eminem's daughter Hayley just got married to who her husband?
Speaker 2: I don't know who she is.
Speaker 1: He shung about her in all of her babes.
Speaker 2: I was, I'm a little faggot, like I wasn't listening to Eminem hot? Like I went to an Eminem concert though?
Speaker 5: Did you like?
Speaker 1: Maybe more so like these days? But it's like his stage presence and stuff makes him like really hot.
Speaker 2: See you can see it. I'm loving early by the way that you typed in Eminem shirtless, just to really get the point across to me, it's not even him with no shirt on. He's just hot.
Speaker 1: And also like, look up now Eminem's daughter's wedding. He looks the same age as he's looked our whole life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let's have a look at some recent photos. But I'll tell you what he's got. The black hair. Now, I'll tell you what. He looks like, a skinny Adam Sadler. But that is your type, isn't it. See I'm looking at Eminem thinking is that the husband or Eminem?
Speaker 1: That's Eminem.
Speaker 2: He looks good for his ass. But look at this photo here, Yeah, that one? What's that one? Yeah, that's not a good hat.
Speaker 3: I don't like that hat.
Speaker 2: Comes down to the hat, I will say, in his young years, those photos that we were just looking at from back in you know, the two thousands. I'm looking at him thinking, God, he's very Newcastle.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's why I like him.
Speaker 1: And also like, here is a photo of Eminem his daughter, Hailey. Remember when he sung about Haley in his songs, like now she's all grown up?
Speaker 3: And married. But imagine the pressure on this poor husband if.
Speaker 1: He fucks up. Eminem is his father in law. Like, there is no fucking up. You will get a whole album written about you.
Speaker 2: By the way, I suggest all our scrollers, the husband's hot too. I was going to say, look up the photos for the wedding because the husband. I mean, when you've got Eminem and the husband standing there, who are you saying's hotter? Oh? Come on, that's so easy.
Speaker 1: It's the Yeah, I feel like, looks why is the husband more my type?
Speaker 3: But it's Eminem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like there's a lot of other factors that come into Eminem.
Speaker 2: I don't get the appeal. But he did put on a great show. I did go to his concert.
Speaker 3: When was that.
Speaker 2: It was an outdoor concert, so it would have been at a stadium of some sort. How long ago I would say, like sometime between twenty twelve and twenty fifteen. Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Invite me.
Speaker 2: We got free tickets, so yeah, we didn't. I wasn't going to anyway.
Speaker 3: Love Eminem, love you well, Matt. It appears there is a scam.
Speaker 2: Okay, everything is a scam.
Speaker 1: Everything, and this scam is laser hair removal. So all of you out there who get laser hair removal, I'm sure you will find this video relevant that I saw on TikTok.
Speaker 5: Laser hair removal companies need to literally explain themselves because at this point, I think we're all realizing that it was a scam, a pair of a scheme.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I have never met a single person who was satisfied with their laser hair removal. I myself literally probably went to like eleven sessions and it did something for like while I was doing it.
Speaker 2: Now two years later, girl, I might.
Speaker 5: As well never have even done it, because the situation is right back where it was.
Speaker 3: So this is what everyone's talking about in social media.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot about this lately.
Speaker 1: And I myself have never had laser hair removal.
Speaker 2: Neither of I. But I think the premisere right that they said ten years ago laser hair remember was like you only need six I remember.
Speaker 1: When it came out in high school, and like one of my friends in high school, she was really quite hairy, like she had really thick, dark hair. So she was the girl in like year eight that like was going to get laser and I remember that coming out and her saying like I only need to get like eight sessions or whatever and then it's all gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's been a thing for ten years.
Speaker 3: It's been a lot longer.
Speaker 1: Than ten years, Matty Ate, that's like fucking how long ago?
Speaker 3: Who knows how long ago?
Speaker 1: But yeah, the general consensus is and it maybe some of our scrollers who get laser can let us know, have any of you gone to get laser on whatever area of your body and you've gone and got your eight sessions or your ten and then has your hair actually been gone and never come back? Yeah, because people that I know that get laser have been getting it for years. Like make it make sense, Like isn't it meant to get rid of the hairs?
Speaker 2: But it's the thing. It's hard to talk about this because I've never obviously had laser. You've never had laser, Ellie, have you had laser? You have had layser? What's your experience with laser?
Speaker 4: Okay, producer Ellie here, I did get laser when I was in high school, which is like a long time ago. I never since I got it, so maybe I had four sessions around the body, you know, and there's certain areas I'll talk about and won't, but on my underarms I have never had to really shave them since.
Speaker 3: Oh good see.
Speaker 1: But then the theory is because they're saying now that these laser places now apparently they do it really lightly on purpose, and like people are speculating that maybe they're doing it not at its full potential to keep the clients coming back. And then I saw another video of a girl saying she'd been going to this one place for years, and when she would go to get it done, let's say it was on her leg or underarm, like within two seconds, like it was done. And then she went to this new place eventually, and then the lady did it really slow and like took her time with it, and she said, oh, why is that taken so long? Like the place I usually go, Like it just like did and it's done. And then she had this theory that maybe they were trying to like rip her off.
Speaker 4: I feel like I went when it was first, like you had to go. It was like you didn't just walk into somewhere at Westfield. I went to a proper like cosmetic place. That's when I got it done first. I've since gone and tried to get it done on my legs, like one of those kind of walking you know you yeah, like buy three packs.
Speaker 2: For fifty whatever it is, yeap.
Speaker 4: And if I showed you my legs, like there is a lot of hair on my legs, I didn't work on my legs with my underarms from way back in the day at work.
Speaker 1: Maybe the technology has cheapened out or become more scammy.
Speaker 2: I reckon you're onto something with that. They're like lowering the voltage or whatever.
Speaker 3: In order to keep them coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it does make sense, like like if Ellie's under arms are done and she's never had to shave them again. Well, if you do that to everyone, you're gonna run out of people, right, because not everyone also is gonna get laser. I do, I do. I mean, I'm obviously just making this up out of my own brain, but surely it's niche because like I mean, it's not something that everyone talks about. But not many people that I know get laser. In fact, coming to mind, like like I know people who get regular waxes. I don't know many people who get regular laser. I did have one friend who's a guy who got laser on his face for a while and it definitely like helped with hair growing back slower. But like now if he doesn't shave for two weeks, like he gets a lot of hair on his face. Because my thing is the only laser that I really would want or need is on my face because wearing makeup and having to shave like today for the pod, Like couldn't be bother shaving because why would I so, but when I did my shows the other week, like shaving every day, it took a harrowing toll on my skin. That would Yeah, shaving and especially your face. Your skin's so sensitive on the face. And then also but I heard that a man's face is the like what was the way to put it? Like, it's the most excruciating pain get to get on a male face. That's like as painful as it can get. And my pain threshold is very low, Like I am always like things that shouldn't hurt me. I'm like, oh, you know, so I was always too scared to get it. But if I could, I would get I would get laser on my face. Maybe need to try it out, Yeah, maybe just one session, see how it goes. But also I'm scared. That's my face, like what happens if you know, something goes wrong, and that's my face ruined, not the thing.
Speaker 1: I have my eyebrows tattooed, and it's from I want to say seven years ago or eight years ago, and it's faded a lot, but I remember when I got it done. It was meant to be temporary, like semi permanent or whatever they call it, and like seven or eight years later, like it's still there, and then I want to get it taken out just because like it's barely there. But it is kind of thing, and there's two ways that you can have it removed. You can have it laysered off like a laser tattoo removal kind of thing, but for your face. Or they can inject saline into the skin and then it pushes the diet out. But they inject the saline and then they have to cut your skin so that it can like come out. I just purely so that's I went to like a laser place near us and they just do like a little test thing like for you to feel it and also to see. So they just did like the tail of my eyebrow, and it didn't make a difference because it's another one of those things where you have to like go back a few times. But even then, like I haven't gone back, Like I could go back and then like start this sessions and you do so many to lighten it. But I just think, like, surely having lasers near our fucking eyes cannot be good for me. Like that's what I'm scared of it, even though it's like a different laser. Yeah, you do, you put on the little goggles, but even then I'm like, I don't know, like I'm too scared to go not for the fact that it's a laser, but like the fact that it's near my eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it freaks me out.
Speaker 3: So I haven't gone back.
Speaker 2: Did it hurt?
Speaker 1: It felt like a rubber band flicking against your Yeah, that's what everyone says, So yeah, that's exact feeling.
Speaker 2: Like literally, See then I'm like, you know, people who get their certain areas, certain private areas of their body lasered, I'm thinking you're getting your You're getting that hit with a rubber band. I mean, maybe it feels good to some people, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But the other thing for me as well, Matt, like as everyone knows, like I don't think I'm fucking better than the next person or whatever when it comes to having a social media following online, But when I do go places, it's pretty common that people will know who I am, and so I don't. I don't have a story, but I'm avoiding a story because say, for example, I'm going to a nail salon or I go get my eyebrows wax somewhere, like the chances, especially with young women working in the clinic or whatever, they're gonna know who I am. And so the reason why I've never gone to get laser down there is because I'm I cannot fucking imagine taking off my undies in front of someone that fucking follows me online and them staring at my vagina and then them friends going Britney Saunders came in today and I did laser on her vagina.
Speaker 2: And they're making a TikTok here's a story about how I lasered Britney Lee Saunda's vagina.
Speaker 1: No, I couldn't, And that's why I have never gone to get laser in that area for that fucking reason.
Speaker 2: Then my thing is, let's think about some of the big, big celebs and private people sure we name anyone, because I feel like it was like it's like it's a bit weird to be talking about some celebs parts. But just imagine, like, just think of a big celebrity scrollers. Okay, well if Kim's getting laser on her.
Speaker 3: Bumhole, well well they do hear bumhole too.
Speaker 2: I think Kim's more of a bleachert bleached, surely, but they.
Speaker 1: Would have private people that work for them that just do that, and then it would it would feel they'd have to sign a fucking contract.
Speaker 2: Imagine that being that person though. Imagine being that person. I think a bleaching Kim Kardashians.
Speaker 1: But I think anyone that is in that industry, and if any of you are laser they call it technicians.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like.
Speaker 1: That's just their job, the same way a surgeon's job is just a surgeon. Like, I don't think they would look at it that way. Yeah, surely, but still I don't want one of my fucking scrollers looking at my asshole.
Speaker 2: Pull on the skins and I listen to the pod. Oh my god, I imagine imagine, imagine imagine being there and get see what's worse. Instead of them being like, oh hey, straight away. What would be worse is if picture this. You're laying there, she's laser in the vagina, and then Spotify changes to the next and it's our it's our pod, I'm gonna high scholars podcast. Imagine of your favorite group chat and you're getting flicked with a rubber band while you're listening to your own and what do you do? What do you say? No? I can't mortifying honestly, But anyway, that's a that's an interesting point. What a shame you've got a following so you can't get your vagina? I don't know what a shame.
Speaker 1: Well, another episode done, and I really enjoyed this episode.
Speaker 2: Matt me too. I think it was a really fun one. It's because, as I said at the start, my egoes through the roof. I'm in a good mood.
Speaker 3: Than she gonna have to like your videos every week?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely. Hey, I got a notification earlier today. My screen time remember last week, all the week before it was very low.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I had someone DM me that said that their screen time was.
Speaker 3: Like two hours.
Speaker 1: Nice and she said it was because she's like studying and like doing all.
Speaker 3: This sorts of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, fair enough, gardening. I think so I was interested, love that for you. We did post a video on TikTok about the things I said about nurses, which as soon as as soon as that, fuck I know, because for those who don't know, we don't run. We don't run the high scrollers. Brittany and I don't run the high scrollers. TikTok account noverdes So they just go a bit rogue and post whatever they want. They post what they think is going to get the best reaction from people. And of course I've gone on and the thing with podcast clips is so many of the times out of context of the episode. Fuck, I sound like a twitch like I just sound ridiculous that anyway, all the nurses in the comments going, we actually don't go and scroll all on our phones. We actually are saving lives. I get it, babe.
Speaker 1: I wait, no, someone said, Isabelle said, nurse here, I'm currently scrolling at work.
Speaker 2: I love that, Thank you, Isabelle. But yeah, everyone was like, yeah, too busy actually doing work to be able to scroll. Because I'm sorry if you're a nurse who does your job. But I'm still sure that there are some out there like Isabelle who are you know, go for a little bit too long of a toilet break and they're in there scrolling. Anyway, my screen time this week went up and I got it, probably.
Speaker 3: Bad because I was sick for like two to three days.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, said. It was up forty percent last week for an average of eight hours and eleven minutes a day. Still pretty good, I reckon, Still pretty low?
Speaker 3: Where do I see it again?
Speaker 2: Oh? Who cares? Again? I just want to talk about me?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's it.
Speaker 2: Everyone. Make sure you rate us five stars and leave a review. Please appreciate your listening. Make sure you subscribe on all the notifications. I'm sure you've already done it. But if you knew here, port your lives out honestly where you're being bitch, you can follow us everywhere else.
Speaker 3: For me, just search Britney Sanders and.
Speaker 2: For me just search all right, hey, anyway, Joe, or you just search Matt Matt search. That might work. You'll come up with a hundred other boring bitches before me. Anyway, d'la better let you go. I've got to go get my vagina lazers