Speaker 1: Good I'm morning Melbourne. It is Nomber one hundred. You are on the air with Jase and Lauren Reminus lost this morning. Poor things still away hopefully back on Monday. And remember you are listening out for the footy horn. When you hear it, get on the phone and you could be joining us at gather Round, which is always a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, but the Whiz joins us, good morning to your mate.
Speaker 1: Morning boys, A wizard's back in the house. And what we were going for? Four wins in a row? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 4: What are you on? You jumped on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on board jumped off? No, No, I didn't say that. I just said I'm on board the Hawks team.
Speaker 4: Oh please, you are so transaction.
Speaker 1: I used to go for the D's and then I realized their supporters were too wanky for me.
Speaker 3: Oh I just see him the other week going down the race after they lost a.
Speaker 1: Nine year Oh that was disgusting.
Speaker 4: What wasn't me? Don't look at me, but I would have given him my mind.
Speaker 1: Have a chat to your supporters. We and you know what else? Whiz like when it rains, they don't come.
Speaker 4: Out, they're sitting undercover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the stands normally the Tartan rugs over the battle.
Speaker 2: It's basically me. Okay, so you're heading to Tasmania. What's it like down there? Is it a good place for footy because it seems awfully cold all year round?
Speaker 3: It is normally cold. We got warm weather tomorrow which is good seasonal top of what I think so last time I checked. So we'll take that. It's it's a quiet place.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: We love going down there because a great sponsor for the club and we have a good record down there as well, so that helps. It does help. It's a bit of home territory and yeah, so yeah, it is quite when you go down there. There's not much really going on in lawn system.
Speaker 1: But are not going out tonight?
Speaker 3: No, definitely no going out spots in lawns.
Speaker 1: What happens when you're arrive, like the team will stay together for dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so rive do a bit of a captain's run on the oval and then see a few fans down there as well, and then go home and going back to the hotel.
Speaker 2: And Jason's ears pricked when you said dinner and buffet. Now, just paint a picture. What's in the buffet just past what's it's.
Speaker 1: Just a hotel buffet. Yeah, I'd be headless if I stand at the same hotel and your entire football team stood up to go the buffet first, I'd be like, that's my chance.
Speaker 4: Is it a dessert job as well? Do you get a little little treaty?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Not really, not not before a game. So when we come back to the hotel after the game, there's something special for us, but not before a.
Speaker 4: Game, something special waiting for pudding, pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's some some desserts there, but that's only forget the win as well.
Speaker 1: So what someone takes home to Timasu if.
Speaker 4: Pizza?
Speaker 1: No matter what.
Speaker 2: Hey Nikki, you're a big footy watcher, Like do you did you sit down and watch the footy last night?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yeah I did because I had a few mates playing out there, so went I didn't go watch. I just watched it from home, which is good.
Speaker 1: It's a messy match.
Speaker 3: It was a bit messy.
Speaker 1: Yeah it wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the best.
Speaker 3: Good to see and get over the line though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: During the week you had a visitor at the club, someone who brings back great Hawthorne memories. Buddy Franklin. What was it like, did you get a chance to sago out a bud?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: We had a footy clinic at Glenn Fairy Oval and got to see Buddy. Didn't really realize how Tolly was.
Speaker 4: To be honest, massive, is that the first time you've you've met him.
Speaker 3: That's the first time I sort of talk to him. I've sort of seen him, like he's come to the club once and but yeah, it's the first time. So I talked to him and I didn't. Yeah, I didn't realize how Tolly was.
Speaker 4: He should have get a bit nervous speaking to someone like that.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, because obviously whole childhood watching him go up kick snags and yeah, as I said, I didn't realize how Tolly was in person. You're sort of looking on TV you think he's just another key for but he's built massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big boy.
Speaker 4: Well he had a few very nice words to say about you.
Speaker 2: Tackle listens big as you were Lance, you never Wizard had some merch in your second year.
Speaker 1: What do you make of the Wizard?
Speaker 4: It's pretty good, It's pretty cool, wasn't he.
Speaker 1: I think it's just good. It's just good for the game.
Speaker 5: I think to have characters in this game, the young supporters, young kids coming through to really watch them and fall in love with them as a player and bring an excitement to the game.
Speaker 1: It's great got to pinch yourself moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is definitely obviously. Yeah, watching him growing up and having you say those words about me is pretty cool and hopefully I can keep impressing him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: He kicked one thousand and sixty six goals in his story career. You're well on the way, give.
Speaker 3: You, no, give you, I'm saying, Jak, and there we anyone else kicking a thousand goals? After we saw him and then Gin He's like, no way, no way, no one else is kicking in the thousands. So you did, like the calculations and everything. You have to kick like seventy goals for fifteen years straight or something for a thousand, So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I've also heard people say the game sort of changed.
Speaker 4: Well it has, you don't really get it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, you do have the big forwards, but they probably don't exert as much sort of influence over a single game as they once did.
Speaker 3: Right, the Glen Ferry Over was pretty small as well. That's why Dunstall was kicking bags of twelve.
Speaker 4: That many girls cg.
Speaker 1: It's quite small, so I can see got up there. Hey, Lauren's not here today, but she was.
Speaker 4: She was shocked to autified.
Speaker 1: Last week over something we brought up with you. And I want to know if you copped a bit of crap from family or friends over this. You know, he's only twenty.
Speaker 3: Do you ever know who the Spice Girls are? I could not tell you who that was. You watch movies, you know.
Speaker 4: Like the greatest girl band of all time. I don't even know they did. Yeah, so you're forgiven.
Speaker 3: You should watch it. It's cultural, it's good.
Speaker 4: It's a cultural from a boy from Ringland.
Speaker 3: I did couple up the boys, all my mates from back home, and they can't believe it either. I was like, I know the songs, but he don't know one like song.
Speaker 6: Now I want to do the boys from the club. Listen to you on the on the radio. You get a bite some of them. Yeah, I'm more like the older boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, they might have a field day with what I want to do next. Well, we've got it. We've got to produce her on our team. Gen z who's around your age, and we commonly like quiz her on things up. We'll play TV themes and go, do you know this TV show? Our idea? Yeah, we want to do the same with you.
Speaker 3: That could be a nightmare.
Speaker 1: I got some very very famous song grabs. Yeah, and some openings to TV shows we grew up with Clint. We'll see how Nick the Wizard Watson goes with it. On the other side of this, plus our lights on sing along is next. Last week, Nikki copped it from family and friends because you didn't know who the Spice Girls were. Yeah. Correct, We're going to do a little generation test on you are coming up very soon. What shows do you watch now? Are you into TV all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Not really, That's why I reckon. I struggle with you.
Speaker 4: We are you're a PlayStation guy, PlayStation but he.
Speaker 1: Packs the PlayStation for the Tazzy trip fair enough to get two K in Fortnite, so the whole unit. Yeah, two controllers, And I'm going to ask you a question or it to be brutally honest with Are you a gaming chair sort of guy?
Speaker 4: No, I'm nice.
Speaker 3: I'm on the couch downstairs.
Speaker 4: And what about a headset?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm headset. Oh yeah, het yeah, yeah, but no gaming chair.
Speaker 4: No, it's a slippery slope.
Speaker 1: Start through the headset. All of a sudden you're in a chair with hope.
Speaker 3: I don't get to that stage.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, before we get to the generation test, we do a thing on Friday scores lights on the sing along.
Speaker 4: But the test starts now, yeah, because this is where we.
Speaker 1: Play an old school song Melbourne. And what we want you to do is the minute the song starts, you engage your head lights. It's your way of saying everyone else in the traffic, I'm singing this old school banger with you. Now, Nick, We're going to get you to intro the song. I'm going to say half the title and you tell me what you reckon. The rest is Okay, I reckon, you'll know it.
Speaker 4: I don't think you'll have the foggiest idea.
Speaker 1: Whither do I? Today's whites On sing along Blinda Carlisle.
Speaker 4: Do you know Blinda Carlisle?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I reckon you get to night? The song is Heaven is.
Speaker 3: Place on Earth?
Speaker 1: How did you know it was? Heaven is a place on Earth?
Speaker 3: So it just comes to the back of my head I've heard it before obviously, and yeah, sort of rang the back of my head.
Speaker 2: Every now and then in a nightclub they will play an old school banger, you know, like Boutique back in the day on a Friday night eighties and nineties.
Speaker 1: Do they play Blinda Carlisle Circus or.
Speaker 3: Maybe they'll let you or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, got chat? You don't feel like you're in heaven then? Okay, So last week on the show we were talking thinking about the Spice Girls and Lauren was blown over to realize you didn't know who they were. You've copped a bit of crap. So this morning we're going to give you a chance to redeem yourself.
Speaker 4: I've got.
Speaker 1: I've got some audio of well known people. Yeah, I've got a TV theme and a song. We want to see if you know these first one very famous Australian. Do you know this person? I tell you what, any buss who secks anyone but not setting up the day as a bug? I think he made that quote after the Sydney to.
Speaker 4: Home No, the America's America America's Cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, since you said that, I could not tell you.
Speaker 2: Think about think about Canberra, Think about the fella who once led Australia in the late dadies.
Speaker 4: No, no, Prime Minister Bob Hawk.
Speaker 1: That was I heard a Bob Hoky.
Speaker 3: I have heard of Bob Hawk. Yeah, wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have guessed that could scalar beer?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he does his finest word kill.
Speaker 4: The record for sculling a yard class.
Speaker 1: That was a hard one. You'll know this one, very very famous band. Again, not a banger you would hear at circus. Oh. I know the song.
Speaker 3: I just don't the bands. I'm just gonna I'm gonna have to guess it.
Speaker 1: Give it a guess.
Speaker 3: I've even gonna guess it's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Crowded, crowded.
Speaker 3: No, no, no house, crowded house.
Speaker 1: Never heard of I never heard of him.
Speaker 3: I just I know the songs. I don't know the bands.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's go TV. Let's go tv TV. This is a show.
Speaker 4: Do you watch much of it?
Speaker 3: No? No?
Speaker 4: Really? What about growing up?
Speaker 3: Growing up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Growing up? He's twenty growing up?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: All right, this is one we This brings back our youth, doesn't it. Clint, You'll know this one.
Speaker 3: No clue?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Just to give it another.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I could not tell you.
Speaker 4: I ever heard of Tim the tool Man Taylor, No, that's home improvement.
Speaker 3: I'm used to be giving me the hard one.
Speaker 1: That was pretty easy. I was going to give you the Simpsons, but it actually says in the opener, Okay, you know what you'll get this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, surely this is it very.
Speaker 1: Famous movie.
Speaker 3: Under the Farm already I go, wait to catch up with you in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: The ribbon you got, I would say, this is Clint one of the most famous movie quotes ever of.
Speaker 3: All time, of all time, open up too much?
Speaker 4: If I can't, here we go.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. She's still made to show me the money. It's from the movie.
Speaker 3: Ah, I know, shame you the money. I stay't over the movie.
Speaker 1: Tom Cruise.
Speaker 3: You know Tom Cruise American football. That helps, But I know is that isn't like an older one? Is an old movie?
Speaker 1: Show me the money Tom Cruise in Jerry, Jerry.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Jerry McGuire, McGuire, Oh, it's got get out of jail.
Speaker 1: Don't distract us, mate by giving away around ticket. He's just reached with the airhol You'll love this gen z our young producer, I said, can you get me the grab from Jerry Maguire, and she said, is that Eddie's brother.
Speaker 4: That's just as bad as me. Jerry Maguire I redeemed himself because he blew the airhorn. There we go and here they come.
Speaker 1: Look at them cool, God Almighty, Hey, make good luck in TAZZI.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to jink you, but I'm feeling I'm feeling good for the Hawks so far. The top of the ladder. How's it good to be sitting there?
Speaker 3: It's good. It's time in my career, so hopefully they can start out there.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget to pack the PlayStation. We'll catch up soon. Nick the Wizard Watson joining us on the air, cheers the company mate.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Lauren, Jason, Lauren wake up feeling good on number one hundreds, Lauren, I'm socials