Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing.
Speaker 3: Style boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours.
Speaker 1: He's in a trash bit. He's non recyclable catching them up.
Speaker 2: I loved being love. I love love just like you know, massaging each other bodies on bodies. It was so hot. That was so hard. That's my turn on.
Speaker 1: Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 3: Is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, we are back with another episode.
Speaker 2: How are you today?
Speaker 1: Anna doing well?
Speaker 3: I am just enjoying the sunshine.
Speaker 2: Well, my turn on of the week is Tammy has got me watching. We actually had to decide between two of her favorite shows. It was either Gray's Anatomy or Vampire Diaries.
Speaker 3: So are you saying she's already seen them?
Speaker 1: And then she was like, you need to see them?
Speaker 2: And she's seen multiple times apparently as well. I selected Vampire Diaries on good choice. Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: I've seen Vampire Diaries and I am obsessed with Vampire Diaries, but I've never seen Gray's anatomy.
Speaker 1: How are you finding it.
Speaker 3: Is that's looking in me?
Speaker 1: Like stun Mullows.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like it's it's just a what do you call it? I did say this one comment at one time, and I got shunned on it's I said, it's like a Walmart version of Twilight.
Speaker 1: Nah, I have to deeply disagree with you on that one.
Speaker 3: No, I just love the whole Lena Damon Stephan dynamic question for anyone listening, who's in the Vampire Diaries sphere?
Speaker 1: Are you team Damon or Stephan?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm pretty early and I'm team Stephan. No, no, sorry, I don't know which ones which. The baddie at the start, who's plays the heel? I think that's Damon. Everyone listenings like this guy has no idea? Well I don't. Every time I look at my phone, I know, I know, but I'm really enjoying it. To be fair, Damon, Yeah, I like him. He's wickedly funny. He's you know, you know, I like the heel. I like the bad guy.
Speaker 1: I am team Damon through and through. He's so hot.
Speaker 2: I think he's funny.
Speaker 1: He's very my type.
Speaker 2: Don't reckon he doesn't have long hair.
Speaker 3: Yes he does, So you're thinking of Stefan. There's one with like the dark longish hair, longish.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, everyone listening to this probably thinks I have no Yeah, that's him, that's I like him better, damon.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've established.
Speaker 2: But you know, like someone died the other day and I was like, oh wow, then they're back alive, and I'm like, hell.
Speaker 1: Vampire ship, I know, got to you gotta.
Speaker 3: Go with the flow.
Speaker 2: And then the main cuffle broke off. I'm Stephan, that's.
Speaker 3: Not the lesson.
Speaker 1: No spoiler, no spoiler.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm pretty sure this is the eighth time they've broken up in this first season, and I'm pretty sure they've got me, and that's gonna happen a three hundred more times.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to talk to you about Vampire Diaries. I mean, this is kind of giving me the urge to rewatch it now, because I'm like, because because you're going to be able to talk about it, maybe the hole wears your head out.
Speaker 1: Fam should watch Vampire Diaries or.
Speaker 2: Rewatch Yes, guys, I recommend it.
Speaker 3: Are you actually not liking it.
Speaker 2: I am, I actually.
Speaker 1: Am, I'm like this sarcastic tone. I'm just like not viving with it.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding, I'm just trying to be cool. I love it. I'm like, what should we watch a movie tonight? Let's watch The Empire Diaries.
Speaker 3: Head over to our Facebook page. I want to know if you guys are team Damon or team Stephan, because it's a real thing and it can cause a lot of conflicts within friendships. Like one of my best friends, Laura, she is team Stefan through and through. Like shy hard.
Speaker 1: Stephan fan cour she is.
Speaker 2: What's your turn off for this week?
Speaker 3: My turn off of the week is that I'm thirty one and I'm just realizing that I just don't recover quite like I used to. And this is in many assets of life, So obviously the one that you initially go to is drinking. Obviously I had a huge period of not drinking after getting sick. We've just had New Years Eve. My recovery just isn't as snappy, isn't as quick. But then on top of that, because I've not done a lot of exercise, I've started getting back into running with Michael how's that going? Well?
Speaker 2: Did you get a rude shock?
Speaker 3: I got a rude awakening literally after my first run. I did one point six, no, one point five k for the first run, which is not far very far. You know what, But I'm not going to go on Instagram and social media and lie to people and be like I did ten k.
Speaker 1: No, I did one point five K. I'm gonna be honest about it.
Speaker 2: It was hard for me as anyone saying that's not that far.
Speaker 1: No, everyone was really nice. No one said that I.
Speaker 2: Thought it. When you posted it, I was like, he's like, embarrassed. That's not even to the shopping back.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's far from me, and listen to this. So after this one point five k ran, I literally hurt my knee. Like my knee was like felt like it was kind of like a jar, like it wasn't dislocated, but it wasn't like in like something was crickety and not quite right. Anyway, that's age for you. I went to the physio I told her this. She was like, how far did you run? She literally laughed. She's like, sorry, I did me into laugh that's unprofessional. I was like, don't worry, I'm laughing at myself on the inside, and then she was literally like, normally, you know, this happens to people after like starting up running for a week and doing it like four times a week for like a couple of months. But like for you, because it's your first run, all I can say is like, you probably shouldn't run for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I've got a question for you. Has Michael given you any massages then, since you've been sore?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: My turn on another one is I know is so last night Tammy and I were in a hotel room, so we're like, you know, let's, you know, spice it up a little bit. We ordered on Uber eats coconut oil. Do you know how much five hundred meals is, she asked me, And I said that's half a liter. Yeah yeah, And I was like, but I'm like, I'm not sure is it a shot? Well, we ordered two, so it became like a liter of coconut oil, which is big, which is big. So my turn on the week is coconut oil for massages, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, coconut oil for sex?
Speaker 2: And then yeah, we're obviously.
Speaker 3: A great lubricant natural like I wouldn't. I don't use lute. We only use coconut oil. There's some coconut inside our bed in the drawer.
Speaker 2: Well that's so yeah. I kept it after because like this was people covered in oil, just like you know, massaging each other bodies on bodies. It was so hot. That was so hard.
Speaker 3: That's my turn on, just like loving each other up with and then it's like not sticky.
Speaker 1: It's not so it's just like a nice and.
Speaker 2: Your skin feels nice afterwards, your moisture afterwards.
Speaker 3: Good for things like thrush as well. Really yeah, like if you have thrash, coconut oils like quite cleansing, calming, all of the above. It's it's it's a real that's a great turn on.
Speaker 2: It was pouring coconut oil just on us.
Speaker 1: We can't pour it.
Speaker 2: It's hard, no, no, no, no liquif we have the liquefied onefied. Yeah, the ur coroconut oil was liquified. I've got it in the car. I'll show you.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, I need to see it.
Speaker 3: I believe my coconut oil is like starts hard and then you take it out and then you liquify it in your hand.
Speaker 2: This one is definitely in a five bottle squeeze bottle, No, just a glass bottle.
Speaker 1: It's like that's doing the strangest actions.
Speaker 2: I'm like pouring it on my head. It looks like I'm a jerkingman.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's go to the Facebook group. Is your coconut oil liquefied or hard? Because minds is hard.
Speaker 1: But look, we can agree to disagree on this. I believe it. If you're telling me you had liquid coconut.
Speaker 2: Oil, it had it looked like it was the stuff that you pour into like those this. Let's not go down there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt.
Speaker 3: We've got lots of things planned this year. We have cruisers, we have hens, parties, bucks parties, trips away, international weddings, concerts, Goldie Bee announcements. But the thing that we both have in common is that I'm a twenty twenty four bride and you are.
Speaker 1: A twenty twenty four groom.
Speaker 3: We're both getting married this year. How excited are you?
Speaker 2: Very excited? Well, obviously we don't have out date as such booked in now, but we're aiming for that year and I guess booking a venue dislay. She's obviously going to be challenging, A little bit challenging. What do you call it? A venue that's like we want so we're looking around, but hopefully it is this year. We've just got to book the venue, find someone. We've got a wedding planner, so we' well, I say we Tammy's a wedding planner and it's all ready to go.
Speaker 3: How much involvement are you going to have in the wedding because I know for our engagement party, Michael had zero input really in our engagement party. And on the way to our engagement party, Michael was like, thank you so much for doing everything. And I was like, you know what, for our wedding, you are having input, Like I'm not. I want us to both be a part of it, for it to be like a joint venture.
Speaker 2: Well, I would like to say I'm going to have some input and I'd like to, but I just I don't think I'm going to. I mean, I Tammy asked me flak for what what I picture or something. I brought up a photo and then she was like, no, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Not photo did you bring us?
Speaker 2: I can't remember something that I searched for like weddings. And I was like, I like this and absolutely not. And then she showed me her Pinterest board and I was looking at that and I was like, what's that And She's like, they're spoons And I'm like, why do they have to look like that? Why can't we just have spoons? What do you mean they're like all Shaley and Artie and like they look pretty, like they look nice. But then oh, come on, I'm not, like, you know, I'm not very stylish like with that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Attention to details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she had like I mean, she showed me the cake that she wanted and I was like, oh, we're going to put like the you know, the little groomsman and bride on there, and she was like, absolutely not. I'm not you know, like I don't think that I'm going to have much of a say in it. I like, like, I'm definitely interested, and I've asked to like sit in on meetings and you know, look at things and like give my opinion. But at the end of the day, I think I'm just going to rock up and do the most important thing and say I do say I.
Speaker 3: Do, I love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's her. I think my role is at.
Speaker 3: The way I mean the thing is is there are like little things that you can even do just so that you feel like you have had some input. Like you could potentially do a playlist for the DJ that they can kind of like, you know, gives them some sort of direction. Or you could organize a wedding car. And Michael is like really wanting to organize our wedding car, even though I'm like, do we need a wedding car because it's on the estate.
Speaker 2: That was my thought as well. We're looking at a state that you're staying at, so it wouldn't be so much wedding car, like where are they going to drive us?
Speaker 3: You know? But it's more just like for the photos with the wedding car, like I've always dreamed of, like getting in after the marriage and been like, what have you just married in the cans on the the cans.
Speaker 1: The cans.
Speaker 2: Drive along with the cans rackingly.
Speaker 3: Our estate where we're getting married is quite rustic as well, so I feel like the cans dragging behind would be just like such a vibe.
Speaker 2: It'd be a cool photo would be here. No might I might ask her toy, ask you what our song should be for our first dance?
Speaker 3: Because you guys don't have a first like a song, yeah, song?
Speaker 2: And I what we do have songs? And I told her that my idea of the songs, and she said, no, fair enough. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: To be really honest with you, I don't think that we necessarily.
Speaker 2: Have a couple songs.
Speaker 3: Well, we've had songs that we've been like, this is our song, but I don't think any of them were strong enough for our first dance. And we've tried to we've tried to make songs our songs for the wedding specifically, but then I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know if you can make a song a song.
Speaker 2: Well, there's the one song that we had that made sense I would classify as our song was when I rented that car in Brisbane and from when we were up there doing the show and I drove down to the Gold Coast and I didn't know how to work the stereo and there was this seed he told me about that and this CD in there that was this real sad love song and I shit, you knocked. It was on repeat for however long that drive is, because I was stuck in traffic as well, like an hour and a half. It was just on repeat.
Speaker 3: See that's a good that's a good story of why that should be your song?
Speaker 2: Should I play it?
Speaker 1: Play the song? I want to hear it.
Speaker 3: I mean very like slow romantic.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine me driving listening to this?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of the wedding.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking like doves flying.
Speaker 2: Does it remind you of like.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's unique. No one's gonna have that for their wedding song, are they.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of like a like a Alves in Lord of the Ring sort of song. It's so wild.
Speaker 3: I can imagine like you guys at opposite ends of the dance floor walking towards each other, doves flying above you.
Speaker 1: That's what that song is giving.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that song just that gave me like a bit of like when driving and it would literally just restart again.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Okay, Matt.
Speaker 3: We are getting married in twenty twenty four, and obviously we have lots of wedding chat that we could talk about with the podcast, but we want to throw to you guys on our Facebook page. Do you actually want to hear this type of wedding chat? Because we can talk about this as little or as much as you guys, like, so head over there now and we're going to follow your lead. But for now, since we're already on wedding chat, I thought we could discuss some of the twenty twenty four wedding trends that are predicted.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Matt.
Speaker 3: Doesn't even look like he's not even doing a good job of pretending to be interested in that. That, okay, was the most unenthusiastic okay of your whole life.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Tammy's already got her wedding dress already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's gone before me.
Speaker 1: The girl is moving fast.
Speaker 2: I joke. I joke around to say, well it is her third go. She's probably had it on the back burner.
Speaker 1: That dress.
Speaker 2: I guess she I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: I guess she kind of knows like what she wants.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Whereas, like little backstory on me. When I like hit twenty seven, I was the go to wedding model, so obviously I modeled for ten years from seventeen to twenty seven. When I hit twenty seven, the only jobs I started booking were all of the Bridal magazine. So I was on the front cover of every Bridle magazine in Australia at one point, like I was on all the wedding websites, the Bridal website, so I have tried on more wedding dresses than any woman on the planet. So like, I think I had an idea of what I wanted my wedding dress to be like, But then I think because I've tried on so many, it's made me almost so picky with wedding dresses and just very confused as to what I would personally want for my own wedding. It's almost like, I'm not going to say ruined it, but like the you know when you first try on a wedding dress, it's like, ah, I've never wore a wedding dress before. But for me, I've tried on so many that I'm kind of like, yeah, like it needs to be something pretty special to blow me away.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten further at designing it or anything like that?
Speaker 3: Yes, So I have a lin lakwe designing my dress.
Speaker 1: Two dresses.
Speaker 2: How many changes are you doing too? Only two?
Speaker 1: Only two? How many Sammy doing? I'm not sure how many changes are you doing?
Speaker 2: Just a jacket and bow tie will come up? Give me a little bit of a chilled out look at the reception.
Speaker 1: Are you going to do suspenders?
Speaker 2: I haven't thought about it, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Yeah, maybe you'll be setting the trends.
Speaker 3: Of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I haven't even thought about that. And then like, I guess I'm excited thinking about what I'm going to wear and that, Yeah, it is exciting.
Speaker 3: And like Michael's currently planning on He's going with his groomsmen to get them all suits and they go into this like room and they all have whiskey together and they chat. I'll ask him, and I mean just you can message him and all ask you. But yeah, you like they're making like a nice day of it, and they all go get measured for suits, try on suits, kind of get a bit litty, and then they'll probably go out after. I think that's such a fun way to do it, like such a nice memorable bonding time.
Speaker 2: I've told who my groom's winning going to be. I've told him in a group chat.
Speaker 3: But you don't want to like make them nice boxes or do something special.
Speaker 2: Temmy setting up the boxes for her bridesmaids and I was like, well, what do I do for my grooms and what do I get them? And she was like do guys even do that?
Speaker 1: And I was sort of like, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know, like do you get them like this is completely this thought, like do you get them like a flask or something or like.
Speaker 3: You could do you get them like engraved floor?
Speaker 2: That's what I mean? But then are they going to like what are they going to do with that? Do you get them like a I don't know what, A many.
Speaker 1: Ducks to wear on the wedding day? Personalized socks?
Speaker 2: Like what do you get men that they're going to be couplings?
Speaker 1: That's a good one that they would wear on the wedding day.
Speaker 2: Wear on the wedding day. But then you just get that when you get the suit.
Speaker 3: But if you I'm just thinking like if you wanted to do like give.
Speaker 2: Them something, well, I was sort of thinking that I take him out for a drink and I say, hey, guys, like you're my grooms and you're my best man group chat. I sort of started a little bit with like joking about something else, and I was like, no, I've brought you here because of you guys are my groomsmen.
Speaker 1: I've gathered you here to Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's literally what I said. We all gathered here today and I gave some joker and then they laughed and I said, no, no, you guys are my groomson kid?
Speaker 1: Were they happy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A lot of love hearts thrown around and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: It's really nice, like, you know, asking people who are closest to you to be a part of your wedding, because it's like a wedding is about the couple and like your special day, but it's such a big day that you do need help and you need people who are going to be there for you, and people who you know, we've been friends with for a while, and like they've known you and seen you in shitty relationships and they've seen you now on this progression and now like you're in this happy, amazing place and.
Speaker 2: They're genuinely happy for you.
Speaker 3: Because, yeah, my bridesmaids better cry. I said to Michael, I was like, do you think you'll cry when I walk up the altar? And he was like, well, I don't want to feel pressure to cry, but I probably will.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, I thought the other day in traffic, I was going through my like the hours that I was going to say to HAMI and I avow. Well, I was like just going over it what I would say, and I started tearing up thinking of her bows as well. In that moment, I started like crying.
Speaker 3: I've started making dot points in my notes for vows.
Speaker 2: I've got the main points.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should compare vows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm happy to I got like the main points that lack that I want to hear. Yeah, you know, I'll probably wing it.
Speaker 3: I'm on like TikTok vowels at the moment, like they're telling me exactly how to nail my vows. They're like, it needs a beginning and middle, and you need to tell them why you love them, what your promises are for the future.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm all over it. So he needs some tips.
Speaker 2: I've got that, Like I've got my promises and why. It's pretty much dot pointed already. Nice. Yeah, but I mean you can always add from how long does the voss go for?
Speaker 1: I think as long as you want you can have.
Speaker 3: So our manager Anna was telling us that on their vows they had a word limit. So I think they had like a four hundred word limit, so they both went for like the same amount of time.
Speaker 2: Well, i'm a I'm a performer. So I don't want the crowd to get bored. I want to keep it.
Speaker 1: This is not a performance.
Speaker 3: That's what I said to Michael, because my Michael, I reckon is a performer.
Speaker 1: I don't reckon.
Speaker 3: Michael is a performer as well at heart one hundred percent. Well, he was the lead singer in a band, like he loves a bit of me time. I'm like, this is not a performance, Like I want you to look in my eyes and declare your undying love to.
Speaker 2: Get to turn around to the audience and you're like, this girl here.
Speaker 3: A b Why some people with their vows do wild things like I saw this girl do a rap for her fiance, and like, do you like that?
Speaker 2: That's romantic?
Speaker 3: See if Michael's turned around and started rapping.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, you're ruining it.
Speaker 2: No, I think it should be very intimate, looking to each other's eyes. You forget that there's there's even people there.
Speaker 3: But then a wedding is like also like your entertaining guests, So like, are the guests going to prefer like you guys looking heartfelt into each other's eyes or a funny rap?
Speaker 1: Maybe a funny rap?
Speaker 2: Well on that actually that's it.
Speaker 3: That's the note we have to hit. We have to hit that middle ground of it being entertaining but also meaning.
Speaker 2: I say, Tammy asked me if the groomsmen would do a dance at the reception, and I said, well, let me message them. So I said, hey, guys, I think we should do a dance. And then one of my mates, Ben replied, and.
Speaker 1: He's said, Matthew Zukowski.
Speaker 2: Never yeah, and he goes, is this is this Tammy's orders or request? And I said, it's very heavily requested that we do.
Speaker 1: Fair enough though, that would be so fun.
Speaker 2: I reckon it would be as well. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, just like learning the steps together, it's like some quality time that you're spending with them, Like, that's so nice.
Speaker 2: I'm just picturing me doing my dance at my year ten deb to poker Face and how cringe it was. You're not doing more?
Speaker 3: Okay, man, I just got so off track there. We clearly can talk about weddings for days at this point, but let's go to the twenty twenty four wedding trends.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 3: One is fewer wedding parties and members.
Speaker 2: So less bridesmaids and less groomsmen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, no a friend for you?
Speaker 2: No, you have who you want there? I agree, what's what's the what is it the average for like four or five?
Speaker 1: I think it's also that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in regards to bridesmaids and groomsmen, I guess it's just whoever you want. Like, I don't think people are like lessening.
Speaker 1: That or whatever.
Speaker 3: But what about like the people who are invited? How many people are you guys going to invite?
Speaker 2: It's going to be small? Intimate? How small we're trying for one hundred.
Speaker 1: We tried for fifty and we're at eighty.
Speaker 2: It's like, well where do you Yeah, it's like where do you call the line? Because I was like where, Like, you know, you've got your mates, and what do you invite their partners? And then you're like, well, yeah, their partner should come. And then you're like, but then that blows it out my side of fifty a lot more. But then if ivite just my mates and you put them on a table, it's going to turn into the boys club pretty quickly with pisted, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have to invite people's partner.
Speaker 2: Then that cuts off a lot of mates. Do you know what I mean, it's well, what mate's partners, because I don't know a lot of my mate's partners very well. Then then they're not a good friend in a fresh relationship.
Speaker 3: But then you have to take the you have to buy the bullet on that because imagine if you're in a fresh relationship with someone, I mean you are kind of in a fresh relationship with someone and they're like, sorry, it's only been this amount of time.
Speaker 2: Do you remember with when I got my ex got invited that wedding and I was on the short list and I had to stay out and you.
Speaker 1: Had to sit at the hotel. That was so.
Speaker 2: Sad as a maybe sat at the hotel, end up having a good night. I had a mate in that town and so I went out with him and got pissed, but still that was early days of that relationship.
Speaker 3: Put me on you have to have if you're inviting someone, you have to invite their partner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I agree. I agree. If I put all my mates on a table, like I said, it will turn into the boys club pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: I would highly highly suggest not doing that just for your wedding specifically, that would be a disaster. Okay, wedding trends for twenty twenty four odd numbers and mixed gendered wedding parties.
Speaker 2: Would you make me a bridesmaid?
Speaker 3: I did say. I was thinking about making that my bridesman.
Speaker 2: In a suit the same colored as the dresses.
Speaker 3: As addresses, and you would have to walk down the aisle with one of the grooms men. What would it be if I was.
Speaker 1: In your grooms party? What would that be called?
Speaker 2: Grooms women? Grooms women?
Speaker 3: Well, twenty have a grooms woman?
Speaker 1: That's a no.
Speaker 3: I mean you were hounding me to be the MC.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you a question for me to be your MC.
Speaker 2: Forget about it, forget about it. A digital wedding registry and wishing.
Speaker 1: Well I love this idea.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big fan of wishing wells. I find it awkward to ask for money. I don't. I find it a bit like you know what I mean, like and then like what you know?
Speaker 1: I find it you don't have.
Speaker 3: To ask people for money, but like people will if you're getting married or getting engaged, get you a gift. And sometimes people would prefer not to get random gifts, so they're like, we'll just have a wishing well and you can just give us money.
Speaker 2: What would the gifts be that you get someone for a wedding.
Speaker 3: Well, in the olden days, they would get like people like kettles and toasters because they wouldn't like live together pre marriage. So that's like a very old school way of thinking. So you get like appliances or things you need for the house, or people do like have a list of things that that they might potentially need, or like money towards a honeymoon or whatever it is. Obviously, weddings are super expensive, like beyond expensive, so it's kind of like that thing of like I'm paying you know, two hundred dollars ahead for you, and then the person will probably like give them, you know, one hundred and fifty or two hundred dollars, and it kind of is supposed to even out.
Speaker 1: That's the thought process kind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, I don't see the problem with it.
Speaker 1: Then, Okay, Matt.
Speaker 3: Some more wedding trends are micro weddings and elopements. I'm seeing this a lot lately, and I kind of love it.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of eloping. I know, like I want a big wedding and all that sort of stuff. But like imagine like just having an eloping. Right, you go to like a courthouse and it's just you two, so you know, you have like a moment just the two of you in the courthouse, and then you share that moment and then that's like your legal wedding, you know what I mean, That's like the one that you actually are married. Yeah, and then you go have the big one and celebrate with everyone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always thought that it would be such a cute idea to just go overseas with your partner elope, but just get into like a wedding attire, so like a nice bridal gown, a suit, and then hire a photographer. I'm like, that is such a cheap way to do a wedding.
Speaker 1: It's so fun. You're overseas together a girl I.
Speaker 2: Went to high school. We've did that and on Instagram in Italy. It's really cute.
Speaker 1: I love that idea. That's a really cute way.
Speaker 2: Too low, Yeah, that is a cute way.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Another wedding trend we have is destination weddings or whole weekends weddings.
Speaker 1: I'm obviously doing a destination wedding. What are you guys thinking.
Speaker 2: We'd love to do a destination wedding, but obviously Tammy's family is full of people with kids, so you can't really just take the kids to like you know, like it's harder to do that. So we're looking at anywhere along from like you know, Queensland's New South Wales or like Victoria, so anywhere along that. We could be anyway really, but just depends on where.
Speaker 1: It is exciting.
Speaker 2: Okay. Another one is a cocktail wedding rather than a sit down wedding. So I've only been to cocktail weddings. I've never been to a sit down wedding.
Speaker 3: I've only been to sit down weddings. I wish I'd been to more weddings, That's the one. My one qualm with having a wedding is like I'm like the first in my friendship group to embark on the journey of having a wedding. So I just I feel like when you go to weddings, you pick up on like little details of like, oh, that's a great detail to have, you know, like food for the after party or.
Speaker 1: Whatever it might be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just feel like I haven't been to enough so I think my attention to detail my weddings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've only been to a handful of weddings, so yeah, I've only been to cocktail one. I feel like a sit down one would be nice. I prefer to sit down one, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I sit down as well. I like to sit down.
Speaker 3: I like to properly get fed and chill out post ceremony and then hit the dance floor when I'm fed.
Speaker 2: Then you have to try to figure out the seating arrangement for everyone and who sits with who.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that's that deep. Like people always gone about the seating arrangement, but like people can.
Speaker 1: Switch seats, Like I'm not going to be offended.
Speaker 3: Okay. Final one, we had champagne tower versus a cake. I'm leaning more towards a cake, I think for my wedding, just because I feel like I had a champagne tower at my thirtieth I think I could still potentially do one.
Speaker 2: You butchered that as well. With that champagne tower. It didn't flow, did it.
Speaker 3: I Mean it was a little bit harder than I anticipated. And now that I'm on wedding talk, I feel like people go on about how like I mean, I think you genuinely need two people to do it to like actually feel it. I realized that, like one bottle does not feel I remember, it.
Speaker 2: Just didn't flow. It just didn't flow, like what the idea is.
Speaker 1: I mean, the video look good. I was happy with it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I remember afterwards being like, oh, it's meant to flow a lot more in what I see online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think like you see them when they're like pretty much filled.
Speaker 2: Can't you do both cake and champagne tower?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're just some of the trends of twenty twenty four weddings.
Speaker 2: Red flag, Green flag, Anna, Okay, I've got one for you. Pretends to not know how to do the simplest tasks in order to get them done for them. Do you know what this is called?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Weaponizing incompetency?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I've never heard such big It's come out of your math.
Speaker 2: It is a technique that people use in relationships.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't act like I'm incompetent to do it, but I do ask Michael to do things for me, and I think him doing those things for me is like a love language of mine. Like if I'll be like, oh, honey, can you quickly get me my charge? And my friend's about to die if I'm busy. He'll go get it and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: He loves me.
Speaker 3: Really not weaponizing blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: That's like so Weponizing comversity is like they get asked to do something like make a cup of tea, and then you make it really badly, so your partner will be like, eh, do that again.
Speaker 1: That what you do.
Speaker 2: I don't do that, I tell you. It's it's what people do in relationships. Or you go can you wash my car for me or something like that, or can you wash the dishes? And they do a really bad job so they don't get asked to do it again.
Speaker 1: I reckon Michael does that.
Speaker 2: He loves my breakfast, or you make a bad breakfast for someone, so then they go, well, I'm not going to ask you to do that again, or give a shit massage, so they ask you not to do it again.
Speaker 3: That's actually so funny, I reckon. There's so many guilty people listening to.
Speaker 1: This, Like I've done this.
Speaker 2: A lot of men do it.
Speaker 3: I reckon Michael does that with cooking sometimes a lot of men. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's very common to any of your sins of doing this.
Speaker 2: I can't. Off the top of my I genuinely can't. I think cooking is one. I don't you know. I'm not a big fan of cooking, So I don't you put.
Speaker 3: In like zero, like zero point one out of ten efforts to cooking.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 2: I have lived a bachelor cooking life for most.
Speaker 3: Like even when we went to coals or something when we were in when we were when we were in Sydney doing podcasts like last year or maybe at the start of this year, and we both went to coals and I literally like made up a sandwich. I got like, you know, bread, rolls, I got like cooked chicken, I got sauce, I got everything, and you just got like this terrible meal. And then you're like, can I have something yours?
Speaker 2: I was like, that's right to drop it to my hotel? Can you drop it?
Speaker 3: Can you can you make can you make one me one of these sandwiches and drop it to my hotel?
Speaker 2: You made it wrapped in I just got something.
Speaker 3: You got like a pre made meal that was yuck and I would never buy that. I hate pre made meals. I think it's.
Speaker 2: Really I love it so quick, so easy to chuck them in the middle.
Speaker 3: That's where we're very different. Like you love a pre cooked meal and I just prefer to use fresh ingredients.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I eat because I'm hungry.
Speaker 3: Now say, is it a red flag or is it a green flag? It's a red flag through and through.
Speaker 2: I think it's a red flag, big red flag, big red flag.
Speaker 3: Everyone's going to be like watching their partners now, being like, are.
Speaker 2: You weaponizing incompetency?
Speaker 1: Are you weaponizing incompetency?
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, that's all we have time for. We hope you're still enjoying your summer holiday if you're on them. We are going to be back next week with a fresh episode. We back in the studio. We can't wait to chat to you guys then and until then, Bye bye,