Speaker 1: On sky Leeds Australia. This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panehy Show. Coming up tonight, a stellar lineup of guests covering the day's biggest stories. Gary Hartgrave with the latest on the election campaign and the David and Glyf battle in Queensland where the local community is fighting back against eight Renewables. Giant, the Great Douglas Murray will be with me shortly to discuss everything from the Middle East to the Netflix series Adolescence, and Army Horowitz will have the latest from the US and Left is Losing. It features a Star Wars actor bagging Star Wars were being too white.
Speaker 3: Star Wars always had the viable being in the most whitest elite space. This is a franchise, so why that's like a black person existing in that was something.
Speaker 2: But first a massive blow for the Albanezy government today after Donald Trump's a base tariff rate of ten percent on Australia as part of Liberation Day.
Speaker 4: With today's actions, we're also standing up for our great farmers and ranchers who are brutalized by nations all over the World's brutalized Canada, by the way, imposes a two hundred and fifty to three hundred percent tariff on many of our dairy products. Australia bands and they're wonderful people and wonderful everything, but they ban American beef. Yet we imported three billion dollars of Australian beef from them just last year alone.
Speaker 2: The Prime Minister had this to say in response.
Speaker 5: The administration's tariffs have no basis in logic and they go against the basis of our two nations partnership.
Speaker 6: This is not the act of a friend.
Speaker 2: And this is how Opposition leader Peter Darton responded.
Speaker 7: The focus that we should have as a gount term and as an alternative government is to do a deal on that as quickly as possible so that we can reduce the impact on Australians, on our industry and on our export capability.
Speaker 2: Joining me now for more on this as Sky News contributor Gary Hardgrave, Gary, none of this should be a surprise. This is the America First policy Trump campaigned on, and the Alberanzi government has botched the response. Donald Trump is not even taking Anthony Albernizi's phone calls. He'd know well what Australian politicians, including the Prime Minister and his ministers, have said about him over the years, and that hasn't helped our case.
Speaker 5: Look at it hasn't. There's no doubt about that. There is not a strong relationship between this prime minister and that president, and it's been set up by this Prime minister the blurting of all sorts of insights to him years ago as just really coming home to rust. But we also started a lot of this. You know, we started to bring in things like a GST on imported items that you brought through on mail ord out of places like the United States. So you know, from their point of view, they're saying, well, you know, you brought in a ten percent terrify on us, which is what basically they're seeing it as.
Speaker 8: So here's what on you.
Speaker 5: Look, you know, our farmers are in real peril and we should, I think, move this conversation onto what is really coming their way. The real cost to our farmers is the high cost of electricity, the high cost of government regulation and red tape. This is a government, the other and easy government that likes to just find new taxes to hurt people in new ways. They really don't have any commitment to the agricultural sector. For instance, they're talking about the same thing Kamala Harris talked about last year, and that is to have an unrealized capital gains tax. What's the first thing that they're targeting farmers. So if you own a block of dirt and you gras on it, the tax office each year is going to actually look and say what the value of that dirt is, and by the way, we're going to take up percent off you. These are the sorts of things we've got to get rid of that and cheaper electricity prices. And until we do, and until we put Australia first, then frankly, we really have nothing to complain about. I mean, the Americans are looking after themselves. I don't like what Trump's done, but he's looking after himself. It's playing well in America until I guess the price of Big Mexico up. It probably will.
Speaker 8: But reader, we are.
Speaker 5: Sitting lazily expecting the world to make a living for us. And until we start to look at how government costs and electricity prices are damaging all things in the supply chain, the production chain in this country. I don't think we're serious. The Prime Minister doesn't want you to look at that. He says, pick on Trump and vote against Darton to send a message to Trump. This is crazy politics. Crazy it is.
Speaker 2: It is crazy policy. It's infantile. It's aimed at the low information voter. But we need an Australia first policy right here and starting with our energy policy. That would be fantastic to see. I'll be speaking to Army Horowitz shortly about the tariffs a little bit more and what's to come next Now to what is being described in the Australian newspaper as the ultimate David versus Goliath case. Rainforest Reserves Australia, a small charity based in North Queensland, is taking the Federal government and an Andrew Forest Back Renewable Energy Company to court over a plan sixty nine turbine wind farm, located five kilometers from the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, Gary. This project is set to involve the clearing of around six hundred hectares of land home to koalas and others vulnerable species. How did the Environment Minister Tania Plevisek ever approve this project.
Speaker 5: Well, amongst the many projects he approved within days of becoming the minister. This project stands out. There's another one near Low Discreek, northwest of Rockhampton. I spoke to a conservationist, a photographer yesterday on the radio on FOROURBC here in Brisbane and he made that point that one hundred and eighty koalas have already been displaced and there is a project to put up twenty five million dollar wind turbines. This project is costing everybody a lot of money through higher electricity prices, but it's killing and wiping off the tops of mountains because there's not a great lot of breeze on the plains in Queensland compared to some other parts of the world. And yet they're applying a European standard to Australia. So they lock the top off the mountains, they kill off the koala habitat, they pollute the creeks with all the debris that gets thrown down in the creeks, that washes out on the Great Barrier reef, and reader they don't have to follow any of the environmental laws. Every farmer, every householder, every other council whatever around Australia has to follow. Renewable energy prietors can do what they done well, like to the environment and the federal government Pliversec in particular Bowhen as well, but Elbows allowing it to happen have just signed off on it. They just don't get it. And the one at Lotus Creek near Rockhampton is going to produce zero point five of a percent of the electricity needs of Queensland. This is just parendous and we should be angry about it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. And to see Tony Pliversec approved a renewal project like this is just going to destroy hundreds of hectares of forests. But she then rejects a billion dollar gold mine on the basis of a contested indigenous blue banded b story, a project that would have provided hundreds of millions in royalties to the New South Wales government, hundreds of well paid jobs in a regional area that desperately needs it. It is madness. Now before you go, I'm interested in your take on this. Watch here. As a female fencer, Stephanie Turner was immediately disqualified and expelled from a USA fencing event after she refused to compete against a transgender oppoement, Redmond Sullivan, who used to compete in the men's competition. She took her knee. Gary, I absolutely applaud her stance here. Every female athlete should do something similar. Shame on the sporting body there for punishing her the way they have. But it is just patently unfair to expect a female athlete to compete at an elite level, any level, against a competitor that identifies as female but is biologically male.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's a new hero reader. I found this out at primary school. Well, you know, in year three, the boys didn't compete against the girls. The girls had their comp the boys had theirs. Because the boys, we're going to play a different game to the girls. What's changed, Nothing except the wokeness that's destroying civil society across the West.
Speaker 1: It's crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Gary Hardgrove, thank you so much for your time. Joining me now is best selling author Douglas Murray. His latest book on democracies and death cults, Israel and the Future of Civilization, will be released in just a few days. Douglas, Let's start in the US, where President Trump has declared today Liberation Day as he imposes reciprocal tariffs on countries including Australia. Meanwhile, the Democrats post election meltdown is reaching new lows with Corey Booker's twenty five hour anti Trump speech.
Speaker 9: I confess that I've been inadequate to the moment. I confess that the Democratic Party has made terrible mistakes that it given wayne to this demogogue Douglas.
Speaker 2: Where you left inspired by that record breaking performance.
Speaker 6: Well, I was slightly in awe of Corey Booker's vervocity. It's obviously remarkable even for him to be able to sustain that for twenty five hours. Of course, however, everyone knows filibusters are effectually the.
Speaker 1: Weakest form of politics.
Speaker 6: They don't rely on argument, they don't rely on persuasion, they don't rely on reason, They rely on a kind of rhetorical brute force and the longevity of the speaker. I mean, it's a remarkable thing to see this applauded as we've just seen there. It's a feat, as I say, but it's also a defeat. It's a defeat because the Democrats should be able to be coming up with their own arguments and their own policies that could persuade the American electorate in a little under two years time. That they deserve to have control of the House and the Senate. And nothing that we've heard from the Democrats really since the election of Donald Trump has been anything really other than a kind of filibustering and a sort of online attention seeking. There's no meat to the bone of anything they've said. It's just this kind of It's not even politics, is it. It's just a sort of student grade rebellion.
Speaker 2: It's performative, isn't it. It's a bit of a performance element to it. And it's no surprise that the Democrats in Congress right now have a twenty one percent approval rating, another record there, and the left in the US seems to be in crisis. They keep listening to the most voices in and out of the party. And Ellie Misstelle maybe an example.
Speaker 10: Every law passed before in the nineteen sixty five Voting Rights Act should be presumptively unconstitutional. Right, But because before the nineteen sixty five Voting Rights Act we were functionally in apartheid country, not everybody who lived here could vote here, So why should I give about some law that some old white men passed in the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 2: Of course, the view makes another appearance. What do you make of that call Douglas laws written by old white men in the nineteen twenties, Well, that should just be disregarded.
Speaker 6: I always like to when you see performative idiots like that doing their thing, I always like to sort of try and just take it and see if it would work any other way around.
Speaker 1: Is there any country on earth that you would allow.
Speaker 6: Someone to say these laws don't matter because they were written by black men.
Speaker 1: I can't think of it.
Speaker 6: It would see rather distasteful, my ears. It would sound rather demogogic. Rather even you might say racist. Why is it that someone like this clown thinks and he only gets a career because this is basically his only shtick is he thinks that if he's as racist as possible against white people and keeps sort of reminding everyone that he's black, that he somehow wins.
Speaker 1: But that isn't an argument. That's just racist demagoguery.
Speaker 6: And as I say, you know, find me a place where dismissing old black men, for instance, was regarded as being a good argument, a reasonable argument, a persuasive argument. This guy is as ridiculous as he looks, And I don't think we need to pay much heed to him. He's dismissed himself by the words he uses and by the racism that he likes to scream.
Speaker 2: Yes, whilst supposedly fighting racism. Now, let's talk about the Middle East, and there are growing fears that if world powers are unable to quickly reach a new agreement with the Iranian regime over its nuclear program, then a military confrontation is almost inevitable. There are reports that the US and Israel are coordinating a major strike against Iran, and it all depends on whether Tehran will come to the negotiation negotiating table. Douglas. Iran's denies it's seeking nuclear weapons, but Western powers know well that the nuclear program is just a disguised effort to develop a bomb and atomic bomb, and the Iranian regime is crazy enough to actually use it.
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean as the Iranian revolutionary governments pretends that it's simply seeking weapons raid uranium in order to build a civilian and nuclear energy facility is something that nobody but an apologist for the regime could possibly agree with.
Speaker 1: It's been trying to get a nuclear bomb for many years now.
Speaker 6: The only reason that it hasn't is because of significant largely covert action taken against them that has slowed that weapons program down.
Speaker 1: If the crazy uranium mullahs.
Speaker 6: In Tehran actually ever did get a weapon, the world would be the Middle East and then the wider world would be an incredibly peralleous situation, the most dangerous situation we've been in since nineteen forty five, because nobody knows how you do nuclear detone, that is nuclear deterrence against an end times Harmanist ideologue regime like that which has been a pressing Iran for the last forty something years.
Speaker 1: It's an incredibly dangerous corner. It has.
Speaker 6: It's been a corner that we've been at for many years. One of the remarkable things, many remarkable things that the Shiai extremists in Tehran have been doing just in recent days, has been that members of that so called government have been threatening the United States, threatening the United States with Italian with Iranian retaliation, with Iranian retaliation if the Americans.
Speaker 1: Don't do what they want.
Speaker 6: Clearly, the revolutionary Islamic government in Iran thinks it holds the cards here, but nobody could really say it does. But if people love the rhetoric that comes out of Tehran and has been coming out of Tehran since nineteen seventy nine. If they love the rhetoric that comes out of it at the moment, you know, the death to America, death of the Infidels stuff, they'll love how the revolutionary Islamic government and Terran behaves if it never had a nuclear bomb.
Speaker 2: Well, you just do not know what they are capable of. You look at how they have oppressed and brutalized their own population, as you've said, for more than forty years since the Islamic Revolution, and that is one regime that if they had the bomb, they may well use it. Let's go to the UK now and the bizarre influence of a Netflix series that this Netflix series seems to be setting government policy. Kissed Starma released this two minute video announcing that the series Adolescence would be free in secondary schools across the UK and Douglas Labor is using this drama and it is a drama about young men being radicalized online to help but formulate policy.
Speaker 1: It's an extraordinary thing.
Speaker 6: Kirs Starmer has been laboring under the misapprehension that the Netflix series Adolescence is in fact a documentary. It's true that it's filmed rather documentary style, but you'd have to be pretty idiotic to think that's what it is. It could have just been a slip of the tongue by kids Starmer.
Speaker 1: What's not a slip of the tongue.
Speaker 6: Is treating it as if this semi interesting, very well acted series is the sort of thing you should announce government policy on the back of. I mean, here's a really strange thing about this. Kiss Starmer and other British politicians trying to leap on the sort of Netflix binge bandwagon have been behaving as if we have an epidemic in the UK of thirteen year old white boys stabbing girls because of Andrew tape videos they've seen online and I don't know what fantasy world they live in. There are all sorts of concerns people should have about online content and young people's access to it.
Speaker 1: They are all sorts of.
Speaker 6: Concerns people should have about certain online influencers pushing very very ugly ideas about women and misleading them in the early informative years of their lives. But you know, the thing that everyone has just ignored is the fact that that isn't an epidemic in the UK. The UK, by the way, is very good at moral panics about things that don't exist. About what Twelve years ago we had the moral panic led by people like LBC in London that a secret cabal of prominent military and political chiefs had been getting together for years to rape and mutilate and murder children.
Speaker 9: And guess what.
Speaker 6: It turned out not to be true. It turned out that one person who it was himself subsequently convicted of pedophile offenses, had made.
Speaker 8: It all up.
Speaker 1: But the British media and indeed parliamentarians.
Speaker 6: Went for it.
Speaker 1: They went in this massive moral panic.
Speaker 6: Ah, are our generals and former cabinet ministers a secret pedophile about?
Speaker 1: The Britain is very.
Speaker 6: Used to this sort of thing in the modern ere. It seems uniquely vulnerable to it. But here's a challenge to Netflix and indeed to Kire Starmer. We do have an epidemic of knife crime in the UK, and we have an epidemic of it in the capital city of London. And you know, if you look at the knife crime statistics in London in recent years, you see a very alarming thing. Indeed, black on black young gang violence in the capital city of the UK has been an.
Speaker 1: Actual epidemic in recent years.
Speaker 6: The majority of knife crimes committed in London is committed by young black men.
Speaker 1: Now they formed.
Speaker 6: The black community in London is around thirteen percent of the population, but they have consistently in recent years represent more than sixty percent of people committing knife crimes. And guess who the largest number of people are who are on the receiving ends of those knives and machetes, other young black men. That's a real epidemic and it's a real problem. It's something that's actually going on. But you know, I bet we could hold our breath for the moment that Netflix will decide to address that, and we'll have to hold our breath until the Prime Minister addresses it, because neither the Prime Minister nor the highly distracted Mayor of London, Sadik Khan, have done.
Speaker 1: Anything to address this. They don't even care to talk about it.
Speaker 6: There will be no Netflix documentary that Starmer or Khan can see that people should watch in British schools about black on black gang violence because it's a real thing.
Speaker 1: It'll never get made and they'll continue to cover it up.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Or perhaps a Netflix series on young men being radicalized by Bislamists. We've had several stabbings because of that. Allegedly we've got one before the courts right now. And also the entire grooming gang scandal. I mean, where's the Netflix series on that. These are real epidemics that have occurred in the UK and they're ignored and supposedly, ye thirteen year old white boys are a danger to the nation. Before you go over, got to ask you about Prince Harry. His charity center Bali is in turmoil. The Duke of Sussex has stepped away from the charity last week as the the head of the foundation accused him of harassment and bullying at Scale and Douglas. You won't be shocked to learn that a lot of the turmoil is supposedly due to Meghan. Harry reportedly sent an angry message to the charity head because she had refused to defend Meghan Markel following these embarrassing scenes at a charity polo match in April twenty twenty four. This is not a good look for Prince Harry, is it.
Speaker 6: I mean, nothing says down to Earth more than a row over a polo tournament.
Speaker 1: It's very ugly.
Speaker 6: I have to say, because somebody observed today in the Spectator magazine, most of these Harry Meghan scandals are sort of a scandal that occurs, or something very unways that occurs, and it just sort.
Speaker 1: Of diminishes over time.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, the charity from the Soto who Prince Harry was involved with very nobly to have done. So everything we've actually found out about the breakdown of relationships between him and his own charity, it just gets worse and worse, and all of the information that's coming out from that charity of the people in Africa have actually been.
Speaker 1: Involved with it is more and more concerned.
Speaker 6: There is one upside, of course to the Prince, the Duke and indeed his Duchess, which is that if the bad news keeps on coming out, at least they've got Meghan's latest invention to console them. Because I don't know if you've noticed a Rita, but Meghan has not been silent in recent times.
Speaker 1: She's been working on something, a.
Speaker 6: Totally new thing, and it's called jam, and she is selling jam and it seems to be, in herview, almost the first time that anyone's made jam. And you can buy Meghan Jam and It's apparently absolutely delicious according to Meghan, and so if the dire media stories continue, at least the Sussexes console themselves with a lovely pot of original jam that's definitely made with Meghan's own hands.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's really how we're going to solve world peace. I think one jam jar at a time. Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time tonight. Thank you still to come left these losing it. Plus we'll have the latest from the US where today Mega became Mawah Naked America wealthy again. The horror Witz has the details. Welcome back. It's time for lefties losing it. I must confess I have never seen a Star Wars film or Star Trek film. Couldn't tell you if there is a difference between the two. And it's just as well that I have been spared these movies because, according to the lefty star of the latest franchise, John Boyega, Star Wars fans are racist, white elitist and the film has occupied the whitest space they're pandering.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, Star Wars always had the viable being in the most whitest elite space. This is a franchise is so white that it's like a black person existing in That was something and you can always tell it something. When some Star Wars fans tried to say, well, you know, we had Lando Calrissian and had Sammie l.
Speaker 1: Jackson, it's like telling.
Speaker 3: Me how many cookie chips are on the cookie though I'm like, brother, it's just they just that in.
Speaker 1: Their broad they're okay with us playing the best friend.
Speaker 3: But once we touched the heroes, once we leave, once we Trailblazers, like, oh my god, it's just a bit too much.
Speaker 2: Now, feel like a cookie. That was a bit of a odd analogy, wasn't it? To DC now, where Republican politicians are fighting back against the soy boy lefty protesters and they are being savage. Here is Tim Burchett.
Speaker 5: Do you trust some.
Speaker 6: From's National security team to keep our work plan on this top secret?
Speaker 7: Do you trust your mother every night to fix your hot pockets and make sure your game boy is turned on?
Speaker 2: Oh my word, he said, Do you trust your mama Avery and I to fix your hot pockets and make sure your game boy is turned on? Brilliant? Brilliant. And here is Jim Banks being accosted by a left wing activists who has been sacked from his tax pay role.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 11: I was a worker at HHS, so I was fired illegally on February fourteenth.
Speaker 12: Are there many people who are not getting social service, especially people with disabilities?
Speaker 10: Are you going to do anything to stop what's happening?
Speaker 8: You probably deserved it.
Speaker 1: I deserved it. I deserved it. Wow.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's great to hear.
Speaker 1: Why why did I deserve it?
Speaker 12: Because you seem like a clown?
Speaker 13: Okay, sir, you shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 2: Oh, he shouldn't have said that. I bet he's really sorry now that there is a medium meltdown about that interaction. Just how sorry are you, Jim?
Speaker 1: I won't back down.
Speaker 12: I won't apologize for it. I support President Trump and the DOGE effort one hundred percent to cut wasteful spending and woke jobs out of the federal government.
Speaker 1: And we're just getting started.
Speaker 12: The Democrats and the left wing media have lost their minds because I told a left wing activist in the halls of the Senate office buildings yesterday what I really thought a clown is a clown who's chasing senators through the halls with a cell phone complaining about losing a left wing, woke job in the federal government that have never been a job to begin with.
Speaker 2: He is not sorry at all, and nor should he be, because despite the media lies, the Department of Government Efficiency is not cutting welfare other than to one hundred and fifty year old recipients. Watch this CNN host Abby Phillips being fact checked on our own program.
Speaker 13: He came to the state, he talked about cutting medicaid, social security through DOGE bring those issues up, actually never talked.
Speaker 8: He explicitly said agree he would not cut some security. We exactly what he said at his rally. No other people said about that, but I was there. I watched him.
Speaker 13: He did not say other people at his rallies, who work for dogs, who worked for Elon Musk's organization, talked about those issues.
Speaker 8: No, I was at the rally. They said that. That's what protesters said, but nobody there actually. So you think that there are risks here, there are people believe the lives of That's not at all what they said. If people believe that medicaid medicares can be touched, that's a flat, right, upright life. What he talked about are people whoever one hundred twenty years old? Wow, clearly or not all the lies?
Speaker 2: They're not even alive, Abby, They're not even alive one hundred and twenty year old welfare recipients. Meanwhile, the Democrats are embarrassing themselves with more meltdowns. The post election mass meltdown has not stopped. Watch here as Senator Corey Booker manages to speak for twenty five hours straight in a completely pointless filibuster, A twenty five hour, NonStop tantrum about Donald Trump Elon Musk. It is embarrassing.
Speaker 9: What do I want for my fellow Americans? Do better than me, do better than we in this body. We are flawed and failed people. When is it going to be enough? My voice is inadequate, My efforts today are inadequate to stop what they're trying to do. But we the people are powerful, We are strong. We have changed history, we have bet the arc of the moral universe. And now is that moral moment again? It's the moral moment again. God bless America.
Speaker 10: We need you now.
Speaker 2: Just hours upon hours of blustering, performative craziness, not even a toilet break throughout all that. I wonder if it was wearing an adult nappy, and they wonder why the Democrats in Congress have an approval rating of twenty one percent. Now to another delicious case of instant coma. Let's first listen to this lefty boast about his hacking and doxing efforts against Conservatives.
Speaker 1: Yes, I docked the truckers.
Speaker 10: I did it.
Speaker 14: It was me.
Speaker 1: I had to give some go baby, and I do it again?
Speaker 14: Can I do it times?
Speaker 1: I did it? I did it.
Speaker 8: Come at me?
Speaker 2: What are you to do? What are you to do today? What are you gonna do to me?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 2: Charge you with various offenses.
Speaker 15: Arrested in charged with stealing data from the Texas Republican Party. According to a press release from the Department of Justice, thirty seven year old Aubrey Cottle faces multiple charges after allegedly hacking texasgp dot org back in twenty twenty one. Cottle is accused of downloading a backup of the web server and sharing personal and other sensitive information. The charges were filed in an Austin federal court. If convicted, he faces five years in prison in the US and could also face additional charges in Canada.
Speaker 2: Now today was sdopped Liberation day when Mega became MAWA make America Wealthy again.
Speaker 4: April second, twenty twenty five will forever be remembered as the day American industry was reborn, the day America's destiny was reclaimed, and the day that we began and to make America wealthy again.
Speaker 8: Going to make it wealthy, good, and wealthy.
Speaker 2: And President Trump emphasized this is about equality. America will no longer be enriching the world at the expense of its own industries and citizens.
Speaker 4: It's our declaration of economic independence. For years hard work in American citizens were forced to sit on the sidelines as other nations got rich and powerful, much of it at our expense. But now it's our turn to prosper and in so doing, use trillions and trillions of dollars to reduce our taxes and pay down our national debt. And it'll all happen very quickly.
Speaker 2: And this message is nothing new. Donald Trump campaigned on it. It underpins the America First philosophy behind the entire Trump phenomenon, and indeed he's been talking about it for decades. Here he is talking about this back in nineteen eighty eight. What would you do differently, Donald.
Speaker 16: I'd make our allies forgetting about the enemies, the enemies you can't talk to so easily. I'd make our allies pay their fair share. It's not free trade. If you ever go to Japan right now and try to sell something, forget about it, open, just forget about it. It's almost impossible. They don't have laws against it. They just make it impossible. They come over here, they sell their cars, their VCRs. They knock the hell out of our companies. And hey, I have tremendous respect for the Japanese people. I mean, you can respect somebody that's beating the hell out of you, But they are beating the hell out of this country Kuwait. They live like kings. The poorest person in Kuwait they live like kings. And yet they're not paying. We make it possible for them to sell their oil. Why aren't they paying us twenty five percent of what they're making.
Speaker 8: It's a joke.
Speaker 2: Joining Mena's journalist and filmmaker Army Horoi's army. Much of the world, including right here in Australia, they're all acting shocked by today's announcement, but none of this should be a surprise.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, it's not a surprise. Look, how I feel about this really depends on really what's going on, and it's not one hundred percent clear exactly what the goal of the administration is. I think it will become clear over a period of time if this is it depends if it's tactical or strategic. I mean by that is, if this is a tactic, a tactic in order to get our partners to have fair trade, to stop dumping, to lower their tariffs, then I'm all for it. If it is strategic in the sense that this is an underpinning of a general economic philosophy that we have a problem here, and I think hearing mixed messages coming from administration. So look take Asia for example. So if you're talking about tariffing China, right the tariffs US that dumps their steel here, I'm all for that. But then you look at the tariffs that we're putting on Japan and Taiwan, who have very low teriff rates on US. It doesn't make any sense, right, It's actually going to hinder a trade with vital partnerships. If what Peter Nirvarro has been saying is in fact the philosophy of the administration, we have a problem. Peter Rivaro Vavarro is saying that that there's an actual adoration for tariffs themselves. He's saying tariffs are a driver of revenue, driver of jobs.
Speaker 8: He's gonna gonna cut our deficit.
Speaker 11: If that's actually the underpinnings of what they're doing, I'm not here for that, okay. It is If this is an admiration for tariffs themselves as an economic policy, that's a note for me, dog, because all that's going to do is create neo mercantilism. Again, trade is not a zero sum game.
Speaker 8: We have to trade with our partners.
Speaker 11: So it all depends where it's coming from, to be honest, and I'm not sure where.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Well, we'll soon find out. The Treasury Secretary has warned countries though around the world that if they want to retaliate, well, there will be consequences. He said, if you retaliate, there will be escalations. So these are supposed to be reciprocal tariffs, and so if other countries want to increase their existing tariffs on the US, you can see the US raising theirs further. Let's move on to another case of promises made promises. Kep you'd remember this exchange between the President and the governor of Maine.
Speaker 4: Is the mean here, the governor of Man, Are you not going to comply with it?
Speaker 8: Well, we are the federal law. Well you better do it.
Speaker 4: You better do it because you're not going to get any federal funding at all if you don't. And by the way, your population, even though it's somewhat liberal or I did very well there, your population doesn't want men playing in women's sports. So you better you better comply because otherwise you're not getting any federal funding.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 2: The Trump administration has followed through, announcing a pause and a review of federal funding to the state due to the governor's refusal to provide equal opportunities to women and girls in educational programs. USDA Secretary Brooks Roland said the state must agree to protect female athletes from transinclusion before funding is restored.
Speaker 11: Army, Yeah, it is unbelieve that exchange. I can listen to that exchange between him the Governormain all the livelong day. I love that, and it clarifies so much the reader. The Democrats continue to take the wrong side of seventy thirty issues. They lost an election because They've learned absolutely nothing. They're still attacking Trump and immigration still to this day, they are attacking his policies that the vast majority of Americans elected Trump on it because they want it, but they're still getting this wrong. This is another issue of that Americans. Do you do not want male athletes, biological males competing its women in sports.
Speaker 8: It's unfair, it's actually physically.
Speaker 11: Dangerous, as we've seen, Yet they continue to back these insane policies. Look, if you're on the federal dole, right, if you are an individual, if you are a university like Columbia, af your a state like Maine, if you're taking money from the federal government, let me tell you something. You are opening yourselves up to having an issue.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 11: Look, if you don't want to take money from the federal government, do.
Speaker 8: What you want.
Speaker 11: But if you are, you better comply and toll the line. The executive branch was pushing a certain policy, particularly one that most Americans care about. And the irony of all of this is that Title nine, which was created primarily to protect and female sports, was created primarily by the left back people. I remember what titleline first happened. People are the right actually were complaining about it. Yet these are the people the left who are trying to hollow out the meaning of what female is in general, and they're doing the opposite of protecting female sports. They're trying to destroy it altogether. It is crazy and they can continue to lose elections if they continue to go this direction.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, now am you yourself have been filming in Palestinian territories in the West Bank city of Ramala, and you asked in this next clip questions of young men about their thoughts on October seven. Let's see if they have learned anything from the catastrophe that has befallen Ghazans since that attack.
Speaker 8: You are proud of October seventh sports?
Speaker 2: Ma'm he's prove and then he says, God bless them and may.
Speaker 11: They have victimy are you proud of what happened October seventh?
Speaker 5: Sub School of Stubbuck?
Speaker 11: Are you willing to have what happened in Gaza happened here in this It's a sacrifice worth patsy.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: That is terrifying, but sadly not all that surprising.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Look, I went to the West Banks.
Speaker 2: I want to see.
Speaker 11: Look, we obviously saw what happened in Gaza, right, a retaliatory continue retaliatory war against Hamas and the palace that is in Gaza, who inflicted the deaths on the instruction and the Mayhem, the barbarous, the barbary.
Speaker 8: Of October seventh? They learned anything?
Speaker 16: Was there?
Speaker 8: Lesson learned?
Speaker 11: That's what I wanted to find out. And honestly, oftentimes, when I go and do these videos, you know, I've done them long enough where I pretty much know what my subjects are going to say to me. Right, I know the mind, the left of the Islamic mind. And in this case, actually, I gotta be honest, I wasn't sure. I thought that they've seen what happened with gods, the destruction that happened to Gaza, because they struck against Israel such a terrific, horrible way, and there were that one word, the one guy who was terrific. So I want to hey, do you want to continue the policy of Kamas here in the West Bank? And do you want to have more October seven? Do you want to slaughter more Jews, more innocent Israelis? And then, b what I want to know is did you learn a lesson?
Speaker 8: Are you scared.
Speaker 11: Are you willing to actually ask them this, Are you willing to sacrifice your cities in the West Bank like what happened in Gaza in order to kill innocent civilities? And I actually thought they might have said, yes, you know what. Look, as much as we hate Jews and hate these rallies, we didn't realize that, well, if you're going to do this, you're going to pay a significant price. And what I found out was the vast majority of everybody I spoke to under forty I focus on young people, they also they were willing to sacrifice tens and tens of thousands of their own.
Speaker 8: People in order to kill more Jews and more Israelis.
Speaker 2: What's terrifying, Ami. This is what's terrifying that I can say that destruction in Gaza and it still isn't enough to sway them against this mindset. Amy Horowitz, we've run out of time. Thank you so much for your time tonight, your pleasure still to come. And Netflix employees speak out about Meghan michaels Nightmare brand launch. Kinsey Schofield joins me with the details. Welcome back, joining me now. Celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield Kinsey. The Netflix staffers were working on the launch of Meghan Michael's new lifestyle brand as Ever, have let loose on what it's really like behind the scenes. What have they been saying?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 14: An insider told The Dailymail that Michael's launch was a logistical nightmare after the eleventh hour name chums from American reviewer Orchard to as Ever and people working the retail project were tired of the drama surrounding the Sussexes, especially with Santa Balle blowing up the way it did, you know, approaching this debut. But they were also I thought this was interesting. They were also all forced to sign NDAs to keep secret where the products, including her fruit spread, are being made. I want to stay as far away from that as possible so she doesn't have to worry about someone like me trying to figure out where the fruit's coming from.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness made there? Will we ever say the jams? Because we've heard so much about these foods, fruit spreads, these jams, and a couple of the celebrity friends have got a jar and that's about it. I mean, where is this product? How is this love of it actually going to be it also, no, what is a sellout? Kinsey? How many jars were actually sold?
Speaker 14: Because exactly, I think that it's the scarcity marketing tactic, or the artificial scarcity tactic, where they have the illusion of high demand by limiting supply. I don't think that you know there were thousands of Jones of anything sold. I think she had look at this Netflix article.
Speaker 13: They did it.
Speaker 14: They were worried about how many people would actually buy this. So I think that the supply of the product was incredibly small, so she could go on Instagram and say, thanks everybody, I'm sold out.
Speaker 2: Absolutely that if there was any sort of volume, they would be advertising that, they would be saying we sold out one hundred thousand jars in an hour. But we're not hearing those figures now. To further developments in the fallout between Prince Harry and the chair of his once beloved charity sent to Ballet, Kinzid Sophie Chandulka has became the chair back in twenty twenty three, She's made a series of damaging allegations against the Sussexes. Now she's being accused of playing the race card. Doesn't she know? Only Megan is allowed to do that exactly.
Speaker 14: Not only that, I love the fact that Harry and Meghan's team are briefing the Telegraph that she didn't actually go to school for this doctor title.
Speaker 2: It's honorary, as.
Speaker 14: If she shouldn't be using it because she didn't earn it.
Speaker 2: Meghan, you make us.
Speaker 14: Call you Duchess of Sussex. The hypocrisy is astounding. But the race baiting thing, yes, oh my gosh, pot meat kettle, the exact same scenario. And I don't know if you saw one of Prince Harry's friends from Eton speak on his behalf to the Daily Meal saying that doctor Sophie is simply just jealous of Meghan Markle because she wasn't the most important woman of color on the stage. I cannot believe that he would put that out into the universe.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. Yeah, that is playing the sort of games that they accuse the Royal Family of playing. Now let's talk about Morgan Wollen were discussing earlier in the wake. He's not capitalizing on the controversy surrounding that abrupt exit from Saturday Night Live. Shortly after he left the stage whilst the others were standing around for two minutes, I don't know, for some bizarre credits that they run there. He posted this on his Instagram account and now he's launched merchandise based on that caption.
Speaker 14: And I love this because he is still getting waged over the calls here in the stats, SNL cast meets coming out saying that he was a diva behind the scenes, saying that he pretty likely won't ever be invaded again, and he's just he's making a joke out of it.
Speaker 2: I love that about him.
Speaker 14: I think that he's I think he's clearly has a great sense of humor, and I hope that he sells a million of these tops.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: During Wednesday's episode of Michelle Obama's new podcast with her brother Craig Robinson, the former First Lady had a bit of a go at her husband baraque or is a parent lack of financial responsibility?
Speaker 3: Would you be attracted to a guy who's not financially sound when you meet him?
Speaker 10: I'm married one.
Speaker 1: Don't you like that?
Speaker 8: Allie's by just through.
Speaker 2: Oh Kinsey, This podcast looks terrible, But tell me, have we learned anything interesting? Apart from that little tidbit?
Speaker 14: I think if we're learning anything it's that this woman has little to no respect for her husband, who's put her in the position she's in to sell books to thousands of people and sit on a podcast and shoot that, you know what. With her brother, I think that she continues to disrespect him on this podcast, and I wonder what the ultimate objective is. I agree with people like Mariene Callahan that say she's trying to brand herself away from former President Obama and why because you don't want to be married to him forever. I think that that's a legit question.
Speaker 2: Well, that were rumors circulating very heavily for the last three or four months about whether they are together. He's appeared by himself at several events where you would expect her to be there, including President Jimmy Carter's funeral, So there's no wonder there's a little bit of scuttle but about that, Kinsey, it's always a pleasure. Thanks for your time tonight, and that's it from me. I'll see you tomorrow night at nine pm. Four Lefties Losing it Up. Next is Newsnight